Personality or Policy?

USMidTerm-SpecialTask-Banner

When it comes to voting for a new leader, some people vote for a candidate based on their policies. Policies are plans that a candidate will put into action if they are chosen by voters. For example, some candidates might say they will focus on the environment but others might have policies that make healthcare or schools a priority.

However, some people think that a candidate's personality is just as important as their policies.

“I have to like someone’s personality, as much as I like their policies to vote for them.”

Comments (68)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• In my honest opinion I believe that a persons personality matter more than a persons policies. Someone's policies can never work if that person does not have a good personality I mean do we all agree using my country Nigeria as an example, Peter Obi, a candidate for the 2023 election has an impeccable personality so we can believe from his thousands of interviews that he would be the person that would make a good difference on Nigeria. I think the best personality of a leader will be his or her ability to work under pressure and her honesty .

• "What's more important for being a leader: policies or personality? Why?"

In my opinion, personality plays a huge role in person's career and success... If a political leader lacks experience, but has an outstanding personality, he/she can surround himself/herself with experienced people to become more skilful. The researches have shown that: when you surround yourself with bright and creative minds, you will have the ability to make good decisions and so on. A person with a good character is loved, respected and trusted by the society...
    So, to sum up everything I've said: I think that it's more important for a political leader to have a marvelous personality...

Thank you! :)

1. I believe that people who stand as candidates in any political elections should be politically literate, educated, have experience in political activities, have a good education, represent the interests various strata of society. Any candidate must have a sound motivated program
      The program presented by him should be a plan for his further actions.
      All provisions of the program must resonate with Voters to motivate them to elect this candidate.

2. I like your thoughts on the role personality plays. What do you think would happen if a person with a great personality tried to implement poorly thought-out policies?

1. Well, that's an interesting question... I believe, if a political leader implements poorly throughout policies, his/ her outstanding personality won't cover up anything.
        I mean, what's the point of being a political leader and performing unsuccessfully throughout policies, while there are other candidates that can do better...

3. Nice! but I have a question
      How can he be a leader with an outstanding personality and he does not have experience?
      Where can I be a leader and I don't know anything about leadership, but I have good qualities! In my opinion, no, the leader is among his basic qualities wisdom and rationality, and he derives them from the experiences he went through or previous experiences that inspired him, Any of these experiences earned him a social intelligence that refined his personality and being, to become a leader, and this is what encouraged us to choose him to represent us.
      As for surrounding him with experienced people to become more skilled, this means that those with experience are better than him in terms of awareness and knowledge! So they are able to make more wise decisions, so why not choose them?

4. I agree political leaders need to have a good personality to be able to surround themselves with skillful people so that they will progress. For a leader to succeed, he must know how to react to different situations, work most efficiently, resolve conflict, communicate, and more and to do this, he has to have a good personality. Although, the personality of a leader does not determine his/her potential.

5. I disagree because...
      No one is going to care about your personality. People nowadays care about the policies you are going to bring into the country. People only care about how your policies are going to lead to the development of the country and how they are going to solve all the problems in the country and there is no way someone will vote for you when you have a good personality but with poor policies Even if your personality is bad but as long as you have policies that will help eradicate poor living of the people and other problems in the country.

• I vote for the person whose character is bad, but his policy is strong and wonderful, because he will rule the countries and form a successful and strong country, and therefore he will get people's love. As for the person who loves people, but his character is bad and weak, this does not benefit the country but harms it. To be loved by people and also a strong policy.

1. I am curious how someone with a bad character can form a strong and wonderful policy, could you explain a bit more? Is there a particular leader you have in mind?

1. I can give an example of Muammar Gaddafi the president who ruled Libya for 42years. You see that this man was a dictator but he had very good policies that developed Libya policies like opening for children bank accounts as early as they are still in primary so that they can start saving as soon as possible so that when they grow up they have what to start with. Then he made sure he helped the needy. In what way? He made sure that the people had an office that they reported to incase they has financial issues and could help them.

