...Dr Kenneth Harris, our STEM expert from NASA!

Dr. Kenneth Harris

Dr Kenneth Harris is a Senior Project Engineer for NASA.

Acknowledged by Forbes Magazine as one of the world’s youngest and most impactful individuals in the field of science, Kenny leads projects of critical national and international importance. For example, he is responsible for protecting satellites from physical and cyber threats.

Kenny has worked with NASA since he was 16 years old and now champions the importance of getting young people involved with science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) as early as possible.

Kenny is ready to answer your questions about space and science, technology, engineering and maths in the news.

Comments (40)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I am going to ask you a question, Dr. Kenneth Harris, which is how you will influence young people and convince them to think about space, science and mathematics? Do you think you can influence them? But I don't think you can influence them because their minds are clouded by phones

• The role you perform is very crucial for the security and economic development of the international knowledge because statelites do help people cruise the internet

• My question is :
    Is teleportation possible? in order to teleport we need exact information like spin, position and momentum of its particles but its not possible due to uncertainity principle but can we use entaglement for the solution if yes how ? if not why?

• my keen question is that are space elevators possible if yes how if no why not
    my idea about an economical space travel is that if we make a long tube out of graphene and put it into the ocean bed ( it must be deep like mariana trench )and it should extend to about 2-3 km in the atmosphere where the pressure is very low the water would be sucked up the tube with a great force we can use this propulsion to take an elevator up and in this way we can defy gravity in an easy way .
    is that really possible according to laws of physics ?/

• If I allowed to read one book about space in my life..What would you recommened ?

• It can be hard to stay on track when you go on a long, hard journey. There can be distractions, and hardships. My first question is: What problems did you face on your career path, and how did you maintain focussed when these times came? Secondly: How has technology changed overtime in your current job?

• How can we raise youth awareness of the importance of mathematics in our daily lives?

• How does investing in space inventions constitute a high income?

• How did interest in space begin to increase and become the focus of competition for major countries?

1. Thank you for your comment، I believe that the interest in space has increased when we see that some agencies such as NASA are progressing and innovating in their vision, so we are amazed at the beauty of space, and this is a very beautiful field that can affect the youth group in terms of that most young people are unemployed and this is a catastrophic reason, so the young man looks at the progress that It happens, and he admires it and will work with it, whether it is difficult work for them or not. I do not know, but each of us takes responsibility for himself.

• My question is do you think that the billions being used up on space exploration are well-spent, rather than it being spent on economic problems here on Earth?

• If we save all our money for the success of space innovations, can we rely on them in the world economy in the future?!

• I just want to ask about how to let the earth’s ozone layer get smaller in the fastest way possible, ofcource everyone knows the solutions like decreasing the pollution, increasing the amount of trees and ofcource using natural energies….and many more ways
    But I’m asking if there is a scientific solution please??
    Thank you.

• Indeed , you are a wonderful person . My question is , what are the dangers that may threaten satellites , and is this work hard or not ? Do you enjoy what you do ?

• Hello Dr.Kenneth Harris ,how many year of study did you do for have a job at NASA and are you passionate about it?

• Hello Dr. Kenneth Harris, was a member of your family part of NASA or was it your dream since you were young?

• Which nasa mision brought the first man or woman to the moon ?

• Hello Dr Kenneth Harris!

You think it's important to involve young people in science, technology, engineering and math as early as possible. It's admirable that you started working at NASA at such a young age, but do you think 16 is the right age to take on such big responsibilities?

Because I think it must be difficult to work at such an early age. Working for a big company like NASA must be stressful and exciting.

If you had the chance to go back in time, would you make the same decision again? Would you choose to work again at 16?

I hope you answer my questions.

• Hello Dr Kenneth Harris. I have au question for you. How advanced are the researches on the reusable launchers and what materiels are you going to use for this ?

• Mr. Kenneth Harris,
    you are a wonderful and successful person who achieved what no one else could do at the age of 16. You are an example for every ambitious person to achieve goals at this young age. I admire you and what you have achieved.
    Mr. Kenneth Harris, I have a question that I hope you will answer. Can you tell me how you reached this amazing achievement?
    What do you advise each person to reach his goal ؟

• What motivitaed you to work with NASA at early age and how did find  your experience?

• Hi Kenneth Harris I'd like to
    I tell you well done because you were able to achieve this remarkable success at a young age and I would like to ask you how were you able to achieve this success at such a young age? Also, how did you join NASA in space at such a young age?
    I also want to know how to protect satellites from physical and electronic threats, and what methods are used in that?
    Do you think that engaging young people in STEM would be better for them than immersing them in education and other jobs?

• I will ask you the question of Dr. Kenneth Harris, which is can the local and global community change the youth's view of space and its importance to the world in addition to engineering and mathematics, since you started at NASA at a relatively young age? And how can he?

• My question to Kenneth Harris: How can you install the satellite in its orbit without it escaping, and has a satellite ever escaped from its orbit, and what resulted from its escaping??

• My question to Kenneth Harris is what are the biggest obstacles you faced to reach your goal, and how did you avoid them?

• My question to Kenneth Harris is, was it easy to get into and work at NASA and how did you manage to adapt to the situation and take control of it? What was it like working for a big agency like NASA?

• How can you get young people to be more attracted to space.

• Hi,If you reading this I have a question for you if you dont mind.
    My question is that what encouraged you to be in NASA and how did you start working in NASA at just the age of 16 i mean is working in NASA hard or something?

• How can you create more opportunities for people to go to space without paying for anything.

• Hi Kenneth Harris, first of all I would like to tell you that you are a great example for the world and society and we should learn a lot from you

My questions are

First, what is in the interstellar space, and is it a vacuum as we can see from the surface of the earth?

Secondly, how long does the star live and does it die or not

• How was your personal experience in advocating the importance of involving young people in technology, mathematics and science?

• My question is do you think that the billions being used up on space exploration are well-spent, rather than it being spent on economic problems here on Earth?

• Hello, Dr. Kenneth Harris, my question is: "What are your tips that you will direct to us in order to become like you and excel in life according to what you have learned in your previous experiences, so I would be pleased to listen to your advice?"

• I would like to ask many questions to me, Kenneth Harris
    First, what is the scientific explanation for the Bermuda Triangle?
    Second, what happens when black holes collide with each other?
    I hope to get an answer

• I have a question that raises my curiosity: 1- Did I have the scientific experience while performing the task, and what difficulties did you face and how did you face them? 2- Do you think that their blindness is good for them and will affect them?

• I have a question that raises my curiosity: 1- Did you have the scientific experience while performing the task, and what difficulties did you face and how did you face them? 2- Do you think that this work of young people is good for them and will affect them

• I want to ask a question
    What makes lightning with a scientific and chemical explanation
    Because this question triggers deep thought in my imagination

• Hi Kenneth Harris

My question is, do you think that the exorbitant money spent on space exploration and travel to it is spent well instead of spending it on economic problems in the world, for example poverty and food crises, etc.?

• Aoait's great pleasure to ve u among us .sir what do u think the education system based on cramming can enhance students knowledge abt space? Which strategy for studying will enhance students exposure for space ?? Should they do researches by their own?? How did u study ?? How did u manage to study abt Space ?? From which age u started taking interest in space ?? Which were ur motives ??

• I'd like to ask a question, Kenneth Harris.
    How long do stars live and how do they die?!

• Hi Kenneth Harris, first of all I would like to tell you that you are a great example for the world and society and we should learn a lot from you

My questions are

How can you create more opportunities for people to go to space without paying for anything.

How can you get young people to be more attracted to space.