#19 Respond!

03 February 2022

Winners Announced

This week’s competition entries proved that you all have some great responses ready to use in discussions about the news. This time our two winners are from the same part of the world - Occupied Palestinian Territory! They are…

best_passionfruit of Jabalia Prep Girls A School, who disagreed that watching television is the best way to learn about the news and gave examples to show why

and

determined_deer of Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School, who explained that it is very important for young people to learn about the news because of the “lack of trust in the media”.

We were impressed by the simplicity and clarity of your explanations - so well done!

Competition Rules

Welcome to the competition! There are three important rules:

1. DON'T COPY
  2. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
  3. ENTRIES MUST BE TWO SENTENCES OR LESS

If you don't follow the rules, you will not be able to win and your account may be deactivated.

This competition will close at 5pm (UK time) on Wednesday 2nd February for judging! We will announce two winners on Thursday 3rd. Good luck!

The Competiton

Skill Description Competition Speaking

Everyone has different opinions about news stories - sometimes you will agree with people, but sometimes you won't. The most important thing is knowing how to respond so that you can keep the discussion going.

Your challenge this week is to choose one of the people below and say how you would respond to their opinion.

Your response should be NO LONGER THAN TWO SENTENCES.

PERSON A = "I don't keep up with the news because it's nothing to do with me!"

PERSON B = "The best way to learn about the news is by watching television."

PERSON C = "It is very important for young people to learn about the news."

Top Tips
  • Read the other competition entries first so that your idea is original
  • Make your entry personal to YOU
  • You could structure your entry like this: To PERSON X, I would say..."I agree/disagree with you because..."

Comments (139)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• PERSON C = I would say I agree with you
    Because the news is very important for young people, it raises their awareness and familiarizes them with the events going on around them, and because they are the force of change in society and the main pillar for it. They must be educated, because they will have a prominent role in the development and development of society, meaning young people are the only hope for change and development of society for the better.

• To PERSON B, I would say, I disagree with you because there are there are better ways to know news rather than TV. Internet provides you with updated news and faster than TV such as several news agencies.

• I will respond to (PERSON A = "I don't follow the news because it has nothing to do with me!")
    In my opinion, people from the age of 12 to the age of 40 should watch the news and follow it daily. We know that you have nothing to do with it, but some of them are important and the biggest example of that (climate change, Covid_19) should watch this news because it is me and you and they are all Who will save the world!
    (News that has nothing to do with you is like football or etc...!)

• I would say to (PERSON C)
    I totally agree with you! (It is very important for young people to know the news!)
    Because, in my opinion, to understand the political, social and economic events and changes in your region and around the world!
    A good example of this is our current topic (Environmental Change and Climate!)
    Because the most who will save us from this thing are (young men, whether female or male!) The small age are of course difficult for them to understand what is happening and the old ones are also difficult for them to do anything!

• Person A, I would say that I disagreed with what had been said because even though the news is nothing to do with you, it is still interesting and you can find out very fascinating things that migth surprise you and that could give you facts that you can surprise other people with. So, even though it is nothing to do with you, it is still fun and enjoyable to look into.

• Person A I don't agree with you What do you mean the news has nothing to do with you?
    I think the news is a big part of life because the news speaks about our reality.

• Well, I would like to respond to the first person who says that he does not follow the news because he has nothing to do with it, and I tell him that I do not agree with him, because knowing the news is everyone's responsibility, and it makes us more educated about the news of other countries and their conditions.

• I do not agree with Person A because in reality everyone must see the news to know the events of the world and the events of his region, even if they are not related to him, because he will not be able to adapt and live with a place where he is ignorant of his news and cannot act in a place where his news is not known. The news, the news is light, and staying away from it is darkness

• Person C
    I agree with him first, because the news makes young people more aware, aware and understanding of what is going on around them in the world, through which they understand the cultures and customs of peoples and the policies of countries
    Secondly, it makes the youth more educated about global civilizations and life in all parts of the world of which we are a part. Young people must understand the world because they are the leaders of society who will push it to develop and progress.

• PERSON A = I would say I do not agree with you.
    Because does everyone who follows the news have a relationship with the news, of course not, so how do we know what is going on in the world? How do we know what to do? How do we protect ourselves? All of these answers are found in the news, for example, is it nice for you to go out of your house and see all the people talking about an important news story and you know nothing about it because you do not follow the news, the most successful people in the world consider news a mainstay in their lives and they have nothing to do with it.