• Always judging a person is not based on his appearance, but on his personality by the elegance within him. The person has a personality, whether he is beautiful or otherwise. The personality significantly affects the politics and decisions of the human being. The decisions and principles of the person stem from his personality. Voting for a person is unfair in his judgment just because I love him. This is an illegal vote. When I vote for him, I must look at his character. It is the personality, as we talked about, that stems from politics and principles. The leader, when he rules, must be able to publish a policy that satisfies everyone in all respects and all groups. There must be Elections and voting so that people can have their say

• Youth must participate politically, because the youth stage is the stage of giving and creativity, and this creativity and giving is a precious revolution that cannot be compensated for. Young people can change the society. Therefore, they are the ones who create the future. Engaging in politics is the low level of culture among young people, and engagement occurs for many reasons, including many pressures that occur to them, whether family or social.

1. You raise a very valid point that young people can change the society and create the future, do you have any examples of this happening in the past?

1. No, because in the past, few young people were involved in politics, because there were not many people who supported them and supported their creative decisions.

• More important than being a leader: politics or character?
    My answer is personality because personality is a vital part of leadership and cannot be ignored, as it forms the basis of how we interact with the world around us, where the focus is placed on traits, values, and virtues.

1. What do you think influences someone's personality? What do you think influences their politics? Are these different things?

• For me what's important is the person's personalities. In picking a leader certain things have to be considered like the person's morals,personalities, character, emotional stability, ability to carry out a task efficiently, physical and mental stability. A person with bad personalities is not equipped, not cappable and can't lead the people rightly because of the person's bad personalities.

1. I really like how you define what a personality is mesmerising_swan!

• A: I believe that personality is superior to policy because Liz Truss said that she will help with the cost of living but she did not live up to the expectations of our country. A person's personality is one of the most important traits in my opinion. It is important to have a good personality or if you try to run for pime minister in the future it may end up where Liz Truss is now.

B: I would vote for the person whose personality is best as they can simply expand their goals over time because I believe that prime ministers should already be like this and try to save our earth. COP27 is coming up and it Will most likely make a new headline.

C: I would say courageous, devoted leader who makes time for themselves because then they may not be able to uphold their title for long. I would also add kindness to it or it will go down south.
    thanks for reading :)

1. Can you give an example of where you've seen a person in a leadership position be courageous or kind?

1. When my teacher gets the whole class to shush. Never felt more proud of her.

2. The previous prime minister of Pakistan; Imran Khan. His courage to stand firm and stay steadfast is known throughout the world. Our country is facing numerous issues, most importantly corruption, poverty and illiteracy. During his rein, Khan specifically focused on these problems and made effective decisions.
        His kindness is not something that's hidden. He was a famous cricket captain of Pakistan’s national cricket team. Once he won the world cup of 1992, he donated all the prize money to make the first finest cancer hospital of Pakistan namely Shaukat Khanam Memorial.

2. Hi, I like your use of examples when discussing policy versus personality. What would you consider a good personality for a leader (traits or mannerisms)?

1. ●He is loyal to his state
        ●He is generous and kind-hearted
        ●He is honest and follows the principles of morality and modesty
        ●He never runs after money
        ●He makes himself worthy to be followed as a golden example
        ●He must not fear about his life and never turn his back on the nation
        ●A better future for the country must be his priority
        ● He must be a just leader
        ●He must never feel himself better than the poor people and should not hesitate to mix up with the needy people for a small fraction of time

3. I agree: the connection you have made about Liz Truss and her policies is amazing. How can we trust someone's policies if we can't see that kindness and generosity in their personality? However, when a candidate makes a policy, isn't it like a goal that they want to achieve and conquer, and when they do this, they think of what qualities they may need to reach the goal. It is like a motivation for them to change their personality, which everyone can do.

• There must be a compatibility between the personality and the policies. When I choose, I will choose the right person in the right place. In the sense that I will nominate a good, strong, rational person who I see is capable of making decisions and leading things and can put plans into action to achieve his desired goals

1. This is an excellent assessment, champion_conclusion. A good politician needs to have both. Can you give an example of a politician that you admire for their personality? Did they achieve their goals?

• The political leader must have a prominent leadership personality and good qualities. Even if the person has a bad policy. The policy can be developed, reformed, and changed through the use of those who are more experienced, knowledgeable and efficient to support, support and encourage self-development and change for the better. This positively affects the leadership personality. Which lacks briefing and developing plans for the course of things

• I see that there are many characteristics that must be present in the personality of a successful leader, the most important of which are: 1. His self-confidence, his confidence in his abilities and capabilities, so that those under his leadership can trust him. 2. Optimism, enthusiasm for work, sincerity and dedication in it. 3. Humility and humanity: since the leader is a person of the people, he feels what is going on in people’s minds. On the other hand, I see that leaders are people who do not focus on problems as much as they focus on solving them and on how to make his policy successful.

