"AI" is taking over the world.

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Festival2-FeaturedImage-AI-Image5

Artificial intelligence is considered one of the most important outputs of the fourth industrial revolution because of its diversity in many fields, military, political, economic, educational, industrial, and so on.
Artificial intelligence will be the engine of progress, growth and prosperity in the coming years.
Well, as we said, AI plays a role in the use of several areas.
Among the applications and fields of artificial intelligence, what comes first are the self-driving car and drones. and a robot that gets things done quickly.
And smart devices that are capable of performing mental operations such as decision making, solving mathematical problems, and monitoring operations.
But on the other hand, he is now in dangerous control of human life.

This thing is not suitable because it will spread unemployment and the world will not need human creativity.
Skills will not be developed in humans. In addition to not using the human mind in many areas.
So I think we as humans have to control it.
Well, we conclude that artificial intelligence is of great importance to the world, but on the other hand, it is very dangerous for human life. But let's think, can we really control AI, or will it control us?

Comments (24)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Thank you for this post, if AI starts to take over the world, we won't get jobs and we will starve. AI is very useful but if people get too used to it they won't need workers anymore. There are several jobs that have already been lost to AI and machines like robots in factories and self driving cars that don't need drivers anymore and now we have AI art too affecting artists negatively.

1. I agree because It's important for us humans to continue developing our skills and knowledge so that we can work collaboratively with AI and accomplish even more together.

2. I'm not sure about this because... if there are no job opportunities then people can start becoming farmers to reduce hunger although the AI benefit us but it might end up wiping us out example ia a self driving car which if there was a little mistake while programing it then it might go out of control and and have an accident.

3. I agree with you cause now there will be no hiring of people and people will lose jobs cause robots will know everything. actually there are cars that drive themselves. so i think AI should be destroyed for a good future .

• Your point attracted me a lot. I think it's a good question. very think. He can control us and at the same time we control him, how? I believe. That we can control it and make it useful for us and not against us, and I believe that it can control us through our addiction to the communication sites that it invents, so we become addicted to it, and thus it controls us completely and mentally, so we cannot leave it, and also this is from the negatives, not from the positives . But I want. I would like to know your point of view, O (TV Valuer), regarding the question you saidAlso, we will not be able to get jobs because the universe will be full of machines that will work by themselves, which does not lead to work and leads to unemployment and lack of job opportunities, which leads to poverty.

• I think that Artificial Intelligence (AI) is designed to do tasks that normally require human intelligence. Right now, humans control AI and create rules for it to follow. However, there is a possibility that someday AI could become so advanced that it might be difficult to control. But for now, AI is just a tool we use to make our lives easier!

• Yes it is if we continue developing it like that. If we think about it, AI isn’t that important to us. We can still live without it. Yes, maybe we can learn new things with it but we need to remember that it is not a real a person, it is a computer. I think AI isn’t really important because we are now living a good life and if everything starts to be more complex, well, there will be more things to do.

• If Ai start taking over the it would result to lack of getting jobs, we might starve Ai is very useful but is also not that of a good impact because the more Ai is gets more upgrades no one would work again cause Ai would handle everything you don't need cashiers we don't need drivers we don't need chef's cause Ai handle everything and to me that is not a good impact for our world.

• It is possible to control artificial intelligence, but unfortunately now people do not care about science because there is something that they like, but it is harmful to them, which is the Internet. It took people's minds and destroyed them.
    I know that the Internet has made our lives easier, but we must use it with useful things.
    Now it is artificial intelligence that controls the person.

• If A.I does eventually take over the world then that could cause the human species to disappear. If that's a possibility, then why would humans still want to evolve A.I if it could literally kill us some day?

1. Why do you think AI will cause the human species to disappear?

1. I think that AI can cause the human species to disappear because, for example the robots we are making nowadays can be updated which can make them do all the work humans need to do and can also render human beings useless. People will no longer need humans, rather they will need the help of a robot.

2. I'm not sure about this , well some people think that technology can cause human extinction. According to my research '' two scientists from Oxford University and one Google researcher have argued that advanced AI (artificial intelligence) will wipe out humans because machines will inevitably compete with humans for their energy needs.
      However, I certainly disagree with it. My reason is because humans are hardy species and will survive even if there are noxious events such as global pandemic, alien invasion, nuclear wars and so on. It is very significant to note that technology has brought many merits to humanity such as improved healthcare, communication, transportation and more. It is up to us to use technology responsibly and orderly to ensure that it benefits us and our next generations.

