Meet our school communities!

Festival2024_Locations

Community: a group of people who belong to the same place or share a common interest.

The Topical Talk Festival brings together communities from around the world so everyone has a chance to hear what people with different perspectives have to say. This means you’ll see opinions from people who might live very different lives to you.

We’d love to know more about the communities you belong to – this is your space to tell us more!

Tip: take a look at the flags that appear in the discussion comments to see where everyone is from. Do your best to respond to students from a range of different places.

Comments (60)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hi there,

I am from Tamil Nadu, India, and we have many special foods, especially traditional Tamil Nadu cuisine. One of the most popular dishes is pazhaya soru, also known as pazhayatu. To prepare it, we take a bowl full of rice and soak it in water overnight. The next day, we eat it. Pazhaya soru contains protein, iron, potassium, and vitamins B12 & B6. It helps with weight loss and boosts our immunity.

Another type of food we have in Tamil Nadu is siru thanniya vunavukal, which are small grain foods. Some examples are rye bread, rye pudding, horseradish, eleusine coracana, millet pudding, millet rice, kodo millet tomato rice, and many more.

These are just a few of the traditional food items from Tamil Nadu. There are many more delicious dishes to try!

• Well am actually from Nigeria, and Nigeria is actually one in a million, it has some amazing hidden features that are still yet to be discovered by us, even though we are black, we have the brain.
    Nigeria is one of the richest countries because it has almost all the mineral resources in the world, it is famously known for the mineral resources and it is the most populous black nation on earth.

1. I agree with you. I am also from Nigeria, and some of the mineral resources found in Nigeria is crude oil. Crude oil is the dark brown liquid found in the ground which can be refined and turned into petroleum that is used world wide mostly for cars. And also another thing that Nigeria is known for is argiculture, Nigeria's agriculture are one of the best because Nigeria has a total agricultural land area Of 70.8 million hectares furthermore, crop production is the largest subsector of agriculture in Nigeria. Also Nigeria is known for its Large indigenous language spoken of over 500 in nigeria, and more than 250 ethnic groups can be found in Nigeria.

2. I agree with you ,and am also a Nigerian.Nigeria is absolutely a great country.and also one of the richest country in Africa ,Nigeria has an exceptional biodiversity and boast an abundance of fauna and flora ,it is the most populous black nation on earth,and it is famous for it beautiful land marks.but why say all the goods things about a country and leave the negative ones ,and its not possible that Nigeria doesn't have an ugly side.not only Nigeria but also each and every county .i really think that we shouldn't go for the positive side and leaving the negative .its not like am bad mouthing my country ,but nothing is absolutely perfect .

1. I agree with you because I know how wonderful Nigeria is. I am also a Nigerian. Nigeria is respected in Africa. Even though we are still battling with corruption and insecurity, I enjoy living in Nigeria. Nigeria is blessed with mineral resources like oil and gold. I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN 🇳🇬.

• Hi there topical talkers, I am a pupil of Bomas Academy in Nigeria and I'm really excited for the opportunity to be able to discuss and have nice conversations with pupils from other parts of the world. It has been very interesting to read comments of pupils with different perspectives and different cultural backgrounds. Thank you topical talk for the opportunity, I am learning so much already and i can not wait to have more discussions on the student hub.

• Hello there topical talk. I am from Bomas Academy, a school in Nigeria. So far, the festival has been very educative because I have been learning a lot of new things about AI that I did not know before. One of the reasons why I am always excited to join the topical talk festival every year is because I always learn so much about a lot of things that are happening in different parts of the world. Also, I have been given the opportunity to discuss with pupils from UK, Nepal, Ghana and so many countries. It is so fun. Thank you!

• The community I am from is a truly special and unique place with a lot of livestock and agricultural produce, which is important. It is also a habitable place to live in. I wouldn’t say we have it all here because we are still battling with some social issues, but I know that it will definitely get better. Humans need good habitat to survive; for example, we need trees to survive because without trees, we wouldn’t have oxygen to live. My community is filled with rocks and agricultural produce fit for survival. I know you are pondering where this wonderful community of mine is… it’s in no other place in Nigeria than Jos, Plateau state. Why not come someday to experience the wonderful climate and natural view!!!!!

• Nigeria, country located on the western coast of Africa. Nigeria has a diverse geography, with climates ranging from arid to humid equatorial. However, Nigeria’s most diverse feature is its people. Hundreds of languages are spoken in the country, including Yoruba, Igbo, Fula, Hausa, Edo, Ibibio, Tiv, and English. The country has abundant natural resources, like coal, limestone,iron ore, zinc and notably large deposits of petroleum and natural gas.
    Nigeria has a tropical climate with variable rainy and dry seasons, depending on location. It is hot and wet most of the year in the southeast but dry in the southwest and farther inland.
    As far as I am concerned, there is no country on earth like Nigeria,and I know every patrot Nigerian hold this view.

1. I strongly agree with caring_spring because:
      Nigeria, located in West Africa, is a vibrant and diverse country with a rich cultural heritage and a growing economy. Here are a few things that excites me about Nigeria:
      Nigeria is home to over 250 ethnic groups, each with its own unique culture, traditions, art and music. Nigeria also has a thriving film industry known as Nollywood, which produces a large number of movies annually. Nollywood films are not only popular within Nigeria but also reach a global audience, contributing to the country's cultural influence and reputation.
      Nigerian music, particularly afrobeats, has gained international recognition and popularity in recent years. Nigerian musicians such as Burna Boy, Wizkid, and Davido have achieved global success, attracting fans and interest from around the world.
      Nigeria has a large and youthful people. The energy, creativity, and potentials of the country's young population are seen as drivers for future growth and development.
      And finally, Nigeria has a lot to offer in terms of cultural diversity, entrepreneurship, music, sports and natural resources. which excite people and contribute to the positive perception of the country.

Thank you.

2. Yes, Nigeria is unique due to its linguistic diversity, boasting over 300 languages. Despite English being the primary language, each tribe has its distinct language leading to a plethora of languages spoken within a single state. For instance ,greetings vary across tribes . Instead of saying good morning, the HAUSA says Ina kwana, YORUBA using Ekaroo, IGBO saying ututu oma etc
      However, the universal language for communication especially in schools is the English language.
      Additionally there is a unique form of English called the pidgin commonly used informally throughout the country. Where phrases like *abeg *replace "please"and how you dey substitute for" how are you"reflecting the linguistic vibrancy of Nigeria.

