It was great to see how ambitious you all are through your entries to last week’s competition. We have no doubt that you’ll keep working hard to achieve those dream jobs! Our winners, for their fantastic and clear explanations, were…
wondrous_flight of Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School in Occupied Palestinian Territory, who wants to make the future of fashion more sustainable
selfassured_mode of Joypurhat Girls' Cadet College in Bangladesh, who wants to make engineering more environmentally friendly by using green energy sources and materials
Fantastic ideas, well done.
If you're new to Topical Talk, welcome to the Weekly Competition! A new competition is added every week and we choose two winners. There are three important rules:
- Only enter once - if you enter more than once, you will not be able to win
- Do NOT copy - your entry must be totally your own. If you are found copying you will not be allowed to use the Student Hub
- Follow the instructions carefully - otherwise, you cannot win
This week's Headlines gets people thinking about the future of work and how this links to the environment - so we'd like you to do the same for this week's competition!
STEP 1: Write ONE SENTENCE to explain what your dream job is
STEP 2: Write ONE SENTENCE to explain what impact this job might have on the environment. Will it help slow climate change? Or might something to do with your dream job be bad for the environment?
STEP 3: Write ONE SENTENCE to explain how you could make your dream job better for the environment.
For example, you could say:
- My dream job is...
- This job would be good/bad for the environment because...
- I could make this job better for the environment by..."
Your answer should be made up of three sentences. If it is longer then it can't win.