• PERSON B = I would like to say that I do not agree with you, because there are many means to follow the news, such as radio, newspaper, etc., and there are people who do not have the money to buy a TV to follow the news, so you prefer to buy a newspaper and through it you understand the news, it does not differentiate the means in which we know the news, but it is important to understand news.

• I would like to tell Person C that I agree with him because these days young people lose interest in news and find it does not meet their interests. The lack of trust in the media has led to a widening gap between young people and the news, so the media must focus on this category to present what interests them and convince them.

• I will reply to person A.Because the news is through which awareness is created among the masses about internal and external issues and events, and accordingly makes the masses ready to respond with behavior towards those issues and events, which require making decisions that are of importance to the masses, as the news contributes to alleviating the pressures and tensions resulting and related to lifedaily; By paying attention to events and facts that affect the public and their problems,

• I disagree with Person B because it cannot be asserted that television is the best way to know the news, although there are many better and easier ways such as the Internet, so you can find any news you want, whether it is in the past, present, old and new

• I would like to agree with B because the TV is present in all homes, they can watch it, and also if the TV is not in their homes, it will be in a place nearby, for example, in a nearby area, and this will increase people’s awareness and will help people with information and what is happening in their country

• Person “A” I would like to say that I disagree with what was said because it is true the news is sometimes not related to us but it is interesting when we listen to it and you can discover world news and wonderful things that surprise you that give you the facts This is not about you but it is interesting and wonderful.

Because young people are the pillar of society and the basis on which we will build our society, and they are the light with which we will light our way, and they are the weapon with which we will fight our enemies, and they are the reason for our optimism about life and the belief that life will change for the better, so we must take care of them and make them follow the news because it is important to them.

• I would like to say that I disagree with PERSON A because the news is not related to the people they have a relationship with, because the news is what leads people’s awareness to the right path through the journalist’s words, which means that we can say that your point of view may change when watching the news, i.e. according to what agrees with the point of view Your opinion with the journalist.

• I want to respond to the third person who said that it is important for young people to know the news, and I agree with him, because young people are among the most influential in the world, and this will help them to be more aware of what they are going to talk about، Also, knowing more helps young people build a future, for themselves and their country..

• I would say to someone C, I agree with you, because it is very important for young people to learn about the news, because young people are the force for change in society and the most ambitious, and young people are the most influential. to the rest of the community

• PERSON C = I would like to say that I agree with you because news is very important for young people, because by communicating it to young people, they spread news quickly and helps to learn a greater amount of young people from this news and spread these cultures among different societies.

• I want to tell A that I don't agree with you
    Because news provides a person with information and news, it is possible that if he is not informed of it, a danger will happen to him, and also a person is unable to know the news and events that occur in his country on his own from crises and problems that pose a threat to his life

• I would like to respond to Person A:
    I respect your opinion. Some of us do not keep up with the news constantly and do not have knowledge of all the news of the world, but surely they are aware of the most important news. It is necessary to follow important news from time to time to know the most important developments in the fields of health, for example, such as the developments of the Corona virus, for example, and knowledge of disasters and natural phenomena as well as others, to take caution and when there is a danger threatening us, which the news will inform us of from its various means.

• I would say I disagree with Person B because I think the phone might be the best way to catch up on the news. On TV, you can give an opinion of one person. On the phone, you may find many different opinions on a particular topic.
    The second reason is that when we want to watch the news quickly we have to wait for the channel to broadcast it. As for the phone, as soon as we look for the news, it comes quickly and in a short or detailed way.

• I selected person A and my response for this is that the news involves everyone in different ways. The news talks about all sorts of things like current wars, diseases and other facts that you could be interested in.

• To person A, I couldn't disagree more with you this is because even if the news has nothing to do with you, you can still read the news because it talks about what is happening in the city and other important information. You can learn more about issues such as: air pollution, climate change, Covid-19, endangered species and other information that is happening around the world.

• To person A , I disagree with you because I believe that if something is important enough to be on the news then it will definitely affect you, for example if the government made it a law to wear your mask or you will be fined and you did not know (because you don't keep up with the news) you could be in a very bad situation, that is why I believe you should keep up with the news.

