Suggest a discussion

Indian-Election-Banner

We’ve started the discussions about the Indian election – but it’s your job to keep them going!

Have you got a good question about this topic that you think would make a great discussion or debate?

Have you seen a smaller discussion on the Hub that you want others to pay more attention to?

Or have you heard any updates about this news story that you’d like to share?

Comments (42)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hiii, Hello, Namesthe and Vanakkam to everyone.........
    I think there should be a Hub discussion post about the role of social media in shaping public opinion during the Indian election, because it's a very important and useful topic that joins technology, politics, and society. With the increase use of social media in India, it's important to know how these social media changes voter behavior, political discourse, and the spreading of wrong information at the time of election. Understanding the role of social media on elections can provide valuable leader and gives the voter right path.
    Thank you...........

1. Hello Frank Tamarind.
      I can see your point of view and i agree but to a certain extend. Although, social media can provide valuable lessons and help you make your decision, they can easily fool you by presenting false information. For instance, they can manipulate someone and make him believe something thats not true. In my opinion thats very anethical but that is not what we are talking about. Social media may also affect your opinion by tricking you to vote the most popoular thats advertised the most in the social media. Lastly, i would like to add that social media is not a very trustworthy source to find infotmation for something and especially for someone!

1. HELLO, crafty signature
        I strongly agree with you because it is not always the media that provides true information about the correct things that are happening around the world. Sometimes the media creates faulty ideas probably when money is running low. To keep in business they could create things that do not happen or make a story and change the story to make business coming, you can hardly see a complete and true story this days.

1. I agree with you because in my opinion it is not really always the media does provide true news. I say so because one day, on the media, i heard that 40 people died but originally only 4 people died in the true story. Some times, the people who make the news really exagurate a lot and that could make a lot of people feel really troubled and anxious.

2. Hello, crafty signature,
        I agree because most people today rely on the internet to work and research notwithstanding the fact that the internet can also present false information. I am not trying to say that the internet always lies or we should not browse at all having the mindset that the internet would lie. But we should try to control the way we utilize the internet. A very good example was in Nigeria's 2023 general presidential elections. The board which was connected to the internet, presented false news and the elections were easily rigged.
        In essence, what I am trying to say is that we should not rely on the internet too much. Despite the fact that majority of the world today rely on the internet, it can also lead us into believing false information.
        THANK YOU!!!

2. I agree because this would be a very valid lesson and would help in the adaptation of better election voting and aside from that it would also allow everyone to know more about India and its diverse culture, the knowledge of how to use social media productively will allow for many innovations.

3. Yes I agree with you because the media should know their roles. They should not be the people to broadcast leaders or parties to choose in elections. Most people may think because they are the media they are always right, but it could be they are wrong and maybe it is their family members or friends and so they are taking a lot of people to vote them. To me, this hub
      discussion is really relevant.

4. I agree because the media us a huge and influential channel during elections. Thus is because the media is a national way if getting information. Because the media and news in partucular are so influential, alot of attention would be put on them because during elections, the news provides information such as the latest poll standings and results of various meetings. But I think that there should be a hub discussion about whether there is enough envolvement of women in election. Since international expenses day, alot of questions have been brought up such as would women enjoy the things that are commonly done by men?and would it be fair if women sit back and wait for jobs to be g8vfn to them. I think that the concept of fairness is not that you give A and B the same thing but rather, fairness is giving rewards according to how much each have worked with what was given to them from the beginning.

• The discussion I would like to suggest is "Giving the youth a chance to rule".
    Reason why I chose this topic is because all the political ruler of all country or state are all aged.the world is not giving the youth a chance,I personally think it is unfair.
    We need young mind to rule the world,so we can have new ideas, solution to our economic problems.old rulers or president do not have a good connection with the people,some of them have health issues,which they most attend to.
    Another reason I said we need young mind is because,most politicians are always wealthy and they don't care about the citizens they only focus on some area of development in a country.if it was to be an average man he will be aware of the pain the citizens are going through and will find a solution to it.
    If this can come to pass most especially in my country I will be so happy.because we need great and straightforward rulers in this country.

Thank you.

1. Rightly said admirable_butterfly.
      I totally get where you're coming from. It's important to have a mix of experienced leaders and fresh perspectives. Young minds can bring new ideas and solutions to the table. Plus, they can better connect with the needs of the people. It would be great to see more opportunities for the youth to be involved in ruling our countries.
      I also think that it's the high time Youth are allowed to rule.
      Thanks for sharing your perspective on this topic.
      Thank you!

