Should people know?

At the Enhanced Games, people would be able to use performance-enhancing drugs.

On the website for the games, it says:

“You don’t have to [tell people that you’ve taken performance-enhancing drugs]. While many people find it’s a great weight off their shoulders, others don’t want to come out, seeing their enhanced status as a completely private matter – so it's really up to you. If you are in an environment that is hostile towards enhanced athletes (for example, the Olympics), remember that the Enhanced Games embraces you, and supports you on [making your own decisions about your own body].”

For this week’s poll we’d like to know what you think about this, by answering the question:

“Should athletes that take performance-enhancing drugs have to reveal that to others?”

This poll is now closed.

Comments (127)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I don't believe that players should disclose whether or not they are using drugs. If the president of the organization is not concerned about it, then it seems unnecessary to me. Revealing this information could harm the player's reputation and the reputation of the country they represent. Therefore, it should be acceptable for players not to disclose their drug use publicly. Additionally, if the competition is not testing for drugs, hardly any players might not be using them.

1. I respectfully disagree With you on this comment. I believe that they should tell the others about the source of their strength especially your team mates if you really want your team to win. As an individual, you used the drug and you are hiding it from your team mates, you will be strengthened yes, but no matter how strengthened you are, you cannot win the game alone without the help of your team mates. So that is why they have to disclose it to people especially your team mate because that is where cooperation comes in.

1. I totally agree with your point of view since everyone that you cooperate with has to know about this issue.It is true that nobody can win alone at a teamsport such as basketball and here comes the importance of collaboration which characterises this type of sports and makes it more entertaining and interesting than individual ones

2. I totally agree with you. Not telling anybody about drug usage could also lead to health problems and risks. For example, say if you were to suddenly have a medical problem. Many would not be able to help you, or they would be unprepared since you did not tell anybody about your drug use. Using drugs and not telling people could turn out to be a huge risk.

3. I agree with your opinion because, yes, it is very important for those who you are cooperating with to know that you're using enhancing drugs in the competition. And, if the drugs take effect on you negatively, your teammates would know why and they could help you if you told them that you took those drugs.

2. I disagree because... if they don't want their reputation to be harmed they would not use them in the first place, and to me they use of drugs is wrong and generally causes health problems, and is never advised in any competition, in the case of a competition which doesn't test is the perfect situation to use them and I do not see why they would not use them.

3. I disagree because... Doping is wrong. An athlete using performance enhancing drugs will obviously run faster than one which is not. This means that if the two athletes were to race, IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR. Using drugs actually violate the principle of fair competition because the athlete doping is artificially enhancing his or her capabilities beyond their natural limit while the other athlete, is working according to his or her natural capabilities. I think doping is cheating. Cheating has been defined by the oxford dictionary as a dishonest act done in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game, a competition, an exam, etc and cheating is wrong EVERYWHERE, even in athletics. Doping gives an athlete advantage other athletes. How would you feel using your physical abilities and training day and night only to lose to someone who is doping. I would honestly feel cheated. If an athlete is doping, being honest will clear his or her conscience. Confessing will also make other athletes not to feel cheated. So I believe athletes doping actually need to confess.

1. I totally agree with you.Even though, enhancing drugs will make you strong or run faster it wouldn't be fair because other runners might not take these drugs that can make you stronger or run faster and it will not be fair.It would be fair if runners from different teams take this drug it will be fair because if they all take it they will feel the same way and that won't be cheating.Cheating would not be good for an example if you are doing a test and you are cheating you can get consequences like if you cheat in a athletics game you can get consequences and that why I think that enhanced drugs should not been taken by runner so that they can make a fair competition.

1. What consequence do you think athletes should get if they are found to be cheating in a games like the Olympics, romantic_brain?

1. I would like to ban them from the olympics and make them never come back.

1. Can you say a bit more? Why do you think this? What difference would a complete ban make?

2. I'm not sure about this because... yes, I see your point yet it doesn't seem right at the same time. But, then again, it's all different opinions being put into this topic. The reason it doesn't seem right to me is because when you mentioned having every runner from the teams taking the enhancing drugs. The risk of every runner taking drugs can make the game delay if the majority gets side effects from the drugs. It can cause health issues. But yes, cheating is bad. I just think that it would just be better to not take the drug at all than have every runner taking the drug to keep it fair.

4. I agree with you. If the games that they are playing in allow the use of performance enhancing drugs and the audience knows this, then the athletes shouldn't be forced to disclose such personal information. As you have said if the competition is drug testing then people will know eventually of their use of drugs and if they are not testing then it is obvious the competition doesn't feel the need to know whether they are or aren't using performance enhancing jobs.

1. I disagree because... the other athletes should know if their opponents are using drugs so that they might be ready and know who they are competing with. I say this because if the other teams do not know that their opponent's players are using drugs, they may feel they may have not trained at all. But I don't think that the spectators should not know that the athletes are using drugs because it would make the game look more interesting to them and if the spectators know about it, the athletes that used the drugs may lose their fans or even their reputation.

THANK YOU.

1. I totally agree with you trusting _interaction, that the game will actually look more interesting if their fans or spectators don't know about the use of this performance enhancing drugs and as well they will also get more fans.
          But here's a question for you, do you think that performance enhancing drugs could work out in a positive way to all the athletes and the games or competition they will play?

1. I disagree with intelligent_nectarine because it won't be fair if some athletes are not using enhanced drugs but the other are. I think it will also affect their body system leading them to sicknesses where they have to go to the hospital, give out money to doctor's for treatment and if they don't have money to give , they won't be treated and that will lead to death.

1. I agree with you hopeful_brain because like you said it will not be fair and people will feel cheated.
              I think, if athletes use these drugs and later win, they might end up using the money won to take care of their health challenges till they recover from their illness. this shows that there have been a waste of money and resources.
              I also think that those who felt cheated will want to know the secret to such a win, which can also make them be under social pressure. If the cheated athlete later finds out the truth, they will also start doing same. Such experiences can lead to disability or untimely death.

2. I agree because... Using performance analysis without proper medical guidance can be really dangerous. These enhancers, like certain stimulants, might be okay if a doctor says so, but taking them without a doctor's prescription is risky. All drugs, even ones that help you perform better, can harm your body. The might mess up your liver, your heart, or make you addicted. Athletes who use these drugs without a doctor's prescription and not just wishing their health but they are lives too!

Athletes should never take any medicine unless doctor a says it's okay. Performance enhancers are medicines too, And they can mess up how you body works, causing really bad side effects. Without the right help from a doctor, athlete's could lose their lives because of these drugs.

Remember, it's super important for athletes to talk to a doctor before taking any kind of drug. Drugs might seem like they can make you better at sports, but they can also make you really sick or even hurt you badly. So, it's best to stay safe and ask a doctor first!
              Thanks for reading👍.

2. I respectfully disagree you because I think that athletes should inform people and fans about perfomance -enhancing drugs so that they should be aware of that and athletes should maintain fairness and integrity on the player field. There should be no discrimination with the opponent who is not consuming those drugs .. and I believe that perfomance -enhancing drugs have a lot of side effects in an athletes body .. it can cause the health concerns.

1. I agree because, everyone should be informed about an an athletes taking of drugs no matter legal or illegal.
              here are some examples of what people should know about:
              1.) People have the right to know whether the person is taking drugs.
              2.) People have the right to know whether the drugs is legal or illegal.
              3.) Fans have the right to know whether the person is taking drugs and whether the drugs is legal or illegal. So that they can choose if they want to watch the game or not.
              THANK YOU.

1. I agree with you approachable climate because too much of drug in the body causes a lot of damage to the body which may include death.
                In the case of fans they might not like to see athletes that when running they can just die due to the effect of pills in the body.
                In conclusion I will say that fans have the rights to know if athletes took drugs either legal or illegal to the body .
                THANKS OR THANK YOU.

2. I wholeheartedly agree with you as fans should have the right to know whether an athlete is doping as it could make the sports boring.

3. I totally disagree with you intelligent nectarine because fans will always enjoy a good game, so taking enhanced drugs should not be encouraged in any way .Hard work,effective training , diligence, consistency is the key word for an athlete.

2. I agree with trusting_ interaction because I think players should be alert incase other players are using performance enhancing drugs, but I think no one should be allowed to use performance enhancing drugs not only because it damages your system but without it develops your body. I also think using performance enhancing drugs will affect your fame and your reputation. this could affect your reputation negatively. This could affect them negatively due to shame, making them not want to play anymore and reducing their fans.

3. I agree with you because athletes are suppose to be alert of who they are playing with .I say so because if others athletes are not alert of who they are playing with and they don't use these drugs they might not be able to perform well ,and they might be feeling embarrassed and will therefore not want to perform again.
          I also think that if athletes use these drugs the game will not be interesting, and it could stop people from coming to watch the game because they are mostly using performance_ enhancing drugs.
          Don't you think that, performance_ enhancing drugs could stop people from visiting stadium, and will it have positive impact to people.

2. I agree because in a sports competition like the enhanced games, the use of performance enhancing drugs is allowed and the people watching would know because of the freedom that the competition allows for. I do not feel ghat any competitors using peds should not be forced to reveal such information as it is expected for them to use it. Additionally the audience should be able to identify an athlete who is using a ped by any superhuman feat which would probably be common in the competition.

1. Yes, i agree. It is called the "Enhanced games" so people should know that athletes are not acting on their own abilities alone. The audience as well as the competitors all need to know. But in a case where people that take drugs and those that don't are made to compete, i strongly stand against that. If at all Enhanced games should become a part of the sport world, all competitors should be given drugs so that it can be able to balance the equation a little bit. Making those who have taken performance enhancers and those who aren't compete will make everything very unbalanced. Unfortunately, this is what happens in our present society. Some athletes actually take the drugs but don't tell anybody and this ends up giving them false glory and making the other athletes feel sad and incompetent. No information should be held back from the public.

3. Yes, I agree with you. If the games they play allow them to use such, I don't think it should be disclosed to anyone because here now, it is their own decision as it is allowed but otherwise if it's not allowed, it wouldn't be acceptable to use such to play the games because it was not required and therefore be will be considered as cheating. Normally, I think sports are to check our skills, energy and award us not the other way round, using artificial energy for glory.

4. I disagree with you. If players do not tell their audience that they are using performance enhancing drugs won't it look as if the players are cheating?

5. I disagree with you contemplative fly.
      Revealing whether or not a player is using drugs is the fair thing to do, I say this because someone who is using drugs has better chances of winning than someone who is not because he/she has enhanced stats. Telling other players can be hurtful to them, but I believe that saying it is the right thing to do. Reporting to authorities helps in the improvement of competition systems, so that more people who do this can be caught and can be corrected, this just means that the organizer of the event might not even know whether or not the athletes are using drugs. So, in this case telling others can help you so that you can correct yourself on what you did.

THANKYOU.

6. I disagree with your comment, I think they need to come clean about using perfomance enhancing drugs because if you keep something a secret you obviously know it's wrong well everyone knows it. If someone asks you something about well anything and you dont want to talk about it not because it's personal which for some people it is but because you know it's wrong and that you shouldnt do it. And it's not even fair from my view because someone who can't take something because of how they work is almost destined to lose if they allow drugs which will make the competition unfair and it will even cause the athletes to be lazy people and the whole point of being an athltete is to be active so I don't see why they are taking drugs.

7. I disagree with you contemplative_fly and these are my reasons:
      1. If athletes use performance enhancing drugs, they should admit it, it shows that they are people of integrity and I believe the organizers care if athletes use enhanced drugs that is why it is forbidden.
      2. Doping is wrong. it is not right to use drugs in order to win.
      3. When some athletes use these drugs, it does not create a level playing field for everyone , while those who use these performance enhancing drugs will win, others who have put in more effort will be disappointed at the end of the day.
      4. I also believe that doping is cheating. Games are suppose to be fair to everyone and anyone who uses those drugs should be disqualified so the game would be fair.