• to person c, i strongly agree with you as when watching news you will find it important as you can find out about your urroundings

• I agree with person C, because all young people should be aware of the news to avoid making mistakes, and also because the importance of news is great in facilitating the lives of young people in terms of economic, social and material terms. The world and people from all over the world

• I agree with Person B because television is hardly present in every home, so it makes it easier to spread the news to the largest number of people from all over the world, and it also makes it easier for people who cannot use technology to enjoy the news with ease because television is easy to use for young and old

• To Person B, I would like to say that I disagree with you somewhat because we are now in the age of technology, so there are many ways to know the news quickly and accurately as well, as television does not provide accurate information.

• I chose Person C. It is important for young people to know the news, as they are the most curious and questionable groups, to have a balance of information that builds them the skill of perception, knowledge and awareness of the various aspects of life. New, it is necessary to deal with the news with caution, attention and vigilance to build the future, they understand the energy of change in society and they are the most ambitious, enthusiastic and rush towards change and progress

• PERSON C = "It is very important for young people to learn about the news."
    I agree with you, because we cannot deny the importance of news in daily life and society in general and its benefits for us young people as it gives us a greater perspective on what is going on around us and in the internal and external world, and increases our cultural knowledge and awareness of what is happening, and as (George Martin) said:  He lives a thousand lives before he dies, and he who does not read lives one life .

• I disagree with person A because in real life everyone should keep up with the news in case something
    serious happens in his/her city like for example the spread of the new variant or if your country is being
    attacked, and not only the news talks about serious situations but it can also provide information
    about entertainment in the city like circuses and more. So you should keep up with the news at all times.

• I agree with Person B because television has more credibility and accuracy in transmitting news than the Internet, which may transmit primary news that lacks credibility through personal pages and user accounts, and because television is in every home And the Internet is not in every home, and we grew up hearing news from television and not from the Internet.

• I agree with you B that TV is a good source of information but nowadays we have a variety of sources. The internet can be a more flexible source as you can dig deep and search for the news you hear and where it comes from. The most important thing to search for is the reliability of the news and whether we can trust it or not.

• To person A ,Iwould say that I disagree with you because news is the event in which there is a “visual” value and a “health” value in addition to one or more of the well-known news values ​​such as: interest, proximity, information, immediacy, impact ... and others, and it is technically and ethically suitable for television transmission and news plays a major role in increasing human awareness of the dangers that occur around it.

• I agree with: Person C, as young people have just as big of a voice as adults. However, may be some young people may not know how to use their voice or think they think they are not strong enough to disagree on an opinion. It is important young people read the news as young people can probably make a good discussion because of how much they know because they read the news.

• I do not agree with Person A, because the world is like an integral sphere, if a surface occurs in it, the ball becomes inflated, so you must know all the information about your country in order to prepare for the future, and to be prepared for the obstacles that afflict people and other people and even Don't live in a lonely corner, not knowing what's going to happen around you.

• i would agree with person "B" because the best way to learn news and know nwe things for formal sentences via pictures or videos and more vividly ..
    so we can understand easily as well as the result to remeber deeply.!

• PERSON B = I would say "I disagree with you because there are ways to learn about news other than TV." Because
    Television There is an alternative to it which is the Internet The Internet provides you with news faster than television, such as channel 124NEWS .

• I don't agree with Person "A "because we need news to inspire.
    I learned to be flexible when I read about something very different.!
    When misfortunes come to me, I remind myself to give back and support other human beings

• PERSON C individual is defined by the internal and external events that took place in his society or other societies. Thus, whether these events are directly or indirectly reflected on his life, the individual's knowledge of the events around him represents a high human value. The news article provides individuals and enables them to know the services and opportunities available, such as news related to treatment opportunities, education and training.

• Person C. News is important for young people. What if there was no news, a society of ignorance and backwardness would be established, but by knowing the news, the world became better and developed, and the more knowledge of young people increased, the more their country became a developed country. Most of our society is a youthful society, where their percentage reaches 65%.

• Can you imagine that you can see and know everything around the world on your TV ,at your home?
    Yes it's the main purpose of the news to show all the voices and facts around the world , so I completely agree with "person C" , we should know the news to stay connected with the world . And the news channels aren't limited but the most successful is the honest ones , they work hard to influence the masses and push them to reform their society .

• PERSON B = I would say I agree with you
    Because in watching television, two important organs may work to understand the events, and they are the eye, as it may see and recognize the events and store them in memory, and the ear helps it to hear the sound and analyze the required, and thus we understand the news easily, better than only one member working to understand the news.

Because the news contributes to the decision-making process as it provides the amount and type of information that can be circulated between the different decision-making parties, creating a similarity in the perception of the situation for decision-makers as they possess the same amount and type of information, which approximates the viewpoints, and contributes to the production of political decision Explain and understand it.