• I am from the tiny but beautiful country filled with nature and positive vibes .It is known as Nepal. It is a small developing country but here, the people are very friendly,kind and independent. Community is the place where people live together and get to know about each other and help the other people in any any situation and this is what we do,we treat our community members like our own family.This makes me proud about my community and country.

1. Hello good_orange,
      Here are a few details about my home country, Nigeria: it's a wonderful nation with a rich cultural legacy and is home to Nollywood, the second-largest film industry in the world, which releases hundreds of films annually. Nigeria is home to numerous ethnic groups speaking more than 250 different languages, as well as a variety of cuisines and diverse ethnic groups. The country is also endowed with an abundance of natural resources, including gold, iron ores, sodium chloride (salt), crude oil (which makes Nigeria the largest producer of gas and oil in Africa), and so many more that are yet to be explored, as a result, Nigeria is among the richest and most active mining nations in the world.
      Can I know more about your country good_orange?

• Hello friends
    I am from Nepal which is 1 in a billion because it is the country where there is only peace. Nepal is like a flower garden because like in a flower garden various types of flowers live together with peace and harmony, as well as in Nepal people of various surnames, races, jobs, religion etc live together with peace and harmony, helping each other in need, with love and respect towards others and also with friendly behaviour towards other people. The world's highest mountain Mount Everst lies in our country Nepal and lord Buddha who is known as the Light of Asia was also born in Napal. Nepal is heart warming country. Nepal has many UNESCO World Heritage Sites as well for visiting. It is a landlocked country which is bordered by China and India. It is a small but a beautiful country. People of Nepal are proud of their culture and religion. It is a very unique country. It was never ruled by any other country. People her are very nice and welcoming. It is the second richest country in water resources. There are various natural and cultural areas in Nepal to visit. It is a great country for tourist to visit and get information about various new things.

1. Successful_engine I would like to know if your country has any special celebrations or events? For example in my country Nigeria there is a festival called Argungun fishing festival where people from all part of the country come together and witness the participants with their fishing equipments jump into the river for the fishing competition. Whoever catches the most fish or the biggest fish is the winner of the competition. At the end of it the fishes caught are grilled near the River for a feast. People from other parts of the country also come to witness this festival. So does your country celebrate something similar to this or like this?

1. This sounds like great fun, ambitious_panther! Is there a story for how this festival started?

1. Yes there is.
          This festival traces it's root back to August 1934, When the sultan of sokoto Hassan Muazu made a historic visit to Argungun. In appreciation of his visit, a grand fishing festival was organized marking the beginning of this annual event. (Argungun fishing festival). Since then, it has become a yearly event held between February and March.

1. Thanks ambitious_panther!

2. Wow. Your country sounds amazing. I like the fact that your country Nepal was never ruled by a foreign country. Here in my country Nigeria, we were ruled by the British for years until 1960 when Nigeria gained independence. I never knew that the world's largest mountain Mount Everest is located in Nepal, that's fascinating. Also I have a question for you, how is climate change affecting your country, especially mount Everest. 😁😊

3. Hello topical talkers!
      I live on the Plateau area of Nigeria. Nigeria has 36 states with the capital city called Abuja. This wonderful nation of mine is blessed with diverse ethnic groups, that have their peculiarities.
      The 3 major tribes in this country include: Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, there are more than 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria we have over 500 languages. Nigeria's main source of wealth is crude oil but we have other resources like: tin ore, columbite, tantalite, led, zinc, gold and we also have agricultural produce in large commercial quantity examples include; maize ,rice ,groundnut, yam, cassava, palm oil, etc.
      Each of the 36 state have their unique slogans. The Plateau state slogan 'is home of peace and tourism'. Which is true because we are blessed with unique natural tourist attractions. We have the likes of Kura falls, Lamingo dam, Assop falls, Shere Hills, Wase Rock, Jos wildlife park, Riyom Rocks, Jos Museum and Zoo, the list goes on and on. My only wish is for people to get more enlightened about the safety of the environment, because human activities is gradually hurting the eco-system. I believe that together, we can work hard to protect our environment because the beauty of this famous state is gradually fading away. Even the weather conditions have been affected that when the weather gets cold it makes people come down with different health issues. even the Peace that used to be attached to our state's slogan is now a thing we long and pray for because different crisis that has rocked the state. one thing that people fail to bear in mind is that these crisis also cause environmental pollution because the burning of tyres, houses, woods and other things goes into the atmosphere and cause pollution. I someday wish that i will grow to be an environmentalist so I can do the best I could to enlighten people about their activities, so as to have a balanced and healthy world.

• I am from Bangladesh . It is a small country with a huge population about 160 million. But it has many historical places.Bangladesh is predominantly an agricultural nation, with the majority of its population being farmers. However, it remains a very beautiful and peaceful nation. The cultural of my country is given below:

Cultural Diversity:
    Bangladesh is known for its cultural diversity, influenced by a blend of Hindu, Buddhist, and Islamic traditions. The country celebrates various festivals, including Durga Puja, Eid, and Pohela Boishakh (Bengali New Year), which are marked by vibrant celebrations, traditional music, dance, and delicious cuisine.

Hospitality:
    Bangladeshi people are renowned for their hospitality and warmth. Guests are treated with great respect, and it's common for people to go out of their way to make visitors feel welcome. Sharing meals is an integral part of Bangladeshi hospitality.

Language and Literature:
    Bengali (Bangla) is the official language of Bangladesh, and the country takes great pride in its rich literary heritage. The works of poets and writers like Rabindranath Tagore, Kazi Nazrul Islam, and Jibanananda Das hold significant cultural importance.

Religious Harmony:
    Bangladesh is characterized by religious diversity, with Islam being the predominant religion. However, there are also significant Hindu and other minority communities. The country has a history of religious tolerance, and people from different faiths often live harmoniously side by side.

