DRUG USE IN SPORT

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

TopicalTalk-Festival-Standpoint-Images3

Today I’m going to be talking about the Enhanced Games. I chose this topic because I feel strongly about not using drugs for unnecessary purposes.

The Enhanced Games is a planned international sports event where the athletes will not be subject to drug testing. It is headed by Aron D'Souza, an Australian businessman, and meant to take place in 2025.

Many people have different opinions on drug use during sports. Contemplative fly stated ‘I don't believe that players should disclose whether or not they are using drugs.` Many people agree because players may get judged. The media has hundreds of different opinions on drugs in general and sometimes they can be very stereotypical.

“We want athletes who have the potential to break world records and we're going to really focus on those best athletes and pay them well," stated the Enhanced Games President. Personally, I don’t think someone who has consumed drugs shows their true capabilities.

When discussing these topics, we really need to think about people who the enhanced games may benefit. The enhanced games gives those who are disabled a chance to perform as well as those fully able.

CNN Sport interviewed a number of experts in the field of doping for this story, who expressed concern that the Enhanced Games was an extremely dangerous proposition. The result of drug use is a higher risk of life-threatening diseases including stroke and heart disease. Personally I think the solution to this is drugs should not be used at all in sport.

Although The Enhanced Games may seem unhealthy, it could also bring athletes some confidence to one day work towards the olympics. In my opinion, I would not recommend this as you may start relying on drugs to bring out the best version of you in sport.

So in conclusion the enhanced games is something that is very debatable in today’s society. What’s your opinion?

Comments (2)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Good Day Everyone,
    In my opinion the use of drugs in games is not meant to be so. I believe that there is no short cut to success so if someone gains their success through unacceptable means it will one day backfire on him/her. Drugs which are taken because of an illness may be allowed but I believe it is unacceptable to take drugs so as to have a higher advantage over other players.

Thank You.

• Hello topical talkers, In my opinion drug use to win sports is outrageous.They bill themselves as athlete-centric and an alternative to the Olympics, but underlying is a troubling reality that is antithesis to the athletic spirit. This spectacle risks exploitation and puts athletes' health at grave danger by allowing and even encouraging the use of performance-enhancing substances.