• PERSON B = "I do not agree with you because every person in life has a different point of view and his way of understanding the news differs from one medium to another. For example, I find myself that I understand the news quickly when I read the newspaper, but my father understands the news quickly when watching TV, and I find that I understand the news quickly when I follow The news via radio, and what I mean by my words (that each person has his own way of understanding the news easily differs from one person to another)

• PERSON B = "I do not agree with you because every person in life has a different point of view and his way of understanding the news differs from one medium to another. For example, I find myself that I understand the news quickly when I read the newspaper, but my father understands the news quickly when watching TV, and I find that I understand the news quickly when I follow The news via radio, and what I mean by my words (that each person has his own way of understanding the news easily differs from one person to another)

1. This has been copied from another student and therefore your account has been deactivated.

• To Person A I would like to say I do not agree with you
    Where the news makes us aware of the current situation in which the world lives and thus we can deal with it,For example, had I not known from the news about the spread of a new mutation of the Corona virus, I would not have been able to take my precautions and protect myself,That is, the news helps us in facing global issues and increases our unity as a scientist in the face of global problems that threaten our interest as a world

• The person"A" , I would like to say that I disagree with your opinion because the news talk about what is going on around us and we are also in our place,and warns us of the coming earthquakes and devastating storms to take the necessary precautions.
    It can tell us the latest developments about the Corona virus. This is about you and your safety. The news is important in our lives. It has made the world a small village.

• I agree with person "c" because it is important for young people to know the news, because if danger strikes, for example, the city we are in, they are the ones who will protect us and also young people are an essential thing in society, so they must raise their awareness so that they can raise their societies to progress and prosperity because women do not enter into work so the focus is on young people.

• Person C, I agree with you because the news is very important for young people, as it guides them to the right path and informs them of the events that revolve around them. Young people have the power to change society and through it they understand customs and cultures and works to contribute to decision-making, promote dialogue between cultures and develop awareness among peoples.

• PERSON (C)= I would like to say I agree with you because it is very important for young people to know the news and inform them of everything that happens and revolves around them in terms of words, deeds and events, and from here comes the importance of news for young people, as the youth category in particular is always interested in what is going on around them, They always need to know about developments such as the weather or news of important issues such as accidents, which helps them feel safe.

• I agree with Person C because news is important for all young people, as the news is diverse, including political, economic, sports and religious news, in addition to sporadic and diverse news. Events through the news delivered to them by specialists.

• agree with person C because in my opinion the news is important in changing society for the better. This is on the positive side. For example, in light of these depressions, the news shows us that there are people who need our help, such as shelter, clothes, etc., so in our turn, we as young people do everything we can to help them even If we are not able, then our supplications will help them, even if only a little, as we know that young people are the most active group in society.

• To PERSON A, I would say..."I was disagree with you because we must become more rational and responsible for follow-up to news and the latest developments in the world because we are part of if"

• To PERSON B, I would say, I disagree with you because this is the age of internet and in this fast paced electronic era, it’s more convenient to read news on mobile applications and social media network on rather than waiting news on TV.
    Furthermore, mobile Applications and social media network turned the world into a global village where everyone is connected with other

Because news has an important role in developing peoples' awareness and motivating young people to develop society and cooperate for the renaissance of the country and face all obstacles, as it is with its great ability and unlimited potential, responsible for informing people of many issues and dangers such as crime, for example.

Because the news has the tools that are able to facilitate and simplify dialogue between different cultures, as it can address the prevailing attitudes and dispel bad ideas regarding the “other”, as it can cross the barrier of stereotyped perceptions, and remove the ignorance that supports fear and warns against dealing with them, to transfer to the human being. To a wide range of acceptance by other parties so that diversity and difference becomes a normal condition and a nice opportunity for understanding.

• I say that I do not agree with Person B, it is strange that the best way to find out the news is through television, as I think it can be like that for women and not men. It will be on the mobile, not the TV
    if she was. The news spreads more the phone, it will include more people to increase their culture and help them understand what is happening in their country and society.

