Royal responses

Festival2-Topic4-DiscussionHeader-HarryMegan

In a discussion, serious_elderberry of Àlímòsó Senior Grammar School A in Nigeria commented that royals are often in the news, particularly in countries which have a royal family or are somehow involved with a royal family.

For example, the British royal family are often in the news in the UK – but also now in the US because Harry and Meghan (the Duke and Duchess of Sussex) live there.

Harry, Meghan (and other royals) have recently spoken out against the media and have called them intrusive. Harry described the media as "a powerful force" and accused some journalists of "bullying".

"The clicking of cameras and the flashing of cameras makes my blood boil," he said.

This inspired our next Topical Talk discussion.

Festival2-Topic4-Megaphone

Opinion A

“I think the media should publish everything they know about royals. The royals belong to a country so the public have a right to know everything about them.”

Festival2-Topic4-Padlock

Opinion B

“Royals are people too and they deserve some privacy. They should be able to decide what gets published in the media about them and what doesn’t.”

Festival2-Topic4-Celebrity

Opinion C

“Royals are more special than normal people and should have total control over what the media says about them.”

Comments (159)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Option A is intrusive to their privacy and the royals can become insecure or even suffocated if they are being watched all the time. Additionally, the word "belong" to the country is highly aggressive as if the Royals have no choice but to be encaged in the UK. This does not represent our country in a good way.
    Option B is not necessarily good for the well being of our country as the royals might make bad decisions affecting the public that we need to know. However, this person is stating that the Royals have the power to keep vital information away from us.
    Option C is entirely plutocracy. People are all equals and the Royal Family just represent our country hence they represent us as proud members of the UK.

I sincerely believe none of these options are necessarily a correct system to convey information. I personally would have a daily or weekly vote in the government to decide what goes on the news about the Royal Family and what does not.

1. I agree because everybody is equal and just because people have had ancestors with status, doesn't mean they should. I also think that because the Royal Family has grown up stupidly rich, they are oblivious to the actual problems in the world.

For example leading up to the coronation the king has spent loads of money on his coronation and he has used tax payers money with is preposterous because he has enough money to spend on the coronation, however they are using people money in a cost of living crisis. At this point and because of these reasons I think a lot of poorer people who can't get by easily support the Royal Family and I completely agree.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

1. The royals should not have control over the media. They are special because of their position and they are given authority. Having authority does not mean such should be misused. It shouldn't be used as a means of manipulation through social media. The people should be given more authority over the media because the royals are there for the people.
        The people should be given a chance to be heard on media "most especially the poor" and the underserved. This will make them to be heard.
        Royals are special, I agree, I love their glamour. However, the people are priority so both royals and people should have control of the media.
        Let the voice of the people speak for the nation.

2. I appreciate your thoughtful analysis of the options presented for conveying information about the Royal Family. You raise valid concerns about the potential negative consequences of each option and suggest a democratic approach to the issue.

Your idea of having a regular vote to decide what information should be made public about the Royals is an interesting one. It would give people a voice in the matter and help ensure that any information released is in the best interest of the public. However, it would be important to consider the logistics and feasibility of such a system, as well as any potential drawbacks or biases that could arise.

Ultimately, the issue of how much information to release about the Royal Family is a complex one that requires balancing various factors, including privacy concerns, national security, and public interest. It is important for any approach to be fair and transparent, while also taking into account the needs and rights of all parties involved.

3. Absolutely amazing, I agree
      All of your words are correct and thoughtful
      Everyone has privacy and secrets and they have a place in the world
      Their presence in our lives should be appreciated even if they are insignificant
      Perhaps special needs cannot be displayed and this may lead to a reason for royalty or the entire royal family
      I liked your words and
      I honestly believe that neither of these options is necessarily a correct system for transmitting information. I personally will vote to determine what is in the news about the royal family and what is not ..

4. I agree with the point you raised that none of the options given are necessarily a correct system to convey information. This is because if we are supposed to choose between all the options, some of the options will not be favorable to the royals, and others will not be favorable to the people.

Option A, even though the public has the right to know about the royals, they shouldn't know about the private life of the royals, because they are also human beings with their privacies. Moreover, if the media publishes everything they know about the royals, the information they have might not be accurate, therefore if they publish false news about them, the new company can be sued.

Option B, I slightly agree with option B, because it talks about the privacy of the royals, however, it should not mean that the royals should have the decision about what gets published in the media about them and what doesn't.

Option C, I deeply disagree with option C, this is because in this world there are no terms like 'special people' and 'normal people', therefore we should not identify the royals as 'special people' because they are just like us, the only difference is that they are from a royal family. Moreover, the royals should not have control over what the media says about them, because the media is just doing their job, however, the media should take into consideration the privacy of the royals.

5. Really good explanations! what sort of things do you think should go on the news about the Royal Family?

1. Hi Dilarah. I am writing to answer your question. The news should not always be what the public wants to hear hence there should be a mixture of good as well as bad news conveyed to us to provide wellbeing and a better future for our country. However, the daily news should not entirely focus on presenting constant information regarding the royal family as they will become suffocated as well and they are people too.

Good news:
        I have heard that King Charles will be wearing the same crown as his mother and be coronated at the exact same location. This is due to showing respect to Her Majesty who has sadly passed away and this lets us share our condolences whilst also commemorating her great achievements for my country. This informative piece of news makes me have hope that the monarchy deserves to still be a representative of the UK and commonwealth countries due to the queen's outstanding achievements: serving as an active duty member in the British Armed Forces; inventing the Royal Walkabout as a respectful way of greeting the public and donating to over six hundred charities! Good news assures members of public that the monarchy is worthy of staying in its line of power.

Bad news:
        We have all heard that the Duke of Edingburgh, Prince Philip, passed away and this severely affected his wife queen Elizabeth. He is remembered as a model of service and a loyal and loving husband. This makes us remember that if he was not part of the monarchy, he would not have accomplished what he has done today. This encourages us to still remain with the Royal Family as models of our country. Some people believe that we are living in a plutocratic society where the superior people are the descendants of monarchy lines and the commoners are members of public. However, Prince Philip has showed us that we are all equals and the Royal Family just wants the best for our country. For that, we should respect the Royal Family for what they have done.

2. I think that what should be published is all the news related to the kingdom and its future, for example, and all of it should be present. It should not publish only good news or sad news only, but both together so that the matter is fair, for example the news of Prince Harry leaving the royal family, and this was sad For a large number of people and health news to be reassured about the conditions of the kings and those who are closely linked to the kingdom and to explore the conditions of the kingdom and the possibility of the death of the king and the coronation of a new king and many other news, and I think that we should stay away from publishing personal news such as food, friends and social relations Because it is private information and most of us hate to publish it

• I totally disagree with opinion A because the royals deserve privacy and the media is always around them. The royals especially the Prince William and Prince Harry and the late Princess Diana were always in the news they have no privacy. This is what caused Prince Harry and Megan to leave the royal family in 2021. I agree with opinions B and C. This is because we need to consider their feelings and having everyone watching their every move and posting it even their little mistakes is not fair on them.

1. I'm not sure about this because opinion C says that the royals are more special than normal people which is kind of sensitive to me because the royals and the normal people are very much equal to me because without the normal people they will not be as special as they are now and about having total control of what the media says about them , they might use this advantage to hide some very important information meant to be known by the people , so yes they should be granted the privacy they want but with a certain limit in order for there to be peace so that people will get only the information that concerns them and the royals the privacy they want.

1. reliable_orchard you are on point, option C says that royal are special than the normal people, it is true that all people are very much equal, it is just that the royals have power to do what they want , that is why people think that they are so special. In my opinion, I think the media should not publish everything they know about the royals, even though the royals belong to a country, the media do not have the legal right to know everything about the royals. In my country, according to the federal constitutions, people have the legal right to privacy.

2. I agree with the student's comment that the royals' status as 'special' is largely due to the support and admiration of the public. It's important that the royals recognize this and act in ways that are respectful of the public's interests and concerns. This means being transparent about their activities and avoiding behaviors that could be seen as disrespectful or tone-deaf. After all, we all have the same basic human rights and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. While the royals may have certain privileges, these should not be used to justify their being treated as superior to others.The student's comment about the dangers of giving the royals complete control over the media is something that I strongly agree with. We've seen how a lack of transparency and accountability can lead to abuses of power, and the same could happen if the royals were given unchecked control over the narrative. It's important that there are safeguards in place to ensure that the public's right to know is respected and that critical information is not suppressed.If the royal family has complete control over the media, they could manipulate what stories are covered and how they are presented to the public. This could lead to a one-sided view of events, where only positive stories are reported and negative ones are suppressed. According to what I have read there was an instance that showcases the complete control of royals over media. That is when Princess Diana died in a car crash in 1997, many people blamed the media for hounding her and invading her privacy. There were reports that photographers who were chasing her car may have contributed to the accident. In response, some people called for the royal family to have more control over the media to protect their privacy and prevent similar tragedies from happening again. However, others argued that this would be a dangerous move, as it could give the royals too much power to shape public opinion and suppress important stories.

2. If they disagree with the things shown or said online they could ask to not be shown but they did not , they were told what was shown and not shown

3. I disagree because... although I think everyone should have the right to deserve their own privacy I think the the royal family have to much power to take advantage of the people they rule and then keeping it secret. I think the people deserve to know what’s happening if it’s something that has affected or is going to affect their lives. For example the royal family take alot of money off taxes payers and don’t tell them where the money is going. This can lead people to people making up rumours and guessing false information of where their money has went. I agree that we also need to take the royal family’s feelings into consideration aswel as you said not having privacy caused prince harry and Megan to leave the royal family. I believe that royal family’s business deserves to stay private unless it’s linked to the people they are ruling.

• In my opinion the royals have the absolute right to decide what is shown about them on the media because like other families they also have things they would like to keep private ; in some cases some news leaked about them on the media may be misinterpreted and the people may start to condemn them when sometimes those news are not real , for example: the death of Princess Diana which some people thought was a conspiracy conducted by the agents of the British State or something else despite all of these rumors being proven wrong and till this day many people still question the reason behind the death of Princess Diana and this is the disadvantage of media publishing things not necessarily meant to be published and even when mourning the death of the Princess the royal family had to be bombarded with all sorts of questions. So in conclusion the royals should be able to decide what is published on the media.

• I disagree with opinion "A" because I think they have their special life so, why do the media publish everything ! it's not their business and they don't have the right to publish anything .
    it's not important that they are from the royal family so people should know everything about them , in the end they are human like us , and everyone likes to be his life private ,so the best solution is the royal family control the media and don't let them to publish everything.

1. It is true that what you are saying is that they are people like us and they have their own lives, but not all of them. These are kings you should know some information about. It is not a good idea to ask someone about the royal family of their country and not know anything about them. I did not mean that everything about them should be published, that is, that their entire lives are exposed to advertisement, I mean that they have limited news that should be published, such as their names, ages, schools, university majors, goals and achievements, so that they may be an example to the people. Now you follow celebrities and you think you know everything about them, but they have a lot of things you didn't know about them

1. I'm with you, I didn't say we shouldn't know anything about their life, but I said there is something special they don't want anyone to know about it, and the media publish it.
        but about what you said Like their name, age, achievement .... these are general things, I think everyone knows about the royal family in his country but the most personal things which the media publish it it's not a good thing and the royal family have the right to control and punish them

2. I strongly agree with you
        The words are true, but there are some celebrities who show funny videos, pranks, challenges, and others, and when they go to an interview, the whole character appears, meaning we know who she is in detail, and I think this matter is actually wrong
        I hope that male and female broadcasters do not ask the guest for all the privacy about them, because it is an ugly act
        But some things apply to the royal family, that the paparazzi should not show everything to them, because it is not a very beautiful situation.
        I would like to change these things, they may be private ..