• I think AI will go on to control us...
    I think this because they keep getting smarter and they get more like humans everyday.
    It is a possibility but we will never know till it happens

1. As humans created AI, do you think we have the power to stop it before it can, as you say, "go on to control us"?

1. I say we have the power to stop it by reducing the way we use them, because they are making us think our brains are useless. So we need to proof that our brains are smarter and more useful than the AI. We can also limit the knowledge we input into them to function and make them smarter. So once we notice any negative change from the AI, we can quickly shutdown the AI before it goes out of control.

2. This is if we use it moderately and do not become obsessed with it.

3. Honestly yes I think we can, if we can strike for money, why can't we strike for our future?

• I think there should not be much AI over all the different areas since that could leave unemployment around the world but I do think that AI could be used for different purposes like bringing development to different countries like africa and they can be sometimes be used for the military for vary dangerous operations that could lead to less deaths and maybe they can be used for self driving cars and home assistance's like Alexa but better and there can be some working all around the clock in the city and generally doing jobs for us that humans can't like NASA are already using AI for rovers on Mars for less risk of deaths so yes I think there could be AI in some areas.

1. Thank you for sharing your perspective on the use of AI in various areas. It's true that the widespread adoption of AI has the potential to impact employment, and it's important to consider the implications of automation on job markets globally. However, as you mentioned, there are also areas where AI can bring benefits and advancements.

Using AI to drive development in different countries, including Africa, can help address challenges and improve various sectors such as healthcare, agriculture, and infrastructure. AI technologies can enable more efficient resource allocation, optimize processes, and empower local communities.

In the military domain, AI can be used for tasks that are dangerous for human soldiers, such as bomb disposal or reconnaissance missions. By leveraging AI, the aim is to reduce the risk of human casualties and enhance the effectiveness of military operations.

AI can also be applied to transportation, such as self-driving cars, which have the potential to increase road safety and improve transportation efficiency. Additionally, home assistants like Alexa or other AI-powered devices can provide personalized assistance, enhance convenience, and support daily tasks.

Moreover, AI systems can operate continuously and perform jobs that are challenging or impossible for humans. This can include tasks like monitoring and analyzing large datasets, enabling faster and more accurate decision-making, and assisting in scientific research and exploration, as demonstrated by the use of AI in NASA's Mars rovers.

Ultimately, the deployment of AI should be approached with careful consideration and ethical guidelines to ensure that the benefits outweigh the potential risks. Striking a balance between automation and preserving employment opportunities, addressing ethical concerns, and fostering inclusive development are important considerations as AI continues to advance and integrate into different aspects of our lives.

• I believe that we cannot control artificial intelligence, but it is the one that will control us because it is much smarter than humans, but it enters into manufacturing many important machines for a person, which enters into operating rooms and solves a million mathematical issues in one second, but it enters the depths of the sea and discovers planets, so all of these Developments a person will not be able to do because they need good accuracy and high intelligence. Artificial intelligence has become the life without which a person cannot live because he accomplishes tasks for a person during his day. I think that I am the artificial intelligence that will control the person.

• Its unlikely that a single AI system or application can be so powerful as to take over the world. While the potential risks of AI may seem distant, the reality is that we are already experiencing the impact of intelligent machines in our daily lives. They can easily take jobs away from us humans. Afterwards we shall starve and die.

• Ai is progressively taking over the world. The idea of using ai as an assistant for work or a source to provide you with something has very much increased. When ai takes over, as it was stated unemployment would be a major pandemic. As human creativity or skill will be of no use. People are embracing the use of ai a lot these days. By using chatgpt,characterai and other sources, students and other people develop a habit of laziness which may metamorphose them into lackadaisicals. When we use ai for our work we show signs that we can't as well reason well and we need ai to do it for us. Though ai is very much useful to humans as it is used in many aspects of our everyday life -in devices monitors operations etc.
    If the world be taken over by ai, what would the use of humans,workers such as cashiers - can be replaced by robots which can perfectly do their task. Experts predicted, networked ai would amplify human effectiveness but would also threaten human anatomy and capabilities.
    I suggest the use of ai to be reduced as much as possible.

• Yes, it's important to recognize that AI can be both helpful and potentially dangerous. While we can control how we use AI, it's also important to continue researching and improving our understanding of this technology so that we can minimize any risks. So, we can control AI as long as we continue to learn about it and use it responsibly.

