To make sure everyone on the Student Hub stays safe we have a few rules
Do not share any personal information about yourself online. This includes your:
- Home address
- School address
- Email address
- Contact numbers including your home or mobile number
- Parent/carers’ bank or credit card details
If anyone asks for any of this information, tell your teacher or carer straight away.
Do not arrange to meet someone you have met online.
Always use your username on the Hub and never use your real name.
Challenge arguments, spot assumptions and point out weaknesses but remember to do this respectfully - don’t make insensitive or intentionally mean comments. Before you post anything, ask yourself if you would mind anyone reading or seeing it. Read the Student Behavioural Code
If you feel upset by a story in the news
Find an adult
Find someone who you feel comfortable discussing the issue with and let them know what is upsetting you.
Check the facts
Sometimes facts about a news story are exaggerated or even made up. If you research the issue, you might find out that it is not as bad as you thought or there are solutions to explore.
How we keep you safe
- Everything you put on the Student Hub is seen by the Topical Talk team before it is published and seen by everyone. If we find abusive or offensive content, your work will not be published and we will let your teacher know
- We don’t hold any information about you that can identify you - we don’t even know your real name!
- We work with your teachers and make sure you have permission to go online. Any video recordings you upload are also checked and approved by your teachers