The food crisis: why can’t we just share?

GlobalFoodCrisis-BigQuestion-Banner

If you did this lesson in class, you would have discussed the BIG QUESTION for ‘The global food crisis.’

This topic’s BIG QUESTION is:

If there is enough food in the world for everyone, why can't people just share?

Comments (203)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Actually the world has a great potential to feed everyone out there . The world population has almost reached 8 billion .

Thats what i always think when someone asks me for a solution for food crisis "why can't we just share "

On one hand countries like USA, UK ,Germany and many more developed countries have more than enough food and alot of it is wasted in restaurants and even houses .
    On the contrary countries like Somalia ,South Sudan and Ethiopia are unable to provide staple ingredients to their population.
    Reason:
    ## Shelf life :

Many products can't be sent all around the world due to their shelf life or storage problem.

## political reason :

I don't know much about politics bit i am quite sure that they play a important role .
    (If any one has a opinion on that please share with me )

## food waste :

Food waste is the one of the most difficult waste to deal with .on daily basis a ton of food is wasted if we take precautionary measures on an individual level this may help but most importantly government should definitely do something to deal with this waste in an ethical manner .

The waste for us may be life saving for others

1. You made a good starting point about politics. I'm interested to see if any other students could explain why politics might be important here.

1. Because the leaders have the ability to put programs and systems into practice on a large scale and they are the authority of food production and distribution of a state. Therefore they play a lead role in fighting against food insecurity.

1. I think the government of the country has much say in the growth of some foods in their country where the country will only influence its citizens to grow specific foods which only increase income to the country forexample meat,rice,bread and so many others.
          Secondly the government can influence the sharing of food with other people in such a way that it can decide to put high taxes on the food forinstance the price of matooke at 20000ug shillings and this makes it hard for some people to afford it and those who afford it,decide to guard it jelously which makes it for them to share with those that donot have

2. Politics is important here because it can take a valuable role in raising awareness about
        "sharing is caring".

Now, how's it possible?

It is possible in such a way that government may made such companies that do a creative advertisement on social media about sharing of food and put people's attention to this.

Also, government can make up a subject on sharing of food at school levels to raise awareness among children.

"what we have taught in childhood can't be forgotten."

3. I think the government of the country has much say in the growth of some foods in their country where the country will only influence its citizens to grow specific foods which only increase income to the country forexample meat,rice,bread and so many others.
        Secondly the government can influence the sharing of food with other people in such a way that it can decide to put high taxes on the food forinstance the price of matooke at 20000ug shillings and this makes it hard for some people to afford it and those who afford it,decide to guard it jelously which makes it for them to share with those that donot have

4. Because politicians can play vital role through their legislative powers and can more for general public

5. politically,
        around the world,the most politicians are selfish and greedy that they would rather waste food than share with others.at times countries are at war hence destroying gardens and stored food causing food insecurity in those countries forexample russia and ukraine at war.effects of war also cause soil infertility due contaminants that are been exposed to soil.further more most countries and leaders would rather sell food in export than just give to those who dont have forexample some countries might have more than enough food but they instead want to use it as a raw material to make other products for their satisfaction and also for money through export.
        i think,thats a political reason.dont you think so........

6. Politics plays a decisive role in food distribution. To be honest though government says they are equal to everyone, but in reality they are not. Due to some agreements and disagreements countries and its government is hesitating to help other countries and some countries and its leaders are ignorant of the current situation. The governments are hesitant to take initiative of this situation and are focused on improving their fiscal and military power. I think they wouldn't do anything until they are forced to eat bugs for their appetite

1. Great link to the eating bugs discussion!

7. I think the politics can be important here as if government take serious actions on food wastage and make proper rules for restaurant and people to don't waste. I think it(food wastage) should be a crime.

1. That is an interesting proposal, altruistic_cliff -- but how do you think such a law could be enforced? It would be very hard to define or to track what is avoidable wastage...

1. The best way right now to figure out what we can do with the food waste some research we and the government make laws and wasting food should be prohibited if disposing it is extremely necessary we can make separate arrangements for it like throwing it i the bin is i think so very bad the person disposing off the food should also be aware of how he is disposing it off .
            I belong to Pakistan and I've witnessed people who are unable to afford even basic food items .

2. It can't be enforced but if all the nation takes stand for this and do some effort then I think we can achieve this goal

8. I think it would be correct to say that "Food crisis plays a important role in the politics" . Food security and political stability are often linked, although the relationship is complicated . Food security leads to political instability in a country.

9. In a time full of wars and widespread diseases, there must certainly be a relationship to the policy of not sharing food through the application of a law that stipulates not to export and share food because it is possible for wars to continue and diseases to spread widely and for a long time, so they do not share food and do store it.

2. Adding on your suggestion of food wastage,i think some people just donot know how to put small portions of what they can manage to eat on their plates but instead copy from what the friends she moved with are eating. The only solution i see is to sensitize people on how to budget and know what they are supposed eat,at what time to eat it and why should they eat it

1. I agree because there is a serious need to revive to the food values and the values of the resources we concume and waste without considering consequences.

3. Some of those food waste could be turned into natural manure or fertilizer for plants which we can harvest to produce more food resources or more food.

1. I agree because its quite an idea for the organic wastage. But for our world its more about in organic or plastic we already disposed in the nature. The material which can't be decomposed. Such material should be banned or the laws and implementations must be ensured for such crime.
        I mean there is a serious need of discussion about the such wastage which is already the part of land, water and air.

4. The political borders that were set and dispersed the countries of the earth into resource-poor countries and resource-rich countries, led to the spread of famine in countries and food drowning in other countriesIf all the people of the earth joined together, there would be no famine on the surface of the earth .

1. I agreed with this point i mean if we can see world as global village through the connectivity and sharing the ideas. Why we cant co-exist on this mother Earth like the member of the same family. Somehow we need to break barrier of communication, culture, religion and socio-economic values without breaking the norms and dignity of the natural laws.
        On the other hand as far as political boundaries are concerns they can play healthy role if they want to. For instance if political power show positive influence they surely can reduce the poverty and hungar by indulging and sharing the resources with others in order to import the goods across the border. They can play important role to contribute in the healthy relationships across the border if they say no to terrorism, extremism and wars i.e. recent war between Russia and Ukraine.

2. I agreed with this point i mean if we can see world as global village through the connectivity and sharing the ideas. Why we cant co-exist on this mother Earth like the member of the same family. Somehow we need to break barriers of culture, religion and socio-economic values for the sake of hungar crisis and climate change control without breaking the norms and dignity of the natural laws.
        On the other hand as far as politics can play healthy role in this senerio. For instance political leaders can influence the community on the large scale. Politics play role to stop wars which are destroying the food distribution chains and cause in rising inflation and cost of import goods.

5. ##Food security & particular political system:

The cause of sudden famines is very complicated, In democratic societies, there is more accountability & powerful interest group (which lessens the chance for famine) This explains how many democratic countries, even after experiencing successive period of poor harvest, rarely have experienced famines.

6. Add to your review...
      Among the important reasons for this are:
      1. The large disparity in the cost of living.
      Many countries cannot afford the cost of products imported from countries with a high cost of living, such as: America, Britain, Germany and other countries.
      Therefore, the national products are sufficient as the problem of that crisis continues.
      2. Differing beliefs and opinions.
      This is whether religious or cultural. For example, we all know that Muslims have a lot of forbidden foods. This difference prevents Islamic countries from importing foodstuffs from other countries.
      3. The great difference in population pluralism between the countries of the world.
      For example: China, with a population of 2000,000,000 people, how much is needed to eliminate this crisis in China, I think a lot of food is needed from many countries.
      4. 4. Technological development in the 21st century.
      Where technology has been developed that fights terrain and weather and contributes to saving summer products in winter and vice versa
      Which helps countries to be satisfied with their production and not to consider the necessity of sharing between countries in terms of food products.

1. I agree because... i must say excellent addition to the discussion.
        Tp find the solution to deal with the uneven disturbution of food should be the top priority for international policyholders.
        In my country Pakistan unlawful storage of food is also a serious isdue to deal with. Due to the illusion of scarcity a great deal of goods wasted due to climate crisis i.e. floods. Fruits and grains stored to create the situation of scarcity wasted.

7. I agree, because in countries like Sri Lanka, Yemen, Ukraine and Sudan were they have very concerning levels of hunger and malnourishment, I doubt if any of these countries will take food waste lightly. In some cases, countries helping other countries out can be helpful in building international bonds and encouraging import-export trade. The broken cookies in a manufacture process can be used to put smiles on a lot of famished children faces so wasting edibles isn't going to help the situation.

8. I totally agree with you @ attentive physics, especially, the idea of getting developed countries to help developing countries. It's a great solution. My regards to you.

1. Thank you for the appreciation and regards as well. I am also thankful that you consider my suggestions valuable.

9. I agree because
      The waste of food in some countries in restaurants and cafes may meet the needs of some countries that suffer from famine or have a food crisis.

10. I agree because there are people out there who can't provide for themselves and there are people who have more than enough but can't share .Food wastage is rampant among people and like she said "The waste for us may be life saving for others".

11. I disagree because. according to economics the rate of population increasing geometrically while food increases arithmetically and this theory can be agued about and the real question here is are we the ones wasting food or the food is being wasted by the environment. Some plants are used for ornamental purposes and some chemicals produced by them hinders growth of other plants around them and also causes loss of soil nutrients to be lost, so this can reduce or waste food as plants around may dry up and the the food being grown is wasted.

12. I agree with you as well because You have many reasons to agree like tons of food waste which happens way too much nowadays. You are right about how politics play an important role in sharing the food which food can start costing a lot more now and now is much more in demand.

• Sharing could be ok but countries are not ready to put in a surplus budget to feed other nations people this could put them in great economic depression that's is why platforms like WORLD FOOD PROGRAM are put in place so that the producing country doesn't loose out on its economy. If countries were to share, what they will share will be of low quantity or they will share those products of low quality which would result into diseases to those consuming the food. So pools like the World food Program do buy the food and give it out so contributing to these program could actually be sharing. but i disagree on a nation giving out food to other nation since it can also cause terrorist attacks

1. I agree with you. Countries would lose their decent economy if they shared food, and if they shared food of low quantity that could cause diseases.

• The issue is that not everyone would want to share what they have struggled and worked hard for with others . The other problem would be that the world economy might end up dropping because apart from wanting to have luxurious and nice thing most people around the world work for food so if food was free most people might end up reducing the amount of work the do or completely stop working which would affect the rate of production of things.

1. I'm totally with you because if we share the food, the clothes...the world economy will fall down. The people won't work in the same way when it id for them as when it id for others and production could be affected. For example in France, we pay a lot of taxes so rich people leave the country in tax heavens or do embezzlement of funds to keep their money. That also can create more unemployment.

• There are very many food crises around the world at the present time. One billion and one hundred million people, equivalent to 1/6 of the world, suffer from hunger and malnutrition. Seven million children in the world die annually due to hunger, due to the strong rise in the prices of raw materials, which led to the rise in food prices. The demand for purchasing food decreased, and famines spread, and these are some of the reasons that affect food crises such as conflicts and the lack of equitable sharing of food, as well as climate change, so we must all cooperate with each other to solve these problems, even if at the lowest costs and the least work, this will make a big difference, such as enhancing local food production, which is like intensifying agriculture and taking care of crops, this contributes to food production. It reduces famines and also educates generations about the dangers of famine, this will increase awareness among the people and the responsible persons will begin to take appropriate measures to reduce famines. Also, the state must provide job opportunities, as work reduces the proportion of famines by a large percentage due to the increase of income and increases economic activity in the state. That is why we must all unite and cooperate with the individual and the state in order for the individual and the state to live. The individual has a decent life without poverty or famine.

• I think sharing food across the boundaries of a country is not very easy ... A country must be in good terms with others to get such help...
    Also they should use and store the given food supplies in better way.. otherwise its huge portion will be perished

1. I agree with this comment and think people should store their supplies and give a little food to others.

2. I actually agree because sharing of food from one country to another is not easy most especially when their is conflict, climate change etc the other country will not be able to supply food for other countrys.
      If we did not keep the food in a safe place, the food will get perished and if the food get perished the country will not be able to share with other countrys.

1. I agree because... this situation was very common in our country during flood, many people face shortage of food and go to bed with hunger..

3. You raise a very good point. Distributing perishable food supplies between countries is both hugely difficult logistically, but also politically.
      In terms of finding a different way to store and re-distribute food between potentially unfriendly neighbouring countries, do you think it would help for them to distribute their excess food via a single, non-political online marketplace (a bit like Transferwise distributes payments in different currencies)? The UN's World Food Programme tries to do something like this, but does not have anywhere close to the resources to buy food at global market prices and ship it to the regions around the world that need it most.

• sharing of food among nations and countries is a big issue due to different reasons. every country
    has its own economic interests . food producing countries expect a good amount from consumer countries for their production. this aspect depends on their political and trade policies and relations . every country tries to save , increase and maintain their foreign exchange reserves during their trade with foreign country but political interests and other benifits are also kept in view. That's why sharing of food on international level becomes difficult

1. Thank you for your comment. I agree with you and add to you that when food is imported from abroad, the state becomes not interested in the items that it takes from abroad. It knows that it will get it from a certain country. When importing from abroad, the economy and money become the other country, so work must be done to provide it in our country so that the money returns to the benefit of the state. In view of the wars that take place between countries, there are countries that cannot obtain some things because they are in hostile relations with a country

• sharing of food on on individual level is a maater of sympathy and generosity while on national and international level it is the matter of business and trade profits .
    onindividual level people can share food with others if they have enough food for themselves which is difficult for everyone because everyone has not enough resources and most of world populatiin is living under the line of poverty.
    On national and international level, the sharing of food is done only on the basis of earning wealth and foreingn exchange . Countries and nations share food items without cost only when another country is in a disaster.

