Expert challenge: Nepotism and equality

Joe Burton has thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments on the Hub and has decided to set you a challenge! Play the video to find out about what he’d like you to discuss next.

Comments (46)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Is it OK to use nepotism?
    In my opinion it be both a blessing and a curse . On one hand, having family members in the workplace can create a cozy, warm feeling of trust and familiarity. After all, who doesn't love working with their loved ones? But on the other hand, nepotism can be a real pain in the you-know-what when it comes to attracting top talent. If potential recruits feel like they can't climb the corporate ladder without being related to the boss, they're likely to take their talents elsewhere.

So, what's a company to do? Well, instead of relying on nepotism to fill positions, it's time to set some clear guidelines around hiring and advancement practices. Let's prioritize skills and experience above all else, shall we? That way, we can attract the best and brightest, regardless of their last name. It's time to put nepotism in its place and let talent shine.

1. You are right and your solution to the problem is wonderful... but it needs to be implemented, so does the company's manager make a promise to make his son the head of it due to nepotism, why not? There are many workers, and they are more deserving of assuming that position. We did not rely on expertise here, because assuming the position after your father's death, Korth gets it.... Do you consider it nepotism? Do you have another opinion?

1. Well, I must say it really depends on the specific circumstances. If the individual concerned has gotten his stripes and proves that he can handle the responsibilities that come with running a business, his appointment as president will not be considered nepotism but rather the rightful to hold the position. However, if said individual lacks experience or expertise in the field and is given the position solely because of their family ties without the appropriate qualifications and experience, then it is in fact nepotism and can be detrimental to the success of the company.
        But let's not forget the golden rule of business - skills and abilities should always trump family relationships. We need transparency and fairness in the workplace to create a healthy work environment and ensure equal opportunities for all employees. So, my friend, the answer to your question is not black and white, but rather a shade of grey. It all depends on the specific circumstances.
        In conclusion, let's keep it professional. Nepotism may seem like a shortcut to success, but in reality, it can be detrimental to the success of the company. So, let's prioritize skills and abilities over family ties and create a level playing field for everyone. After all, a little bit of fairness goes a long way in the business world .

2. The Sudanese Justice and Equality Movement welcomes
      Political honesty
      Press Statement
      The Justice and Equality Movement welcomes the Jeddah Declaration signed between the armed forces and the Rapid Support Forces. The signing of this declaration is a step in the right direction to stop this war, from which we only reap loss of life, destruction, devastation, tragedies, blood and tears.
      We strongly look forward to the two parties' commitment to respecting international humanitarian law, international human rights law, and all the provisions of the Declaration that oblige the parties to protect civilians and civil lands.
      The aspirations of the Sudanese people remain that the negotiations between the parties will continue with a high national responsibility to reach a permanent ceasefire and strong and effective monitoring mechanisms, so that the way is paved for a comprehensive political dialogue to resolve the political crisis with the participation of all relevant political forces.
      There is no choice for the people of the same country but constructive national dialogue, always looking at the supreme interest of the country, and stopping all forms of negative mobilization, and working to strengthen, glorify and support the voices that call for an immediate cessation of war, and no voice is louder than the voice of stopping the war.
      Let these tragedies that we have committed with our own hands, and the horrific devastation that we have caused, let them serve as an admonition to us and consideration in the national construction process that awaits us all. No matter how many misfortunes become apparent, we are all hopeful, and our hope with God remains and is certain that comprehensive peace will prevail in our beloved country.

3. I really agree with you that nepotism is a blessing and a curse, as it is nice to have your family around you, not necessarily for selfish interests, perhaps to have fun with him or to take care of you if you are sick, etc. But really, this is one of the duties of your colleagues and your manager who are around you. I would like to note that in order for the work to be successful And useful, the team (employees, managers) should be as one family, cooperative and loving. If this is the case, then nepotism will be a curse on people's lives. I only think that these are the foundations of a successful team, so I stress the importance of cooperation

• Is it okay to use nepotism? . Of course not, because this is something that is unfair. and unfair to many graduates. Either I refuse or accept the work of my dreams if a member of my family helps me? Well, he will ask me to conduct a job interview with me and ask me some questions, meaning a job exam, and if I am deserving, then he must hire me But if I am not like that, mean I simply failed the job exam, he can reject me because there are people who are more deserving of this job than me, and I believe in that. Will I refuse to help a family member that is seen as nepotism? Mmmm, I will sit with him, and I will tell him that I will not hire him if he does not pass the employment test I will not make him work , but if he succeeds, I will hire him, not because I am close to him, but because he deserves it.
    This is my opinion.
    Thanks .