1. I agree because, doping is very wrong and it is harmful to other people. The athletes that use the preformance enhancing drugs should not be mixed in with the people that do not use them.
        It is like having the Paralympians mixed with the olympians which is not good.
        THANK YOU.

8. Ι firmly disagree with your perspective! I believe that athletes should be obliged to reveal to others that they use enhancing drugs. Although this will make athletes and viewers think that what they have achieved so far is because of this privilege and that they haven't put so much effort and sweat, it is always good to be honest in order for a game to be more fair for all candidates.

1. I disagree with you that they don't need to reveal anything because it is their own opinion to decide whether to or not. If they reveal, I think they will think they have gone far without them putting in effort and so the main aims of sports will be defeated.

9. I disagree with your perspective although it is illustrated by valid and compelling points. Athletes should reveal it to others when they use drugs in order to make them aware of with who they compete. It is unfair to utilise performance enhancing drugs without disclosing this information with other athletes and it can also lead to the non objective win of someone as they used manners.

10. i belive that using drugs are making the competition not work because ...
      . they might mess up the competition
      . might make the test wrong
      . might make you delosional
      that's why i belive that using drugs are making the competition not work
      we might not do the compitition because they are caught drinking red bull for a example

11. I disagree with you because in Olympics performance enhancing drugs are banned and there are strict punishments to the people who use them. Some of the punishments are,
      1. They will be banned from the game.
      2. There reputation will be tarnished.
      3. It is considered as drug abuse.
      This are some of the consequences for using perfomance-enhancing drugs.

• I believe if a person is using such drugs to win the game it is not appropriate to keep it secret as the person using may be at several risk factors like-health risks or e if it is disclosed in an inappropriate way to the public he might loose the opportunity to play throughout his life and also a guilt would be with him forever as he or she was the one to choose this way of cheating to win medals..also I believe if a person actually wants true success it should be through t his hardwork not through cheating it will be not fair for the one who is actually working hard..so I think these methods should be not followed even throught they are easy and short because a true success can never be acheived ywith this

1. Which you you think is better:
      Some athletes using performance enhancers but lying about it
      All athlete being allowed to use performance enhancers but not everyone using them

1. Hi Tiff!
        To me I disagree with the both and none of them is better because Athletes being allowed to use the pill but not everyone using it is being unfair. If a team embraces it, they should all use it and not making it available for some and not making available for some. Also Athletes using them and lying about it is also to their own detriment because they can get addicted to it and thereby causing diseases like the enlargement of the liver to themselves and so it’s better they say the truth so they can be properly disclosed to the disadvantages of taking it much also. So therefore, I don’t think any of them is a good idea.

2. I find it particularly hard to pick a side, because lying about it isn't right, and everybody being allowed to take them still feels unfair towards those who maybe can't afford them. If anything, I believe that athletes should admit if they have taken anything. That way, those who didn't take anything won't be told that they couldn't have won with their own powers. I have seen this happening in many circumstances. For example: kids can tell the one who's done their homework the best that it was because the child's mother was home to help him. It doesn't matter if it would be a lie. They would still say it. I think that it is something to consider, because adults are just children who grew up. They keep some of their bad habits. From my point of view, it is important to have honesty and to tell the world how you have come that far. For example, little kids might be watching someone win the competition. I believe that they should be told if the athlete took any enhancing drugs, so that they don't grow up thinking that they must do it all by themselves and that if they can't , they should give up. I personally think that it is crucial what message we are sending out. I believe that it is not only about the athlete, but also how it impacts other's minds.

3. Hey, Tiff @ Topical Talk!
        I believe that All athlete being allowed to use performance enhancers but not everyone using them it is ultimately up to me whether or not they do so. If everyone is allowed to use performance enhancers, I believe that this will be fair because everyone will have the opportunity to use the drugs without facing any repercussions, and if they choose not to use them, it won't be unfair because they had the opportunity but chose not to take it so it can be a fair game. Thank you for your time 😊

4. I believe that the second option is better. If certain players are not using performance-enhancing drugs, then it shows their confidence. Even if they play against players who have used these drugs and lose, they can still tell their fans that they played fairly. I m not saying that the opponent cheated but it just seems fair...By not using these drugs, a player might have trained harder than others or have more experience than others.

5. This was a tricky question and I think that some people might say that it is better to have some athletes using performance enhancers but lying about it, because they can still inspire others with their achievements and provide entertainment for the fans. Others might contend that it is better to have all athletes being allowed to use performance enhancers but not everyone using them, because this would level the playing field and respect the individual choices of the competitors.
        However, both scenarios have their drawbacks and ethical implications. Performance enhancers can have harmful effects on the health and well-being of the athletes, as well as undermine the integrity and fairness of the sport. Lying about their use can also damage the reputation and trust of the athletes and the sport itself. Therefore, I think the best option is to have strict regulations and testing to prevent and deter the use of performance enhancers, and to promote a culture of honesty and sportsmanship among the athletes and the fans.
        Some people may think that letting all athletes take drugs to enhance their performance would make things fair, because everyone would have the same chance to improve their skills. However, this could also lead to a loss of diversity and loss of natural talent in the sport, and also encourage a culture of doping and dependency on drugs.
        Different people react differently to the same drug. Some might feel better, some might not. Some might have side effects, some might not. So, the drug is not fair for everyone.
        So, I don't think there is a clear-cut answer to this question, but rather a matter of personal preference and values.

2. I agree because... It's not great to hide these things. It's almost like lying, and almost selfish. Athletes should be straightforward and honest because it's not fair to the others. If they're gonna cheat, they should not participate. It's better to be honest and to not cheat in any sport unless it's allowed!

• I believe that people with a platform or status should have to come out about the use of PEDs as they could lead to unhealthy lifestyles for an audience trying to keep up with them or follow their routine. It could also lead to problems like body dysmorphia as some fitness influencers for example the liver king have recently come out as being on anabolic steroids which gives a false hope to the average person.

1. I agree with reasoning_shrimp because an athlete who uses drugs is degrading his own physical health and he is also encouraging others to use drugs.
      Firstly, When an athlete uses drugs, various internal problems occur in his body, such as memory loss,decreased brain function, liver and stomach problems etc. These problems increase an athlete's risk of death which can spoiled his playing career.

Secondly, Those who follow an athlete who takes drugs may advance to taking drugs. I think that, thus a society will advance towards destruction. Therefore, sports organizations should take strict step to stop drug use.

2. I agree with reasoning_shrimp because speaking with social media most people try to imitate or copy what ever trend goes on the social media because they want to go along to get along. I also think that people that take part in these drugs are not able to continue or go on with their career because they might have a shorter lifetime or they might have a disease or infection due to these drugs. In addition to this, most times when people take in too much of these drugs, it takes time for the drugs to react to their systems and this time is long enough for them to win the game, but later the side effects of the drugs might occur. This will be very bad.So, I think that reasoning_shrimp has a very good point.

3. I agree because... If people are aware that an athlete takes an enhancement drugs it can help save the athlete in case of any emergency during the sports competition. In case of any health issue let's say an athlete has a heart attack or a medical relapse during the sports as a result of taking the drugs, it will be easier for the medical practitioners to know the first aid to give to the athlete before taking he or she to the hospital if they are aware that they are on the drugs but if they are not aware that the athlete has taken the enhancement drugs they might issue or wrong first aid which might lead to a greater a ailment.

4. I agree because if they don't tell anyone about their use of drugs it could cause reputation damage to their opponents as if they use drugs it could make one feel cheated out of their win because their opponents have used biological advancements to make useless of their hard work and training, and this might lead them to start taking those drugs , which would eventually lead to a fatal overdose gradually building up over time.

1. I agree because if most of these people don't see the side effects of the drug it might feel like the is no effect on them, which may lead to taking overdose and it may kill them or potentially end their career and make them get extremely sick.

• Of course they have to reveal it. This is the meaning of Olympic games. Healthy body, healthy mind.
    But in order to compete you have to be honest so as to as all to compete in equal terms.
    An enhanced competition means that you are cheating as this is against the rules and the rules should be respected by everyone.
    It's a healthy competition that needs hard work and a lot of practice.
    If a game is based on drugs then this game should totally change the rules.

1. Hi incredible message,
      I agree with you because they have to reveal it so other athletes might help doctors to supervise those athletes that want to take the new performance-enhancing drugs. Also you have to be honest for you to be safe during the Olympics games , in case the game starts athletes have to be in equal terms so that no athlete will be confused.
      I think that they should reveal it to the public because the athletes that do not want to take part in the enhancement drugs need to know what and who they are up against. The need to brace themselves because these drugs can make some of the athletes go ballistic. So, they need to prepare themselves.
      That is why I think that they should reveal it to the public.
      THANK YOU.

2. Hi incredible message
      I agree that enhanced drugs should be announced to the public because the public should be told about the things they do and the public will feel that the games are not true and fake that their are cheating.it also change their way of training ,
      food nutrition and changes the rules of the game.
      Thank you for your time

3. I agree with you . They have to reveal it as this is not fair to other competitors.
      Additionally the audience and especially young people get inspiration from athletes and this is not a good role model. If their fans want to be like them they should be aware if their favorites athlete success is because of hard work or not.

4. I agree because... people who cheat do not deserve to be in such a great position if it's not actually *them* doing it. It's the drugs doing it. Plus, people have to keep in mind that these are DRUGS.

Now, of course, not every drug is bad. But many can still cause harm even if they help the body. There are many drugs with side effects, maybe even every drug does. Negative side effects appear in the majority of drugs and people have to realize this because it can really harm your body!

So, it is better to reveal if they have enhanced drugs so they get a health check up or have someone monitor their health. Along with that, you have to be truthful if you are cheating and not using your own hard work and abilities.

• I believe that athletes have to announce whether they are using any type of drugs such as steroids for multiple reasons . To begin with using such chemicals not only does it make it unfair for the users opponent who doesnt use them but also it worsens the users heath and condition . This is the reason why they are strictly prohibited in the Olympics and using them could even get you banned from attending since it is against everything the games stand for. I believe that the creation of the Enhanced Games is good because now it is up to the users standard's and because everybody is using them it makes the competition is fair.

1. Thanks for your comment, honorable_moment. Given that you think that performance enhancing drugs worsen users' health and condition, do you still think it's a good idea to create the Enhanced Games where people might feel encouraged to use these drugs?

1. Hi Sarah
        For me I think it is not a good idea to create enhanced games because it will worsen our health and make our health to be in danger in the future, because if we start taking enhanced drugs now, we will enjoy it now but in the future it will affect us really bad. For me I will say that athletes that they should not use enhanced drugs to win games instead they should work very hard so that they can achieve what they believe in their self and work as a team to achieve a particular goal.
        Thanks

2. Hi Sarah!
        I am somewhere in the middle of this. The use of drugs may result in anxiety, addiction, vomiting, increased heart rate and other such health effects. Using drugs would also not be fair to the opponent who might not have used them. Athletes might stop working hard and get addicted and dependent on these drugs. Even with so many disadvantages, I think in some way these games might be good. Several times an athlete gets injured a few days before the event. Due to the injury, they are not able to participate. However, now in the enhanced games the use of a suitable amount of drugs would help them perform well. All the hard work that they have been doing for months, would not go to waste. Also, new athletes who aren't confident and perfect yet may get the confidence to perform in front of such a large crowd with the use of drugs. Then later after some practice, these athletes can perform without any drug dosage. Hence I think, enhanced games have both disadvantages and advantages. It will depend on the person if they would prove to be helpful or not.