• Initially, I would like to state that food sharing is way complicated than it seems. We can visualize the increasing raise in hunger rate. Even though there is enough food for whole world to eat till it's full.
    In my opinion the reasons of not sharing food are;
    1- Low level of morality of rich people
    2- Class difference
    3- Irresponsible use of resources

1. Yes, food sharing is more complicated than it seems. There is more than enough food to feed everyone but people have different opinions and reasons why to not share food.

2. Yes, I agree with you, and also one of the reasons for not sharing food is greed, they buy more than their needs and store it, miserliness, and fear that a drought will come when there is no food for them to eat,But good people buy enough to feed them for a few days and share the excess food and don't waste it or throw it away.

• We can't share food with others because we are selfish. We always see our benefits.
    As individuals we always demand reward or price against every grain of food. Same is the case with countries. Every country wants to earn against it's products . When food is exported to other countries the cost of food items is increased due to shipping expenses and cost of labour . Poor people of poor countries can't afford expensive food to satisfy their hunger.
    Poor countries are suffering from many problems which hinder their progress in production of food as well as progress in economy.
    Here the role of world leaders becomes more vital because they have take bold decisions for the import and export of food without taxes on low and subsidized labour cost. But again conflicts of different nature restrict them to do so.

1. I disagree because it is not only a question of selfishness. The states are in debts of billions of euros, so they can't spend money as they want. They also can't do that because of the environment. For example, if France often exported food to Sudan, the carbon footprint would increase.

• It is largely said sharing is caring . Well! we do take it in a serious notion however, everyone is always selfish for some necessity or the other .
    Some do have a little food to consume each day but are selfish to share with any individual foreign to them cause they too have small quantity of it themselves. They have to feed their children and parents too.
    Then comes the families who have a vast variety on their table each day however not everybody believe in share food.
    Food is all what is the reason for fights and conflicts. That is unequally gathered and stored by different groups in the society

• There is enough food in the world for nobody to go hunger. But due to lack of administration and selfishness, people do not want to share their food. Actually, we don't respect humanity. Despite the world is facing hunger, we only care about ourselves. We want to eat to our fill.
    Only if we put ourselves in that situation, we can understand what hunger truly means.

1. I actually agree with this comment. I agree because, there is food for everyone. Not just us but for other people in need. Even though we need food also, most people need it more. If we have our needings and things we want, why not just share?

2. You make a good point that a lack of overall administration of global food production and sale, coupled with national self-interest, is restricting our ability to share otherwise adequate food resources. How might we realistically convince individual nations not to hoard vital food or vaccines? Could social media play a part, by making people aware of the limitations in other countries? Or should we take a more practical route, by signing more multilateral trade agreements and reciprocal access agreements?

• In the world there is enough food to feed all over the world. But the reasons for refusing to share the food consists of many reasons:
    1. Developed countries are dominant over developing and under developed countries. They make those countries dependent on them.
    2. The person who is rich has more food but they waste it a lot and often complain that the quality of food is not good. But on the other hand, the poor are not able to afford to eat three times a day.
    3. Due to export and import policies of various countries. Some countries have imposed ban on trade with a particular country for various reasons.
    4. Rising the prices of food intentionally and creating artificial scarcity makes the poor people to starve.
    5. Even politics has contribution in these issues. Socioeconomic conflicts, government instability, militarism and corruption are some of the contributions to food insecurity.

I think that we can share food to others if there is an excess or if we don't like a particular food. If each and every people in the world share their food with others, the poor would be able to get food three times a day and getting food regularly is the key to get out of poverty.

• I belongs to Pakistan. The main reason that we cannot share the food with other countries is conflict due to conflict we cannot share the food with other countries. It want that the quantity of food of one country should be more while the quantity of food of other country should be less. If the quantity of food production of both countries are equal then food cannot be share.

• There are mainly three reasons for why this can't work out as good as it many sound in theory.
    1.Expiration
    Food has a duration period of being safe to consumed after this period it is no longer safe most of the food that goes to waste is expired or spoil.
    2.Economic reason.
    People who produce food on large scale employ workers those workers have families also the owner of the farm has a family and how shall the workers on the farms be paid if food is just given out for free?
    3. Government
    Government money have tried to support sharing by giving businesses that donate tax cuts but still that is't enough governments should also give financial support to Non Government charities.

• In my opinion, people have enough food to keep everyone healthy and full.

Why can't we just share?

Countries like USA, UK etc have more than enough food to feed everyone and make nobody hungry but (the food) is shared unequally. This is because some people are selfish, greedy and don't think about anyone else but themselves. A lot of food is wasted in restaurants and even in homes. Nobody (only some people) think about how the food they throw out on a daily basis could be a hungry person's meal or even last them the day.

Personally, I think restaurants should keep the food that is left over and give it to the poor/homeless. Normal people should, instead of throwing food away, should also either give to charity, homeless or homeless shelters. Rich or wealthy people can spend some of their money to give to the homeless and charities.

This was my opinion. Thank you.

1. Great point vivacious_chemistry! Why do you think people don't do what you have suggested?

2. Hi @vivacious_chemistry

You are right! restaurants and homes throw away so much food, we could definitely donate unopened and fresh items to the foodbanks.

But how could we solve this in other countries that need it? Do we just send over fresh food on a plane? then we would be harming the environment? any ideas?

3. Yea I mean maybe some people could share with the kindness of their hearts I mean I would but some people just don't want to but I would recommend people do share with the millions of people that are starving

• there is enough food indeed but i also wounder why we cannot share.In the world were we are not equal like our fingers were some fingers are longer than the others .this is the same way the world is just not fair with some people, some people are rich and others are poor. I cannot just blame the rich for not sharing with the poor because i think they cannot share with them due to the following reasons;
    *Some foods are perishable like tomatoes,fish,bread whivh makes it very hard to transport them from one country to another.
    *Some countries cannot share because their selfish.they just dont waant to share with others

1. Lots of the food that is going to waste in is particular areas of the world. What are some of the challenges of distributing food across the world?

1. The main challenges during the distribution of food are:
        ## policies
        ## transportation
        ## product and service complexity

2. I'm not sure about this because although there are many perishable foods, these foods can be canned or frozen to increase their shelf life. For example we have tinned tomatoes, frozen fish and canned beans etc. For the part of selfishness, countries can't actually be "selfish" because they are under the law of the U.N. The whole objective of the U.N is to promote peace within countries under the body, so I think in my opinion the correct word to use in this case, is reserved.

• yes people cannot share because they find it difficult to share some kinds of foods to people since when they give them those foods they willnot grow in their land forexample in the sahara desert areas were their soils are infertile to grow some kinds of food matooke,sweetpotatoes,yams,rice and many others

1. I think this is agreeable and some people shouldn't share their crops.

• For sure why not share that's a very nice question.
    Indeed if we used to share with others we wouldn't probably even know the term food crisis because among the countries we all know that they are indeed countries that can feed the whole world due to their advanced agricultural industries and high development.
    But rather instead the real question is What is refusing us to share this food?

Answer to the Question
    I probably think that one of the reasons why this food can't be shared is because these developed countries that could help others lack unity like Russia and Ukraine we all know those two countries can do a lot of great things for this world if they actually cooperate rather than fight, because the actual thing is that one country alone can't really supply all the people with food so this would require some help by more developed countries like USA,UK and other countries in that range. If these countries could just decide to come together with an aim of ending the food crisis and they set strategies on how to supply food to those countries that are really facing this problem then trust me this world will not even remember that it once had a food crisis.

Still about unity is that as much as these countries can share their food they also faced a problem of disunity among the countries they are giving to food. This is in a way that these countries like Somalia are having wars now and then and Somalia is among the countries suffering the food crisis but because of these wars (of course mainly caused due to lack of unity) these developed countries may send the food to that country and it may probably not be delivered due to fear of losing lives among the people sent to deliver this food so in simple terms they scare the people who could give them food away.
    OR this food may be shot or blasted by the weapon's firings.
    So as we really blame developed countries for not sharing food with those countries which don't have food we should also think of as well checking why they don't share with us their food.

So my main point in all this was really lack of unity among both the possible suppliers and the possible receivers.
    And we usually say that we are only as strong as we are united and weak as divided so we really need to gain that spirit of unity to stop this food crisis problem.

• First 🤥 of all, the world's population is a lot cause i think like 8 billon people living in it. That's what i think sometimes when someone comes and asks me why don't you share. That question in my ears it sounds bad at all times when a person says it. Here in Uganda, sometimes sharing is a problem but there is a way that me and you can fix that. Some people here like pouring food in the trash cans and they don't know that it's wastage of food but rather than wasting it they can share it with one another like us here, we have a lot of needy people and they need that food to be okay. Rather than wasting the food, we should just it with people who need.

• According to me regional disputes between countries should end in order to solve the food crisis.When regional disputes end, countries will be able to trade easily with each other,due to which food will be affordable to the poor wil be easier

1. It's easy enough to say this... But do you think it will ever realistically happen? No. Because conflict is ever-present, and even though the world would be a much better place without conflict, it will likely never go away. Think about current affairs, the Ukraine - Russia war, do you think that will just end? There is massive conflict of interest, and this can be seen as an example of conflict of interest, the main reason these disputes will just never disappear, because people will always value their opinion and way of life more than others, meaning in their stubbornness and ignorance, they will in turn affect the immediate population of their entire countries

2. This is a very important point -- regional conflicts are a critical reason why it is often so logistically difficult to get food to where it is needed most.
      An additional problem is that food is traded on a global marketplace, so that even a regional conflict can cause global prices to rise (especially if that region is one of only a few producers of a particular type of food). Do you think the world could be made more resilient by using greenhouses and hydroponic technology to grow a wide variety of vital foods in every country around the world?

• The world has many opportunities to feed all the needy countries, such as some Arab countries and some countries from the African continent. It also has capabilities to produce food, such as the presence of some agricultural lands, the abundance of water and the fertility of the soil. The pages began to spread on social networking sites, trying to make them aware of wasting food and throwing it in the garbage. Others, whom we describe as people who educate the next generation, are trying to educate the next generation that food is useless to throw away and neglect. The crops are the land in which all kinds of food are produced. The most important way is our participation in not neglecting the food and not throwing it away. don't neglect it

• Food prices hicked in all over the world after the Covid-19 pandemic. Pakistan also suffered in this situation, food prices increases drastically, but Govt. didn't take steps to overcome the artificial increase in prices.

How we can solve the conflicts of countries to overcome the food crises in all over world??

1. Firstly, your two points are completely unrelated to each other. In response to the first points, the covid pandemic caused prices to rise as businesses struggled to survive altogether, the governments paid out billions across the globe in order to accommodate for people's survival, they didn't have more money to invest into food for people, they paid the people to pay the food giants. The increase wasn't "artificial", it was necessary for the businesses to survive and be able to produce any food at all to stock the shelves.

Secondly, because conflict is ever-present, and even though the world would be a much better place without conflict, it will likely never go away. Think about current affairs, the Ukraine - Russia war, do you think that will just end? There is massive conflict of interest, and this can be seen as an example of conflict of interest, the main reason these disputes will just never disappear, because people will always value their opinion and way of life more than others, meaning in their stubbornness and ignorance, they will in turn affect the immediate population of their entire countries

• In fact most countries, governments give money to the leaders to distribute food according to the areas they manage to give to the needy now like in Uganda the government gives money to Members of parliament and you can find that most MPs use the food for their own benefits and give very little to the communities of which this food can't last for more than 2 days in one home and this is because of having corrupt leaders.
    Then we also have rich countries like USA, England, Russia and many others which have a lot of food but just waste it like the produced food can get rotten because of selfishness yet they could simply donate some food to some under developed countries like Uganda, DRC and South Sudan because most people are dying of hunger and if the above countries would help these poor countries by now this world would be far.
    And also as they say "The food you are wasting could help others."

1. Sounds very reasonable I would easily agree with your comment.

1. Can you explain why?

• How we can solve the conflicts of countries to overcome the food crises in all over world??

• As a Pakistani,in my point of view,There's enough food in the world for everyone at the moment,but the point is that not everyone can access it.Many regions in Africa and the Middle East depend on wheat imports from Ukraine and Russia ,two of the world's largest wheat producers,as well as barley,rapeseed and sunflower which are now stuck in silos.On one hand countries like USA, UK ,Germany and many more developed countries have more than enough food and a lot o of it is wasted in restaurants and even houses .Many products can't be sent all around the world due to their shelf life or storage problem.

• The world is facing uneven distribution of food because of some reasons like unemployment, low income and poverty. About 821 people in the world are under nourished with lack of food. There are multiple risk factors that affect the distribution of food weather conditions , war,political issues and etc. In countries like US,Germany and etc have surplus food and wastes 40 million tons of food every year. The countries like syria, somalia, south sudan have widespread hunger.
    We can take many primitive measures not to waste food.
    "Throwing away food is like stealing from the table of poor"

1. Is 821 people correct?

1. In 2020, between 720 and 811 million people faced hunger. But in 2022 , 828 million people still go hunger.

• If there is enough food in the world for everyone, why can't people just share?
    This is due to human instinct, because people,by nature, loves possession and being in the top, and this is how countries see that their natural wealth is a weapon to confront other countries,As it results in the submission of some countries and the implementation of the political interests of the controlling state , so the reason is the fear of losing their control,And this is what is happening now with (wheat)

• There is enough food to feed 8 billion people on earth 🌍.The world's more food producing countries are China, India,US and Brazil.They feed most of world's population .While Russia and Ukraine has a large amount of wheat which is blocked for some countries.This is supply problem.
    Few countries having very less population as comparing to their food production and resources don't export there food and are eating themselves easily.They are not facing problem of food shortage.They should export food to poor countries.
    Another reason is that trading paths are busy.Climate changes have also effected self food producing countries.Recently flood in Pakistan has destroyed our 33.3% of fields and crops of wheat 🌾, rice,onion, tomato 🍅 e.t.c.
    Civil war in Srilanka and some African countries has also destroyed their food storages and trade.
    All these things are causes of less sharing of food while worlds has enough food to fulfill our needs.

