Thanks to everyone who entered the competition this week. It was very difficult to choose winners because the quality of your research was excellent. However, after a lot of thinking, we decided they should be…
fantastic_fossil of Rhemaville Christian Academy in Nigeria, who described the benefits of the ice-cream machine, invented in 1846 by Nancy Johnson
best_insect of Graveney School in the United Kingdom, whose explanation about why Sarah Goode invented the folding cabinet-bed really caught our attention.
Well done everyone for sharing such inspiring stories!
Welcome to the competition! There are three important rules:
- DON'T COPY OTHER STUDENTS
- FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- ENTRIES MUST BE THREE SENTENCES OR LESS
If you don't follow the rules, you will not be able to win and your account may be deactivated.
This competition will close at 5pm (UK time) on Wednesday 16th March for judging! We will announce two winners on Thursday 17th. Good luck!
Did you know? Windscreen wipers on cars,
bullet-proof material and the first computer software were all invented by women!
This week's competition is all about celebrating the women, who have changed the world through their amazing inventions.
You should find ONE great thing that was invented by a woman and say WHY it is important.
Don't forget to come back and see what other students have found!
- Read the other competition entries first so that your idea is original
- Make your entry personal to YOU
- The inventor you mention must be a WOMAN
- You could structure your entry like this: "I found out that *INVENTION*... was invented by *FEMALE INVENTOR* . This invention is important because..."