#21 You choose the news!

17 February 2022

Winners Announced!

Thank you to everyone who became a reporter to enter the competition this week. We were fascinated by the range of ideas and particularly enjoyed how personal they were. Our winners this time are…

serious_information of Jersey College for Girls in the United Kingdom, who wants to report about the environmental impact of the Winter Olympics

and

mindful_raisin of Islamabad Model School for Girls in Pakistan, who would share the news about how girls in Afghanistan are not allowed to go to school.

Well done! You have both won a star!

Competition Rules

Welcome to the competition! There are three important rules:

1. DON'T COPY OTHER STUDENTS
  2. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
  3. ENTRIES MUST BE TWO SENTENCES OR LESS

If you don't follow the rules, you will not be able to win and your account may be deactivated.

This competition will close at 5pm (UK time) on Wednesday 16th February for judging! We will announce two winners on Thursday 17th. Good luck!

The Competition

YOU CHOOSE

This week your challenge is to imagine that YOU are a news reporter. You can report about any news story you like - it could be something local, something important to your country or a global issue.

To enter the competition, you must say WHAT your news report would be about and WHY it interests you.

You don't have to give details about the news story itself because your entry must be TWO SENTENCES OR LESS.

Top Tips
  • Read the other competition entries first so that your idea is original
  • Make your entry personal to YOU
  • You could structure your entry like this: "If I were a news reporter, I would report about... . This news story interests me because..."

Comments (85)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about internet safety. This news story interests me because many people have been robbed or blackmailed. Also parents must be aware of this matter in order to guide their children, every day there are exciting and dangerous stories due to ignorance the important of internet safety.

• “If I were a news reporter, I would report on COVID-19. This news story is important to me because COVID-19 is spreading all over the world very quickly and this is something that matters to everyone and will cause controversy on social media.

• “If I were a news reporter, I would have reported on climate change. It is one of the most pervasive and threatening issues of our time, with far-reaching implications in the twenty-first century, and we will publish it to make the whole world witness what will happen if the recklessness and indifference continues due to human activities that will lead the world to danger.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about Drought in southern africa
    This news story interests me because it has put more than 11 million people around the world crisis levels of food insecurity at risk also the agricultural crisis that fails every year is exacerbated by it.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the big companies that are threatening. Small Business This news story interests me because I want to know more about large and small businesses and their problems and their solutions

• If I were a news reporter, I would have presented a report on distance education and its title would be (Hard Education). This news story interests me because education is the basis of everything, and we students suffer in learning due to the Corona pandemic and our staying at home there are many obstacles that prevent us, such as electricity cuts and damage Internet networks constantly did this to impede the educational stage

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the reluctance to take the Corona vaccines, this story interests me because the vaccine is the best way to eliminate and prevent the epidemic, and with the frequency it will delay the end of the Corona crisis, and it is certain that any vaccine is better than without it, and that the countries in which the vaccine was taken The number of its deaths will decrease, and the reluctance to take the vaccine will lead to the emergence of new strains and the emergence of a health nightmare that threatens us all.

• If you were a news reporter, you presented a report on international and trending news in this period that makes people attracted to it. (A strange creature appears in the Amazon) And the reason I'm going to present the trending news is because that's what people like to watch, so many people will read my report and it will make me more famous in this field.

• If I were a reporter, I would have talked about the problem of unemployment and lack of jobs because it means everyone in his life and because this problem leads to poverty, famine and the spread of epidemics

• If I were a news reporter, I would have reported the danger and impact of air pollution. This news story interests me because it is the most important around the world right now. It affects many global issues such as the coronavirus and climate. Change.Yes, it affects climate change severely, so it must be reduced from the things that pollute the climate, such as factory and car smoke, and a solution to these problems must be found, such as the use of buses as a means of public transportation, which reduces climate change.

• If I were a news reporter, I would do a report on melting ice, and the title of the story is the Earth is sinking. This news story interests me because we are watching in the world the sinking of some islands in the oceans, such as Greenland. It has sunk because of melting ice and melting is caused by high temperature and warming is caused by climate change and this The problem greatly affected the people who live in coastal areas and caused the death of many people

• If I were a reporter, I would report about refugees and the poor,
    and this news interests me because this phenomenon is very prevalent in most countries of the world, especially in Syria. They live in the freezing cold and rain that penetrates their tents, and they are very hungry, but we are safe, we feel warm inside our homes and suffer at the same time

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about how the Earth's climate is getting hotter and it makes me interested because I have seen how there was a meeting with world leaders to make emissions but I think that the citizens should also try to help so, if it were on the news, people would be able to see all of the horrible things happening and then they can be motivated to help our Earth.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the “bullying phenomenon” because this phenomenon is increasing around the world and when a person bullies, he brags about this thing as if it is a beautiful thing, but in fact it is one of the ugliest things on the universe.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about deforestation. This news story interests me since it impacts the entire world and kills living organisms.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about climate change ,This news story interests me because, the world is really in danger and this may lead to the destruction of our planet.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on bullying in society (the annoying partner), and this issue interests me because it is a negative social phenomenon that all societies suffer from. It is a form of abuse and violation of the rights of others that disturb their physical, mental and psychological well-being. Therefore, it is necessary for societies to confront this phenomenon, understand its causes, and spread awareness about its confront this phenomenon, understand its causes and spread awareness about its dangers.

