ENHANCED GAMES VS "NORMAL" GAMES

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

The enhanced games have been a big polemic and of significant importance that have lots of problems added to our normal sports.

This type of sport has lots of downsides as people can be harmed by the regular and/or overuse of performance improvement drugs. These problems range from physical problems, such as cardiovascular illnesses, and metal problems, such as changes in behaviour.

Other people can think about athletes pushing their limits to their maximum, but, would you take these substances themselves even if you know the risks they take with them.

Also, this category of sports may result in unequal opportunities to participants of countries with different technological advancements, as India would not have the same scientists, technology, and money to improve their drugs and make them safer as USA.

Another option people could think is to separate the enhanced games from the “normal” ones, to lead the athletes to choose if they want to include doping to improve its stats, or if they want to continue training as our past generations did, and demonstrate that you do not need drugs to have great results and achieve your goals.

From my point of view, I think that we should not include drugs in sports as they can provoke lots of health issues, and, from my point of view, each country would fight for the best drug, not for the best athlete.

Comments (9)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hello Topical talkers I am motivated explanation and I would like to choose an option between the normal games and the enhanced games.
    For me, I will choose normal games because in normal games you can be able to carry out your event or sports well without much fatigue because in Enhanced games people take a lot of drugs that can be harmful to their body system which is not good for them and we know that too much drugs in the body causes weakness so the other opponent can overthrow the other because of the drugs the took and we know that some spectators might not like to see an unfair event.
    In conclusion I will choose normal games because it is much fairer than enhanced games.
    Bye topical Talkers!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi, I would choose advanced games. I say this because it is more entertaining. Some people feel the opposite they think it is to dangerous and while it may be dangerous you can't control what people do and the same people saying that it is "Too Dangerous" are the same ones who would watch dangerous videos while laughing or having joy because they don't hear from other people it is dangerous. If someone is to say advanced games are dangerous and proceed to watch and laugh and enjoy other things equally as dangerous. I understand it is dangerous but in this time it is fun and very joyful to watch because we don't clearly see the danger. I think as long as the people participating isn't ODing or using to much and are being check it should be safe enough.

• I agree with you secure_turbine, between the Normal Games and The Enhanced Games I would choose the Normal Games why you may ask, because choosing The Enhanced Games will have a risk that you'll have to take if you want to compete in the games.
    That risk is you are taking performance-enhancing drugs these drugs can help you perform better but are bad for you.
    This risk contains your body and your health and in addition has side effects when used for a long period of time.
    Some of these side effects will be you fainting right in the games while competing.
    Why I chose Normal Games or you can say The Olympics is much more fair because it does not involve drugs or the performance-enhancing drugs it plays fair and needs skill to play it also it is not dangerous.
    In conclusion I will choose The Normal/Olympics more than The Enhanced Games.

• I agree with you're statement on how the idea of these enhanced games is unfair and unsafe. First of all, I think that sports competitions are supposed to be able to allow everyone participating to show their full potential and go beyond their limits. Sports competitions should also be safe as the overuse or use of performance improvement drugs can cause early heart attacks, strokes, liver tumors, kidney failures and psychiatric problems. So overall in my opinion I agree with you're statement.

• I agree with you secure_turbine because the performance enhancing drugs isn't fair and is regarded as cheating and people may think it's impressive but the drugs are damaging their body and is very bad for their career and reputation. In my opinion I think training well and eating healthy food will help you win in a safer and is advised by doctors. The idea of creating a platform for drug users sounds to me like creating a platform for cheats who will look for to outsmart themselves.
    In conclusion I think performance enhancing drugs are not the way to win but the wrong way to win.

• Enhanced games v normal games has an enormous difference because you could beat a world record with doping but without you can’t. Just imagine you won the 2012 Olympics with absolutely no steroids but then someone beats you cheating. But if they all used steroids everyone would beat the record so then we would need a lot of gold 1st place medals instead of one like the normal silver 2nd medal and the 3rd bronze medal. So it can get out of hand very quickly, but the normal Olympic Games would be just as normal so it would be quite interesting for some but not all of humanity does agree with this Olympic Games

• This is not fair because imagine you were about to be a champion but a person wot took drugs went in front of you and won so that’s I fink it’s not fare but some aer good luck to keep you up but som people aer cheating so it maters what you take and wot you doe and it’s about drugs.

• Hello Topical Talkers,
    Between "Normal" games or, what I believe here, Olympics and Enhanced Games, I'd take sides with Olympics or "Normal" games. You see, there would actually be nothing wrong with the Enhanced Games if it didn't support the fact of the athlete using an artificial drug to improve his/her skills.
    Allow me to put it this way : Why does an athlete participate in annual sport events? Competition of these sport events are not everyone's cup of tea, but athletes go for it because they have faith in themselves and their skills. Why should an athlete rely on some fake drug when he/she believes that he/she has the skills that allowed him/her to reach up to here and compete on the behalf of an entire country? If doping was allowed and considered as "fair and square", then what's the point of organizing these sports anyway- everyone knows one or the other country might win because the athlete has doped!
    To be honest, I'm am completely against the doping rule in the Enhanced Games. It could've been like the Olympics - and give the unqualified athletes another chance - but alas, a drug has come in the way!

• In my opinion normal games are better than enchanted games.
    Athletes can compete fairly, and the audience to see who is actually the best natural athlete.
    Aldo taking steroids is dangerous. They can cause hearth problems or even breathing problems and put you in bad condition.
    But most important the fame you gain from normal games is much greater.