The Importance of Learning Coding at a Young Age

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

TopicalTalk-Festival-AI-EducationStandpoint-Images-9

Step one:
Learning programming at a young age is really exciting because it's like learning a new language, but a language for talking to computers! It makes kids so happy and interested because it's like they're learning a language to communicate with the computer and ask it to create games, programs, apps, and more. The computer can then do these things for them. This gives children a great opportunity to develop their skills and opens up many future job opportunities for them.m.

Step two:
The importance of teaching programming at a young age has a significant impact not only on the children learning the language of programming, but also on their parents and teachers who are teaching them. Children who learn programming strengthen their skills, especially critical thinking skills. For parents, they see their children's future being shaped by their own hands, supporting and developing their skills, and they are reassured about future job opportunities. Also, for the teachers of these children, they find a whole generation proficient in technology. Some teachers may not see the importance of this and believe that children should only study traditional sciences, but they do not realize that programming complements these subjects and greatly helps children understand them.

Step 3:
In my opinion, teaching programming to children at a young age is crucial because it significantly develops their skills and enables them to think creatively to solve problems. For example, it makes them think differently about any mathematical problems, and they can find new and different solutions that others who are not familiar with programming cannot find. This allows them to provide correct answers in a faster way and time. Additionally, these children in the future can find job opportunities in many fields related to the modern language faster and stronger than others because technology is increasingly entering all areas of our world. Therefore, learning programming is not optional in our current era, but rather mandatory for the success and progress of future generations.

Step 4:
At the end, learning programming at a young age for kids is really important for their development and improving their learning and understanding skills, and giving them lots of opportunities in the future for work, because through all of this they face the fast-changing world in technology, and this makes a conscious generation for the future, so it's really necessary to introduce programming in kids' education.

Comments (17)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hi talented_chemistry
    I truly agree with you because programming helps children develop critical thinking skills, which are valuable not only in technology-related fields but also in various other disciplines. Learning through practical applications like creating games and apps can indeed be motivating. I believe children should learn programming🧑‍💻because they are the future of technology.

• I want to emphasize another point to support my discussion about the The importance of Learning Coding at a Young Age, particularly directed towards parents. Teaching programming to their children at a young age will be an investment in them, one that is more important and beneficial than investing in real estate or assets and setting them aside for the future. When parents invest in their young children by teaching them programming at an early age, they are preparing them to carve out their own valuable and prosperous future. This investment won't only benefit the individuals, but it will also benefit the entire family. They will reap the rewards of what they have instilled in them when they taught them something that will benefit them in the future.

• Hi, I agree with you, It's important for kids to start learning coding when they're young. When we learn to code early, it's easier for teachers to teach us because we're excited to talk to computers with code. Also, since our brains are still growing, it's easier for us to understand new things. Plus, we have lots of time to learn and be creative with code. We can use our imaginations to make really cool projects.

• I learnt from talented_chemistry that,
    Learning programming at a young age is very important as it nurses and develops a child's creativity and problem-solving skills, related to equipping a new language made for communication with computer devices. This early experience equips children with effective skills and also instils in parents and teachers a sense of relief and guarantee concerning their ward's as future prospects. Moreover, programming improves children's abilities in other subjects like math and ICT, making them able to generate innovative solutions without stress. In today's technology powered globe, skills in programming are no more a luxury but an essential need for solving the problems of the present era and ensuring the success of future generations to come.

• This is a very beautiful and detailed essay @talented_chemistery young people need to learn how to code for future purposes and also to influence the development on A.I and also to fix or repair it if it all goes south, young people should learn how to code so that A.I can have very relative upgrades and more significant uses in society and also to benefit us more. Younger ones learning to code will also increase human evolution and for innovative purposes.

• Hi,there.
    I totally agree with you because in a technologically advanced and changing world learning coding at an early age is of immense importance. In my opinion, programming is a form of performing tasks on a computer. Children get the opportunity to learn computer language through programming. Also acquires computer skills, which are very necessary in the developed world. A child's brain is highly activated by learning programming. Also, learning programming is very important because it improves children's visual, auditory, creative skills. Through this, children acquire the ability to solve complex problems easily at any time. Also, it helps to make a good logical argument. By learning programming, children can easily create new applications using computers. A child can adapt to any information in the changing world and discover new information accordingly. Learning programming is of immense importance to make the young generation smart and digital. Besides, programming should be taught to make a child a better citizen and self-reliant. Learning programming opens up various job opportunities. As a result, any citizen can become financially independent. After all I think programming should be taught at a young age to make a child competent, creative and smart from childhood.
    Thanks.

