Expert challenge: royalty

Tina has really enjoyed reading your comments and thoughts about royalty on the Hub so she’s decided to set you a challenge! Play the video to find out what her challenge questions are.

Comments (36)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I do not think that I want to be a member of the royal family because there are strict rules that they must abide by, including the way they eat and dress, the way they speak, the behavior they must behave in, and not mixing with the people, and also because I am a girl, there are many things that prevent girls from the family from doing Property like not put redBold lips and not wearing makeup that highlights their facial features and others.I feel that the members of the royal family are like chains

• At first glance, the idea of being a member of a royal family may seem like a dream come true. Who wouldn't want to live in a castle and have people constantly respect you? But let's not kid ourselves . Being part of a royal family is not all good.

You're constantly under the watchful eye of the media, with paparazzi lurking around every corner . And don't even get me started on the strict traditions and protocols that dictate every aspect of your life.

So, as much as I love the idea of living in a castle, I think I'll stick to my own humble life. It's much better for me 💗🫶

1. Hi daring_dinosaur,
      I feel the same way too, since I was a little child growing up I watched a lot of cartoons about Royalty and this really influenced my perspective on the royal family but as I grow older through research I learnt more and more about the underlying responsibilities that come along with being a royal. I used to think being a royal was just a breeze but know I know better and if I had the chance to be part of the royal family i think i would be honored to take up the responsibility because it would give me a chance to improve the state of my society. I would use the chance to improve the living conditions of many who are homeless and have no source of shelter or feeding, I would also try to improve the standard of learning in public schools, and would try my best to make large charity donations for orphanages. I would use the position to hold fund raisers and create awareness for climate change.

2. I agree with your opinion on that. The idea of ​​living in a castle and being a member of the royal family is a beautiful thing beyond imagination, because you will find the most expensive clothes, good treatment, and the most beautiful food. But there are many obligations that must be adhered to, and also monitoring in terms of the press is annoying, because everything you do is written in the newspapers. Ordinary life is simpleFar from being bothered by the press.I prefer to live an ordinary, quiet, modest life

1. Iagree with you because being a member of the royal family is a beautiful thing and living a life full of luxury and luxury and receiving respect from everyone is really like a childhood dream and a fantasy dream but it is really not easy and it is not easy for the royal family because it requires a lot and a lot and censorship of the press All the time I am annoying and because there I am a member of many commitments and because all your life is written in newspapers so I prefer to live a simple life full of humility and calm

3. I agree with you, because indeed royalty feels nice, you get special treatments and regard , but still I would not want to be a member of a royal family because I will become a nepo-baby whereby I can’t unlock my potentials , why do I say this? This is because being a member of a royal family I have everything available for me, job, education etc I would not be able to discover my capabilities and potentials due to my parents success and fortune. For this I prefer to stick to my normal and average life .

4. I completely agree with you that being a member of a royal family is not all glitz and glamour. The constant scrutiny of the media can be overwhelming and intrusive, making it difficult to have any sense of privacy or normalcy.

One example of this is the late Princess Diana, who was hounded by paparazzi throughout her life, even while she was trying to live a private life. In 1997, Princess Diana tragically died in a car crash while attempting to escape the paparazzi who were pursuing her.

This unfortunate incident highlights the extent to which the media can go in order to get a story, even if it puts the lives of public figures at risk. It's no wonder that many members of royal families struggle with mental health issues as a result of this constant pressure and attention.

5. I agree because when we look at the life of kings and the royal family, we feel that it is wonderful, including food, drink, money, clothes, and servants for the palace, but we should not focus on the appearance only, because if we delve into the life of the royal family, we will find that it is really boring and restrictive usually, when I was young, I used to watch stories and cartoons about the royal family, how they prevent their children from playing with the children of the neighborhood, because he is a prince, and this is not appropriate for his position here, so the child will become a hater of all his family living a modest life and playing with the children of the neighborhood is much more beautiful than a life of restrictions and orders, even if we do not have money. Happiness is not money, but freedom and peace of mind.

