Corruption is a tool that destroys society.

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Reform is the opposite of corruption, which means illegal exploitation of administrative and functional power, which leads to harm to the nation and society.
We also know that nepotism is a form of corruption that leads to injustice and inequality among the members of society. Corruption has a variety of reasons, including doing things that harm society, blind traditions from old bad habits, in addition to poor application of regulations and laws, and we add lack of transparency and misleading the rights and duties of individuals.
These are all causes of corruption and nepotism.
As for the manifestations of corruption, they include bribery, nepotism, and the exclusion of competencies, that is, the expulsion of those with good grades and experience.
Hiring unsuitable people in unsuitable workplaces. Therefore, each of us must be vigilant and shrewd, and preserve the capabilities of the state and its public facilities, realizing that the concerted efforts of individuals, their national and moral commitment, and their enthusiasm for the public interest are the first steps in combating corruption and corruptors and its forms. Imposing the maximum deterrent penalties on violators makes individuals and groups vigilant and warn of this dangerous phenomenon and its negative effects that spread in society like wildfire.
Well, there are many in the community who fight, resist and report corruption.
This thing creates belongingness and creativity among people.
The holding of seminars and raising awareness in institutions and the exploitation of the media had a great impact on the decline of this phenomenon and the development of a culture of preference for public interest over self-interest.
Corruption is a malignant tumor that destroys the existence of the individual and society, and perhaps its forms such as nepotism, bribery, and others are the reason for the decline in the capabilities of the state and individuals, and the emergence of very rich classes, who play with money, and practice the most seve corrupting, in exchange for other classes that are unable to secure the minimum requirements of life. Therefore, we must defend our country and our society with all our might, and we must not be complacent in fighting corruption and the corrupt.

Comments (16)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I agree because... Corruption is like a bad tool that can hurt society. When people are corrupt, they don't do the right thing and instead make choices that help only themselves. This can cause problems for everyone else and make it hard for people to trust each other. It's important to be honest and fair so we can build a better world together!

1. I agree because... Yes i agree curruption is a bad charscter trait held by some leaders, presently in my country corruption is the new trend for leaders anew way to rule it has affected us badly, Corruption is when one does not do the right thing and seeks out for only his or herself or interests . He or she loots, deceives , embezzles property that does not belong to him or her. Presently the cause of poverty lack of infrastructures and a lot more necessity in my country is due to the corruption of bad leaders only few good leaders are still what holds our country together corruption in my own words "sums up everything detestable and misuse of conduct/ power" corruption is really bad and should not be a common thing for people in a society on order for there to be peace and productivity there shouldn't be any trace of corruption amongst the leaders of a country.

• I agree Corruption has destroyed a lot of people especially the youths. corruption is a tool of destruction and nepotism is one of the tools that destroys the world today. it is very hard to resist the temptation of nepotism giving a job to someone that you love so much and giving the job to a random person that is not related to you but is more qualified for the job. But fairness matters most we need to think about the possible outcomes of what would happen if we give someone the job that he is not qualified for the job the job and what would happen if we give a person that is qualified.

• I agree because... As chatty technology commented," Corruption is like a bad tool that can hurt society." Corruption is like a disease that brings destruction and harm wherever it may be. I believe that it should be stopped as it can lead to serious problems. I suggest it could be stopped by;
    1. By working with motivated leaders in our country.
    2. By addressing key areas like health and education service delivery, or the development of natural resources.
    3. By establishing accountability through oversight systems and transparent decision-making.

• I totally agree with you and the point you are emphasizing on the thing is that corruption is one major factor that can drastically change or affect society negatively we see people who are meant to love each other and treat one another fairly betraying them and normal moral code or conduct just for their selfish interests and that is bad because it makes others feel inferior to others and that will make lose his or her self esteem just because of the corrupt mind of certain individuals and as for nepotism I really wish that those who do could actually see first hand on the impact on what their stupid and unreasonable actions has caused to people not only does it create inequality in the workplace or any other establishment it also promotes injustice to those who are the victims we are supposed to help those who need aid no matter their race, gender, family background or status or whatever the thing is that many people have potential and talents that just need to supported by the better privileged and that will now promote change in the world and these innovative and creative minds are now rejected by those who can help because they do not seem to meet their own stupid standard I am seriously pained and hurt when I see that people who have the ability to help the less privileged withhold it because they do not meet their own nonsense standard as a person. I cannot overemphasize on the need to be honest people and people of integrity because when we are truthful and honest with one another we can create equal and sufficient opportunities worldwide for people to utilize and build a better a world for the future generation to live and be united as one despite of any one's social status in the society.

