#32 Media jobs!

16 June 2022

WINNING COMMENTS

Competition rules

Welcome to the competition! There are three important rules:

1. DON'T COPY OTHER STUDENTS
  2. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
  3. ENTRIES MUST BE THREE SENTENCES OR LESS

If you don't follow the rules, you will not be able to win and your account may be deactivated.

This competition will close on Wednesday 4th May for judging! We will announce two winners on Thursday 5th. Good luck!

The competition

All of you have brilliant ideas - so there is no doubt that you'd be fantastic at jobs in the media in the future. But which media job might be right for you? To enter the competition this week...

1. Take the quiz to find out which media job you might enjoy
  2. Tell us your result and what you think about it

Top tips

• Make your entry personal to YOU
  • There are no wrong answers
  • You could say: "The quiz told me that I might be good at... . I like/don't like the idea of this because..."

Comments (44)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• The quiz told me that I might be good at presenting on TV. I like the idea of this because I like to receive news the first to check them, to share my ideas-thoughts and the news I know with others, and to enrich their knowledge. In addition, I have a strong personality with a strong and clear voice which benefit me more in my media career.

• The quiz told me that I would make TV news presenter or news podcaster. I like the idea of news podcaster the most, because I am so interested in analyzing events with experts who will be my a guest, so that I can be looking forward to the political, economical, or even social developments, this job really suits me as I am so interested in politics, world conflicts, and economy. I think that I have a good personality for such job, as it needs social skills and the ability to adapt with people and have such conversations.

• The quiz told me that l might be good at brilliant journalist or script-writer for news shows .l like this ideaFirst, because it is an idea presented by you, who are looking for our talents and are working to liberate them.
    Secondly, I think it is a great idea because I love searching for facts and riddles and presenting reports.

• The quiz told me that i might be good at editing for newspaper, magazine, or news show . I don’t like the idea of this because I usually not into news in general but the only thing that makes me interested is to know everything that happens so that i am up to date to where i live or either to all over the world . As well , to catfish my point of view to a certain topic and widen my horizon.

• The test told me if I could further develop my skills in Topical Talt

• The test told me that I could be good as an excellent TV news presenter or I could be a news anchor I liked this idea because I like to let people know what I think and share my thoughts with them and because news is something important in people's lives and if I come across an important new keyword for a topic in the news I explain it and show what the word means key to another person using examples so that they can identify its meaning.

• The quizz told me that I might be an exellent TV reporter, and l totally agree with that, because l m naturly talented in speaking. In addition, l have expressing my opinion and sharing ideas with others

• The quiz told me that I might be good at journalism or script-writing for news shows.
    I like the idea of this because creativity comes most naturally to me and I discovered this talent when I started sharing ideas and information on Topical Talk Hub and I am progressively improving it.
    Also, linking ideas together to find new ones and thinking of exciting ways to share my learning with others is something that I love because it is my way to make others interested in knowing more and more.

• The test told me I might be good at being a brilliant journalist or screenwriter on news shows!
    Because the script is the person who writes the script in its detailed framework and also directs the process of preparing the graphics work such as: movies, TV shows, comics or video games ... In many cases, the script is more than a plan to shoot a movie story.
    And they both work with love
    I like this idea because:
    When I work in these professions, I will work with love and I will be serious and frank and always show the truth and do not work to change the facts, but rather to give viewers everything that is true and because collecting and disseminating information about current events, trends and people’s issues and making reportages, and the profession of a journalist is to prepare reports for broadcast Or published in various media such as newspapers, television, radio and magazines.

• The quiz told me that I might be good at being a researcher or a fact-searcher. I like the idea of me becoming a researcher or fact-searcher because I am interested in research and would hopefully like to become a scientist some day.

• The quiz told me that I might be a good editor for newspapers. I like this idea because I like writing about things that are currently happening in the town. I would also like it because I like sharing the news and I want people to understand what is going on at the present time.

• The quiz told me that I would be brilliant at being a journalist or script-writer for news shows. I like the idea of this because as a journalist I can travel around the world and journalism offers the opportunity to work internationally. I like the job of script-writing because I can write scripts/plans about films that are based on true stories.

• I am very happy with the results as I was told I was a TV reporter.

This is a good thing as this shows that speaking comes as a natural thing for me and this could be seen as a skill for topical talk.
    This could be used for sharing possible ideas or speaking out loud because this is an important and well used trait.
    I could use this job to speak out towards people and bring out the best in the world in order to work out the problems we used to face which lead on to the problems we face today.

