The Enhanced Games.

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

The Enhanced Games

An area I am passionate about is The Enhanced Games because I think it is important to be aware about the drugs they take and the effects it has. First of all, The Enhanced Games is made for taking performance enhancing drugs (PED) but in my opinion I think it should be banned. After continuous training and working hard and then you're pressured to take drugs?

Without doubt, The Enhanced Games is a different option for the Olympics and people are debating if it should be banned. Taking drugs in general can harm your body for as long as you live which is the same PED. Athletes who have trained for many years and push themself have seen the other events are questioning themself if they should have trained for years or not.

Others are worried it could be harmful to the athletes and have a negative impact on sport. It can badly affect your life especially if you are not particularly well, it can give you really bad after effects and can be emotional for many.Drugs are not cheap so the wealthy countries may not have anyone to compete against which can lead to problems and it ending up being really unfair because the non-wealthy teams will have to work two times harder and stronger as they are not taking as many drugs as their opponents.

However, when they do take these drugs their performance will be better and it makes the participants be the best in their abilities. It does make the audience more entertained and intrigued. The drugs have been approved by professional scientists. When people participate in The Enhanced Games they will not have to work as hard. Also, you need to be a role model for the younger generations. This is because they might see that the athletes are not training and working as hard because they are taking PED. Which can clearly have an effect on their future.

After discussing both points of views I think The Enhanced Games should be banned for a lifetime and nothing similar should come back. What would your choice be, participate in the olympics or The Enhanced Games?

Comments (4)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hi,
    I love your standpoint, I love how you have framed it and how you have ventured every perspective on the topic. I also agree with you, and my choice would be to participate in the Olympics as even if I lose, I know it it would be n the bases of my talent and not some PED that could've taken.

• Hello humble_flower, your standpoint is realty informative, and I would like to give my views concerning your standpoint now.
    Well, I totally agree with the statement that The Enhanced Games should be banned permanently. Although it may provide an alternate platform for athletic sports competitions but, the use of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) reduces the integrity of sports and endangers the health and safety of athletes. The will to take such enhancing substances opposes the principles of fairness and hard work that create the pillars of competitive sports. Moreover, the possible long-term health implications of PEDs are fully recorded, forming significant risks to athletes' health and overall well-being. Also, the financial gap in access to these enhanced drugs could spring up inequalities in sports, resulting to an unfair playing field for athletes from less wealthy nations. Despite these worries, prioritizing clean, enhancement drug-free competition in events such as the Olympics remains fundamental to sustaining the true spirit of sportsmanship and athletic achievement. As for my opinion concerning participating in the Olympics or The Enhanced Games, I would unquestionably go for the Olympics, where the central focus is on pure athleticism, dedication, and fair competition, unadulterated by the influence of performance-enhancing drugs.

• There is so much to consider about potential health risks associated with the use of performance-enhancing drugs (PED), I totally believe that The Enhanced Games should be banned permanently. I some argue that it offers a different avenue for athletes to prosper and entertain audiences a.k.a the fans, but the deteriorating effects on athletes' health and the equality of sport cannot be sidelined. The anxiety to use PEDs decreases the main priority of fair play and diligence, transmitting a worrying message to future generations about the value and puy of natural talent and dedication. In response to your question the Olympics, with its emphasis on excellence through diligent and fair means, remains the foundation of athletic achievement and should be shown as the standard for competitive sports.

• The Enhanced Games is a kind of planned international sport that was founded by Aron D’Souza and will start in 2025. In enhanced games, athletes take drugs before their performance. Some people think that the Enhanced Games is a good idea and that athletes will be incredible in their performance.
    On the other hand, some people don’t support the idea of enhanced games(esports).
    In my opinion, Enhanced Games is disagreeable and not fair, as athletes take drugs and that might affect them negatively. Also, sports are about spending a hard time training and increasing their levels by exercising not only by taking drugs.