• I think opinion "B" is the best because they are people like us, maybe they don't like to publish everything about themselves ,because they have their own life , and maybe there is something special they don't want anyone to know about it, so why the media publish it! just because they are the royal family and everyone should know everything about them! so, I think the media should ask them if they want to publish something about themselves or not.

1. I totally agree with you , Royals are people too and they definitely deserve some privacy!
      Just because they may be in the public eye doesn't mean that they have to give up every aspect of their personal lives. Can you imagine having every move of your life scrutinized by the paparazzi? It's enough to make even the most level-headed person start speaking in tongues.
      I think it's important to remember that while we may feel like we know everything about these individuals, there are still certain things that are off limits. We need to respect their boundaries and realize that just like us, they have families, friends, and personal matters that they would rather keep private.
      It's important to remember that constantly invading their privacy can take a toll on them mentally and emotionally - so let's cut them some slack!

• I agree with opinion B the most, the reason why I agree with opinion b the most is because they should receive privacy just like normal people. They also shouldn't be followed and have people taking pictures of them all day everyday. I disagree with opinion C the most, I say this because I think that royals are also normal like the rest of us. I also don't think that they should control what social media say.

• Opinion 2:Royals are people and they deserve some privacy. Also media have rights to publish about royals or anybody. But before publishing they should double check the matter that should not ruin the royal families or any individuals life. Media should act responsibly. They should not publish any news just for their publicity or for their media revenue. Also royals being head of the country, should have limited power over media, which will help to rule the country peacefully.

1. I agree because... it seems to be trying to balance the rights of both the Royals and the media. You acknowledge that Royals are entitled to privacy like everyone else but also recognize the media's role in reporting news to the public. Your opinion reflects a responsible approach to journalism, where they emphasize the importance of verifying the facts and avoiding sensationalism. I think the Royals have a personal life that should be respected and that they should have some autonomy over their public image,but it is important to balance the Royals' right to privacy with the public's right to know about the actions of those in power. The things which are related to the country's politics and about the development of the people's well-being can be published but their personal intimate matters shouldn't be published because it may be sensitive to the Royals.

An example of this happening is when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding photos were published. The couple decided to have their wedding photos private but the media outlets published unauthorized photos of the event which prompted criticism over the invasion of privacy.

• I feel that option B is right everyone deserves some sense of privacy, no matter how popular or influential, Yes the royals are interesting and are leaders people deserve to know what goes on with the people who rule them, a little bit of what goes on behind royal doors. But not everything is meant to be known to the public such as non-political issues or cases or intimate information of what happens behind palace walls. I feel the media should seek consent before posting anything about the royals in order to post accurate and legit news that doesn't go against legal protocols or laws and also respect the privacy of the royals . this way the media can serve e both the royals and the citizens equally they can help the royals publicize new laws and keep the people informed with political, legal or even juicy news about the royal family keeping the news safe or as my mum who is a journalist would say keeping the news "true and trending".

1. I agree because no matter how popular a person might be there would be some parts of his life that he wouldn't want to be on the news or all over the internet. I understand that the royal family belongs to a country but not every detail about their lives should be made public, just the way in our lives we would want some privacy the royals are not any different they would also want some privacy

2. hiya, storytelling_dog
      I totally agree with your point of your view. You make a very good point because no matter how much one is loved or popular or people really want to know about their life outside royalty, I feel the people shouldn't know. yes, for the fact they are royalty doesn't mean that everyone should know about their private lives because it is not fair!
      It is not fair everyone knows that Megan and Harry left the royal family it is their private life, so it is meant to be within them.
      Their permission should be totally asked for. it should depend on whether they want it or not.
      every deserves a private life!!!!!!!!!!

• Royals are people too and they deserve some privacy. They should be able to decide what gets published in the media about them and what doesn’t.”
    I support this view, as you, us and the community need privacy, kings also need it, so a personal space should be left for them.
    ✨ I think the media doesn’t give privacy and personal space to the royal family.
    ✨From these situations A citizen put King Charles in an awkward position by throwing whites him during the King and his wife Camilla tour of northern England. And the media filmed, instead of filming, they muted the situation and deleted the video.

• After a long discussion with the teacher about the lives of kings, monarchy, and media, we came up with proposals and discussions. This discussion is a part of what was discussed.

As this is a discussion of different perspectives, the opinion that a person agrees with depends on their personal beliefs and convictions. However, based on the facts, members of the royal family are subject to a high level of media attention, but they are not deprived of the right to privacy.

It is clear that opinion (b) gives members of the royal family some privacy regarding what is published about them in the media, and this is a reasonable opinion. If the news relates to very personal or private matters, members of the royal family may need to protect some information and maintain privacy.

On the other hand, opinion (a) speaks about the public's right to know everything about members of the royal family, and this opinion can lead to excessive media pressure and violations of privacy. In contrast, opinion (c) seems a little excessive and unrealistic, suggesting that members of the royal family should have full control over what the media says about them.

Regarding the royal family and the media, this is a fluctuating issue. Although the royal family receives a lot of media attention, they also face a lot of criticism and violations of privacy, as recently happened with Harry and Meghan. The media must be responsible for their role in disseminating news and, for the opinion I disagree with the most, the third one, which calls for members of the royal family to have complete control over what the media says about them. Although privacy is an important right for anyone, members of the royal family are public figures and must bear some public responsibility. Therefore, the public should have the right to access information about them and evaluate it independently.

As for my opinion on the royal family and the media, I believe it is very difficult to live under the great attention that the media pays to members of the royal family. Public ownership means that these people are not ordinary and cannot perform their duties in secrecy.

An example of this is: In 2021, a report was published in the British press claiming that Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle had permanently severed ties with the royal family. This news was widely circulated in the media and on social media. This is an example of how the media can affect the image of the royal family and the family relationships within it.

• I agree with the opinionB. We can talk about some things with our friends or publish them, but there are some that should remain hidden and only the concerned person knows because it is private. If I want to talk, I talk, and if I don't want to talk, no one can force me to talk. And the ruling family should also have this privacy because they are people like us too. There is news that should be published and everyone should know it, and news that should not be published because it belongs to them, so they must decide what is published in the media and punish those who publish false or private information about them.

• I agree with the second opinion" b" :
    We must deal with the royal family as human beings like us and they have a private life like us. Therefore, we must take into account their private affairs. But the actions that pertain to the state must be known to everyone, because they are MODELS of others, so they must be a good pacemaker for us.
    We have a culture that calls us to love for others what we love for ourselves.

• I wholeheartedly agree with Opinion B. Just because the royals are a famous British national symbol does not mean that everything about their life is our business. They have the right to privacy too. They deserve to have a little seclusion in their lives now and then.
    Sometimes journalists documenting the lives of famous people tend to be a bit nosy or spread fake news, or news that "may be misinterpreted" according to reliable orchard. So they should have the right to censor what information should be spread about them and what shouldn't.
    I know I would feel terrible if any fake, misinterpreted or rather unsavory news about me was spread on the media, and I would not want to see that happening to someone else.

• According to my opinion, all opinions are correct, but each has its limits. Opinion (a) is correct for people to learn more about the royal family and know their aspirations, future goals, and achievements in life so that they can set an example for their people and that their people can be proud of among nations.
    The correct thing is (b) that they know what is published about them
    Opinion (c) is also necessary. .He should not publish everything about the members of the royal family, as there are many enemies for them who want to know everything about them in order to assassinate them, and this is dangerous.

My last opinion is that the news of the royal family be published and that it be specific news, which are their goals and achievements. Otherwise, it is not permissible because they must have the privacy they feel comfortable with

• I agree with opinion B because it shows how important personal life is to every family.
    I think the royal family should have some privacy like other families.
    Most of the royal families have special things and secrets that they do not want to show to the world and the media.
    Not because the royal family is known, so the people should know everything about it and all its privacy!!.
    Therefore, I want to send a message to the media:
    You must respect the royal family, give them some privacy, and not publish anything about them without their knowledge or desire to do so.

• Indeed, opinion B is a right for everyone, but we must not forget that any decision taken by any member of the royal family will affect many people, and I also think that the people should remain constantly informed of everything that the members of the royal family do because it is more about the people than it is about individuals The royal family, so I take, for example, the purchase of something expensive. This should not be because this is a waste of the state’s money, and it was supposed to go to feed the poor or needy, and for the royal family members should not control anything that appears or is hidden because there may be something important or Dangerous, but they do not show it, and they may show lies or deceptions to deceive the people. Finally, there must be absolute transparency between the people and the royal family to maintain the good relationship between them and ensure the loyalty of the people to the royal family. He can get out of it

• I am in my opinion Opinion A is bad and I do not agree with it Kings are like us.. It is not right for anyone to show everything about them Opinion B, for me, is the best because it gives the value of kings. In the end, they are human beings just like us, so let us give them their rights, and photographers should not photograph everything about them. And opinion C should not and should not depict them from the original, and also out of love for them to enjoy the right to privacy ❤

• In my judgment, the idea that Royals are people too and deserve privacy is a fundamental aspect of their rights as individuals. It is a principle that recognizes that all people, regardless of their status or position, are entitled to some degree of autonomy and control over their own lives. This principle is especially important for Royals, who are constantly in the public eye and subject to intense media scrutiny.

While the Royals have a public role to play, they are also entitled to a private life. They are not just symbols or representatives of their country, but also human beings with feelings, families, and personal lives. As such, they should have the right to decide what aspects of their lives are made public and what is kept private. This is especially important when it comes to their families, including their children, who should not be subjected to the same level of public scrutiny as their parents.

Moreover, the media often invades the privacy of the Royals in ways that are unethical and intrusive. Paparazzi and tabloid reporters often engage in aggressive tactics to capture photos or stories, even if it means violating the Royals' personal space or privacy. This can be incredibly distressing and even dangerous for the Royals and their families, who may be subject to harassment or threats as a result.

Finally, allowing the Royals some degree of privacy is not just a matter of respect for their rights as individuals, but also helps to maintain the dignity and stability of the monarchy as an institution. If the Royals are constantly subjected to negative or intrusive media coverage, it can undermine their ability to serve as symbols of national unity and cohesion. Allowing them some measure of privacy can help to ensure that they are able to carry out their duties with grace and professionalism.
    In conclusion, the idea that Royals deserve privacy is a fundamental aspect of their rights as individuals. It recognizes their autonomy and control over their own lives and helps to protect their dignity and well-being. It is important for the media to respect their privacy and allow them to decide what aspects of their lives are made public and what is kept private.

• I agree with opinion "B", because respect for privacy among members of the royal family is one of the simplest principles of human rights that every person should enjoy. As for opinion "A", I am against it. The people without reporting it or embarrassing them, and this is out of integrity, benevolence, and fear of God. As for opinion “c”, it does not achieve the principle of equality. Possessive bad ideas if they resulted in ideas that are not valid.

• Am I being selfish if I choose opinion (a)?
    In fact, after a long thought, I found that I went towards choosing the first opinion. I know that the royal family in the end are just human beings and they have the right to personal privacy, but at the same time they are different from others in the responsibility that falls on them and they must be as responsible as possible. The right of the people to be aware of the details of life. For example, after the death of Queen Elizabeth, the Emirati King Mohammed bin Zayed called King Charles and congratulated him on his new position and his responsibility to complete the ruling after the death of Queen Elizabeth. This event was sufficient to sow love between young Emiratis and young people in Britain, therefore Relations are getting better little by little

• I agree with opinion B. The royals are humans like us and the need to keep some information/things private. I feel the royals have every right to choose what is to be known about them and what is not to be known about them and the royals have every right to penalize people who invade their privacy or even give out fake\false information and rumors about them.