• To person C I'd like to say that I agree with because prioritizing the aspirations of young people enhances the sustainability of conflict prevention and resolution, and the involvement of youth and youth community leaders in peace efforts, decision-making and institutional reform processes provides an opportunity to develop areas that directly affect their lives. They are the hope of parents and the dream of grandparents 👍

• To PERSON B, I would like to say, I do not agree with you. There are better ways than TV to watch the news, especially in my city of Gaza. The electricity is not regular, so you can miss news episodes or important things related to the news and also you are not sitting on TV all day to see all the news And it reaches incompletely, unlike the Internet, so you can see any news or search for any topic and watch all the news from many mm news channels and in detail.

• I agree with reason No. C, because young people are the builders of the future and their connection to the world through news gives them the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in things and innovation and to understand what is happening around the world and develop it by providing them with their creativity and modern methods and keeping pace with development

• PERSON A= I disagree with you because although its nothing to do with you, you still should read/watch the news because you never know what you can find and it might be something important about your country. The news could give you a warning about something dangerous happening in the world and how to resolve this problem- if you dont follow the news you could be putting yourself in alot of danger and risk.

• I strongly disagree with person A because just because the news ha nothing to do with me doesn’t mean that I don’t need to learn about it. Young people should get involved in the news to learn and to know what I happening in the world because we could actually do something ,this is my opinion

• I chose Person C because it is very important for young people to learn the news because it teaches them and introduces them to what is going on around them, taking precautions and programming the brain for the next, and it will be able to anticipate what will happen in the future.

• person B i dissagree with you as google gives over 4,090,000,000 for one word in less than 0.51 seconds where as on tv you have to either wait for the chanle to play the news or download a news app which still takes longer as the app needs to load and then you search your wanted article

• PERSON B = "I'd say I agree
    Because following the news by phone is one of the visual media, and it works to increase people's awareness and familiarize them with other cultures; And that is by watching many of what is shown through these means of news, events, cultural and historical programmes, or even those documentaries that increase one’s ability to think critically about what the world is going through, and according to what I read that (visual media such as television is considered the most It has a lot of entertainment content) and this is what attracts others.

• I don't agree with A
    because the news is important and it's relationship with everyone , for example if aliens come and invaded the earth, while you were in your house sitting on a sofa, how do you know the world in the danger?

• PERSON B I am disagree with you
    Because your wrong there are so many other things or facilities to hear news and get knowledge about news like social media, internet has many other form of things to hear news like Facebook, Twitter, and other form .
    Your wrong that television is only way to hear news . Internet has quick access but television is late .

• To Person c, I agree with you, because youth are the mainstay and foundation of every nation. They are the leaders of the society’s ship towards progress and development, the pulse of life in the veins of the homeland, the beacon of shining hope, the shining smile of the future, and an effective tool for construction and development... And when the role of youth is absent from the community arena or misapplied, signs of stagnation accelerate to the nation, tampered with by the hands of decadence, and the wheel of progress stops..♡°

• Dear B, television is a good way to follow the news, but it's not the only one, and not the best. Television selects what they show to you, to make you think as some people want. Humans have become programmed robots, following the same path: consumption. It's this society that television channels advocate, and also some newspapers, magazines, radio channels... So be careful, when you watch television, and when you follow the news in general.

• Person A, I would say that I dis agreed with what had been said because even though the news is nothing to do with you, he will not be able to adapt and live with aplace where he is ignorant of his news and cannot act in place where his news is not known , it is still fun and enjoyable to look in to.
    🌹🌹🌹

• As for Person A, I would like to say that I do not agree with you, because the news is known to be everything that happens and revolves around us in terms of words, actions and events. You say that the news does not interest you, so how do you say that. News is the thing that all people constantly need to know about the latest developments in matters such as the weather or news of important issues such as accidents, which helps them to feel safe at the very least. the scientist. The media contribute to strengthening and consolidating human relations by increasing and empowering social cohesion. If you do not care about the news, how will you know or learn to communicate with people and know the developments around you?

• PERSON A/ İ think that I have nothing to do with it, because at this age I have the mind of a child and the news is working to create the principle of tension and fear in my mind, and it is natural that the message of the media does not reach and understand it as required in my mind

• Person B, I would say I disagree with you because there are many ways to learn about news such as internet and newspapers. Although watching TV is easier for people to understand, in my city it is hard to watch TV for 24 hours due to shortage of electricity , you will wait for more than 10 hours to watch the news broadcast and you will not know the news when it is happened.

• I do not agree with B because I do not think that the best way is television, because with the great development, the trend towards the Internet, mobile devices and social networking sites has become to provide us with news in an easy and fast way, even if we think that we do not follow the news, the news comes to us with this development in the means Social Media

• I do not agree with B because the news on TV may be old and does not talk about what is new, and because the best way is through the Internet, it brings breaking news daily.

