Weall have family members that we care about and we all want to help them in one way or the other. But is there such a thing as too much help? Yes i think so. Powerful people find it extremely easy to give job opportunities to anyone they want. Most of the time, family is the best option. It is perfectly okay to help anyhow you can just as long as you do not cross the line. I believe that simply giving jobs to your family members is not wrong, it should not be condidered as nepotism. It becomes nepotism when you favour them above other people or give them a position that they do not deserve. Why is this bad? I am just helping a family member, i am trying to help them. Nepotism has a lot of bad effects such as:
1. It leads to resentment among employees. When someone is favoured, the other employees may develop a sense of resentment towards them.
2. It leads to incompetency in the work place because incompetent and unworthy people may be given the job.
3. It leads to inferiority complex among other people because they may feel that they are not good enough but in reality the only thing they do not have is special connections.
4. It leads to high rate of unemployment especially among the common people because they do not have any special ties with anyone powerful.
Helping is good, but nepotism is not. There is a limit and most people do not understand that. There are ways that people can help without engaging in nepotism such as:
1. Simply suggesting the family member without any further help.
2. Training the family member to be able to handle the job.
3. Making sure that the family member follows due process in the process of the audition and does not cut any corners.
There is a thin line b etween helping and nepotism. People need to learn the differnce or it could affect more people than they think.