• I strongly agree with point B as royals are also humans and they own some privacy.Basically as most of vloggers,
    youtubers , instagramers only post the things which they are comfortable to post.
    It is common that people are mostly curious about what royals are wearing, what are they eating ,what are they driking ,what are they doing.
    Just imagine you go out to enjoy with your partner ,friend or wife and as you leaft photographers came and start doing click and click those flash came in our eyes.
    At last I want to say that privacy is a right of every human

1. I agree with you. Most times journalists, and like you said, vloggers and other social media influencers tend to select the news they spread about the royal family and other celebrities. They only give information about what they think people want to hear (The "juicy" information), and this may sometimes be misinterpreted, one-sided, false or an intrusion of privacy.

• I do not agree with Opinion A, because it is not fair that we interfere in people's privacy, even if it is the royal family, because there is news that is not right to be published, and if it remains among family members, it is good, and why is useless news published? If I am a member of the royal family, I will not allow any A person may interfere in my privacy or publish news about my personal life that no one has the right to know except me, and I will not exaggerate privacy, according to opinion C. There is news that must be published because it may affect the state and foreign relations With other countries, useful news that affects people's lives should be published, and news that affects their lives should not be published

• Well, about my opinion, I agree with the second decision, so it is the most fair and just decision. If the first opinion is what is applied, then the royal family will be disturbed by these matters, and perhaps some of the media will be punished, and many not good things will happen with the people of the royal family. If the second opinion is followed, it will be better Every person in this world has his own privacy, so we cannot intrude on the privacy of others. It is considered a violation of the rights of the person, even if he is a member of the royal family. We must respect their privacy as well, but they also have to take care of us that they tell the people the important news, so they do not leave the people in confusion. As for the last opinion, I do not agree with it. So if The royal family falsified the news and ordered them to say that and not to say that. Citizens will have an imbalance in their information about the royal family, and there may be a lack of trust between the royal family and the people, therefore, the most appropriate opinion from my personal opinion is the second opinion

• From my point of view: the best thing is the middle one, because the first option makes the life of kings common to all people and an incorrect mockery. Because it violates human rights with a private life. And the third option also, I think, is not good. Because he sets strict laws not to know anything about royal life. Such restricts for the life of the royal family itself, it will make their life hard. While any member of the royal family has the right to share his private life, for example, happy or sad occasions. We must not prevent the freedoms of others.
    The second option is better for everyone

• The comment C also attracts me to share my point of views.Some of people strongly belive in equality and I do so but some circumstances also prove royals are special.
    As they are special every thing related to them is also special.They also should have control over media .The channels which flew bad rumours about them and the channels which own to have true information about them.
    I suggest that royals should have a news channel which is totally under their control and which tells information that only royals allow to tell.
    On the other hand the point A also is a little right that the public who is dependent on royals want to know what they are doing where are they spending money are they happy,sad, naturaly jolly or quite serious.
    So what's your point about having an news channel and do you agree with the points for opinion C?
    Tell me in comment section.

• I disagree with Option A because not everything has to be known by the Royal family, it is not a right to know everything that is going on about them. And besides posting everything about the royals could lead to problems,because there was a man that was arrested and sentenced to 28 years imprisonment because he posted something bad about the Royal family. And am very sure that his source will be from the media.

I disagree with Option B because privacy is a right to everyone especially to people of high status , why would you want to know everything about them, the only kind of thing that should be known are things like King Charles III coronation. I also agree with the Option B because everyone has right to decide on what to publish about them.

I agree with Option C because it says they should have total control about what the media says about them. The part of Option C I disagree with is the part that says "the royals are special than normal people", that is so absurd, every single person, animal or thing is special. We could say that it is discrimination.
    Infact, I would love to say that the subjects are more special than the royals, Reminder: it looks as if everyone has forgotten that the royals are there to serve the subjects, so the subjects are more special than royals.

• I agree with option B because each individual has privacy and secrets, and they are also human beings with secrets and privacy, but in the event that this news must be published, we listen from the broadcaster about an opinion and from the owner of the news and justice between them, and I completely disagree with opinion A because it is possible to display common and wrong news so that they Fame and others, and I think that another option would be to have only one or two journalists to reduce rumors

• I agree with opinion (b) and that is because they must have some privacy and everything should not be published about them, because in the end they are just ordinary people who own what all people have, even if their status is higher than others

• Certainly I agree with opinion B most. Because as human beings ,we need to behave freely without any eyes watching us.
    One recent example that comes to mind is the interview of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021. In the interview, they spoke about their struggles with the British royal family and the intense media scrutiny that they faced. The interview sparked a debate about the role of the media in reporting on the lives of the royal family, and whether or not they should be entitled to more privacy.
    Another example is the publication of topless photos of Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, in a French magazine in 2012. The photos were taken while she was on vacation with Prince William, and the publication of the images without her consent caused a public outcry and raised questions about the right to privacy for members of the royal family.

• I disagree with the 1st opinion because those royals are humans too and journalists need to consider their privacy. For the 2nd law, I can't agree more because this is the right act since the royal family are absolutely like us and they need to practise their life normally as we do away from the flashes of the camera and the intrusiveness of press.
    Again, the media must respect the members of the royal family by asking them what to publish about them because sometimes bad rumors go viral without their knowledgee

• The best opinions are opinion (b) and the worst opinions are opinion (a). Every person has privacy, and even kings, queens, princes and princesses also have privacy. It is true that the British people love the news of their presidents, but not all news must be known. The press focused heavily on Lady Megan in the day The burial of Queen Elizabeth, just because the relationship between the traveling queen and Megan was always tense, and they began to promote Megan Markle's crying at the burial of the Queen, it was also compared to the Duchess of Wales Kate Middleton, and not only Megan and Kate are compared between them, William and Harry are also compared despite They are siblings and this is not permissible, and the comparison is made between the children of Harry and Megan and William and Kate .......

• I , quitely , disagree with opinion A ..
    While it's true that the royal family belongs to a country and that the public has a right to know about their activities, there are also valid concerns regarding the privacy and security of the royals. Publishing everything about them can lead to the violation of their personal lives and expose them to security risks.
    The publication of their daily activities or photos caused significant distress to the royal people and violated their privacy. There have been instances of Italian harassing the royals and putting their safety at risk.
    On the other hand, it is also important to note that the royals receive public funding, and therefore, the public has a right to know about how their taxes are being spent. The media should report on the activities and conduct of the royals that are relevant to their public duties and responsibilities.

• In terms of the (C) opinion statement, it is important to note that every individual should have a right to privacy and control over their personal information. However, the idea that royals are essentially more special than other individuals and should have complete control over the media is not in line with democratic principles of equality and freedom of expression.
    Furthermore, members of the royal family often hold a position of power and influence in society, and therefore should be subject to investigation and accountability like any other public figure. In fact, it can be argued that the media has an important role in holding those in power accountable and ensuring clearness in governments.
    As an example, the British royal family has faced public scrutiny and media attention surrounding various arguements, such as Prince Andrew's alleged ties to Jeffrey Epstein and the ongoing debate over the funding of their lifestyle by taxpayers. Without media scrutiny, it is possible that such issues may not have been brought to light, and the public would be less informed about the actions and decisions of those in power.

In conclusion, while individuals have a right to privacy, the idea that royals should have total control over the media is not in line with democratic principles and accountability. It is important to ensure a balance between individual rights and the public's right to information and transparency.

• opinion "b"
    It is the most suitable thing for every person, because the world has some privacy. People should not know everything about the royal family, as well as about the media, and as I said, the royal family should decide what will be published, such as (1 - one died).
    2- Marry someone.
    3- Have a party
    4- hold a meeting, etc.)
    The media cannot know private things such as (what they wear, what they eat, and what they drink!!)..... It is true that the press and the media are interested in the news of the royal families and follow them to any place, but everyone must understand that each individual has a privacy. ..
    But my question to you is (Can the family impose a law, which is: not to follow the press and the media anywhere without their permission, or even photograph anything?!!)

• In my opinion, kings are people and they have privacy, but what distinguishes them is that they are very important, so everything that pertains to them must be known, and also knowledge of the news. It is possible that the press does not publish information that causes harm, but when the press publishes that, we can know if the king is well-behaved or not well-behaved for the people as well The press is a powerful force that can reveal what is hidden behind the veil. The king may be good before the people, and behind the people he will mistreat them.

• I think I may agree with you with some of your suggestions, but from different sides, as I agree with the idea that the people should be fully aware of the news of the royal family, but through matters of interest to the people, such as political and economic matters, etc..
    But I object to a point in this proposal, where I do not agree that the media should publish private news about the royal family, because that is really exhausting and puts them in constant pressure and fear of the media.

But I do not agree that the royal family has the right to interfere in media affairs
    In the end, I say that media professionals have no right to interfere in the private affairs of the royal family, and the royal family has no right to interfere in the affairs of media professionals

• I think that the prince's words are correct, as the presence of those who make life difficult for you and make you feel restricted makes you feel like hell, if I believe that the media have no right to interfere much in the private matters of the royal family

• I strongly agree with option B and vehemently oppose option A. I feel that the royals should be given their privacy. They're humans too and just like every other individual, they need not be on TV like adverts, I don't think anyone of us would like that either. On 27th of April 2023, The Guardian newspaper updated their website with the news that King Charles III's direct ancestors owned a slave plantation. This news is really personal and doesn't need to be shared with the world, the fact that his ancestors were involved in this doesn't mean that he does it, no one would like to be criticized about what someone you've never seen did. One week ago BBC News posted a news on their website asking where Prince Harry and Meghan get their money from and also 12 hours ago Newsweek posted a news online with the following headliner "Prince Harry follows in Kate Middleton's footsteps with a new hobby". None of these news concerns the public, they are personal matters. Therefore, I believe option B should immediately put in effect.

• I think royals should have privacy because while they owe a lot to their country, they are still human. They do not deserve to be degraded to mere entertainment for us. But I do not think they should be in total control of everything published about them. Having the ability to manipulate what is written is something often used in very restrictive and authoritarian governments and I think giving the royals the ability to do something like that is very dangerous.

• I think opinion B is a reasonable one. Really they are princes and princesses so the lights are always upon them because they are special in everything. But they still have their own lives, desires and freedom. They need to be without censorship for some time. The deed of the Queen of Denemark Margaret 2 is admirable. She refused to give any royal neck names to her grandchildren to let them lead freely life as ordinary people.

• I agree with opinion A because the
    public should have info on their on their leaders in order to reduce gossiping among the people who may be interested in destroying the image of the royal family and to control division of people.

• I agree with opinion B, because the royal family are also people who need privacy. There are things that we as citizens do not want to be shown to the public, let alone the royal family. There is definitely information about them that they don't want journalists finding out, like where they've gone and where they're going. Therefore, I disagree with Opinion A, and it is very true that she belongs to the royal family. to a country, but journalists don't have the right to publish their privacy, just as you have privacy, they also have privacy

• Hello, I agree with Resolution B.
    I see that every person has his own privacy and his own life that no one has the right to interfere with.
    Everyone needs stability.
    As a royal family, it will receive attention from everyone, but this means that the press has the right to interfere and film without consent and a limited order all the time.
    I am against Resolution A and strongly, as an audience, never has the right to know everything.
    As I mentioned earlier, every person has a private life, and no one has the right to interfere in it.
    Put yourself in this situation how would you feel when your privacy is hacked and everything about you is shared and you have no privacy.
    Do you agree with me or not?