1. Certainly, the use of favoritism is unacceptable in all respects, and it cannot be used under the argument that the end justifies the means.
      The use of favoritism in any society reflects its morals, the extent of the proper upbringing of the society, and the extent to which members of the society are able to achieve themselves and their aspirations without relying on others.

2. This is a great idea, and I agree with you to treat him like any person who wants a job, but when you sit with him and tell him that he must pass the job test like others, don't you think he can understand that in another way, for example, and become envious and hate you? In my opinion it can

3. I agree with your points, because nepotism is an act of showing inequality and unfair advantage to one’s family and friends, so in my own opinion it is never okay to use nepotism because the act of not being fair would affect people and make them feel less important and inferior so for this nepotism is never the right answer to help instead try to be fair and unbiased
      If I was offered my dream job and I know I am not capable of it and worthy of the position I would refuse it and instead go for a lower position.
      If I the opportunity to help a family member and it is seen as nepotism I would not help I will just try my best to help everyone the same way and according to their capabilities and qualifications

4. There is no benefit in setting regulations, laws, and deterrent penalties if they are not adhered to. Clubs must get used to respecting regulations and laws, no matter how strict they are, and because this is considered one of the reasons for achieving justice and equality, and making the sports movement organized and free from the digestion of rights and far from discrimination between clubs.

• I think that nepotism should not be used if the person is not worthy of the work and will not be able to do it to the fullest, but if family members help someone to get to work and this person is trustworthy, then I think that is possible. So, in the end, I think we have to think about the public interest of work before we We put anyone even if it's from our family

• I completely reject any form of nepotism, even if I need work and money, I will not accept a job that they put me into through nepotism, and I also refuse for others to work through nepotism, even if my brother wants a job, he must take the employment test like other people and not interfere In his acceptance of the managers, this is correct.

• I will reject any job opportunity that is based on favoritism, even if this opportunity I hope to get it, because from my point of view if you have a dream, you should strive to achieve it and not depend on one of your friends or your father or mother to get it, because as said by Vikram Chatual: "Nepotism is sometimes a losing case."

1. Sure, as an individual with a strong moral foundation, accepting a job on the basis of favoritism might make you feel a little guilty, but if this is really your dream job, evaluate the situation carefully ! Think of the potential benefits it can bring you professionally! You have to trust your abilities and skills, since it is your dream job then you are able to make valuable contributions to this company, accept the position, plan to work well, exceed all expectations to prove your worth in this job based on your own merits, develop yourself and make yourself able to carry this the responsibility .

• Well, nepotism pervades all countries in the survival of the entire world, so nepotism has become a norm in society... But (Would you turn down your dream job or opportunity if a family member helps you get it?) My answer //

It is the opportunity of my life and my dream job. I will accept it. I don't mind helping a member of my family..but I will say: you have to ask me some questions and do some tests..but when a member of my family helps me get a job, I will not shame them...but I strive to get the job with all merit and confidence.. .

But if his assistance is that I shall get a job without taking an examination, I shall surely refuse... We do not have to exaggerate the matter, but I shall tell him to take an examination for me and I shall be due from him... Thus, we will not have to use nepotism that spreads widely, but whatever I think, I do not find a convincing way to prevent nepotism once and for all, except for the work of private organizations that fight this form, which is considered a form of corruption ....Mr. Joe. what your opinion .Do you have other ideas?!...

In the end, this topic inspired me. I will ask some questions in my school and share them with you. Perhaps they will some ideas convince us we get rid of this widespread phenomenon ...
    Thanks

• 1- Although nepotism is generally looked down upon, i feel some situations may be acceptable, such as in small, family-run businesses that want to prioritize hiring people with whom they have a personal connection.
    2- Well it depends, why did i say so? most people get jobs through their personal networks - family, friends, etc. So there is nothing inherently wrong in being offered an opportunity because of who you know or who knows you. Unless of course, there was coercion or the promise of unjust business merits to your employer if you were hired.

• The use of nepotism.... I can only say that it is a virus that spreads in society, because now I see that someone says no to nepotism, and if he has the opportunity to work in his dream job at the expense of others, what might prevent him from agreeing, because everything he does did not prevent others from stopping, it is his chance Why doesn't he agree? From personal experience, I would like to say that he will refuse if he experiences the feeling of injustice that happened to him because of the nepotism. As for family members, we see many companies in which nepotism may spread. The one who deserves promotion is for his diligence. If my brother asks me to hire him at the expense of another employee, I will refuse because I have to My brother is self-reliant, and if he feels sad, I will tell him that I am your sister at home. As for work, there is nothing called my brother. He is employed at the expense of others. Work is work. My employment for you may be bad. It will make you persist in being your sister and forget work ethics, which will cause losses. You did not get it, I can appoint you as a trainee under my supervision, and this will give you the opportunity to learn more about the field of business and the competition of companies to hire you.

