My Opinion on AI

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

I believe that AI can be beneficial for the human race however it poses lots of danger that people do not understand that well. One of the issues is how the AI can get out of hand which would cause danger to the human race, there have been lots of movies playing with this topic however the issue is people view this as only fiction. But what if this became a reality?

First of all we have the issue of a way to control them because we need multiple ways to do it due to the fact that AI will possibly be able to overcome that form of control,then we would have no way to stop them. We also can give the AI too much information because if it becomes too smart it would become a danger for the entire human race with not even the governments being able to stop them.

You then have the issue of teaching them, because like humans they will start out with no information just like babies and we will have to teach them essential knowledge like how to count,how to speak,how to write and how to talk. This could prove a challenge because we are not used to actually teaching AI while we are only used to being able to teach humans and babies.

It would also be harder to understand them than humans because while at first it is hard to understand what a baby needs but eventually you understand because you are the same as them in a way while with AI you do not know what they could want, it could be something like needing a new arm or leg in their body.

You also have the issue of people being booted out of their jobs due to the fact that AI will most likely to be able to do your work better than you can because it would they that much more efficient and only the best of the best will be able to stay in their jobs while people would have to find new jobs.

Overall I think that AI can be beneficial to the human race however you run into the issues of control,learning and understanding due to the fact we have never seen anything like this before and it would be a new experience for everyone. It could riot against us.

Comments (13)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I agree.
    This is a very good point. I also think that AI can have a few negative changes.

• My opinion on AI is that it has helped us a lot in many aspects, both in the positive and negative way. In the positive way : it has helped us in fighting war, help us cleaning the house, and make life easier and faster for us the humans, also higher productivity and help in finding solution in our assignment. In the negative aspects : it have make a lot of people lazy especially students in terms of their assignment and cleaning up the house and it will take over humans jobs away from them and this will lead to poverty and unemployment which will cause corruption in the country.

1. I feel AI could enable a new age of development that would allow for people to come up with new ways of employment to counteract the damage to the employment rate caused by AI, but I'm not sure how AI could cause corruption can you explain this more?

• So far, we’ve talked a lot about how AI has been growing in value, as well as how it has impacted the workplace and jobs market. But that begs the question, with the uptick in AI being so sudden and prominent, how do people actually feel about its use in everyday life and also it is a change to the world it can help us when where in need thank you.

• In my own opinion I believe AI has positively helped us in all aspect of life ranging from helping in house chores like cleaning the floor, washing the dishes, helping in agriculture like equipping farmers with the right ideas towards farming, helping in wars like replacing soldiers in the war front, which reduces the rate of mortality, helping students in learning faster and easier by providing the resources which students needs in order to enhance learning, and also by helping some scientist to explore even the deepest part of the ocean and many more other things which I can't mention and many more that are still yet to exist which we are looking forward to see, these are the positive aspect of AI but also we can't overlook the negative aspect of AI as we all know that everything that has advantages also have disadvantages.
    Some of the negative aspects of AI includes laziness, AI has made some people very lazy as it helps almost in all aspects of life, and most importantly it makes students lazy as they can easily use it do carrying out their assignment and checking of exams.
    Furthermore it leads to lost of some jobs as AI is rapidly growing it is taking over some jobs from humans and also unemployment is increasing because of lack of jobs and this will lead to poverty rate increase also now making some individuals to go into dirty jobs in order to survive in the society.

• Hi
    Firstly ;I SEE THAT the ai have advantages and disadvantages the positive way that it help us to do many things like: studying, working, and many like this .
    Seconly:in negative way as much as it helps it also has negatives such as distarcting studens from studying and making them lazy and not a active this leads to autism or isolation in the Internet world.
    And this is my opinion

1. I agree with philosophical skill and I have some others pros and cons.
      pros like it saves time (in tasks and people can focus in some important things), Makes fewer mistakes(AI processes data accurately, reducing errors in tasks like data analysis and decision-making), and it help people(AI makes services more accessible and inclusive).

cons like Job loss( AI can replace some human jobs, leaving people unemployed), Privacy issues( AI needs personal data, which can raise privacy concerns) and Less human interaction( AI might reduce human contact in some areas).