• I think that the major advantage of children learning programming at a young age is adaptability. The way the environment is going with AI, we need to teach our children how to code different types of codes with numerous functions, this skill will help them for unforeseen circumstances.
    The rapid development of AI in the world slowly reveals that you have to be prepared as an individual, for the better or for worse. Learning coding will help you to utilize your arsenal of skills and help you to also develop your own AI's.
    In conclusion, I think that coding is a necessity for the future, and the earlier you learn the better for you.

THANKYOU.

• Hello talented chemistry I totally agree but why do you think it is important to learn programing at a young age and jow you think it's going to affect their future and finally do you think that programming may someday find solution to a global problem?

1. Thank you for your sharing! Learning programming at a young age is like discovering a whole new world of possibilities and innovative skills, just like learning a new language. Children who learn programming can solve problems using clear thinking. As technology advances, programming will become indispensable. Who knows, maybe the next generation of young programmers will grow up to find creative and new solutions to global issues like climate change, inequality, healthcare problems caused by pollution, and limited resources in some countries. Many things could have solutions in the hands of this generation.

• I agree that is good to learn programming at a young age because we will be able to bring AI to some parts of the world and if children start early it will give them the higher advantage because the will be able to do it well.It will help them to solve problems by themselves and this programming that people think is a small job can actually make money because if you open a shop and start programming and you teach people it will make a lot of money because in this our modern day people love to use AI.

• I totally agree with you. Technology should be mandatory as we are in the technological world. Even the job most of us think human do better (teaching) includes some aspects of technology. If children don't get used to the system, they might end up extremely confused when the grow up. e.g. Children should start to learn how to type because that is the fastest and most efficient way to record information. People must prepare themselves for higher levels of devices.

1. I do agree technology is now part of our everyday life and as the world evolves so does technology, learning a skill such as coding is important because people tend to give up on education easily at some point. many great people in life did go to school but they also learnt a skill and where ambitious and determined to develop on that skill,
      in the world of today if you don't know how to use a device it just like saying you don't know anything apart from learning how to se a device people should also try to learn how to use technology because in the world of today technology is part of every aspect of life. children should start learning how to technology related or computerized work .

2. I whole heartedily agree with you helpful idea, technologies are very crucial in our everyday life,it is needed in different sectors of work and our daily activities.
      In secondary schools computer science and data processing should be made a mandatory subject for all students both the science and art students.
      During holidays parents should engage their children in home lessons for computer training, robotics training and the rest. Kids should learn how to type fast so that they can work in cyber cafe for money making.

• Mastering coding is essential for a multitude of reasons. Developing coding can unlock a variety of career paths within the technology category. It also improves problem-solving skills and logical reasoning. Grasping coding fundamentals can empower individuals to effectively maneuver through the digital realm and create innovative solutions.

• Hi talented_chemistry whole heartily I am agree with you. I am agree with the importance of teaching programming to children at a young age . It not only develops their critical thinking and problem-solving skills but also opens up numerous future job opportunities in our increasingly technology-driven world.

• I totally agree with you talented_chemistry, because teaching kids programming early is super important. It helps them think in new ways and solve problems creatively. Plus, it sets them up for lots of cool job opportunities later on because everything is becoming more and more tech-focused. So, introducing programming to kids is a smart move for sure!

1. I agree with you agreeable aspect, exposing kids to coding and robotics at a very tender age worths many things. In the world today everything is turning into technology and thereby making the world a global village of technologies, when they have the experience of coding they can seat at the comfort of their home and code many programmes and these would earn them much money.
      When children learn all these they would be able to develop the listening skills, learning skills, being creative and also being able to solve critical problems and take part in the ambassadors of the society.

• I agree because coding promotes problem solving skills, especially when you need to fix bugs. Also, coding can help prepare students for their future careers. Even if they don't become developers, tech is still used everywhere. For example, I had a Beta Club meeting on Zoom a few weeks ago. Learning how these applications work can help you use them more efficiently. Plus, the skills you learn from coding, such as logic and problem-solving, can help in all sorts of jobs.

• I agree and disagree
    Personally, I think that we should let kids be kids and give them a childhood where they will spend time outside playing in dirt like we used to, play without technology with real toys. In the other hand when they are proper age where their brain is developed enough for simple coding why not teach them at least basics if they show interest in it.

• I think it’s so important nowadays to teach children coding and computer programming,
    That will be helpful to them when they grow up.
    Learning coding at a young age gives children a huge chance to enter the virtual world. In addition, it will offer them the marvelous opportunities for future jobs.

• Everything around us runs on software, and coding is everywhere. It's a very important skill to have, coding improves problem solving skills. It train your brain to think deeply and logically. Coding teaches kids to solve large problems by breaking them down into small ones, and learn from their mistakes. Learning a new subject and gaining new skill will help the young learners to become more confident. Most jobs require you to learn coding. However, being a coding expert opens up career choices and helps you to earn freelance income. Encouraging kids to learn coding early will help them to develop their skills and help their lifes in a way they can never imagine.