• On the one hand, I think that opinion A will be very disturbing to the kings, meaning that no one likes to publish everything about him, even his daily routine, because this will be a source of inconvenience, and not all people will be interested in knowing the daily routine of the royal family, as they are human beings like us, we must respect their privacy . On the other hand, I believe that people should be taught some information about the royal family in their country. So there must be a balance in this matter.

• I fully agree with opinion B, because it combines opinion A and opinion C, but in a moderate manner, that kings are human beings like us, and they must have privacy, and at the same time, the people should have some information about their kings, but not to the point of obsession. During the reign of Queen Elizabeth in 1969, a documentary film was released about the royal family, and the media everywhere published everything that the king and his family did. I think this is greatly exaggerated. So the people or especially the media should be moderate in this and they should also consider the feelings of the royal family. Right?

• After intense discussion in our class .
    I learned that the right to privacy is our right to preserve the domain that surrounds us, which includes all the things that are part of us.
    The right to privacy is a human right and an element of many legal traditions that everyone must understand and respect because our self-respect cannot be taken away.
    The most important thing I learned is that journalism contributes to communication and knowledge of the world, but there are standards and limits where news must be shared with consent and agreement, and a limited matter, and not all matters must be known.

• I do not agree with Resolution "C", as each person has his freedom, just as there is the owner, there is the abstract who carries nothing but his privacy, the privacy of the individual is the most important thing in his life, but we do not have to be the owners of great privacy and be in control, because each of us needs his own space of privacy and expressing his opinion and dealing smoothly with the affairs of his life

• I agree with opinion B because members of the royal family are human beings like us who enjoy privacy that the media should respect and not interfere with their privacy lt should be borne in mind that the royal family has a lot of work to do .

• For me, I agree with Rai B because kings are also people like us they may be bad but everyone has the right to privacy as the media exaggerates a lot in its questions also there are a lot of people on social media who make videos with fake news just to increase the number of her views that is she can claim false news about the royal family and this rumor begins to spread and this will put pressure on the royal family.

• I don't a gree with opinion A because the royal family has an intransigence privacy that the media has no right to publish and it is possible that the media spread rumors about the royal family

• From my point of view, opinion B is the best opinion, because the royal family are people like us, and each of us has a privacy, and so do they
    There are secrets for everyone in society that no one should know and they also hold secrets of their own and things that they should not say to the common people.
    For me, democratic rule of the state is better than hereditary monarchy, because in my opinion, monarchy creates conflicts and problems between brothers who spent their childhood playing with each other and strengthening their relationship. Suddenly, you find them fighting over who will rule.
    I liked what the Queen of Denmark did, that she stripped the title of prince and princess to her grandchildren to give them full freedom and for them to live like other individuals, without carrying burdens that might be too great for them.
    Although the title of prince or king is wonderful, behind it is fatigue and hardships

• I support option B, Royals are also human beings, they also have the right to privacy and decide what gets published. For instance, if someone's personal article where to be published to the media, how will you feel, how will it have have effect on you. People may even find one of your weak spot because of published private belonging, the same way goes to the royals, they are also human being. They also have the right to privacy. It's is one of the fundamental human right.

• I disagree with Option C ; the royal family are just ordinary people ,they will obviously have a higher ranking but that does not allow them to think they are more important or worthy just because they are powerful, if they act like this they will look stuck up and the country would not follow a leader that does not care about their people. Things that get posted on the media are there to show what the royals have been up to, they can not control what the public want to see. If they had total control off what gets posted about them, they could twist and change, what really happens to make them seem like good people when they possibly might not be, also ordinary people do not have control of what gets posted of them ,so why should the royal family? Just because they are powerful?

• Personally, I agree with opinion B. The royal family are people just as much as you or I and I don't see how just because of the family they were born into they should have little to no private life. It should also be completely up to them as to what gets published and released to the public.

Despite this, I can see why people might also agree with opinions A and C. This is because the royals are public figures in a country that almost everyone will know and recognise and we deserve to know what they are up to. This doesn't however mean that they are any more important than the normal person, such as you and I, as opinion C says. They don't deserve to be given special treatment just because of their lineage, but they do deserve to have their requests respected in regards as to what gets released for the general public to see and read.

Overall, I agree with opinion B but can also understand why people agree with opinions A & C. It should be up to the royal family to decide what goes online about them, ad they deserve to have their opinions respected.

• I disagree with option A because the royal family is like every other family, just a little different because they represent the uk but they should be treated like any other families and have the same privacy like everyone else does !

• I believe they shouldn't post absolutely everything about the royal family but only things they are comfortable sharing with most of the world they should have a decent bit of control over what is posted about them.
    Its important to respect the privacy of anyone especially the royal family who are the stars of our country.

1. Hi excellent_honeydew, what about the argument that those in positions of influence should experience higher levels of scrutiny?

1. Hi Fergal@ The Economists, this was an excellent question which made me think a lot, it is true that those in positions of influence should experience a higher level of scrutiny as they have a greater impact on society. The royal family, as representatives of the United Kingdom, are no exception to this. However, this scrutiny should not come at the cost of their privacy.

While the royal family does have a certain level of responsibility to the public, they also have a right to a private life. Like everyone else, they should have control over what information is shared about them. Invasive and overly intrusive coverage of their personal lives can have negative consequences, such as causing undue stress and anxiety. Additionally, a lack of privacy can make it difficult for them to build and maintain personal relationships.

It is important to strike a balance between scrutiny and privacy. The media should report on the actions and decisions of the royal family that have an impact on society but should not delve into their personal lives without their consent. The royal family, like any other public figure, should have the right to control the information that is shared about them, to the extent that it does not harm the public interest.

There is a common belief that public figures, including members of the royal family, should be held to higher standards and subjected to greater scrutiny than the average person. This is based on the idea that they have a duty to the public and that their actions and behavior can have a significant impact on society.

However, it is also important to consider the privacy and well-being of individuals, even if they are public figures. The royal family, like any other family, deserves to have control over what information is shared about them and to have their privacy respected.

It is possible to strike a balance between respecting the privacy of individuals and holding them accountable for their actions. The media can report on the actions and behavior of public figures without invading their privacy or sharing information that is not relevant to their public duties. It is important to approach coverage of public figures with sensitivity and respect, while still fulfilling the role of the media in providing information to the public.

• I'm not thinking too much about whether they are relevant, but rather if they should be relevant. In the sense that, they are real people with real, complex thoughts and feelings. If they are continually harassed by the media, what does that say about the public? Is that not the reason that Harry and Meghan left their status as royalty?

The royal family does a lot of charity work (I believe they work with over 600 different charites) which would otherwise be unfulfilled, and the money they have is contributed by our taxes. Now, I don't have an opinion about whether that is unfair to us as people of the United Kingdom, considering the fact that I don't pay taxes. I personally think that as long as a good portion of that money goes towards charity then it is fair. Charity work helps provide people all over the world with food, education and sometimes even jobs.

So, should we have a royal family? I'm not too sure, but I certainly don't have a problem with there being one. They represent our country, they do charity, they have lives and families (after all, they are people). But should Charles be king? In my opinion, absolutely not. After everything noted, he does not deserve to be the symbol of our country.

• I agree with option b and c, mostly, because they actually are people and I don`t think people understand that enough. They deserve to have privacy as the media doesn`t need to know EVERYTHING about them, they should be able to choose what is disclosed to the UK and other countries on social media. For example, Prince Harry had decided to step away from the royal family after marrying his current wife, Meghan Markle. The media did not approve of her for Harry because she is from the US and he is from the UK ;thats not their choice, it`s Harry`s. Earlier i saw a news article saying: "Prince Harry, Meghan Markle marriage hitting the rocks amid ‘Spare’ fallout?" There is also one saying, "Meghan pushed away Harry`s kiss at LA basketball game `like he was a child`. What happened between them during their marriage is their business not the medias. They should let them be. The royal family are very important- even to different parts of the world! What happens behind the gates of the palace is private, it`s not to share around like a secret in school.

• We believe that there should still be a role for the monarchy. We think this because we believe the royal is a type of tradition to many countries and citizens that should not stop. We think it could be disrespectful to the royals and it could affect many royal supporters.

1. Hi shining_environment,

You identify that there is a role for the monarchy and that it has many supporters. With that in mind, which option do you agree with? Do you think supporters should be able to know everything, or do you think the Royal family should be entitled to privacy in the same way civilian families are?

• In my opinion, option “B” is the best, because members of the royal family are also people like us, but their job is different from us. They represent the state and issue laws. Their task is not easy, but some believe that it is very easy, and that they only live in fame and wealth, and that they do not work all day, and family members must determine what It spreads from them because if something they don't want is spread by people, then it will be bad to deal with

• I totally disagree with opinion C because saying royals are more special than normal people is a great insult to normal people.
    I think that everyone should be treated equally no matter who it is. Also I agree totally with opinion B that royals need privacy and should have total control on what is written about them because some reporters may write about false claims and that can affect a royals life greatly.
    For example:
    Recently, Meghan, the duchess of Sussex, dismissed a U.K. media report claiming that she decided to skip king Charles lll's upcoming coronation over his response to a letter she sent to him about "unconscious bias" in Britain's royal family.

1. Hi cherised_melon, does this not work both ways? Isn't it also important for the media to be able to hold the Royals to account, as they would normal people?

• I agree in part with the opinion( B ) that every person has the right to enjoy privacy, but members of the royal family are considered a public figure and they are the ones who can control what they want to publish to the world or hide it from the press, but as you know there is what is called (yellow journalism) and it is a type of journalism that does not Privacy is respected and public figures are pursued to catch mistakes for them or violate their privacy. I do not agree with opinion C (the press is considered the fourth authority in the country). Prince (Harry) has published a book from his life, he and Princess (Mission), and he used the press to publish his book. We do not deny the right to privacy to anyone, especially the royal family, even if they are public figures. They are the ones who control the release of news about their lives, whether public or private. Get a scoop by catching some of the missteps of these public figures.

• I see that everyone of you agreed with opinion "B", but in my opinion, option "A" is the best and that the public should know everything about who governs them, in addition to that people are naturally curious and that they may start to fear them. Imagine that you have a mother who raises you and takes care of you, and you do not know anything about her. This is scary!!
    Likewise, the royal family, which not only governs you, but also governs all people, and their actions with each other in secret may develop and become more dangerous, and this will affect the government and the people, and that in the future there may be problems between them that will affect the entire government.

1. Hi beloved_rabbit, remember that not all Monarchies have governing power - does your opinion change if the Monarchy has no power?

1. I'm with the democratic system of government, meaning the king owns and does not rule.

• I'm against opinion A. My reason is so because it would be seen rude and intrusive due to the fact that they wouldn't have their privacy. Even the so called journalists wouldn't like it if their privacy was being invaded. Actually, no one would like it. I feel it's best the private remains private and public remains public.
    And the fact that the royals belong to to country shouldn't give individuals the audacity to invade their privacy.
    I'm also strongly in support of opinion B. At least, they should have a say in what is being published out to the public about them.
    Also at a point, I would partially disagree with opinion C due to the fact tat they call royals "special persons". It could be sensitive to some people including me due to the fact that it may make us look inferior and forever unequal/uneven to the royals.

1. Hi agreeable_language, what about the argument that those in positions of great influence should undergo greater scrutiny?