• Yes, I want to be a member of the royal family and be a princess. And a princess like Princess Diana. I love royal palaces, so when I see a picture of a royal family, I feel happy. How wonderful to be a princess in a royal family. I love the design of the palace of kings and I love the rules of the royal family. Just thinking about it is cool. When I am a princess, I will help many people and I will be respected by many people. I will not be an arrogant princess, but I will be a humble princess. I really hope this dream comes true.

• I think that everything has positive and negative sides, as if I were a member of the royal family, I would have made some changes that would benefit the people and so on...
    Where the power will be in your hand
    On the other hand, living as if you are being watched and held accountable for everything you do is very difficult, and as an independent person who loves privacy, I do not think that I would be happy living with a royal family in these circumstances, so if the royal family had some privacy, I would start thinking about it

• If I had the chance, I would choose to be the king's special advisor. It's great. Being a commoner, I will understand what they want. I will try to help the king to be a good person and be loved by his people. If you mean to be a member of the royal family, it would seem like a big responsibility, but I want to prove that The girl can be better than the man and the wisest of the people, as Queen Elizabeth did, as she is a woman and was able to rule better than many men.

• I would never ever want to be a part of a royal family. I have a lot of reasons for saying that.
    1. There is something I noticed about Royal families which is that everything they do must be absolutely perfect! Which I and many people don't like
    2. There is no free- will: as a member of the Royal family, there is a lot of things that you cannot do like ur mates e.g. Going out for parties. The only thing you are meant to do is follow instructions.
    3. Privacy is not an option for royal family: Royals don't get privacy from the press or mass media, anything they do is always known. And I wouldn't want everything to be known about me.
    4. Some subjects think bad or are jealous of royals: Some subjects are so jealous which is not their fault, because a person ruling for her lifetime is absurd and kingship occurs in only one family. I wouldn't want anyone to think bad of me.
    5. There is a 90% chance that royal might not get to rule because they are too much and people on the throne use up to 40 - 50 years when ruling. I wouldn't want to be a royal and I would not rule.

• person is born into a family that he does not choose, but rather it is his destiny and his share of the world... But if Mrs. Tina's question was our choice (Do you want to be a member of the royal family?!) My answer: I don't, for several reasons

. 1- There are very strict laws in the royal family, especially for women, such as: makeup, and secondary things that women of the common people put on comfortably, but making the makeup lighter is a good thing because it harms the skin (natural beauty is the best)..

2- Everyone should stop eating when the queen is finished. This is another reason why I don't like being a royal.

3- Moreover, I do not feel comfortable when someone is watching me... The family's journalists are on the lookout, following every step, every law and everything... But each country has special laws for its royal family, and perhaps there are better laws than laws...but I love my life..

. And the royal family may be facing Sometimes there are many criticisms and various difficulties, but it remains a symbol that we follow sometimes, as it is the one that controls all state affairs from politics, economics, thought and everything.

Everyone has their own choice. Some may want to become rich and agree to be members of a royal family.

Some might explain that he became famous or respected by the people, so he chose to be a member of the royal family…

Finally everyone has their opinion, and it helped when I shared mine with you, so thank you

• Since childhood, I have played the role of the queen in a play or a game because I used to think that the monarchy is a wonderful thing, but I desperately want to be a queen, but the opinion of my people matters to me. When I am a queen, I will accuse my people a lot and be fair among them. The success of my country in wars is always, and also there will be no poor in my country, and I will make the lights develop and I will patent the invention as Britain did until the industrial revolution became its foundation in Britain. Many responsibilities 😎👑👸

