Phyllida Swift

Phyllida Swift

Phyllida Swift is an appearance activist reshaping the negative narrative surrounding scars in the public eye. She is a TEDX and United Nations speaker and has featured in Forbes and several other channels.

Phyllida is a Festival topic expert for businesses and politics.

Comments (21)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• If I had the chance to meet Phyllida Swift, a festival expert on business and politics, I would ask her how politics is affecting students. I keep asking how business is at risk in a political crisis. And what kind of action can be taken in a representative business?

• If I could meet Phyllida Swift. I would ask her some questions :

1.Is politics affecting businesses?

2.What is the affect of politics on business?

3. How businesses play crucial role in politics?

• If I had the chance to meet Phyllida I would ask her if activism can influence business and the opposite?
    Additionally I would ask her do the media play a significant role on balancing business activism?
    Thank you Phyllida!

1. Can you explain what you mean by "balancing"?

1. Yes, I mean how business and activitism function together. Phyllida as an activist seems to have staged her views but can businesses incorporate activist ideas into their own business?

• I would actually really want to meet her due to her profession. Based on qualifications, she seems to have a really fierce nature and also the zeal to fight for her rights.

• If I had to meet Phyllida I would ask her
    Does she think that businesses are ready to promote their brands with faces of special characteristics like disabilities ?
    And Does she think that the company really care to promote social issues or just take advantage of it to show fake sensitivity?

• Hey there! I was just thinking, wouldn't it be interesting to meet Phyllida Swift and get her perspective on eco-anxiety? I'm really curious to hear what she has to say about this growing concern.

• Addressing social and political issues in businesses involves several approaches:

1. **Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR):** Businesses can integrate CSR initiatives into their operations, focusing on areas such as environmental sustainability, community development, and ethical sourcing practices.

2. **Stakeholder Engagement:** Engaging with stakeholders, including employees, customers, investors, and communities, helps businesses understand diverse perspectives and priorities related to social and political issues.

3. **Policy Advocacy:** Businesses can advocate for policies that promote social justice, human rights, and environmental protection. This may involve collaborating with policymakers, participating in industry associations, and supporting advocacy groups.

4. **Diversity and Inclusion:** Promoting diversity and inclusion within the workplace fosters a culture of respect, equity, and belonging. Businesses can implement inclusive hiring practices, provide training on unconscious bias, and support employee resource groups.

5. **Transparency and Accountability:** Transparent reporting on social and environmental performance allows stakeholders to hold businesses accountable for their actions. This includes disclosing information on supply chain practices, labor standards, and environmental impact.

6. **Partnerships and Collaborations:** Businesses can collaborate with NGOs, governments, academia, and other stakeholders to address complex social and political challenges. By pooling resources and expertise, they can develop innovative solutions and drive systemic change.

Overall, businesses play a critical role in addressing social and political issues by integrating sustainability principles into their core strategies and operations. By acting responsibly and ethically, businesses can contribute to positive social change while also creating long-term value for stakeholders and society.

• If I had the opportunity to meet Phyllidaswift, I would be eager to ask her the following questions.Can you tell us about your role as the CEO of Face Equality International and the mission of the organization?
    2. How did you become involved in advocating for face equality and what inspired you to take on this cause?
    3. What are some of the key challenges faced by individuals with facial differences, and how does Face Equality International work to address these challenges?
    4. In your opinion, what are the most effective strategies for promoting inclusivity and combating discrimination against individuals with facial differences?
    5. How do you see the intersection between business and politics in relation to promoting diversity and inclusion?
    6. What role can businesses play in creating a more inclusive society for individuals with facial differences?
    7. How can political leaders and policymakers contribute to advancing the rights and well-being of individuals with facial differences?
    8. Are there any specific policies or legislation that you believe should be implemented to protect the rights of individuals with facial differences?
    9. Can you share any success stories or notable achievements of Face Equality International in promoting face equality?
    10. What advice would you give to aspiring activists or individuals interested in making a difference in the field of face equality and inclusivity?

• In response to mounting social and political challenges worldwide, businesses are increasingly stepping up their efforts to address pressing issues and enact positive change within their communities. From environmental sustainability to human rights advocacy, corporations are embracing their role as agents of social responsibility.

Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives have become integral components of business strategies, reflecting a commitment to ethical practices and sustainable development. Companies are prioritizing initiatives that promote environmental conservation, support community development projects, and uphold fair labor standards across their supply chains.

Stakeholder engagement lies at the heart of these efforts, with businesses actively soliciting feedback from employees, customers, investors, and local communities. This collaborative approach ensures that diverse perspectives are considered and that initiatives align with the needs and priorities of all stakeholders.