This is why I am happy with being a TV reporter.

• The quiz told me that I might be a Journalist or script writer for the news. I like the idea of being a Script writer because I like writing exciting stories and I think I am creative at it. And a Journalist can travel all around the world and I really enjoy travelling to lots of places.

• The quiz told me that I might be a brilliant editor for a newspaper, magazine, or news show. I don't like the idea of this because I prefer being the centre of attention, not in the background, writing scripts.

1. Thanks for your comment, precious_rainforest! What would a media job that puts you in the centre of attention look like?

• The quiz told me that I would be a great journalist or script writer for a news show and creativity comes naturally to me.I like this idea because coming up with ideas and what the news reporters should say would be really interesting as you are coming up with what you want to say by finding out more about the news so that I can know what to show to the reporters so they know what to say when presenting.

1. Thanks for your entry, excellent_solution! I noticed you mentioned that you would find out more about the news to come up with ideas for what to write as a journalist or a script writer for a news show. What are some of the methods you would use to find out more about the news?

• The quiz told me that I might be good at being a researcher or fact checking. I like this job because I always listen to other people and I do lots of searching because I’m always curious so for me and I like to see if it’s right or wrong. So I think it’s a good job for me and in future I might be a researcher of fact checking

1. Thanks for weighing in, crafty_peach! Curiosity and good listening skills definitely take you a long way as a fact-checker. Another ability that's important for fact-checkers to have is being able to determine whether a piece of information is accurate. How would you go about doing that?

• The test told me that I might as well, make a great editor for a newspaper, magazine, or news show! I like the idea of ​​this because I usually don't care about news in general, but the only thing that makes me interested is knowing everything that's going on so that I'm always up to date with where I live or around the world. To solve problems that naturally come to me. I would love to know what is going on and use examples and reasons to support your opinions.

• this quiz is very great and important , thank❤

• The quiz told me that I might be good at being a journalist or script writer for a news shows. I like this job because we will be able to inform people who want to know something about the news and who are interested in it. Also, for poor people, writing a newspaper will teach them more about what is going on in the world. This works because newspapers are free in supermarkets, so if they get a few for them, they will be able to learn more about what is happening around us.

• This quiz told me I was a good researcher or fact-checker. I think this would be fitting for me since researching has always been a big hobby of mine, and I believe people need to know the truth about things instead of simply believing anything they see on the internet.

• The test told me I would be a brilliant journalist or screenwriter on news shows
    Because creativity is a talent that comes to me very naturally, and I also like to link ideas together. It never bothers me to confront the opinions of others. I do not consider them criticism. Rather, it is just high advice to benefit from the advice and link it with my ideas in ways that make the reader not get tired of reading the newspaper.

• The test told me I was going to be a brilliant journalist or screenwriter on news shows!

Creativity comes naturally to you. You love connecting your ideas and thinking of exciting ways to share what you've learned with others.

• The quiz told me that I might be a good TV news presenter or news podcaster. I don't like this idea because I would rather talk about something I am familiar with and like the topic of instead of discussing given topics and not being allowed to share my oinion and view on it.

• The test told me would make a brilliant editor for a newspaper, magazine or news show!

PROBLEM-SOLVING comes most naturally to you. You like figuring out what's going on and using examples and reasons to back-up your opinions.

• The quiz told me creativity comes naturally to me, and putting that with a little bit of grace and dignity, I would like to create a new journalism system.

The journalists would have a rating where for good work their rating will elevate and for any acts of corruption or criticism it will degrade and so they will be awarded according to their act. You see here a bad journalist can't blame the authority for violation of the right of speech as the authority is the people and the people are the only power of a journalist.

• The quiz told me i might be at editing news papers ,magerzine or news shows. I like the idea alit🤗

1. Don't forget to give reasons why you like or don't like the recommendation!

• The quiz told me that i would be a good news podcaster because of my speaking skills ! This would be a very interesting job to have because you can share your opinions about topics with the a lot of people . I like to know what other people think about my opinion and know theirs too , i think this job would be very entertaining.

• The test told me I could make a great editor for a newspaper, magazine, or news show! Also tell me when a problem occurs the solution comes to me naturally. I like to know what is going on and use examples and reasons to support opinions that I am convinced of.