• Our world produce enough food to feed every person on this earth but there are some certain circumstances which held in its way and the food is unable to supply to every person
    In my opinion if we keep everything aside poverty, conflicts,ecomics
    We would see that tge6re is still a reason because of the food is not supplied to every person is
    "" Lack of production of food or import of the food ""
    If we take the example of wheat we would see that because of the Ukraine and Russia war is there is sulpher in supplying of wheat to Europe countries because 30% of the Ukraine sweet is supplied whole around the world so I think that this also affect in providing the food to everyone
    "" Storage of food ""

• World has enough to feed 8 million people, but why is everyone looking for a solution to the global food crisis? I read about this topic, and it really caught my attention, so I decided to search and find out more. When I searched for it, I recognized that about 828 million people go to bed hungry every night, and the number of people facing acute food insecurity has increased - from 135 million to 345 million - Since 2019. Moreover, there are about 50 million people in 45 countries on the brink of famine. I was really stunned, and I looked for the reasons. Why is this happening? Because of these reasons: prices, climate shocks, and the economic consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic. Not only these, but also politics and the validity period. From my point of view, I think that if a person was content to put in a plate enough without an increase, we could provide food for other people. For example, when you go to the restaurant, do not order large quantities of food, because when you feel full, the rest will go to waste, and this will increase the food crisis. We will be able to solve the food crisis when we think about each other before acting like that. Besides, we can encourage our governments to establish some factories for canning food that the country is rich of in order to send food supplies for starving countries as in Africa.

1. Can you share where you found your information?

1. I found this information after searching deeply on the internet

1. It's best to give links to where you find facts so that others can check as well.

• I think sharing is the key for solving this crisis. If we could share food effectively, we can save millions from the beast of hunger. Sharing means caring. Human being has feelings towards each other. We can't deny the existence of the people who need our help right now. However, what can we do to help them? I thought deeply and I realized if everyone express his/ her willing to send food supplies to poor countries by reaching our voices to our country leaders through different ways such as social media apps, emailing the governments' offices , helding popular campaign to tell them we are a united globe.

• There is rate race in the world for getting influence over others.People tend to share only waste stuff with others.They are less prone to share food on the name of humanity.Thats why food crisis is not minimising but increasing day by day

• There are many reasons that we cannot share food but I discuss only two most important reasons;*Conflicts, *Climate change. Conflicts are very important because due to conflicts we cannot trade with other countries. I belong to Pakistan. There is a conflict between Pakistan and India. So we cannot trade with India. Another reason is climate change. Due to climate change floods and rains occur, which destroy crops. `` Why the trade of SARC is flopped ?`` Because all the countries which are the member of SARC produce same types of crops. So they cannot trade with eachother.

• Our mother earth has the potential to feed every being on her. Actually it is estimated that the one third of the food produced are wasted which counts up to 1.3 billion tons. Well thinking the point that people can’t share is seems kind of off to me. I know people who value every bit of grain and a passion to end world hunger. Not every human could reach out to every other human who is hungry. A foundation must be created internationally which can stall their foundations to every bit of land around the world and could collect the food that is either donated or about to go waste and distribute to extend of people going hungry. The FAO can take initiative for this since their goal of ending world hunger by 2030 is nearing to the ridge. This could save tons of food going waste and can actually put Earth to the “hunger-free”planet.

1. I like your views of an organisation that spans borders easygoing_signature. How do you think this organisation would be funded to move all the surplus food around?

• The population in some countries are more than their food resources like Nigeria the population alone in Lagos can form a country on it’s own but the resources are little.And this is because a lot a people still believe in white collar jobs many graduates don’t have jobs because they are waiting for white collar jobs but if they put that time into something like farming they can both earn money and still provide food for the country,if this is being done and the rate at which people give birth reduces the population and food resources will be equal the food resources may even be more

• The overall population of world is about 8 billion and there is enough food to feed all over them. But 828 million people are still facing hunger.
    The question rises here why they are hungry?
    The reason is that some people have more than there need and they do not want any else to compete with them and they waste a lot of food every single day instead of giving it to some needy.
    The reason for "why can't we just share" is our low morality level and class difference.

• 1. If there is enough food in the world for everyone, why can’t people just share?
    Yes! There is more than enough food in this world. Every country is blessed with abundant assortment of food both known and yet to be discovered by man. One man’s food is another man’s poison they say, so food to one may not necessarily be palatable to another.

• There are certain reasons why can't some countries share food among other countries there is a common example Pakistan and India they are not sharing food because of conflicts
    *Conflicts
    *Climate change
    *Storage Capacity
    *Political reasons
    *Food waste

1. This is a good list peaceful_cliff. Which of these reasons do you think has the biggest impact? I wonder if anyone else has a view on this too?

1. I think that climate change is the biggest reason.

• I think people don't share their food because for everyone including me,their own selves come first.Everyone think about their interests the most.They wants other to contribute but not their own selves.
    Some other problems are like in Pakistan,most food is wasted just after the manufacturing because there is no proper storage systems.As well as there is also problem of transportation due to which food products take much time and during this time the food is wasted.Also the pest problem contribute in wasting of food. Policy makers are not working efficiently in making accurate polices regarding funds for the distribution of food to the deserving.

1. What storage systems are needed so that food can last longer?

2. i also agree to what u have spoken toward the food issue becvcause man by nature is quite selfish and due to the destroction of pest and distruction of plantion is resolve to scarity and lack of food .

• That's good idea in general but what about safety?
    If someone get poisoned by donated food, who will be responsible? No matter if it happen intentionally or not (due to just expired food or bad conditions of storage and distribution)

1. This is a great question! I wonder what other people think?

2. I agree because... These are sound words, because safety is an important prize in human life, and the donor aims to meet the need of the needy, and it will not be his intention to harm him with the donated food.

3. I agree because... This is sound talk, because safety is an important prize in human life, and the donor aims to meet the need of the needy, and it will not be his intention to harm him with the donated food.

4. I agree... but there are not many people that would do this (unless they are maybe a child and think it is fun)

I think that it will be the shelter's fault (and the person who gave the food ). The shelter's fault because they did not test the food for poisoning or expiring.

1. Yes, it is true, I agree a lot with your opinion, we will see that in the coming days

• People can't share as some people are getting worried and buying more than they need to which is called inflation.
    As well as that, the population of earth is getting bigger and bigger by the minute. The population of the earth has gone from 7 billion to almost 8 billion in around 12 years so no wonder not every one can have enough food.
    Also, the prices of food are going up quickly so some people can't afford to buy enough food which is massive problem.
    So in conclusion countries do provide enough food for everyone although not everyone is sharing.

1. Thanks for your comment amiable_temperature.
      Inflation is when the cost of things rises. This might happen if there is high demand for goods as you've suggested.

• Why can't people just share food?
    There are countries where food is available in abundance and countries where there are famines. I think of reasons for this

1 Because there are problems or disputes between countries, so some countries refuse to share food or import food from a country where there is food to a needy country

2 The other reason for me is that there are developing countries and developed countries, and this affects the sharing of food. Developing countries do not have modern machines to grow crops, such as Sudan, and as India was in the past, these developing countries cannot share food with others because of the lack of food

3 I think that this reason is convincing, because when importing food from one country to another, taxes (money) must be paid on the food they bring into the country.

*Countries should be tolerant of each other for sharing food.*

1. Is it one country's responsibility to feed another?

• During my studies in school, I studied sustainable development, which is the optimal use of natural and human resources to meet the needs of the present without compromising the needs of future generations. However, when I look at our reality, I find that most countries are only interested in matters of politics and how they can survive. On the other hand, presidents enjoy money During my research, I found that Sudan has a poverty rate of 77% despite the existence of Jabal Amer, which is full of gold. I sat down to think with myself saying why the poverty rate in Sudan is so high despite the existence of Jabal Amer. Also, despite the separation of South Sudan, gold production has tripled. Why can't they exploit it, there is Gold with which they can save Sudan from poverty. Yemen also contains 45% of poverty despite the presence of gold in it. Why can't they exploit this????

1. Wealth is not distributed equally in a country. This is true of every country. Why might this be?

• Well!
    About the topic of sharing food the first thing that comes in our mind is importing food from other countries. As, pakistan import its food from countries such a UAE, Qatar etc. There's enough food in pakistan.
    Then why still There's a problem of food shortage?

• Why can't we overcome food crisis? One of the most important reason behind this is that so many people in the world who have resources to get enough food sometimes waste the food they don't even use rather than giving it to the people who need. There is a famous prverb "Sharing is caring" which shows the important of sharing your things with those people who can't even afford them. Atleast if we share our food to the people who need can also decrease the food crisis. We can give extra food to the people rather than wasting it.

1. Sharing is certainly important. What do you think governments can do to help the food crisis?

1. Sometimes, I think the government might use the money that we pay in taxes to get things for themselves. So, they could get enough food for themselves. Or use the money to buy other things they consider more important. I think they really need to know the full imopact of climate change.

• The world's farmers produce enough food to feed the global population . Although the rate of global food production has increased faster than the rate of global population growth food crisis still exist.

*I believe the reason for people not sharing food may be that classically we have a plate based food culture.

*Food waste , nearly one- third of the food produced globally each year is lost or wasted .
    If we could recover all the food we waste ,we could feed every hungry person on the planet twice over.
    On the other hand ,you may have seen people attending parties filling up their plates with more food that they can't eat and wasting it,is this justified?

Hungry is caused by poverty and inequality and not scarcity.

"An unequal world is a hungry world"

Though we have enough food we can share only if when we reduce food waste, poverty and inequality

• Anyone ever thought about the food crisis? Yes, and many of us had an idea (why don't we share food), but this idea faces problems that are not simple. 1 The greed of some owners of money I mean that some owners of money do not prefer this solution because they think that it decreases their wealth and money. I want to tell them: It is not so, it will not decrease This is from your money if you buy some supplies for that who is about to die, but you will save the lives of people (you decide their number), but God will double what you spent. So why not allow people to live a healthy diet?! 2 We are in this universe 8 billion people and the planet is 30% land and I think that most of it is suitable for agriculture, so there is certainly enough food, but a large part of it is unfortunately wasted by restaurants and homes, which are the main places that make and waste food. Why does the state not consider this point very important and try to take advantage of it? 3 Some countries have problems related to import and export due to taxes imposed on importers. Why do we do that? Agree, we should profit from exporting because it is considered a trade in the end, but can we raise taxes or reduce their value at least? 4 The economic problem of some countries or individuals is not able to buy simple foodstuffs because these materials are expensive. why is that ? Some mercy! 5 The idea of ​​sharing is not prevalent, so I suggest a solution: Why don't we decide on a specific day with a specific date for people to share food with those who need it. I think that might help.

• I think people should share food or open foodbanks for people that really need it and that are hungry and need food to support their families. and people should make a little or big donations to a charity thats halping with the global food crisis.

1. I'm not sure about this because people might not be able to get to food banks. Food banks also are banned from some foods because of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) such as donuts/doughnuts. This prevents many large businesses from donating leftover food to food banks.

• There are a lot of questions about people's inability to share lunch only that there is a lot of food in the world and this food we can save from the lack of food in developing countries, but there are difficulties in transporting food for many of them that developed countries use food a lot and waste it, so the leftovers go to Waste is the first reason, but the second reason is that there are no means of transporting food and preserving it in an appropriate way. As for the third reason, because of the shelf life of food, there are many products that expire quickly in the period of their transfer to other countries and also because of wars because wars cause many crises in the war phase. The lack of food is greater because wars between countries make it difficult to transport food to them, so I hope that peace and security will prevail between countries and food, we cannot deal with its waste, so large quantities of food are wasted

• According to my point of view,
    I am PAKISTANI🇵🇰.....
    Sharing of food may be helpful to remove fod crisis but some countries can't able to provide the right amount of food to thier population.
    There are alot of reasons of some countries that they are not able to share food.
    So,I am going to discuss some rop reasons of this problems .
    These reasons are;
    =)Politics
    =)Conflicts
    =)Natural disasters
    1.POLITICS:
    Government programs around food product dividion and consuprion impact the cost,vacuity and safety of the food force domestically and internationally. On a publis scale,food policy work affects growers,food proseccors , wholsalers,retailers and consumers.if the government's plans about agriculture will be good it helps to grow more crops thet will help in sharing of food.
    2.CONFLICTS:
    Conflicts among states, religion even among sects can be reason to not sharing of food , people have bad feelings about the people of different states and sects So, they do not share good.
    3.NATURAL DISASTERS:
    Natural disasters can be reason to not sharing of food like if there is "Flood and Rock sliding" they can be reason of blocking of reads for days or even months So, food can not ne share from one city to another city.

1. You make a great point that there are lots of contributing factors to food insecurity that are bigger than the actions of individuals. Is there anything governments can do to help address these challenges?

2. I agree with you that politics, conflicts and even natural disasters are factors that hinder sharing of food but In my opinion these factors hinder sharing of food between countries or internationally.

Let's look at it from another point of view. Have you ever asked why people do not share food even within themselves in a country? It is because of the fact that people are worried about the safety of the food and how healthy the food is. Don't you think so? This is a real concern among people. How do you feel this issue can be addressed?

• Food crisis is affecting the world globally due to one problem or another including my country Nigeria, ours is caused by insecurity which leads to less transportation of food from one part of the country to another.
    This problem of insecurity which leads to food crisis can be solved by introducing farming to other states so that each state can grow their own food.

