Zanny Minton Beddoes

Festival2024_Expert-Banners3

Zanny joined The Economist in 1994 as the publication's first female editor and became Editor-in-chief in 2015. She is the recipient for the 2017 Loeb Award for Breaking News and was named one of the "Most Powerful Women in the World" by Forbes.

Zanny is a Festival topic expert on women in media.

Comments (14)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hello.

If I had the chance to meet Zanny Minton Beddoes, an expert on women in the media, I wood ask her what impact women's participation in the media would have on a country's economic growth. I also ask her will women's participation in the media have a positive or negative impact on national and social life.

• Hello,
    If I could meet zanny Minton, I would ask her about her job how she helps the world. About the world of journalism because it really sounds very interesting to me. As a guide Incase if I want to become a future journalist.
    Thank you

• Hi, if I could meet Zanny Minton, I would ask her what the best way is to solve gender bias in a school or work environment.

1. I agree with you because through your question, many others can be formed. So, if I could meet Zanny Minton Beddoes, I would ask her if she has been to a school or work environment and if the people there willingly listened to what she was saying.
      THANK YOU

• If you were the first female editor and became Editor-in-chief in 2015. It did take a lot of courage right? Being the first female editor, it felt like doing an exams you do not want to fail. Did you want to set an example in the society to others because of a problem in the society. Has anyone learnt from you by saying you are her role model. Were you a role model to other women in the society. Because I also want to be like you, learn from you and also be successful like you. Where there problems in the society you wanted to see change. And lastly, what is your main aim for being an editor.

• Modes:

If I could meet Zanny I will ask her an important question, I have seen many experts in this festival that are editors but you're the only experts that I have seen so far that edit and support women, so I would like to know from your point of view how do you see yourself as the first editor and became the first female and became editor in chief in 2015, how do you see your work contributing to the struggle of women in different areas and lastly I'm interested to know why you are called one of the most powerful women in the world, what are your special qualities.
    If we could meet, I would like to ask Zanny a very important question. While I have seen a lot of experts at this festival who are editors, you are the only ones that I have seen who also edit and support women. Therefore, I would like to know how you see yourself as the first editor, as the first female editor who became editor in chief in 2015, how you see your work helping women in various areas of struggle, and finally, why you are considered one of the most powerful women in the world. What makes you unique?

• Doing something for the first time is very hard and tough, right. How does it feel that you are the first editor. Was one of your intention of being an editor is teaching other women to do be what they will want to be in future. Did you want to set a stepping stone or like a source of inspiration for others to pursue their dreams. Do want all women not feel scared to do what please. I acknowledge people like you.

• You write about feminism correct. You know a lot about women in the media. You discuss issues and subjects unique to women. So, my main concern is: Have you ever witnessed a man being mistreated or given discrimination?Have you ever, perhaps as a result of events or a scenario, written on issues related to men? If men were mistreated in any way, would you had written on them. Will give the male a fair say.

• If I could meet zanny Minton🌺, I would ask her 1 question how can you help the woman around the world from your position ?

• Some of the possible questions I would ask zanny could be What challenges have you faced as a female editor in a traditionally male-dominated industry?
    How do you think the representation of women in media has changed since you first started in the industry?
    What advice do you have for young women looking to pursue a career in media? How do you think the media industry can better support and promote gender equality?
    What initiatives or strategies have you implemented at The Economist to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace?

• Hi if I could meet Zanny Minton I would ask her if she has ever met a company or a person who won't change his mind about gender equality and still stereotypes women if yes how did you deal with the situation.

• Looking at some of those Zanny's quote, A caught my attention, so if I see her, I will ask of there are statics to backup the quote especially in the nation we call failed state.

• If I met Ms Zanny I would ask her about her routine, and what obstacles she had met, and how did she deal with them, and if she had met her self five years ago what would she say to her self.

• If I would get a chance to meet Zanny so I would ask her how can we increase the participation of women in media and politics so much that they inspire others women ito be independent and earn money for herself because mostly when a women gets homeless perhaps or has lack of money and food so atleast she can have a job to do so.

• If I could meet Zanny Minton Beddos, an expert on women in media topic. I would ask her some questions :
    1. What challenges did you face as the first female editor of The Economist and how did you overcome them?
    2. What challenges and opportunities do women face in the digital media era?
    3.What advice would you give to aspiring women in the media industry?
    4. How can women feel confident and reduce anxiety in choosing their career in media ?