Unfair Treatment

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Gender equality has alway been discussed among others. Women have always had less rights than men do. Which is really unfair in my opinion because every person has a dream they want to accomplish, but due to their gender they are restricted to do so. Their ability was looked down on by others because of their gender. This could also apply to a man too. Everybody should get a chance to prove their ability no matter their gender.

Because of their gender women have a harder time getting a job then a man does. Many think women are good for nothing beside looking good. But, those who were considered “ugly” according to social beauty standards had it even worse. Which is sad because a woman can do more than their looks. They should not be treated based on their gender or how they look. In fact, nobody should.

It was considered a norm for women to be housewives and their only purpose was to give birth. Based on where I used to live it was also common for the dad to prefer a son over a daughter, because a son can carry out their bloodline while a daughter can’t. Another reason was because they believed that a son is more useful than a daughter. This treatment was quite unfair to women because like I said before nobody should be looked down on because of their gender.

In conclusion I wanted to point out the thing on how I view gender inequality. In other words I want to share my viewpoint on gender inequality. Again, I believe that nobody should be treated based on their gender.

Thank You

Comments (2)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hi there empowered_trombone. Interesting comments. Do you think there are any jobs that only a woman (or only a man) could do?

• Well , i see that gender inequality is a hard challenge that society is going through and after we can end sexism , there will he piece in our beloved world.

Men and women should have equal rights because there are many things women can do as good as men if not better and the same way around.

I see gender equality as something that needs to exist so we can stop saying " Gender inequalty " but start saying " Gender EQUALITY " , if this is becomes reality