• Hi there! I'll answer your questions

1. Is it ever OK to use nepotism?

Nepotism means giving someone a job or opportunity based on their family connections rather than their qualifications or abilities. It is generally not okay to use nepotism because it can be unfair to other people who are more qualified and didn't get the same chance. It also doesn't help the person who got the job or opportunity if they don't have the skills or experience to do well in that position.

2. Would you refuse your dream job or opportunity if a family member helped you get it?

It's important to be grateful for any opportunities we receive, but it's also important to make sure we deserve them. If you know that you got the job or opportunity solely because of a family member's influence and not because of your own qualifications or abilities, it might be better to decline it. This will show that you value fairness and integrity and want to succeed based on your own merits.

3. Would you refuse to help a family member with an opportunity if it was seen as nepotism?

If a family member asks for your help getting a job or opportunity, it's important to consider whether they're qualified and deserving of that opportunity. If you think that they're not the best fit for the job or that others might be more qualified, it might not be a good idea to help them. However, if you believe that they're a good fit and would excel in the role, then it's okay to offer support and help them achieve their goals.

1. Establishing justice and equality and fulfilling the rights of its people is one of the reasons for the strength and progress of states. Ibn Taymiyyah said that the reward in this world is agreed upon by the people of the earth. People did not dispute that the consequence of injustice is dire and that the consequence of justice is generous, and for this it is narrated (God supports the just state, even if it is infidel, and does not support the unjust state, even if she was a believer

• Great question! Nepotism means giving advantages or opportunities to family members just because they are related to us. It's important to understand that while it might seem like a good thing for the person receiving the opportunity, it can be unfair to others who didn't have the same advantage.

To answer your first question, it's not really okay to use nepotism. It's always better to earn opportunities based on our own skills and hard work, rather than relying on someone else to give us special treatment. However, I will end up getting a dream job or opportunity with the help of a family member, it's important to make sure that I'm still work hard and earn it through my own efforts.

For your second question, refusing to help a family member with an opportunity that is seen as nepotism might be the right thing to do. While it might seem like I'm not helping them, in the long run it's better for everyone to earn opportunities based on their own abilities. I can still support their family member by encouraging them to work hard and develop their skills so that they can achieve success on their own merit.

Remember, it's always important to do the right thing, even if it's not the easy thing to do.

• No, It is never ok to use nepotism because if a person uses nepotism to get something people will be saying the person is a spoiled child that uses their parents fame and fortune to get what they want.
    yes, I would refuse my dream job or opportunity if a family member helped me to get it because I want to earn the opportunity by myself and if I accept the offer people that really needed the job will be left jobless and they will say that I am a nepo-baby which is not good and I will feel like being given that opportunity is not as a result of my ability or capability but because of my family influence.
    Yes & No, Yes if the family member is qualified for the job I will give him the opportunity. While no if the family member isn't qualified for the job I will give it the opportunity to the person that really deserves it.

1. I agree with what you said because it may be easy for the child to get an opportunity because of family connections but it affects the child's reputation in future especially if they have perceived to have received a job based on family connections rather than their own merits. I agree to your comment that stated, giving a family member an opportunity if they are really talented is acceptable. It's appropriate to consider them as an candidate but it's important to ensure that selection process should be transparent and fair according to their merits.Professionalism is very important in all aspects of life. For instance, if a company is hiring a job and the owner's son applies for the job in their own company, in this situation even if the son of the company is really talented, the company should consider all the aspiring candidates without any bias to the owner's son. And even if the job is given to the child based on family connections, it not only affects other capable candidates rather it affects the child's own reputation as I mentioned earlier. Because if a child experiences various forms of nepotism in their life when growing, it can develop a sense of dependency in the child on their family connections, so this can lack motivation and courage to face obstacles so ultimately it can limit the child's potential.

• I do not think it is ever ok to use nepotism because if you are successful and one of your family members asks you for help for them to get a job and you decide to help him/her, And if he gets the job, then other family members would also come and ask you for help and they would also stop trying to get jobs because they think you would always help them and so they would always rely on you.
    Yes I would refuse my dream job if a family member helped me to get it because, That would mean I did not work for it and I don't deserve it and I would also feel like I cheated a lot of people because they might have been more qualified than me and th

• Hi joe, I would like to answer your first question.
    Is it ok to use nepotism?
    No, I think that it would not be ok to use nepotism because if you use nepotism on some people it would make other people look like they are not special and that can lead to the destruction of societies internally, also when performing nepotism you influence other people who treated people equally to start practicing nepotism, and from there most people will become people who perform nepotism constantly and that can lead to the destruction of plenty countries all around the world.