• In my country
    Corruption is a cause of low development and exacerbates poverty where poverty prevails; corruption, therefore, needs to be included amongst causes of the consequences of poverty, such as debt, incapacity, mental despair and despondency.
    More generally, corruption erodes the institutional capacity of government if procedures are disregarded, resources are siphoned off, and public offices are bought and sold. Corruption undermines the legitimacy of government and such democratic values as trust and tolerance.
    Furthermore, even episodic corruption cases can eventually lead to an unethical organizational culture, which can escalate to systemic corruption. Systemic corruption in the public sector erodes public trust in government institutions, damages policy integrity, and distorts public sector outcomes.
    Efforts have been made by the government to minimize corruption through the enactment of laws and the enforcement of integrity systems but with little success. Greed, ostentatious lifestyle, customs, and people's attitudes are believed to have led to corruption. Another root cause is tribalism.
    Undetected and unchecked corruption in the public sector can cause serious damage including: undermining public trust in government. wasting public resources and money.

• I agree because my country Nigeria's most troublesome problems are due to corruption and alot of our leaders present and past are corrupt ,thousands have died due to this and millions are still suffering, most of the crimes committed are committed by our LEADERS themselves even the honest leaders who intend to make the country a better place are threatened and then corrupted by other corrupted leaders (this is to show that corruption is contagious)and it destroys societies faster than you think to stop corruption we need positive change and CHANGE STARTS FROM YOU IT STARTS FROM ME IT STARTS FROM ALL OF US and to make the world a better place we need to come together and solve the worlds biggest problems

• Corruption is a form of dishonesty or a criminal offense which is undertaken by a person or an organization which is entrusted in a position of authority, in order to acquire illicit benefits or abuse power for one's personal gain. Corruption erodes trust, weakens democracy, hampers economic development and further exacerbates inequality, poverty, social division and the environmental crisis. I come from Nigeria where corruption is prominent and it has diverse effects on we the innocent citizens. Corruption runs through every level of Nigerian government. From considerable contract fraud at the top, through petty bribery, money laundering schemes, embezzlement and seizing salaries from fake workers, it is estimated that corruption within the state apparatus costs the country billions of dollars every year.

• To combat corruption, it's important to promote transparency, accountability, and citizen participation. By encouraging an open dialogue and fostering a culture of honesty and integrity, we can work towards building a more just and equitable society . as citizens, we have the power to make a difference. Let's work together to fight corruption and create a better future for ourselves and our communities.

• Eliminating corruption is a complex issue that requires the cooperation of many people and organizations. However, some ways to start fighting corruption include promoting transparency, holding those in power accountable, and encouraging ethical behavior.

• I agree because corruption is the archnemesis of all modern governments. The very literal definition of corruption is "decay, decomposition" meaning that corruption with a society causes the literal decomposition of a civilization, causing mayhem and chaos. If there is anyway this malevolent force can be combated, then all steps must be taken so that it can be. This is why nepotism is not an acceptable thing, as it feeds into corruption, and rots our society from the core.

• I agree because... corruption is on the rise and we can see how it is affecting us today, negatively. I mean I can use my country as an example I mean in general my country's political state is so bad. I mean I hear elders talk and they seem like there was once a time when my country's state was never like this before I mean because of a few corrupt minds we suffer for generations and it is all because of the selected few I mean it is so horrible and sad. I mean it is a cankerworm it starts slowly then before we know it eats away the vitals of our country.

• Corruption is a despicable thing that if left alone long enough can "corrupt" our world. When people are corrupt, they tend to leak this nepotism and corruption to others, and this can create a broken world.

• I agree with you. Corruption is bad and harmful, and there will be nothing for the benefit of the people. It will not benefit the corrupt and will harm the targeted. I do not support corruption that people make at all, and I do not agree with it or I do not like it.

• Corruption erodes trust, weakens democracy, hampers economic development and further exacerbates inequality, poverty, social division and the environmental crisis. Corruption happens in the shadows, often with the help of professional enablers such as bankers, lawyers, accountants and real estate agents, opaque financial systems and anonymous shell companies that allow corruption schemes to flourish and the corrupt to launder and hide their illicit wealth. But, there is a saying that states, "whatever has a disadvantage has an advantage" today, it might shock you to know that corruption no matter how bad it is, has advantage. Most of us fail to imagine that corruption can also grease the wheels of prosperity. Yet in places where bureaucracies and organizations are inefficient (meaning entrepreneurs and big firms struggle to transport or export or comply with regulation), corruption could improve efficiency and growth. Corruption may be ethically unsavory, but, according to some economists, it may also be economically beneficial. In a country where elaborate bureaucracies make it hard to start companies, import or export goods, or simply get a passport, bribes can cut through red tape, serving as what’s called “speed money.”

• Great topic.
    However can you tell us how can limit this problem?
    What can we do as kids to save our country?

• I think that we should be more careful in dealing with corruption and avoiding it, because we can do actions that are considered one of the biggest causes of corruption and we do not know that, so I believe that corruption is not just a tool, but also an obsession that controls us. We must eliminate it with our sound thinking and not Hasten to make a decision, and let us give our conscience an opportunity to speak, because it is conscience that stops a person in bad situations.