1. I completely agree with you, because in a person’s personality, the focus should be on self-confidence, as it is a very important thing, as it is an important factor of success. And self-confidence loves confrontation and does not like to escape, and enjoys independent opinions and ideas

• Leaders must make the focus of their concerns are 1 to find solutions to the problems facing the citizens who trusted him and put their hopes on themselves, 2 and to strive for the advancement and progress of their society. 3 Implement the plans that have been developed in order to gain people’s trust in him and his policy aimed at change and progress in all areas without limitation

• Is it more important than being a leader, politics or personality?
    My answer is politics. There is a strong relationship between the leader and politics. The leader works to influence his people to achieve change, and to fight against the status quo.
    The leader and politician needs a great goal that he struggles to achieve, and he changes his life for this goal, but how can the political leader reach to formulate a goal worth sacrificing his life for

• Is it more important than being a leader, politics or personality?
    My answer is politics. There is a strong relationship between the leader and politics. The leader works to influence his people to achieve change, and to fight against the status quo. For example, in our school when elections are held to choose the student parliament, it is chosen according to self-awareness and the ability to make the right decisions.
    Courage, problem solving, etc
    The leader and politician needs a great goal that he struggles to achieve, and he changes his life for this goal, but how can the political leader reach to formulate a goal worth sacrificing his life for

• In my opinion, policies are the most important. A successful policy is like a good building. It will work to protect the family from heat, cold and predatory animals. Politics means the ability to persuade and develop plans and motives for the benefit of his people and protect them from the evil of control and wars, and will work to establish His home is with everything he can in order to protect him and his family, but if his policies are a failure, it is like a house that is not well built, from the first or second wind blows that fall, and this is how the policy, if it is not good and not sufficient to establish a homeland and a people, will work to destroy it and Kill it instead of fixing it. As for the character, I do not deny its importance, but it is not the main goal, as the character comes after participating in life's battles.

1. Your definition of politics as the ability to persude is spot-on, free_snail. But I'm intrigued that you say a person's character is only formed after some experience of life. Do you think this means young people should not get involved in politics?

1. that. I mean that politicians should have experience, so how did they become politicians? Were they not young people in the past? Young people should get involved in politics, but not in order to be a politician, but rather in order to develop their policies and motives and know the political world in a clearer way. Then they are the ones who decide if they want that or not (self-development and discovering responsibility is what leads to giving experience).

2. I understand your points, but I do kinda disagree.
      I feel like you simply cannot have policies over personality because eventually, personality will seep into policies. A political leader's personality will set the very foundation for all of their action in my opinion. Policies are a direct teller of a leader's personality, and with time, it will become alarmingly obvious. When leaders get bored of their original plan - which they most certainly will - their personality is going to guide them on creating new policies, serving as a direct reflection of them.
      I do agree with your above mentioned point, though. We vote leaders in for their policies and not their personalities, but I cannot help but think the two are so strongly interconnected that it's impossible to seperate them.

1. I liked your point of view very much

"Policies are the direct narrator of the leader's personality," but there must be words so that the personality can narrate it, and that between what is said and not intended and what is meant and not uttered is the corruption of nations, because it is the personality that will determine what it will say, but policies do not make the leader the only one who He and his personality make decisions, and there are even ministers who must be consulted, and the interest of the people taken with great importance, and all of this is determined by politics, not personality.

• see that the most important characteristic of a leader is the vision of the future, as I agree with Richard Paul Evans when he said, "When a man loses his vision of the future, he dies." As the vision of the future predicts what the correctness of your decisions and policies are, because when you put in your mind how everyone will deal with it or How do they suffer from it? You will do something automatically to help them if your policies are not a failure, but if they are successful, you will think about the things that can improve these policies, so that your people will become one of the best peoples.

• In my opinion, a person's politics is more important than his personality and appearance, and there is a saying that says (Do not judge a book by its cover).
    In addition, he can learn how to get the character. It is certain that the President participates in more than one meeting. To meet around a meeting, he will learn to deal with the character and will learn how to speak boldly.