• Global food crises has affected so many countries especially Nigeria. So many people in the Northern part of Nigeria are suffering from food insecurity because of conflict and violence of non-state armed group. This conflict has affected the agricultural aspect of the Northern people. Farmers are scared of going to the farm, fishermen are scared of going to the river,while some herders loose their animals when there is violence.
    The conflict has done so many bad things to them, they have less food to eat which leads to hunger which also leads to death of children and adults, diseases like ulcer and this reduces the population of the people.
    I believe that advancement of the security in the Northern part will stop the violence, when there is good security they will be safe and happy and it will reduce the death rate

• It's totally okay to share but the question is after sharing food,will everyone have enough to consume and stay fit.
    For a country that has limited food it will be difficult for such a country to share food and still have enough to feed on.I am a Nigerian,we cannot share our food because food scarcity is dominant in my country as we now depend on Togo for grain supply especially "Rice".
    The problem is that not everyone would want to share the product of their struggle. Conflict is another reason why most countries can't share food with each due to lack of tolerance. But i strongly believe that if there is enough food and love among all nations everyone will share their food.

• I think food crisis is caused by war between neighbouring countries. When a particular country lacks several types of food,there would be no assistance or help that can be rendered when the love and friendship has been broken. The government need to create a diplomacy between two waring foreign countries.
    Insecurity can also be a great cause of food crisis, in a situation where by the lives of farmers are not safe and neither are their properties, the fear of getting killed by kidnappers and wild animals on their farm lands can make farmers retire and quit for a certain period of time and by doing so there would be scarcity of foods in the country. The issue of insecurity from kidnappers and wild animals should be strictly adhered to and the government should create agencies that would be found at every where to protect farmers and their crops from being attacked. I believe that we need to help ourselves grow and become great.

• Global food crisis can be also known as world food problem. Countries in the world experience food crisis and can be caused by flooding, conflict, mismanagement of resources, and oil leakage.
    Conflict is a big problem among countries for example in a situation whereby countries can't tolerate themselves and they go about damaging their crops and livestock. Oil leakage is also a cause of food crisis, when there is leakage of oil, it spoils the soils and crops.
    So therefore , to avoid food crisis, there should be large drainage system to avoid flood and there should be love and tolerance among countries of the world to avoid food crisis.

• Scarcity has been the reason why there's food crisis in Nigeria now .Though human want are ready but since the land ,Labour,capital required for making goods are limited in supply,which is impossible to satisfy human wants.
    The only way to curb this food crisis is by living in peace with other countries.

• First, as being Pakistani I will say that there is a lot population of our country about 220 Million. Our production is not much enough to feed our own people, so how we are gonna share food with other countries. Same this situation is happening with the other countries.
    But the good point is that the develop countries can produce much food and they can supply it to others.
    In my opinion we must control our population growth so that we can share food with other countries as stated above!

1. Good point, @sensible_wombat -- controlling population growth is one way to deal with the food crisis. And more sharing by developed countries would help, too. But food is just one element in a trade system. With your country's high population, what other goods or skills might be traded for food?

• From my point of view, raising birds to benefit from excess food, cats and dogs, and worked to give the poor the increased food so that they benefit from it so that we do not throw it away and so that people can benefit from it

• From my point of view, raising birds,cats and dogs to benefit from food waste is a great solution. Another solution is to give the poor the food waste so that they benefit from it so that we do not throw it away and so that people can benefit from it.

• Global food crisis is a cankerworm that has eaten deep into the global economy. According to Goal 2 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Concern,it is working hard to eliminate hunger and malnutrition.
    The major cause of global food crisis can be linked to war and conflict. In a country where there is war,destroying of rural infrastructure,loss of livelihood can lead to food insecurity. For example,the Northwest and North central states of Nigeria are experiencing high level of food insecurity due to the long running armed conflict and violence.

• Cultivation of more productive and fast-growing crops that require less water, such as potatoes, carrots, cabbage, squash and beans Exceptional measures can also be taken to curb the drug trade, ban the import and manufacture of alcoholic beverages, reduce the consumption of tobacco and other non-essential goods and replace them with productive ones.

• There is enough to feed everyone, but the point is that not everyone can get it.. For example, many countries depend on other countries to export their resources, but they may encounter difficulties in that... including a ban on exports... or an increase in prices. As we are seeing now... Although these countries get a good crop of grain, they do not have enough information. So we are not talking about the amount of food we want to deliver, but rather how to ensure that it is delivered truly healthy, nutritious and long-term.

• I discovered that in the period of flood ,there is always unavailability food resources . One of the problem is climate change especially flooding .

In some states in nigeria like lokoja and Lagos . We see the case of flooding . The flood destroys the crops that are being planted .because people drop refuse during the rainy season and when the refuse are too much and the water is unable to pass the right path and start to spread into different areas .

The problem can be solved by government establishing the disciplinary committee that would be in charge of waste products and that would ensure waste products are properly dispose

• I think that people do not share because:
    People are worried about the crisis. This will make them stress and overbuy so they have enough food. However, this just means the shops will run out of food quicker.
    A way to fix this would be trying to do something about climate change-it is the reason for why Earth is having such extreme weather. So we could try to simply turn lights our when we leave the room, or get renewable energy.

• To be honest, it seems like no one wants to help another person or another nation because of fear, what fear, well the fear that one day they might run out and no one would be there to help them. we all know the common term
    '' national interest'' yes people can help but they help mostly if and only if it benefits them too, some countries try to lend a helping hand to others but most times it serves to benefit them more, don't you think so, in Nigeria in order to cope with the hunger and poverty some families rarely have three square meals some either dinner but no breakfast or lunch, while some eat lunch and have no breakfast or dinner. I think it is not only the matter of sharing, but how exactly we do the sharing I believe that if we rationalize the quantity of food given to us, we could have a reasonable amount of food in each household to sustain each household till we discover more effective solutions.

1. This got me thinking - you said that countries might only help other just in case they need help one day. Do you think the reason why someone helps another person is important, as long as they help? Or are there right reasons and wrong reasons?

1. yes the reason why someone helps are important, for some people helping other feel good it hep them to feel among and it gives them a stronger connection. Some other believe it helps to give a sense of belonging.

• Some countries tend to import more more food when there is scarcity. Scarcity could arise when there is war conflict, unfavorable weather condition (climate) and inefficient resources
    Take Puerto Rico for instance,food items were destroyed by the hurricane Maria.They would not want to share their food to avoid hunger strike. The hurricane Maria destroyed 85% of their food making them have a food crisis

• 1- countries should work together in good faith to share data and explore when and in what circumstances to release food from national stockpiles and granaries.
    2- We need to re-imagine where our food comes from and move, at least in part, towards more seasonal diets with a lower use of land and a serious reduction in global trade – especially for fruits, vegetables, and protein.

• I think sharing would be a great idea! For example , India makes a ton of rice per year so why can't India sell half of the rice they make and the other half give free ? I know it's not as easy as it sounds but maybe one day who knows.
    Also another good idea is , where I live I think it's Thursdays and Sundays , local people put up a gazebo and give out free food like: bananas , apples , eggs ,sometimes meat.

1. Sharing food is not that simple. Although India makes over 20% of the worlds rice, they have a population of over 1.4 billion which in itself 50% depend on rice as a main source of food. It is also a large sector of their economy, so by selling half of their rice they are losing half of what they would gain economically. I'm sure some rice can be given away however, for India it would probably be best for them to start tackling their own hunger issues before those in another area as 16.3% of the population are undernourished.

• Actually enough food is produced today to feed everyone on the planet out there, but the only fact is that the distribution is not equal everywhere; unequal access and inefficient handling leaves millions of people malnourished.
    What every person does first is think about themselves.
    Statistics show that approximately 40% of the food produced in America is never eaten and if just half of the potential food waste worldwide were recovered, we could end Food Crisis.

People in developed countries like USA, UK, Germany and many more developed countries waste their food in such a way that there is no importance of it but they don't understand that people in developing or underdeveloped countries like Somalia, South Sudan and Ethiopia do not even have ingredients to cook food.
    That thousands of plates wasted today could feed other thousands of people who were hungry since days. If people could only understand others then today there would not be any websites on internet speaking about food crisis; there would not be any one on the world going to bed with an empty stomach.

Due to factors, including conflict, economic conditions, natural hazards, climate change as well as political condition food is being wasted.
    The point is that food is being wasted in some places and food is lacking in other places. If this ratio of WASTE and LACK was maintained then we could obviously end the food crisis.
    But the only problem is that people don't understand 'WHY' should we share food and end food crisis.

I hereby say that if every one has right to food and right to live then we must help them get their rights.
    Now there is not time for discussion, it is time for action to feed those hungry stomach.

• we can all share but smeone will always be greedy and want more because some people are not satisfied with what they have

• We can't share the food because not everyone in the world will be able to access the food we try to share, mainly due to law enforcement or transportation issues.

• I believe they don't share because some people have grudges and some are money hungry and they have trading problems.

• I think that they can't do this because it's very hard to ship food around the world and some foods would rot or not be good anymore. There is enough food in the world it's just hard to ship.

• If there is enough food in the world for everyone in the world we can't share because if there is enough food for everyone in the world then that would just being gready for food.

1. That's a very common question, illuminated_passionfruit! I wonder if a Topical Talker who did this lesson in class could explain why it's not quite that simple?

• We can but at the same time we cant it really depends sometimes people who are very generous well transfer food or give food away to people to the people in need but back in time some people really give away a lot of food cause they also had to take care of them self and make sure they were fed well.

• I believe they don't share because some people have grudges and some are money hungry and they have trading problems. Just like when we simulated the global food crisis it was very chaotic because people have conflict with other individuals which made them refuse to share food and others had alliances that made people refuse from sharing also causing war.

• We cannot share because some of the countries just want the food for themselves and they are selfish. Also we can't share because some people would like to share but there is like a high population of people in some countries.

In my experience when we did the global food crisis it was terrible because my country did not have many materials so we couldn't make food, then water was wasted on them and we had lost some food. So we couldn't eat some food. Then countries were trying to start wars so our trades were slow. So my country had a shortage. Then some countries was being selfish and didn't want to trade with our country. We had an Alliance with another country and we had each other back.

1. It's great to see that the lesson helped you to understand the complexities of world hunger! Well-explained, remarkable_desert!

2. I agree with you , because Man is by nature selfish, he thinks of himself before everyone else, and if everyone shared with each other, it would not be a crisis called the global food crisis

• We can all share but smeone will always be greedy and want more because some people are not satisfied with what they have because even though they have enough they want more just to have more its not like they need it.
    As in my life i bought a bag of chips and my grandma made me share with my cousin and we both had equal amounts of chips but he told on me for not giving him an equal amount ofchips and even though i gave him more he ended up throwing them away because i "gave him too much".

• The reason why people cannot or won't share their food is because people don't like certain people in the country or the country itself. So one reason is because they feel that the people don't deserve the food or they are in a war with those people or they cannot provide any food with those people because they need the food for war conflict or they have no way to transport the food to other people. Also alliances are formed so some people are mad about alliances with their enemy so they try and form a blockade or some way to stop them from transporting food or they will not allow anyone pass a certain area of there continent or country without a discussion or battle.

• Countries can't just share food because some countries are pretty selfish. They would probably say no no matter what the circumstances are. When we did the activity a country named Poland was trying to ask for food but, everyone was being selfish and saying no. After that countries started forming alliances proving that the countries would only share with their alliances and with no one else.

1. Is it really 'selfish' for an area to keep its own food it grows. An area may not know how much food they need to supply their own population so, sharing food they 'do not need' is not really an option. Even if they did have food they were not consuming, usually a country would sell their own produce for economic benefit. Nothing in the world is free so why should more developed countries be responsible to share their food for free? Is it really selfish when it is yours to begin with? Is it wrong to only share with 'alliances' as that is where both parties (the giving and receiving) have something to gain from the exchange.

• Among the causes of the global food crisis are the following
    First, wars, political conflicts and acts of violence in the world
    secondly . The growing population growth in the world
    Third . Natural disasters such as droughts, floods, hurricanes and storms that destroy agricultural crops
    Fourthly . Climate change in terms of temperature, precipitation and wind that mainly affect agriculture

• Sharing could be possible, but some countries may have conflicts and may be selfish. Also, the countries may not have enough money. The world population is almost 8 billion. Even if the people were dying the countries may not have enough money to ship the food.

• There is enough food in the world. Factors can produce millions of foods each day. The thing is countries may not like other countries and people are not willing to spend their money on food for other people. But, in the opinion I would share food with other countries if i was a leader because in my eyes that is just unfair and people can die and I wouldn't want that.

In my class we did a simulation where my team and classmates were countries and had to cut our shapes to have points to survive in the country we had. My country was Italy and there were 3 people in my team. There were 5 teams in total, Italy, South Korea, China, Poland, and France. Poland had 2 people but they were low on food and didn't have enough points to take care of their people so they tried to make an alliance and failed many times but France accepted and helped them out.

Meanwhile, China was run by a dictator who put his only team member to work for him forever and she couldn't escape. Kinda like South Korea. But China had enough food for their country so they were ok.

South Korea played a huge role in the simulation Their team had at least 4-5 people and they almost made alliances with everyone but they lost some alliance because some countries did not like other countries and those countries were both alliances with South Korea. In the end South Korea had alliances with Italy, China, and Poland.

My team Italy was very very very close to not having enough food points to take care of the 3 members including me. Italy made alliances with China and South Korea, But originally had France as an alliance too but France did not like South Korea so France Left.

Also a war broke out in China with South Korea and France because France didn't like China and South Korea threw a nuclear launch at France which made some of their food points gone. The war also made China look bad since the leader was a dictator and his member escaped from China to France. So that's also a reason why China and France didn't get along.

There was also like a huge water that fell on the food points and caused the food crisis for every country.

But that was just my experience. I hope you liked this comment!

1. This sounds like you really made the most out of the lesson! Thank you for sharing and making comparisons to the real world. For any Topical Talkers reading this comment who haven't done this lesson in class, the countries mentioned here have been put into pretend situations in a game.

• In my experience, Many countries can form alliances so therefore countries cannot just share their food because they don't have alliances with other countries.Other countries who don't have alliances may have little food because they don't have another country to share their food with.

• If There Is Enough Food In The World For Everyone, Why Can't People Just Share?

