What is the point in having a world when we are just going to destroy it?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

To quote Gretta Thunberg “Once we start to act,Hope is everywhere”.Gretta thunberg is a young teenage girl that has fought hard to save the environment.She has protested outside the white house to draw awareness to climate change issues.She has influenced many people on board with her and she has woken them up to the issues around us.Gretta Thunberg is every inspiring and that's why my standpoint is about climate change.There are many different ways we can solve climate change but we cant do it on our own.We all need to pitch in to make a world out of something we have ruined.So you may be asking us How can I help?Well you can help by carpooling,cycling,walking, and far more.we are releasing too many fumes into the earth's atmosphere.We need to cut down on Transportation that uses bad fumes.We should lower the prices of environmentally safe cars.This way more people would be making a small change in their lives but a big difference to the world.like the famous tesco add states,every little helpsThe world won't get any better if we just sit back and let all these bad things happen.There is so much we can do to help this problem such as saving energy at home,Throw away less food,use public transport,reduce, reuse, repair, recycle, and switch to an electric vehicle.

The effects of climate change are droughts,storms,heat waves,rising sea levels,melting glaciers,and warming oceans.All of these effects affect animals and humans but most importantly the effect on the world and the millions of generations after us. Do you want to live in a world that is burning around you?Do you want to live on a planet where you can not breathe clean air?In Dubai one of the world's richest countries,There is major problems with air pollution and they are at risk of significant challenges due to climate change.What use is all this money and a country that is really wealthy when you don't have a country to live in.Their money is useless when they will not fight the global fight against climate change.

I hope that after reading this you have agreed to help the world and that you have been inspired to do more.It is a problem everywhere we all need to fix.Thank you for your attention.

Comments (11)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Wow, I had no idea that even in one of the richest countries in the world like Dubai, there are still major problems with air pollution and climate change. It's really concerning to think about how the wealth of a country might not be able to protect it from these issues.

I totally agree with you that we all need to do our part in fighting against climate change. Even as individuals, we can make small changes in our daily lives that can have a big impact on the environment. For example, we can reduce our use of single-use plastic, conserve energy by turning off lights when not in use, and opt for public transportation or carpooling instead of driving .we should raise awareness about the urgent need to address climate change, and put pressure on governments and corporations to take action as well. We only have one planet, and we need to work together to ensure that it remains habitable for future generations. Let's all do our part, no matter how small, to make a positive impact on the environment.

• I really liked Greta's personality, as she is a girl who is conscious and aware of what is around her, and what we liked most is that she did not lie on her knowledge, but rather benefited from it and made protests and tried to change the situation, but rather went and protested in front of the White House and was not afraid of anyone in order to deliver her message to people, and for that You find me in most of my comments on this subject focusing on the importance of educating people and youth because one conscious individual can spread awareness and influence those around him like Greta, let alone if there are many, then it will be easier and simpler to deal with him, as we will have closed the polluting gas factory (behaviors Humans) So I repeat and say once again if we are able to spread awareness, we will not be hindered

1. You are right my friend...so spread the culture of goodness and awareness as long as we are able to do that for a really beautiful thing....I will tell you the story of a man who was walking in one of the deserts of the world and found an exhausted man who was about to lose consciousness from thirst...he did this The man gave him some water...and rode him on a horse he was with...and after the tired man regained his strength, he stole the horse and ran away with it...The man called him, saying, "Do not tell anyone that you stole the horse from someone who helped you so that people do not lose confidence in each other... From this we learn to spread goodness and not be afraid of anyone as long as we know that we are right.

1. But I think that your story indicates something else as well, which is that if someone offends you, do not tell others so as not to shake their trust in others and prevent others from doing good because of something that has not happened to them yet, but only out of fear of it. We also learn not to spread rumors, that is, do not spread what happened with you. Because not everyone is like the one you helped

• Earth Day is a day that we celebrate in our beloved land, and we thank it for what it has provided us since childhood, and in order to contribute to this, we must preserve the environment by:
    1- Use of renewable energy
    2- Using electric cars or bicycles
    3- Preventing smoking to prevent air pollution
    4- Cultivation of plants
    5- Preventing throwing trash on the ground
    Wow, we followed these laws in order to preserve the land and at that time from pollution as well, to defend the homeland from enemies, and it is better to adhere to these laws, and this is how we thank our homeland on Earth Day