2. Hello,
      I personally agree with you because most of the presidents that we have now are now aged. Some of them have even been in office for over 10 years and are still counting. For example, the president of Cameroon, Paul Biya has been in office since 1982 till date. Despite the fact that aged men and women might be more experienced, youth should also be given an opportunity to show their leadership skills and prove that they are capable of becoming great leaders and leading the province that they reside in to a great future.
      THANK YOU!!!

3. Yes, I agree with you. We need young people with fresh and straight mindset. Most of the leaders I see now are old and I think it is so because most people think that they have gone through stages in life and so they have an idea on how to handle things as they are more matured. It doesn't mean that we will pick youths that we know they can't handle it just because we need youths but those who are capable. I think we really need to give them a chance to prove what they have Inside. This topic would be really great to have.

• I will like to suggest a discussion, if there are 1.4 billion people in India, how are people or electorate vote for their leader who will govern them and provide for the benefit of the country, we should find a solution on how to help them on how they will vote in an election .

• I think there should be a Hub discussion about Rigging. Rigging is when political parties dishonestly arrange for themselves to win the election using a lot of money. Rigging should be stopped because when a citizen votes, they are choosing their leader. But, when rigging happens the citizens get angry and might flee the country or protest against them angrily. Let's have a hub discussion about rigging and how to stop it!
    Thank You

1. HELLO committed planet,
      I agree with you because rigging is mostly common for someone to win the election, when people are suppose to choose the leader that would help there country and they agree with one leader the people come together as one nation but when rigging occurs all they're efforts are wasted and all the risked lives are considered useless.

2. I agree with commited_planet. Aside from rigging another topic I think should be a Hub discussion is thuggery during the election process. How do we put an end to this terrible menace? During elections, we hear of politicians using thugs to snatch ballot boxes and the increase in violence. In the last election in Nigeria, there were reported cases of people chasing voters away from their polling booths and in some other instances, people were assaulted.

3. I agree with you @commited_planet. Your Idea is really good. Rigging usually is done by the political party currently in power for the future elections because they have the power. I have even heard of people rigging the voting machines and booths. We can have a discussion on how to prevent this and what effects can it have. Rigging sometimes also creates instability in the country.
      Recently I even read a news of rigging in the general elections of Pakistan and Pakistan is soon going to be holding a meeting to evaluate the evidence of 'alleged poll rigging'.
      Thank you.

• Good day fellow topical talkers,
    I Actually think that this topics is a broad topic and actually think that it’ll be nice if we talk or discuss about the problems that India’s citizens are facing in their systems of government and how they can be solved!
    With this the Indian's citizens would have an idea about the problems they’re facing and what we could do about it!
    What do you think Kim, What do you think fellow topical talkers?’l!

• Hello tropical talk users ,
    "I think there should be a hub discussion post about the role of money in indian elections because it's a contentious issue that impacts the fairness and integrity of the electoral process. From campaign financing to the influence of wealthy individuals and corporations, exploring this topic could shed light on potential reforms needed to ensure more equitable and transparent elections in India.
    Thanks!

• A discussion I will like to suggest is "why do some people refuse to cast their vote".
    Some many people do not vote during election due to certain reason,most especially the young people.from what I noticed the reason why most people don't bother to vote is because of electoral malpractice,the system is corrupt and need to be changed.
    But is not cast your vote the solution?
    If you ask I will say no, because all we need is to come together and make the system fair.and how will we achieve this ,by giving citizens the right to vote and to be voted for,the election should be monitored properly, politicians that engage in malpractice should be punished rightfully.
    Because if the system is fair it will change the mind of voters.

• Why isn't propaganda during an election cycle often discussed? A political candidate might use the media in his favor in order to spread his agenda and also slander the name of his opossition. It is a real issue that isn't often given enough attention,because it also impacts the outcome of an election,which isn't a good thing,because it kind of takes away the importance of voting. Also,it can be used to trick people into believing that one side is inherently bad.
    Overall,i believe that propaganda changes the outcome of an election and the danger it poses for our democracies should be adressed.

• I think there should be a Hub discussion post about the fact that only one person gets the opportunity to govern 1.4 billion people. The indian population is way too much to be governed by only one single leader.

1. How would you suggest this situation is improved?

1. Hi Eva @ Topical Talk!
        In my perspective,Creating a Hub discussion post about the concentration of power in the hands of one leader for such a large population could spark important dialogue on potential reforms or alternative governance structures to better represent the diverse needs of India's 1.4 billion people.