• Hello!
    I think I most agree with opinion B, I think everyone should be allowed their privacy because we all need privacy as humans. I think they should be allowed their privacy and if they are not it could lead to them feeling intruded and make them feel suffocated.
    I think opinion A is interesting reason being that in my opinion they media and journalists should post facts and not fake news about the royals ,also as stated in opinion A the royals should be given privacy thereby restricting what the media know and leading to the media knowing what they need to know not what they want to know.
    I think opinion C should not be allowed, because linking it to the major topic of this week about the limit of power royals should have from most of the opinions I saw in the hub most students think that the royals duties should be largely ceremonial and I also agree so as such I feel the royals should have no extent of control over the media because it allows them to do what they want with the media which since the metaverse is the next level of human development could be a major disaster.

• As for me, I do not like that the whole country knows my privacy, no one knows, and this is opinion A, so I will avoid it.
    For them, I would be sensitive to a computer or a vacuum, because there is no one to ask or reassure about me, so I will avoid opinion as well.
    But if only what I want was published without publishing any specifics, this would be better, because the people have the right to know everything about the governor of a province, and if you are a member of the royal family, the most important thing for the people is to know the major problems in the royal family, in order to produce a solution, and it happened Something upon which the people are ready to receive this, I agree with B's opinion.

• I agree with opinion B because... it is true that the public of the country have a right to know everything about them but in some cases something bad might mistakenly happen that if the public would know it may lead to the fall of the royal family because no one is prefect so everyone makes mistake and some people might see it in a different way and think that it was intentionally not knowing that it was a mistake.

• I agree with opinion C, because privacy is one of the most prominent concerns of the royal family in general, including the British family, and one of the principles on which their children are raised, which is confirmed by Prince Harry in his new book (Spear), where he said, as a member of the royal family, that you always know to maintain a buffer zone between you and the rest Humans, distance means righteousness, safety and survival, and it is an essential part of your royal nature, but he published his shocking memoirs, where he chose to abandon this distance and infringed on the privacy of his family, where he made it clear that he had a great disagreement with his brother Charles, as instability directly affected the relationship of the royal family with the press. Two sides are able to easily control the news and determine the relationship Where the royal family was placed here at the mercy of the media, the wise king reduced the risk of problems. Here, King Charles treated him as an ordinary figure and did not take into account that he was from a royal family ruling a country. The Queen of Britain was wise for her endurance during her long reign, non-political commitment and avoidance of controversy. Here, members of the royal family must deal with the press and the media in a measured manner, and their private lives must be closed

• I disagree with opinion C the most because... some might take an advantage of it and use it negatively and say things that are not true about them and some might not post something educative about them.

1. Hi grateful_conversation,

I agree that people can take advantage of the media and may not always be entirely truthful. However, Option C suggests that it is the Royals themselves who should have control over what the media say about them (nobody else). What do you think about that?

• I think opinion B is the best one because they are similar to us. Maybe they don't like to have everything published about them, Because they have their own lives , And maybe there could be something special they don't want someone to know so why is the media publishing that! Lost because they are the family that owns everything and everyone should know something about them! The media is always sabotaging famous people on the internet like instagram , Therefore, the media and journalists must obtain the consent of the person if they want to publish something about him or not. Because they are really annoying.

• In the beginning, the best things are in the middle. I am not one of those who should be famous or have their privacy with everyone, so I do not support opinion A, and also I do not want to be devoid of personality. No one knows who I am or how I will be, so I do not support opinion C. I like it to be I have my privacy that no one should know about, and that they have information about me like my age and things like that.

• The British monarchy traces its origins to the small kingdoms of Scotland in the early Middle Ages and Anglo-Saxon England, which were incorporated into the kingdoms of England and Scotland around the 10th century. The Normans conquered England in 1066, after which Wales gradually became under Anglo-Norman control. Wales is a country belonging to the Kingdom of England

• I agree with opinion B that says royals should be able to decide what gets published about them in the media & what doesn't, because there are people who don't always post correct news, they sometimes post fake news just to make the news more interesting, and sometimes this may harm the image of the royal.
    And I do not agree with opinion C because royals are also human beings and so they are meant to be treated equally like all human beings, if the media had some news about a normal citizen even if the person tried to tell them not to post it, they wouldn't care and they would just post it and this would create inequality among people.

• I see option (a) as an attack on their privacy, not because they are members of the royal family or from a ruling family. They don't have feelings. Every person has feelings and has his own opinion, while opinion (B) is not a right decision. Every country has a president or a king, and people can judge their people through news and media, and it can also be a reason for expelling many journalists from work. While the opinion (C) is equal between the two parties and is also fair between the British royal family and journalists.

• I agree with opinion B that royals need some privacy. Royals are like us have the right to save their personal information. Media must respect them and I agree with Harry in his speech. But I still a fan of them and I have such interest in their life but not their personal activities that they don't like to share with us. I totally dis agree with opinion C .. it descibes the royals more special than normal people even if they have a high rank but they are still have the same rights and responsibilities.
    What I remember now about privacy on media in my community is related to actors and how they shocked when they find their personal news on newspapers and their life is a likely to be discussed by the public! This is very annoying.

• I am against option A👎 because even though they belong to a country that does not mean they should spread everything they know about them ,
    meaning their privacy because they wouldn't be happy for someone to do the same to them the worst is that it is not only their country that will see the whole world 🌍 would see and I am also against option B and C they almost the same thing for option B I believe we should know things about them but not their privacy and they might be wrong for not allowing the country to know what they suppose to know. For option C I believe everyone should be treated equally because we are all human beings.

• I believe that the royal family is not a mannequin or animals in a cage until the media and their privacy interfere
    After all, they are human beings and deserve freedom and privacy, so I agree with opinion B.
    No one has the right to interfere with them except what is the matter of the kingdom
    Nor should they be blamed simply because they were born of the royal line
    This also does not preclude my opinion that there is no need for this system in the first place and its replacement by the democratic system

Thank you for your interest and getting to the point of my talk
    Have a nice day

• About the first opinion :
    When it comes to the media publishing everything they know about a certain royal ,
    I think there needs to be some moderation.
    Yes, transparency is important and the public deserves to be informed of any major news developments or scandals. However, spreading unverified rumors and personal attacks can do more harm than good.
    In my opinion, it's a delicate balance when it comes to whether or not the media should publish everything they know about an individual.
    While transparency and open access to information are necessary for a functioning democracy, the media has a responsibility to report accurately and ethically , It's all about finding a balance between keeping the public in the loop while also respecting privacy and ethical journalism practices.
    So let's all take a deep breath, put down our pitchforks for a second, and use our critical thinking skills before jumping on every juicy headline that crosses our screens.
    The media should be mindful of their role as responsible and ethical journalists, rather than simply looking for clicks or views.

• Option A - I sincerely disagree with option A because, just like how children can become depressed or encaged in an environment that they are not comfortable with, so can royals. Moreover, the public do not have a right to know every minute detail about what is occurring in one's life.

Option B - Option B seems fairly rational. The reason being that the media is a social platform that millions of citizens globally can view. Like how children are educated to only post certain bits of information or images when one is okay with it, this also applies with people from the royal family. If particular facts and statistics are being shared about one, this can make one feel insecure - like how said above.

Option C - Option C is completely unobliging , since the royal family are just a group of people who act as a focus for national identity, unity and pride; they give a sense of stability and continuity; officially recognise success and excellence; and support the ideal of voluntary service. The royal family can’t be classified as more special since they are normal people like you and I and aren't supernatural in any way or form.

"We are like a box of crayons. Each one of us unique. When we get together, the picture is complete" In this quote, it proves that everyone is special; however, no one is more special than the other because we are only complete when we all play our part in our community.

• I agree with opinion B because everyone is human and deserves their own privacy when it comes to certain things such as death or more personal matters. I disagree with opinion C because I believe no one is more special than anyone else and when people are big in the media people are going to have different opinions about them no matter what. Royals and the media is a relationship that should have boundaries but should not be completely controlled by the royals because sometimes that truth is important to people.

• Royals are still people too and so they have the right to have private lives. They might be one of the most important people in a country but that doesn't mean everything about them must be public. According to article 8 of the European convention on human rights everyone should have the right to the respect of their private and family life. This means that no matter who you are, you still have the right to keep your business to yourself. Royals have the right to choose what the public publishes about them. It wouldn't be fair if everything they do is posted on every social media platform and every newspaper. Sometimes this could lead to muly scandals that aren't even true and could ruin the reputation of the royal family.

• Option A is undoubtedly convincing, as every citizen has the right to be informed about those who serve and work for their country. The media should, without any doubt, have the freedom to publish any relevant information, as it is the only way for people to trust their representatives. Also, it can be confidently stated that Option A may be discriminatory toward the royals, as it falls short of providing sufficient support and encroaches upon their right to privacy.
    I believe that Option C may be viewed as unfair to the general public, as it grants the royal family control over information that they may have a right to know. It is crucial to acknowledge that every individual should be given fair treatment. As emphasized in Option B, it is imperative for the media to avoid divulging any personal matters about the members of the Royal Family, as doing so would constitute an infringement of their privacy.

• I agree with both opinion A and B because royals belong to a country and the people in the country have every right to know about them . And secondly opinion B the royals too need privacy is not everything that the public has to know about their lives and the way they live and or if they have gotten some family issues that doesn't concern the public the public don't have anything to do with it. And I disagree with opinion C because royals are not more special than normal people because they are humans too it is just that they are more respected in the community or society than a normal person and normal people too need privacy is not everything about their lives that the public needs to know about . So I think normal people and royals are all equall to me.

1. I disagree because... Option A is not reasonable. Yes, they are royals but they are still humans. I think option C would be the best. They should be able to choose what the public publishes about them. They have the right to keep their personal information to themselves. They have the right to keep their privacy because it is a right of every human being, no matter how important they are.

• The most reasonable option would be option B. Even if the royals are extremely well-known the to the public, they are still normal humans. The royals have the right to protect or keep away private and personal information from the public. Option A is an intrusion of privacy. Royals do not "belong" to the public, and they should be able to maintain a private personal life. Revealing every aspect of the life to the general public can cause them a lot of pressure and insecurity. Option C is also unrealistic and unnecessary. The opinions of the media on the royals should be original and not something controlled by the royals to give them an untainted appearance.

• I think opinion A is totally wrong and unreasonable. They should be able to live personal lives too. When you live with the fact that every little thing you do is being monitored by journalists, you won't be able to live your life peacefully and comfortably. Just because they are royals doesn't mean that they have to be published everywhere. They have the right to private lives too.

• I agree with opinion B because even the royals need some privacy . They should know what should be published about them in the media . And even if they have some family issues it is supposed to be kept private and it shouldn't be published in the media. Even normal people need privacy they are some certain things that should be kept private.

• Opinion B, which suggests that royals deserve privacy and the ability to control what gets published about them, seems to be a reasonable stance. While it is true that royals are public figures, they are still human beings who deserve respect and privacy. Just like any other person, they have the right to decide what information they want to share with the public.

Opinion A, on the other hand, argues that the media should publish everything they know about royals. While transparency is important in some cases, it is not always appropriate or necessary to reveal everything about someone's private life, especially when it could cause harm or distress to that person or their family. The media has a responsibility to be ethical and considerate in their reporting.

Opinion C, which suggests that royals should have total control over what the media says about them, seems to be extreme. While royals may have some control over their image and public relations, it is not appropriate for them to have complete control over the media's coverage of them. The media has a responsibility to report the news objectively and provide accurate information to the public. When I was watching a documentary about north Korea students were made to believe that Kim Jong Un controls the nature, and this information runs on the news daily in north Korea.

Regarding my opinion on royals and the media, I believe that it is important for the media to be respectful and ethical in their reporting. While the public may have an interest in the lives of royals, it is important to consider the impact that media coverage can have on their mental health and well-being. As an example, the recent controversy surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's departure from the British royal family has been heavily covered in the media. While it is important to report on significant events, it is also important to respect their privacy and allow them to make their own decisions about their lives.