• Yes, I would like to be a member of a royal family, but not for the fame or recognition or benefits.
    I have come to realize that as a member of any royal family, especially of one that is just and incorrupt, you tend to command respect from the people. And when the people respect you, they are more likely to listen to your opinion and help you to act on it. So if I was a member of any royal family, say the British Royal Family, who are very popular, I would use that popularity and respect to make a difference in society. I would unite the people to fight against societal ills like World hunger, climate change and human trafficking. Using my position to give a voice to the voiceless and oppressed would really be a good contribution to society.
    I would also do whatever I could to contribute to the country's growth and development in ways like strengthening my country's diplomatic relationship with other countries, and doing whatever is in my power to alleviate the suffering of the people such as combating homelessness and poverty.
    I do, however, want to belong to a ceremonial and not absolute monarchy, to be able to give the people a voice in their own affairs as well, because I believe that for a society to progress, there must be maximum cooperation between the leaders and the people.

• The idea of ​​being a member of the royal family is a beautiful thing, living a life of wealth and luxury, wearing the most beautiful and expensive clothes, and receiving respect from everyone is something like a dream and imagination, but it is not easy and simple to be a member of the royal family because it requires a lot and a lot, but I like to live a simple life full of humility

• Yes I would like to be a member of royal family for many reasons :

- Royalty usually enjoys a luxurious lifestyle with access to expensive clothes, jewelry, cars, and properties.
    - Royalty typically receives high-quality education and has opportunities to travel around the world.
    - Royalty often has significant influence and power in politics and society.
    - Royalty can contribute to public service and humanitarian work in a meaningful way due to their status.
    That doesn't mean that my opinion is right

So, it's up to each individual to decide whether they would like to be a member of a royal family based on their own values and priorities.

1. I respect your opinion but If I were you I couldn't choose to be a member of royal family Being a member of royalty has some difficulties . First, you may have less privacy since people will always be watching and talking about you. Second, there are many rules and traditions that you must follow which can be restrictive. Third, you may have to deal with the pressure and responsibility of representing your country or royal family. Lastly, you may face criticism or negative attention from the media or public if you make mistakes or don't live up to expectations.

2. Excellent job 👏
      I agree with you and I want to add something that being a member of a royal family often provides access to luxurious amenities and experiences that others may not have. Additionally, being part of a royal family can come with prestige and respect from others in society. There may also be opportunities to make a positive impact through philanthropy, as many royal families are involved in charitable organizations. However, it is important to remember that being a member of a royal family also comes with responsibilities, such as upholding traditions and representing the country or region.

3. Why did you choose among all the reasons.
      The reason for the ability to buy expensive jewelry.
      I would like to tell you that money does not bring happiness because health is the happiness of a person.

1. Thank you for sharing your perspective. Indeed, health is a crucial factor in a person's overall happiness and well-being. It is true that money alone cannot guarantee happiness, as there are many other factors that contribute to our happiness such as relationships, personal fulfillment, and sense of purpose. However, it is also important to note that financial stability can provide a sense of security and freedom that can positively impact one's mental and physical health. Ultimately, each person's definition of happiness may vary, and it is up to them to find a balance between the different aspects of their life that contribute to their overall well-being.

• First of all, it would be a great idea, but if you dig deep into it, it's not the best idea, because it's a big responsibility from my point of view, people's eyes would be on you, you'd have to be better at everything, but you'd have to abide by strict laws, a certain dress, a protocol that you'd have to implement, and other things that would be hard for me to do.

• No I don't want to be a ember of the royal family because I will be restricted to do what I want to do and I will have to follow their rules which will not allow me to explore my capabilities. I will also not have my privacy because social media will always be snooping around to get news from my daily schedule. This will restrict my daily activities and lead to avoid my hobbies.
    Freedom is all I need in my life as such joining royalty is not an option for me.

• Do you want to be a member of a royal family? And why?
    I do not want to be a member of a royal family because I believe that members of the royal family do not have privacy, as the media interferes in everything in their lives and makes coups against them, but if I want that, I hope to be a fair and responsible queen

• No because I am not white and i have a brownish tanned like skin and Meghan Markle was not treated well by the royal family and the royal family was racist to her for being brown tanned and in my opinion this should not happen and the royal family should not be racist.