Economic Challenges:
    While Bangladesh has made progress in various sectors, economic challenges persist. Issues such as poverty, unemployment, and infrastructure development are areas that the country continues to address. However, the resilience and determination of the Bangladeshi people contribute to ongoing efforts for improvement

1. Hello there, I enjoyed learning about Bangladesh and I want know more, tell me how cold is it in Bangladesh? Do all the different cultures in Bangladesh get along? What food do you have there? Who are the celebrities in Bangladesh? What language you speak? How do you say hello in your language? I look forward to hearing your answers😊😁

• Where I am from is BANGLADESH. We are know as banglees. We are a brave nation with it's golden childs. We speak a sweet language called BANGLA.We are know in the world for the great International Mother Language Day and for the great Liberation War. We have many resources and we are know for them. We have the longest sea beach in the world. The largest mangrove forest is also belongs to us the banglees. My Bangladesh is known as a rievrine country. There are 907 rivers in my country. My land is a mixed cultured land, where different people lives in harmony besides having different religion. In number muslims are the major. But we love each other as a banglee. In friday, we muslims gather for jummah. It is like a festival for us in every week.
    We have so many touristic attractions. If I want to say that for which reasons Bangladesh is know, then I cannot finish it. We are developing day by day. Our country is doing so well. I cannot finish the whole thing what I really want share about my golden bangla. The words getting short for describing about my bangla. In every sector our bangla is growing day by day. We are the nation fo golden childs. I feel really really really very pround to be a BANGLEE. I am thankful to my mother land . I love my Bangladesh.

1. Hi, I am interested in learning about your school system. In my home country Nigeria, we have pre-nusrey, nursery, primary, junior and senior secondary Education. Both primary and secondary classes starts at 8am in the morning. Primary classes closes 2pm. While junior and senior secondary classes closes around 3 pm. Additionally, I'm curious if your country has any unique native foods. In Nigeria, we have dishes like Edikang Ikong, a soup made from a plant called*ooker* and Miyan kuka, a soup made from* kuka tree* . Also not forgetting our popular dish called jollof rice.

• I am a Nigerian, and nigeria is known for it rich culture and heritage, it has diverse cultures, which is why it is regarded as a country which has unity in diversity. With 3 major tribes the Hausas ,Yorubas and igbos. The interesting and most fascinating thing about this is these tribes are different and yet they relate well with one another for the development of their country, a country where our parents teaches us our culture from birth. I’m can proudly say it I’m a Nigerian 🇳🇬.

1. That was a marvellous comment phenomenal technology because Nigeria is a good and populated country embraced with rich culture and mineral resources. There are over 250 tribes in Nigeria but 3 of them are the major tribes. Nigeria is the land of my birth and nothing will ever make me to deviate. I love my country.

2. That's so patriotic of you my dear phenomenal_technology if I may do the honors I will like to add up to what you said...
      As a proud Nigerian citizen,Nigeria is a vibrant country in West Africa. It's known for its rich cultural heritage, diverse ethnic groups, and delicious cuisine. Nigeria is also the most populous country in Africa. Have you ever been there or do you have any specific questions about Nigeria? 🇳🇬😊

• I agree with you. I am also from Nigeria, Nigeria is the 3rd richest in resources like crude oil, limestone, niobium, lead, zinc, donomite, tantalite and salt. Nigeria is also good at farming of crop to sell to other countries.Nigeria has a total agricultural land area Of 70.8 million hectares. Nigeria have 774 local government In Nigeria,it has 36 states in Nigeria, the motto of country is unity and faith, peace and progress. The three main language in Nigeria are the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. But they are other languages in Nigeria are the Tiv, Ibibio and some other languages.i really think that we shouldn't go for the positive side and leaving the negative .its not like am bad mouthing my country ,but nothing is absolutely perfect .
    Thanks

• I agree because... In this world there are different communities also different opinions. We should listen to others . This can help us developing our minds knowing another ideas. Actually we can benefit from social media which plays an important role in this project

• Nigeria has been progressive since independent and up to date despite to the current Challenges in the country. Nigeria is blessed with incredible biodiversity! The country is home to a wide range of ecosystems, including rainforests, savannas, mangroves, and wetlands. These diverse habitats support a variety of plant and animal species. Nigeria is known for its unique wildlife, such as the Nigerian-Cameroon chimpanzee, the African elephant, the West African manatee, and the critically endangered Cross River gorilla. The country also boasts a rich birdlife, with over 900 species recorded. Protecting Nigeria's biodiversity is crucial for maintaining the ecological balance and preserving the natural heritage of the country🇳🇬. it's has over 1000 documented species of butterflies,Nigeria's ecosystem is incredibly diverse and fascinating! The country is home to a wide range of ecosystems, including rainforests, grasslands, wetlands, and mangroves. These ecosystems support a rich variety of plant and animal species, contributing to the overall biodiversity of the country. From the lush forests of Cross River National Park to the vast savannas of Yobe Game Reserve, Nigeria offers a unique blend of natural beauty. It's important to protect and preserve these ecosystems to maintain the balance of nature and ensure a sustainable future for generations to come. 🌍
    Thank you🙂!

• Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa. It has 6 geo-political zones namely: north east, north central,north west, south south, south east,and south west. Nigeria has a lot of mineral resources which makes it One of the richest country in Africa. Nigeria is also different from other countries in the world. Nigeria's capital is called Abuja.We have insecurity issues that are bothering us but,it is coming to an end.

• I am from Bangladesh. It is well known for it’s natural beauties. Bangladesh is also a country with cultural and ethnic diversity. There are more than 54 tribal group in Bangladesh and they speak more than 35 language. The tribal group of Bangladesh are Chakma, Marma, Tripura,khumi,khasia etc. Most of them live on the south - east of Bangladesh. Some of them live on the east, north - east. The largest tribal group is Chakma. They live on the hills of Chattogram division mostly at Bandarban, Rangamati and Khagrachhari. Most of them are Buddhist. The second largest tribal group is Marma. They also live in Bandarban, Rangamati. The smallest tribal group is Khumi. Their population is around 300. The tribal people of Bangladesh has their own festivals. The most popular one is " Boishabi". They celebrate it from 29 choitro to 1st Boishakh according to Bengali calendar. Though they are tribal group of Bangladesh, all the people of Bangladesh live with them peacefully.

