Competition #6 Expert learning

24 May 2023
Experts

Winners announced!

Well done for your entries to our competition and congratulations to
easygoing_song of Livingstone Academy F UK, succinct_peach of Elite Scholars Academy USA and charismatic_ukulele of Rhemaville Christian Academy
Nigeria who are the winners this week!

Every week winners are awarded 3 stars for their winning entries!

• easygoing_song | Livingstone Academy F | United Kingdom 15 May 2023

The expert that I learned the most from was Mr. Matthew Bell because he offered us some great learning advice on the metaverse that I didn't know before. Telling us how the metaverse may be in the future to telling us how the development of technologies like the computer and our phones have been used over the years and how we went from experimenting with websites to then banning the bad ones compared to now when we are banning everything and if something is good then we un-ban it. One thing we can see is that as technology has changed so has our thinking process, this is evident when Mr. Matthew Bell said," people were scared to even use their credit cards when computers were first used." Now we see almost everyone paying by using their phones, it can be through online shopping to even using Google Pay or Paytm in stores. I think that all of this will be very important for us teens as by the time we are in our adulthood the metaverse might be something we use in on our daily basis. Mr. Matthew Bell told us how the world in the metaverse can be unpredictable and that even people like him don't know what will happen tomorrow in the metaverse, but one thing that he discussed that really stood out to me was that we could go to school in the metaverse ultimately having another world in the hands of our palms. Mr. Matthew Bell also told us about his journey which is very inspiring as he was an executive in Prime Video and now, he has his own company, this really inspires me to take risks. By discussing about these topic Mr. Matthew Bell really enlarged my mindset on what the world might be in the future.

• charismatic_ukulele | Rhemaville Christian Academy | Nigeria 16 May 2023

The expert I learnt the most about is Tina Brown she taught me that being an editor can be amazing I am so happy that I had the honor of speaking to one of the world's most famous editor, writer. I was inspired to the point that I said I want to become an editor because of the determination she had. Thank you topical talk for allowing such prestigious people to come on the talk I really appreciate.

• succinct_peach | Elite Scholars Academy | United States of America 17 May 2023

The expert that I learnt the most from was Clover Hogan. She made me realize all of the horrific things that we were doing to the environment, and she has enlightened me to all of the ways that humans can positively affect the Earth. From the video, it was clear to me that we need to change a few habits and things that we do. This could dramatically change the environment for the better.

Welcome to this week’s competition! Every Monday we’ll open a new competition and the winners will be announced the following Friday. If you win, you’ll get three stars and your entries will be pinned to the top of the discussion!

We are coming to the end of the Festival! And that means our experts have started to share their answers to your questions.

To enter the competition this week, your challenge is to watch the expert answers (or challenges), then come back here and tell us about the most interesting thing you learnt from them.

Comments (42)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• The expert that I learnt the most from was the "Metaverse" because they taught me that it can cause people health problems in the world, and that it can effect the way someone acts in real life. I was inspired by the "Metaverse because I learned somethings to do to control how I act in the real world.

1. I disagree with you..
      (Metaverse) It does not greatly affect health .. Because according to my research, it will take three hours, the most for the user.
      Then the metaverse is a wonderful world in which you can design whatever you want..you have the opportunities to learn what you want..
      And it's not just about our behaviour.. I looked in terms of the negatives and this is not a complete education.. You have to look at the subject from both sides because this gives you more information.. You will understand the subject in general... You can talk about it fluently and smoothly.. .
      I think most of us would very much like to enter the Metaverse...
      The subject of Mr. Matthew was a wonderful subject which alerted us to things and points and gave us the information which I shall speak on behalf of the Master.
      Matthew is in front of my school and classmates, and this will allow people to learn new and interesting opportunities.

• The expert I learned the most from is Tiana Brown because he taught me as a teenage girl at the beginning of my life to be a strong woman and not to give in to society's obstacles or its racism as women and that happens and because she has inspired me to my dream Since childhood, my teachers have always supported me and guaranteed me a future in their field And when they said in your article that you met one of the most famous queens in the world, and this motivated me more and more to develop my writing skills and confidence that the obstacles of society and the words of others are not important, but what is important is that I become successful in this Life is all these lessons that I learned from you, Tiana Brown. You are my role model as a student. I am looking for a source of inspiration, searching for science and knowledge, and not wasting opportunities at my young age, so that I can be a role model for generations, which attracted me more in the article. Your writing is really good

1. I completely agree with you after reading her story mrs Tina brown inspired me and I have learned alot from her, and she became my role model because she is an inspirational person that handles three jobs. I wish mrs Tina brown all the best in her three jobs.