• That's an interesting question. What steps do you think we can take to ensure that we can control AI, and what are some potential risks of not being able to control it?

• I really don't agree with any of you!
    Let's take a step back and use our wits for a moment! AI is simply the product of human creativity, designed to perform specific tasks and solve problems more efficiently than we can. It is not a conscious being with its own agenda or desires. As long as there are guidelines and regulations in place to ensure the ethical development and use of AI, there should be no concern about machines 'taking over'. Instead of fearing technological advances, humanity should focus on harnessing its potential benefits while addressing concerns about privacy or job loss due to automation.
    So fear not, fellow humans - the future is still ours to shape (as long as we don't do anything too stupid🙃) .

• You say that artificial intelligence and its existence reduce human development of human skills, but what if we take advantage of the existence of artificial intelligence in developing human skills?? but how ??
    Let me explain this to you, what if we program artificial intelligence applications that teach humans to draw, and what if we use artificial intelligence to teach novice chefs to cook skillfully through robots, and what if we use artificial intelligence to develop sports skills where we can put robots as referees or coaches, what do you think in that ??

• i would like to know if metaverse is the same with AI

• How can we co-exist with machines that inherently lack human values? What happens when a program that can rewrite its own code diverges from the intentions of its creator to achieve its goal?

• I agree we really need to control the metaverse though in my opinion there is no chance of the metaverse taking over. We will always have full control over it. For now, the metaverse is just a way to interact with people and experience things that you would not be able to experience in real life. However, it is still too early to tell if the metaverse can truly replace real life which I believe it can't. The metaverse was built to help and enhance the real world so in my opinion the metaverse taking over the real world will be it overiding it's own codes.

• AI is already causing harm because it erodes and leads to unnecessary critical thinking, which should be applied to every area of life, even when we watch seemingly innocuous videos or read the news. Social media, for example, only shows us what we want to see or desire, but it is up to us to ask ourselves some questions about the authenticity of these contents. Many people, out of laziness or because of insufficient education, believe in everything that algorithms put in front of them. Now every conspiracy theory, even the most absurd and unsubstantiated one (see for example QAnon), now has a chance to become a credible surrogate for reality thanks to the use, I would say criminal, that consists of the Internet and algorithms to manipulate public opinion. The truth is that critical thinking is also the flavor of democracy and without it, in addition to becoming slaves to machines, we also become slaves to power.

It is true that AI systems lack creativity, intuition, and reasoning skills. We still have a long way to go until we can replace some of the tasks that require these skills. But it is also true that machine translation systems, for example, have made great progress. The example he gave shows that, unfortunately, translators and translators have already been partially replaced, at least in the field of technical translations. On the one hand, one says, it is a good thing: what human being enjoys translating an instruction manual for an electrical device? Let the AI do it and focus on something more creative. However, it cannot be ruled out that the progress is more significant and that in ten or twenty years, artificial intelligence will be able to translate even books decently. I don't know if that will actually happen, but it is plausible that within a decade the number of human translators needed will be at least halved.

• I like the world to be simple in life, because artificial intelligence controls the world and people don't think
    And do not work because there is artificial intelligence that does their work for them and meets their needs.
    Artificial intelligence has become the one that controls humans.
    Where did your minds go, people?
    Remember what the world was like in the past, who knew the world would become like this.
    The world has gone crazy using artificial intelligence for everything.
    Now people's talents are being destroyed because artificial intelligence is doing people's talents
    I hope the simple world returns.

• The AI is trained on past data. The past predicts the future - this is the principle on which artificial intelligence works. When companies feed wrong (unclean) data into the algorithm, it obviously doesn't work.
    I think the general public, particularly the Swiss public, lacks a basic understanding of AI. Of course, what we don't understand is scary - especially when it's commonplace and touches so many aspects of our lives.
    Past biases in hiring, loan applications, etc. have been “learned” by AI. Therefore, AI fails people of a certain gender, race, religion. That's about it. AI should not be applied where imitation of past decisions is of little value.
    But AI can work fantastically to translate text and voice, classify images of cats/dogs, and even recognize human faces - all examples where previous decisions still hold true.
    Ethically, how would a doctor decide which patient to treat, when there is only one ICU bed, for example? The guidelines will always say that the preference should be for someone with a higher chance of survival. A well-trained AI model will do the same. But suddenly, people don't like the idea of an algorithm deciding their lives.