• I do not think it is ever ok to use nepotism because if you are successful and one of your family members asks you for help to get a job and you decide to help him/her, if he gets the job, then other family members would also come and ask you for help and they would also stop trying to get jobs because they think you would always help them and so they would always rely on you.
    Yes I would refuse my dream job if a family member helped me to get it because, That would mean I did not work for it and I don't deserve it and I would also feel like I cheated a lot of people because they might have been more qualified than me and they might have worked very hard just to the opportunity.
    Yes I will refuse to help my family members because as I said above, if were to help them, they will start to rely on me too much. I also think a better way to help your family members will be for me to give them money to start up their own business and this will also help other unemployed people because my family members will employ them.

• I do not think it is ever ok to use nepotism, Because it is unfair, If your family member is looking for a job but other individuals are better than him but you decided to choose your family member to work for you. This is one of the reason why people engage in bad acts because they did not get the job they deserve as a result of nepotism.
    Yes, I would refuse it because people would see it as nepotism and the individual will be talking bad about your family member because maybe the person is far better than the family member you employed, but because he is not your relative you denied him that is the reason I called it nepotism.
    Yes I would refuse him the job opportunities because people will see him as he is not self reliable, hard working, and it is not justice

• No, it's never ok.

This is a difficult question indeed. However, I would refuse such offer because I believe in merit. if our society is to do away with mediocrity and incompetence, nepotism must be rejected at all cost. Every sane society tries to make life better for its citizenry but such can never be achieved if nepotism is part and parcel of our career life. I'd rather boast of my job gotten based on merit than have my head down cast because I was helped out while those that merited it are out there.

Yes, I would refuse to help a family member with an opportunity if it was seen as nepotism because if I do, I would be guilty of any failure recorded in the society as a result of incompetence. for instance, in a situation where I help my family member to secure a job in a construction company as a half-baked structural engineer, any time a building designed by him fails and probably loss of lives are recorded, I will be as guilty as the culprit. therefore, I will always encourage my family members to get jobs based on merit.

1. I disagree with you, because my family member worked hard to get the job for me so I really appreciate it because my parents always tell me that appreciation is a good 👍😊 thank

• Well, the concept itself refers to something that is done behind the scenes like it's a shame. However, if had a job interview and the interviewer was a relative of mine and then I was selected, I would enjoy the opportunity because I know that I meet the qualifications. Nonetheless, if I came out of the interview realizing that I'm not for it because I didn't do well and at the same time, there was a friend whom I know is brilliant and suits the vacant then I would probably refuse the chance if selected as I'm not competent enough and will make some problems as I don't have the exact qualifications. For the last question, from my humble point of view, accepting or rejecting a family member depends on his/her competency and qualifications first and foremost. As every opportunity had some criteria that the applicants must follow, so who meet these criteria will be hired whether she/he is a relative or not.

• I believe it is essential to prioritize meritocracy and fair competition in all aspects of business.
    Any situation that could be remotely perceived as favoritism should be avoided at all costs, as this practice undermines the value of hard work and expertise. When I refuse help from a family member or friend, this is a positive sign of integrity and professionalism. However, it is also important to remember that there may be situations in which help from a relative or friend can still be valuable as long as it follows established standards and guidelines.
    In the end, ethics should be your guiding light. If you always do the right thing, you will earn the trust, respect and credibility of your colleagues and clients. And who knows? Perhaps you will even inspire them to follow in your footsteps 🤷🏼‍♀️.

• I do not want to show myself as an angel and say that I will refuse the opportunity to work if there is nepotism in it, so I will tell the truth, which is that I will accept the job even though I know that this behavior is wrong, but there is no way out, as there are not many job opportunities in this time

• Is it ever ok to use nepotism?
    Nepotism is the act of favouring your relatives, friends and associates especially by giving them jobs. It is actually not wrong to help out a friend or family member when they are in need, infact it is very thoughtful. But it becomes questionable when you favour them above others who deserve the position you gave to them. It is wrong to kick out competent people and bring in someone else just because you are related. Hiring your relatives the right way improves trust and family bonds but the problem starts when you begin to favour them above others and give them things they do not deserve. Nepotism could be good to an extent but it becomes a problem when it is taken too far. Most people do not even care about the others, all they want is to make their relatives happy, but they can be happy without going to such extents. Simply giving them a job that they are competent enough for the right way could make them happy. This is my opinion.