If there was enough food in the world for the people to share we still would not be able to share. I said this because of 'Food Waste.' People almost all over the world waste food every year. For Example: If I get food from the supermarket, go home, and put the food in the fridge for a while then throw it away, that would be a waste of food. And that is why people all over the world can't just share food.

We would have to trade; trading would make it a bit better and easier for people to buy and sell food. BUT BE CAREFUL! Sometimes sharing would be a bit better, because it has been none that some countries would go to war, because of a small scam. So, I would say we can't share, but that's my opinion.

What's Yours?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• There's enough food in the world for everyone at the moment, but the point is that not everyone can access it

• This statement is very fascinating , as , by learning about how much food is consumed in a year , which is 2.5 billion metric tones , there is enough food in the world. However, we still see people suffering and dying from starve for we are wasting and not caring for others like we would want other people to care for us. To me it's really about the message ,' treat people as you want to be treated.'

• There could be several reason non major reason is that food is something that is highly valued resources and therefore' one might feed it tough to give once personal highly valued resource to other.
    Moreover, sharing food maybe considered as less hygienic and a source of cross contamination of different allergences and viruses. Therefore, one might feel hesitant in sharing (both in giving and receiving) food. Specially after the pendemic of COVID-19, the slogan of" Sharing is not caring" has set the trend of not sharing the food.
    Culture ,specially family culture may also play a role in such practices. Some families, and particularly parents teach their children not to share their food with others, or share in a "tit for tat" manner which could result in food exchange but not sharing.
    Finally sometimes we are not confident of the taste of our food or have a fear of negative evaluation from others for one food practices and preferences. This may also stop us sharing our food.

• There has been a lot of surveys which have stated that there has been enough food to feed everyone in the world.The words 'sharing and caring' is very simple but really is difficult to follow because of the human psychology.When we share we feel that we are not going to get any benefit out of it.We feel that it is no way going to help us.So I beleive that this thought process of people is what makes them to be hesitant to share.

• The problem of food is one of the prevailing problems that must be solved through the participation of the developed countries of these poor countries and hungry people in the streets or homes, or the establishment of a large association as a union of countries to help end this scourge and also you can contribute to applications that support such

• Food crisis is so branched. Climate change, poverty and lack of food are a result of political situation in the whole world. Wars among countries make sharing food very difficult.  It even may become impossible because of the breaking of food chains.
    I think food crisis is a manmade so humans should solve it. This will not happen except we put our quarrels away and pay attention to this crises from a human side.

• Sharing is caring is a famous phrase we ve heard from teacher nd other class fellows since the time I was in play group. During this lesson I felt that if all the groups b given all resources equally ther would not be been any problem for any group . An idea struck to my mind that if my teacher had been knowing the result of this unfair distribution may b all student could do better work . It made me thoughtful that from the authorities of any country sharing is done . So 829 million of people would not sleep hungry .
    Ukraine is producing a big amount of food if extra food is shared with the people of Australia Bangladesh south africa Taiwan nd the uk . Then food is not wasted any more .

• In a world of innovation &technology,food production is no more a big challenge .The point is why 821 million people according to UN analysis are"chronically undernourished"& having enough food insecurity.We are tend to waste or loss food but not sharing .We can share food if we stop wasting it.Sharing food would repose our trust on the people.We must give budgetry support to the impoverished people.There would be worldwide "freedom from hunger"if we create the situations where the volunteer people,NGO's,government develop a consensus to make food approachable to those who are deprived of it.Then we can develop a society which would be "morally right",politically sound and economically self sufficient.

• I live in pakistan ..in my religion sharing is given much importance with the phrase of Aisaar nd sacrifice for others . Here in sharing we ve to just share what we ve extra .or we ve enough amount of food to b shared . In my opinion sharing is done becoz the countries like Indonesia Bangladesh Japan Poland .nd Canada don't ve access to the countries like Ukraine ,pakistan nd USA. Means they ve some type of transport issues . Besides the countries whose productivity is good .. they can also not manage to share their food with others for the same reason .

• Well, there is enough food to feed the whole world. But most of the food items produced globally are sold for a living. If the food is just shared for free the farmers and also the government will run at a loss. About 25% of the Global Gross Domestic Product(GGDP) is made from agriculture and if the food is just given away, the world economy will suffer a great loss.

• Putting in mind that world has sufficient food we still cannot share it. In my view this is brought about by greed of some states in the world/people in a country. Some state/people have a superiority complex towards other states/people. Others want to oppress and suppress others as they want to ask for food in order to be give. Some states/people are selfish and want to benefit themselves and also development their own state alone. This could be overcome by electing leaders who can make a difference in the world. These leaders should be selfless and have a vision to face the food crisis.

• There are many food crises around the world. Millions of children die every year due to hunger, due to the high prices of food products, and the individual is unable to buy them. There are some reasons that affect the food crisis, such as “conflicts and the lack of equitable sharing of food, as well as climate change” so we must all cooperate To solve these problems, including "promoting local food production", which is like intensifying agriculture and taking care of crops, this contributes to food production and reduces faminesAnd also educating generations about the dangers of famine, which will lead to increased awareness among people and reduce famine, as the state must provide job opportunities in order to increase per capita income and increase economic activity in the state, and this will reduce famine by a large percentage. Free from poverty and famine

1. What other world problems might be helped by educating people, magical_hurricane? And whose responsibility is it to make this education happen?

• food crises
    Why don't people just share food?
    From my point of view, not everyone should share his food because many poor families cannot help themselves. Sharing food is obligatory for those who have a large amount of food or have the ability to buy in quantities. This is also a kind of humanity because this contributes to a certain extent. What to reduce food crises around the world.

Food crises are situations in which food is less available in a country or among people.

Food crises have many causes, including:

1-The poor economic situation and the inability of the state to give the needs of its people
    2-Shortage of crops, which leads to food shortages,
    3-The presence of many undeveloped countries such as South Africa that suffer from crises
    4-Not sharing people's food in difficult situations.
    5-Land that is unsuitable for agriculture, which prevents people from coming upon their needs

In my opinion, there are some solutions for example:
    1-Help developed countries for those who are not developed
    2-Focus on agriculture and crop production
    3-Do small projects and businesses that help a person get money to get food
    4-Don't waste food and help others

In the end, I would like to tell everyone to appreciate what they have because some can't get it and I advise Everyone helps as long as they can and be thankful for God

• At the outset, I want to say that participation is a good thing, but nevertheless, you face many difficulties, such as food poisoning, expiration of food expiry dates, and wars. We find that the Russian and Ukrainian wars threatened famine. Wasting food Food waste is rampant in many countries to get views. This is a disgusting thing, as well as the high prices of food. Also, when we find that there are almost many developing countries, there are 130 developing countries, and this is not a small number.

1. I agree because... food waste is a very big problem and Ukraine is a big export of grain.

• I think there is enough food in the world for people to share but they people won't share because they want money back.

• Actually people could share. Sometimes you have to think about things like, what if some people don't get as much food or support as you. Even though not all people would want to share. It would be a good thing to share food, it's always a good thing to help people in need. For as many people to go to bed hungry or not even get three meals a day is a problem. You could even give them some spare change, they would enjoy going out and buying a meal.

• Even though there is almost 8 billion people around the world, people are still wasting food at this moment. Not everyone are sharing their leftovers and many people throw their food in the trash. The Worldham a great potential to feed everyone out there. In my opinion, nobody in this world should throw food away because there are people out their dying from starvation, food waste is the most difficult thing to waste.

• I am pretty sure there is enough food for everyone in the world but I think it would be hard for people to share because like to get the food to the people that are hungry you would need to send it to them and like some countries might not send food to them because of political reasons and also because the food might go bad or because it might be hard for countries to send food to other countries.

• A common reason why we might not share might be the FDA. there might be restrictions on donating certain foods to local food banks. So many areas around may be wasting food because of of the FDA. Bringing food to poor countries would be difficult, as food could spoil, so poor countries may not have enough food.

1. For other Topical Talkers, the FDA is The United States Food and Drug Administration. Great job thinking about the organisations in charge of rules around food. What do you think the FDA could do or think about to address this?

• It is very logical to share, just like how we import and export goods to other countries, we can do the same with food. There's a twist though, instead of sending other goods like electronics and machinery, we can use the trade by barter system, where we swap out our different foods. For example:
    If Country A has a surplus of rice but needs beans and Country B has a surplus of canned beans but needs rice, Country A can trade their rice for some beans and vice versa.

For the issue of shelf life, as mention in the example above, we can export tinned/canned foods or food that have very long shelf life like fruits, oats and vegetables.

• I wish people could share, but I countries use their supplies of food as a weapon of power, like they will only share food if it benefits them.
    Also people can be selfish like we saw in lockdown people taking all the food for themselves and not caring about other people. People panic buying and buying more than they needed which meant a lot of vulnerable people had little or none.
    There is also a lot of food waste especially in developed countries, a lot of people throw away good food instead of trying to use it up.

• Global Food Crisis is one of the major problem we have in the countries of the world and can be caused by climate change, some countries might have experienced climate change which are floods,heat waves, storms, droughts.Due to this reasons,countries won't want to distribute their food.When there is no unity, agreement between two or more countries, you can see conflict as a problem.
    In my country,we the citizens or people have problems that we are facing now, which is rise in food prices and also there is lack of limited resources (scarcity) which will make people go hungry.
    In order to put an end to food crisis, education and job should be provided by the government, reduction of food wastage and encouragement of subsistence farming.

• I think every one should donate food to food banks. Then every one would have food and drinks.

• I think every one should donate food to food banks so every one has enough food to eat.

1. Can you explain what a food bank is?

• When I think 🤔 of a solution to the " food crisis" problem, it comes to my mind why we don't share.
    If every developed country like America, Germany, the United States and many developed countries have a lot of extra food but it is wasted in waste and restaurants, why don't they share it instead of throwing it that Somalia and Sudan and some countries suffer from a lack of food, so why do we not share? Why do we not help these countries that suffer from this crisis? If every developed country that has enough excess food has shared it , the problem of the food crisis is solved, so we must all help and participate in this crisis to solve it.

1. As much as I like your idea I'm not sure about this because it's not as simple as it may seem. These developed countries choose wasting food and dumping it into oceans because it's much cheaper than shipping it to other countries and not all people would want to participate and share their hard earned money.

• I think that we can feed everyone in the world but wars stop us from sharing.

• in my o pinion more people can help even making sure the recyle

• In my opinion the global food crisis is a very big deal{And I'm sure that lots of people agree...}and i think that a cause of this problem is that our world leaders aren't doing enough to help this crisis.What I mean by this is that one of our ex-leaders made his own rule and he broke it! This proves that he was not fit for running this country,and there is a lot of other presidents/prime ministers that shouldn't be in power.And this is a lot to do with the global food crisis because they are our world leaders and they should actually have a clue on what to do because right now there is over 823 million people going to bed hungry and 7,000 dye every 5 minutes and we need to start thinking about our choice and if you see this comment please think about who you choose and bye have a lovely day!

• This is very interesting point that the world has enough food to feed all the people yet 690 billion people go to the bed hungry It is just because that we do not share food .The develop countries like USA ,France,Germany, America has a lot of food but they do not share food and many of the food get wasted in the restaurants and in there homes and the undeveloped countries like Somalia ,South Sudan which do not had enough food to provide all the people in their country are affected with food crisis and many people died in their country only because of food hunger
    The reason is
    Food waste On the daily basis ton of food will waste but they cannot share with others May be our sharing become a life saving for others

1. Why is it not as simple as sending leftover food to other countries?

1. Because sending leftover food or any food to other countries requires inspecting the food, storing it, and shipping it which costs a huge fortune

2. You have a great point, I also don't support the idea of people irresponsibly wasting food on a daily basis and not sharing but these countries don't choose to regularly waste food as an act of selfishness but because shipping excess food for sure costs them a fortune risking their economy. I think as individuals we can help undeveloped countries and starved people by donating money to organizations such as( world food programme, bread for the world, etc.) or by helping homeless people in our neighborhood.

• Why cant we just share food with each other because many people are in need right now and people which are not going through the problem some people are having.The and i came up with a plan, instead of throwing food away we can save some for the next day if you are hungry. And another way to help people in need right now is that we can buy some food and leave some and give it to a person who is hungry has no shelter and has no food. And also we can be thoughtful and donate more money to charities so that charities can give food to people in need which have no food as a big gift to make them happy and they can live a normal life. So from now on we should care about others and give them something they need like shelter, a blanket, food and lots more.

• There are actually many reasons why we can't ''Just share''.

1.Some people have different ideas or opinions, leading to disagreements and then wars.This means countries won't get as much food (For example: If The USA got invaded by a nearby country, we wouldn't get as much food The USA transports because of the war) Also, some presidents and PMs etc etc, Wan't more land and we all know it doesn't go down peacefully.

2.Some people refuse certain foods because either they don't like it or they're allergic, being allergic is really the only acceptable way to refuse food,some people eat food regardless if they like it or not.The people that eat food regardless if they like it or not, there's 2 reasons for that as well, either they are forced to, or they care for others health and think they should force themselves to eat nasty food like bugs, everyone could have nice food if people shared to other countries equally, everyone would help one another but unfortunately, most people don't think like that.

3. Some people , mostly leaders ,want world dominance and don't wan't to share, so then they act neutral and then stop supplying food.

Thank you for reading my massive message

1. I agree because wars do stop trades, allergies are very common, someone may have a deadly allergic reactions to many things, preventing them from foods that have long shelf lives making it hard to provide food. If a country is starved enough, it may put itself under control of another country just to have food for their people.

• Yes there is enough food in the world to feed everyone actually the world's farmers produce enough food to feed 1.5x the global population. But the problem is access and availability of food. Nearly the world population is 8 billion and 12.9% of people in the world suffering food crisis. The world produce nearly 2.5 metric tons of perishable food which is wasted due to storage and transport facility. When we try to solve this problem we need finance and resource availability but there exist an insufficient availability of these resources in many countries. Many of the people in the world cannot afford to the food available because of poverty and so on . They're chronically ''undernourished''.
    Chronically undernourished means that a person is not able to acquire enough food to meet the daily minimum dietary energy requirements . When we import and export surplus perishable food with an efficient technology we can solve this problem but we need to undergo certain risk in this idea. That is transport which need fuel which is insufficient in many countries.