• I come from a land surrounded by greenery, endless forms. The name of that country is Bangladesh. This country is called by many names such as poet's country, foreign mother's country, country of songs. I was mesmerized by the untamed fields and natural beauty of the country.
    Location and size: Bangladesh is a country in South Asia. Most of its borders have been with India. To the south is the Bay of Bengal. The total area of ​​this country is 1 lakh 47 thousand 570 square kilometers.
    Population: Bangladesh is eighth in the world in terms of population. Its total population is 16 crores. The population of this country is much higher than its size.
    Language: Bengali is our mother tongue. Bangladesh is inhabited by different ethnic groups. They have their own mother tongue and speak in their own homes. But Bengali is the national language of Bangladesh.
    Topography and seasonal variations: Bangladesh is the largest delta in the world and a country with seasonal variations. Almost all of this country is plain. Also there are many crooked rivers in this country.
    Natural resources: Bangladesh is a country rich in natural resources. Natural gas is the main resource of this country. Also includes coal, limestone, mineral oil, clay etc.
    Bangladesh is my pride and my pride. We got this country through many sacrifices. I love the country like a mother.

• Hello i am from Mongolia and my school is moreland primary school.I am 9 years old and my favourite sport is football! It makes me happy and joyful and I am practicing every day daily. I have have came in the school 2 years ago since 2024,this school is amazing and cool!

• Well am a Nigerian, Nigeria is the richest country in Africa and one of the top ten richest country in the world.
    Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa with a population of over 211 million residents. Nigeria has about 36 states, over 250 tribes (ethnic groups), and about 774 local government areas.
    Nigeria is blessed with an abundance of resources. My country is widely known for its vast hydrocarbon wealth, vast land, third main mainland bridge, vibrant and energetic nightlife, oil production, business spirit and terrorism.
    Nigeria has some historical sites like
    The Oduduwa groove
    Emir of Kano's palace which is the most beautiful place in Nigeria.
    The Ogbunike caves etc.

Nigeria celebrate so many festivals like the new yam festival, the calaber carnival, the Durbar festival, the Argungun fish festival, the Ofala festival, the Eyo festival, the House festival, the international film festival, National festival of arts, Sango festival etc.
    In Conclusion, Nigeria's cultural diversity and heritage means there are quite a number of colourful cultural festivals within the country that showcase the rich history of it's people.

I noticed that other topical talkers are from different countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, and most of them are from Nigeria.

Where I would like to learn more about is in eco- anxiety.
    Thanks.

• Hi,
    I am fierce_ parrot and i am from Nigeria.
    My country, Nigeria, offers a rich cultural experience with diverse traditions, languages, and music. The country is known for its lively cuisine, including Jollof rice and Suya. Nigeria also has a flourishing entertainment industry, with Nollywood being the second-largest film industry in the world. Additionally, Nigeria's simple beauty includes dazzling landscapes and wildlife, making it a great destination for nature lovers. Though my country has it's own weaknesses in various aspects, I still love it for it's high-spirited and congenial energy expressed through several creative expressions.

• In fact I am from Lebanon , and as it is known that Lebanon has four seasons and a distinctive climate. I think that economic conditions are not ideal except that it is a beautiful and touristic country . It has stunning views.

1. Your country sounds amazing! I want to learn more about it. How many ethnic groups are there in your country? What is the main language spoken there? Are there any special celebrations or unique foods that are specific to your country?

• Hello!
    I'm from the UK and in my school(Moreland Primary School)we have the best teachers and the best equipment
    and my favourite subject is PE Maths and science and my favourite sport in PE is Football and I like science because of the experiment and my Favourite experiment is called coke and Mento and my favourite in maths is when we learn something new and when I play football it makes me the happiest person.

Tell me if you like the you like football or like the experiment called coke and Mento

• Hello!
    Today I will like to discuss what Me and my classmates do, we live in London at a school called Moreland primary school and the student's listen very much we have many equipment such as Football, hula hoops ,Rugby balls, tennis racket and tennis balls, Basketball, rounder racket with the ball and as my teacher introduced everyone this app called topical talk we were all very happy
    If you want to ask question don't hesitate and ask I will make sure to reply

• Hello, I am from Nigeria, particularly from Plateau State, and I love my home for its cultural diversity, Nigeria has about 371 tribes with the Hausa, Yoruba, and Igbo being the major tribes, and one thing I have learnt from my country is that diversity makes us greater, some other things about my country are as follows:
    1.Leadership: Nigeria has a presidential system of government, but we still honor the monarchial system of government, for instance we have the Ooni of Ile-Ife, the Oba of Benin, the Eze for the Igbo, and for my beautiful state Plateau we have the Ponzhi of Langtang, the Long Goemai of shendam, the Gbong Gwom of Jos and many others I can't list. Just as the Kings listed have chiefs to assist them, the President of Nigeria has a cabinet of ministers at the federal level, the Governors of each of Nigeria's 36 state have a cabinet of commissioners, and the local government chairmen have councilors, they all work together to furthermore improve our country.
    2.Cuisines: Nigeria's wide variety of cuisines is one in a trillion, Nigeria's cuisines which are based of the cultures of Nigeria are tasty and healthy, each part of Nigeria has its own variety of cuisines, in Igboland we have Isi Ewu, which is made out of goat head, Nkwobi which is cow leg, Abacha which is known as a local salad and many more, the Yoruba have Amala and Gbegiri soup, which is a soup made out of beans, Ofada rice also known as local rice and many more, the Hausa have Tuwo and Miyen Geda which is a soup made from groundnuts or peanuts, we also have Masa which is a paste made from rice that is fried, we have suya which is roasted meat and many others, in Plateau state we have, Amoura, Gwote and many others. I love my country for its food.
    There are many more which I can't list, but thank you for reading.

• I am from Nepal. I like tell you guys nepal is the best country . Nepal is land lock country. It is like heven you could see alive. Here are people from different religion but they living like are blood brother. Nepal is famous because of its natural beauty and water resources. It have world highest peak Mt.evrest,It is the second richest country in water resources ,It have 8 highest mountains among the world,it is famous for its culture it like a small version of the world.
    Thanks

1. Wow! Your country is a very nice place. Can you please tell me more about your country because I enjoy knowing new things about other countries. I wish I can visit the country one day.