• 1.Is it ever OK to use nepotism?- I think that it is okay to use nepotism in few cases I will provide you with an example to give strength to my opinion for instance when a famous cricketer is providing his child few tips about cricket and sharing his valuable experiences to him he even took him to the cricket fields and showed him the best techniques in batting and bowling when the child grows up and becomes a cricketer the teachings of his father will be very useful for him and will stay as an advantage to him in this case, I think that the act of nepotism done by the cricketer is fare because he is only providing his child with information and knowledge which every parent will award to their children so here nepotism is OK.
    2.Would you refuse your dream job or opportunity if a family member helped you get it?- first if it is my dream job then I would be working really hard on it and try to become an expert in that field and spent my entire life on it fixing it as my career so if that family member is helping me to get that job then I will only get their guidance but not accept the entire job itself.

• Yes and No depending on the situation.
    I can accept my dream job offer from a family member if i know i am qualified for it and i will use my skills to bring development to the organization but i will reject the offer if i know i don't have the skills to do the job offered to me because it will slow down the progress of the organization.
    I will help a family member even if it is seen as nepotism if that person is qualified for the job even if it seen as nepotism because i know his/her skills will bring great achievement to the organization. But if the person is not qualified for the job i'll not help him, i will rather give the opportunity to the most qualified person even if the person is not a family member.

• First: Favoritism affects the systems of social values ​​and morals, weakens trust between rulers and the ruled, disturbs the system of social justice, and stands in the way of progress and political, economic and voluntary reform. It also weakens the social body and fragments its interdependence and makes mistrust the basis that governs public and private relations.
    Second: Achieving a balance between work and life is very important, and many companies raise that goal. Drexler explains in an article on CNBC that if you say that you are looking for a balance between work and life, this immediately translates to “I want To be social and I will only stay during work hours and then I will leave on time. Third: Yes, I will refuse to help a family member with an opportunity if it is seen as nepotism because if I did, I would be guilty of any failure recorded in society as a result of incompetence.

1. Do you agree with Drexler adventurous_cicada? What are the other reasons why people want a work and life balance?

1. There are several reasons why people seek work and life balance, including:

1. Improved mental health: When a person has a healthy balance between their work and personal life, they tend to experience less stress and burnout, leading to improved mental health.

2. Enhanced physical health: A balanced lifestyle allows individuals to prioritize self-care activities such as exercise, healthy eating, and getting enough sleep, which can help them maintain good physical health.

3. Stronger relationships: When people have more time for their family and friends, they can strengthen their relationships, leading to greater happiness and sense of fulfillment.

4. Better job performance: When individuals have a balanced lifestyle, they tend to be more productive and focused at work, leading to better job performance and increased job satisfaction.

5. Personal growth: A balanced lifestyle can provide individuals with the time and energy to focus on personal development activities, such as learning new skills or pursuing hobbies, which can lead to increased self-awareness and personal growth.

• Nepotism means favoring relatives or personal friends because of their kinship rather than their aptitude.
    1.Is it ever OK to use nepotism?
    No, because it is a scourge that we must stand up to, as it is a form of corruption that threatens societies.
    2. Would you refuse your dream job or opportunity if a family member helped you get it?
    Yes, I strongly refuse because the idea of ​​getting a job with the help of a relative that is not our efforts will make us feel remorse and that we are in a place we do not deserve.
    3.Would you refuse to help a family member with an opportunity if it was seen as nepotism?
    I will not accept, because that leads to killing talents and depriving people of the right to equal opportunities.
    Favoritism spreads negligence at work, laziness of employees, and widespread unemployment.
    Therefore, people must be made aware of its effects and punish the perpetrators.

• No because nepotism is illegal because allowing personal relationship personal relationship so influence decision making create severe consequences for companies. No I will not refuse r it because my family members worked hard to get it so it will be wrong of me because it was not part of my parents upbringing

1. I disagree with you , accepting a job you know you’re not qualified for? That is a very wrong thing to do because your qualifications is not up to the standard required, you only got the job through connections, and with this you will only affect the company’s progress and prevent others that applied and are more qualified for the work but didn’t get the job.because they have no connections.

• In my point of view I see that nepotism contradict with quahtg if nepotism is considered a legal way we'll see that must jobs and functions in a country are limited to a few families and as a result we will lose efficiency and complete.

• It's understandable to feel conflicted about accepting help from a family member to get a job. On one hand, it can be seen as an advantage that others may not have. On the other hand, it's important to ensure that you are qualified and deserving of the position.

Regarding refusing to help someone get a job due to nepotism, that is a responsible stance to take. Nepotism can harm both the organization and its employees by promoting people based on personal connections rather than qualifications and merit. It's important to promote a fair and ethical hiring process that values skills and abilities above familial ties.