• personally I think that a persons personality plays a better role in whatever he or she is doing because if a person has good personality and not all that good policy, and has people with good policies beside him he or she can be a good leader. For example not criticizing the Nigerian government but during the 2015 election the candidate who was running for president promised all Nigerians change both economical and insecurity aspect. And during the election Nigerians voted for the candidate because of his polices and not his personality. And the candidate won the election and nothing change but everything got worse different things started happening including our education standard. I think for this up coming election citizens should check up the personality of the candidates running instead of their polices.
    To round this up I just want to say that it is better for a leader to have a good personality than great policies.

1. Can you give more details about what you mean by a good personality, blithesome_engineer?

• One of the most important specifications in a leader is that he be political and personal, and he must be a strong personality so that he can bear the problems facing the people and be a beloved personality of the people. Politics needs experience, but experience can be gained from his friends and from the people next to him. The leader must acquire politics and personality together, but the most important The character and that his personality is very likable. If I am going to vote for someone, I will vote for someone I love, even if his politics is bad, because politics can be acquired. The most important character for a leader is to be strong so that he can make the right decisions. The leader must focus on protecting the people and providing them with all their rights.

• What is more important than being a leader? Politics or personalities and why? In my opinion, the personal leader is good and his decisions are good, but what about the countries he will rule if he does not have politics and power, will he be able?! Of course I will vote for someone who has a bad personality and I like his ideas. . The political leader must focus on protecting his homeland and his people and providing them with food, water and electricity, and he must have a genius idea for the development of his society.

• I think I will choose the leader with good personal qualities even if his program does not meet my ambitions because he is a person who is able to fulfill his promises and commitments, unlike a bad person who can betray us in the future. I believe that the most important qualities of a leader are honesty, ability to persuade, and speed in making the right decision at the right time. Emphasis should be placed on solving the problems of poverty, environment, climate, water, women's rights, political conflicts, minorities, wars and human trafficking.

1. Hi, those are some good points. If a candidate had a less appealing personality would you still vote for them if they had good views on key issues and plans to solving those problems?

• "What's more important for being a leader: policies or personality? Why?"

In my opinion, personality plays a huge role in person's career and success... If a political leader lacks experience, but has an outstanding personality, he/she can surround himself/herself with experienced people to become more skilful. The researches have shown that: when you surround yourself with bright and creative minds, you will have the ability to make good decisions and so on. A person with a good character is loved, respected and trusted by the society...
    So, to sum up everything I've said: I think that it's more important for a political leader to have a marvellous personality...

• I think it is the personality because they always choose the leader from his personality and if he has a personality he can become a leader and when he becomes a leader then he can control and care about politics.

I will vote for someone I love and whose policy is bad because he can, through instructions and others from me, for example, amend and improve his policy, and thus a person I love becomes a good politician.

The most important character trait is to be bold and not afraid of anyone and can control, and what they should focus on in their policy is the employees around them and the laws of politics. I think that there is nothing more important than the laws.

• In my understanding, a person with a good personality is likely to have success in politics since he/she cannot have a good personality and then with bad or unfriendly policies because somebody with good personality always has a lot of friends besides him so in these people atleast one can help him change his policies and having a good personality will draw people closer and help to know there problems so policy can change with personality on my side i choose personality over policy

• In my understanding, a person with a good personality is likely to have success in politics since he/she cannot have a good personality and then with bad or unfriendly policies because somebody with good personality always has a lot of friends besides him so in these people at least one can help him change his policies and having a good personality will draw people closer and help to know there problems so policy can change with personality on my side i choose personality over policy

• I feel like a leader's personality would be more important than a leader's policies because a leader with a good personality would be more open to listen to the public's issues and the public wouldn't have any fears approaching the leader.

I would vote for someone just because they have a good personality rather than a bad one because they are more likable even if their policies weren't the best. A leader with a good personality would get more support from other people and get ideas because their liked rather than someone who has a bad personality wouldn't really be helped that much.

I'd say that the most important personality trait for a leader would be kindness, being truthful and honest and finally being calm and strong in moments when most needed.

• Policies or Personality. I think that policies would be better than personality. Because if you think about it would you agree with someone or like someone. Here is why i think that policies are better than personality because i will like someone that is agreeing with me for stuff like children's education. And why i don't want a person with a nice personality and bad policies is because they really won't care about our like but they will have a good personality.so i will choses policies ove personality. What's your opinion?

