Competition #7 Topical Talk in your classrooms

25 May 2023
2024-Year

Winners announced!

Well done for your entries to our competition and congratulations to
motivated_rock from New Khan-Younis Prep. Girls School A, Palestine and excellent_conversation from Alkhansaa Prep Co Ed School B, Palestine who are the winners this week!

These winners will be awarded 3 stars for their entries!

• excellent_conversation | Alkhansaa Prep Co Ed School B | Palestine 23 May 2023

The expert I learned the most from was Mr. Matthew Bell because he gave us some great tutorial tips on the metaverse that I didn't know before. It tells us what the metaverse might be in the future telling us how the development of technologies like our computer and phones has been used over the years and how we have gone from trying sites to blocking bad sites compared to now when we are. We block everything and if something is good we unblock. One thing we can see is that as technology has changed so has our thought process, this is evident when Mr. Matthew Bell said, “People were afraid to even use their credit cards when computers were first used.” Now we see almost every person pay using their phone, it can be from online shopping even using Google Pay or Paytm in stores. I think all of this is going to be very important to us teens because by the time we're in adulthood, the metaverse may be something we use on our daily basis. Mr. Matthew Bell told us how unpredictable the world in the metaverse can be and that even people like him don't know what's going to happen tomorrow in the metaverse, but one thing he discussed that really stood out to me was that we could go to school in the metaverse eventually having another world on my hands Our palm. Mr. Matthew Bell also told us about his journey which was very inspiring as he was a CEO at Prime Video and now, he has his own company, and it really inspires me to take the risk. By discussing these topics, Mr. Matthew Bell really broadened my thinking about what the world might be like in the future.

• excellent_conversation | Alkhansaa Prep Co Ed School B | Palestine 23 May 2023

We discussed in class about strikes and in a question I liked and I wanted to bring it here how strike affects education in schools / strikes by teachers and other staff disrupt normal school operations due to students missing out on valuable educational time which can lead to academic setbacks for students

Manufacturing/Production: Strikes in these sectors can cause production delays, commodity shortages, and customer dissatisfaction, affecting the economy and individuals who depend on the goods produced by manufacturers.

• motivated_rock | New Khan-Younis Prep. Girls School A | Palestine 23 May 2023

I think a good topic for topical talk festival 2024 would be volunteering. Volunteering offers countless opportunities for personal growth, skill development and community involvement. Students in particular can benefit greatly from voluntary work in preparing for their future careers. Volunteering allows students to gain hands-on experience in real-world situations and contexts, which ultimately helps them develop relevant skills such as communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and leadership
    . In addition, volunteering can offer students a variety of perspectives and experiences that expand their understanding of the world around them and help them become more empathetic and compassionate people.Through volunteering, students also make a positive contribution to the communities in which they live and form meaningful connections with others who share similar passions and interests. Overall, volunteering should be a priority for any student who wants to grow while making a positive impact on society.

Welcome to the last competition of Topical Talk Festival 2023. This competition will close on Thursday so that winners can be announced before the end of the Festival.

We hope you have enjoyed the Festival this year – we are already busy planning the next one so that we can bring Topical Talkers from around the world together again. And we have a big question you can help with…

What news stories should we plan to cover in Topical Talk Festival 2024?

Comments (13)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I think a good topic for the Topical Talks Festival 2024 will be. Until now, the US presidential race is still in the “warm-up” stage, despite the fact that the two stars of the 2020 race, current President Joe Biden and his predecessor, former President Donald Trump, announced their official candidacy, in light of the fear that in the end they may also be the stars of 2024. However, the two men and their parties are in a critical situation, in light of the sharp political polarization that the United States is experiencing, due to several factors. And with opinion polls indicating that the majority of Democrats prefer another candidate, many of them feel that the party has put itself in a narrow corner, because many are now afraid to confront Biden (80 years old), or even declare to him unilaterally, that he may not be able to campaign. Re-election is very difficult, physically or mentally. On the other hand, and contrary to established traditions, the US president, who usually loses elections, does not continue to dominate his party and win office again. However, Trump found the solution by persevering in denying his defeat in 2020.

The Americans may find themselves facing a “scenario” of choosing between an elderly president and a competitor leading his campaign from prison.

• I think that a good topic for Topical Talk Festival 2024 would be "The impact of e-commerce" Other students should learn about this issue in the news because it has transformed the way we view commerce today. E-commerce allows businesses to offer their products and services online, resulting in an increase in accessibility, convenience, and affordability to customers. The shift to e-commerce has also encouraged consumers to be more tech-savvy and comfortable with online transactions. Students must understand that this transformation in commerce impacts not only consumer behavior but also business operations such as logistics, supply chain management, and marketing strategies. Moreover, e-commerce has opened up opportunities for entrepreneurs by reducing barriers to entry into the marketplace. Therefore, studying the impact of e-commerce is key for students to have a holistic view of how technology is changing society and its implications on various facets of business and consumer culture in today's digital era.