1. Yes, I agree with you that the job must be taken by one with many abilities and talents, and he must have experience, whether he is an ordinary person, a famous son, or the son of a high-ranking person

• First.... hello👋
    💫 Favoritism was previously defined as: favoring relatives or personal friends because of their kinship, not their competence.
    💫And sometimes many people resort to using nepotism....and I see that this act is similar to cheating....and what I mean is that it is wrong❌
    💫 For me, if one of my relatives asked me to be a mediator for me to earn something or to be employed in a profession....... I would refuse because it diminishes my capabilities, and I see that if a person wants something, he must work hard to get it without using the help of others... Some of those who will help may keep you in this help for the rest of your life.
    💫 Among its negative effects: the success of students with weak levels, which leads to the destruction of societies.. lowering the morale of students with high levels..
    💫 If this relative really wants to help me, he can help me, for example, in studying and doing well for this thing and staying away from mediocrity and nepotism.
    🔚 Thank you very much😊
    And bye 👋
    We have to stop nepotism

• Favoritism is unfair and wrongs people with abilities, talents, and deep experiences, and many, only because they do not have an intermediary, while the son of a famous person or a son of high positions is not wronged, so I will explain my words through an example. There are two people, the first of whom is an ordinary person and the other is the son of a senior president. They went to apply for a job. The average person was talented and had a lot of capabilities and experience in this field, and he was fit for the job. The other, who is the son of a president, has little capabilities in this field, but he was accepted and the ordinary person was rejected, although he Distinguished and excellent in the field only because heHe has no nepotism, he was rejected, and so is the unfair favoritism. Unfortunately, this is what is happening in our present time

• There is a major difference between nepotism and just helping someone as a mere act of kindness. Nepotism is when you favour a person due to their ancestors or other reasons which can vary. Helping someone is to make something easier for someone else to do by providing additional resources or services. Some may tend to misinterpret these two words and go over the border or boundary of what is classified as nepotism or a favour. I would like to see which of the two it truly is based on context. On another topic headed under the title Nepotism, their was a story about a girl called Ema. Many users on the hub disagreed with step 8 by saying that Ema's dad should not have picked her for the main role in the action series. It depends entirely on what happened beforehand. If Ema's dad set up this on purpose to give Ema the opportunity to explore different roles in the drama field, this is a favour and an act of kindness to just help her career field in the future. If Ema's dad was already a director that had already planned the movie before his daughter's interest in being an actor, then if she was the chosen one, this would be considered nepotism. In some circumstances, Ema may be the best at acting but it is too much of a coincidence and rarely the case for other people. So, in principle, people should distinguish the border line between nepotism and an act of kindness before criticising people because they are favoured more than others.

• For me, it is unacceptable to use nepotism for personal interests. If I am offered a tempting opportunity to achieve my dream without getting tired, I may feel guilty or refuse because hard work is never wasted. And evaluate it so that I do not use nepotismRather, make him diligent and persistent in his work without hurting his feelings

• NEPOTISM AND EQUALITY?

I do not believe that nepotism is acceptable. My reasoning behind this is the fact that it is unfair to many graduates and people looking for jobs. An example of this is when people who have worked hard for a long time or are highly qualified in their particular field, are not chosen for a job. However, another person who may not be as well qualified in their work field got the job, due to nepotism. This would be extremely frustrating and would show favouritism over meritocracy.

If a family member helped me get my dream job I would accept it, if I was suitably qualified for the position. However, if another person was better qualified for the job, whether it was because of their merits/experience, I would refuse that opportunity. I believe that nepotism should not be needed as companies should rely on peoples’ experience and abilities, rather then whether they are related or not.

I would refuse to help a family member if it was seen as nepotism because it creates an unfair society, restricts social mobility and decreases the amount of opportunities given to certain people, just because they are not related to you.

Thank you!

• Is the use of favoritism acceptable? Really, I don't think, because it blurs all the faces of the qualified, and then the opportunity goes to those who don't deserve it. It's painful, but if we use nepotism in the opposite way, for example: one of your relatives is a person with energy, competence, sincere and hardworking, and he is smart. He graduated from school with a good rate, but you see him. He is unemployed and tries a lot, but he cannot find any work due to the phenomenon of nepotism. Then you can provide him with the opportunity.. Would you accept the job that you dreamed of if one of your relatives provided it for you? Of course, I will not accept it, and perhaps I will file a lawsuit against him, because this is called corruption, and corruption is punishable by law, and the law is above all. I really want this job. I will work hard until I acquire the required skills, and then go for the test. If I do not pass, I will acquire new skills until I submit another job test. If I feel that there is nepotism or corruption in the committee, I will contact the police and file a report so that they open an investigation committee and get rid of it. Of all the corrupt.. Would you accept to provide assistance to one of your relatives in obtaining an opportunity? As I said earlier, he must be qualified, and all I will do is submit his name to the employment exam and check the conditions to be completely fair, and visit the Correction and Interview Committee more than once as a kind of oversight to ensure that justice is established and that my relative got a job with his efforts and abilities