In conclusion, the issue of royals and the media is complex, and there is no easy answer. While transparency and accountability are important, so is the privacy and well-being of individuals, including royals. The media has a responsibility to report the news accurately and ethically, while also considering the impact of their reporting on individuals and their families. We should remember that the media is a very powerful tool it can change a person's belief of someone or something. It can influence a society to believe something so the reporters should be careful on what they are reporting.

• I agree with opinion B because royals are people and they deserve some privacy and they should be able to decide on what should be published about them instead of writing false news about them because if it was you being wrote about you would fell depressed , stressed out, insecure and you would fell hopeless on this earth which is not healthy for the body and can make one commit suicide so the best solution that can keep peace in the country is to just leave the royal families with some privacy.
    Thank you.

• I diagree with opinion C because royals are no different from other people because they breath the same air we breath , they were created by the same God as us. And royals don't have to take total control over the media because they are not the only people that have to be shown on TV and their are people who need help and the only way of getting it is by using the media.
    Thank you

1. At the same time, the press should not follow and investigate everything about the royal family, this is not fair!! You would like someone to follow you wherever you go and where you eat. The press should set limits on what they want to photograph and publish so that the family does not have to confront them badly...
      Thanks

• 1.I think that the opinion A is not right because just because a child is born to a royal family we can't except a child to behave like royal, a child is a child.
    I even saw a movie which made me think about the life style of the royals in which they showed like they have many rules to be followed, teaching a child how to behave is a big process and it takes time and that time must be provided by the media to the children and the royals also deserve their own time even in the olden days the people will not know whatever the king is doing but now why should everything about the royals published?

• In option A it shows that the royal family don't really deserve to have much privacy and that The royals belong to the country so the public have a right to know everything about them which is wrong. In option B it shows that the royal family deserve to have privacy and i think They should be able to decide what gets published in the media about them and what doesn’t which is true. And i believe that everyone deserves to know what gets published in the media about them and what doesn’t. In option C it shows that the Royals are more special than normal people and should have total control over what the media says about them which is also true, but it doesn't mean that they are more special than normal people because everyone else is equal and everyone should have control over what the media says about them.

• I agree to opinion B because royals are also human beings and need their own space.
    The right to privacy is also recognized as an enabling right as it facilitates the enjoyment of other human rights such as freedom of expression, freedom of thought, conscience and religion, freedom of assembly and freedom of association, and the right to be free from discrimination.

In this way, it serves as a foundation of a democratic society.
    And the only thing that can differentiate between a royal and a commoner is their titles. And so as much as commoners have right to their own privacy royals too should.

And this is very important because protecting privacy is the key to ensuring human dignity and self-determination. And it allows individuals to freely develop their own personality.
    And so ,if the royals aren't able to develop their own personality,we would not know who we are dealing with

• I agree with opinion A. Because the people must know some news about the royal family in their country, and I am not saying that there is no privacy in the life of the royal family, of course not. They should also have privacy, but some news about them should be published, such as marriage news, news that satisfies them, and so on. The royal family should not be mysterious or lack of privacy. Every person has his own privacy. But I think that when the people see the news of the royal family in their country, I think they feel joy and comfort, because if they know that the royal family is fine, their country will be fine. Privacy should be for every person .

• I prefer opinion (b) because the royals are people like us, and of course they don't like to reveal all their secrets to the world because they are the royal family, but they have the right to decide what should and should not be published on the Internet, and they deserve privacy, and I also disagree On option (a) and option (c) because there should be a middle ground so that their entire lives are not exposed to the media and they should have privacy and also they should not have complete control over the media.

• I choses opinion B this is because how would you feel if people kept taking pictures of you and kept asking you questions about what you did and why you did it and started putting photos of you up on the media how would you feel if people with cameras were all around you at all time taking pictures of you no matter what your doing the royals should be treated the way you want to be treated you may think someone taking pictures of you all the time would be fun you may think “ oh i always look good so at least i’ll have good pictures” but no it'll be random not good looking pictures and videos people will be swarming the outside of everywhere u go you could be in house and all you would hear would be yelling screaming and photos being taken you would get no privacy at all this is what the royals may go thought sometime you just have to imagine being in their shoes and imagen how they feel and you'll understand.

• Opinion B -
    Royals deserve privacy because they are also human. Though royals are the head of the nation, sometimes with immense or little actual power, they should be able to choose moments when they want to be recorded or recognized. Taking pictures or taking recordings from royals randomly may have an effect on how the media views the royals, as it causes great discomfort to be posted on social media from every angle. The royals may be portrayed as evil or ignorant in some private moments and their reputation would decline. Some royals may prefer to live an isolated or peaceful life, away from social media. This could cause those royals great stress and uneasiness.

• I agree with Opinion B because like they said they are human too. How would you feel if people knew your whole life? Even the most embarrassing parts. I think they should have a say on what gets posted and doesn't. Because after all they deserve privacy too.

• The royal people should have privacy and peace. Royalty people should be able to get published when ever they want on social media. On Saturday May 6th 2023, King Charles III will be crowned at Westminster Abbey in London

• Royals deserve privacy. How would you feel if everywhere you went there were cameras in your face? Yeah, you would be very annoyed. The internet doesn't deserve to know everything that goes on in the royal's life. They don’t have the right to know EVERYTHING about them , because that’s just out of respect.

• I agree with Opinion B. I agree with Opinion B because, what is the point of being called a Royal when your information is not private and you can not decide what gets published in the media about what should and what shouldn’t. When a Royal is called a Royal to just be acknowledged in festivals or parties is a terrible way to rep your country and the people in your country. To mention, it also ruin some of the respect for the Royal.

• I agree with Opinion B because just because they are very well known they are still human. I know how much I love my privacy so its only fair that i let others have theirs. Royals also have a family like we do and there could be things going on in the family that they might not want everyone to know about. With that being said, I agree that royals deserve privacy.

• I agree with B because royals are people to and I think that all people deserve privacy and if they don’t like what people post about them then they can ask them to delete their post.

• I agree with Opinion B because like it says the royals are people too and they should have their privacy. The royals shouldn’t have to live with people taking pictures of them without their consent. They deserve respect and should be treated with respect. Nobody should be invading their privacy and taking pictures and posting them on social media. So that's why I agree with opinion B.

• Option B.
    Royals should be able to have privacy and should get to choose what gets posted about them on the media.Put yourself in their shoes imagine you're a royal and you want some privacy but you cant get any.Royals are the same as normal people.If somebody posted something on social media about you that you didn't want anyone to know or to see you wouldn't like it either.I do also agree with C because what people post on the media about the royals it usually impacts the royals as well.Having the royals choose what is said about them on the media could also help not to ruin their reputation.

• Opinion B
    “Royals are people too and they deserve some privacy. They should be able to decide what gets published in the media about them and what doesn’t.”

Option B, I slightly agree with option B, because it talks about the privacy of the royals, however, it should not mean that the royals should have the decision about what gets published in the media about them and what doesn't.Option B is not necessarily good for the well being of our country as the royals might make bad decisions affecting the public that we need to know. However, this person is stating that the Royals have the power to keep vital information away from us that they want to keep private some memories that should be kept private.

1. Can you give an example of what the public should know about and what they shouldn't know about?

1. I'm with the media to have a role and message in increasing awareness and knowledge in society and not the downward media, which means media without a goal.

• In My opinion about the royals and media is that they should have privacy like us humans every human being deserved to have privacy. Not everything should be published about them know your limits .

• I agree with option B.I agree with B because Royals might not want everything they do on social media. The want their privacy just like we get out privacy. Just because their are royal people doesn't mean that they want people knowing their every move.

• I agree with opinion b because everyone shouldn’t know that person businesses. What if businesses that the media told people make the royalty get stocked by crazy people. Or what if the media goes overboard and tells lies about that royalty. what if that royalty wouldn’t be able to go anywhere without the media bashing them left and right talking bout it’s this true did you really do that. Everybody needs their own privacy royalty, celebrities, everybody.

• I mostly agree with " Opinion B" because they actually are people too and everyone does need privacy to their selves
    and if there was always cameras in their face 24/7 I would understand them getting tired or at least annoyed. And the opinion I mostly disagree with is "Opinion C" because no matter how much money you have we're all human beings and have they same feelings they do. I feel like the media tries to always get something out of nothing, which means they try to find something out to make a good headline.

• What’s your opinion on royals and the media? My opinion on royals and the media is that Royals are people too and they deserve some privacy. They should be able to decide what gets published in the media about them and what doesn’t.” I agree with option A. The reason why i think that royals should have privacy is because just like we have privacy they deserve some privacy. U wouldn't want the public to know your darkest secret or business. I think the royals and any famous/influencer should have a public life and a private life.

1. How do you drwa the line between public and private? Can you give some examples?

• In My opinion about the royals and media is that they should have privacy like us humans every human being deserved to have privacy. Not everything should be published about them know your limits . I agree with option C and B

• I agreed with opinion c, I think they should have control of what the media says about them. The royal family's should have more privacy considering they're the king and queen. the royals deal with paparazzi recording the royal family every day and uploading it the royals must me tired from all that and dealing with political matter.

• I would agree with "Opinion B" the most mainly because most people deserve privacy as well as royals deserving some privacy but ,I would disagree with "Opinion A" the most because it doesn't make use of privacy,and they could get crowded like when they last visited and there would switch rules if there was a large influx of people on social media talking about the royals.To be honest,most royals should become normal people to have some privacy and that people wouldn't say information that is disclosed to the royals.

• I think that A is right because we should know what the king is doing because they could be hiding somethine and i feel like we should know.

• I agree with the opinion A most. Even the royals are more special than other people but they still have their private information. They have individual rights to decide whether to publish or post on social media. The royals can keep information that needs to be kept confidential and that is one of the ways to protect their reputation and view of others.
    Regarding opinion A, that is the opinion I disagree with the most. It is unnecessary to publish everything about them on social media. Of course they can post anything they want but those things need to have a limit. For example, if they accidentally hurt someone in that public post, all the sympathy of the people around them will be lost.
    Royals need to be mindful and choose the right information and not necessarily everything about them to publish. They need to pay attention and correct the information if necessary and make sure people don't cause a ruckus just because of a royal post.

• What's your opinion on royals and the media? In my opinion, B is the best opinion I feel this way because everyone needs privacy. They also should have a say about what goes on the internet. Just because they are famous and royal doesn't mean you have to be in they face.

• Option A's going to invade the royal family's privacy, and the public will be watching them every time. And it's only causing the royal family to be trapped in the country. That is not a good opinion, 'cause the royals are going to be followed every time they're seen.
    Option B's decision to choose what information can be distributed might not have been a bad choice, for it will give us some knowledge of the royal family but very little to the general public.
    Option C controls what the media can say which is unfavorable to the public because they don't know about the royals.

• I think the second option is more correct because the royal family has privacy that we have to respect
    And I think there are privacy that should not be published
    Also, there are things that must be published with the approval of the royal family, for example, some habits that we must learn about
    In Jordan, the marriage of King Abdullah's daughter took place
    Iman was very interesting when watching it, it was simple and elegant, without boasting
    Here we got acquainted with the viewers through the means of the Internet, so we knew the respect and appreciation of the royal family for those who watch and appreciate the conditions of their people

• In my opinion, the opinion A is very intrusive, we have to remember that the royalties of every country are people and we have to respect their privacy, with out forgetting that are a public figure and represent a country.
    The opinion C is not very accurate, they are a very important figure but there are another important figures that don't have control over the media says about them
    So in conclusion, I think the opinion B is correct, they are famous people, but they need privacy like other persons, and we have to remember that.