• The expert that I learned from was 'Metaverse@ because I thought that with the metaverse anything is possible.
    You can create anything like a school or a military base or a car station.
    This helps me because, in the real world, I can barely do anything good so the metaverse really helps me to do things which are impossible possible.

• At the outset, I would like to thank all the experts because I learned a lot from them when they asked me, and that led to a lot of wonderful things, but the expert from whom I learned the most was Tina Brown, because she was the one who discussed my comment the most, and I liked her questions, and she made me think and be creative in speaking, and my English developed and I learned from her Life is things that I did not know, and its topics are wonderful, such as the subject of Tina responding to your questions, how to introduce herself and her greatness in society, and how to answer her to the students. Therefore, I would like to thank her and all the experts for their wonderful and expended effort, and I hope to meet you one day to appreciate you, because words do not give me the right to express my love for you
    I wish all experts progress and development and achieve what they wish
    I love you so much

• The expert from whom I learned the most was Matthew Paul, who taught me a lot of hidden aspects in the subject of Metaverse, the aspects that we did not pay much attention to, such as the virtual world Metaverse, which constitutes a wide area on the Internet and a wide range of information that we do not know about. As its influence on the art worldwide, so it became possible for many to enter into this field without having any experience or any ideas and creativity about this field and its impact on artist. It made them lose their position and also the arrival of a high level of development within this world, such as the presence of broadcasters who work with artificial intelligence, as happened in Jordan. So I am thankful to Matthew Paul for telling us and informing us as I feel that I'm more cautious about the developments in it..

1. That's wonderful to hear that you found Matthew Ball's expertise on the subject of the Metaverse insightful and informative. It's important to be aware of the hidden aspects and impacts of the Metaverse, such as its vastness on the internet and its influence on the art world. Understanding these aspects can help individuals navigate and make informed decisions within this evolving space.

Matthew Ball's insights regarding the accessibility of the Metaverse to individuals without prior experience or creativity and the emergence of broadcasters utilizing artificial intelligence are indeed thought-provoking. Being aware of these developments can make one more cautious and informed about the potential opportunities and challenges that arise within the Metaverse.

Continuing to stay informed and open to learning about the Metaverse will enable you to stay ahead of its developments and make the most out of this virtual world.

• The expert I learnt the most from was metaverse because they taught me that social media can affect our mental healthy especially teenagers around the the world ,in the metaverse world we can create a different character home anything that a human being has but in your own design and technology which enables you to do some of the thins you want to do as an avatar, which can't be done in the human world .

• The expert that i learnt the most from was earth day because they taught me to recycle cut down on what you throw away, clean up in your community and shop wisely. I was inspired by the hard working of the people that help the earth and they plant the trees to make pollution 🌳. When they said that we have to work hard for the earth they said that because for us to conserve water💦, planting trees and plants 🌳🌷and if you are done using the light bulbs turn it off 💡📴.

• The expert that I learnt the most from was clover hogan because she inspired me to never give up on straightening others paths and changing their minds on other things and their perspectives and also despite being a 23 year old she has achieved a lot in her life and is still hoping that climate change will reduce or stop completely not every body these days is hopeful,people these days lose hope on little things without trying and reaching a conclusion, but she will still remain hopeful no matter how bad the condition is,she has thought us to hopeful whether is about changing people's minds about climate change or the deduction of climate change.

1. I personally agree with you. As the climate crisis becomes more difficult to combat, more people are trying to live sustainably. Many of us are making small lifestyle changes such as reusing bags, buying organic and even growing our own food. But making better everyday choice is probably not as healing to this planet as fixing the communal systems governing how and where we live. Some people are there making it difficult to reduce or limit climate change. Honestly I use to think that climate change can not be abated because of several abuses on earth but she inspired me by giving me hopes and never giving up. And also she gave us tips on how to talk in public, i.e tips like being super clear about what you want to say and presenting to your emotions.