• I do not accept being employed by nepotism, even if it is the job of my dreams, because this is unfair and unfair, and I will feel guilty throughout my life, that I am a liar, and that I do not deserve this job, and others deserve it, and this is more correct, that the person who deserves the profession is the one who is employed because he studied many years, almost 4 or 5 years, unfortunately I always see nepotism in my eyes, and I cannot change anything because I am simply too young for this thing, and I see people from families who have graduated from medicine and engineering while they are unemployed, and others are employed in this field. I see sadness in their eyes and regret. I hope that safety and honesty prevail in society

• Well, I must say it really depends on the specific circumstances. If the individual concerned has gotten his stripes and proves that he can handle the responsibilities that come with running a business, his appointment as president will not be considered nepotism but rather the rightful to hold the position. However, if said individual lacks experience or expertise in the field and is given the position solely because of their family ties without the appropriate qualifications and experience, then it is in fact nepotism and can be detrimental to the success of the company

• hell...Nepotism refers to the practice of favoring or granting advantages to family members in various contexts, including job opportunities and professional advancement. It involves using personal relationships and connections instead of merit and qualifications.
    Regarding the dilemma of accepting a job or opportunity if it is facilitated by a family member, it is important to consider the principles of fairness, meritocracy, and personal growth. While family support and connections can be valuable, it is crucial to ensure that the opportunity is earned based on one's own abilities and qualifications. Relying solely on familial relationships for success can undermine the principles of equal opportunity and undermine personal growth and self-esteem.
    Similarly, when it comes to assisting a family member in obtaining an opportunity, it is important to differentiate between genuine support and nepotism. If the assistance is solely based on personal relationships and not on the individual's skills and qualifications, it can be perceived as nepotism and may lead to negative consequences for both parties involved.

It is essential to strive for a fair and level playing field, where opportunities are awarded based on merit and competency rather than familial connections. By upholding principles of transparency, fairness, and equal opportunity, we can promote a more just and inclusive society.

thank you.

• 1.While nepotism is generally frowned upon, there may be some situations where it is acceptable. For example, if a family member is truly qualified for a position and there is no one else who is better suited for the job, then it may be acceptable to hire them. However, it is important to be transparent about the hiring process and to ensure that the hiring decision is made based on merit, rather than personal relationships.

2 .I think it would depend on the situation. If I felt that I was truly qualified for the job and that my family member was simply helping me get my foot in the door, then I would accept the opportunity. However, if I felt that I was not qualified for the position and that my family member was simply using their influence to get me the job, then I would probably decline the offer.

3.I would be hesitant to help a family member if it was seen as nepotism, as I would not want to compromise my own professional reputation or the reputation of the organization I work for. However, if I felt that my family member was truly qualified for the opportunity and that their involvement would not compromise the integrity of the organization, then I would consider helping them.

• 1.While nepotism is generally frowned upon, there may be some situations where it is acceptable. For example, if a family member is truly qualified for a position and there is no one else who is better suited for the job, then it may be acceptable to hire them. However, it is important to be transparent about the hiring process and to ensure that the hiring decision is made based on merit, rather than personal relationships.

2 .I think it would depend on the situation. If I felt that I was truly qualified for the job and that my family member was simply helping me get my foot in the door, then I would accept the opportunity. However, if I felt that I was not qualified for the position and that my family member was simply using their influence to get me the job, then I would probably decline the offer.

3.I would be hesitant to help a family member if it was seen as nepotism, as I would not want to compromise my own professional reputation or the reputation of the organization I work for. However, if I felt that my family member was truly qualified for the opportunity and that their involvement would not compromise the integrity of the organization, then I would consider helping them.

• Nepotism means favouring someone more than his/her capabilities...It challenges the merit of a society..Nepotism is often considered unethical and immoral practice ..It shows the double standards of a society..It is a practice of favouritism based on kinship...
    In nepotism ,we use our power or position to appoint our relatives or friends for work without focusing on their qualification and abilities over the qualified one's.
    It is well said by Daniel Alarcon that
    "Nepotism is the lowest and least imagination form of corruption"
    It kills the merit of our society and frustrates people ....According to my point of view ,Nepotism is both boon and curse for a society..It acts as a double-edge sword that if not handed properly,can damage severely...
    In my point of view Nepotism is not acceptable and should be stopped now.

• When it comes to nepotism, opinions can vary. Let's delve into the questions posed by Joe:

Is it ever OK to use nepotism?
    The acceptability of nepotism is a matter of perspective and context. In some cases, it may be considered acceptable or even beneficial. For example, in small family-owned businesses or certain cultural contexts, nepotism might be seen as a way to maintain family ties and ensure trust in the organization. However, in many professional settings, nepotism is generally frowned upon as it can undermine fairness, meritocracy, and equal opportunity.