• Hi topical talkers I'm a Nigerian and I reside in the Northern part and I'm really proud to be a Nigerian because the Northern part of it where I reside is known for its rich and diverse cultural heritage. Nigerians are known for their vibrant and friendly energy expressed through diverse creative expressions. Let me share some interesting facts about Nigeria with you.

1. Over 500 indigenous languages are spoken in Nigeria.

2. More than 250 ethnic groups are found in Nigeria.

3. Lagos is Nigeria's largest city but not its capital.

4. Nigeria is the largest producer of oil and gas in Africa.

5. There is a town known as the 'twins capital of the world.
    My country Nigeria is often called the giant of Africa. This name comes from the vastness of its land, the diversity of its people and languages, its huge population (the largest in Africa), and its oil and other natural resources.

• I am from Bangladesh actually, from Cantonment Public School and College Saidpur. The surroundings here are good at least for me. Because the culture here. It dosent matter in which religion we belong from but the main thing is to stay in Harmony and we are Bengalis. I also love the dressings which are cultural here. I love to wear Panjabi and personally its very comfortable.

• Hello,
    I'm grounded seal from Rhemaville Christian Academy. In my school, we have amazing, determined, and hardworking teachers who train us to be the best people we can be. The school also imbibes in us good moral characteristics that can have great impact on us and our society. The school also engages in extra-curricular activities for instance football to ensure that we are physically fit. The subjects that we have are really amazing and interesting subjects, but out of all, my favorite subject is ICT. I love this subject because of the practical we have. For me, Rhemaville is one in a million and is the best school on this planet.

• Hello, I appreciate the positive sentiments shared about Nigeria, a nation with diverse ethnicity, culture, and ecosystems. However, it's important to address challenges. Corruption and ineffective leadership have marred our progress, with leaders often prioritizing personal gain over national welfare. Additionally, there's a historical lack of patriotism and political apathy, though recent events like the END SARS protests indicate a positive shift, especially among the youth. Lastly, poverty remains a significant issue, despite the presence of wealth. While Nigeria faces obstacles, it's a developing nation with the potential for positive change. As they say in my native tongue, "Ejii ro ututu amanjo afia" – one's future can't be determined by a bad start. With its 63 years of existence, Nigeria has a journey ahead towards growth and improvement.

• Hello everyone,
    Well, I'm proudly from Nigeria. Nigeria is a very versatile, beautiful and populated country. Nigeria has many tribes and many languages and is a very lovely country for a vacation.
    Being part of the Nigerian community has both its ups and downs but as always, the ups are more than the downs. Being part of the Nigerian community is a very exiting experience as Nigeria has many things to try and places to visit some of the notable things among these are the foods. Nigeria has a bunch of delicacies to eat, delicacies such as "eba and soup", "Moi Moi and Acha pudding" etc. they are all very delicious.
    Nigeria also has many tourist sites. Places such as Zuma Rock and Yankari National Park where you can come and catch fun.
    I would really like to learn more about Ghana. From what I have seen from their Topical talkers they are sharp and smart, and they really know how to express themselves and communicate. But in general, all Topical talkers are very good when it comes to communicating.

Thankyou.

• Nigeria, the world's most populated black country, is situated on Africa's west coast. Nigeria is governed by a federal system of government and is a federal republic. containing 250 ethnic groups, 36 states, and the federal territory, which is home to Abuja, the capital Nigeria is a stunning nation with amazing tourist destinations. We feel like we are one, and we are talented and gifted. I've noticed that the Rhemaville Christan Academy brings an incredible amount of compassion to this tournament. Their degree of participation has taught me that it has altered my viewpoint from a variety of angles, which I greatly value.

1. I am glad you have been learning from another school!

• Nigeria is a nation in Africa. There are numerous nature reserves and sites there. Over 250 different ethnic groups, speaking 500 different languages, and identifying with a wide range of cultures live in the multinational state of Nigeria. Being a part of our nation offers positive experiences because of our dynamic lifestyle, which is a cultural mosaic. People are brought together, integrated, and strengthened as a community by our culture. In Nigeria, culture also serves as a vehicle for personal expression and innovation. In Nigeria, culture can also serve as a means of recreation and social cohesion. As is evident, there are many excellent schools in the area, including Rhemaville Christian Academy, Bomas Academy, and Usra Academy. I want to learn the way Rhemaville Christian Academy work together as a team to reach much stars as that. I want to know how they do it. All I know is that the level of creativity of the Rhemaville is very acknowledged by me.

• Well am a Nigerian, Nigeria is the richest country in Africa and one of the top ten richest country in the world.
    It is also known as the Giant of Africa. Nigeria's cultural diversity and heritage means there are quite a number of colourful cultural festivals within the country that showcase the rich history of it's people.
    Being part of the Nigerian community is a very exiting experience as Nigeria has many things to try and places to visit some of the notable things among these are the foods. Such the the African Salad commonly known as Abacha, eBay and soup. Their jollof rice is so amazing that you can order for more. Nigeria is famously known for it's natural resources such as, gold, coal, limestone, salt etc. The highest natural resources which has has is the crude oil. Currently, Nigeria has begin to refine petroleum which is one of the job in Nigeria that pays most.
    Even though we are black nation, we are very good in hand works like moulding, sculpturing, drawing and painting, carving etc. Nigeria is one of the best country in the world that has a spirit of cooperation in business and we explore the world.

Also, what I like about this our amazing topical talk community is that is the best way to interact with different schools eou d the world. It also unite people from different backgrounds together you ,after where you are coming from. We come together to discuss about a particular topic, wow, I think is the best way to make people learn on how to stay on a safer side, it makes people learn more about what they already known and what they are yet to know.
    I would like to learn more about the artificial intelligence because I am studying coding and robotics to enabling me regulate the use of Al in my job and also make me to explore more about them. Also, I would like to learn more about the eco-system for me to add the knowledge I have acquired in my studies. Thanks.

• Lagos is the largest city in Nigeria and one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It's a vibrant and diverse metropolis with a rich cultural tapestry. One of the most remarkable features of Lagos is its dynamic and energetic atmosphere. The city is a melting pot of cultures, languages, and traditions, creating a lively and engaging environment. The people of Lagos are known for their resilience, hospitality, and entrepreneurial spirit.