• I believe that artificial intelligence is the one that will control us because people are very obsessed with it because of its speed, high quality, and accuracy in work, so people have become addicted to it and relied on it as an eighth dependence in their personal and practical lives. Sad to become a society full of corruption. Everyone in this world should reduce the use of artificial intelligence because it will destroy the future of all of us. It must be used with caution and also reduce its use. #No to artificial intelligence in our world.

1. What Is The Metaverse?

The metaverse has been around for ages (over 30 years) however it’s only now getting more attention as people believe that this project could change the world. The metaverse is like an online world where you can walk around and chat with other people using your own meta character. In order to play in the metaverse you will need a virtual reality headset and a meta account (which can be made on the app itself). People are so interested in this meta project because they believe that it could bring us a whole new perspective of life and rumours even say that people could do things such as go shopping through their own virtual reality headset!

Firstly, the Metaverse will cause many people to become overweight as they would eventually forget about their own health and safety and it is very possible that they may even lose track of time as they get fully immersed in the new world. Another of metaverse’s negatives is that people will lose their jobs as everything that they can do, the metaverse will most likely do better and more efficiently.

However, the Metaverse does have some positives and one of them is that people could do anything they want from home. This includes things such as shopping, socialising and many more. Many famous celebrities such as Gucci, Snoop Dogg, Justin Beiber have invested in the company meaning that you could watch their events or concerts online!

In my opinion I believe that we should shut down the metaverse immediately as it may have more negatives than positives. It is our responsibility to take action now before it starts to affect our future generations. I am 100% certain that the world's obesity and laziness will increase by around 35% which is obviously very unhealthy. It is also very possible that this could also be the end of the homosapien (human) species and more than half of the internet believes that we won’t benefit from this. If we get rid of our jobs, then how will people get paid in order to survive? How will we evolve? How will we show our future generations what our Earth used to look like? Eventually people will lose track of time and many people will develop some sort of social anxiety because they will stop communicating with real people in the outside world like real homosapiens (humans) should do.

2. Around 1940 - 1960 AI was created and is now being used for many lifting activities, such as:
      Art generator, Music generator, Chatbots, anything that creates.
      These types of AI have revolutionised how people are seeing AI. Some are scared about what AI will do in the future, taking jobs, “world domination”, but the main is ‘how human will AI get’.
      AI gets more information and becomes more like humans, daily!
      Their technology advances being able to expand to other subjects, Teaching, Factory work, Ect…
      It's important to be aware of AI and what it will do in the future.

AI affects everyone.
      Firstly, AI will take jobs in the future which leads to people getting left behind without a job, Proceeding to no longer getting money or opportunities to go into a better life.
      Another reason people may be affected by AI is then having no more human interaction. We know of chatbots and we can talk to them with no end if we really wanted to. People are only wondering how much more advanced they will get in the future.
      On the other hand, It could be better than humans at our jobs since they wouldn't make mistakes, they run off of a program. This would make production of most jobs easier and faster. Secondly, all of the people who think about this are normally richer people as they are not worried about losing their jobs.

In my opinion, there is a big issue concerning AI. People are scared/ worried about it and some are very happy and enjoy it. There should be a public debate or set rules about what AI should and shouldn’t be allowed to do. As an example I could say ‘AI should not be allowed to take jobs or be employed at all’. This is probably within reason so people can still use it but kept to a standard. As robots they shouldn’t be allowed to do the things that we do because people enjoy and get satisfaction from doing certain things, and AI could just take that from them.

In conclusion,
      Personally I am concerned about what will happen to AI in the future, what will it be capable of? and what could it do to the human race? These are just a couple of the questions i have regarding AI and the Arts.

• At first, comments poured out praising and welcoming this service, but soon concerns emerged and the tone changed when the artificial intelligence mechanism revealed its flaws and risks, not only with regard to the reliability of information, but also the security and protection of users' data. Another risk is that it will allow people to evade responsibility. Even companies will use AI bots. But what is the source and who is responsible if the information is wrong or contains certain problems? This is not at all clear, given that no system reflects the slightest degree of human intelligence. Even a two- or three-month-old baby can do what artificial intelligence will never be able to do. A simple example illustrates the above. If you put a cup full of water on the table, you will notice that the baby knows very well that if the cup is turned upside down, then it becomes empty. "That's why the baby enjoys turning the cup over," Borlar explains. "No machine in the world can understand this difference." What this example illustrates also applies to common sense, that is, the distinctive human ability that machines cannot and will never acquire by imitation, according to Borlar.