Would you refuse your dream job or opportunity if a family member helped you get it?
    This is a personal decision that depends on individual values and principles. Some individuals might choose to accept the opportunity, seeing it as a way to advance their career and leverage their connections. Others may refuse, believing that it is important to secure opportunities based on their own merits rather than familial connections. Ultimately, it is crucial to consider the potential impact on one's professional reputation and the fairness of the selection process.

Would you refuse to help a family member with an opportunity if it was seen as nepotism?
    Again, this is a subjective decision. Some individuals may feel uncomfortable participating in or enabling nepotism, as it can undermine fairness and create a perception of favoritism. Others may prioritize supporting their family members and believe that the value of familial relationships outweighs concerns about nepotism. Striking a balance between personal values, fairness, and maintaining family relationships can be a challenging decision.

It's important to read and consider other people's ideas on this matter. Different perspectives can shed light on various ethical, cultural, and practical considerations surrounding nepotism. Engaging in open and respectful discussions can help foster a deeper understanding of the topic and potentially lead to suggestions or alternatives that promote fairness, meritocracy, and equal opportunity.

Please note that these responses are general in nature and not specific to any individual's circumstances.

• Nepotism: seen as unfair but fulfilling. But is it OK? Yes. And no. There are many occasions that nepotism is OK- and some where it's not. Personally, I think that if someone uses nepotism for something miniscule and irrelevant; it could be viewed as absolutely fine! For example if my Dad was a famous, well-known director and since he was my Dad, he gave me the lead role. That would not be okay. I would get paid an abundant amount and my 'talents' would be recognized. I could be stealing someone's dream! However if my Dad just hired me to collect coffee, since it is a minor job and I could earn some qualifications from it, that would be acceptable.

If I got found my dream job, and I had the opportunity to actually achieve it- but one of my family members had helped me; I would still accept it. At the end of the day, it's my dream job. If I had worked hard enough for it and had the qualifications, I deserve it. Who cares if someone had helped me? 61.3% of employees have had an experience of nepotism in their work place. It is seemingly a common occurance. Surely, we could cut down on all the major ones, like the CEO's son taking over the business and there is someone who deserves it more. The little things, however, can be really beneficial!

• Why are people against nepotism?
    Let’s get the definition of Nepotism first, “it is the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs”.
    Now, imagine yourself applying for a job in a company. You possess all qualification and skills which make you perfect choice for the role. You are about to get the offer but, another candidate say A comes and he turned out to be a relative of company’s director. Even you had everything in your favour, you lost the offer. Why? Just because A was a relative and given priority over you. How do you feel?
    The same goes into Bollywood, Politics, Government Jobs and many other places. I am not saying that the other person can not be talented but, he should be judged like everyone else. Giving priority and selecting relatives over other eligible candidates can spoil others career and life. We have many example of nepotism in bollywood and politics like Suraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty, Prateek Babbar etc.
    I hope you got my point.

• No, because nepotism will only build bad relations since It is not a good character.
    It depends, If within me I know I deserve the job, I would take It If not, I would give others the opportunity they deserve.
    Yes, I would, I believe In fair and just dealings. If a person deserves and qualifies for a post or job then It should be given to that person

1. I agree because... Everone deserves to be treated EQUALLY if we keep acting with NEPOTISM it could make hatred INSTANTLY

• I THINK EVERY ONE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY . NEPOTISM IS NORMALLY SEEN IN ACT WHEN YOU HAVE RELATIONS BETWEEN SOMEONE. FOR EXAMPLE YOU HAVE GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A JOB AND YOUR FATHER HELPED A FRIEND OUT SOMETIME AGO NOW, THE SAME PERSON IS THE CEO OF A COMPANY SO YOU GO FOR A JOB APPOINT MENT AT THAT COMPANY.NOW THE INSTANT YOU ARE DONE WITH THE JOB APPPOINTMENT YOU CAN GET HIRED INSTANTLY BECAUSE YOUR FATHER HAS HELPED THE PERSON SO THIS IS WHAT WE CAL L BUISINESS RELATION . NEPOTISM IS NOR MAL WE CAN CHOOOSE FAVORATES AT EACH TIME IT IS JUST APART OF LIFE

• In my opinion , Nepotism is not acceptable because it is based or chosing someone for reason other than merit.It is basically form of favouritism.nepotism can give unfair advantages to family members or friends.Leading to unfair advantages and promotion .But unfortunately in our country in every department nepotism is used.A person who don't have any refferance cannot get good jobs.Even he/she is highly educated.This lead to dissapoint many people.