Policy advocacy is another avenue through which businesses are driving meaningful change. By leveraging their influence and resources, companies are championing policies that advance social justice, protect human rights, and preserve the planet for future generations. This advocacy extends beyond national borders, with businesses collaborating on a global scale to address shared challenges.

Diversity and inclusion are fundamental principles guiding corporate practices, fostering environments where every individual is valued and respected. Businesses are implementing inclusive hiring practices, providing diversity training, and supporting employee resource groups to cultivate cultures of belonging and equity.

Transparency and accountability serve as pillars of responsible business conduct, with companies committed to disclosing information on their social and environmental performance. By maintaining open lines of communication and adhering to rigorous reporting standards, businesses empower stakeholders to hold them accountable for their actions.

Partnerships and collaborations are driving force behind collective action, as businesses join forces with NGOs, governments, academia, and other stakeholders to tackle complex societal issues. By pooling expertise and resources, these partnerships facilitate innovative solutions and amplify impact on a global scale.

In conclusion, businesses are embracing their role as catalysts for social change, demonstrating a commitment to addressing pressing global challenges through responsible practices and meaningful action. As corporate leaders continue to prioritize social responsibility, the potential for positive impact on society and the planet remains immense. Through collaboration, innovation, and shared values, businesses are paving the way towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.

• If I could meet Phyllidia Swift, I would ask her an important question. I would ask, "Have you ever seen a campaign promoting the stopping of discrimination, and if you have, how did it make you feel?

• If I could meet Phyllidia Swift, I would ask her two questions. First, I would ask, "What can businesses do to help fight discrimination?" Discrimination is when people are treated unfairly because of things like their race, gender, or appearance. It's important to know how businesses can support efforts to stop discrimination.
    Secondly, I would ask Phyllidia if she would like to start her own business to help people with facial scars, like herself. Phyllidia Swift might have some really interesting ideas about how businesses can make a difference and how she could use her own experiences to help others.

• If I could meet Phyllidia Swift, I'd ask her for advice on how to handle harassment about having a facial scar.

• If I could meet Phyllidia Swift, I would ask her, "Can an AI bot be a model for humans with scars?" AI bots can be made to look just like humans, so they can have facial scars as well. I want your opinion on this matter.

• If I had the chance to meet Phyllida Swift, i would gladly ask her. How are businesses affecting nature? Because there were trees and soil before they constructed the business building. And another question that I would ask is that "Who are the main people that support their businesses?"

• If I could meet Phyllida Swift, I would ask her for advice on how to help someone who is being mocked or harassed because of their facial scars.

• If I could meet Phyllida I would like to ask her an important question, for her having a scar on her face, did she understand and saw how other people felt when it came to this issue, was it because of the scar on her face that made want to become an activist in reshaping the negative narration, and my last question that I would like to know is how did Phyllida being an activist affected business positively and negatively when doing her work.

• If I meet Phyllida Swift these would be questions

1) Is politics important for any higher people

2) Why do we need politics in business

• Given Phyllida Swift's expertise as an appearance activist and her experience as a TEDx and United Nations speaker, I would be eager to hear her insights on how businesses could effectively tackle social and political issues. Here are some questions I might ask her:

1. As an appearance activist, how do you believe businesses can leverage their platforms and resources to address social and political issues effectively?
    2. In your experience, what are some successful examples of businesses integrating social and political advocacy into their operations or corporate strategies?
    3. How can businesses navigate the potential risks and challenges associated with taking a stance on controversial social and political issues?
    4. What role do you see businesses playing in driving societal change and influencing public opinion on important issues?
    5. From your perspective, what are the key attributes of businesses that are genuinely committed to making a positive impact on social and political issues?

I believe Phyllida's insights would offer valuable perspectives on the intersection of business, activism, and social responsibility.

Thank you.

• Reshaping negative behaviour of others. So, have you ever come across others being mocked about the scars on their faces. Then, maybe you took up to yourself to reshape negative behaviours of others. You being the face of a brand most had taken a lot of courage. What gave you that momentum. How does being an appearance activist got to do with business.

• Phillyda Swift spoke about what consumer could if brands do not meet their expectations ranging for taking them on wisely on social media to complete boycott to send the message home. Presently there is big brand in my country Nigeria that have taken a a lady to court for calling them out on social media for their poor product. They are demanding for $1million damages. I will like to ask Phyllida if there are rules to protect consumers when they call out big brands. Because for this is bullying and that is like trying to shut up the consumers from having any voice.

• Swift talked about boycott as means of getting the attention of brands, I will like to ask her if there statistics showing how effective boycott has been overtime. Are there brands that have indeed changed their stance as a result of public boycott of their products.