Thank you!!

• I think there should be a hub discussion post about: "Women in Indian Politics: Breaking Barriers or Facing Challenges?" This could initiate conversations about the representation of women in Indian politics, the challenges they face, and the progress made towards gender equality in political leadership roles.

Thank you!

1. I disagree because... Everybody is allowed to vote if their old enough so I disagree

1. Hello,creative_independence, it seems like there might be a misunderstanding about the topic. We're not talking about voting rights here. The discussion is actually about women in Indian politics ,the difficulties they encounter and the progress they've made in getting more equal opportunities in leadership roles. It would be great to hear your thoughts on this. What do you think about women in Indian politics?
        Thank you!

• I think there should be a hub discussion about "Can we use AI in elections to prevent corruption? If yes, what impact would it have in elections? Will it solve the problem or will it create another major problem? "
    This discussion opens up on the specific ways AI could be employed. This topic invites exploration of the potential benefits and drawbacks of using AI in elections. Participants can bring in the real world examples or case studies where AI has been used in elections. This discussion can touch on unintended consequences.

• I think a great discussion would be on how India's voting system is similar or different to those of other countries.
    In my country Ghana, parliament members are elected using the first past the post system.
    And if some countries can be stated that have a different voting system and why they have a different or similar system to that of India.

1. We could also add to that the adaptation of how we can adapt each others voting systems to see the most efficient, because if we do this it could lead to the development of fool-proof voting systems to avoid rigging and other qualities that might make elections unfair.

2. I think that this is a great idea, but instead of maybe focussing on one country in particular we discuss the many types of voting that is used across the globe. We could then compare which is the most democratic and how we can all be as equal when it comes to voting rights as possible.

1. I agree. And we could discuss some of the seemingly most fair and beneficial voting systems in our opinions. Thank you for bringing in your ideas to make my discussion idea more interesting, I hope more people will do the same thing to make other's ideas better and that is what makes topical talk more interesting.

3. Hello !
      you make a great point and i would like to see a discussion like that, but i would also like to say that not only would comparing the voting system of india to places like Ghana or in my case the United states but also to see if there is things from other countries voting system that should be incorporated to the india voting system. Because there could be something that helps make the India voting system more fair and inclusive.

• I would like to suggest a discussion on "the dangers political leaders and reporters face"
    .We have been discussing on how to satisfy the citizens and how to make the country a better place for all,but we have all forgotten of the dangers political leaders facer.all we do is critize them and want them to do all our bid, don't you think it unfair.
    Their are cases where politicians are been threatened,robbered and facing all sought of harassment.this is very harsh on some who is looking forward to the betterment of the country.
    We don't have to harass our political leaders all we have to do is encourage them and join hands together.

• I would suggest this topic,"How does racism, ethnicity and age contribute to election and voting".
    Does this bring an advantage or disadvantage.
    In my own opinion this are one of the things that makes our system unfair.
    Because they are case where people that are eligible to rule a country are not allowed to due to Age, Ethnicity and their race, which is unfair.

• I think there should be a hub discussion about which form of government is best or beneficial for a modern developing country, ‘monarchy, dependence on another country eg. (Colonialism), or democracy’, because a lot of times especially in my country Nigeria, corrupt and bad leaders rule, they embezzle, destroy economies and en mass numerous citizens who hate them.
    There have been plenty debates of the benefit of a monarchy in Nigeria, or whether the old days of military rule was the best, in fact some say that Nigeria’s colonial era was leagues ahead of today’s Nigeria - which is wild.
    Also I would like the discussion to en compass the governing of a country by its young people, the age requirement to contest for president is 45 and I think that’s too old! It should start from 20, I’m sure ruling Ana entire nation would be a great addition to someone’s resume. 😁
    In all I think there would be good debate on the pros and cons of these different governments and which would benefit third world countries.

• Hello everyone I think that there should be a hub discussion posts about CHOOSING HOW WE VOTE : MAKING ELECTION FAIRER because,In India, when we vote in elections, there are different ways to decide who wins. Some ways might make it fairer for everyone's voice to be heard, while others might not. It's important to talk about these ways because they affect how well our leaders represent us and how our country is run.
    One way to choose leaders is called 'first-past-the-post.' It means the person with the most votes in each area wins. But sometimes, this can mean that many people vote for someone who doesn't win, and their voices don't count as much. Another way is called 'proportional representation.' This means seats in government are given out based on the percentage of votes each party gets. It can make sure more people's views are represented, but it can also make it harder for one party to make decisions.
    There's also 'ranked-choice voting,' where voters list their choices in order. This can be good because it lets people vote for who they really want without worrying about 'wasting' their vote. But it can be a bit complicated to understand.
    By talking about these different ways of voting, we can learn which one might be best for India. We can also think about how to make elections fairer for everyone, no matter who they vote for. So, let's talk about it and see what we can do to make our elections better!
    THANK YOU 🙂💝