3. Hi Sarah
        I will encourage to use enhanced drugs with the following point of my
        Enhanced drugs serve as a catalyst in activating one's potential in the field, there by adding extra energy, zeal, encourage to go beyond one's strength to achieve a greater goal or results,. Without the help of enhancing drugs, most of the individuals in the field wouldn't have extra stamina to face the challenge of winning races. Therefore, I will encourage the use of these enhance drugs by the approve of satisfied medical professionals that have chosen a specific drugs with lesser risk that affect human health.
        So with this point of my I think I have convince you that we should encourage enhanced drugs and have satisfied doctors that will the drugs with lesser risk that will affect human health.

4. To me, I think it is still a good idea because athletes are not harmed by the drugs if am not mistaking, the only thing there is that people who don't have full knowledge about the enhanced games and drugs are being so worried about it without thinking about the fact they cannot be harmful but only gives strength to the athletes. But if we should think about this over again, enhanced drugs makes games to be faster and more fun. People are worried and thinking that athletes might be harmed during the games because of the strength from the drugs but there are still rules that guides the games and when you go contrary to the rules, you will be given red card which means you are disqualified, then next time the games will go well after lessons had been learnt from the previous red card given.

2. you make very good points, a player not disclosing their on steroids or other type of drugs could make the game unbalanced and unfair because one player that uses performance enhancers is automatically going to be better than a athlete who does not. but i agree with you, i do think it would be interesting to see something like a version of the Olympics were athletes are able to use performance enhancers because it allows the player to use what they want while still making the game itself fair to everyone.

3. I completely agree with you that making use of this substance can be dangerous because it is drug abuse to use drugs without a doctor's prescription. The exact amount that the athletes take doesn't really concern them. The rate at which enhanced medications are administered should be followed the guidelines established by WADA. Yes, it makes the competition unfair. It is not called winning if one breaks the rules or does anything that is prohibited. One enjoys a game when it is fair. In addition, taking performance-enhancing drugs ruins an athlete's health. And also, an organization named WADA was established in order to ensure that the competition is fair.

1. The Enhanced Games propose strict medical testing by doctors to support athletes to use performance-enhancing drugs safely. Does this change your mind about anything?

• Good Day everyone,
    I believe they must reveal if they are on performance-enhancing drugs because to be an athlete doesn't only mean to win a competition but to have a healthy body and mind. Transparency about drug use in sports is crucial for maintaining fair competition and ensuring the health and safety of athletes. While athletes using these drugs may appear physically fit, the long-term effects on their bodies can be severed. Infact, taking performance enhancing drugs shouldn't be permitted at all because Even if an athlete were to win while using them, it would not be a fair victory. Additionally, it is unreasonable to compel all athletes to use these drugs, considering the harmful impact they can have on health. I believe athletes should disclose their use of performance-enhancing drugs before competitions. This step is essential for ensuring the fairness of the game and upholding the principles of sportsmanship.
    People may have contradicting views, but this is what I strongly believe.

• I believe that the athletes taking performance-enhancing drugs should reveal it to the public. The public should know the whole truth about the sportsperson they like. Also, games are supposed to be fair and honest. If the opponent doesn't know that a player takes these supplements then it is unfair for him/her.

1. Hello, benevolent_groundhog,
      I agree with you because the public should know whether some of the athletes are taking enhancement drugs or not. I say this because if they tell the public the other athletes will be able to know how they are found to cope and play side-by-side with athletes that take enhanced drugs for fitness. This can help the athletes that are not taking the enhancement drugs because they might be able to exercise harder and more often. Some athletes that take drugs also may like how their muscles look when they take these drugs. Mire dangerous types of anabolic steroids are called designer steroids. Some drug tests may not be able to spot them in a person's body. This is bad because this may be able to help them cheat in the Olympics.
      I got that only 1% of the world is caught using drugs in the Olympics and one of those athletes was Diego Maradona who according to my research, at the 1994 World Cup, famous Argentine footballer Diego Maradona tested positive for five variants of ephedrine which is a drug used to increase energy and alertness in addition to losing weight by speeding up your metabolism. That is the drug he took.
      In conclusion, in this quiz, I got a learnt a lot about drug enhancement and the percentage of the world's athletes that use it as well as those that were caught before the Olympics. I also learnt that women didn't participate in the Olympics, not until later in time.
      THANK YOU.

2. I solidly concur with you benevolent groundhog because, when the public agree with them taking performance-enhanced drugs, then it is a fair paly. I also agree with the part that says it has to be a public affair in which it is been exposed to everyone that players or athletes are been taken or given drugs to help them run fast or helps them to perform better so that when someone begins to have a health issue they won't say it is a secret deal.
      Games has to be fair so that it will be interesting and people will find it awesome to watch because when one opponent takes the drug while he other doesn't, you will get to find out hat is cheating and might also lead to assault or destruction.
      Thanks.

3. I'm not sure about this because... if they reveal it to the public it will cause lost to the people that are interested in playing sports, they people that control the sport control will now have to close the sports for as long as they want and they athletes that was exposed to the public will now ruin their reputation and bring shame to the family.
      So they should not expose it to the public instead they should suspend the person from playing for like a year or instead expelled from that from that arena that they stay to play any particular sport.

4. Hi!
      I agree with you that Enhancing drugs should be revealed to the public.if they don't know the public will feel angry that their favorite sports star is cheating . So the public should know that Athletes are taking performance-enhancing drugs so it can be fair. Thanks for listing

5. I solidly agree with you because, the performance-enhancing drugs don't suppose to be something taken secretly so for health reasons ,it has to reviewed to people in case if someone begins to develop some health issues.
      Secondly, if the performance enhancing drugs are be allowed, then it has to be taken by the both teams to avoid cheating or unfair play among others. Also, remember to that all drugs has side effect, and also, remember to that the performance enhancing drugs has limitations in the sense that it should be regulated by the sportsperson for health safety.

6. I agree because, if an athlete is using unfair methods which includes doping, he/she should not be called a sportsman due to his lack of sportsmanship and loyalty to the people/viewers. According to 'sportsmanship', playing the game and giving best is more significant than winning.

Athletes should honestly tell, whether they have used supplements or not to the people they are liked by the most, the viewers. If they find good to use performance-enhancing drugs, cheating and being a proud winner, then, they should not hide it from others, they should candidly inform the truth behind their victory.

Although, I still believe that using drugs or any kind of cheat material is completely unfair and inapplicable in any competition, sport, or game.

7. Hi
      I agree with you that enhanced drugs should be known to be the public.it will feel that the game will feel unfair, the public should know that they taking enhanced drugs,if they know the games will be fair to enjoy.it can affect their health, causes sickness of athlete.the public should know that they are taking enhanced drugs.
      Thank you.

• I believe that players will have to reveal that they take enhancing drugs because it is illegal and can damage the body system.Sports is all about using what you have to try and win a match and by what you have using good things.It could also lead to serious diseases because if you do not enclose it will continue to destroy your body system from the inside.

1. I agree with succinct_cheetah because if they don't reveal to their opponent and hopefully win the game their opponent will think that they are not good at what they do and it may lead to suicide but if they athletes who use the enhanced drugs will reveal it to their opponents it will be a fair game and the athletes who do not use the enhanced drugs will be likely to compete with people who use enhanced drugs as a way to see how better they are without it also if they do not reveal it might damage the body system if not well tested by doctors, athletes who are to compete with other athletes who have used the enhanced drugs would try their best to win the match without the enhanced drugs they will have great desire of comparing their physical strength to that of enhanced drugs and it will be a fair game also using the enhanced drugs is very dangerous to athletes and why I agree with you for proper care.

• It's hard for me to choose which one I agree with the most. I think all viewpoints are valid and have a point, but I don't think it's fair or just to say that athletes are performing better. It's also a technological advancement, and we should consider the safety and wellbeing of athletes. It's also true that we can apply the lessons we learn to better assist people in their day-to-day activities and lives.

1. lovely_planet it would be great to hear more about what you think are the good points about each of the viewpoints. How can we learn from performance enhancing drugs for people's day to day activities?

1. Hi Sarah, @TopicalTalk.
        I feel Unlike anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs, which are used to promote muscle growth and increase the body's energy, we have the day-to-day activities, jobs, or tasks we are engaged in at different times with the aim of making a living. This article will employ findings and experience from the use of steroids and apply them to finding solutions to day-to-day life issues. The argument that "we should employ and put these methods and solutions into use every time we try to solve our problems" underlies the main thesis: learning from performance-enhancing drugs for day-to-day activities. The author tries to view daily life issues, especially problems associated with health, in a broader perspective. In an overview, the article provides an analysis of how the methods of dealing with health problems and other life issues are described in two vastly different scenarios. The first scenario is one in which an individual's health has been persistently deteriorated by injuries and other health problems. In such a case, even doctors might try to avoid using common methods of solving health problems due to the mind's non-receptive attitude towards new inventions. The author comments that the affected individual in this case would always be exposed to the side effects of recurrent administration of painkillers like oxycodone or Advil. He compares this kind of approach to what he describes as a "resource depletion" form of problem-solving that he tries to explain scientifically in the next subsection of the article. On the other hand, the article presents a different scenario where health has been significantly and progressively improving since performance-enhancing methods of health have been used. Concisely, the use of steroids and other enhancing drugs and methods turns out to be a preference chosen to solve the problem in this second scenario. All the aforementioned statistics and examples are given to help the reader understand the work.
        Thank you.

2. It can help you become more agile and proficient. It can teach us how to work with our bodies to develop our abilities. However, individuals who are not athletes should use performance-enhancing drugs with extreme caution as they can be dangerous.

• Hi there,
    In the first place, enhancing the performance of drugs should be out of the question. Games are to test and recognize your natural strengths and skills, just like how the Economist Foundation wants to put your natural problem-solving skills to the test. Tests should be conducted before the games to eliminate such people, just like when you go against the rules of the economist, your comment gets rejected. For everything, there must be rules in place to create fairness and equality. It would be unfair to the other competitors who do not use them and do not win. To conclude, I'll give two quotes on fairness, and one goes, "Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same. Fairness means everyone gets what they need."-Rick Riordan and "Fairness is not an attitude. It's a professional skill that must be developed and exercised." Brit Hume. These two quotes convey a secret message, and I believe that the aim of such games is to recognize your TRUE talent, not to crown anyone the best.
    Thank you.

• I think they should have to reveal it because its not fair to others. Games are supposed to be fair and fun. People should know because if you have fans they should know why they like you. If you are using enhancing stuff many people would agree or like you because your not using your natural talent.

• I believe they do have to reveal that they are using an enhancing drug. If they don't reveal the drug it might seem like it's a way of cheating. Along with this, if you want your team to win you can tell your teammates about it because you can't win alone because it's a competition relying on your teammates and yourself. You can't take too much of this drug, it might even lead to an overdose. You need to have good health so it's a bad idea to take too much of this drug even though it might help you with performance it might not be so good and it might lead to death.

1. Interesting ideas. Can you tell us where you found your evidence?

• I believe that players should disclose whether or not they have taken performing-enhancing drugs because it would be disheartening for other to not know if they lost to someone using drugs or not. Players could also test themselves to beat someone using drugs. I think everyone plays and audience should know because personally it just feels underhanded to not tell if you have used drugs to help you win.