2. You are right, I also think she is a very wonderful person and she is a true example of the phrase never give up and be optimistic. She inspired me too, and I think she inspired a lot of people besides me. She is really one of the best role models in this world. Despite her young age in relation to what she was able to achieve, and that she was able to achieve what those older than her could not, I learned from this that it is not a condition that the older you get. Your talent and creativity increased. I give you my full respect 🙃❤️

• The expert that I learned the most from was Mr. Matthew Bell because he offered us some great learning advice on the metaverse that I didn't know before. Telling us how the metaverse may be in the future to telling us how the development of technologies like the computer and our phones have been used over the years and how we went from experimenting with websites to then banning the bad ones compared to now when we are banning everything and if something is good then we un-ban it. One thing we can see is that as technology has changed so has our thinking process, this is evident when Mr. Matthew Bell said," people were scared to even use their credit cards when computers were first used." Now we see almost everyone paying by using their phones, it can be through online shopping to even using Google Pay or Paytm in stores. I think that all of this will be very important for us teens as by the time we are in our adulthood the metaverse might be something we use in on our daily basis. Mr. Matthew Bell told us how the world in the metaverse can be unpredictable and that even people like him don't know what will happen tomorrow in the metaverse, but one thing that he discussed that really stood out to me was that we could go to school in the metaverse ultimately having another world in the hands of our palms. Mr. Matthew Bell also told us about his journey which is very inspiring as he was an executive in Prime Video and now, he has his own company, this really inspires me to take risks. By discussing about these topic Mr. Matthew Bell really enlarged my mindset on what the world might be in the future.

• Professor Clover Hogan inspired me a lot when she said that she felt fear and anxiety when she was young about the problem of climate change, but nevertheless I felt inspired. I loved her personality as an ambitious person who always strives to be a good member of his community. She gave me the confidence to strive for what benefits me and others I became more enthusiastic about delving more into the issue of climate change and searching for more solutions to it and disseminating them so that everyone could benefit and apply them. Clover also said that she gives advice to other young people and that I try to learn more lessons from my school because school is sustainable empowerment

• The expert from whom I learned the most is Joe Burton, as I joined the challenge of experts: favoritism and equality, and his questions really caught my attention, as he asked us, would you accept help from one of your relatives to obtain the profession that you dreamed of? Really, I liked the wording of the question, as it asks: Can you resist your desires for the sake of achieving absolute justice, or do you tend to your desires, even if it is at the expense of others? The people are really on myself. The question may seem simple, but it carries a deep meaning and there is a play on words. Indeed, in this life, knowledge is everywhere, but all you have to do is meditate on it to benefit from it and get it.

• The expert that I learnt the most from was Matthew Ball because he taught me some positive and negative impacts the metaverse will have on socializing. A positive impact would be that it will increase social time because you will be interacting with other people. However, the metaverse would increase amounts of cyberbullying and abuse. Cyberbullying already happens in social media but you will be in person real time cyberbullying so it can hurt people.

• I learned the most from the expert Matthew Ball the most. This is because he gives many different and important aspects of the metaverse. How there is an ability to just take everything from the world we live in now and bring it into the metaverse. Also how that now the metaverse is different from the internet and how it can be changed for the better. Many people think that the metaverse would be an unsafe environment but it shows how it can be modified to make it safer.

• The expert that I learnt the most from was Tina Brown because she/they taught me that you can be successful with courier without you wanting to be that . I was inspired when she/they said that she would wake up really early to do things because it inspired me this morning to wake up early to get some things done.

1. I'm not sure about this because...
      It is true that we all learned from experts, and each learned more from an expert than others.
      But the lady: Tina has other advantages than the ones you mentioned..
      As for waking up early: it is the year of life because it helps you to be active and persistent throughout the day...
      But Mrs. Tina taught us: to hold on to more than one subject.
      It taught us that our capabilities are greater than we can imagine.
      She explained to us what the strike meant and alerted us to it so that we could raise awareness...
      Thank you..but if you have things that you learned from Mrs. Tina other than what you mentioned, we would love to hear..
      Thank you

• I learned from the expert "Clover Hogan" that the climate is of great importance to humans, as it is the main factor that will affect safety and human nature, as it is the main factor that affects the air and oxygen that we breathe, so we must preserve it and keep pollutants away from it.

