Will AI replace schools in the future?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Comments (6)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• In my opinion I don‘t think that AI will completely replace schools in the future. I think that socialization, emotional support by teachers and friends are important too for the enviroment at school. AI could be a big support in classes when it comes to giving tasks and offering additional resources but the social aspects can‘t be replaced by a „robot“. I mean we can see it now that schools are becoming more digital everyday, so it is not unlikely to expect a combination of AI technologies and human teachers working together one day.

• I think that AI is such a huge help for students all around the world. We can get assigments done in just a few clicks and learn so much more than it's taught in school. But I still think that AI could never replace real schools because we still need the company of other classmates and the guiadance of the teachers.

• Hello genuine pomegranate! I agree with you, I don't belive AI could ever completely replace schools the main reason for that is because AI lacks emotional Intelligence. When kids go to school they learn more than just what's written inside textbooks. They learn manners, behaviour and ethics too. I don't think AI could teach that, these things can only be taught by human teacher. Because they understand these things better than AI. To shape a child to become a good human, we require a human sculptor. AI cannot teach children to be good humans because it simply isn't human itself.

• I don't have a feeling that AI would replace schools, because education is a very important facet of our lives and so is a school. Basically, school is not just a place to educate ourselves through books, because such education anyone can have from any place. But, school teaches us more practical aspects and complications which we may face in future, along with unity, social behavior and daily life problems with respective solutions.
    If AI is ever able to replace school, I think that would be really inappropriate, in such a way where humans would not learn anything and subsequently engaging themselves in a world where there is no human innovation and no humanity. Lastly, I feel this would be the worst impact of AI on our lives!

1. Interesting ideas. What impact do you think AI teachers would have on students and their personal development?

1. According to me, if I only talk about learning, AI teachers can do it efficiently, with recent information and graphs. They would have a huge amount of data which can give students outstanding knowledge about topics. But, we humans require personal attention, and more importantly, every one is different, their understanding and various qualities can differ, and therefore to understand every child and make every student attain good knowledge, we need human teachers.
        So, AI teacher's impact on student's learning would be beneficial in my perspective, although this impact can change if we consider its impact on student's personal development. As mentioned above, every child is different, so some might not get so much affected if an AI teacher teaches them, but some might not feel comfortable or some might require personal attention and humanly behavior.
        For a student, teacher needs to simplify things and make them learn in such a way that they find it easy and interesting. But, I doubt that AI teachers will be able to explain a student in several ways for better understanding.

2. According to me, if I only talk about learning, AI teachers can do it efficiently, with recent information and graphs. They would have a huge amount of data which can give students outstanding knowledge about topics. But, we humans require personal attention, and more importantly, every one is different, their understanding and various qualities can differ, and therefore to understand every child and make every student attain good knowledge, we need human teachers.
        So, AI teacher's impact on student's learning would be beneficial in my perspective, although this impact can change if we consider its impact on student's personal development. As mentioned above, every child is different, so some might not get so much affected if an AI teacher teaches them, but some might not feel comfortable or some might require personal attention and humanly behavior.
        For a student, teacher needs to simplify things and make them learn in such a way that they find it easy and interesting. But, I doubt that AI teachers will be able to explain a student in several ways for better understanding.

• I do not think AI will completely replace schools in the future, however, AI will continue to evolve and we might start seeing it in a lot more places more often. AI is already starting to replace humans in many different things, and schools might be one of them soon. Teachers might start using AI more often to teach students and manage assignments and documents. I think throughout the years, people will start to use AI much more, and it will be almost everywhere you go in anything you do.

• Teaching is one of AI's benefits and can be helpful in the education era.
    AI can help students understand their lessons easily and improve their skills. Somehow like normal schools.
    AI can also help teachers prepare their lessons.
    On the other hand, schools can be more than just teaching and academic learning, schools can be centers for communication like meeting friends, providing opportunities for creativity, and increasing social skills.
    So, I think that AI is not able to provide these things, and wouldn’t replace schools or even replace humans.