• I personally think the questions shouldn’t be about whether or whether not these athletes should reveal their enhanced status but whether this is a good idea in the first place.
    I mean owning your body is great and all but your health matter above else.
    When I first read the headline I had to blink twice, like seriously? It’s like signing a death sentence in my view, or a long trip to the hospital because although these performance-enhancing drugs do improve your agility, speed, strength and so on, it is also a drug and like every other drug it can become addictive and potentially dangerous to your health.
    Take for example Tom Simpson, he died in 1967, due to a heart attack caused by dehydration. It was a hot summer day and a performance-enhancing drug amphetamines he had taken earlier made him push himself hard into a dehydrated condition. And because of his death the ICU - International Cycling Union banned drugs during cycling. So why is there a whole game section for these?
    In conclusion I feel athletes should be educated on these things, yes your body is your own, however that’s the more reason why you should take care of it. And yes athletes should reveal their enhanced states, just in case of any medical emergencies that might arise, any death that might occur, so as to enable medical practitioners understand the needs of the patient or in the latter case, why the victim died.

• In my opinion the athlete should disclose whether or not they are using a performance enhancing drug. This is because drugs like these increase their likelihood of winning the tournament or race which is surely unfair to the other competitors. If 1 athlete out of 10 is using a drug in a race but has not stated they are surely it would be blatant that they have used a drug to enhance their performance. This may cause speculation and rumours about the athlete and even controversy over the topic or person. If one person is using the drug shouldn’t all of the athletes be using the drug so they are all at the same advantage as eachother?

• As long as the player isnt lying about not using enhancers, Its not a huge problem. Yeah there is an given advantage to that player, but if every player is allowed to use it and some choose not to, its not really unfair because they have the choice to.

• I think that thr person should reveal if he/she is taking drugs. So the game will be fair. The drug is mainly for boosting the person. So if one person is taking the drugs and other person is not taking then the game will be unfair. If there are are rules in the game that the person can take performance - enhancing drugs then it is oky if he is not informing. But if the rule is not there then the person should inform the coach or the manager. But i think people should use their own skills there is no need of doping.

• I think that players in the game called doping should tell or show other who want to see other wise some of them would over react that he/she has been putting effort to do something not knowing that others have different methods ,I say this because in this game called doping every body is allowed
    too use whatever means they want to ,to get energy to jump ,kick and even run that means there is no cheating because it is allowed . Action have consequences the players know what they are about to do which has its own consequences , doping has its own side effects which include stroke cerebral or pulmonary embolism ,so before any of these players use drugs they should have read the effects.

• I think that the athletes should reveal about performance-enhancing drugs because this clarity is essential for maintaining fairness and integrity in sports competitions. It shows that all athletes compete on a level playing field and helps to uphold the values of honesty and sportsmanship.

• HI,
    Athletes that take performance enhancing drugs have to reveal that to others because there is a reason that they take this drugs and I feel that if they make this reasons known, they can be helped because drugs can kill one and to avoid that state, they have to come out to the world so we ca help them. We should let them know that there is no need to take drugs to do sports, if you cannot do one, there are other sports that you can definately do, believe it and you will find it. As a sport person that I am, everyone can do any sport that they put their mind to do, do not feel hopeless stop taking drugs so that everyone including you can live.
    THANK YOU.

1. Hi straightforward_king -- just a quick clarification here: performance enhancing drugs are not necessarily illegal and dangerous substances. For example, some can be found in medications used to treat asthma or in some common sports drinks. Does this change your mind about anything?

1. Hi, Katie
        Many performance enhancing drugs aren't necessarily illegal. While they are dangerous to your health, and can affect your body in terrible ways, they are not illegal. As you mention, some drugs or steroids can be found in harmless items, for example, medication, and one that I learned yesterday, hair products. Hair products contain some PED's that could give you the same effect as regular PED's. Some of these types of drugs are illegal and dangerous as straightforward_king mentioned.
        Thank you!

• I have a balance of emotions. I say so because it is their own personal opinions to decide and so they can do whatever they like. It all depends on them if they want to share or not because everyone has their rights and should never be denied of.
    On the other hand,I think that they should let the other athletes know because if other athletes use these drugs, some may think those sports should no longer be regarded as sport because sports requires natural strength and efforts to play and so it is a competition needed to win. I also feel that if the other athletes know, we might not really have a lot of people in such sports again due to the situation of the drugs because most of them will leave.

• I think that people should not be told that have taken performance in enhanced because most countries like sport because of then suspense but if they hear that there are enhanced drugs no one would love sport.

1. Why do you think no one would like sport if performance enhancing drugs were involved?

1. I believe so because the enhance games in the next 10-30 years is going to become popular and it's going to attack athletes and swimmers etc but the problem remains that in that same future most people would be using it and if someone is trying to achieve something he or she can't because the drugs can't make you go beyond what they were meant for.
        Most people fin sport as something that brings vibes not old ones but. New ones that pops every day.

2. Hi, Harriet @ Topical Talk
        Using performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) in sports, like the Olympics, isn't fair. It takes away the fun and excitement because people might think the games are rigged. Just like playing a game with cheating, it ruins the spirit of fair play.

Organizations like the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) help keep sports fair by ensuring athletes follow the rules. Let's remember, sports are about having fun and playing fair. Thanks for listening😀

• I agree with "A" because athletes who use these performance-enhancing drugs get an unfair advantage, go against the fair spirit of competition by messing with fairness, and set a bad example for young athletes. So, telling others about using these drugs is really important to keep sports fair and make sure everyone has a fair chance. Additionally, it's crucial for athletes to be completely honest about their drug use. This helps keep them healthy and safe. If athletes know they can safely enhance their performance, they'll be more likely to ask doctors for help. This reduces the dangers of using these substances.
    This clearness also aids in watching and handling how these substances affect each athlete and the sports community overall. It helps take care of athletes for a long time and protects the honesty of sports.

• It is.true that a lot of athletes take performance enchanting drugs but should they reveal it?
    If they are already competing in my personal opinion they shouldn't.
    I think that if they reveal it their fans might start thinking that this the right thing to do.
    Also if they reveal it the world might start thinking that they always cheated and they will lose fans.
    Of course it is not the right direction sport games should follow because the wrong message is passed to the world.

• It's super important for everyone to know when athletes use performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs). This helps keep sports fair and makes sure that everyone has a chance to win fair and square. We should be able to enjoy watching sports without worrying about whether someone is cheating.
    Thanks!

1. The games would be set up so using PEDs wouldn't be seen as cheating. Does this change your mind?

1. Hello Hariet,
        I think when athletes use special drugs to do better in sports, it;s kinda like cheating, especially for the people watching. Plus, it can really hurt athletes later on.

But if everyone follows the rules of no using those drugs, then everyone gets a fair chance to do their best.
        That way, everyone can everyone can enjoy the games without feeling like someone is cheating.

So, it's important to play fair and make sure everyone has fun without any unfair advantages.
        Thanks for listening👍.

2. Hello Harriet, I would like to answer your question.
        I think that the usage of drugs would count as cheating because many of the athletes probably don't use them because they are in the games to show their skills. I also think this because many would hate the game because they allowed it. They are dangerous for many athletes. They can ruin their career. I hope that in the future they will ban its usage of it. So that everything would be fair.

• In my opinion in the first place athletes should not take enchanted drugs as they are role models for many young people. By supporting this movement that it's OK to take them it is a misleading conception to children that you can't do it on your own but only by taking illegal substances.
    Even themselves if they are exposed they may end up their career for not following the guidelines.
    For me it is the wrong direction one athlete should take. They need to be clean, healthy and honest.

• Hello Topical Talkers!
    I believe that athletes should disclose the fact that they have 'doped', or as I would've call it 'cheated', because it would only seem fair if the other person trusted his/her ability and decided to win by his/her own capability and not some artificial drug. Disclosing may prevent the opponent, who hasn't doped, feel the need of justice and disputes amongst the athletes later on..
    thank you!

• HELLO!
    I believe athletes should admit that they are boosting their abilities by taking performance-enhancing drugs. They should not cheat and they should always tell the truth.
    THANK YOU!

1. I agree because for example I performed doping during a football match to increase my goalkeeping abilities and my team ended up wining I would so e how feel bad because I cheated to win and not do it the hard way I think athletes shouldn't dope to increase their abilities by their self instead of cheating.

2. I agree with your decision and I also think that athletes should not take advantage of the use of drugs to win. I also think that these people need to admit to the public that they are taking enhancement drugs so that the athletes they are performing with will know the kind of people that they are competing against, that is, athletes with enhancement drugs in them. I think that the public should know so that they will know how to handle the people that they are dealing with and so that the people will be security conscious. I say this because the enhancement drugs can make the athletes go ballistic and this means that they may be out of control so the public need to be security conscious
      In conclusion, I think that the public should know for the other athletes so that they will know the kind of athletes that they are competing against

3. I strongly agree with you calm cloud. It would be nice to others when the athletes admit that they use performance enhancing drugs because when athletes hear the truth of everything, they won't feel bad and discourage but they would rather encourage themselves to do more in performing. It is also good to have the spirit of integrity.

• I think that athlete should not expose their doping habit.because if they allow people to know their performance will decrease

• I strongly believe that if an athlete uses PED's they are obliged to make this information public because, not only do they owe it to their supporters but also to their competitors. If a child looks up to an athlete and later finds out that his role-model used drugs to get the medal, the child would not only lose his faith in the athlete but also in fair and equal competition. In every sports we ensure that the criteria for judgement is the same for all athletes so that one can win solely on the basis of their skill and calibre. However, if an athlete uses drugs simply to enhance their performance they are compromising the integrity of the game, which is anything but true sportsmanship. It is unjust to those athletes who worked equally hard to win the game and deserve to know the circumstances under which their opponent won.
    Therefore, if athletes truly wish to win a game and show their prowess, they should do so while maintaining equity and integrity in the game.

• I think that athletes that take performance-enhancing drugs should always reveal this to the other players, because if not, their mates could feel inferior because they do not run, jump or whatever as well as the athlete that consumes drugs does, and it is very unfair.
    For example if the drugged player wins a competition and a non-drugged athlete wins the second place, he or she will be happy if he/she knows theat the one who has won is taking performance-enhancing drugs.
    On another note, I think that it would not be very pleasant and cooperative to keep the secret that you are consuming drugs for winning the competition to your teammates, because I think it is more important to have fun playing than damaging your health just for winning a trophy or a medal.

• In my opinion, disclosing the fact that an athlete is using performance-enhancing drugs is important for several reasons:

1. Ethical Fairness: Keeping other players in the dark about the use of performance-enhancing drugs can demotivate them and make them feel inferior and incapable. It's essential for maintaining a level playing field where success is determined by talent, hard work, and strategy.

2. Health and Safety: If an athlete suffers adverse effects from such drugs, immediate and appropriate medical treatment can be compromised if the medical team is unaware of the substance use. Full disclosure ensures the health and safety of the athlete are prioritized.

3. Adherence to Rules: In competitions where performance-enhancing drugs are banned, such as the Olympics, it's crucial to respect and follow these regulations. Failure to do so undermines the integrity of the sport and disrespects competitors who comply with the rules.

• It shod be out of the question, athletes should follow the rules of the sport competition and not use substances that are not permitted. This is like cheating. They have to depend on their strength and willingness to succeed. This is a fair game for everyone and their duty to conform to rules.It should not be kept as a secret.
    This means that you are not respectng the opponent and you only have in your mind how to succeed in any possible way.

• When dealing with the Enhanced Games , I don't think that athletes should tell other people that they take the drug enhancements because nowadays people do some very shady things just that they could win . For Example, people may lie on someone about what type of drugs they are taking which can really hurt someones career and trust with other people. So in this generation , most people don't care about hurting and ruining someones career. That's why I agree with athletes not telling people if they do/take drug enhancements .