• Policies and personalities are tough. I would rather vote for someone who agrees to make the correct decision for our country or State and well enough, Having a bad personality but making the right decisions seems better than just being nice but not having reasonable changes or doing what is right or what should be done to improve our country/ State. It isn't equal choosing to vote for someone just because you like them, it just isn't the best decision in my opinion. When voting, you gotta observe this person or that person including details like what changes they say they will make that may be good or bad for your country and/or State. Though, someone with a bad personality may make good decisions, whats stopping someone who has a good personality from making good decisions?

For example, Benjamin Franklin had an impact AND had a good character. He was a great promoter of American ideals but that isn't all. He was also an Inventor, a scientist, a politician, and more. What I'm saying is, Just because you have good character and personality, doesn't mean you won't make good decisions. Though, this is still Policy over personality and so, I would have to choose Policy.

1. Great use of examples in this comment, funny_cow!

• If a leader has a history of lies people will probbly not vote or elect that person because that person can say something but not do what they said they would do. But,some people will vote for that person because they can say something is needed like reforms.

• I wouldn't vote for someone with a bad personality even though I liked their ideas, because if they have a bad personality and they get mad I wouldn't know what they're capable of doing. I also wouldn't vote for them, because I think that I would vote for someone with a good personality, and that can do things to help our country to lead our country.

1. Some people might say you can't be nice in politics? Why might they say that?

• What is more important than being a leader: politics or character? why?
    In my opinion, the personality of a leader plays a greater role in the success of his profession than interference in the politics of his subjects. If a political leader lacks experience, but has a good character, and has people with good policies by his side, he can be a good leader.
    I believe that the people who run for themselves in any political elections should be politically educated, educated, experienced in political activities, have a good education, represent the interests of the different strata of society and do not interfere in the politics of their people.
    I'd rather vote for someone who agrees to make the right decision for our country and healthy enough, having a bad character but making the right decisions seems better than just being nice but not having reasonable changes Or doing what is right or what needs to be done to improve our country. Choosing to vote for someone isn't just because you love them, it's not the best decision in my opinion .

• In my opinion i think policies matter because if your personality but policies are bad that won't be good because
    mean bad senator or president or governor so i think policies.

• In my opinion policy is more important then personality because that way you know that you agree with someone because you have the same ideas and opinion .And not because you like them if you would trust someone that you agree with you know that they are doing what is good for you.

1. Great point determined_land!

• Ok it's very complicated question but i prefer personality over policy these both virtues are correlating with one another if a person has a good personality he would be more likely to apply great policies for his public .For a leader having a great personality is extremely important.
    In my opinion what makes personality more important is that if a leader has a good and strong character he will surely make greak foreign policy.

• I think policies doesn't matter in my view I would like to vote that leader that personality are best because personality effects how people react to different situations , work more efficiently , resolve conflict , communication and more , because personality dictates people's behavior

• What is more important than being a leader: politics or personality? Why?
    I say personality and politics play an important role in being a successful leader.
    Would you vote for someone with a bad personality if you liked their ideas? Or will you vote for someone you love even if their policies are bad?I will not vote for each because if his personality is bad, how can he be a good and successful leader and not win the love of people, and if his politics are bad, how can he govern a state and how will he establish a successful state, he will do damage to the state that governs it,
    What is the most important personal feature of the leader?Have experience in the field of work, be responsible and know well how to communicate with others, listen to them, experience, ambition, self-confidence, humility and humanity

• In my opinion, I would choose a leader who has good character, regardless of whether his program is in line with my ambitions, because he is a person who can fulfill promises and commitments, as opposed to a bad person who might betray us. As far as I'm concerned, honesty, persuasion ability, and making the right decision at the right time are some of the most important qualities of a leader. Women's rights, political conflicts, minorities, wars, and human trafficking should be prioritized when solving poverty, environmental problems, climate change, and water issues.

1. You've given some great examples here, tidy_twilight. Can you name any world leaders that you admire for their honesty, persuasiveness or decision-making?

1. As the time passes, many eras begin and simultaneously many come to and end. The history his rich with such examples. However, the leaders I admire without keeping my religion and nation in view are:
        ▪ Umar ibn Al-Khattab
        He is known for being one of the most just leaders. He used to wear clothes like a poor would wear and would also never hesitate to wear the ones with patches.
        ▪Nelson Mandela
        He is known as the man whose cause for freedom proved triumphant
        ▪Imran Khan
        He is known for being very courageous and devoted to his cause.