1. I completely agree with you. Racism is always unacceptable and should never be tolerated, regardless of the individual's skin color or background. The mistreatment of Meghan Markle by the royal family is deeply concerning and highlights the ongoing systemic issues of racism that persist in our society. It is important to continue to speak out against racism.

2. I completely agree with you. The treatment of Meghan Markle by the royal family was unacceptable and discriminatory. Her race and skin color were clearly factors in how she was treated, which is a form of racism.
      One example of this is when Harry and Meghan's son Archie was born, there were reports that some members of the royal family had concerns about how dark his skin would be. This kind of comment is not only hurtful but also reinforces harmful stereotypes about people of color.
      Meghan has spoken publicly about the negative impact that the constant media scrutiny and criticism had on her mental health. This kind of treatment is not justifiable and shows how deeply ingrained racism can be in institutions like the royal family.

• I think if given the opportunity everyone.
    As I will say yes, because the opportunity comes only once, and I will solve the problems we are facing now. They may be like: solving the strike problem, and solving the environmental pollution problem (laws).
    And a lot.
    My friends, remember that opportunity comes only once, so choose the best.

• My dream was to be a kind person and be respected by many people and not be racist and that every person wanted the same thing but then when i heard what the royal family did to Megan my thought changed about it.

1. How did your mind change?

2. It's understandable that learning about the treatment of Meghan Markle by the royal family has impacted your thoughts and perspective on kindness, respect, and racism.

It's important to remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. However, it's crucial to recognize that racism, discrimination, and mistreatment of any kind should never be accepted or condoned.

It's essential to continue learning and growing, challenging our own biases and prejudices, and actively working towards creating a world where everyone is treated with respect and dignity, regardless of their race, gender, or any other factor.

We all have a role to play in creating a just and equitable society, and it starts by acknowledging the issues and taking action to address them.

• The idea of being a royal may seem amazing at first but it has a lot of hard work attached to it. Nevertheless, i would still choose to be a royal. Apart from the luxurious lifestyle, popularity, respect and all the amazing parties i get to go to, i have a very good reason why i chose to say yes to being a royal. Here is the reason:
    Royals are very big influencers in todays world. Though some of them might not actively take part in politics, they are still respected. If i was to become a royal, i would utilize this power to actually make a difference in the world. Every year, the royal family can attend up to 50 charity events. This helps to raise a lot of money and actually helps people who are in need. As a member of the royal family, i can use my popularity to create awareness for things like climate change and world hunger. Most people would like to make a difference in the world but they are just not influencial enough. Becoming a member of the royal family would really help.
    Being a royal may be a lot of hard work since it has a lot of responsibilities, but at least i will get to create a change in the world.

• I believe that being a member of the royal family would provide me with a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on my country. I am willing to take on this responsibility in order to work towards positive change and contribute to the betterment of society. It's not because I get a luxurious and courteous life but I wanted to experience what actually being a member of royal family means.In the context of being a member of a royal family, a positive impact could involve using one's position and resources to promote social causes, such as education, health, or human rights, to support charitable organizations, or to raise awareness about important issues. So I wanted to do such things if were given an opportunity to be a member of royal family. I could use my position to advocate for the rights and needs of marginalized communities, such as refugees, minorities, and people with disabilities. I recognize that being a member of a royal family comes with a great deal of responsibility and adherence to strict rules and protocols. While some may find this unappealing, I am drawn to the opportunity to serve and make a positive impact, even within the confines of these rules.