• I decided to go ahead and choose the first option. I think any athlete that takes performance enhancing drugs should tell everyone. It should be known to the public.
    If an athlete does take drugs and does not tell anyone, he or she will be getting false glory. People will think that they are doing everything on their own, with their own abilities and by their own efforts and hard work . People will be deceived into thinking that they are doing everything on their own. This does not really seem fair to me, especially when we are considering the other athletes that do not use such drugs. They may feel like they are not training enough and push themselves to unimaginable extents, not knowing that the other have been given a boost by the drugs. When other people are ignorant about what is going on, there will be misinformation such as the athlete using the performance enhancing drugs secretly being rumored to be a superhuman. I believe that everyone has the right to know.

• In my perspective, I believe that taking performance- enhancing drugs doesn't define your athletistic worth and if someone has put sweat and effort in what he is doing, then with or without enhancing drugs they can achieve the best result possible. However, if I were the athlete, I wouldn't reveal it to my opponents as this could make them think that I didn't train hard enough or I would succeed only because I had this kind of "help". In case I had won, the other athletes would probably find the way I won unfair and why not they might even cause uprisings due to my "cheating" technique. Thus, I wouldn't give this information to anyone and I would rather keep it to myself and only. Besides, if an athlete can use performance- enhancing drugs, everyone else can as it is not against the rules so it is not worth preventing someone when we might even do it ourselves.

• I think that people should know whether or not the athletes are taking drugs. Some people take athletes as role models for them and would want to be strong and fast like them. They would try everything they got just to realize that their "role model" takes drugs. People should also know the truth to actually see if they are being fair or not. Taking drugs to win a competition reveals their whole personality and characteristics. If the athletes are actually talented and have tried their best to be prepared and compete, then they shouldn't have to take any drugs at all.

• Regardless of revealing or not, who would believe them? The current trend on Tik-Tok and Instagram is for people to say they are natural "Natty" when they are obviously not. The whole point of drug testing is to avoid this and ensure a fair playing field for competitors. If you are competing in a competition with allowed drug enhanced athletes and win, what would that say about your position on taking performance enhancing drugs if you had denied it? Lance Armstrong "Won" the Tour de France seven times "Clean" and none of the other athletes could beat him. If they had, what would that say about them now? How do those competitors who came second and lost out on the prize money, fame and recognition feel about a lack of transparency. If you compete in these games, declaring your status on doping becomes irrelevant and all of your future performances should be marked as "drug assisted" as the current scientific evidence suggests an athlete can benefit from the benefits of doping for many years after stopping their consumption and then testing clean. This is unfair.

• I believe that athletes should disclose the fact whether they are using performance enhancing drugs because it is practically a form of cheating. Using drugs such as steriods to make there game performance better means that they are being unfair and have an advantage over the other team. If everybody was welcome to use perofrmance enhancing drugs pherhaps it would be different as everyone can gain the same advantage but this also would mean said games would lose there purpose. Games or sport are about you own personal skills and the level of those skills but if everyone starts taking drugs is it truly still just about skill ? no , it would not .

• Yes I agree that is a personal choice but a choice that affects not only the one who made it but all the people around them. If you use enchanted drugs you are not playing fair and you have an advantage that others don't have.
    So yes you have to reveal it but at the first place you shouldn't have done it too.

• I think the person should not disclose that he or she has taken the performance enhancing drugs . Because before the game, other athletes will have no courage to participate, as they will believe that the one who has taken the drugs will only win.
    Revealing this would make chaos in the whole area and will disturb the mental state of the other athletes too. it will divert the mind and they won’t be able to participate and give there hundred percent.
    Apart from this, it will also not be good for the person was taken the performance, enhancing drugs because it is risky for their life, and it will destroy the immune system as well as strength, because you are taking an outsource for building it……..

1. Hey, glorious_truth. You changed my mind about it! At first, I thought we should reveal it for people to know who you truly are, but once you think about it, there are some negative effects afterwards. If they just keep it to themselves, then there wouldn't be any conflict with each other or drama at all. Everybody would be in peace. But even so, it would also mean that they are tricking hundreds of people into thinking that they are just naturally talented like that. It wouldn't be fair for other athletes.

• In my opinion people should know because what if a child wants to grow up to be an athlete but they don't know that they are destroying there body with the drugs that they are taking also what if that child trained all life but not good enough because they don't want to take the drugs

1. You make a really interesting point about athletes feeling not good enough without performance enhancing drugs. It's important to point out when you are talking about drugs that are intended to enhance athletic performance, but you are right that these come with some risks too.

• I believe athletes must tell people if they are using these drugs because young people who like sports especially ones like rugby and weight lifting will be discouraged if they see these people doing this with extra help and don't know that. People need to be inspired by those who aren't using these enhancing drugs which we sometimes forget about in the industry as they are hidden by those who do it with the drugs advancing ahead. This information could make competitions more fair to those who have tried and do not rely on these things to actually get something from their hard work that we completely forget about.

• I agree with articulate moment because doping is the act of using illegal drugs during sports.Doping is wrong because it is cheating and will give somebody an advantage over another person,doping will make people so lazy they will not want to train because the will depend on enhanced drugs.Some people sweat everyday to train an work hard and it will give a disadvantage to those who work hard.People should use what the have physically to win because it will continue to increase their ego.

• I believe that players should disclose their drug use publicly. This is because players at the Enhanced Games could give inspiring athletes a false belief on what they can do. Making people believe that they can do the things these enhanced players can do can lead to disappointment, or even injury. There could be people that are allergic to the performance enhancing drugs or just don't want to take them. If they do disclose their drug use inspiring athletes can be sure what they cant and what they can do.

• I think that they should tell the public about it, I feel that if they tell the public then the public would be expectant of many things that can happen, taking enhancing drugs can expose the athletes to many problems like, laziness, mental issues like, amnesia, uncontrollable emotions like rage bursts and many others, drugs can also create addictions and drug abuse, if the athletes reveal the fact that they are using these drugs would help the public know how to react to the things that could happen.

• I think people shouldn't use drugs because it's not fair on gold medalist because now they have to work harder but people who take drugs don't have to work hard . Also maybe some drug takers have won gold medals.It also makes it a completion of wealth so rich people can buy more

• Hi there!
    Yes, athletes who take performance-enhancing drugs should be required to reveal that information to relevant authorities, such as sports governing bodies, event organizers, and medical personnel. Transparency regarding the use of performance-enhancing substances is essential for maintaining the integrity and fairness of sports competitions. Revealing the use of performance-enhancing drugs allows for proper monitoring, testing, and enforcement of anti-doping regulations. It ensures a level playing field for all athletes by deterring cheating and unethical behavior that undermines the principles of fair competition.

Furthermore, disclosing the use of performance-enhancing drugs promotes athlete safety by enabling medical professionals to provide appropriate care and monitor potential health risks associated with such substances. It also fosters accountability and transparency within the sports community, reinforcing ethical standards and promoting trust among athletes, fans, and stakeholders. Overall, requiring athletes to reveal their use of performance-enhancing drugs is essential for upholding the integrity, fairness, and safety of sports competitions while preserving the values of honesty and fair play.

• I was in the middle as if the athlete is taking part in the Enhanced games then that person doesn't need to reveal that because they are in the Enhanced games that allow drugs to be used. Furthermore, if that athlete is not in the Enhanced games and is taking part in the normal olimycs then they will be tested and this will be revealed weather they like it or not. Moreover, if that person is in the enhanced games then that person should know that everyone surrounding them has had a drug or two too. So if the athlete reveals it there then everyone will just act normal.

• Ok so let's be honest, drugs are a serious issue and many athletes have been banned for drugs. For example, the French sensation Paul Pogba who plays for Juventus, was banned for four years after using drugs. Drugs are nothing new when it comes to athletics, athletes use it all the time. But I still think people should be not aware of it. Athletes only make the money because fans watch them so if fans find out their favorite athletes use enhancing drugs, they will simply lose interest because after all they are 'cheating'. And it can also break the heart of young fans who look up to these athletes. To be sincere,

• To be sincere, I do not even think drugs should be allowed, what happened to when athletics was all about talent not cheating? Now you cannot even trust anyone again, and not to even mention it ruins the image of those who actually have true talent because now once you play well you are accused of drugs. So I think drugs in general should not be allowed, and since some already are, I think the public should not know like I said it ruins the image of those who actually have true talent because now once you play well you are accused of drugs.

• According to me the athletes should definitely reveal the fact that they are using performance enhancing drugs. This should be because there might be many athletes who are playing the traditional way by not using drugs and they could feel insecure and that they are not as good as the others but most probably the ones better than them were playing so well because they were on drugs. This will result in low self esteem of athletes who chose to play with their own strength and not from one given to them by any drug. Another reason they should reveal it is because they would technically be lying about it and that would be unfair and unjust, as these athletes would be consuming these drugs it will obviously make them stronger than the rest so if they are made to play against someone who has not consumed these drugs, the athletes with the consumption of the drug would have a higher chance of winning.

• The first option is for athletes to disclose their performance enhancing drug use to the public, as it can lead to false glory and misinformation. Doping is considered cheating and can give an advantage to one person, making them lazy and less likely to train. Players should disclose their drug use publicly to prevent disappointment, injury, and potential allergic reactions. It is also important to be aware of potential problems such as laziness, mental issues, and addictions. By disclosing their drug use, athletes can help the public understand their limitations and potential consequences. Furthermore, it helps the public understand how to react to potential issues such as addiction and drug abuse. Overall, everyone has the right to know about performance enhancing drug use.

• Hello scholars,
    Athletes who use performance-enhancing drugs should reveal that to others. Sports are extremely competitive, and winning does depend on the physical skills someone has. It would be unfair to the athletes who don't use performance-enhancing drugs to be held to the same expectations as athletes who have more help. Why? because it is their body, their choice, and using performance-enhancing drugs is a choice. Being at a disadvantage because of not wanting to use performance-enhancing drugs would be unfair.
    Some people might say using performance-enhancing drugs is just a different way of training, so they are equal to all athletes. Athletes should train in the way that best works for them, but regular training is not the same as training while using performance-enhancing drugs. Mostly because the positive effects you get from performance-enhancing drugs are a shortcut to your goal, no training is going to give you that same shortcut to your goal. Thank you!

• I think that they should have to disclose their status, whether or not they're doping. Because if they keep it a secret, then go against someone who hasn't ever taken any performance enhancers, then they would undermine the core values of sport. Which are, sportsmanship, hard-work, motivation, and in team sports, teamwork. And it would be unfair to boast that you won a gold medal, or beat a record, when in reality, it wasn't you who broke the record, it was you and how ever many performance enhancers you took that broke the record or won the race. Not just that, but if you were playing a sport like soccer for example, and you were surprisingly the fastest and strongest on the pitch, your teammates would want to know the source of your skill and prowess. And if you were all natural, or fueled by hard-work, they would be inspired and it would motivate them to improve their skill, which is all what having a team is about, being able to support and inspire each other. But if you were doping, and you kept it a secret, but then one day they found out about your performance enhancers, the team would fall apart, they would feel you cheated, because you really did, and they would feel that you're not even that good, you're just someone pumped with drugs. So even if you are doping, at least uphold one of the values of sport, by being honest.

• I think athletes that take performance - enhancing drugs have to reveal that to others.
    Sports competitions main purpose is to play it fairly. Without any cheating. Revealing the use of performance enhancing drugs ensures fairness in sports. It allows all athletes to compete on an equal footing. It helps to maintain the integrity of the competition. Also, performance enhancing drugs are risky for both our minds. If they reveal it to others then professionals can take care of their health. This protects the health and safety of the athletes. Even, it also maintains the long-term integrity of their physical and mental well-being.
    Moreover, Disclosing the use of performance-enhancing drugs contributes to anti-doping efforts. By openly acknowledging their use of such substances, it becomes easier to detect and deter the use of banned substances in sports. By revealing that they used performance enhancing drugs, they show that they are willing to be accountable for their actions and promote a culture of honesty and integrity.By acknowledging their past actions, athletes can take steps towards rehabilitation and contribute to the prevention of others from making similar choices.

