Numbers in the news can tell us a lot about the world. Look at the following percentages about political attitudes in America:
- 45% of young Americans say that politics has a negative impact on their mental health
- 28% of young Americans believe the current government cares about young people like them
- 36% of young Americans believe that being involved in politics rarely achieves anything. This percentage has increased from previous years
So what do you make of these numbers?
- Which percentage surprises you most? Why?
- How might these percentages be different for different countries? For example, if you don’t live in the USA, how might they be different for your country?
- What might cause one of these percentages to go up or down? Why?
Don’t forget - if you spot that another Topical Talker has shared an idea without explaining it, you can ask them “why?” by replying directly to their comment!