• The expert that I learnt the most from was Matthew Ball because he taught me that the metaverse has pros and cons. I was also inspired by him when he said that the metaverse can help people get educated for example he points out the application "zoom" which helps us connect with our school teachers or tutors if needed. This helps you learn a lot even if you're not physically with your teachers this could be a possible solution and make everyone's life easier. He did an amazing job with his video and answering the chosen users questions.

• I was really inspired by Clover Hogan because she was really connected to nature as a child. I love spending time outside and being in nature, so I really relate to her as well. She also cares about the earth a lot, and, like me, was devastated when she figured out what we were doing to the earth. I always try to recycle plastic and other recyclable materials when I can. Clover Hogan really opened up my world to what is happening to the earth, and I hope we can fix things one day.

• I learnt the most from Clover Hogan because she taught me that every company may say they are sustainable but they are not really being honest. Companies may put a message that they use less reduced plastic but they only say this to save face but really care about production and making money. I was inspired when Clover Hogan said everyone has different reasons for supporting climate change efforts because it helped me not feel bad about not having the same reason for wanting to stop climate change. I also learned that we can be hypocrites at some points in our life about climate change because some effects of climate change do not affect us.

• The expert I learnt the most about is Tina Brown she taught me that being an editor can be amazing I am so happy that I had the honor of speaking to one of the world's most famous editor, writer. I was inspired to the point that I said I want to become an editor because of the determination she had. Thank you topical talk for allowing such prestigious people to come on the talk I really appreciate.

• "The expert I learned the most from was Clover Hogan because he taught me about climate, how to deal with climate, and how to protect our planet from the effects of climate."
    I like the idea of ​​some people volunteering to save the environment.
    Providing a service to the environment for free makes you feel responsible towards your environment, and I will work to spread this idea among the members of my community so that we work together to live in a suitable climate and environment.
    I have been inspired by how education can motivate people to take action towards creating a more sustainable future as noted by expert Clover Hogan, and inspired me to be a climate activist in my small community. Although I'm introverted from what she said, I don't have to change my nature to be an activist.

• The expert who has had the most profound impact on me and from whom I have learned invaluable lessons is Clover Hogan. Her inspiring reason for becoming an activist resonated deeply with me, and her journey towards becoming an environmental advocate left a lasting impression. Clover Hogan's story not only captivated my attention but also ignited a sense of passion within me to actively contribute towards the betterment of our environment and the planet we call home. What struck me most about Clover Hogan's journey was her unwavering commitment to making a positive impact, despite the challenges and adversities she faced. Her resilience and determination in the face of daunting obstacles serve as a constant reminder that change is possible, and that each one of us has the power to contribute towards a more sustainable future.

• The expert that i learned the most from was from Matthew Ball. He was speaking about the metaverse because they taught me about the coding of the Metaverse. I was inspired when they talked about how they made their own company around coding video games and apps.

• The expert that I learned most from was Matthew Ball he focuses on things he does not have the answers on, and that he doesn't have any guide on it because it is challenging and fun for him, he took a leap of faith and started a company and it is successful and he is having a lot of fun because of it.

• The expert I was so inspired by and impressed is Mathew Ball. Mathew Ball is a renowned writer and analyst in the media and technology space, known for his significant contribution in advocating the potential of the metaverse. His passion and expertise in the subject matter have inspired many to believe in its potential for revolutionizing the way we connect and conduct business in the digital world. Ball's articles, speeches, and interviews have provided insights into how the metaverse concept could enable new forms of social interaction, innovation, and creativity. His clarity on the potential of the metaverse, backed by deep analysis and research, has earned him the trust and admiration of his followers. Many now see the metaverse as a frontier worth exploring and investing in due to Ball's efforts to inspire them. Ball's influence has been so significant over the years that he is now considered a thought leader in the metaverse space.

• The expert that I learnt the most from was Clover Hogan. She made me realize all of the horrific things that we were doing to the environment, and she has enlightened me to all of the ways that humans can positively affect the Earth. From the video, it was clear to me that we need to change a few habits and things that we do. This could dramatically change the environment for the better.