• Policies are more important for being a leader then personality. In my opinion both are really important but i think polices would be more relevant to becoming a leader. I think this because a policy could make the country or state better as in better opportunities, jobs, etc.

• Policies play a key role in defining any leader's outlook and personality plays a key role in providing visibility to that person. A combination of both ensures a successful charismatic leader with strong fundamental principles and policies in making. However a person devoid of personality will find it extremely challenging to become a leader unless the power is blessed with circumstances that push him into limelight. Same is not true for a charismatic person. A charismatic person devoid of policies will find it impossible to stay at the same place for a longer duration and will eventually fall. Both are important but policies play a pivotal role in bringing sustainability to a leader's life. A charismatic person devoid of policies can easily manipulate others and will be the reason for his and the country’s own downfall but a person devoid of personality will have perils in his way but will strategically pave his way up.

I think the most important personality trait is honesty with oneself and transparency and truthfulness with others. For their policies one should focus more on bridging the gaps between have nots and have more.

• My opinion is that personality is matter more than a persons policies.Because personality affects how people react to differnt situations , workmost efficiency resolve conflict,communicate and more because personality dictates people's behaviors , leaders must understand the types of their team members.

• i think for a leader personality and policies both does matter but personality has greater effect on the character of leader. Because a leader could handle the problems if he had good personality and policies but if the leader only has policies nor personality than the leader cannot ever win the heart of his youth .
    secondly if i talk in respect of normal humans than personality does matter over policies because no matter how much u are punctual the thing which matter is your behavior.
    a person can live without policies but cannot live without personality

1. Are there any important policies that some people could not live without?

1. Yes, there are and thanks to this festival i came to know that with respect to personality, policy also does matter
        And about your question i would say that not only leader need policy but every single person should have policy like..
        1. Policy of working schedule i mean time table
        2. Management
        Not being fool by other how to maintain your self
        Most important i would say health policy
        Because everyone knows that" first wealth is health"
        And also there are many policies which every single person shoild adopt

• i think both the personality and policy matters because a person who has a good personality but does not have an effective policy can not run the country in a proper way.
    At the same time, a person with effective policies but not a good personality can not interact properly with his nation and foreign countries.

• I think I choose a leader who has honest and strong morals, listens to people's opinions, can meet their needs, has the right readers, and solves the problem of poverty, climate change, population growth, extreme income inequality and unemployment.

• Family politics are example of worshipping a personality. Once a talented person who's policies have actually inspired the people to go after him/her will make a way for the family members to enjoy the chair. This is where people have no cognizance of their actual needs. So the saying," I have to like someone’s personality, as much as I like their policies to vote for them.”, sounds realistic for a cognizant person. Both personal capabilities and policies should matter for a leader, because good policies are given and implemented by capable personalities.

• politics and personality should be considered important at the same time, as the personality of the leader needs administrative and creative ideas for the state, and personal competencies also contribute to building and developing the state from behind a wonderful leadership. I will vote for those whose ideas I like, despite his bad personality, as his ideas and behavior are what interest me in promoting the state. One of the traits that I admire... Courage, poise, honesty, perseverance and initiative. And the policy that we want him to put forward is ideas and opinions that help advance the country and its people.

• In my opinion,both personality and
    policy are so important for any leader.But when I choose one of them, I think personality plays a vital role in being a leader.As when the leader has a strong personality, trusts in himself,and people love him;all these factors lead to make him to be successful.

Moreover,when a leader has a strong personality he can manage difficult affairs of the state.
    Concerning policy,it can be gained by experience and studying politics through observing the international politicians and how they deal with different incidents.

So I think personality is more important than policy in making a great leader.

• I would vote the person who had both personality and policy because both does matter to control the country
    Firstly if i talk about the person having only policy not personality such type of person would not be able to win the heart if his own people not only his nation but he might also not be able to make good relationship with foreign countries.
    If a person only had personality nor policy such type of person won't be able to run a country very well. He might be cheated by other people or people may make them fool.
    Although personality really does matter alot more than policies but for a leader a leader should have both characters .
    By summing up i would say that a leader should have both to rule the country very well, and to win heart of his nation

• In my opinion, personality plays a huge role in person's career and success..