• The quiz told me that I would be a brilliant editor for a newspaper, magazine, or news show it said problem-solving comes most naturally to me I like figuring out what's going on and using examples and reasons to back up my opinions. I like this because I am a creative person and I like creating comics and books, so I agree with the quiz.

• The quiz told me I would be a brilliant journalist or script-writer for news shows! I think this suits me well as I read lots and love writing. I always seem to find telling people the truth important and an essential skill to me is knowing the correct info. I would love to hear other peoples prospective and what they got on the quiz.

• I got TV news presenter or news podcaster and I was quite surprised because I never thought I would ever get that, but I did agree with the fact that I love sharing my ideas with my friends because I really do, anytime I find out something that they might not have noticed I instantly tell them because I am not afraid to share my thoughts and opinions with them (or anyone for that matter). I love sharing my ideas with people that might not have thought about them before because they all see the idea in different ways! This helps me usually if I am being indecisive about something and hearing different opinions gives me assistance to pick out my favourite opinion/view.

• The quiz told me I would make a great researcher or fact-checker because LISTENING comes most naturally to me. I agree because I love hearing what other people have to say before making up my mind. That is why I agree with the quiz.

• The quiz told me that I might be good at researcher/fact checker. I like this because If someone feels scared of news that relates to something terrible, I can always do some research to check if it's factual and precise.

• The quiz told me that I'm good at fact-checking: I like that because whenever I see something, I always double check if it is reliable; and just in case I look at other reporters to see if it links up and it is reliable. What I also like about being a fact-checker is that I'm always on it, sometimes I even bring a few friends to join me to check if it is true or not.

• In the quiz I got a TV news presenter or news podcaster; I wasn't really surprised because I normally tell all my friends (if we are in group or in a project together) all my ideas and I usually communicate when I have the chance to. I also talk to my family if I have a family meeting and I say all my ideas and liaise. Whenever I am on the hub and doing a competition I always share my work with everyone.

• The quiz told me that I would make an excellent TV news presenter or news podcaster because speaking comes most naturally to me. I do not like the results as I would like to be an editor and I am not precisely good at talking, properly, right into a camera. I find podcasting very stressful and very easy to mess up, but on the other hand editing is easy as to when you make a mistake, you can undo or erase it and fit in something better.

• The Quiz told me,
    𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘧𝘶𝘭. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵-𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳.

𝘓𝘐𝘚𝘛𝘌𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘱.
    Meaning I like t be really observant. I still give my opinion but I let other people speak as well to reply and further explain their view. I have great interest in seeing other people's ideas and evaluating on them further. I am really good at seeing truth from lies and I'd love to "expose" fake news from the real ones.

• The Quiz told me that I would be good at being a journalist for a news show. I believe that this is a great job for me, since it involves a lot of asking questions, and tracking down reliable information sources. I believe that this would be very beneficial to me, and would be a very suitable job, for developing my information retrieval skills.

• The quiz told me that I might be good at researcher or fact-checker. I don't like the idea of this because im shy

• The quiz told me i was a news presenter. I think that this is true because i love sharing news with people after finding it and looking into it more to tell my friends. Then i may try use that information to compare it to world wide problems and the news. After i would try make an article explaining both the complex and then i would simplify it so that they may understand it better. Then i would discuss what we all thought of this article.

I think that a News presenter is defiantly the correct job for me.

• The quiz told me that I would be good at being a journalist or script writer.
    I like this idea because the scripts and the news articles are the things people actually hear or read as soon as they turn on the news, listen to the radio or open a newspaper and the slightest change in wording can lead to a new way that people interpret or learn about current events. I really enjoy sharing my personal ideas but also researching and fact checking to see what the best time would be to involve a certain piece of information or a new perspective on a news story. However, I think I would struggle not to convey a certain opinion or even have the confidence to be able to verify and really believe in every fact that I put in my scripts or news articles.

• The quiz told me that i would be a good fact-checker, I 100% agree with this. I always check if the statement is fact or opinion. I recently found an article were the person was saying how they had found out what something really meant. They twisted the reality and made people believe that this thing was true. In the end i researched what it really meant and it wasn't what they had said.

• The quiz told me that I would make an excellent news presenter or news forecaster. I personally love this idea as then, in the future, I would be able to express my own opinion and news to people watching me. This would be amazing, as I have always wanted to be a news presenter, and this quiz shows me that I have the right skill and characteristics to be one.