• Yes they should reveal it .It also matters if they are allowed to take the drugs. Some feel guilty about it some they feel they have a burden their backs because they used drugs to win.If the game allows it will not be a problem.When they reveal they used drugs it won't affect any person that is their.in conclusion it won't be a problem.

• I think they should have to reveal it because of the fact that if they do not reveal it other athletes could notice this and try to push themselves too far, however they would still not be able to reach their level because they do not know that they are taking drugs and if they know they are taking drugs they will not push themselves too far to look like they are better than others. It would also be bad to hide it because if you are a new athlete you can just hide the fact you are using drugs and get famous because all the other athletes who have been training their whole lives for this would have a disadvantage because they aren't as fast or strong as you.

• YES the audience should know because the whole point of the games is to see who has the most "skill". It's also a way for the audience to be able to judge the athlete. Yet we may not be able to tell if the athlete really has extreme raw strength or if it's just drugs.

• I believe that an athlete shouldn't have drugs before playing a sports competition because this gives them the unfair advantage of winning medals. Drugs can be of any type but still is an unfair way of winning a game, Sportspeople must be checked to be sure that they haven't taken drugs. Competitions like the Olympics are the best examples where we get to know that the competition is fair and no one has taken drugs these competitions highlight the real potential of a person and the winner can not be doubted. Whereas if you take drugs first it gives you some unfair advantage and the other winner can be doubted and no real winner can be classified on its potential. Thus if a sportsperson has taken drugs he must tell and don't do that again.

• Games have rules and rules should be followed in order to instill equality. Anything opposite done for me is against sport philosophy.
    And if we allow the use ofvthese drugs to top athletes it will soon find his way down to the level of your kids.
    The truth is we realize that these enchanted drugs are unfortunately around sports for a long time. If a top athlete hasn't been caught by revealing it he will know that he will be banned from the game.
    The reality is that some companies are having profit thrigh this and I am it sure if they will ever stop producing them.

• We believe that people should have to declare if they are taking performance enhancing drugs as this is not in the nature of sportsmanship. People train hard and for long periods of time to be able to compete at the top level and people then taking performance enhancing drugs are coming along and claiming the awards . These games say that people don't have to declare their choices but if they knew this was a right choice they wouldn't feel the need to be secretive about it. Children and adults look up to sports people and them willingly taking enhancing drugs is not a good role model as it promotes not working and training hard for the final results.

• I don't agree with players enhanced drugs because if it is banned people shouldn't take it. Although enhanced drugs are not banned in enhanced games I think it's still not a good idea as the drugs could possibly come with side-effects as it is a drug i do not think its good for you.

1. I respectfully disagree with you because It us truly not fair to other opponents that they lose to games because of people who buy and can afford drugs. This makes the game unfair and at the end of the macth people lose to various of people buying drugs.

• I believe those who do use enhancment drugs must come clean to the public because as we know, especially with the young generation, people look up to athletes and those in sports as insperations for what they want to achieve without relising what they are not being completely honest. Young people have huge desires to become athletes and may be discouraged when they cant match those who do use enhansment drugs even though they are better on a normal level without the advantages. We must have athletes tell people if they are using this because it will effect others self image if they always end up behind others not knowing the truth of their situations. This is not just for competitions being fair but for those younger knowing who to truly believe and support during events like this as well as their own goals in the future.

• People should reveal they are using drugs because other athletes that train very hard are sometimes let down by people who use drugs and don't train at all. Also it makes it a competition of wealth due to richer people buying more drugs because poorer people (who don't have that much money) can't win medals because of richer people who can buy more drugs and use it to win medals such as gold, silver and bronze medals. This makes it unfair and people don't get the opportunity to win and achieve their goals.

1. That's a very valid point! What are some other reasons against taking performance enhancing drugs?

1. Hi, Molly O
        There are many reasons against taking performance enhancing drugs. One example, is that these types of drugs are illegal. Another reason why is because these drugs can give you a boost for a period of time but after that boost, they can damage your body. These drugs can affect your health and your body with negative effects. It can also give them an unfair advantage. Other players try their best, while you are cheating by using these drugs. Thank you.

2. Hi, Molly O
        There are many reasons against taking performance enhancing drugs. One example, is that these types of drugs are illegal. Another reason why is because these drugs can give you a boost for a period of time but after that boost, they can damage your body. These drugs can affect your health and your body with negative effects. It can also give them an unfair advantage. Other players try their best, while you are cheating by using these drugs. Thank you.

• I think that the people should reveal if they are taking the Enhanced Games drugs. I say that because if something goes wrong during or just before or after the event such as falling or shaking, the people running the competition or the doctors there would know why all of these things are happening and the participant can be taken care of.

• I think athletes should inform people that you are using drugs to enhance your ability. I think this because it could be cheating or unfair to people not using it. Imagine you are running a race,you trained very hard and are confident that you will win. Then you lose to someone using performance-enhancing drugs. Also what if the drugs develop a health issue. You would need doctors to monitor you. There are too many medical issues to ignore and start doing all of these sports. Also the game is going to be less interesting and more predictable. If this is true games would make less money and they would have to put a strict ban on doping. Doping isn't fair and shouldn't be allowed because getting medals and dazzling awards is just pay to win at this point. In this scenario, it is like an auction where the most money spent gets the trophy. Sports is about skill,teamwork,etc not who spends the most money or get the most amount of performance enhancing drugs. But most importantly, having fun and letting other people have fun.We can do this as a community by following the rules of the game. So let's band together and say "NO" to doping.

• Hello! , I chose that athletes should have to say if they are performance enhancers. You might disagree with me but i see this from both perspectives, i think players should disclose if they are on enhancers because if they don't it might lead to unfair games because of crazy advantages, and this could degrade another players hard work. Don't get me wrong i do think that when using performance enhancers safely it can be pretty cool and can show how capable someone really is, but they should make it known to other players. I also believe they should not be looked upon as bad because of what they take but instead embraced.

• Yesterday, my father told me that a popular footballer named Paul Pogba was banned from playing football for life because he was found guilty of using enhancing drugs. I think that athletes that are using enhancing drugs should receive such kind of punishments and even worse because if someone feels nothing big will be done if they get caught, they will continuously use it. It wouldn’t seem fair to the other opponents that they compete against. If actions like that is not taken to stop the use of enhancing drugs, athletes will never learn the true essence of competing fairly in sports.

• Hello everybody,
    I think that athletes who use performance enhancing drugs should tell everyone else. Because performance-enhancing drugs are prohibited for certain sports. In this case, if a player is taking performance enhancing drugs, it should be reported to the authorities. Because then it will be against the law. If a performance-enhancing drug is banned for a sport and the player takes it and tries to hide it from the public, the player can also be jailed. This may cause the competitive situation to go out of control. However, if performance-enhancing drugs are not banned in competition, the player may not disclose them. But in my opinion it would be a good and honest man's act to reveal it to all. This will also make the player aware of the correct rules and will not hesitate to do such things in the future. Hope I was able to understand everyone. This is just my own personal opinion.
    THANKS.

• The question of whether athletes taking performance-enhancing drugs should reveal it is subjective. Some may argue for transparency, citing fair competition and ethical concerns, while others might emphasize personal privacy. Ultimately, the stance may depend on individual values and perspectives. In the context of the Enhanced Games, the choice to disclose the use of performance-enhancing drugs is presented as a personal decision. The website acknowledges that some individuals may prefer privacy, framing enhanced status as a private matter. It underscores the supportive environment of the Enhanced Games, particularly for those facing hostility in other sporting arenas. Though it is a matter of personal privacy, I think if any of the athletes use performance-enhancing drug then should reveal it. Otherwise, anybody will naturally feel cheated. By using drugs in games to enhance performance is making the game

• I think everybody should know about an athlete using drugs or not. If everybody knows, they know if they've earned that spot or not. I feel like this could create some really respected athletes because if everybody knows they are not using drugs against people who are, it actually shows the limits of the human body.

• Enchanted drugs use substances that are not so friendly to our body. Steroids and any hormone can disfunction the way our body works and this is not a negative thing.
    If you want however to take enchanted drugs it could be considered a personal choice only when affects you and not your performance in comparison to other athletes.
    As a result this is an unfair play game and at the first play you shouldn't have thought of taking let alone revealing it.

• I feel that athletes who take performance enhancing drugs should come out and reveal that they are using the drugs. As a fellow athlete, my coach has always told me, if your going to do something, do it confidently and do it with pride. With this mindset, I think if the athletes did not reveal that they are using the drugs, it would not only take away the pride from their work, but it will also seem like they did not take any drugs, and the things they performed were solely from lots of practice. In other words, If you are bold enough to use the drugs, you should be bold enough to tell other people that you are using the drugs.

• I think it's right to reveal that you use enchanting drugs because it's legal to use them in Enchanting games as well as it's illegal to use them in other sports like the Olympics because it causes problems that lead to be a disaster such as

1:Heart deasises and attacks Increased heart rate and blood pressure.

2: kidney issues.

3: Anxiety.

If you watched the Olympics it's certain to know these players Anna Alminova,Mary Akor, and Basley Alessandra Aguilar are all caught using enchanting drugs which is illegal.
    As a conclusion, I think it's illegal to use it, nevertheless in enchanting games it's okay but you need to say that you use it so other people know that they were working hard as much as they can and everyone gave as good as he got instead of you.

• I think that athletes that take performance-enhancing drugs must reveal it to the others. The first reason for my option is that although there is not any physical trace of them, when they start the games or sports, people are going to see the difference, as maybe, they are going to run fast or make sports better than the rest, or they are going to be less tired than the others who do not consume performance-enhance drugs. Secondly, as I have said before, people are going to see it, so, games would not be fair and maybe, they could receive negative comments about it. Finally, I think that they need to tell it to be fair to others and for not taking any advantage, so they would show more respect and education to others, which is one of the most important things.

• Hi topical talkers. ultimately,decision of whether athletes should be required to disclose the use of PED is a matter of balancing competing interests, such as fair competition, health concerns, privacy rights and maintaining the integrity of sports. The stance on this issue varies across different sports and organizations because some judges as too strict to allow you to take any thing before the competition. To make competition fair and reduce the use of performance enhancing drugs I suggest we use strengthen anti doping measures, provide comprehensive education on the risk of doping, impose stricter penalties, invest in improved drug testing technology, protect whistleblowers this are the least I know and we
    should try our best to play fairly without cheating or taking any source of drugs or drinks that make us super energetic before performing this is really bad and that's why I suggest we impose stricter penalties to any one caught taking any form of energy drinks or drugs.

1. I agree that certain rules to prohibit the use of enhanced drugs can lead to a fair game. When no one uses drugs they will rely slowly on their natural strength and abilities. This promotes fairness in sports and we should take care of our bodies and ensure we play fairly. Thank you for sharing your thoughts

1. I agree that implementing rules against the use of performance enhancement drugs would make sports more interesting and allow athletes to compete to the best of their abilities without feeling cheated. Also such rules would protect athletes from the potential harm and addiction that can result from using this drugs.

2. Your welcome indeed I can understand how you view it and it is really understandable because its better to rely on your natural strength and ability rather than getting it from peds. Indeed our bodies are remarkable machines capable of immense growth and achievement through hard work, dedication and discipline. By embracing the natural limit of our human potential we not only cultivate inner strength but also promote fairness and integrity in the pursuit of excellence.
        If we really want this to stop we should consider some of this useful to stop the use of peds.