• I think there should be a post on the hub about" is it good to give a youth the right to rule a country?" because most youths are concerned about their dressing and other social trends, and the could use most of the countries money for personal leisure and the country will not be able to benefit . I say so because most youth I have seen are just focused on themselves and they say that they want to become a leader, So I think that should be a hub discussion.
    Thank you!!!

• A discussion I will like to suggest is"Giving citizens access to clean water".
    It important for us to have clean water in our environment.for domestic purpose, agriculture and consumption.
    Government should try there best in providing the citizen with clean water.
    I think this will make a good topic because of the upcoming world 🌎 water 💦 day which is march 22.
    This will give us the chance to discuss on the importance of water and how to conserve water.

• I think there should be a Hub discussion post focusing on the role of youth activism and engagement in the Indian electoral process. Given that a large chunk of India's people are young, it's super important to listen to them because they have awesome ideas that can shape their country's political future. By looking at how young voters are changing election results, pushing for changes, and getting support for different stuff they care about, we can learn a lot about how Indian democracy is changing. And talking about the tough and good parts of young people getting involved in politics can help us have really smart discussions about how to get more young people involved in making our democracy better.

• We can discuss the problems facing the Indian elections and how to avoid and solve those problems, so that these elections can stand out among global elections and bring about the desired change. Instead of just being problems, they can become a way to achieve positive change.

• I think that the reason that a lot of people aren't allowed to vote is because people are too young. I think it would be better to make it so people 13 or higher can vote. A lot of people are younger than 18 so I think that would be good because more people can vote. And so there is no people cheating the parents have to go out to vote, but 13 - 19 should do it online.

• I think that there should be a hub discussion post about the problems we usually face when conducting election, because this problems can cause one to be discouraged to participate in election, when people are not involved in the election will they be able to pick the right leaders, no, some of these problems include the violence in the electrocal practice lack of good rules regulations and officials who regulate the election and and counting involves manually work and can lead to a problem in the electoral practices, so discussing about these problems can help bring about the solution and success of the election, thereby leading to great leaders.

• I think the discussion on the hub should be on whether should a child be able to vote in election. I say this because children at the age of 16 can vote because the child have developed the mind of an adult.

• I think there should be a hub post about the influence of an election on a country and how it might affect refuges and I got this idea when I heard about elections this year would be many. I'm sure you've heard about many situations where the existence of a country rely's on its leader well some of this elections that are going to happen decides the faith of a country.

• In my own perspective, I think there should be a hub discussion post on the age of the candidates to hold political offices. There should be more young people that should participate in electing a candidate too. I say this because this should give young people like myself a better understanding to prepare me to make a brilliant decision for my country and also so that it would prepare me to be a better leader tomorrow. Children of the 21rst century have a better understanding to be able to lead our tommorow which is not the case in my country Nigeria, the candidates can only participate at the age of 35 and upward. I think it should be reduced to at least age 25 so that we would have more young leaders .
    I also think that the age to vote should also be reduced to 15 so that they can decide on who fo lead them. There will be more brilliant young aspiring leaders of our tomorrow.

• A discussion I suggest is 'AI and the future of democracy'.
    1. Will AI improve or destroy democracy? Is AI to be applied in sensitive matters like government?
    2. Will AI be better rulers than humans? Why?
    3. Can AI be part of the media?
    Another big discussion is 'Media Vs The People'.
    1. Is the media a part of the people or different completely.
    2. Between the media and the people, who has more power in democracy?
    I would like to know more on this.
    Thank you.

• I think there should be a Hub discussion post about 'Elections in various Countries', because we have discussed and apprehended the basics of Indian Election System, but I personally would like to know the way elections are held in other countries, and if they are fair enough. I would like to know if citizens are happy the way elections are held in their respective nations.
    I read the opinions of different people regarding 'Indian Election System: Is it fair?', and many of them thought that it is not, I am really curious to know, then, what is the fairest system according to them. Additionally, if elections in their country is fair or not?

• One discussion I would like to suggest is: "Ensuring free and fair elections." Elections could be biased in many aspects such as social media, how the votes are divided, etc. Social media can influence and spread information both biased and unbiased about candidates. Also, does the caste system affect how the voices of all citizens are heard in India?