• If I were a news reporter, I would do a report “about a young man from Gaza who succeeds in reaching Greece after 22 attempts.” The news story interests me because it calls for hope and not despair and to convey a message to people who fail that you have a great opportunity and that we do not get the goal easily, but by making all our efforts to We achieve our goal.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on animals that might become extinct. This news story interests me because there are animals that work to maintain ecological balance, and a lot of medicines come from nature, and when these animals become extinct there is no possibility of finding medicines.”

• If I were to be a news reporter, I would make an article on internet safety. I would do this because I would like to know how others feel about the internet.

• I would really like to ask Malala:
    How did you have the confidence to stand up and speak up for the rights of girls' education?

• I am very inspired by Malala's actions she has inspired me to keep believing in my own perspectives i hope my (2) questions will be chosen so here they are:

What inspired or told you that you could have the power of supporting young children (girls) to get the education they need?

If you had to choose one person who encouraged or helped you the most to become who you are , who would you say it was?

• If I were a news reporter, I would have prepared a report on books and their importance in the rise and progress of peoples. Upbringing alone is not enough, as you have to give the individual a chance to imagine the world with this upbringing,He must know the dark hidden side of the world so that he can beautify the world by applying this social upbringing

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about the invasion of Afghanistan. This news story interests me because the Taliban are taking control over the people of Afghanistan even though they are equal to us and should be able to be free.

• If I were a news reporter, I would be talking about "natural and human disasters". This thing inspires me because it is in fact a destruction and destruction of the environment and natural life such as trees and water and it destroys infrastructure, animals and human life, as it destroys buildings and large facilities and causes great human losses in people's lives.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about the issue of the Syrian refugees who lives in tents in north Syria . This news story interests me because it is a crucial issue that needs an urgent act from the whole world as living in tents under wild winter is something unacceptable at all.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about " Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds" This news story interests me because I have always wondered why we still practice habits that may destroy our planet, for example that we still use plastic bags when we know what emissions do to the ozone layer, global warming, fires and melting ice .... and this applies not only with nature, but to our decisions on relationships and most aspects of life.

• If I were a news reporter, I would be talking about the global economy of 2022, and this news story interests me because it is the basis for investment and helps the social efficiency of the country, and the global economy has a role in overcoming famines...

• If I were a news reporter I would report about what is happening in Sudan (the coup), because it has been going on since 2019 and it is not enough for it to be on the news for just a little bit of time and on the headlines on the hub, we need to raise awareness and make a change before it happens in another country.

This story interests me\ is important to me because I am from Sudan and what happens there really matters to me because all my family live there.

• If I were a news reporter, I would do a report on the importance of preserving forests.
    This news story interests me because forests are our biggest natural ally in the fight against climate change, and we must declare a global emergency in order to sustain life.

• If I were a reporter, I would have prepared a report on “reading” and its importance to society, because reading is an entertainment and cultural means, and it is a better method than a mobile phone.

• I was a news reporter and I reported on the issue of climate change because it concerns me or the world in general because it threatens human life and causes great harm to animals, forests and other ways to reduce climate change.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about Senegal wins the African Nations Cup for the first time in its history after failing in two previous finals.
    This news interests me because one should not be disappointment from the first time in his life.
    Success always comes from a lot of attempts.

• If I were a news reporter, I would talk about the Moroccan child Rayan .
    Taking care of children
    Rayan story sheds the light on the children's rights in the world .All the children have the right to live a decent life ; life in peace and safety

• If I were a news reporter, I would talk about a tiny dangerous virus invades the whole world, impedes air crafts and causes huge financial loses to the global economy.
    This always puts me in wonder if their will be an end for it and how is the coming future will be

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on An April 2013 claimed that state security services were planning to implement electronic monitoring that could track email and other digital communications. this news story interests me because that's so important for protect the country

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the lives of successful people in their lives. This news story interests me because the experiences of these people will give us experience and we can build our successes on the success they have achieved.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about :A paralyzed patient was able to return to his normal life after a new scientific achievement. This news story interests me because it is a new hope and new born for the paralysed persons.