• Ben Majo taught me i think that reducing the climate I advise everyone to reduce the climate because it negatively affects people. Dangerous things can happen, including floods, volcanoes and earthquakes, and the climate can be reduced by placing garbage everywhere, for example in schools or streets, and it is possible to always see the weather and follow it

• The expert that I learnt the most from was Clover Hogan because she proved that young people have a great hidden power that affects society. Since she was young, she was affected by the factors that harm the environment and the climate around her. She struggled from a young age to protect the environment and developed herself until she became an expert in this topic at a young age. I liked her saying that knowledge is the power and she helped in her own way to motivate people to adhere to protect environment, and suggested the idea of ​​a climate caffe, which was admired by many topical talkers.
    She was another great example of a young woman fighting for her cause, like the example of the Swedish girl who led the strike in schools to protect the environment. Each of them supported the protection of the environment in its own way and achieved remarkable success.

• After watching the expert answers, I found BlackMatthew Ball's insights on the future of entertainment industry to be the most interesting. He explained how technology advancements like virtual and augmented reality are going to change the way people consume media.

Ball highlighted that traditional linear television is becoming obsolete as streaming services are taking over. He also pointed out that the concept of ownership will be transformed, and people will no longer have to buy or download content as everything will be available through subscription-based models.

Moreover, he mentioned that gaming will continue to grow as a form of entertainment and might even surpass movies and music in popularity. With the rise of cloud gaming and 5G networks, he predicts that games will become more accessible and immersive than ever before.
    Ball's perspective on the future of entertainment was eye-opening, and it made me realize how much the industry is evolving and adapting to new technologies.

• The expert that I learned from is Matthew Ball, he taught me about the negative effects the metaverse has in human health.
    While the metaverse has the potential to offer various benefits, it's important to acknowledge potential negative impacts on health:

Sedentary lifestyle: The metaverse may encourage a sedentary lifestyle, as users spend long hours sitting or standing in front of screens. This lack of physical activity can contribute to various health issues, including obesity, cardiovascular problems, and musculoskeletal disorders.

Mental health concerns: Excessive engagement with the metaverse could exacerbate mental health issues. Users may become disconnected from the physical world, leading to feelings of isolation, loneliness, and even depression. Additionally, the metaverse's constant connectivity and immersion may blur the boundaries between work and personal life, causing stress and burnout.

Sleep disturbances: Spending excessive time in the metaverse, especially during evening hours, can disrupt sleep patterns. The bright screens and mental stimulation can interfere with the body's natural circadian rhythm, leading to difficulties falling asleep and achieving quality rest.

Virtual addiction: The metaverse's immersive and interactive nature has the potential to foster addictive behaviors. Individuals may develop a compulsive need to constantly engage with the virtual world, neglecting their real-life responsibilities, relationships, and self-care.

Cyberbullying and harassment: Just like any online platform, the metaverse could be prone to cyberbullying, harassment, and trolling. These negative experiences can have a significant impact on mental well-being, causing anxiety, stress, and even long-term psychological trauma.

Unrealistic body image expectations: In virtual environments, users can create avatars that do not necessarily reflect their real-life appearance. This may lead to unrealistic beauty standards and body image expectations, potentially contributing to body dissatisfaction, low self-esteem, and unhealthy behaviors.

Physical health risks: While engaging in virtual reality experiences within the metaverse, users may be at risk of accidents or injuries due to limited awareness of their physical surroundings. This can include collisions with objects or people, falls, or tripping over obstacles.

It is important to recognize these potential health concerns and promote a balanced approach to using the metaverse. Implementing strategies to encourage physical activity, setting boundaries, and promoting digital well-being can help mitigate the negative effects on health

• The expert that I learned the most from was Clover Hogan because she taught me a reason on by to become an environmental activist. Her story on why she became an activist was so interesting. It made me think about why it is important to be an activist. Ms. Hogan captivated me but made me realize ways, even small ways, to make the Earth healthier. The Earth is currently suffering from climate change, air pollution, ocean pollution, and so much more. The motivation she gave me to help Earth become better was so much. She showed me how we can change the future of the Earth, even if it's something little.