• Since we are talking on elections, I think there should be a Hub discussion post about the purpose of democracy. According to the oxford dictionary, "Democracy is a political system that allows the citizens to participate in political decision‐making, or to elect representatives to government bodies." This is true but the thing is that democracy is not just a form of governance. Democracy embodies values of participation, accountability, and protection of individual rights. Discussions about democracy will not only help us know more about it but it will help us appreciate its importance and create solutions to it's problems. Understanding democracy will also allow citizens to know more about their rights and when they are violated. It will also allow citizens know their responsibilities and duties.
    Informed citizens can actively participate in elections, advocate for change, and hold leaders accountable. When more people know about democracy, it will help them resist attempts to undermine democratic institutions. Discussing about democracy can also help with problems involving elections. One of which is the fact that citizens who know more about democracy will be more educated and educated citizens make informed choices. By understanding democratic processes, voters can evaluate candidates, party platforms, and election promises properly. Informed citizens will not be moved by false slogans or empty promises but by facts and previous activities. This leads to better decisions of leaders.

• Hi everyone!
    I believe it's time we had a discussion on the Hub about which type of election system works best for democracies worldwide. 🌍 It's a topic that's super important because how we vote shapes our representation, governance, and overall political landscape.

Each election system, whether it's the simple "winner-takes-all" approach or the more complex proportional representation, comes with its own perks and drawbacks. And it's fascinating to explore how these systems impact things like diversity in representation, the formation of governments, and even the ease of voting itself.

By sharing our thoughts and analysing different election systems, we can learn a ton about what works and what doesn't. Together, we can gain a deeper understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each system, and maybe even come up with some cool ideas for making our electoral systems even better. After all, the more we know, the better we can design systems that truly uphold the principles of democracy.
    Making us well rounded future citizens.

• Nowadays, elections are held worldwide with a purpose to choose a leader who is capable of accomplishing his/her political duties. However, there are several factors which can change people's objective preference over a candidate for their personal avail. For instance, with such an enormous kind of elections coming, businesses and brands are constantly trying to convince people about who to vote. This subjects links with another topical talk festival's subject named "business and politics" which demonstrates that many countries have prevented companies to influence people's perspective. So, this brings me to my point. Should businesses be entitled to show their political preferences? Are there any other factors that could possibly influence people's opinion?

• I think there should be a Hub discussion post about to extent is private funding legitimate for political parties because in India almost 60% of the funds received by political parties comes “unknown” sources.
    Private funding provided by companies increases their influence over the political party. This can make the parties biased towards the companies. This also allows the parties to use fake companies and route their black money. Furthermore, it gives the "popular" parties an unfair advantage over the smaller ones. However, by allowing political parties to be privately funded we can increase people's participation and strengthen the connection between people and their representatives. In a democracy it is necessary that elections take place without any form of malpractice but with maximum participation from the citizens.Therefore, it important to bring this matter into light.

1. Interesting ideas. Can you tell us where you found your evidence?

1. Thank you for reading my comment. I found this information in an article by The Hindu who presented the data from a report by ADR- Associations Democratic Reforms.

• Hi Topical Talkers! I think there should be a Hub discussion post about, the influence of money with politics. Political campaigns are becoming increasingly expensive. There are concerns about the role of money in determining electoral outcomes. How do wealthy individuals and corporations influence political parties and candidates, and what are the implications of this for democracy in India. This topic would require critical thinking, research, and dedication. Thank you for your time!

• I think that if you want to be a candidate then you have to look at why you would want to rule over your Country or Nation and why should you get voted for a big responsibility like it. if you get voted you will have to look at what could you maybe improve on in your Country and focus on that specific goal and also they can chose all of the decisions for the country E.G. change the laws in their country if in doubt necessary.

• When an election happens, everyone has the opportunity to vote. This way they express their preference on a candidate and they basically support him/her and his/her actions. However, in some situations people can be paid by the candidates in order for them to vote them.
    So, i think there should be a discussion about whether fame or reputation can be a result of using manners? If these actions are detected should they be punished?