• Yes, I am with the proposal to share food in the world by resolving disputes between nations, providing necessary food for each person, avoiding housing in places where natural disasters occur, and preserving agricultural crops from pollution. Countries that have a lot of food help countries that have a shortage of food and publicly help people who have a shortage of food.

• An estimated 17% of food is wasted around the globe each year yet 10% of the population is famished, so why can't we just share? Many people believe that someone can just collect food and give it to poor people, but that's not the case. Initially, in order for countries to share food, food that people were originally going to throw away or waste should be gathered from (houses, factories, restaurants, etc.), stored, inspected, then shipped across the country then shipped across the oceans. After that, the food should be distributed to ensure it arrives on the plates of those who need it. This process costs millions of dollars placing the country's economy at risk this leads to countries preferring to ignorantly dump excess food into oceans.

• I think we can't share because of the word after it only where we can share, but there has to be attention, cleanliness, quality of storage and distribution regularly, maybe sometimes we have to reprocess the food, and there also has to be good relations between countries to complete this equation. Facilitating transportation routes to transport this food without going through rough roads that may lead to mixing or spoiling, and if the roads are not far away, they would reach the expired countries and cause them poisoning and diseases, and there must be fair supervision so that there are no bribes that allow those who intend evil He did it, whether it was poisoning food or something else.

• I think because so people are thinking they have to work for everything they get and earn but can not share because there is little of everything and can only buy for family not actual people in need of stuff. They spend all their time at work all they can worry about is family and work but not actual people who are struggling and are starving to death because of no food freezing in the cold with know roof over there head having a family but can't provide for there family.

1. You've made an important point here. People are often working very hard to provide for themselves and their own families.

• there is definitely enough food for the world but selfish people throughout the world throw the food away because they dont like it or there full when they could be donating food to different countries so think about the next time someone ask you "hey can i have some or a peice" say yes they could be homeless or something or not getting fed plus your still going to have some food left too. this is my opinion or the global food crisis.

1. What do you think could be done with food waste?

2. I have questions do you agree that we can share or do you think we should not share with anyone cuz you are saying in your comment that you have done but you didn't say that we should share or we should not share

1. What do you think @assertive_orchard? If there is enough food in the world for everyone, why can't people just share?

• We can't share our food if we looked for this distance we saw a very big problems lead to hunger in some country and that effects to population health and it also make lots of diseases to faced this problems we should start from our self you ask me how? There is lots of solutions like : saving some of our money every day and in the last of the month we give them for poor people .
    Lots of country wasted a big quantities of food every day form resturant for example if all countries have a system to resound the food and give them for poor people or poor countries we can't found hunger people .

• Yes indeed there is enough food to feed everyone in the world but the question arises why can't we people just share?
    The answers to the question is self interests, its shelf life and political issues..
    Self Interests: Take for example the farmers..they see their interest in farming..they will harvest the crops and feed their family by the money they will get by selling those crops..then how come they can give those crops for free to anyone?
    Shelf Life: Most of the food's shelf life is low due to which it is not possible to transport that food around the world where it is needed.
    Political Issues: Despite saying sharing is caring and in the following era where message of peace and harmony is being spread by different countries, there are other countries who don't want sharing, peace and harmony..
    So to eradicate the problem of hunger from the world we have to be selfless..we have to produce the food with increased shelf life and most of all we have to create the world which gives us the true picture of peace and equality..

• After looking at the sessions on food crisis i feel like sharing few things that I have implimeted at home .
    Have created awarenss on food wastage at home to act on following points
    Cook only that much as what we want for the family.This has reduced food wastage and resourse wastage .Excess of ccoked food we keep it to stay dogs on street to eat.
    Careful planning of vegetables purchased .This would reduce the rottening of tomatoes and onions at home .
    Planning to bring such awareness in neighbourhood.
    Our school has also motivated us to have a kitchen garden at home so that we grow our own chillies tomatoes ladiesfingure etc. Growbags are of great help here .
    We are planning to give surpless yield to neighbour s .
    Are there any such plans in other schools in different countries ?

1. Great question! I'm looking forward to see what other Topical Talkers say.

1. I agree because... Yeah our teachers treat us like their own children and they know their responsibilities as well. They also have our education well as our training. They also teach about every field of life one of them is Food Crisis. Such as how we can reduce food waste? If we have more food we can Donate it? and many other things

• If there is enough food in the world for everyone, why can't people just share؟
    There is enough food in the world for everyone, but not ever can access it.
    The Global Program Food Security ( GPFS ) emphasize the need to strengthen systemic approaches to healthy food systems. In some regions hunger is increasing rapidly because of crisis.
    Many regions in Africa and Middle East depend on wheat imports from Ukraine and Russia. And because of various commercial and financial issues, the historical high prices we are now seeing have actually already been rising for 2 years .This is a very complex issue, and there is no quick fix, we need emergency food aid to be complemented by systematic action, which takes longer to deliver results..

• About the food ,the opinion I have is I guess everyone have the enough food for themselves to keep their own fit and fine and healthy. Obviously in the context of less amount of food, we see everywhere there is an agricultural activities, though it's for their own or the country or also the business. But there are lots of poor people who can't afford their daily meal and I guess this is what we need to talk about. What we do it we actually are just happy for us getting the good living standard and we never thought about sharing it. We’re usually talking about taking money from some to buy food for others. Or we’re talking about collectivizing the farms. Or something similar that is not free in any absolute sense. We’re talking about something with trade-offs, with side-effects. Obviously there are lots of ways to solve or let ourselves know how can we be sharing food indirectly as well. We go in restaurants , hotels for food, but not necessary we complete all of them, so we can distribute the food to the poor one or one not affording their meals, it is going to be helpful in 2 ways, the food not being wasted and the one getting their meal. Also instead of throwing the food , we can actually give it as a charity as well. So likewise I guess we need to make a habit of SHARING.

• Yes, I am with the proposal to share food in the world by resolving disputes between nations, providing necessary food for each person, avoiding housing in places where natural disasters occur, and preserving agricultural crops from pollution. Countries that have a lot of food help countries that are in short supply and openly help people who are under food On the one hand, countries like the USA, UK, Germany and many developed countries have enough food and much of it is wasted in restaurants and even at home

1. I also agree with this post, we are not able to find a stable solution to solve the food shortage because of the shortage of food givers and a fast way to get the food from different countries.

• Our inability to feed the entirety of the world's population is mostly due to food waste. There's enough food in the world for everyone at the moment, but the point is that not everyone can access it.
    Ending hunger isn't about supply. The world produces enough food to feed everyone on the planet. The problem is access and availability, both of which are disrupted by things like extreme weather, food waste, one's gender and worst of all conflict.

1. Why "worst of all conflict"? I'm curious to hear what you think!

1. I agree because.... Conflict is not always responsible. Here we are responsible too. Perhaps we are not known about the way to help others that's why we blame management that they don't provide food honestly.

• The food crisis is widespread, so we do not share and reduce this crisis, but we can make it recycle until it decomposes into something simpler.
    And also the crisis consists of the cause of wars and conflicts and the spread of famine, so you must share food, even if it is half of our

• Food is required to live, so where there is starvation, death prevails their. Starvations some times are inflicted by natural causes and some due to mismanagement at the hands of human beings. If food is available with one region in abundance , it can be shared with other regions where there is shortage. But sharing is either a courtesy or exchange for earning revenue. As for as revenue earning based sharing is concerned, greed for want of more and more wealth can make a supplier to slowdown or halt sharing. Too much distance can also put obstacles for the supply. A region which stands in a war zone or where there is not good law and order situation - can also get no share of food from other regions. In the history of Mogadishu, General Farah Adeed , a war lord did not let share food to the people there - is an example.

• expiry:

Many products can't be sent all over the world due to their shelf life or storage problem

1. I agree..so we should find ways to increase their shelf lives..can you suggest any way?

• Food waste is the one of the most difficult waste to deal with .on daily basis a ton of food is wasted if we take precautionary measures on an individual level this may help but most importantly government should definitely do something to deal with this waste in an ethical manner .

The waste for us may be life saving for others

• Although we have enough food in the world for every single person's plate, we still can't share all of it. Firstly, developed countries can import more goods are they have more money. Moreover, developing countries can't afford that much to support everyone in that part of the world. In addition, even if your country is economically rich and wealthy this doesn't solve all the problems. Climate change is another massive factor - some countries are so far away. Each time we transport food, we emit more greenhouse gasses. Other people receive adequate amount of food on their plates but waste an enormous amount of it. Around one third of the food produced each year is lost or wasted, costing the global economy some $1 trillion per year!

• The world is witnessing a rise in the prices of materials and a shortage of food. This crisis resulted from high temperatures, floods, drought and climate change, which led to a food crisis. From my point of view, it is possible to reduce food waste and extravagance with it. It is possible that strong countries that are able to provide food help weak countries, especially in the agricultural and production fields. We have to be one hand cooperative, which leads to the elimination of crises in general and the food crisis in particular.

1. I agree with you and In addition to what you said, we must share food, which leads to the elimination of this phenomenon, as well as spreading love in society.

• I think that the political boundaries set by humans were the main reason behind the equitable distribution of food in the world. Countries were flooded with food due to the appropriateness of their weather, water, and climate, and others were depleted of resources. Therefore, global participation is required to eradicate hunger and expand the work of the International Organization (FAO)

• There's enough food in the world for everyone at the moment, but the point is that not everyone can access it and because there are that many people maybe not all people want to share because they worked hard for that.

• I think we all have the potential to feed everyone, but everyone isn't thinking correctly. There are millions of dollars in their bank account. But most people wouldn't even think to share with others. Many countries have so much money for war but don't want to feed the poor.

• Now, There is enough food for everyone on the planet, but the problem is that people work hard for the food they eat, so they won't be happy sharing. Containing a lot of food, countries can share and keep enough food for themselves while sharing and giving other people food.

• According to me, food is area specific and depends upon the agricultural growth and seasonal patterns. Nonetheless, when it comes to sharing, we as a community can do this but the major issues we may encounter are:
    - Specific Food/ nutrition scarcity in few areas
    - Transportation problems while transporting food to countries
    Moreover, the adequate food resources may not be relevant and consistent after a certain amount of time.
    For example: A research published by World Food Programme depicts that few countries like Yemen, Ethopia and Nigeria etc.. are major hunger hotspots.
    The question arises is why? Because few countries have more than minimum food required yet, they still don’t make meticulous use of it. Whereas, these hunger hotspots countries face extreme climatic condition and development is on slow pace which further impacts their economical position.

• These reasons are due to:
    1_ Self-esteem and privacy, as we here in Gaza are separated by walls only, and we do not know anything about those who are next to us, and people think that it is shameful to ask for food or help from your neighbors or relatives.
    2_ Everyone also considers that he, his children, and the people of his household have priority in his efforts and endeavors to earn the sustenance of his children.
    3_ In addition to the fact that here in Gaza the economic situation is deteriorating and the unemployment rate is high, so people calculate a thousand accounts at the bite and spend money because it may not come later, following the example of “hide the white currency for the black day.”

• It's not all about being greedy or selfish it's just that the others have to work very hard for euongh money to feed their family.

1. You're right that it isn't such a simple case of sharing!

• Our world is an enormous one right ?
    So why can't people just share to solve this deadly food crisis ?

Let's talk India. India is currently ranked at 107 out of 121 in the Global Hunger Index. But guess what they have an annual average wastage of 69 million metric tons of food. There the question arises "Why can't we share to solve this problem ?"

1) Most of the household food wasted has a small shelf life to go on for example dairy products , meat , chicken , etc. If this food reaches the needy, it will only cause diseases and make the situation worse.

2) There are many schemes implemented by the government to solve the hunger problem. But the execution of them comes with loopholes. For example the mid day meal scheme was implemented by the government in schools to provide the children of Below Poverty Line (BPL) to get an adequate diet and prevent malnutrition. But when it came to execution of this scheme there was a loophole within the government employees.

3) I feel like India is such a populated region that maintaining and distributing the wasted food will be a challenge. There needs to be a well developed and connected system directly transferring the food to the needed. Apart from that, all the banquet halls and ceremonial halls should give the unused food after every function to the needed by well developed distribution system.

• Okay from my own point of view and where I grew and also my environment in general, everyone is thinking about a way to survive and feed themselves and their families no one really has the time to start thinking of what other people want or whether they even have food to it. So, to sum it all up even though there is enough food for everyone in the world people are too selfish and bothered about what they are going to eat and do not want to share with those struggling

1. but there are people who have the privilege to not struggle in these circumstances so they should find ways to help even if it's in simple ways. ei not contributing to food waste, leftover food can be used for other meals or places like food chains or shops can provide the food with a lesser expirary date so they will not waste as much food in larger scales.

• The problem of food wastage is a very important matter that is taken lightly by everyone including those in power. The world today has advanced farming in different ways , technology has also been introduced into this aspect which makes it capable of providing food for everyone in the world
    Sharing is a strong word especially when it concerns the whole world . It is possible for developed countries to share their food resources but there are some hindering factors such as :

Budget: So many countries are not ready to invest so much money in feeding other people who are not their own citizens ;as Unspoken Knowledge said " countries are not ready to put in a surplus budget to feed other nations people this could put them in great economic depression ".This could lead to great lost on the side of those sharing.

Rise In Food Cost: The rapid rise in the cost of food especially in Nigeria is quiet alarming . Nowadays people don't die of incurable diseases and all that but because of starvation . The cost of food is so high even for the citizens talk more of other countries .