• If i'm opportuned, i will like to be a member of a royal family. Being a royal member will enable me achieve my dreams of developing the nation. I'll be able to create awareness about climate change and make sure that people are treated fairly and given the same opportunity for employment. I'll also use my power as a royal member to invest in AI programs that will develop my community and nation. I will try to invest in agriculture to increase the financial status of my community. From the profit i make, i will be able to upgrade the schools in the local community so that the children will have a quality education

• This is the first time that I think of an answer to this question.
    At first glance,when I think if I was a member of the royal family I felt how my life would be full of luxury, owning a lot of houses, money, and expensive jewelry, I would live in a luxurious palace ,receive great respect from everyone, some people have heard me as a role model for them, but when thinking deeply, I felt that the life of kings does not suit me. I am a free person,I do not like to be bound by any restrictions in the name of a king or a prince, I like to travel whenever I want to meet friends at anytime, so I felt that my simple life will suit me more.

Being a member of a royal family is a very special and prestigious role that comes with a lot of responsibilities. One reason why I want to be part of a royal family is because it allows me to represent my country and culture in a unique way. I get to meet and interact with important people from all around the world, and I may even have the opportunity to influence important decisions that affect many people.

while being a member of a royal family might seem exciting, it's also a big responsibility that isn't for everyone.

• What a great and beautiful thing to live like kings and princes, life is beautiful, you wear the most beautiful clothes and the crown, you have many assistants, and everything you want comes in a matter of seconds, and something like a dream, but being a member of the royal family requires a lot of obligations and being watched by the press who write every Something while ordinary life isFull of calm and humility and not be an observer in terms of the pressI want to live a normal, quiet, beautiful life

• Personally, I think being a member of the royal family would have both advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, the prestige and privilege of being a member of the royal family: living in palaces, traveling in private jets, having access to the best education and the best medical care. However, there is also the scrutiny and lack of privacy that comes with being constantly in the public eye. Your every move may be subject to media and paparazzi scrutiny, which can cause stress and anxiety. In addition, you may have to perform certain duties or represent your country internationally, which can put a lot of pressure on you.All in all, while being part of the royal family may look fantastic from the outside, I think it's important to consider both sides before deciding to join such an expensive institution.

• First of all....Hi👋
    ➡️Being in a royal family is pretty cool but if we want to think about it, we have to think about the tasks that lie ahead of us as a king...or queen.....prince... ...Amira....and others..
    ➡️For example, I imagined that I was from a royal family and it was a wonderful feeling....that wherever I go I am surrounded by guards...and servants who help me in my life...
    ➡️but also Being from a royal family was a great burden.....from the tasks...and meetings...managing the affairs of the parish...
    ➡️The most royal family I wished to be a member of was the royal family of the state of Jordan...because Jordan is a state They are interconnected...its residents love each other...why?......the reason is clear because the royal family is cohesive and there is no disagreement between them...and humility is mutual between them and the residents of this ancient country.
    And my answer is if I want to be in a family Owner or not?Yes;✔
    Bye👋

• I would choose to be a member of royal family As a member of a royal family, there are several advantages and benefits that you may enjoy. Firstly, you get to represent your country or state on various occasions and events. This gives you the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and create connections that can be beneficial in the future.

Secondly, being a part of the royal family means you have access to resources that most people don't. You may be provided with luxurious homes, cars, and other amenities. Additionally, you may have access to top-notch education and healthcare facilities.

Thirdly, as a member of a royal family, you may also have a certain level of influence over policy decisions. Your voice may carry more weight than others, and you may be able to effect change in your community or country.

• What a wonderful thing it is to be a member of the royal family, wear the most beautiful clothes, drink and eat the best and sweetest foods, but when I delve into their lives, it is true that they are beautiful and wonderful, but I find that all the press follows them wherever they go, and while our life is quiet, there is no one watching you from the press

• ROYALITY
    No I would not like to be part of the Royal Family for many reasons, which I will discuss below.
    The ideology of being part of the Royal Family seems great and is known to be a beautiful thing, as you live in a wonderful accommodation (that you do not pay for), wear expensive clothing/ jewellery and have a opinions that are listened to.

