Chat gpt

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

INTRODUCTION

Chat gpt,one of the most used Ai’s has been used for cheating and educational

purposes,even though i believe that Chat gpt isn’t great i do believe that the company should

still progress further. I personally think that there should be some limits on what it could do, for example writing essays though this is one of the most asked commands. I think there should be a limit on what essay it writes.

Negatives

Chat gpt can be used for cheating. For example,John has an upcoming test but he hasn’t prepared for the test tomorrow though he isn’t fazed,he goes to his computer and logs into Chat gpt and cheats.In the end John manages to get away with this without anybody finding out.Even though John got away with cheating his education hasn’t improved and he hasn’t learned anything which only means he cheated on himself if John were to do this in future over and over again he wouldn’t be able to learn anything.

Positives

Even though Chat gpt can be bad it can be used for good for an example,Tim has an upcoming test in 2 days but he hasn’t studied so when he gets home he logs on to chat gpt and asks for some help he takes notes as the AI’s explaining after he’s done he goes to bed when he wakes up he goes to school and takes the test he manages to get good results because of the research he has done.Even though he could’ve just cheated on the test he asked for help instead and learned something.

Comments (13)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hi topical talk
    My opinion or idea about chat GPT is that chat GPT is an AI app that is to answer and satisfied humans with answers and solutions to their problem. Yes chat GPT have positive and negative aspects. In the positive aspect it has helped us humans ( teachers) in setting of questions for students to answer, it have helped in assisting students with their assignment, it helps in giving business men ideas on how to solve their problems . In the negative aspects it has make students lazy in thinking on how to solve their assignment, because they world has transformed into the world of AI and students will stop doing their assignment by them self with going on chat GPT, for example in the Topical Talk, some students use chat GPT to comment with out using their head to think and answer the question that was asked by topical talk.
    So am saying that chat GPT is good to some extent but if we are to use chat GPT, it is for guide and not to copy and paste what the chat GPT has said.

• I think that Chat GPT is actually a good idea and has developed people's writing skills, but if we actually use this AI for the wrong reasons, we will actually be destroying ourselves because we are making the AI look like the smarter ones and are not actually developing ourselves as illustrated in this your example. I think that Chat GPT is a good idea, but we need to be able to use it for the right purposes like Tim in your example. This in essence is teaching us that modulation is key in living in this present world.
    THANK YOU.

• Hi! The usages of chat GPT has mainly been focused on the positives (like helping a student with understanding a school topic they do not understand) but you talk about how chat GPT can be used to cheat without benefiting the student's education. This is a topic I personally have not seen much about but deserves to be talked about.

• Hello everyone,
    According to my research, ChatGPT is a chatbot, created and developed by OpenAI, a research lab dedicated to artificial intelligence. The AI system is designed and trained to simulate more conversational, human responses to prompts and questions.
    So, what I think of ChatGPT is that it has its good and bad sides.
    On the good sides, it helps teachers, students, generally everyone with their work that they need to do and it also a help of assistance.
    On the bad sides, it makes people lazy if they us it all the time and it also reduces people's listening skills, communicative skills, learning skills, creativity and imaginative skills and these are the attributes that topical talk wants us to improve on more.
    NOTE: This only happens to people when they overuse ChatGPT, but if they do not use it as much, it will help them develop their skills.
    So, I just think that the innovation of ChatGPT today is very good because it helps us with our work daily but remember, we should not overuse it to prevent mental and physical laziness.
    THANK YOU.

• Well in my opinion chat gpt is good and bad at the same time firstly let's start with the negatives
    Currently in this topical talk a lot of people might have used chat gpt or other applications like next AI e.t.c and when they use they just copy and paste when there done and it will have effects on them like reduction in Brian capacity, the Brian would not be able to accommodate lots of knowledge science he is already addicted to using AI
    Positivities
    If a person is finding it hard particularly in some subjects he can ask AI to help him and by doing so he is gaining and it must only be chat gpt they are lots of orther apps that can be used
    So in conclusion, chat gpt has both disadvantages as well as advantages it is just really about how it is used if used too much then it bad if used regularly like monthly it is okay.

• Hi, Topical talk the standpoint is nice but I have some other things about Chat GPT you said that it have some positive impact as tim story but I have another things.

like it can talk about a lot of stuff it can talk with you about many different things, it is easy to use,it always available, can be like you want (you can make it talk the way you like) And it can help you to speak different language....etc.