• Opinion B is the opinion that I agree with the most. This opinion is fair for royals, as well as the media. Opinion C is the opinion I disagree with the most. This opinion is very unfair for the media, since it shows that royals have absolute power. This could cause people to become frustrated and angered with the royals. I think that the media should give royals some privacy because royals are just humans. There should be too much intrusion on the life of the royals. Even though I think this way, I also think that the media should have a little information on royals to entertain the public.

• Opinion A is intrusive to their lives and can make royals involuntarily become objects of humility and bullying. Being watched all the time by people can make them feel paranoid about what they do and where. Opinion B is the obvious choice most people should pick. Without privacy people like former prince Harry can resign the royal title because of these things. It would be best for royals to have some sort of privacy, they are humans like us. How would you feel if a country knew all about you and your whereabouts?

• I think opinion B is best because people like us have their own lives and they don't like everyone knowing it. They deserve some privacy, so they should be asked about their opinion in the media, and at the same time it is not their responsibility to control what the media says, and the media has no right to publish everything it knows and punish those who spread lies about them

• Royals are very special, I mean, out of many, they were lucky enough to become royal, it is really something but, every other human is special, peculiar and unique in their own way. Yes, their specialty is being royal but another persons specialty may be football another could be art and many more but those people do not have the right over what is published about them they are also special just like them they are humans just like them yet, they do not rule what the internet says about them so why should royals do. We need to set aside our differences and come to see how special we all are we should see each human as a peculiar person and so we should not place ourselves above others to the extent of giving ourselves privileges that favors us over others we should try by our possible best to promote equality amongst ourselves and abolish any rule or law that does not do that so therefore Option C should not be brought into the picture because it does not promote equality. What I am saying is, if royals can control what is published about them others should do to else, no one should.

• I both agree and disagree with option B. The reason why I with agree with option B is because due to the fact that royals are humans, privacy is an essential human right that enables people to determine their boundaries hence the need for it. If I were to live the life of royals, I would find it particularly disturbing because of the constant amount of news reporters and the paparazzi following me. This is why I slightly agree with this option. The reason for which I disagree is that the media helps keep the royals in check and in order. Not everyone will want to be caught on camera acting bad, don't you think? That is why I both agree and disagree with option B.

1. So do you think the royals should have a higher standard of behaviour than other people, quirky_hyena?

1. Yes and no . The reason why I say yes is because is because I believe being a royal comes with it's responsibilities. The Royal Family often carry out official duties in their country and overseas where the Monarch cannot be present in person, such as State funerals or national festivities, or undertake visits to strengthen Britain's diplomatic and economic relations. Due to this they ought to live a higher standard of behavior. My reason for saying no is that I believe that every human has a choice. That being said I have see cases of royals living a normal life like Peter Phillips, Queen Elizabeth's oldest grandson. This shows that not all royals should have a higher standard of behavior. I would like to hear what you think.

• Well, I agree with opinion "b", because the members of the royal family are really people and they have privacy that they do not want anyone to know and that no one should know. The houses are secrets, and therefore only what they want to publish should be published in the newspapers; Because when everything that happens in the lives of kings is published, this negatively affects them and their livelihood and poses a threat to their lives if they are monitored all the time. I do not agree with opinion "a", because as we also mentioned, kings have the right to live freely without being monitored and knowing all their news, and my opinion The media likes not to have a negative impact on the lives of kings and not publish anything but what they want to publish, and only publish what pertains to the laws of the state and they have no interference in the privacy of kings. I completely differ from opinion “A”..... Thank you for reading and I hope that My comment gets your like👍⭐

1. Do you think there are any exceptions of information that the public should have the right to know?

1. I only think that they should know only what is related to the state and its laws and simple things about the life of kings such as their successes and the meetings that the king holds regarding the state because kings also have a private life and that the king was found only to rule the state with justice, not as stated in Resolution "A-C" and as some people say ❤👌

• I agree with opinion B.
    This is because any person needs some privacy. A person should not display his private life. I imagine if I was already a famous person, I would not allow me to display my personal life. So I really agree with the royal family to control what is shown about it in the media pages. The ruling family has freedom of choice.

• i think that even though people like jernoulists want to publish evrything they/we need to know or evrything we alllready know and i think that's not right because they are people too and need their privacy and dosn't need evrything about their lives being published to the newspaper,the news station other forms of info and we dont need to know evrything that goes on in a royals life and we only need to know the important things like deaths not like harry and megan spliting up also on topic of important things the kings corination so thats all the info i have bye for now

• I think that option b is the best because they are people like us so they need privacy like most of the people in the world imagine that they did something wrong and all the world would know it if i was a royal i would need some privacy

• The opinion I agree whith the most is opinion B because theyshould be asked befor anyone posts anything.

• i agree with opinion because your allowed to put some stuff on social media but they do deserve some privacy and control what hat privacy should be. Like ip adress, where they are and stuff like that and also it is a matter of safety

• they should take a rest from the publicand take time to think about the future

• i think B as the royle family do need privacy like over people and that its not over peoples buisness to know everything about them

• I think I agree with opinion B because if everyone knew where they are the royals could be kidnapped or killed.

I think option C I disagree with because everyone deserves a right for themselves and the royals are also human beings so we are all equal but the monarchs do have more control.

• I definitely go for option B, we need to put ourselves in their shoes.
    Here is what I think goes on in their mind.
    Meghan: Greetings, my fellow subjects! I know you're all dying to get a glimpse of the affluent life I lead, but let me tell you, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sure, I've got a palace fit for a princess(which I am, by the way), but it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I honestly rather stay in my opulent palace than being blinded by camera flashes and deafened by people’s voices raised to a 1000 decibels volume thank you very much. And plus, do you know what I get from all that trauma? A ridiculous meme about how I ate with my hands that one time.

That one relative: *british accent* Simply indecent for a young lady like you.

Meghan: God no! I understand that people want a slice of my life but there is only so much soggy pizza that can go around. The worst part? You now have no control of who this slice of soggy pizza goes to and what they do to it - they might possibly even save that pizza for an unsuspecting visitor, yikes! Media coverage is good but people there is a wide deep abyss between wanting to know more about someone and outright using a camera to visually-disable their soul. Just saying…

• 1. I agree with opinion B, because
    Royalty, like any other individual, deserves privacy because they are entitled to their fundamental right to privacy. While their position and status may attract a great deal of public attention and scrutiny, it does not mean that they should be denied the right to privacy.

Just like any other person, royalty have personal lives and relationships that they may not wish to share with the public. They may also have sensitive information that could compromise their safety or security if it were to become public. For instance, their daily routines, whereabouts, and travel plans may need to be kept confidential for security reasons.
    2.I disagree with option C, because it is not necessarily true that royals are more special than normal people, and they do not necessarily have total control over what the media says about them. While their position and status may come with certain privileges and influence, they are still human beings with rights and freedoms just as everyone one else in the world.

It is very important to recognize that everyone, including royals, should be treated with respect and dignity, and their privacy should be respected. However, this does not mean that they should have complete control over the media and the information that is shared about them.
    3. My opinion about Royals and the media is that the relationship between royals and the media has always been a complex one. On the one hand, royals are public figures and their actions and decisions can have a significant impact on the public. As such, the media has a responsibility to report accurately and objectively on their activities, including their public duties, engagements, and speeches.

On the other hand, royals, like any other individual, have a right to privacy and a personal life that they may wish to keep out of the public eye. In recent years, there has been increasing concern about the negative impact of invasive and sensationalist media coverage on the mental health and well-being of royals and their families.

It is therefore important for the media to strike a balance between reporting on the public activities of royals and respecting their privacy. This can be achieved by adhering to ethical standards of journalism, such as avoiding invasive reporting and respecting the wishes of the royals when it comes to their private lives.

So in conclusion, the private lives of Royals and the media should be balanced both privately and publicly, because it is really a complex relationship between them.
    Thank you.

• I agree with opinion B because privacy is an inherent human right, and a condition for preserving the human condition with dignity and respect. It's about choice, and having the power to control how you present yourself to the world. But I do not agree very much with opinion C, because people also have the right to know some news about them as a beloved royal family that interests them.
    Through the press, which is the fourth authority in disclosing information and other things, but with certain limits of privacy
    And my opinion in all of this is that the media publish the news that he wants to disclose to the family with respect for their privacy, such as the news: The Royal Palace in Britain announced that Prince Harry and his wife Megan will no longer be working members of the British royal family.
    And the British royal palace said in a statement that Harry and Megan “will continue to be very beloved members of the royal family.”

• Opinion A may be favourable to the commoners so that they can get every information about the royals but it will not be favourable to the royals it might cause them privacy issues. Royals do deserve some privacy for themselves so I disagree with the opinion A. I totally agree with opinion B because every royals need their privacy and their own space and they can decide what to publish about them and when we come to the last opinion C it is obnoxious because royals are only the rulers of a country and they only represent that country they cannot totally decide what media says about them

• I wholeheartedly disagree with opinion A. That would horrible to do to any person, royalty or not. Privacy should be valued.
    However, I do not think that they deserve total control over the media, like opinion C says. That amount of censorship would lean dangerously close to dictatorship, and could lead to all kinds of propaganda.
    Because of this, i believe that opinion B is the best one. I do not necessarily agree with opinion B, but out of the three opinions, i agree with that one the most.

• I agree with opinion B. Just because they're more privileged doesn't mean that they should not have the same privilege of privacy as everyone else. Not everything that goes on in their life has something to do with the public.

1. That's an interesting point. As the media helps promote their causes do you think that the media should be able to report on what they want to?

1. The media should report on news that is relevant, factual, and in public interest. They have a duty to report on events and issues that affect society, inform the public, and hold those in power accountable. However, the media should be limited to what they report on to some extent. They should be mindful of the impact their reporting can have on individuals and communities. The media should avoid reporting rumors, gossip, or other unverified information that can cause harm to people’s reputations or privacy. The media can report on topics as they wish. Although, they should not report on information that invades one’s privacy, and they should know about what is right or what is wrong to report on.

• I think opinion A is way too much mainly because it suggests telling the public about people's lives, these people are still humans and they shouldn't be treated like some sort of experiment always being monitored and everything.
    Opinion B is great because often things they may not want published still get published.
    Opinion C is suggesting they are better than us. Just because they have more power than us does not mean they are more special. But they should be able to have a say in what goes on social media however this might also be harmful to society because they could promote propaganda and only post good things about themselves.

• I personally agree with option B because the royal monarchs are people as well. Having the responsibility to take care of a country is a lot of pressure. As I think that option A is partially correct because of the fact that the country needs to know about the people who rule over them, option B is more friendly to the monarchs, as they don't have to feel pressured to share everything about themselves. Also, if monarchs got the choice to stay private, they will not feel the need to be smiling on camera, which can increase their mental health positively, due to not being pressured in front of a camera with millions of people watching.

• The media should publish any thing they know about the royals is the closest option that is more reasonable to me, The royals are also humans which means they should be entitled with the same privacy as all other people. Looking at their status as the royals They need more privacy than the other citizens,this is because too much information about the royals can put them at risk of enemy attack. Other than that I see no reason for not publishing News about them, they read News about our daily life so it shouldn't be a crime for us knowing somethings about them taking into account that we are all having equal rights.

"Royals are more
    special than normal people and should have total control over what the media says about them" is the option which I disagree with because the royals are not more special than normal people, they are only more privileged than them.

My opinion on media and royals is for them to have a discussion on limiting to much unnecessary information about the royals that may endaner their lives.

• i agree with option B because if they had no privacy their private lives would be watched every second and sometimes use your lives against you. Privacy is also a basic human right and they deserve to have some privacy too because they are also people.