• I think that a good topic for Topical Talk Festival 2024 would be "The impact of immigration on society " Other students should learn about this issue in the news because it can help students develop a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities that come with cultural diversity. It can also encourage students to think critically about issues related to social justice, equality, and human rights. Additionally, by delving into the impact of immigration on society, students can gain insight into how these diverse communities interact with each other. This knowledge allows them to better understand and respect those who come from different backgrounds than their own. Plus, it never hurts to educate ourselves about the factors that shape our society as a whole.

• Finally, we have reached the end of this competition. Thank you, topical talk. It was really a beautiful competition. A festival that I would like to be in next year. As for competition 7, I want one of the topics of the festival for 2024 to be about the future. Everyone is looking forward to knowing about the future, whether its future or the future of the globe. Also, it is nice for some to know about the universe and space. This will be a motivation for those who want to be astronauts in space or scientists, and we must also talk about motivation and hopes in order to get people out of the state of stress and frustration, and also I would like to talk about my home project, so that we develop people’s skills In innovation it's hard to find work these days so a home project would be a great topic to talk about.

• I think that (the spread of unemployment) is a good topic for the festival of thematic talks for the year 2024. It will be very important and realistic. Students should identify this problem in the news because it is realistic and faces many societies, especially the youth group who suffer from this big problem because it affects the income of individuals and misses the opportunities of many Citizens to obtain permanent job opportunities to allow them to cover their needs and the needs of their families, because (unemployment) is not permanent, it is for a specific period of time through contracts, and most contracts can be extended to a year only, so we must find a solution to this grave problem and try to seek job opportunities For individuals, providing future generations with a decent life, and eliminating the problem of unemployment. There are many people with very high qualifications who deserve to obtain permanent job opportunities by being officially employed and obtaining all their rights, and this is the least that should be available to every individual in society, which is obtaining his right to work.

• I think subject of famine in Africa would be good for topical talk festival. and about Why is it important that other students learn about your chosen story? . In order to make people aware of what people live in Africa and how harsh their lives are, and try to help them in any way. In order to alleviate this crisis. This is a story that everyone should know. While we eat and drink in our homes, there are people in Africa who suffer from famine and climate changes, and their homes are not good. This is a news story worth talking about.

• It is very important for students to get acquainted with the story of climate change through the news and to learn about all the causes of change and its damages, as the knowledge of young people about this issue works to educate them about the seriousness of this problem and its impact on the environment, as a severe rise in temperature will lead to a change in the ecosystem in terms of crops and summering system And other diseases resulting from change.
    Following the news of climate change is necessary to search for solutions to avoid the problem.

• I think it is possible to pay attention to the problem of waste and how waste can be disposed of or to devise ways to reduce the amount of waste from this world. I think that you should introduce some personalities who have accomplished something in this subject. I think that this is a good topic for students as it will enable them to develop their ideas and bring them out to me. furthest plac

• I think that a good topic for the Thematic Talks Festival 2024 should be for other students to recognize racial discrimination because it leads to division and hatred because of their identity, color or religion, as the world witnessed in France the ban on wearing the veil for Muslims in France and also because of the color of the skin that occurred in America almost three years ago And it must be fought because we must build a world free of grudges and far from racism, and it has many dangers such as emotional distress and anxiety, and it may lead to the worst, suicide or killing the person who is subjected to racial discrimination, the people who practice this racial discrimination

• Welcome
    I enjoyed this great competition, and I want to participate in it next year, God willing. I want you to put news stories about outer space, about planets and stars, or about the Palestinian cause, about technological development, about presidential elections, and others.

• We discussed in class about strikes and in a question I liked and I wanted to bring it here how strike affects education in schools / strikes by teachers and other staff disrupt normal school operations due to students missing out on valuable educational time which can lead to academic setbacks for students

Manufacturing/Production: Strikes in these sectors can cause production delays, commodity shortages, and customer dissatisfaction, affecting the economy and individuals who depend on the goods produced by manufacturers.

• I think a good topic for topical talk festival 2024 would be volunteering. Volunteering offers countless opportunities for personal growth, skill development and community involvement. Students in particular can benefit greatly from voluntary work in preparing for their future careers. Volunteering allows students to gain hands-on experience in real-world situations and contexts, which ultimately helps them develop relevant skills such as communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and leadership
    . In addition, volunteering can offer students a variety of perspectives and experiences that expand their understanding of the world around them and help them become more empathetic and compassionate people.Through volunteering, students also make a positive contribution to the communities in which they live and form meaningful connections with others who share similar passions and interests. Overall, volunteering should be a priority for any student who wants to grow while making a positive impact on society.

• I think that the subject of (electronic warfare) is an important and interesting topic... This war operates in an (electromagnetic) field... and its field is the (spider's web...)

This war is deadly and dangerous, and it threatens and defeats many countries...
    Through espionage, penetration and eavesdropping, this war does not depend on who has large numbers of armies and tanks....
    Rather, it depends on those who possess advanced weapons and modern technology ...
    I think this is an important topic for students to know, because war is not a game that involves technology and deception...
    This is my opinion
    Thanks