• I would say I agree with PERSON C = because it is very important for young people to learn about the news because news is the first pillar, intellectual and extractive structure of minds and to enhance the astonishment of the young people we rely on
    They have to develop the world and themselves too, so it is necessary and important to be aware of what is happening in their world

• welcome ..

I do not agree with person “A” because the news is important. It is true that he feels that it does nothing for him, but he knows it through other people, for example, his father or his mother, by telling him news that has spread and he did not see it, and this news is very important and important to him as well, but because he does not He watches news that he feels is unimportant and unhelpful.
    Thanks .

• PERSON C=I would agree with.
    This is very important,because we must learn about the news at a young age .We must be a role model like Desmond Tutu and Greta Thunberg,who are (who were in Desmond Tutu's case) two amazing people, who fought for equality and the environment.We need to have concentration,have focuseness on the news.Not only because it makes us get more knowledge,it makes us apart of something,and helps us to get more closer to what is happening these days.

• I don't agree with the "a" because the news is very important in our lives, how not?! It is the link between the countries of the world, and through it we exchange experiences and cultures.

• I agree with C, because the youth category is the most important category. You should be aware of the latest world. Life is an important book. We must read its chapters well and understand what is happening in it. Without that news, there are no actions for you or sentimental about what is happening in your world....
    I agree with you..

• PERSON C = I agree with you because knowing what is happening around the world is very important not just for old people but young people too. They can be aware of all important facts and crisis and maybe even help the world in future when they are older.

• I agree with B because we watch everything on TV and this is a good thing, but there are many ways and it is easy to learn the news quickly and easily, such as direct internet, mobile phone or newspapers..

• I agree with B because the best way to learn about the news is to watch TV because through TV people can see the news of the world around them and they can learn about weather conditions, sports news and other things that made TV an important part in every home. It is indispensable because it offers many different, interesting and entertaining programs, and it is an indispensable source of news and advertising.

• I agree with you Person B, because at the present time a lot of rumors and false news have spread on social networking sites and they are misleading to people. As for television and television channels, they are subject to strict control by certain parties such as the state and others. They give truthful news and deny rumors such as national channels to all country, and this is the best way, in my opinion, to obtain the wells, because this is considered a reliable source for obtaining truthful news .

• To Person B, I completely agree with you, because watching the news on television contributes to the maturity of the individual and building his personality, especially the youth, thus gaining them cultural and scientific knowledge.

• "Person A" I would say:It is true that everyone has their own opinion..but news has something to do with all of us. It is responsible for increasing and developing our cultures to increase our awareness and culture by knowing the world's news that surrounds us.

• I do not agree at all with Person A, news is our biggest source of information and it is an effective way to raise people's awareness about a specific topic - and it helps relieve daily pressures and now especially during this period news is a reference for many people because of Omicron and Covid 19 .

• PersoneC= I would like to say I agree with you .Because the news is very important and devotion for the young people because when they watch news or watch what it happining around the world they can in the future make better future and these young people have a big imagination and in the future they can be nott so much poor people and all the people have a work to work in and they can may be many successfull educated people who are grateful to these young people who were watching the news and lifted the future

• After deep thought and deep sequencing, I got beautiful resultsI do not agree with A because it is important to read and watch the news in order to know what is going on around us of civilized, social and cultural information and to make us vigilant about other countries in order to provide us with scientific culture and achieve creativity in multiple areas of life through the exchange of experiences through news

• I disagree with Person A because even though the news may not concern you at the moment it is better to have a broader understanding of the whole situation. Also, the news can always involve some of the time as you can find valuable information for scenarios that you may need to understand better within.

• For Personal B= I would agree because if you watch the news, you will learn what will happen

• I personally disagree with Person B, due to the fact that there are numerous (and more significant) other ways for one to learn more about the news. A newspaper article can be more effective when looking deeply into a topic- it has more information and the stories can be truly expressed with the use of quotes, whereas a television broadcast cannot provide as much detail and can't truly dive deep into the story.

• PERSON B = I would say I agree with you
    Because television contains a sound that the ear can hear and an image that the eye can see, “it is not like the one who saw it.” Rather, a person finds it more difficult to ignore what passes before his eyes than he finds in ignoring what he hears. And when a person sits in a room with a TV, and whatever the importance he is doing, he cannot prevent himself from peeping every now and then to see the image displayed on the screen. While he is influenced by what he sees for reasons that are not related to logic and persuasion.

