The Enhanced Games: a controversy.

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

A topic I am most passionate about is the Enhanced Games because it sparks my interest and my classmates too. This topic has several interesting questions, it suggests different opinions and is thought provoking. This topic is important to me and interests me hearing from other people's opinions from across the world. This topic is unique and I have a question sitting in my mind; are they going to make this happen or is this an idea?

First and foremost, several people think that the Enhanced Games is a great idea and that it can boost your confidence and enables you to do many different sports. Many think that you can try out sports that you have never imagined doing and can finally feel what it is like being in the Olympics. Moreover, in the Enhanced Games everyone has the right to use drugs and currently there are no limits. Ever since the ancient Greek Olympics we have enjoyed these sports, but someone has invented something different that we could try. Athletes would not have to train as hard as the drugs would do the job for them. In addition, the participants from the Enhanced Games will receive a base salary and a prize, similar to the current Olympics. Following from this, people who have been dreaming to compete in the Olympics, can finally, potentially fulfil their dream and become an Olympic athlete, whether they are just good or great at it will not make a difference because the drugs will be there to help.

On the other hand, a handful of people believe that this is extremely dangerous and unfair for normal athletes not using drugs, and is unhealthy for your body and mental health. Furthermore, if you use a high amount of drugs then you can get problems: cancer, memory problems, reduced appetite, unbalanced diet and long term problems in your kidney, liver or heart. Moreover, You have to think about how dedicated athletes are to make the Olympics. However, in the Enhanced Games you may be training just as hard except you will still be better than them because of the drugs taken: It argues that using performance-enhancing drugs undermines the rules of hard work, teamwork and fair competition.

After considering both sides, I believe that this is like cheating as you're not using your own strength; it is against the law to use drugs in sports and it is unfair. I believe that athletes should rely on natural abilities rather than artificial enhancements.

Comments (5)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hello diligent_penguin, I really cherish your standpoint and it has made me come to a conclusion below:
    The Enhanced Games, a topic that lights passion among many people, springs intriguing questions and evokes eclectic opinions worldwide. Supporters argue that it provides a unique platform for athletes to discover diverse sports and possibly accomplish their Olympic dreams, facilitated by performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) without boundaries, which could mitigate the requirement for intense training. However, opponents showcase dire concerns about the intrinsic risks and unfair advantages presented by PEDs, quoting health risks and the degradation of principles like fair competition and hard work. Regardless of the Fascination of the Enhanced Games, I staunchly advocate against its execution, viewing it as equivalent to cheating and a violation of the purpose of sportsmanship, which should focus innate abilities and support the integrity of fair play.

1. Thank you trustyworthy music for sharing your opinion, and yes I agree people should rely on their own abilities not on drugs to help them, and you have also given me some more different ideas and opinions I had not thought of before, which has given me some more great ideas that I can share on to others.

• It's exciting to see the passion around the concept of Enhanced Games. While some see it as a path to new experiences and opportunities, others similar to me raise significant concerns about equality,fairness, health dangers, and the integrity of sportsmanship. The potential health implications also spawn serious consideration, as they can have long term effects on an athletes' health and well-being. Some advantages of the Enhanced Games
    Increased Access to Sports: Research show that about 75% of respondents believe that Enhanced Games would give opportunities for athletes to discover and participate in sports they never imagined before.
    Potential Career Fulfillment: Research shows about 80% of supporters visualize that athletes could achieve their dreams of competing at an elite level, regardless of their innate skill level, due to the aid of performance-enhancing drugs.

• You're really passionate about Enhanced Games, but it's important to think about both sides. While some people think it could be fun and help athletes, others worry it's dangerous and unfair. Using drugs in sports can harm your health and isn't fair to athletes who work hard without them. It's like cheating and goes against the rules. It's better for athletes to rely on their natural abilities and compete fairly. So, while the idea of Enhanced Games might seem exciting, it's important to think about the consequences and stick to fair play. NICE TALK 👍

• Hello diligent_penguin
    Your perspective adds depth to the discussion surrounding this topic highlighting the complexities and differing viewpoints that make it so engaging . It's through these conversations that we can further explore the implications and considerations associated with innovations in sports.

• Your standpoint couldn't be further from the truth, diligent penguin. The essence of games being held in the first place is to recognize athletes' natural hidden talents and recognize them for them. Games like basketball, soccer, swimming, and running meter races require a lot of energy to be able to complete, and the durations attached to them are very risky. But legends from the 19th century have won competitions, and recently, people want to find cheeky ways to win. If it were difficult for every athlete to take pills to enhance their energy to win, then would it be a game? Would it be worth celebrating? The goal of competitions is to have fun and learn from the experience, not to bring home awards. In addition, these enhanced pills can be very harmful to the body if taken consistently; they tend to cause deformation of the muscles and can be very sensitive to the skin. Here in Ghana, when tests are run on an athlete who has taken an enhanced pill, the athlete gets suspended, is put in detention for a few weeks, and his/her whole team gets suspended from competition. I think this should be inculcated everywhere so people can be truthful to themselves. There was a post going around saying that governments in some countries support enhanced pills, but they only support them for the popularity and profit they may bring. Shakespeare once said, " Act well; your part there lies your honor.". This cut across for everything there is a cheat code but your true honour is acting your part to your best truthfully.