• If I am a reporter I will share only truth about everything. Icant send a lie massage to the people . I will manage my country by truth

• If I were a news reporter, I would talk about the messenger robot. First, it will save time and effort in our lives, secondly, it will remove risky actions on humans, and thirdly, it will remove routine work from humans, and thus human life will become better..

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on covid_19 and this is a dangerous virus that has killed a lot of people. This news story interests me because: No country can let its guard down...

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the pollution in groundwater. This news story interests me because the water pollution harms many things, such as the fish that live inside, the death of animals for drinking polluted water, and the death of plants for irrigating them with polluted water, and it also harms humans.

• If I were a news reporter, I would talk about the robot Sophia, because people always listen to the same news so there must be a change, also Sophia will make a big change in the level of development of the earth, and it will open up more space, and make people's interests outweigh their livelihood.
    Especially when its inventor talked about the fact that they are working on producing thousands of robots like her.

• If I was a news reporter, I would report about the urgency of climate change to make the world a better place for us, our children and grandchildren and more to live in.

• If I were a news reporter, I would have prepared a report on the myth of human use of only ten percent of the brain since Charlie Chaplin started talking about the robot in his movie and then manufactured it with the first real robot in the name of Shaki. To ingenious solutions to equations and finally the creation of the virtual world of metavere, all these transitions that we see are man-made, this legend says that if a person uses 90% of the rest of his mental abilities, he is able to move things from a distance and possess intelligence above the normal rate that could be the reason for the construction or destruction of the world.

• : “If I were a news reporter, I would report on internet problems. This news story interests me because the internet is sometimes used to defraud and steal information and accounts of your parents and others, so be careful..!

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on (Discovering New World Regions!!)
    This news story interests me because, in my opinion, this topic can be a reason for the success of big things that we need to do, and it could be (a life-station for some people!!)

• If I were a news reporter , I would write about fighting violence against woman . Because most societies practice violence against woman physically , verbally , sexually or psychologically , this is completly unfair because both men and woman should have peace of mind in their lives .

• If I were a news reporter, I would educate people about the dangers of the Internet. This news story is important to society because there have been many dangers, including creating fake accounts and claiming to be people and asking people for money. 💗💗

• Well, I am dream of being a journalist, and if my dream becomes a reality, I would like to talk about modern nanotechnology, a technology that has helped make a difference, and it is a source of inspiration for every inventor who wants to be a cause of change for the better.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on “The Art World.” This news story interests me because it contains a lot of events and stories, it includes failure, trial, success, and people will not get bored; Because every day there is a new story or event, and they will also learn from them!

• If I were a news reporter, I would do my best to spread awareness about the omicron mutant virus. I will encourage people on how to deal with this virus and what are the ways that you can avoid diseases first, follow all prevention instructions.

• If I was a news reporter,I would report on the current Winter Olympics. This topic is important to me as I love sports like snowboarding and ice skating and also because the TV presenting team is made entirely of people with disabilities for the first time - another step to everyone being treated equally.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the siege on the Gaza Strip. This news story interests me because my people suffer from this siege.

• If I was a news reporter, I would talk about the recent developments in cell cloning to cure illnesses like cancer. This news story interests me because is a major breakthrough in the scientific community and could be the difference for hundreds of thousands all over the world who are suffering from serious illnesses and need this new technology to create cells they need in order to preserve a good standard of living.

• If I were a news reporter, I would be reporting on Plant Life ، This news story interests me; Because it helps in the flourishing of life on the planet because plants are of great importance in the world.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report “on Biden who transferred 7 billion of frozen funds to humanitarian aid in Afghanistan.” The news story interests me because it shows that the American people are a great people who help people in need and also shows that the American president “Biden” is wise in his decisions and does not spend money on Himself but for humanitarian aid.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the school. This news story is important to me because I am a student and I need to know the news about the school if there are exams or public holidays or something like that and of course many students also need to know this news, I want to help them and help myself also by knowing the school news ♡☆

• If I wear a news reporter .I would report about violence again't woman. This phenomenon is everywhere .It really interesting me because many woman are exposed to physical and psychological violence and this has to be stopped..... it's very important to me because it's infair ...😌💗

• If I were a news reporter, I would do a report for the world about Women.
    For the world to see how important it is in society and politics, and to save the world!
    And that the world is half of it women and the other half is what women have made!

• If I were a news reporter, I would have mentioned human stories. This news story interests me because it seeks by focusing on the human component - as the most prominent element in it - by conveying the experience and feelings of the character with an event or issue. For example, when reporting the closure of a factory after its bankruptcy, the normal coverage will go to the topic from The angle of the causes of bankruptcy, where the human story goes to the affected by presenting the story of one of the workers as a model and highlighting how she was affected psychologically and financially, which would attract attention as this approach remains more “consumer” and has a great ability to formulate the event, and draw attention to it.