• I feel as if i would vote for a leader with good policies i say this because they could have the worst attitude/vibe or whatever you may call it, because they can possibly make a change to our economy or environment you never know only because you see them for their way of acting doesn't mean that they could make our economy or environment a place that we can't stan so i feel as if as i want a leader that has grate policies instead of their personality. You might think that's who they are but maybe when they start making a change to our economy or environment then we might think different. I have a question have you ever heard the term don't judge a book by its cover well maybe this could be the term that we might need to know because we can't judge people on their appearance. I hope this was what you wanted to hear, Thank You.

1. Am I correct in summarising your opinion as politicians put on a act as part of their job so you can't base your decision on personality but should look at policies?

This is an astute observation. Their job is to convince people of their ideas.

• I think policies r more important than personality . I'll vote a candidate with strong policies becoz countries s conditions can b changed only becoz of strategies nd plans . It is same like actions r more louder than words .
    The most important trait a personality should have the ability to enhance productivity of the country .as a consequent exports of the country would b increased.

• has an outstanding personality, he/she can surround himself/herself with experienced people to become more skilful. The researches have shown that: when you surround yourself with bright and creative minds, you will have the ability to make good decisions and so on. A person with a good character is loved, respected and trusted by the society...
    So, to sum up everything I've said: I think that it's more important for a political leader to have a marvelous personality...

• In my opinion i think both are equal but me i like the personality but as well you got to think what comes along with that personality such as herchel walker he might have a good personality but he is a bad man so i choose personality .

• in my opinion i think that a persons personality is more important than a persons policy becuase if i see that a person is kind and has a good personality, and if i see someone with a good policy i would probobly not vote them.

• The mindset is more important than personality. If a person doing well then personality itself stands nowhere but becomes an icon of popularity.
    Of course, I will vote not just for personality but only for ideas, intentions, and practices. This is because the ideas, intentions, and practices reflect a personality.

• What's more important for being a leader: policies or personality? Why?

I think that policies are more important as when someone has a policy, it is like a goal that they can work their way up to to acheive gracefully. It is a target for them to reach; it can inspire people [like a candidate] to be a person of generosity and kindness for their people. It can make the candidate think of what qualities they may need to acheive this policy and this will make them a better leader- everyone can change, as we all have kindness in our hearts, don't we?

• I will vote for politics, because the followers do not wait for you to rebuild your policy and empower you. Rather, they first and foremost like that someone who leads them is responsible who understands their requirements and policies, who can go to the centers of personality and self-refinement, as we are here in the leadership of the school’s student parliament. The school has given us people who work on Our training and make from people who are basic and understanding of all duties to students with wonderful personalities later

• In my opinion the mot important personality in the leader is the honesty.

1. Why do you think honesty is important?

1. Honesty is important because being an honorable person helps people to believe you then they would like you

• In my opinion, personality is what makes politics, as each person has a different personality from the other, so if someone's personality is strong, fair, kind, and honest, then his policy will be based on that, but if his personality is weak and not confident, then his policy will be like this. His personality is strong, false and spiteful, so his politics will be like this, and thus the personality determines politics in my opinion.

1. Can you think of any other factors that shape a person's politics?

1. Yes, there are many factors that shape a person's policy, for example: the person's living conditions, there are people who live in harsh and difficult conditions, and there are those who live in luxury and comfort, so this affects the person's policy, and there are also other factors such as: some people take Their parents are role models for them, and therefore the behavior of parents with others and with their children affects the policy of the person.

• I believe that policies and the personality are really linked together, because the candidate's personality determines how trustworthy is his/her policies. For instance, if a candidate had a policy to make a shift in environmental domain, he must be a true leader, a trusted one, and a person who have a background initiatives to protect the environment. Another example, if a candidate had a policy saying that he/she will increase all the citizens' salaries, but he had a weak personality, untrusted character between his/her neighborhood, and not a critical thinker that just drop words to convince without thinking of the ways or abilities. so whom will you trust and give your vote for? then personality matters with policies, isn't it?