Nonchalant Attitude from those in Power: The aspect of food crisis and all are usually taken very lightly by those in power .They are advised to look more into the aspect of food in their various countries and it should be taken with all seriousness .
    Everyone in general should have the access to programs for food to enhance sharing of fo0d

• In my opinion, it is possible that we can share. The richest man in the world is worth 200 billion which is way more than our Earth's population. I feel like he should be able to just give out food and other resources to improve the worlds state. Because he has been noticed by so much, he most likely can put information like this out somewhere to get a lot of peoples attention. SInce the population is so high, not even he has to do this many others can help out people in their local area or just give back to a random area.

1. I agree that those who have the ability and opportunity to share their resources should be encouraged to however, is it really the responsibility for someone who was worked for their own worth to help those in a completely different economy simply because their government and legal systems simply are not supporting those who need it? Sharing resources from one person to another will help the issue slightly, but bigger action taken by government status would be much more effective. Why should it be down to big name 'celebrities' who are worth millions -billions- when in reality does some fault lie in what is being done by world leaders. The process of sharing resources isn't that simple either, many laws are put in place that could cause this to become more difficult. This includes health reasons and sanitations. The process is much more complicated than what is first thought, the transport itself is very damaging to the environment, by trains or plane leading to an increase in global emissions, which for many cases such climate change issues like flooding are the very cause of these devastating food shortages.
      So the questions remain:
      Why and who are responsibly for paying for the 'sharing' of resources?
      How would this even be achieved?

• Strawberry is perennial herbaceous plant that lives for several years if lef in the ground. The stem is very short and thick and rises above the soil surface to more than uo cm. It belongs to the pink family Which contains 115 genera and about 2,200 species. Strawberry Cultivation began in Palestine at the end of sixies in the Gaza strip, with an experinntal are a estimated at one and half dunum.

• hello, i disagree as food shouldn't be shared as different cultures have different food systems. if people gave beef to places where cows are sacred, they're not going to be able to eat it. plus, disease in different places, if i brought a bunch of ducks to someone in Spain the ducks might cause fatalities because of the different environment and diseases that is in one country and not another. as well as the fact if the animals have diseases and it then wipes out loads of animals of that species. therefore, you can't appease everyone and share food to everyone as we don't necessarily have all the supplies and help everyone in LIC's.

1. If you could ensure that the transportation of food was safe and it would not cause fatalities, would this change your mind?

• Although sharing food between countries and different areas of land is a common idea brought up for a solution on world hunger, many things have to be taken into consideration:
    For those countries who do provide enough food for everyone, do you think that is really their responsibility to supply and share with countries who do not have enough food for their own population?
    Can some countries afford the expense of 'sharing' their food without the usual economic benefit they would gain from selling their produce?
    Could this also be the fault of large food chains using great masses of land in LIC's (low-income countries) who are struggling with the food crisis in order to grow food for their own businesses while giving very little back into the local economies?
    Is it too late to tackle the world hunger crisis by just 'sharing', does more need to be done in order to solve or prevent the numbers from further increasing?
    How would 'sharing' food actually work, when does a developed country know how much of its produce is going to be enough to meet the supplies of its population and the supplies demanded from set trade deals. How would they know when to stop their production and focus on someone else's?

1. Do you think those large food companies using big areas of land in LICs, but are not from those countries, have responsibility? How do you think wealthier countries could help aside from food sharing?

2. You have to take into account the country's space and its economic capacity, so there is no problem for large and self-sufficient countries to help the poor countries, if those countries are really trying to provide food to help their people,even if through agriculture.

• Food is not being shared because we don't want to care for those who are hungry. Had not been we careless, we would have made strategies to feed them. Though UNO points out that the food crisis hit areas around the globe - but even then the problem is unresolved. Why? This is because just sending aid one or more times is taken as sufficient instead of providing means and strategies to the hunger-hit countries. Rich and technologically advanced nations should take measures to produce crops in hunger-hit nations by bringing areas under cultivation. This can be done by providing them with technology and skills to the people. Institutes in such nations for training their youth and farmers should be opened. If some nation is war-torn, peace should prevail through the efforts of big powers. Once the situation is made conducive for progress the hunger-hit nations will become self-sufficient in the food production sector.

• Of course there is enough food for the whole world, but some problems enter in the meantime, most of them are due to politics between countries, endless problems and wars, which are unnecessary. As we are all human beings on this earth, we have to stand hand in hand, to cooperate and forget all problems, to help each other and become hand in hand. Let there be a little peace in this world so that no one remains hungry. Do you agree with me or not? And why? I would love to see your response and discuss

• Since I was little I couldn't eat normally if there was a hungry person near me, that's why I always choose to share my food, every time I see a hungry people I just think why they don't have the food they need,
    Perhaps because we are eight billion people on earth, food is not enough for us.

But no, when I got older, I researched and I know that more than 9 tons of food is thrown away every year. While there are those who go to bed hungry.

So maybe if we think about it a bit before we put on our plate what we can't finish.

• Why can't we just share?
    In my opinion, every person in our world provides enough food, because he cannot provide a large amount that allows him to share, and this applies internationally because most countries, especially Arab countries, are able to provide only the needs of their people and cannot provide enough food to share with other countries other

• I think that if we have enough food in the world for everyone, that we should share but I think it is difficult to do that. It would be tough because some people just don't have access to any food resources and for some people in land-locked countries, it may be hard to even get to them to give them any food because of how far away they are and maybe even depending on their location/environment. Another reason may be that some countries have too much conflict going on in the countries or their government can be too corrupt; their country can be too dangerous to transport food/goods into. Practically, it can be problematic in some instances.

1. Good job pointing out some of the challenges. Can you offer any solutions?

1. The Government could put in a program where for every so many £'s people spend in their food shop, they have to donate a certain amount of food to a local food bank or to a charity which aims to help people who are in poverty and are not able to access food easily. This would at least help your local community in tackling the world food crisis a little bit. On a larger scale, the Government or Prime Minister could invest more money into transporting goods/food to other countries which are either land-locked or unable to gather their own food.

• We should start sharing food and stop wasting food because other people and many countries need food. We also need to stop making too much food at the same time because it won't be sold and will end up being wasted. Some countries have enough to export to different countries, but they don't because of cost of shipping out over the world. However, there are organizations that are trying to combat the food crisis, such as the World food Programme, a United Nations run organization which is trying to end World Hunger (Number 2 of the 17 sustainable development goals established by the UN). I believe that our world's governments should use some of their money to ship food out to poorer countries to help organization like the World Food Programme in their goal to end the World Food Crisis. It is also thought that the USA wastes 40 million tons of food every year (about 30-40% of the countries purchased food), compared to only 20.4 million tons in Mexico, this unneeded purchased food could have been shipped to a country struggling with the food crisis. I know there is money in waste, but this is already a problem that is escalating fast.

• After getting into discussions and analysing the exact situation, I understood that we do have more than enough food to feed the people over 8 billion. In fact, the world's half of the land is used for agriculture to feed each and every beings in this world. We do have the facilities and technologies to know where the food is deficient and help them by transporting the required items.
    Then definitely a question arises from everyone's mind, I.e. Why cant we just share?....yes, why can't? I too had that question and started gathering information. I got to know that the reason for increasing food crisis among our population is due to conflict between the countries
    For example: countries like Ukraine is unable to report

• There is enough food to feed everyone on Earth. The problem is not the lack of food, but rather the inability to get food.Greed, selfishness, hatred and neglect spread in our world, so the person thinks only of himself, ignoring the pain of others. The amount of food that is wasted daily is enough to feed millions of hungry people around the world, but unfortunately humanity has disappeared and we no longer share anything. The rich get tired after eating and the poor get tired to eat

• When it comes to food, people just think about themselves just like me :). But also I think that sharing some kinds of food for the people that they are out side my country would be a danger thing because what is those people didn't like my traditional food of my country what if the food is expired and I'm poising the other people?

1. yea so do i sumtimes but i dont moost of the time

• There are 8 billion people on the globe, and if they shared and distributed food, there would not be so much hunger, instead of wasting food and throwing it away, we can benefit the poor with it, but unfortunately not all of people in this life think about it and throw away excess food instead of giving it to the homoless people. We can also help cats and dogs who live on the street by feed them because there is no one take care of them and protect them on the street. We always have to share, cooperate, and put our hands in each other's hands by helping everyone.

• A lot of people work hard for their daily food, so most times people don't share cause they feel like why should I share what I have worked for so that mentality is what causes the problem

• I WOULD NOT EAT THAT.so gross!!!!!!!

1. Can you say why, brave_construction? Is there anything that would change your mind?

• THAT ISSSSS SO GROSS:0.

1. That's a strong opinion! Can you say why? Please use lowercase letters when commenting on the Hub as it is easier for other Topical Talkers to read.

• i know there is a problem around the WOld

• I think people can't share because if people share they can:
    - not have enough food and starve
    -might catch or give diseases like COVID 19
    -start to fight about what they want and what others want
    It might also be ok to share food because:
    -you will have enough of everything
    -you can try different foods
    -you will have fun and be silly with food.
    This is my opinion but if you think something else it is ok.

• In this world,only developed countries have enough food for everyone but under developed countries dont have enough food for everyone.As we know,most people of this world are fully selfish,they live for themselves only.So with this mentality how people could share food with needy?
    Only some kind hearted people are doing this sharing task and I think because of them,poor people are surviving with the meal, in this world

1. affectionate_cookie thanks for this comment. Tell me what evidence you have to support your comment that most people of this world are fully selfish - do you really think that is true?

• I agree because... I think that food is not shared out of fear of wars, as countries hoard food to provide it to their people

• the thing is we cant share food that easily. first of all, if a HIC offered a bunch pork to a country with a high population of people that practice Islam, then they will not accept. not every country can eat the same foods for different reasons. additionally, it does cost quite a lot to and export high quantities. Additionally, sending out food to other countries has a bad impact on the environment. you say that sharing food will solve the crisis but it wont because there will still be people out there who die from starvation. a lot of richer countries and people tend to be more selfish and not help out as much as they should whereas the poorer people tend to want to help more but they cant since they may not even be able to feed themselves. basically what im trying to say is that it is difficult to share food and even if people did, it still wouldn't solve the food crisis completely

1. Thanks for your though through comment dedicated_trombone. What evidence do you have to support your comments that people from rich countries tend to be more selfish and those from poorer countries less so?

1. Richer countries such as China, UK, USA etc. exploit the LICs. for example, in Ghana, there is a lot of food production specifically rice. the poorer countries tend to make a lot of food just for the richer countries to eat and then the poorer is left with almost nothing. however, there may be a couple of advantages as the LICs locals can be provided with jobs, but the problem is they have to work long and hard hours to be paid very little

• There are many reasons why people cant share. First of all, many people this days are dealing on white collar jobs. People feel that Blue-collar workers, which are those who do manual labor and are paid on an hourly or piecework basis, is a bad job or makes people look down on the person. If everyone goes for white collar jobs how do we concentrate on the agriculture. Although there are technologies that have made the agriculture easier but people still think backwards and refuse to go into such jobs. People cant share because they feel the money they earn from this white collar jobs is for personal purposes and not for distribution to people.

• What is the cause of the food crisis? The first of these reasons is the wrong division of labor and desertification, which led to poverty, famine, malnutrition, the spread of endemic diseases, and civil problems. Let us propose solutions to improve economic conditions, first, agriculture, which benefits people in meeting their needs, second. Helping developed and developed countries Thirdly, charitable volunteering, which requires assistance according to the person's ability to do so, and the poor person must search for work tirelessly to find a living.

• My own opinion says..... Food sharing may be helpful to remove the food crisis but some countries cannot provide the right amount of food to their population. There are a lot of reasons why some countries are unable to share food. So, so I will say some of the reasons that lead to problems. These reasons are;1. Politics 2. Conflicts 3. Natural disasters First, politics: Government programs around the division of food products and consumption affect the cost, space, and safety of the food force, both locally and internationally. At a general level food policy work affects farmers, food managers, wholesalers, retailers and consumers and if the government plans on agriculture are good it will help in growing more crops then it will help in sharing food. Secondly, conflicts: conflicts between countries, and religion even between sects can be a reason for not sharing food. People have bad feelings towards people from different countries and sects, so they do not share the good. Thirdly, natural disasters: Natural disasters can be a reason for not sharing food, as if there is a "flood and rockslide", they can be a reason for preventing reading for days or even months. Therefore, food could not be shared from one city to another.

1. How could these problems be overcome?

1. Nice! I will say that the solution to these problems is for our society to be cooperative and not selfish. Sharing food is very easy, for example, when eating food, simply add more of your plate to a poor or needy person, and we are done. Our problem is that we only see our interest, not an interest. Society, and this is what leads to problems in general. When cooperation, the layers of society will become better.

• We can't share because it is hard to send food to different countries especially if the food is sky rocketing in price.
    We also can't share because if the food are raw then it will Carry disease to more countries.

1. illuminated_llama you are right about inflation and the cost of food items. But what about countries that can grow their own food?

• sharing food is a way of showing kindness
    so if the UK has more food than they need they can donate to places like Afganistan

1. Do you think there might be complications involved in importing food?

• There are many reasons why sharing food is impossible, including:

*Storage methods:
    As some products, such as food, are greatly affected by the change in the temperature of the place where they are stored, so they spoil before they reach the specified destination.

* Food waste even within the same country:
    It is difficult to transfer food from one country to another, but within the country it is possible, but despite that, we find many hungry people, and this is all because of waste, irresponsibility, and a feeling of others. Thousands of tons of food are wasted every day. Wouldn't it have filled the hunger of millions of hungry people???

*Politics and economics:
    As the economic and political blockades on some countries make its residents unable to buy or secure their needs, and this is what increases famines.

* Wars:
    Some wars do not allow the passage of food, so it may be contaminated, and it may not be in the interest of war to feed that group, so they deny them food.

* Religions:
    There is a conflict between some religions, and they do not prefer to share food with the other group, because each one believes that it feeds an unworthy person.