• No matter what the creature is, destruction is always easier than creation, but humans have perfected both. There's no simple answer to this question - it depends on how you define "better." If you're talking about which trait is more essential to human survival, then destruction is probably the better answer.
    Humans impact the physical environment in many ways: overpopulation, pollution, burning fossil fuels, and deforestation. Changes like these have triggered climate change, soil erosion, poor air quality, and undrinkable water.
    All life forms share at least one essential purpose: survival. This is even more important than another key purpose for life, reproduction. Plenty of organisms, after all, are alive but do not reproduce. To be alive is more than passing genes along to the next generation.
    Without human intervention, the landscape would be more homogeneous, and fewer species would live there. Sadly, humans are also responsible for the replacement of these landscapes by ones with low biological diversity because of more intensive uses. Our species has done nothing for the benefit of life on Earth.
    Indeed, a sense of purpose appears to have evolved in humans so that we can accomplish big things together—which may be why it's associated with better physical and mental health. Purpose is adaptive, in an evolutionary sense. It helps both individuals and the species to survive.

• I agree that Gretta Thunberg's activism and advocacy for the environment have been incredibly inspiring and have influenced many people to take action on climate change. It is important that we recognize the severity of the issue and take meaningful steps towards mitigating its effects. There are certainly many pathways to addressing climate change, and it will require a collective effort from individuals, organizations, and governments around the world.

• Greta Thunberg's words are indeed inspiring and true. When we take action towards a problem, we not only create solutions but also open up avenues for hope and positive change.
    Climate change is one of the most pressing problems of our time, and Greta Thunberg has done an exceptional job in raising awareness about it. By protesting outside the White House and speaking at various international platforms, she has been able to influence people from all walks of life.
    One important aspect of problem-solving skills is identifying the root cause of a problem. In this case, climate change is caused by several factors, including greenhouse gas emissions from industries, deforestation, and the burning of fossil fuels. Therefore, addressing the causes of climate change requires collective action from everyone – individuals, governments, and industries – to reduce carbon footprints and adopt sustainable practices.
    Another crucial aspect of problem-solving skills is finding solutions that are practical, sustainable, and efficient. For example, investing in renewable energy sources like solar and wind power can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Similarly, promoting public transportation and biking can reduce the number of vehicles on the road and decrease air pollution.

• You bring up a valid point about the negative impact of climate change on both human and animal life, as well as the broader implications for future generations. Climate change requires a multifaceted approach to mitigate its effects. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and transitioning to renewable energy sources are pivotal steps that must be taken to address this global crisis.
    your mention of air pollution in Dubai highlights another critical problem facing many cities around the world. Air pollution has been linked to a wide range of health problems, including respiratory illnesses and even premature death. To combat this issue, it's essential to implement policies that prioritize public health and reduce emissions from industries, transportation, and other sources.

It's vital for individuals, governments, and corporations to recognize the gravity of these issues and take meaningful action to address them. Only through collective effort and collaboration can we hope to safeguard our planet and ensure a safe and healthy future for all.

• Let's all join hands to save our planet,
    Our actions now will shape our fate.
    We need to cut down on harmful fumes,
    And reduce our carbon footprint rate.

Carpool, cycle or just walk,
    Embrace the change and let's take stock.
    Let's be mindful of the choices we make,
    For a cleaner, greener Earth is at stake.

Inspiration lies in Greta's voice,
    Her message loud and clear,
    It's time for us to make a choice,
    To protect our planet dear.

• The impacts of climate change are no longer just a distant threat, they are already here and affecting all living beings on this planet. From extreme weather events to rising sea levels, the consequences are dire and far-reaching. We cannot afford to turn a blind eye to these issues any longer.

Imagine a world where we can't even breathe clean air or enjoy the beauty of nature because of pollution and environmental degradation. It's not a future that anyone would choose for themselves or their loved ones. We need to act now to address these challenges before it's too late.

Even in wealthy cities like Dubai, where the skyline is adorned with towering buildings and luxury cars roam the streets, the problem of air pollution cannot be ignored. It's a stark reminder that no matter how much money you have, you cannot buy a healthy planet. It's time to come together as a global community and take meaningful action towards a sustainable future for all.

• Yes, I agree with you, if we remain silent in this situation, we will burn and our planet will burn, and every living thing on this planet will burn, including humans, animals, birds, etc. Therefore, we must cooperate and move a finger. We must gather our strength and the powers of the major countries, and the rich countries must act and find solutions to this problem, but it does not solve it. The problem is unless the state agrees with the people, and I suggest to the state that it give citizens vacant lands to be afforested, as there are many lands that do not reach water, so the state must provide water to citizens in order for these lands to be afforested. Instead of being cut down to preserve forests, I ask governments to increase funding for natural climate solutions in caring for forests, preserving and afforestation.

• Good points quirky_mouse. How do you see those who don't believe in climate change being convinced that every little helps?