Lagos is also a major economic hub, housing the country's financial institutions, business headquarters, and various industries. The city's economic opportunities attract people from different parts of Nigeria and beyond, contributing to its cosmopolitan character.

On the flip side, Lagos faces challenges typical of rapidly growing urban centers, such as traffic congestion, inadequate infrastructure, and issues related to urban sprawl. Additionally, the economic disparities in the city can be stark, with pockets of affluence existing alongside areas of significant poverty.

• Hello,
    I am from Nigeria but I live in London,I have home in Nigeria and in England I have friends and family from all over the world.my community, my school and my friends are all kind and nice to me. My community finds good ways to help people, they have a food bank for people who are struggling financially. Near me there is a leisure centre, I go there sometimes, there is also a community centre in my borough and I have so much fun there.

• I am from Nigeria
    Nigeria is the best country ever in my most of the mineral resources you can mention can be found in my country example: zinc, gold, bronz, pearls, crude oil, coal, e.t.c. in my country we have national library were you could different types of books and the once you have never heard of. My country is very interesting. And it is also one of the richest countries in Africa, in my country you can find different rivers like the nun river, new calabar river, Anambra river, benue river, escravos rivers e.t.c.
    over 500 indigenous languages are spoken in Nigeria.
    More than 250 ethnic groups are found in Nigeria
    Lagos is Nigeria largest city
    Nigeria is the largest producer of oil and gas in Africa
    You can only find an Anambra wax bill bird in southern Nigeria.

• I come from Kaduna state in Nigeria. The name Kaduna comes from the word Kada which means crocodile in Hausa. This is so because of the river Kaduna which had lots of crocodiles.
    Kaduna was the capital of the Nigerian Northern Region before the creation states in 1975.
    Kaduna's nick name is the center of learning. That is because of the institutions of learning in the state like the famous Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, the Nigerian Defense Academy, the Aviation School, The Kaduna State Polytechnic and the Kaduna state university amongst others.
    Kaduna is home of the famous queen Amina of Zaria who ruled Zaria. She was born in 1533 and was a trained warrior who was said to have great strength and capabilities. She ruled for thirty-four years and died in 1610.
    Kaduna is also the home of the Nok culture the area where Africa's earliest civilization is recorded to have been excavated. They are famous for their unique sculptures and they are also farmers. Their sculptures are unique because of the holes made on their eyes.
    We also have a museum in Kaduna where you can see different arts and crafts
    We have some fun places to go to such as Gamji Gate, Murtala Square, Matsirga waterfalls, Kagoro hills and Kajuru castle.

• The country I am from is called Greece. Greece is one of the most fetching and fascinating countries of Europe with a plethora of islands and remarkable landmarks. Our polity is presidential parliamentary democracy which means that everyone can state their opinion freely and have opportunities in political matters. Moreover, it is pivotal to mention that Greece's history is of major importance and historical events that happened in Greece in ancient times are taught globally due to its value. Parthenon, Meteora, acropolis, Epidaurus and the palace of Knossos are historical remains that have survived over the centruries and until this day, they strengthen the history of our country. Furthermore, Greece attracts many tourists every year because of her picturesque islands, like Santorini, Mykonos and Milos and her hospitality and kindness.
    As a member of Greece's society, I believe that justice and equality are the most vital things that you need to go with in your life. Well, that's what I learned from my country. In Greece, people are entitled to state their view on matters concerning them and also criticise several situations freely in order to move the best way further. Nevertheless, althought people have rights in political matters, young individuals don't have many privileges in contrast of the elders. So, I think it would be essential for youth to gain a higher social status.
    Well, as a person that loves learning new things about different countries, their traditions and costumes, I would like to get to know more about Ethiopia. I would find it very appealing If I had the chance to become aware of people's daily life in such a different country from mine and I am also curious to see how a place so far from Greece looks like closely.

• Hello everyone,

I am from Tamil Nadu, India. In Tamil Nadu, each district is famous for something unique. Here are a few examples:

- Chennai: beaches and food stalls, such as Burmese food at Parry's Corner.
    - Kanchipuram: temples and silk sarees.
    - Chengalpet: lakes and archaeological sites.
    - Thiruvallur: Thirutani temple.
    - Vellore: fort, Ambur biryani, and Vellore golden temple.
    - Dharmapuri: Hogenakkal Falls.
    - Salem: mangoes and steel industries.
    - Erode: turmeric and Kodiveri check dam.
    - Tiruppur: textiles.
    - Coimbatore: mills.
    - Nilgiris: tea and Mudumalai Tiger Reserve.
    - Namakkal: lorry.
    - Dindigul: lock.
    - Karur: net knitting, and so on.

I would love to learn more about the UK.

• I am proud to be an Indian. The main reason is the culture and the respect.
    India is called a subcontinent for a reason, having more than 22 official languages and each state having a completely different culture, there is vast diversity in the country, not just diversity, unity in diversity. India has a vast history from one of the oldest civilizations in the World, to the iron age, from Marathas to Mughals, from the great Dynasty of Ashok to the local rulers like Cholas and Krishnadev Ray and finally the British period, the list goes on. I am proud to say that India is the largest democracy in the World(In terms of population) and has given so many scientific and mathematic wonders, the biggest being Aryabhatta with zero.
    Just talking about my country fills me with a positive feeling, a feeling of proud, a feeling of happiness. Honestly speaking if you would give me a choice to settle in any country in the world, I would pick India.
    Off course everyone knows about Indian food but a rather less known fact is the natural beauty of India. Many portray India as a really poor country, but the truth is that is is one of the few countries in the World to have all possible geographical feature, be it Northern mountains in Kashmir, the Thar desert in Rajasthan, the fertile plane regions, island groups, rivers, valleys and costal plains, in fact India has the longest coast line in the Indian Ocean, thus resulting in it being named thusly. From mineral resources to oil ports, from education to sports. Where aren't Indians. In other countries' cabinet, all major software companies, in sports, in space research, and the list goes one.
    There are a lot of things about India that cannot be covered in short but I would just like to say that I love my community and am really proud of my country.