• When I heard the term of AI for the first time super-powered robots came to my mind, but then I realized that it's like a virtual smart brain for computers enable us to do things we never thought that it's possible. It's like a really cool gadget makes life easier and exciting in a lot of different ways. Besides its pros, there are also cons and risky challenges come with AI. Robots may replace humans' jobs and leed to unemployment, high cost and emotionless.There is a lot of talk about how AI is going to change the world and a lot of jobs will probably disappear. In addition to all these cons, people will be dependent and lazy. We all must know how to keep up with the changing time.

• Ladies and gentlemen In my opinion AI should have been taken a great deal with it’s problems we don’t have to cope with it’s cons at all i want to say that AI has many cons we are not forced to deal with

• My opinion about AI is that yes it should be encouraged but we shouldn't take advantage of it AI was designed to assist us and help out not to be enslaved and abused by us AI was made to be a personal companion to us it was meant to supervise us or to correct us when we do something the wrong way that is not an excuse for it to become what our life depends on we should still be able to perform tasks without having to rely on AI to do it for us.

• I think AI holds significant importance in our contemporary world, playing a role in diverse sectors such as technology, healthcare, and finance. Concerning the future, it is sure that we will witness further developments in AI wether in some professions or even in school. As a student, it's exciting to see how AI can make our lives easier and bring new possibilities for the future. But I would also say that we just need to make sure people use it responsibly and think about the impact on society, because I think a lot of people are not yet aware of the dangers of AI if it gets out of control. Even in school we see that many students have become more lazy when it comes to do their assignments because they just count on AI.

• Ai is a double-edged sword so if it is not used correctly it can cause a lot of problems and harm many users so people have to use it wisely like if they want to find some information or if it is used in homes or to do your work or to study because it made all of these things easier not as in the past it was too tiring to do one of these things but on the other hand a lot of people use it in detrimental way to harm people like hacking there phones for personal photos to blackmail them and say they want money for these photos to be deleted or to hack somebody’s bank account and steal their money or to bully someone on social media that can lead this person to commit suicide so I think they have to limit ai for good usage only and stop anyone from using it in a bad thing.

• Ai is a very useful gadget that helped us a lot and it has developed over the years and it has pros and cons.
    Firstly:pros:
    Ai has help us with medical and health care like personalized treatment plan and drug discovery and so on.Ai also helped in education by enhancing learning experiences by making personalized learning plans and studying platforms and intelligent tutoring systems.Ai also helped in climate change as it can be used in addressing environmental challenges and monitoring of ecosystems and its usage doesn’t harm the environment.Ai is also used in creativity such as its usage in art, music and design .
    Secondly:cons:
    Ai can lead to job displacement as tasks and roles performed by humans are automated that can cause unemployment and economic disruption especially for low-skilled workers.privacy risks are so common as technologies often rely on large amounts of personal data to opperate effectively but that could raise concerns about stealing your personal information .Dependency and reliability is on of the other disadvantages for ai as dependence on ai for tasks and decision-making could lead to overreliance and laziness.loss of human connection is one of the most dangerous cons of ai because increasing reliance on ai for communication online could lead to a loss of genuine human connection and reduction in emotional intelligence. At the end ,while ai offers many benefits ,we also must be mindful of its potential drawbacks. By working together and adopting responsible practices , we can ensure that Ai serves society positively while minimizing any negative consequences.

• I agree with you that AI has many advantages and disadvantages. But I have a point to add, that AI is a double-edged weapon. A double-edged weapon means that you can use AI to benefit from it, and you can use AI to take disadvantages from it

• In my opinion, with latest advancement in technology, artificial intelligence is also penetrating in our lives and is going to become an essential part of our lives. But I feel uncomfortable whenever I think that what will be the future of human relationships? Artificial Intelligence is becoming our partner instead of real human partners. We don't like to spend time with our peers anymore. We don't dare to accept people as they are just because we're addicted of being having accurate answers of our questions. We no longer accept real human beings with natural shortcomings. It is an alarming situation for me. What's your opinion about it?