• In my opinion, Both Personality and policies are quite tough but Personality plays a vital role than his/her policies. If he/she has good personality he/she can work with expert people and can make his/her policies strong with many good ideas and creative minds.But those people who have bad personality can also have the best policies than good personality.And sometime Bad personality can change your community,society and a country with creative ideas into the good and best community,society and a country but A person who speaks politely,give respect to others and has good character is highly respected and trusted by every person in a community,society and a country.So, Good personality matters in poltical leaders too.
    Thank You

1. Just in line with your post his/her personality is what makes your policy and when you have a good personality you would have a good policy and as a leader your country as well will be good

1. Do you think having a great personality makes someone good at creating rules and policy too?

1. Yes because it is from a good personality that you can create a good policy

• That the leader has a personality is much more important than his politics, because whoever has a personality can build a policy that is compatible with it, as they are complementary. A leader, through his strong personality, can impose his just and honest policy on everyone. He can control any imbalance.
    For whom do I give my vote?
    Any person who needs to change his country for the better should vote for the appropriate leader with personality and ideas that are beneficial to all.

The most important characteristic of a leader is honesty, honesty, transparency and humility.
    The leader must focus on putting the right people in the right places, holding those who take bribes accountable, and placing control over every person working in the field of his policy.
    He should also focus on the method of discussion, dialogue and exchanging appropriate opinions.

• "What is more important to being a leader: politics or personality? Why?" In my opinion, personality plays a huge part in a person's career and success... If a political leader is inexperienced, but has an outstanding personality, he/she can surround him/herself with experienced people to become more skilled. Research has shown that: When you surround yourself with smart and creative minds, you will have the power to make good decisions and so on. A person with good character is loved, respected and trusted by the community... So, to sum up everything I said: I think it is very important for a political leader to have a great personality... Thank you! :)

• I think I will choose a leader with a good personality because I feel like the personality of a leader will tell you whether his or her policy is workable or not. A leader could put up a fake policy to entice people to vote for him/her but the person's personality will tell you whether to vote for that person or not. In Nigeria, our current president came with good policies when campaigning for elections but he had a bad personality. Many people were fooled by his policies thinking they would see a change in the country. His tenure is almost over and not one of his policies has been put into action. We as Nigerians have not seen the results of all his policies. Now the next election is coming up early in 2023 and if I were old enough to vote I would vote for someone with a very good personality because in my opinion that will tell whether that candidate will be true to what he/she says.

• Just like how they say education without character is useless then policies without personality is useless as well. If you have a leader who will say I will construct new roads, I will build new hospitals,schools,libraries and so on these are his policies and when he eventually gets voted he can forget all these things he said and only remember when his tenureis almost over and this is his personality. So what's important about being a leader is not just your policy but your policy and your personality.

• I would opt for the person with good personality.Personality defines a person's behaviour.A person who has a well drafted plan or policy can still opt not to do the agenda listed by him/her if he/she has a bad personlity.But a person without plans or who has no idea about what to do next but has the thought of doing something good for the public,will definitely come up with some plans with the help of others that would benefit the people.I feel that one of the most important personalities for a good leader is integrity.If he/she is going to be true to himself,true to the public and true to his/her position that he/she holds, it would make a good leader and it would greatly benefit the country.

• I feel like I would vote a leader for their policies and not their personality because a leader might act rude and have a bad attitude but when you get to know his policies and ideas you see that they are going to improve a lot in the country that is to say the environment,
    the economy and maybe the administration leading to the development of the country and the people themselves.

• I believe that policies are more important than personalities. This is because political leaders tend to be quite stubborn, which can actually help them through their career and also help their country as it means that they are not easily influenced and stick to what they think is right. This implies their confidence and strength as a leader, which is inevitably needed for politicians as it allows them to persuade the public much easier, in comparison to a weaker leader (for example Boris Johnson), who the public manage to have more power over. This was evident through the COVID pandemic, when Boris Johnson perhaps changed his mind too many times, to the point where people had no belief in their prime minister, as they felt as though their country was unstable due to this one leader. Furthermore, his weaker aspects did not get him through politics, as many people had this power to not vote for him to stay on as the prime minister. It could also be argued that Matt Hancock, the secretary of state for health and social care, was also a representation of a weaker politician, as he did not stick to his own rules and policies that were made during the pandemic. This links to the point of not only needing to have an element of stubbornness, but also needing certainty with what they initially say and having that strength to stick by the rules, no matter their status. His resignation highlights that he also saw himself as a weaker leader, not just the public, as he couldn't even stick to the policies that him and the government made.
    Furthermore, I believe that policies are more important because the strength and stability of a country will essentially be dependent on this in the long run, not just short term.

• I think policies is more important because you need to know the rules instead of personality but personality is still very important.