*Natural accidents:
    Earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and even floods prevent the ability to transport food, which makes the state unable to secure its food for days or weeks, and so that food that must enter has spoiled and thus will cause poisoning.

It is true that some consider leftovers as mere waste, but this may be the reason for someone's life

• Sharing food would be a possibility but considering the fact that somebody could interfere with the food or it may not stay fresh during the time it takes to get from one place to another it may not be a great idea. Also if the food was passing through an area where there were civil differences or general disagreements would the food make it safely? If a country or place were suffering from a lack of food and they reach out to another place or country it could potentially take food away from others.

• food prices have doubled by price extremely so sharing would be amazing to do but there isn't enough food around the world to share really so it's hard i think there should definitely be more donation for food to donate there is a few that i know of but there should of course be more.

• In fact, the world has a great potential to feed everyone out there. The world population has reached nearly 8 billion. This is what I always think of when someone asks me about a solution to the food crisis “why can’t we just share” On the one hand, countries like USA, UK, Germany and many developed countries have enough food and a lot of it goes to waste in restaurants and even homes. On the contrary, countries such as Somalia, South Sudan and Ethiopia are not able to provide the basic components for their population. Reason: ## Shelf life: Many products cannot be sent worldwide due to their expiration date or storage problem. ## Political reason: I don't know much about politics a bit, and I'm pretty sure it plays an important role. (If anyone has an opinion on this please share with me) ## Food Waste: Food waste is one of the hardest wastes to deal with. On a daily basis a ton of food is wasted if we take precautionary measures on an individual this could be beneficial but more importantly the government should do something to deal with this waste in an ethical manner. Waste for us can be a life saver for others

• I'm not an expert but I think we can't just share because the majority of states are in debt. For example, Fance has got a debt of 1 762 billion euros, the debt of Japan is 8 736 241 800 000 billions euro and that of the United States of America is 1 848 772 200 000 billions euros. Therefore they can't pay for food because their debts would increase. They can't because of economic considerations, they also can't because of ecologic considerations. Indeed, if we transport food in an other continent we will polute the air and the oceans. Therefore we will destroy the ecosystems. Finally they can't just share because in those countries there are food crises. For example, in France there is inflation so the French people are chocking and they can not buy what they want. The only solutions would be to stop overconsumption, food waste, the pollution of the air and the ocean and global warming. They are the reasons of the food crises. Animals die because of the pollution, because they eat plastic, so the humans can't eat them. The global warming causes droughts, therefore people can't grow crops anymore.

1. Given how complex this problem is, where would you start @generous_flute? How would you start to address food waste, for example? Bear in mind that countries with big national debts can still act to stimulate their economies so this shouldn't be the main obstacle to addressing this problem.

• On a planet as a whole, we are producing more food than our global requirements. Of course land and water resources are finite but technological breakthroughs has always kept food production systems more productive to produce enough food. Scientists are now developing vertical farming systems to partially take care of finite land and water also since these systems get water from the air . There are however two problems yet to be efficiently taken care of.
    Better logistical systems are needed to supply food from food surplus areas to food deficit areas.
    Current Agriculture production systems are mostly environment unfriendly so may degrade land, water and air quality. We need to promote “Good Agriculture Practices” (GAP) to take care of this problem.
    Bottom Line: Yes we can produce enough food for all and can feed every one provided distribution systems are also improved.

• The world has the ability to feed everyone here today, but some parts of the world do not put that effort in to help stop world hunger. I have seen some places and individuals who really try and help to stop world hunger and food waste, the English football player Marcus Rashford once payed for 27 million meals for the homeless and hungry in the United Kingdom and I have also seen a restaurant that makes you pay for your leftovers to reduce the amount of food waste so instead of wasting your food, you could give it to the poor or save it for later. But what the world has become, it is not easy to give as we have gotten used to taking and not giving, if we gave a lot more, we can reduce the amount of hungry people and stop global food crisis.

• Actually, in the world there is enough food to feed everyone and more, because nature is rich in resources that suffice all the inhabitants of the earth with comfort, but with an overview we see that there are many countries that throw huge amounts of food while there are who go to sleep hungry, this is one of the reasons that caused the problem in nutrition.
    But despite this, from my point of view, the government in the country plays an important role. In my opinion, hunger and poverty are a product of the country's failed politics. This is something I noticed recently in my country, Lebanon, after being exposed to the economic crisis, widespread unemployment, high prices and poverty, we began to see people searching for their food in the garbage containers.
    In sum, the planet earth is full of resources that suffice all its inhabitants, and it is divided among all countries according to the area and population number of each country, but the extravagance of a part of the people by throwing food is like to take a morsel of food from the poor's mouth and throw it in the garbage containers.

• In fact most countries, governments give money to the leaders to distribute food according to the areas they manage to give to the needy now like in Uganda the government gives money to Members of parliament and you can find that most MPs use the food for their own benefits and give very little to the communities of which this food can't last for more than 2 days in one home and this is because of having corrupt leaders.
    Then we also have rich countries like USA, England, Russia and many others which have a lot of food but just waste it like the produced food can get rotten because of selfishness yet they could simply donate some food to some under developed countries like Uganda, DRC and South Sudan because most people are dying of hunger and if the above countries would help these poor countries by now this world would be far.
    And also as they say "The food you are wasting could help others

1. fascinating_forest tell us about the evidence that you have to support some of the statements in your comment.

• According to my point of view, I am a Palestinian..... Food sharing may be useful to remove the food crisis but some countries cannot provide the right amount of food to their population. There are a lot of reasons why some countries are unable to share food. So, I will discuss some of the tricky reasons for these problems. These reasons are; =) Politics =) Conflicts =) Natural Disasters 1. Politics: Government programs around the division of food products and consumption affect the cost, space and safety of the food force both locally and internationally. At a general level food policy work affects farmers, food managers, wholesalers, retailers and consumers and if the government plans on agriculture are good it will help in growing more crops then it will help in sharing food. 2- Conflicts: Conflicts between countries, and religion even between sects can be a reason for not sharing food. People have bad feelings towards people from different countries and sects, so they do not share the good. 3- Natural disasters: Natural disasters can be a reason for not sharing food, as if there is a "flood and a rockslide", it can be a reason for preventing reading for days or even months. Therefore, food could not be shared from one city to another.

• People are very greedy, most people are out there are broke with no money. Of course we can give out free food and things but those things are very valuable. If everyone had enough money to buy enough food for themselves prices and many more things would go up to more expensive prices because again after we finish the food to us about a couple months prices will end up going up again.

1. Thank you for your comment @brave_message. What will be your suggestion to reduce the food crisis?

• At this time of day, or should I say this generation people are very selfish with their food. And most can't share because sometime that is all they have

1. Why do you feel this generation of people is more selfish with food, what could we do to change it?

• Why can't we just share the food? I actually think we could share the food with the world, but we won't because of enemies and conflicts between countries and the greed for money. Other countries don't just give us gas and necessities for free. we have to trade things to get what we need.

• ;There are many answers but I believe the most applicable one is greed. Even though there are organizations such as The World Food Programme that's whole purpose is to eradicate world hunger, it isn't enough. Roughly 783,700,000 people are suffering. There are a lot of rich or financially stable people that could help the cause but they simply choose not to. A lot of those people waste food that could have been put to use and it is true that one has control over what they want to do with what they paid for, however what they choose to do could affect someone. Even though one doesn't know the person one should stop and think.

• I think that countries that are rich in resources and food or countries that are much more developed than other countries should share, or donate some food to countries that are being impacted by the food crisis. I'm not saying that these countries should just give away most of the food they have stored, or that they shouldn't be paid or given something in return for the large amounts of food they are giving to struggling countries, I just think that they should give as much food as they can grow or process in a year or less.

• I believe they don't share because some people have grudges and some are money hungry and they have trading problems.We always see our benefits.
    As individuals we always demand reward or price against every grain of food.
    In my opinion the reasons of not sharing food are;
    1- Low level of morality of rich people
    2- Class difference
    3- Irresponsible use of resources
    In conclusion,we can decrease poverty by opening organizations that help people with grudges to donate food since some of them waste food. People can also donate to this organization such as canned goods and money.

• This topic got thinking because in the are a lot of countries and each country has a specific type of crop it produces, but in the world we live in nothing comes free because every country is trying to grow their own economy, like in Nigeria almost all the states have a particular crop produced both at commercial rate or for personal consumption for example yam, rice, oil palm, garlic, groundnut, cassava, maize etc. But now most of this producer lack consumer because most of the supplier of goods are form rural environment so for them to be able to access international buyer, but the issues of sharing food globally nobody will go to the farm suffer to produce a particular crop and will want to just give it out for another person to consume without him/her having anything in return.

1. You make an excellent point about food being linked not just to sustaining a country's people but also to growing the economy. This is at the heart of the hunger crisis.

• There is no doubt that poverty is one if the most important reasons people to go bed hungry. As a matter of fact, many of my friends can not afford preparing sandwiches to eat during recess time at school. The area I live in is considered of the poorest ares in my city. People live in big extended families with tens of mouths to feed while recieving the minimum wages if there is any. My teacher always says " sharing is caring". We share sandwiches with our classmates and we donate money to help them buy what might stop their hunger even for a short period of time.

• Well for starters some people don't like sharing when it comes to anything. Food costs money and most people feel as if they can make money and purchase food then others can as well, even though it may not be as easy for others. There are a lot of cruel people in the world who won't think about others in need when they have some time to give back and feed the ones who need it the most.

• Although people can share food, many countries do not ,as their food is only for their country. If they share, then the people living in those countries would like to leave. Then others don't get any, so the Government buys many products so people stay and get more food than needed. Sometimes people don't eat the food they buy and it gets wasted and rot when people in other countries have to survive on small amounts of food.I would prefer to see countries co-operating more.

• the countrys can share but most countrys are very very stinge so like north korea so people that want to go to north korea can't because korea is very very dangerest becuase due to the continuing serious risk of arrest and long-term detention of U.S. nationals,and very little amount of countrys don't trade with them with food because they are a red flag and there stingy.

• I think that sharing food around the world is not easy sometimes because the countries has to be ok with people being ok with people sharing with their people but also like USA, UK and more developed countries have so much food and a lot of people wasted in restaurants and in houses so we have take our food for good because when we need our food we will not have it.

• I think it's okay to share, but people don't have much food to share with other nations and I think the problem is that not everyone would want to share what they have fought and worked hard for with others. The other problem would be that the world economy could end up collapsing because everyone works for what they want and what if the whole world was free?
    What would happen if food was free?
    If life were perfect, you would have the money to pay for your operations, money would not be a concern right now. The most important things in life are free, although this does not mean that they are easy to get. In fact, they cannot be bought even with all the gold in the world.

• There are many reasons why sharing food is impossible, including:

*Storage methods:
    As some products, such as food, are greatly affected by the change in the temperature of the place where they are stored, so they spoil before they reach the specified destination.

* Food waste even within the same country:
    It is difficult to transfer food from one country to another, but within the country it is possible, but despite that, we find many hungry people, and this is all because of waste, irresponsibility, and a feeling of others. Thousands of tons of food are wasted every day. Wouldn't it have filled the hunger of millions of hungry people???

*Politics and economics:
    As the economic and political blockades on some countries make its residents unable to buy or secure their needs, and this is what increases famines.

* Wars:
    Some wars do not allow the passage of food, so it may be contaminated, and it may not be in the interest of war to feed that group, so they deny them food.

* Religions:
    There is a conflict between some religions, and they do not prefer to share food with the other group, because each one believes that it feeds an unworthy person.

*Natural accidents:
    Earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and even floods prevent the ability to transport food, which makes the state unable to secure its food for days or weeks, and so that food that must enter has spoiled and thus will cause poisoning.

It is true that some consider leftovers as mere waste, but this may be the reason for someone's life

• Really We can share but others have a spoiled mind on their own food and don't think to share at all. I'm not saying that you need to share, It's just that I don't see many people share, I'm saying that We sometimes need to remember that others don't have much at home to eat.

Either way We've got to share with others that are poor and have the human needs that others do.

People also don't share because they don't like how someone does something or looks like which is oddly Offensive to others. We've got to stop throwing away food that you don't want which you could share with someone else that likes that food. These are most reasons we don't share with others. Sadly we sometimes forget someone wants food and maybe could ask people who maybe want that food that you could share. I'm not saying that you shouldn't eat that food you got to eat yourself, Im saying you should at least eat that food unless you don't want to, You don't have to force yourself to eat it, You could share it.

• The problem of food shortage has appeared clearly in recent times, and there are many reasons for food shortage, such as the massive increase in population growth that exceeds the state’s capabilities in providing food, the spread of wars, the lack of food, the division of the world into developed and developing countries, the lack of various natural resources, and the elimination of The main developmental resources of developing countries, the poor distribution of resources between members of the same society, and the people of countries into two classes, the rich class and the poor class

• The population has lots of food that could feed everyone for the rest of their lives. we do have lots of spare food and that spare food could feed all the homeless people in the world for at least three months.

I think we should just share because imagine how you would feel if you we on the streets and no one gave you any food. I just think it would be better for the world if every one shared.

I know some countries don't have enough food to feed every person in their country but at least try.

• we should share food because it safe's people's life's and it safe's money. Some people in some different country's don't have no food and not good because they mite die. Maybe we can send some food to food shop's and have that food sent to them.

• I think people should donate food to a food bank so every one will have something on there table at breakfast lunch and diner time. How would you like it if you had nothing for diner tonight? How would you like it if you had nothing for diner for the whole week!?

• Some people waste their food some don’t share because there might not be enough left. This means that people won’t share or just give half a piece of food this is know for the food crisis. But why would everyone need food?

Well everyone needs food and water because you’ll be dehydrated and with no food you’d starve yourself but that would take ages to be dead.

• We should be able to share with everyone so everyone can be fed .we have money to afford to make house for homeless so they can live a good life but if they need food and everyone has taken it .It’s not fair we should share.