First of all..... Welcome 👋
💫This festival asked us to write about our points of view...on matters we learned and discussed in this festival...and it gave us many topics to give our opinion on...
💫The most topic I liked to give My point of view on the topic I liked the most in the discussion 🗣 ... which is the strike..
➡️ As I knew earlier, the strike is: a worker or workers stop working.. for a specific period of time... for a goal or goals
➡️ and among its most important disadvantages: If one of the pillars of society...such as doctors...teachers...engineers...scientists and others, went on strike, and the time of the strike exceeded its limit....then it would cause: wasting students' time with what is not useful...the spread of epidemics and diseases without discovering solutions Medicines... and destroy societies... As the famous saying says, "Time is like a sword, if you do not cut it, it will cut you." Work to approve the demands of the workers..and others
➡️ Among its results: achieving the workers’ wishes sometimes.. and if they are fulfilled, it leads to closer relations between the worker and the employer...
➡️Why do you think we discussed the issue of the strike... because work, as we know, is The effort exerted in human activities... which is one of the most important foundations on which developed, developed societies are built..
🔚 Finally, I have a solution to get away from strikes...which is as follows: Go to the manager and explain the demands that the workers want..and justify the reasons.
End .....This is my opinion no more😁
I would really like to hear your opinions on my topic...
Thank alot . I want also to explain advantages and disadvantages of workers' strikes:
1. Increased bargaining power: Strikes can demonstrate to employers that workers are willing to take significant action to achieve their demands resulting in increased bargaining power.
2. Improved working conditions: Workers may be able to secure better wages, benefits, and working conditions as a result of a successful strike.
3. Solidarity and unity: Strikes can foster a sense of solidarity and unity among workers.
1. Financial hardship: Striking workers do not receive pay during the strike this can create financial hardship for them and their families.
2. Loss of productivity: Strikes can disrupt business operations and cause significant losses in productivity.
3. Legal consequences: In some cases strikes may violate labor laws or employment agreements, leading to legal consequences for workers and organizers.
I have a positive and negative opinion about striking.
The positive about striking is that kids get a free day off of school and adults get a free day off of work and we also get to spend time with our families as well.
The negative thing about striking is that parents with babies and that have 3 kids or more struggle and have to somehow work so they can get paid.
I can understand the points you've made about both the positive and negative aspects of striking.
While it's true that strikers may get a day off from work or school, it's important to remember that strikes are typically organized as a last resort when other attempts at negotiation and compromise have failed. The goal is not simply to have a day off, but to bring attention to important issues such as unfair working conditions or inadequate pay.
On the other hand, you're right that strikes can be challenging for some families, especially those with young children or multiple dependents. It's important to acknowledge their struggles and consider ways to support them during these times. For example, some unions may provide financial assistance or childcare services for members who need it.
Thanks alot for your educating comment. I would also like to explain the effects of workers strikes on the people, workers and the organization.
Effects of strike on the people:
1. It can lead to the delay in academic activities, thereby reducing the academic performance of students.
2. It can lead to the loss of lives of individuals
3. It lead to the increase in the crime rate of a country.
Effects of strike on the workers:
1. It leads to loss of renumeration, there by creating financial hardship.
2. It can lead to the loss of livelihood.
3. It causes enemity among worker and employee
Effects of strike on the organization:
1. It can lead to loss of recognition of the organization
2. Decrease in the productivity of the organization.
3.It can lead to bankrupcy of the organization
4. It can lead to closure or shutdown of the organization
I agree that strikes can have a significant impact on workplaces and can disrupt productivity and cause economic losses.
In terms of your proposed solution to avoid strikes, open communication between workers and management is crucial. By discussing the demands and reasons behind them, both parties can work towards finding a mutually beneficial solution. This approach can help prevent misunderstandings and build trust between workers and management.
There are numerous examples of successful conflict resolution through open communication. For instance, in 2018, West Virginia teachers went on strike demanding better pay and benefits. After weeks of negotiations with state officials, the teachers were able to secure their demands and return to work. Similarly, in 2020, healthcare workers at St. Mary's Hospital in New York City went on strike due to safety concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic. The hospital and workers' union were able to come to an agreement that addressed the workers' concerns and allowed them to return to work
Thank you for sharing your perspective on the topic of strikes grateful_clam. It's interesting to hear your thoughts. I appreciate your understanding of the potential disadvantages and consequences of prolonged strikes, particularly in critical sectors like healthcare and education.
Regarding your solution to avoid strikes, open communication and dialogue between workers and management is indeed crucial. Understanding and addressing the concerns and demands of the workers can help foster a more cooperative and harmonious work environment. It's important for both parties to listen to each other, find common ground, and work towards mutually beneficial solutions.
In general, strikes can be a complex issue, and different situations may require different approaches. It's important to consider the specific circumstances, laws, and regulations in each country or organization. Ultimately, the goal should be to create a balance where the rights and well-being of workers are protected, while also ensuring the smooth functioning of essential services and the overall stability of society.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, and I appreciate your contribution to the discussion.