• Person A: "I don't keep up with the news because it has nothing to do with me," I disagree with this because if you don't keep track of the news sometimes you could miss out on what we need to do to stop COVID-19 or what is going on about all sorts of things. You may need to know because all people at good age to watch the news so then what you can do in the future and to know a lot of facts.

• I disagree with Person C because young people like children might already know that because their parents can tell them the news.

• I completely agree with person C because I think young people to be good citizens want and need To an extent, that means kids must understand what's happening in the world and apply critical-thinking skills to information in all its forms and from all sources. Young only get news from media ( Facebook Live broadcasts, in Twitter conversations) and through other new forms of communication. Young learners needs a new perspective where finding, identifying, evaluating, and using information effectively will be critical.

• To the PERSON C I would say that I agree because if the young people learn about the news, they will become aware of their surroundings and formulate their own opinions on those issues

• If people think a big corporation is being irresponsible you can send emails to the corporation or you could confront them on social media.You could also protest meaning you can get powerful people involved for example the queen

• My response to person B is: although you are partly correct, I believe that there are other more efficient ways of hearing the news. You can read a news paper, or an online article and most of the time, they hold more information about our world.

• To Person C, I would say "I agree with you because I feel that parents do not tell their kids about what is happening around them and only tell them when the situation is at it's worst, this is why it is important to learn about what is happening around us and our families by reading the news. Even if the news does not relate to you, it is always good to stay informed." 😌

• I agree with you, Person "C" because younger people are the future, If they know about the news they might be able to find a solution to it. Since, they have many years to live and discover a lot unlike many adults;the news can also influence their acts in the future.

• I will respond to person A
    I absolutely disagree with you. The news may have nothing to do with you but it is about the world or sometimes the region where you are living so you need to be aware of what's happening and always follow the thread of daily developments so you can know how to talk to people and react to certain things, or how to live depending on the consequences of what's going on

• I agree with person c because if you want to become a reporter you need to know what a reporter's job is like and you need to make sure you really want to become one.

• I would say: "Person C, I completely agree with you because I feel that it is very important for young children to learn about the news. I reinforce this because I think children should know what is happening around the world and not just what is happening in their lives."😌

• I agree with you person C because kids also need to know about the world.

• I agree with Person C since youngsters are very crucial in playing a role in saving the environment when they mature. The way you can do this is by exposing children to the news for them to properly comprehend articles and improve their vocabulary significantly-this will allow the children to be better problem-solvers; it will allow them to become great leaders of a group/society/country and eventually do something to impact the environment positively.

• I would say to Person C, "I would have to agree with you because the younger generation should discover what's happening world wide. Furthermore, our younger generation should learn about what's happening in the news so they could learn about different perspectives about issues around in our world such as: global warming , recycling and air pollution.

• I disagree with PERSON A because you need to watch the news, just because it's boring you still need to watch it. Imagine there was a tornado heading your way and it shows it on the news 'THERE IS A TORNADO HEADING TOWARDS SOUTH AFRICA' and you don't know and there is no alarm what would you do?!

• I disagree with Person A because we should watch the news to stay alert about world wide problems and find ways to solve them. This is why it is important for younger people to learn about the news and be able to solve world problems in the future.

• To person B:
    it's true that TV news channels procure us a lots of informations but internet plays a very important role in passing the report to the reader faster wich makes the news more interesting, some people also prefer reading newspaper because it's tangible so it makes them feel in connection with the news. In conclusion, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to receiving the information since all ways lead to the same results.

• I'm supporting person B.
    Because I think the news on T.V. is almost right , honest and trustworthy . Professional journalists make the useful news.However, we can see now in the varied social media that any one can make more than one personal account and share fake news which spoils the society trend.

• I think I really agree with person C because kids always need to get into the news and explore what is going on in the world. If kids know about the news, then they will be aware of their surroundings and get more interested in the news.

• I would respond to Person A because I totally disagree with them as even though it may have nothing to do with you it might still be interesting to find out what is going on in the world as it is important to know what you might still even be able to do something to support you local community by doing something and you mauy heard about this from the news.

• PERSON (A), I would say "I disagree with you because news has a great relationship in our lives, it is very important in the development and progress of economic and social conditions, the transfer and exchange of civilizations and cultures between peoples, and it is important in knowing the risks that we may face. "

• I do not agree with person C because i think it is not only the source of information that it gives to me, when I do not see the news or listen to it , I think i am different from others , like if i am in other world.