• i think that the metaverse would be the peak of science research due to the 3d area it could help us to understand more crates and even molecules

• In fact, I think that the best topic for me is strikes. I learned a lot from this topic about how to think and respond to the thinking pattern of others, by discussing the opinions of others, as this topic was the most one which had a lot of perspectives and opinions, but in general.... I have benefited from all the topics and I hope to participate in the next year ...

• The expert Matthew, from whom I learned more than anyone else, because he taught me many things about metaphysics. Honestly, I did not know metaphysics so deeply before. I only knew him superficially, but he taught me and showed me how to metaphysics, and rightly so. Who contributed to this festival because those of my age should be taught things like this to develop our thoughts and minds and to pave our way for the future and to have our own world and our own space and many more...... But I do not deny that I learned a lot of things from expert Ben about Earth Day and how Preserving the environment and maintaining the ecological balance in it, so thank them

• In fact, I liked it very much, and I learned a lot from the expert "Joe" because he explains the effects of nepotism on the individual and society and reminds us not to use nepotism in our practical life at all, or we can use nepotism with conviction and commitment. A person who wants to benefit his family and his family does not need much in relation to other people, so we must all think of others and not build our happiness on the misery of others .... And there is the expert. An exception from animal to plant to human from the climate change crisis and produces many side effects

• The expert that I learnt the most from is Mr. Ben because he taught me so many things about Eartht day which has changed my feelings towards it. Before I never knew that Earth day existed but now I feel so excited about celebrating Earth day. Before I didn't care much about things concerning Earth day like climate change and climate laws but now I feel like I would like to become a man just like Mr. Ben.
    Mr. Ben has inspired me to become one of the greatest Earth day experts that ever existed.

• The expert that I learned the most from was Clover Hogan. She taught me that even small things can make a difference. I can also talk to people in my community to help make a difference. The things I can do to stop the spread of climate change are just small things I can do in my daily life. Starting a group with people in my community to talk about issues will motivate other people to help make a change as well.

• The expert that I learnt the most from was Clover Hogan. I learned a lot from her story of how she much she was deeply in love with nature and how that inspired to help bring about change and encourage others to follow in her footsteps. Using her platform, she teaches other way they can do to bring about change to help the ultimate goal of eliminating climate change. She also assists businesses and help them to transition to more sustainable methods of commerce.

• I learnt much from Clover Hogan. She taught me about the power of a single individual person, with people being able to make significant change and shows how one person can use their resources to bring about a new perspective. She also gives insight into how exactly we can help our causes, and seems very knowledgeable about her area of expertise.

• Hello, first of all I am all the experts, I learned information from them and benefited from valuable things, but the expert that I learned the most from was Matthew Paul, because I learned a lot from him about Metaverse and what I did in the world and he inspired me An important thing is that Metaverse does not only evoke in the broadest sense virtual worlds, but may refer to the Internet as a whole, including the full scope of augmented reality, as this makes it easy for everyone to enter all communication sites Social and go deeper so thank you Matthew Paul for teaching us that precious information

• the expert that that i learnt the most from was "Clover Horgan" because she taught me that no matter who you are, how old you are or where you are from, you can always help save the planet in every little way you can, since she as a 23 year old woman managed to drag attention on the topic of climate change and she also was able to get attention from over 2 million people. so with that I was able to understand that it does not matter whether you are a famous person or not, as long as you get enough or you get the right attention you can make a difference to the world. And you can also do it in every little way you can.

• The expert that I learnt the most from and the conversation was the best and interactive was Mathew ball he taught me about how the metaverse would be of great advantage and how the metaverse will be a great way to solve unemployment and promote socialization and educational aspects ,before his response I thought that metaverse will only lead to addiction and Psychological effects ,but now I learn that the metaverse will work depending on how it used about the effects the user just have to use it between a limited time to reduce the risk of addiction. I was inspired after researching on what the metaverse is and how Mathew ball wrote a novel about metaverse ,that how the metaverse is a replica of the real world , how the idea will make a great change like how the metaverse will be and it’s possibilities , just imagining how it will be is amazing .

• The expert that I learnt the most from was Clover Hogan because she taught me that we can make a difference to the world and it doesn't matter how old you are. She inspired me with planet positive step we can all take to lead a more eco friendly lifestyle.she inspired me a lot and one day I would like to o be able to follow her footsteps in helping to save the earth 🌎