• I am a proud citizen of Nigeria.
    Nigeria is situated in West Africa and has one of the most diverse set of cultural values,customs and traditions among countries all around the world.
    Nigeria is made up of about 250 ethnic groups with their own special set of beliefs and values. The major tribes in Nigeria are Igbo, Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba.
    As an Igbo girl myself, I will like to tell you more about our cultures and traditions:
    1. The new yam festival is very important and observed properly by Igbo people (Iri ji ohuru)
    2. The kolanut is a significant aspect of our culture.
    3. Asụsụ Igbo is the principal native language of the Igbo people.
    4. Igbo villages are decentralised and made up of many institutions eg age groups, council of elders, title holders etc.
    5. Igbo produce a wide variety of art including traditional figures, masks, artifacts and textiles, plus works in metals such as bronze,etc.

• Hello! I am from Georgia and we have a very beautiful scenery. I love the countryside with the nice grassy plains and the livestock that are allowed to roam free. I also love stone mountain especially when it is christmas.The lights always shine so bright even from afar.Something I've notices from other topical alkers is that they have really strong connections with their parents and are able to talk to them about everyday things going on were they live.

• I am from a small nation that is really beautiful and filled with natural resources which is know as Nepal. So, Nepal is like a big garden with different variety of flowers because people of different religions live together with joy and happiness like a family. It is rich in natural resources and these natural resources has made Nepal, one of the most beautiful country in the world. The people of Nepal are also kind-hearted.
    Thanks!

• Hey there! I'm proud to be Nigerian! Our country is known for its fertile soil that's rich in nutrients. This makes us stand out, and I'm really proud of that! The soil here is so good that it helps us grow lots of healthy crops, which is super important for our country's food and economy. Being a part of Nigeria and knowing about our amazing soil makes me feel really happy and lucky. It's cool to think about how our land helps us and others around the world. So yeah, I'm definitely proud to call Nigeria my home.

• Hey topical talkers.
    I'm from Nigeria.It is one of the richest country in the world and most populous black nation's on Earth.It is the most technological and creative part of the World.lt has about 500 languages and 250 ethnic groups.Nigeria has the largest river system in the world providing water for human use and plant watering.So I say Nigeria is the best country I’ve known and I'm proud to be a Nigerian.I'm a Nigerian and I'm proud to say it always.

• Hello topical talker's!!!
    I am from Ghana this are some of our unique features.......
    Exotic Waterfalls ...
    Rich In Gold And Diamonds ...
    Second Largest Cocoa Producer ...
    Ghana Is One Of Africa’s Most Peaceful Nations ...
    West Africa’s Largest Open-Air Market ...
    The Seat Of The Ashanti Empire ...
    Incredible Ethnic Diversity ...
    Ghana used to be called gold coast because of all the gold we had.

1. Thanks for sharing unique features in Ghana!

• Hello tropical users i am from nepal and I feel that nepal is the small version of this world here is everything mountains ,hill ,rivers different prople from different communities and many more natural resources as you can imagine . It lies in asia content . It is really beautiful country . It is land lock country . Here are different community people but they are living like blood brother it make me feel proud to be nepali.
    Thanks,

• Hi friends, I live in Nepal ,Nepal is one in million countries . Nepal is like small world itself. Nepal is famous for its natural beauty and mountains and its culture . In world there are 14 highest mountain and nepal have 8 of them . Nepal is small but very beautiful. Nepal's economic status is low but in water resources it is in 2nd position . Nepal also have world highest peak Mt Everest . Asia light Gautam buddha was also born here . To see Nepal beauty many people visit nepal every year and i feel most proud that there are different people from different community but living like blood brother .
    Thanks !

• In my state Plateau Nigeria there are 48 different languages spoken by the people, and there are 525 native languages in Nigeria. I am from Barkin Ladi I am Berom, I speak English, and Pigeon English/Broken English.
    THANK YOU.

• I am from Nigeria and I am proud to be called one .Nigeria is a fun and fantastic place to live in , Nigeria consists of 36 states , each of this state have their uniqueness ,in my country we have different discoveries such as the :Ancient Kano walls ,the walls of benin and etc .
    The real founding fathers of nigeria are Obafemi awolowo,Nnamdi azikiwe ,and Ahmadu bello we also have fun places to go and cool off such as the olumo rock ,nature and wildlife area,art and culture galleries ,obudu mountain e.t.c.there are many culture art galleries in Nigeria that is why culture plays a vital role in our day to day lifestyle.

• Hello,
    I am from Nepal🇳🇵. We are known as Nepalese and speak Nepali language. Nepal is known for its unique flag. I am proudly saying that the light of Asia known as Gautum Buddha was born in Nepal, world's highest peak and Mount everest is located in Nepal. It is one of the world's smallest countries but due to it's natural beauty, many people know about Nepal. There are many places in Nepal which doesn't feel real, that are like heaven. Nepal is full of cultural diversity but everyone treats eachother like their own family. It is also known as the second richest country in water resources. It is a landlocked country also. There are many people born in my country that have shocked the world like jhamak kumari ghimire. It is surrounded by two countries : India and China. Most of the things are imported in Nepal by India.
    Thank you! 😊

• I am from India. One thing I love about my community is the rich tapestry of cultures and backgrounds that come together, offering a wide array of perspectives and experiences. I enjoy the variety of food, festivals, and traditions celebrated here. However, like any community, we also face challenges such as inequality and gentrification.

It's fascinating to see participants from all over the world in the Topical Talk Festival. I've noticed contributions from places like India, Australia, Brazil, and the UK, to name a few. I'm particularly interested in learning more about communities in rural areas and how they navigate their unique challenges and opportunities

Thank you.

• Hi!
    I am from India.There are different religions,cast,region and culture in India and that's what famous about India. India has a rich cultural heritage. Different people from different religions and region live together,we share our ideas, culture, festival, foods etc. We get to know about different religion and what there speaciality is. We celebrate several festivals together. One can travel various places and experience different variations. India proves that there is unity in diversity!.

• Hello everyone , I am from Nepal it is one in thousands. It is tiny but full of nature and positive vibes . It is landlock country , Here are people from different community and culture but they are living like blood bonded brothers . One time brothers can fight but they never fight. Nepal is developing country which is getting develop in the speed of turtle but people here are friendly , sweet and i can't describe the people here in words . It is the heven which you can see alive. It have highest peak of world and world 8 highest mountain are also present here . I feel proud to bron in Gautam buddha country who was asia light.
    Thanks!