And it's negative impact displace some job, it privacy concerns (is can share personal information).....etc.

so in my opinion Chat GPT is neither inherently good nor bad. Its impact depends on how it's used and the context in which it operates. When used responsibly and critically, it can be a valuable tool for various tasks like information retrieval, learning, and entertainment. However, if used carelessly or without critical thinking, it can contribute to misinformation, dependency, and other negative consequences and remember "Choose the tools you use wisely, for they shape not only your tasks but also your perspective."

• In my opinion chat gpt is still a developing app with many flaws. It is designed to help students with homework ect. But many take advantage of it which happens with almost everything. To improve it the ai should be coded to help a student through their homework an example is a student asking a question like (12x + 3) (2x + 5) and instead of generating an answer it talking them through the steps like a teacher would. This would help the student with their long term knowledge about the topic rather than giving them a shortcut. In the essay view chat gpt should give the student prompts to help get their ideas flowing or help generate a plan or sentence starters for their writing to flow and have structure. This will ensure that the student is still putting in the work of writing the essay but also being helped along the way with prompts and topic overviews for them to base their writing off of.

• I think ChatGPT is a tool, and it depends on us how we use it. Well now a days the most common thing we all need is personal awareness. If john were aware of his studies, then he could not cheat. ChatGPT like other AI do have a negative effect but if we are aware of it and uses properly then we can reduce the negative effects in a great scale. We can get the best out of it if we use it with consciousness. It totally depends on us while we will use ChatGPT to cheat or to take better preparations for the examination. And yes, it will be better if there is a limitation, so that the student won't be able to cheat. The copy paste of text from ChatGPT may be stopped so that students can't directly copy anything. They can take help from it but unable to copy directly. It may be helpful to make the best and good use of ChatGPT.

• I agree with your standpoint original_strategy because I also think chat GPT has a positive and negative side for the positive side I think it doesn't only give you the answer to the question but explains the and also teaches you how the way to solve and different ways to get the answer but on the other hand people may not understand and could cause confusion which is bad for people asking the question. I think using artificial intelligence such as chat GPT will not develop your brain.

• Hi topical talkers
    My own opinion about chatGPT is that it can be used for positive and also negative things. Some of the positive sides about chatGPT is that it helps humans in lots of things like writing essays and it also gives them better answers and examples of what they searched for. ChatGPT has also helped a lot of humans, for example, teachers, why I say this because, there was a day when we asked our Language Arts (LA) teacher, a question that she did not understand or let's say " Did not know the answer to" and then she asked chatGPT for answers. But she did not copy everything that it told her but put it in her own words. So I think that is one of the positive effects of chatGPT.

Some of the negative sides of chatGPT is that humans use it to cheat. I say this because a lot of people (especially students) use chatGPT to cheat for example some of the topical talkers use ChatGPT to enhance their work and that is why those comments get rejected and some of their Hub accounts get blocked. Aside from using chatGPT in topical talk, they also use it to cheat in some of their cyber-based test (CBT) or their regular test, and instead of studying, they log into chatGPT and copy lots of notes from it and then they won't add to their knowledge. And if they continue to do this over and over again, they may not be able to learn anything.

• Hello!
    In my oppinion i think that chat gpt is so useless . Mainly because people cant think anymore . For example if you have an essay and u dont want to do the research you can just open chat gpt and it will give u answers. Its that simple . It makes things for humans more easy but it actually just makes their minds stop thinking.

• Hello everyone,
    I believe that AI such as chat gpt will always have its pros and cons, and we have to make sure that we use it for the positives. For example, Tim using chat gpt for help instead of cheating helped him to learn something. John using chat gpt to cheat did not help him learn anything, because he didn't actually try to learn, he only got the test answers. These examples can be used in many different situations. If we use AI for bad, or if we get too comfortable with it, we may not learn new things as much as we're supposed to. In conclusion, I do agree that the app should limit what people can do on chat gpt, because the reality is that most people are going to use chat gpt for bad instead of educational purposes.

• Hi topical talk
    I agree with you in Chat GPT can damege the next generation of students because they will be easy to cheat and not learn anything so In the future, an uneducated generation will emerge, and it is possible that artificial intelligence will dominate the world because artificial intelligence will be more intelligent than humans Therefore, it will remain easy for artificial intelligence to control the world, but it is possible to avoid this through some methods, such as instructing students on the importance of education in the future and making them know the importance of education, and there are other ways.But the most important thing is to make students know the importance of education so that they learn conscientiously, and in my view, artificial intelligence can be used in other things in positive ways. That it can help us in different stuff and when you ask a question it always answer you quickly and you haven't to wait, it gives you ideas to write, it know a lot and give you good answer, it is friendly and talk with you in nice ways.... etc.
    Thanks 😊