• If i were a news reporter , I would try to convince everyone who made the demonstrations against black people to stop following the way of the racism. It is like refusing each other for no proper reason, we are all different by our opinions so the colour of the skin doesn't matter, even though white people and black people are humans, always share two things ; they got created by god also they are going to die one day.

• I would repot about climate change.This news story interest me because it’s interesting

• If I were a news reporter, I would be report about UNRWA's online safety campaign in our schools in Palestine . This news interests me because (it protects children from the dangers of the Internet and various websites that may cause danger to children such as cyberbullying, and makes parents more vigilant and take care of their children).

• If I were a news reporter, I would be reporting on birds and insects dying at alarming rates threatening ecosystems everywhere. Since insects and birds play such an important role in the world's ecosystems, their degradation is a serious warning sign.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the problems of poor people and their needs and how we can help them. This thing sparked my interest because I sympathize with them a lot and their lives are hard, and this is very unfortunate that we earn reward and solve their problems

• “If I were a news reporter, I would report on the World Cup. This news story interests me because it will be held this year and in an Arab country for the first time and also the situation is not stable because of the Corona virus, this story will attract people.

• If I were a news reporter, I would talk about the Afghanistan crisis and how families are struggling to survive and terrorist groups Taliban and al-Qaeda must be brought to justice. Another big thing will be Afghanistan a peaceful place for everyone.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about Economic situation.This news story interests me because the world economy began to decline due to the Corona virus..."

• If I were a new reporter ,I would
    report about climate change. This news story interest me because it's interesting , of the Corona Virus, this story will attract people.
    🎀🎀

• If I was a news reporter, I would report about artificial intelligence because society is getting more developed and along with that comes developments from programming tasks. This really interests me because robots could really influence our world in different ways and it is a great topic, which shares different opinions and good debates.

• If I were a news reporter , I would report about the refugees in Syria , this news interests me because they live an impossible life , they were rich with their jobs , but when the occupation came , they destroyed all their dreams and intentions , really we must stand together to restore their dignity.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about racism, this news topic interests me because racism is simply if “confusing” there is no point in shaming people for their natural skin colour. Everybody is different and not the same ,all that racism is doing is hurting people mentally and physically leaving people with no hope for their achievements, you should be respecting people’s differences and treating people the same way as others.

• If I were anews reporter I would report about the role of social media in schools our schools nowadays depend on the social media especially facebook and whatsapp to teach for two reasons, First covid 19 and secondly because it save time and inrich our school learning, so I think the smart teaching process. I hope we can provide a mobile for every student in schools.

• if I were a news reporter, i would report about the current situation of Muslim women over their reglious dress code in India by some right wing senseless people trying to control an individual's fundamental right to live that gives us opportunities to wear the dress we like. This is important to me because every human being has the right by birth to dress what they like regardless of their religion.

• If I were a news reporter ,I would report about the news of Rayan ,the Morrocan boy who fell in a deep well and struggled to survive for 5 days but couldn't bear any more .This news intresets me because such issues needs to take more attention from governments to avoid accidents like that and find solutions for deserted and disused wells .

• If I were a news reporter ,I would report about the news of Okrainian and Russian conflict and the uprising world war .This news intrests me because not all people in my country knows much about the ancient conflict between those countries and the intrests of other countries from such wars .

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about the environmental impact of the Winter Olympics games. This news story interests me because here in Jersey the National Trust have just finished 3-year project to plant 4,300 trees but it is reported that up to 20,000 trees were removed to make space for some of the venues(the Bejing Olympic Committee have pledged to transplant the trees to another location).

• If I were a news reporter, I would have reported on circulating viruses and their derivatives. This story interests me because the events that revolved around the world two years ago are still going on today, and people are still suffering from them in all walks of life.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on Afghan girls' education because girls are currently barred from studying in Afghanistan and this is not appropriate at all. Women's right to education is being taken away from them.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on safety around the internet. This news story interests me because it affects society in general and I want to say that just as the internet has its pros and cons, and one of its cons is that most people has become addicted to social media and befriend each other on social media which may be hacked or suspicious

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on the regulation of the age structure of the entire world.This news story interests me because we must take care of childish societies because they have a long life even they can develop the economy of countries and any aspects other than the economy , however, aging societies are destined to die and cannot develop the state’s economy while Young societies will become aging societies one day and so they are destined to die as well .

• If i was a news reporter i would focus on the political climate of the country and concentrating on politics and recent news around the united kingdom.

• If I were a news reporter, I would report about " The Origin causes of the continuous conflict between East and west"
    This news story interests me Because it is constantly renewed, and it could lead to a third world war..

• If I were a news reporter, I would report on early marriage in societies. This news story interests me because of the harm it causes to the girl and to raise awareness among parents and children because the topic has become too severe.