Promote natural abilities. Educate on risks. Share positive role models. Prioritize long-term health. Foster support. Celebrate uniqueness. Set goals.

• I think that people should know when an athlete is using enhanced drugs because if not it is not going to be fair. You can take on of those drugs and have a better performance but imagine the case you became a popular idol for many young people and this people try to train like the athlete with enhanced drugs. They would become sad and lose hope thinking they are not able but the real thing is that they do not use drugs when the other athlete yes. So this topic develops and expands to young people also, not only in the competition. Even though if someone is taking drugs in a team, then that person has the responsibility to admit it and confess because he is not going to win but the team is going to. Finally, this last comment I said, is important because it is not the same feeling to win in a fair and disciplined way that winning with enhancing drugs.

• Good day to all,
    In my perspective, I think that the athelete should reveal that they are using performance-enhcanced drugs,it is because if they would not reveal that what medium they are using in the enhanced games so the people who are playing it honestly it would be unfair for them and it would be a disrespect for their hardwork, honesty abd many more.
    Thank you!

1. How do you think people would react if they know they were using performance enhancing drugs?

1. Hello Eva,
        I think that people would feel horrible because it's cheating. I say this because if they use drugs they will probably be winning and that isn't fair to the athletes who came to the game to show their skills and don't want to cheat. The people want a fair game, but the games are allowing this which for me is bad. As a fan of this game, I would feel betrayed by the game in general.

1. I absolutely agree to you engaging_twilight , it is because not only me and you like to play fairly but all of us like to play fairly and when we get to know about the cheating so it more horrible and our trust on that particular game will be vanished , so at last we should always play fairly and then also some people cheat so always try to teach them a lesson.
          Thank you!

• No I do not think that people should know about the enhanced games because it is actually bad to their health and their mental health. If you compare 2 athletes side by side one that takes drugs and one that doesn't take drugs them one that doesn't take drugs looks a lot better than the one that takes the drugs.
    The drugs that the people take to win are just unreal. It is better not take drugs than to take drugs.
    THANK YOU.

1. Hello, topical talkers.
      I concur with the point stated by "approachable_climate" and would also like to oppose the fact that permits individuals to use performance enhancing drugs. Though such drugs have their advantages which athletes may find very useful, they should also be aware of their disadvantages.
      Performing enhancing drugs are said to increase muscle mass and strength. On the contrary, they also have the following disadvantages:

1) Problems with the heart and proper flow of blood which gives a high tendency for heart failure which is simply when the heart is unable to pump enough blood to other body parts which could eventually lead to death.

2) Such substances are said to increase the rate of glucose regulation in the body which could lead to fainting and other complex health related issues.

3) It is also stated that these substances could affect our mental health with cases like unnecessary anxiety attacks.

In conclusion, we should believe in ourselves and use our abilities to the fullest as performance enhancing drugs have more negative effects than positive effects.

THANK YOU.

• In my opinion i think athletes that take performance enhancing drugs should reavel to other people because of the potential risk associated with the enhanced drugs this is because when someone has a problem ts shared with others because others can advice them protect and help them stop the use of enhanced drugs this these drugs have a positive and negative advantage when the negative outweighs the positive it is best shared to close relatives who could protect your dignity and pride and help solve those problems this why ot is said a problem shared is problem solved a problem kept is not for you safety and health it is best shared nd ot will be my advice to stay away from those drug
    Thank You -😁

• I believe that athletes can not reveal the use of enchanted drugs for only one reason!
    They know from the very first time that using enchanted drugs is illegal so why reveal it afterwards?
    They need to know that anything illegal is unfair to the other competitors so if they reveal it afterwards tbe consequences are going to be strict for them

• In my own believe I think alking about whether athletes should tell others if they are using special stuff to make them better at sports is a bit tricky, especially when everyone has different opinions. Some people think it's important for athletes to tell everyone if they are using these special things, called performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs), to keep things fair and honest. Others say it's up to the athletes to decide because it's their own body and privacy is important.
    In the Enhanced Games, where athletes are allowed to use PEDs, they get to choose whether or not they want to tell people about it. This means they have the freedom to keep it private if they want. But, there are some important things to think about when we talk about this.
    When athletes don't tell others they are using PEDs, it can make things a bit tricky. It might not seem fair if some athletes have an advantage from using PEDs and others don't. So, some people say it's better for everyone to know if someone is using PEDs to keep things fair for everyone playing the game.
    Another important reason why some people think athletes should tell others about PEDs is because it helps to stop cheating and makes sure everyone is playing by the rules. When athletes know they have to tell people if they are using PEDs, it can make them think twice about cheating, which is really important for keeping sports fair and fun for everyone.
    But, there's also the other side of the story. Some athletes might feel scared or worried about telling others they are using PEDs. They might be afraid of being treated differently or getting into trouble. And if athletes are scared to talk about it, it could make it harder to help them if they need support or if they are having problems because of using PEDs.
    So, it's a bit of a balancing act. We want to make sure sports are fair and honest, but we also want to respect athletes' privacy and make sure they feel safe and supported. Maybe the best way to do this is by having clear rules and giving athletes the choice to talk about PEDs if they want to, but also making sure they know they can get help if they need it. That way, everyone can enjoy playing sports together in a fair and fun way.

• In my own believe I think alking about whether athletes should tell others if they are using special stuff to make them better at sports is a bit tricky, especially when everyone has different opinions. Some people think it's important for athletes to tell everyone if they are using these special things, called performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs), to keep things fair and honest. Others say it's up to the athletes to decide because it's their own body and privacy is important.
    In the Enhanced Games, where athletes are allowed to use PEDs, they get to choose whether or not they want to tell people about it. This means they have the freedom to keep it private if they want. But, there are some important things to think about when we talk about this.
    When athletes don't tell others they are using PEDs, it can make things a bit tricky. It might not seem fair if some athletes have an advantage from using PEDs and others don't. So, some people say it's better for everyone to know if someone is using PEDs to keep things fair for everyone playing the game.
    Another important reason why some people think athletes should tell others about PEDs is because it helps to stop cheating and makes sure everyone is playing by the rules. When athletes know they have to tell people if they are using PEDs, it can make them think twice about cheating, which is really important for keeping sports fair and fun for everyone.
    But, there's also the other side of the story. Some athletes might feel scared or worried about telling others they are using PEDs. They might be afraid of being treated differently or getting into trouble. And if athletes are scared to talk about it, it could make it harder to help them if they need support or if they are having problems because of using PEDs.
    So, it's a bit of a balancing act. We want to make sure sports are fair and honest, but we also want to respect athletes' privacy and make sure they feel safe and supported. Maybe the best way to do this is by having clear rules and giving athletes the choice to talk about PEDs if they want to, but also making sure they know they can get help if they need it. That way, everyone can enjoy playing sports together in a fair and fun way.

• Athletes shouldn't fron the start take enchanted drugs . But if they do, then the right thing is to reveal that they have taken.
    I think that won't happen because if they reveal it they won't let them take part in the competition.
    I think in the first place their coaches should advice them what is right or wrong before they were put in this position.
    In my opinion taking drugs that are not permitted is like you don't belive in your own strength ,you think you can outsmart others. So this is all a mistake.

• I think that it depends on not only the athletes but also the performance they are willing to participate in. If the athletes are physically or mentally disabled they can take support o drugs but only if drugs are allowed by the performance holders, if it is valid then there is no issue if they even reveal it to others but if it is not allowed to consume drugs then the performers should firstly not take drugs and even then if they are taking they should not reveal at all Or else their reputation is in great danger and also the reputation of the country they are representive which can effect long term loss for them

• I think that athletes should reveal it because if they don't, everybody will think that they are so good at sports because of their training but in reality they will just be lying on their faces.
    I also think that boosting them and giving them extra power is considered an unfair advantage unless the rules permit that kind of things.

• Hello,
    I think they should have to reveal to other athletes that they are taking enhancing drugs .
    I think this this because the other athletes have a right to know that their competitors may have a advantage either on speed , agility or strength .
    This is because the other athletes that do not take the enhancing drugs will know they will have to train harder in that one field of work .
    I think they should have to do this or else it would be an unfair advantage and that means they would win in that sport in a unethical way .
    Other people may think that they should not have not to tell other athletes that they are taking enhancing drugs .
    They may think this because if you are in the enhanced games all athletes will know that people may be taking them and they have still chose to compete without them .
    This would mean the race is still fair as they have a free choice if they want to do it or not .
    Overall I think that other athletes have to tell if they are taking enhanced drugs so it is a even and fair playing field .
    Thank you for reading,
    Good day .

• Because athletes have already taken these drugs which are against the rules, they shouldn't reveal it afterwards.
    That because, people will start hating these athletes or even tell bad comments about them which will put them in a very difficult situation.
    Last but not least their career may be destroyed and they will lose all the achievements they have won.
    So by revealing it , they will.get a bad reputation and they could be either excluded it from the next international games.

• Hey
    In my own opinion I think that people taking enhanced drugs should not allow people to know that you are taking enhanced drugs. Again when people know that you are taking enhanced drugs it makes them fill that the reason while people win is because of enhanced drugs might cause conflict/violence and can aso lead to injury and death. It is advisable that if you are a player do not discuss or expose to orders that you are taking enhanced drugs. But there are some disadvantages of enhanced drugs, when you take lot of enhanced drugs it can cause death. In conclusion I will say, do not take lot of enhanced drugs so that it can prolong you life sparn.

1. I think if a competition allows drugs people won't fight if some is or is not taking drugs if their open about it because it's everyone's own choice if their gonna take that opportunity. If they have a problem with it they shouldn't participate in a competition that allows drugs.

• I disagree with contemplative fly because some players have been trying to stop using enhancing drugs but the could not stop by them selves this is one reason why they should reveal it because they have close friends who can help them stop their addiction.For the part where you said it will bring bad reputation I agree but if the do not reveal it the player might die because he will be taking overdose and it will be they managers fault,I will prefer revealing it early before something bad happens or the punishment will be to bad.

• Hi everyone!👋🏻👋🏻
    I wanted to share my thoughts on the topic of athletes using enhanced drugs. 🏋️‍♂️💊 Personally, I believe that it's important for athletes who use these drugs to be open and honest about it. This is because it creates a level playing field for all competitors. 🏆 When an athlete uses enhanced drugs and competes against someone who doesn't, it can lead to unrealistic standards and make the competition unfair. 🚫

Just like on the Economist platform class size could give an unfair advantage so people are separated, we need to separate athletes who use enhanced drugs from those who don't. This way, everyone can compete on the same level. It's crucial that we maintain the fairness and integrity of sports by ensuring that everyone has an equal chance to succeed. 🤝

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic! 😊👍

• I totally disagree because games are made for health, joy and to increase the reputation of a country. Drugs may ev
    en make the health of the athlete worse due to side-effects. Well I am totally against enhanced games and if you really want to increase the reputation of yourself and your country so work hard and taking drugs is equivalent to evading, let's take a real life example -
    I had my exam of science so I have taken amphatamines the drugs to study so if my teacher catches me taking drugs so this is cheating , if I can do why can't others do cheating ? so this is 100% unfair. And if my classmates knew they may criticise me. The same can occur with the athlete and the country who organized the event will be badly criticised. So that's the reason why I disagree taking drugs in sports.