• Hey there! I wanted to share with you a little bit about Tamil Nadu, India - my hometown! One of the things that makes this place so special is the incredible temples scattered throughout the region.

For example, there's the Brihadeeswara temple in Thanjavur. This temple has an amazing history - it was built by Raja Raja Cholan over 1000 years ago! Even more impressive, the temple is 216 feet tall, made entirely of stone, and doesn't use any cement or other binding materials. The temple even survived many natural disasters and calamities, and the gopuram (monumental tower) hasn't tilted one bit!

One of the coolest things about the Brihadeeswara temple is the way that it's designed. For example, the height of the gopuram is 216 ft, which is equal to the total number of consonant vowels in Tamil. The distance between Sivan and Nandhi is 247 ft, equal to the total number of letters in Tamil. And there are many other fascinating inscriptions and carvings throughout the temple.

Of course, many other temples in Tamil Nadu are equally fascinating and have rich histories, such as the Anamalaiyar temple in Thiruvanamalai, Srirangam Perumal temple in Srirangam, Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple in Madurai, Kanchi Kamakshi Amman in Kanchipuram, Ekambaranadhar temple in Kanchipuram, and Gangaikonda Cholapuram temple in Ariyalur. Thank you

• Hello everyone,

I am from India, a country that is famous for many things such as its diverse food, Indian elections, temples and most notably, its dances. Each state in India has its own unique dance style, which I have listed below:

Andhra Pradesh - Kuchipudi
    Arunachal Pradesh - Ponung dance and Chalo
    West Bengal - Chhau and Baul dance
    Assam - Bihu
    Uttarakhand - Chholiya
    Bihar - Jhumar dance
    Uttar Pradesh - Kathak
    Chhattisgarh - Panthi
    Tripura - Hojagiri / Hodaigiri
    Goa - Dhalo
    Telangana - Perini Shivathandavam
    Gujarat - Garba
    Haryana - Guga dance
    Himachal Pradesh - Nati
    Tamil Nadu - Bharatanatyam
    Sikkim - Kanchendzonga dance and Singhi Chham
    Rajasthan - Ghumar or Ghoomar dance
    Jammu and Kashmir - Rouf dance
    Jharkhand - Jhumair
    Karnataka - Yakshagana
    Punjab - Bhangra dance
    Odisha - Odissi dance
    Kerala - Mohiniyattam and Kathakali
    Nagaland - Changsang dance
    Mizoram - Cheraw dance
    Meghalaya - Loho
    Madhya Pradesh - Matki dance
    Maharashtra - Lavani
    Manipur - Luivat Pheizak

• Hello! I am from Tamil Nadu, India. There are many special things to tell about Tamil Nadu, but I want to mention the beautiful folk dance that originated in Tamil Nadu, called Bharatanatyam. This traditional dance involves intricate hand gestures and movements that correspond to the song being performed. The attire worn during Bharatanatyam looks similar to a Hindu bridal dress.

1. Thanks for sharing!

• Hello everyone,

I am from Tamil Nadu and many things make this place special, including its ancient books. Over 3000 years ago, Tamil people wrote many books that showcased the ancient culture of Tamilnadu. Some of these books are:

- Sangam literature
    - Tholkappium
    - Thirukkural
    - Purananuru
    - Agananuru
    - Nattrinai
    - Kurunthogai
    - Igkurunuru
    - Pathitru Pathu
    - Pari Padal
    - Kalithogai
    - Pathu Pattu
    - Silapathikaram
    - Manimegalai
    - Kundalakaesi
    - Valaiyapathi
    - Sivaga Sinthamani

In our education system, we study some of these books, such as Thirukkural, Agananuru, Purananuru, and many more. This type of literature shows how old the Tamil language is. To prove this, there is a poem called "Kal Thondri Man Thondra Kalathae Mun Thondriyathu Tamil," which means that the Tamil language appeared before the stones and sands were formed.

There is also a song from Purananuru called "Yathum Uure Yavarum Kaeleer," which means that all the places from all over the world are ours and all the people from all over the world are our relations. Our Indian Prime Minister even mentioned this in the UNO.

Thank you.

• Hi there!
    I am from Bangladesh. Bangladesh, officially known as the People's Republic of Bangladesh, is a country located in South Asia. Here are some key points about Bangladesh:
    Capital: The capital city of Bangladesh is Dhaka, which is also its largest city. Dhaka is a bustling metropolis.
    Population: Bangladesh is the eighth-most populous country in the world, with a population exceeding 160 million people.
    Language: The official language of Bangladesh is Bengali, also known as Bangla.
    Independence: Bangladesh gained independence from Pakistan in 1971 after a nine-month-long war of independence.
    Geography: Bangladesh is characterized by its low-lying topography and extensive river systems.
    Culture: Bangladesh has a rich cultural heritage, influenced by various civilizations, including Islam,Hindu, Buddhist traditions.
    Overall, Bangladesh is a vibrant and diverse country with a rich history, cultural heritage, and economic potential. Despite facing various challenges, Bangladesh continues to make strides in development and is known for its resilience and determination.I am proud to be a Bangladeshi.
    Thank you.

• Hello, I'm from Ghana, which used to be called Gold Coast, because of how it is rich with gold. My country is also famous for its rich soil, that we can grow almost anything in, our oil as well is the talk of Africa, the mass amounts of oil you can get from my country is incredible. Our music is also very nice, such as Terminator by King Promise, Goodsin by Olivetheboy and others. We also listen to the music from Nigeria because in Africa, Nigeria seems to have some of the best music and artists. My country is very hot but we are used to it, we have nice beaches and beautiful hotels as well as great sights to see.

• Hello to everyone! It was a wonderful opportunity to read and learn about so many different communities.
    I am from Larissa, Greece,.
    Larissa is a city in Central Greece with really hot temperatures in sunmer. Fortunately there is a 30 minute drive to our near coast , close to Mountain Olympus, the famous mountain, the home of Greek Gods, according to mythology.
    Larissa is a city where it's community plays an important role to citizens.