• I liked the opinion of Person C, because it is necessary for young people to know the news because it develops their minds and makes them think about important things for their country and life, and makes them alert and guides them to the right ways. How can we know the news of life, whether economic, social, political, etc. without news? . It is not necessary for him to follow the news on TV, but he can watch it or read it on social networking sites

• I chose personA and their statement in my opinion is very understandable but at the same time complicated.This is because news can teach you about different things that are happening in the world and the news can keep you safe from any dangers that have happened outside

• PERSON C =
    I would say I agree with you as news is extremely important for children as they can learn things to help them in their lives.

Because young people have the ability, strength, energy and vitality that qualifies them to give from their deeds, efforts, determination and patience mature fruits to the nation if they follow the right path set in the direction of development and progress, and make use of their activities for the benefit of them and others, and it is our duty to pay attention to their creativity and capabilities, and make them a link of interdependence between them and the news.

• Person C
    I agree with Person C because it is important for all even us of youth to keep up with news it is also important for all to keep up with the news.

• Person A= I would disagree as the news covers all aspects of life that affect you including worldwide problems. The news applies to you by showing what happens to your job, living conditions and food so you can be educated about a topic and make the appropriate decision.

• I disagree with PERSON B, because watching the news from TV means that there may be news on there that does not interest you or may include things that you find upsetting. I think the best way to find news is to go on the internet or use a kid-friendly newspaper (if you are a young child) or download a trustworthy news app, because news should make you feel intrigued or concerned for a certain cause: not scared or worried.

• PERSON C=
    I would agree as it is great for children to be watching the news and can learn what is going on in the world. This can also positively affect knowledge in school

• PERSON3
    I believe it is good for children to know what is happening in to world like climate change or COVID-19

• Person B , at one time , television was the main source of news .
    Nowadays , after the technological revolution , there are many sources of news , including Facebook , Telegram and other electronic sites that transmit news to us accurately and quickly .

• To Person C, I 100% agree with you because whatever young people decide to do with their life, they will always need to be informed about current affairs. It is really important that we know what is happening in different parts of the world so we can develop compassion and empathy.

• Person A=
    I disagree with this person as it is important for everyone to know what is happening around the world even if it is nothing to do with them. the world doesn't revolve around 1 person but instead many and one could be person A in the future so it is great to keep up with the most recent news so that you know how to respond to it if you are in the news.

• Person C- I agree with you because this is the generation and the world young people will be living in, so they should learn what's going on so they can voice their opinion about it. They also see things that can inspire them or tell them what to do and what not to do.

• I agree with person B because personally i learn more while having visual experience more than hearing words because i am more likely to forget, which the information could come in handy for the future.To add to this statement i would like to say that the incidents which is happening in the current time are crucial points for society in the near future.

• I agree with person C. This is because if young people do not look at today's news, they will not be able to learn from our mistakes and will make the same ones in the future.

• I disagree with person A because the news influences everyone and even if you think that one specific news story doesn't it could one day. Even if it doesn't ever affect you, it is still important to know what is going on in other parts of the world, the news can also impact how you think (for example if your area is in the middle of a heatwave and you haven't read the news then you would not know about other places in the world that were having major heat problems due to global warming).

• To person C, I would say that I agree with you because it is so important that young people know what is happening in their city, country and in the whole world too so that they learn about the news which will help them avoid being isolated from the world. For example, knowing about crimes and conflicts will make them more careful in their lives, and knowing about the good events can change their lives but for this, I think that they should pay more attention to having trusted sites and reliable sources for the news.

• Person B = I would agree and disagree with person B as I believe it is a good way to lean about the news but not the best way. Through television you could reach out to younger children in a way that interests them such as (Newsround): not everyone will watch television or have the access to it so it would not be the best way to reach the community especially communities in a lower class.

• I do not agree in any way with Person A as we all inhabit the same planet and what happens elsewhere will effect all places over the world. When a large scale event occurs, I believe that all people -as long as they have access to a news source- should attempt to create their own understanding about it in order to increase their abilities in later life and help them realise the world in which they live.

• I would respond to Person A because I totally disagree with them:
    Firstly, even though the news is not what you will like to do, you should keep tabs on it so you can be informed of very important news (Covid-19, Politics etc.) while still doing the things you love afterwards.

Secondly, maybe the same news you dont care about will be your career path.