• i thinkthat royals deserve some private life bc everyone else deoes

1. Thanks for sharing, dependable_opportunity. Which of the three opinions do you most agree with and why?

• A: The public doesn't have to know everything. The media should give some privacy to the royals. B: I agree very much because most of the media do not care if what they publish will be negative for the person and this matter should be limited. A: Absolutely, because one rumor can cause trouble and inconvenience to members of the royal family. But in my town, this does not happen because we do not expose anyone. This is what our religion has taught us is to cover up for others. I have a question: Can the royal family set laws for the media to limit these things? What do you think the laws should be?

• them having control over media will be bad because they simply will take anything down that is negative about them or their opinions because they have so much money they can bribe the higher ups and get away with it because corruption is at all time high

• My opinion is B why because,the idea that members of the royal family deserve privacy is not a new one. Like anyone else, they have a right to control their personal lives and to choose what they wish to share with the public. The paparazzi and media outlets often hound the royals, invading their privacy and publishing stories that are intrusive and unflattering. This has led to many calls for greater respect for their privacy and a reduction in media coverage of their personal lives.

One argument in favor of this view is that the media has a tendency to exaggerate the lives of the royals, often focusing on insignificant details of their personal lives rather than their public duties or achievements. This can be harmful to their reputation and can also detract from their ability to carry out their duties effectively. By allowing the royals greater control over what is published about them, it would be easier to maintain a focus on their work and their public service.

Another argument is that, like anyone else, the royals have a right to privacy and to be free from harassment. The constant presence of paparazzi and the attention of the media can make it difficult for them to enjoy a normal life, and can also expose them to danger. This was seen tragically with the death of Princess Diana, who was pursued by photographers before her fatal car crash. Allowing the royals greater control over their privacy would help to reduce this risk and allow them to live more normal lives.

However, others argue that the royals have chosen to enter public life, and therefore should expect to have their lives scrutinized to some extent. They argue that the media plays an important role in holding public figures accountable and that the public has a right to know what is going on behind the scenes. They also point out that the royals receive significant public funding and therefore have a responsibility to be transparent about their activities. the argument for greater privacy for the royals is compelling, there are also valid concerns about the need for transparency and accountability. It is likely that a balance needs to be struck between these two competing interests, with the royals being granted a reasonable amount of privacy while also being held accountable for their actions and public duties. But people countries have their rights to know about the government not about the royals. I disagree with opinion C "Royals are more special than normal people and should have total control over what the media says about them" it is not so because even normal people have secrecy with them so opinion is not suitable or irrelevant.

• I agree with option B the most,everybody deserves privacy in the wold and it can get very overwhelming when there is loads of paparazzi following you all the time. I disagree with with option A.

• I agree the most on opinion B because the royals can't keep living if everyone will be around them.They would have no privacy with their family and they need privacy to do private things like they wanted to go out and have a talk but they can't.Everyone would take photos of them and post it on social media.
    I disagree the most with opinion A because If the public saw them everyday and took photos of them then the royalty would hate having pictures of them everyday.Also people wouldn't get bored of taking pictures so the public would do as much pictures as they can.

1. I agree with you because the royals won't actually have privacy because anything that happens with the royal family and people hear the news they will begin to post on it and there can be a scandal. Just as he said they can't go anywhere without people taking pictures of them. What if they just wanted to go on a break and have a family time they can't go to where people are because they will begin to take snapshots of them and post so they probably have to shut down a whole place and they tell the manager to tell the people that the place has been shut down for some reasons then they will get back to them when they are fully back.
      So I feel monarchs should have the opportunity to have a private life and they will feel comfortable because no one can know about their whereabouts and they won't have to deal with the crowd coming to take pictures with them.

• I go with opinion B, because the royal members are also human beings like us so they need privacy just like we need. I can't accept the other 2 opinions, because in some situation the royals also need some privacy so we don't publish everything about the royals. But opinion A states that the media should publish each and every happening around them and what they are doing. But at the same time the royals should not have the right to suppress the publicity of the incorrect things they do to save their respect in the society. So I can't go with opinion A and C.

• As for us in Africa, one of the countries with an absolute mornachy is Eswatini which is currently going through a political crisis that is through people's protests caused by a drastic deterioration in human rights and lacnof reforms . considering such a situation, in my opinion non of the opinions is fair to both the public and the royals themselves.
    Firstly opinion A is a violation of the right to privacy on the side of the royals and it also brings up insecurity for them as well since all what happens in their lives is published
    Opinion B is not also fair on the side of the public coz there might be some decisions to be taken and might affect the people and yet they are not given the platform to do so for example still in eswatini there were misunderstandings between the royal family and the public because the people needed to choose their own prime minister since the ones that were being chosen by the Royal family were not delivering to their expectations
    Finally opinion C is totally irrelevant because the leaders who in this case are the royal family are meant to serve the people
    Therefore , in my opinion conveying information should be made Democratic in such a way that public representatives come together with the royals and agree on what is worth sharing to the public

• I would like to share my thoughts on the above opinion that is:

Opinion A argues that the public has the right to know everything about the royals because they belong to a country. While it is true that the royals are public figures and their actions can have an impact on the public, there are also certain aspects of their lives that should be kept private for their own well-being and safety. Additionally, not all information about the royals may be relevant or necessary for the public to know, and the media should exercise responsible journalism and avoid unnecessary intrusion into their private lives.

Opinion B suggests that the royals deserve some privacy and should have some control over what gets published about them in the media. This opinion recognizes the importance of respecting the royals' personal lives and autonomy while acknowledging that they are still public figures and certain aspects of their lives may be of public interest. In general, it is important to strike a balance between the public's right to know and the royals' right to privacy.

Opinion C suggests that the royals are more special than normal people and should have total control over what the media says about them. This opinion is problematic because it implies that the royals are above the law and do not have to be held accountable for their actions. While the royals may have certain privileges and responsibilities, they are still subject to the same laws and ethical standards as everyone else.

The media should exercise responsible journalism and strike a balance between the public's right to know and the royals' right to privacy. It is important to recognize that the royals are public figures, and their actions can have an impact on the public, but they are also entitled to some degree of privacy and respect for their personal lives.

But I agree with option B because every human in the world has some privacy so they should have some control over what should be published and should not be published.

I disagree with opinion C because all people in a country should abide by the laws which they are subject to. If royals started not to follow the rules it would negatively impact the people in the country.

One recent example is the fallout from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which they discussed their experiences as members of the royal family and their decision to step back from their official roles. The interview generated a lot of media attention and sparked a debate about the role of the monarchy in modern society, as well as the treatment of women and people of color in the British media.

Another example is the media's coverage of Prince Andrew's alleged involvement in the Jeffrey Epstein scandal. The prince has faced criticism for his past associations with Epstein, and the media has reported extensively on the allegations against him. The coverage has raised questions about the role of the royals in society and their responsibilities as public figures.

These examples illustrate the complex relationship between royals and the media, and the challenges of balancing the public's right to know with the royals' right to privacy and dignity. While the media has an important role to play in holding the royals accountable and reporting on matters of public interest, it is also important to respect their personal lives and avoid unnecessary intrusion and sensationalism.

• When becoming a royal, they knew the job they signed up for. As much as they need their privacy, they could have easily declined such role. They shouldn't have total control over what the media says about them; to avoid being criticized by the media they should make sure their behavior in public is acceptable and won't cause backlash.

Also, the media requires a limit. If they get told off for publishing some story, they should ensure to tone things down and respects people's wishes instead of repeating the same act. And royals have chosen to share their lives so they might as well feed us what we want; they should give us the princess life littles girlies fantasize about.

1. What happens when a royal declines their role? Why might this be a difficult decision?

1. I'm not too familiar but I feel if a monarch declines their role, it will be given to the next in line. For example, if King Charles III declines his role, Prince Williams will take over.
        This may be a difficult decision to be made because the person in question may feel like they are letting down the people and their family. Also, who wouldn't want to be a monarch? Yes, it comes with a lot of responsibilities but that power is what people seek.

2. When a royal declines their role, they are voluntarily giving up their position as a member of the royal family, which may lead to consequences. A royal may decline their role for various reasons. It could be due to personal reasons like desire for more privacy because of how public their lives are. Another reason could be due to the pressure and scrutiny that it takes to be a royal. Royals may not agree with the expectations or standards that come with maintaining such a position. This can be a difficult decision to make as royals can have a sense of duty towards their family. Turning down the role may also lead to criticism or backlash from the public, media, and even other members of the royal family. Hence, the decision to decline one’s role as a royal requires close consideration because it might have significant consequences on their life.

• I disagree with option B the most. At first I thought that everyone deserves to keep their personal lives to themselves but the more I thought about it I realised that by ruling over the whole entire country people should be able to trust their leaders and know what’s going on. For example the king used the tax payers money on his coronation. I think people have a right to know this and If it wasn’t In the media we wouldn’t have known. They royal family do alot of bad things and I think it’s a good idea for it to be put in the media so that the people they rule over can what they truly act like. If things like this weren’t put in the media alot of people would get the wrong idea of the royal family and idolise them a lot more as they wouldn’t truly know what’s happening behind the media.

• Let's not forget that Royals are still human beings and deserve their privacy,they same way you wouldn't like to be followed around all day by the paparazzi.I don't agree with any of the statements above.Celebrities shouldn't be able to alter how they are interpreted,that's not fair to the little girl looking at them at home thinking they always look like that,perfect hair,nails ,makeup etc..
    I don't think Celebrites/Royals should have a paparazzi after them at all,let them live a normal life!If you really want,they can be interviewed and answer questions.But nobody wants to be coming out of the gym and have about 50 camera men ready to taking 100 pictures of you walking to your car.Its nonsensical!Look at poor Princess Diana,the paparazzi were following her home and she got into a car crash because of it.Some paparazzi (not all of them)are ruthless,making a living off embarassing Celebrities.But some are lovely only trying to do there job 😀

• I disagree with Opinion C because I don't think royals are more special than normal people because we are all humans and though we have more power and authority that does not mean they have power over the media. the media has the right to fish out any negative or positive information about the royals. This Opinion brings me back to the death of Princess Diana, many people knew the royals had control over the media so they didn't say who were the culprits in her death and I think that's not fair because the people deserve to know who killed their beloved Princess. So I disagree with this Opinion totally.

• My opinion on royals and media is that royals should be allowed to choose what they want to be published or what they do not want to be published because every human has right to privacy (The right to privacy is enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights) and that does not exclude royals. Most times the media infringe people's right on privacy and we the audience at home see it as a normal thing, laugh and play about it not knowing that this "spicy gossip" that we enjoy is hurting some people out there. Let's not go to far from it even reading people's diary is a form of invasion of privacy. I support Harry and Meghan on this one because the media can not continue to infringe their personal lives because personally I, myself would not like it.

• I think option B is the way to go because everyone deserves some privacy and if they don't have some they can be humiliated online and other bad things also they deserve a life that not everyone can see online and option A id just very intrusive and if they have control over what is published about them, this can lead to proberganda and we will not always get the truth about what is going on in the family.

• I disagree with option A because the royals are also people like us and the deserve some level of privacy. Publishing personal information about the royals is just like publishing personal information about yourself. The are Human like us and the only difference is that the are royals so they deserve some privacy. I know that this might be a excuse for them to do some wrong things but then they come from the society and have experienced what the masses are passing through which will encourage them to take good care of the people. The part that the said that the press should publish everything they know about the royal family is wrong. There are some information that get leaked and then gets to the press which is not the intention of the royal family. I feel that the press should confirm the information that the get before letting it out to the public cause it might cause distrust between the public and the royals.