• I think there should be a Hub discussion post about the ‘E-Voting’ because When I heard the population and the number of people in India about 1.4 billion, I came with the thought that the best way election should be conduct is through E-voting.
    Electronic voting is a system of voting where the voters cast their votes using technological or electronic digital gadgets or devices to elect their leader(s).
    The reason why I think is the best way to vote are:
    1. I think this is the best method that is supposed to be used in election now because to consider the number of people in the country, it won’t waste time and then the issue of forging election result will be put to an end. This election won’t allow fiber crime and you can’t forge a strange number in e-election when it is not true.
    2. It is very fast and effective and can also be easily monitored.
    3. Ballot counting will be done quicker than the way it is been by normal counting in the sense that when you cast your vote, the computer automatically records it and sum it up without humans intervention.
    4. It is very easy and doesn’t waste time in the sense that you can vote in the comfort of your zone and sometimes the election officials won’t even arrival at the voting zone on time which will even lead to conciliar of election sometimes.
    It will not also accept bribery and corruption in the sense most of the voters are been bribery the candidate or political parties in able to vote for their representatives so when you vote online another person won’t even know who you voted for because I believe that everybody has the right to chose who becomes their leader.
    Lastly, it will make it possible for us and voters to vote even if there is war.
    People might not allow people to vote and then they might form one thing and start causing riot everywhere which might lead to war and then before you know it you will hear that the election has been postponed so for us to stop that, I think the online voting or the e-voting is the best way to do that.
    In conclusion, I believe this system of voting will be very tentative for everyone and will be cheap in other to reduce resources wastage because if you calculate the number of ballot papers that should be printed out for over 1 billion to vote and the materials for preparing the ballot paper p, you will get to find out that it is not a small resources that has been wasted in the process and it will also reduce also time wastage as most people stand on a cue to vote which will take a very long period of time to reach their turn to vote.
    I believe E-voting still remains the best way to vote.
    Thank you.

• I think there should be a hub discussion post on the reality of accessibility of the basic needs of a person in developing countries, which on the one hand are investing hundreds of crores of rupees in developing new technologies, building infrastructure, increasing military equipment's power and quantity . And on the other hand poor, underprivileged , or marginalized groups are facing shortages of the basic amenities and the increased rate of inflation in these countries is very concerning for all the citizens even though they are bale to afford the amenities today but the rate of inflation is not at all proportional to the increase in amount of salaries they are receiving thus making it more difficult in the future

• Empowering Our Democracy: Exploring Strategies to Improve Elections Together!

Let's come together for a friendly discussion on how we can make our elections stronger and more inclusive. From ensuring everyone's voice is heard to finding ways to make the process fairer and more transparent, we'll share ideas and insights to strengthen our democracy. Join us as we brainstorm and learn from each other to create positive changes in our electoral system.
    Promoting Democracy: Hey everyone! Let's chat about how we can make our elections even better! By making sure they're fair and open to everyone, we can keep our democracy strong and vibrant.

Ensuring Inclusivity: We want everyone to be able to participate in our elections, right? Let's come together to brainstorm ways to remove barriers and make sure every voice is heard.

Building Trust: Trust is super important in elections. When we have confidence that the process is fair, it brings us closer together as a community. Let's talk about how we can build that trust even more!
    By talking about these strategies in a friendly and open way, we can make our elections even better and ensure that everyone feels included and empowered in the democratic process!

• I find the following question a good one around the topic of Indian elections: In an era of increasing polarisation and misinformation, what steps can be taken to ensure the integrity and fairness of elections on a global scale? This question is important for Indian elections because it tackles big problems like fake news and polarisation that can affect the integrity and fairness of the elections. Lately, concerns have risen about false information and arguments dividing people's opinions. I think that making sure that elections are fair is crucial for upholding democracy, especially in a country like India where voter turnout is high. By holding this discussion, we can come up with ideas that could help not just in India but in other countries too. And by examining the roles of governments, media and technology we cam work toward finding effective ways to safeguard the integrity of elections worldwide.

• Good day everyone
    I think there should be a Hub discussion about coalition government which means when two political parties come together to rule and share their power because understanding how coalition governments are formed, their impact on governance, and their challenges can provide various views among us. It may also solve the issue when two political parties almost get the same number of votes or when 2 government together get much more votes than one alone
    Thank You.

• Hello everyone!
    I believe there should be there should be a Hub discussion post about politics within politics!
    Yes, dirty politics is exactly what I’m talking about!
    Politicians and how they manipulate caste, religions, gender, color, income level, etc. and use them as a vote bank.
    This discussion will help us understand how people feel about the voting system, whether it’s corrupted and manipulated or democratic!

• Hi everyone,
    I think that it would be amazingly fun to learn more about media and election more . I hope that this won't end, this is full of fun and happiness please put my idea into thought.
    yours sinserly
    caring_dove