However, the harsh reality says otherwise.
    This includes: Everything you do is brought to the public’s attention through the media and then harshly criticised or discussed.
    In addition, there will always be paparazzi around you recording your every move, which can be extremely intimidating and worrying.
    Another reason is the protocols that you must follow when you are part of the Royal Family, which include: the strict dress code and a specific diet!

Therefore, if I was given the option to become one of the Royals, I would humbly and sincerely pass.

• No, I would not want to be a member of a royal family because I don't think there is a role for royals in play in our Modern day world. After all, we have the government and the government can equally do everything that a monarchy can do. Another reason is that if I wear to be a member of the royal family, I wouldn't get any privacy and if I were the first son everybody would expect me to become the king in the future even though I didn't want to and so I would not be able to to do what I wanted to do.

• Welcome
    I love the monarchy very much and would like to be a member of any royal family. I would like to be the queen who is always fair and does not accept anyone's injustice. I think I will be a wonderful princess because I will not be arrogant. I will treat the people as my friends and always strive to fulfill their demands. Because my country is my responsibility, I will not allow it to be ruined. Rather, I will strive for my country to be one of the most advanced countries. I love to take responsibility and find that I am able to assume the position of the queen. I may weaken at times but l will come back stronger. As for why I would like to be a member of the royal family, simply because I loved Queen Elizabeth and would like to be like her. Strong, fair, beautiful. I want sit on the queen's chair and experience the feeling. And I suggest that the whole world be under the monarchy because it is so beautiful.

• You thought that I would tell you that I want to become from a royal family, but I think that it is very difficult to be in a royal family, because there are strict and difficult reins, and you must adhere to certain clothes and laws that you must adhere to, and you must be good with people because all People will have their eyes on you and will follow you wherever you go

• For me, I want to be a princess, and I do not want because the royal family has answers and negatives. The positives are that people respect you and that you live in the palace of your hope. What you wish for is worn by the best brands and the best designers, but it also has negatives, such as frequent media persecution, disagreements between brothers, because it is possible to feel that I I want to be the king, not my brother, because it is my fault that I was born after him. People talk that never ends. Wearing a specific dress and not wearing makeup. Royal life is beautiful, but you must follow its rules, otherwise you will not succeed.

• Yes, I want to become a queen because the interest of my people is important to me, and I want my people to be among the best countries. I really do not like the situation of my country, and I want to improve it greatly. Change my country to a better country and raise the pension of the employees who sacrifice for us. Yes, royal life is very difficult, but to see my people in a better country is worth it.

• Being a member of a royal family often means that your personal life is constantly in the public eye, and that you are expected to represent your country and family in a certain way. This can be stressful and limiting, as you may not be able to pursue your own interests or make your own decisions without considering the impact it will have on your public image. Additionally, there may be a lot of pressure to uphold certain traditions and customs, which may not always align with your personal beliefs or values. While there are certainly many benefits to being a member of a royal family, it is important to consider the drawbacks as well , so I wouldn't wanna be a member of a royal family.

• I would not like to be a royal for many reasons,while it might appear to be a nice life on the outside with lavish trips,clothes and homes, I would not like the constant rules and expectations and the invasion of my privacy.
    In the METRO newspaper 18.05.23 the headline says "Harry and Meghan in Paparazzi 'Car Chase'".The article was about Harry and Meghan in a car chase that lasted nearly 2 hours.I would not like to experience something like this in my lifetime so if it means not having a crown to avoid this I would happily do so.
    There are many different rules that Royals must follow for example you can only paint your nails a nude colour and you can not wear the same colour as any Royal in an event.
    Therefore if I was offered the role I would politely decline.
    Thank you for reading! :)

• Do you want to be a member of a royal family? I think no, because I will have laws that I must abide by from a young age, and I will be restricted from all sides. This is from my point of view, because I see many princes at a young age who do not live their childhood appropriately and do not play with children, so I think or my answer will be no, because I live my childhood and adolescence very beautifully with my family