• I think that if an athlete takes a performance-enhancing drug, others should know too. When an athlete takes a performance-enhancing drug, there would be something that happens to the body, either good or bad. They might only do better than the average person. Or they could get cardiac issues or brain damage. Knowing if an athlete took performance-enhancing drugs would identify the problem easier and determine if the drug should be banned for human protection. And, it makes the athlete seem less secretive and like they aren't hiding something. People watching the Enhanced Games already know that some of the athletes will be using performance-enhancing drugs so what's the harm in knowing which ones?

• I think athletes that take performance-enhancing drugs should reveal this to others because these drugs give them an advantage that athletes that are not taking them haven't got, and it is not fair for the rest of the athletes that are training hard to do their best to compete against others that are using drugs. Furthermore, the use of drugs is completely against the rules so in order to compete you should be sincere and admit that you are using drugs.

• If an athlete takes drugs that enhance their performance even if the rules of the competition allows it, I think they should definitely be open about it so that everyone knows what's going on if there's an injury or a problem of some sort. So I think they should be open about it for safety reasons.

• In my opinion, the decision is up to them. They could reveal it or not. But they wouldn't stop thinking they are doing something wrong. If they reveal it, they will be embarrassed, but they will be in peace with their owns. Also, if they don't reveal it and the competition is testing for drugs they could be banned and the humiliation will be grater. As a conclusion, if they reveal it, they will feel secure and comfortable, but they are on their right not revealing it, though it involves more dangers

• I think that using preformance enhancing drugs is unacceptable as it raises an unfair advantage especially at a professional level in sports as it could affect a score , make controversy and and give you or your team an undeserved win . In combat sports it could make a big difference like Jon Jones who won a chunk of his fights on steroids. A solution is like in many sports but should be introduced in more are drug tests and consequences if failed multiple times

1. What if everyone took performance enhancing drugs in a competition? Would that make it fair?

1. Perhaps if they were all taking the same drugs yet different ones could have different side effects and benifits also amount your taking but techinally it would be fair but that does not mean it is right . So in general it is unecsasary and does not showcase raw talent.Also if everyone was at equal talent because of the drugs there would be no competiton .

• I believe that athletes that take performance enhancing drugs should reveal that they are taking them because once the rest of the athletes know exactly what they're going against. Once they know if an athlete is taking those drugs they can figure out a way to make doing that sport more fair for everyone. Also if the public knows that athlete is taking performance enhancing drugs, they can make their own point of view and opinion on that player whereas not mentioning could be deceiving the audience.

1. Do you think that this would alter the publics' perception of an athlete?

• now yes some people would find my opinion controversial yet I feel that they shouldn't have to reveal it unless either told to or of personal reasons because if no one else cares and you are allowed to be who you are and what you are then it shouldn't matter to others that you are enhancing yourself to be your best self for your games. so in honesty it shouldn't matter in you reveal it or not but you shouldn't have to

• I chose 'Yes' because I belive that if people are doing Olympic games such as the enhanced games it would be mandatory to reveal it, but if it is the actual Olympics you shouldn't be taking the enhanments in the first place so you wouldn't have to reveal it. Taking enhancement drugs in the real Olympics is totally unfair to all the other athletes that worked hard to get into the Olympics and have actual talent, but if your an enhanced games athlete then you could take the easy way to winning but it would still be a slim chance as the real Olympics because of athletes who don't take enhancement drugs but are still good but not good enough for the Olympics so they went with the other version. Overall no matter if your in the enhanced games or actual Olympics you should never take drugs to make your performance better.

• In my opinion, the olympians that use performance enhance drugs should reveal themselves. I feel this way, because the other Olympians that are going against the person that is using doping are actually using their natural abilities while the person that is doping is not. It would be extremely unfair. To add on, eventually the person that doped would probably be caught. Take the Canadian former track sprinter, Ben Johnson, for example; he didn't reveal himself. However, when he got tested, it was said that he tested positive for doping. In my opinion, it would be best to reveal yourself, because there's a big possibility that the person that is doping would get their records, medals, and trophies took.

• I think that the contestants should tell other people that they use ability enhancing drugs. I think this because when these players get found out they get negative comments and hate. If players want to avoid this problem they should just tell people that they are using the drugs.

• I put ' Yes you should have to reveal it ' because I think it is bad that they take drugs and if they do win and everyone knows that they took drugs then they won't feel as proud than if they won because they worked hard so this might stop them from taking the drugs in the first place. Also I don't think it would be fun if you were watching people who take drugs, win a race because they cheated in and if they do win, I would want to know that I am cheering on what I think as a cheater.

• It really depends on the situation.
    You should let people know for your own health and safety because drugs are harmful and as well as people might be concerned and worry for you.
    Including that you could be taking illegal drugs.
    Furthermore if you sure they aren’t really harmful and no one is concerned for you it is your personal business if you’re taking them or not.

• I believe that athletes that take performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) should reveal that they take it to others. This is because if someone hides the fact that they are using PEDs and perform way better than them it may be unfair for the person not taking them. Furthermore it may demotivate some players because some may think how is the athlete so much better than me even after all the practice I have been doing or a similar situation. Than some athletes may hide there statistics and try to sell something using information claiming that their diet or workout is so much better but in reality they are taking PEDs to make their statistics go higher. So I think that athletes should tell not only other athletes to let them know but let everyone know so they don't sell false advertisements or demotivate other athletes.
    Thank you.

• I believe that those who take performance enhancing drugs should not have to expose this to others because it isnt much of anyone else’s business. However I do believe that they should be honest and open to their trainer or coach because if someone like the judges or other coaches or players find out then it will simply be worse then if they just tell a coach .

• I don't think that athletes that take performance-enhancing drugs have to reveal their secret to others because it is the athlete's choice whether or not they want to disclose this information to others and it is also their choice if they want to take the performance-enhancing drugs. The Enhanced Games does not care if you take these drugs because they don't separate people based on if they take the drugs or not. We also have to take into account that if other people find out that the athlete is taking performance-enhancing drugs, then this information would spread like wildfire. In conclusion, athletes shouldn't tell people if they take performance-enhancing drugs because of the negatives that comes with that information.

• Athletes that take performance-enhancing drugs should be required to show that to others because it would be unfair for individuals who strived and worked diligently to make it to where they currently are, and have to lose in the Olympic games because of someone using any kind of drug designed to boost one's performance. Instead, the person using performance enhancers should notify others about it, and thus possibly making the games more fair toward each player, such as adjusted rules or a specific point system designated for each player.

• I do not feel like athletes should be forced to reveal to the public whether or not they are using enhancing drugs. If one wishes to use enhancing drugs to improve their performance, that is their personal choice and they should not be forced to reveal that to the public. Even though it may be clear that one is using enhancing drugs considering they are competing in a game where the main focus is that performance improving supplements are allowed, they should not have to say whether or not they are taking advantage of that.

• I say no one has to ever tell something that they don't want to.If I was a performance enhancing drugs user I would be too ashamed to tell someone about the matter.And some people disagree with not being truthful and that is not a bad thing. The thing I'm saying is if a person feels they should be truthful that is not a bad thing and if a person does not want to be truthful than that is ok too.

• In my opinion, I believe that people should report on the athletes that are using performance enhancing drugs. I say this because those athletes who are cheating by using performance enhancing drugs would ruin the game due to the unfairness that the drugs bring. Especially in sporting games that don't allow performance enhancing drugs (for ex. The Olympics), should people always report cheating athletes who are using performance enhancing drugs. Performance enhancing drugs brings a huge unfairness with it. For example, hard working athletes that don't use performance enhancing drugs might feel that they're useless due to the cheating athletes.
    There is another example I have that is similar to the last one. The example is that when the cheating athletes easily beat the athletes that actually work honestly and hardly, the athletes will work harder until they're at their limit. But, the performance enhancing drugs give great amounts of speed, jumping and strength, which means that when the hard working athletes compete with the cheating ones, the hard working athletes would lose again. This is my opinion but I believe it would make the hard working athletes quit.

• Naturally, they must disclose it. This is what the Olympic Games are all about. sound mind and body.
    However, for the purpose for everyone to compete on an even playing field, you must be honest.
    Since it is against the rules, which everyone should abide by, an enhanced competition equates to dishonesty,just imagine how the other team mates suffer like the job of the footballers they run on the field for almost 90 minutes if substitutes don't come and tell me will taking drugs help you and benefit your team mates?.
    It's a constructive rivalry that requires a lot of practice and effort.
    A game's rules should be completely altered if it is based on drugs.
    Thank You!

• Yes, I think they should tell others so that we can educate them. When I say educate, I mean tell them why it is wrong and why they should stop. Drugs is a really bad idea especially for us the youths. It destroys a lot in the bod such as the fact that it could cause physical health risks, mental heath effects, depression, insomnia, impaired decision making etc. Also we all know that it is very important to prioritize the health and well-being of athletes and promote clean and fair competition. Doing drugs would just put their health on the line which a way to risky risk to take. Lastly sometimes, when an athlete takes these drugs, it could do the opposite of what it was meant to do. For example, you are about to score a goal when due to the drugs you get and instant migraine which would cause you to miss and cause a lot of drama including disgrace to the athlete for the fact that one, he or she missed a goal and also the fact that he or she does illegal drugs.

• I think that people that are taking drugs, doping themselves should always tell their competitors about it. It seems to me that it is unfair to the others competitors to not know which people are doping, as they can be confident and trust their competitors and then get a surprise. On the other hand, people that are not doping themselves, should understand in this enhanced games that it is a choice, and if you don't want to do it, it is fine, but I think you should respect the people that are doing it, as it is completely legal here and they are not doing anything wrong. But, also, I think it is impotant to know with who and with what drugs are you competing, to know what could you improve to have a chance of winning. And, also, what is important is to think abourt your team, as I think that people in your own team should know if you are taking drugs to win, and they can help you knowing that. I understand that you don't want your reputation or your honour to be damaged, but you are not doing anynothing wrong, so you don't have o be ashamed of a legal choice.

• The players should not disclose whether or not they are using drugs. Revealing the information can get the player in really bad trouble and ruin their reputation. But on the other hand if you don't tell you can get in really bad health problems.

• I said that they should tell others because the whole ranking system will be messed up if they don't.
    If the person that takes the ability enhancing drug wins the competition, it wouldn't be fair to the people that didn't take the drug because if the person had not taken the drug someone who did not take the drug may have won. This really bothers me because, sure if the enhanced games accept the person that took the drugs, then the person that took the drugs should have gone to take part in the enhanced games instead, why not make the ranking system fair so you don't destroy the courage and love that the more genuine athletes have for their sport. If a person wants to win the competition with drugs, then they should join the people that are also using the drugs so they will be on an equal level.

It is not fair to win a competition knowing that you have leverage over your opponents that is not hard work and practice.

• I think that athletes should tell if they have taken any performance-enhancing drugs as they can be huge advantages to athletes that take them and may frustrate other athletes thinking that the other ones are better than him/her with a huge diference

• I believe they should obviously tell people, it isn't fair otherwise! it wouldn't be skill just money!

1. Can you explain why it isn't fair?

• I believe that the athletes need to reveal to others if they have taken any performance enhancing drugs. I really don't get it how does it come to a personal factor when you are taking performance enhancing drugs. In a competition, you are competing by taking performance enhancing drugs which you have not reveal and another candidate is competing with his true potentials. Then the competition will be not fair. On the other hand, an audience will not know if you are playing by taking performance enhancing drugs or not. They will see it as your own potentials which is like to deceive them. Again, many of them may think that if you can do such a great performance then why they can't. They will become extra harsh and hard to themselves for becoming like you not knowing that you are taking performance enhancing drugs. Again, the main purpose of game is to judge your skills and physical fitness. Then why we will use performance enhancing drugs which will also have negative impacts. I really don't support this idea. There is no enjoyment in playing by taking performance enhancing drugs.

• Hey there, contemplative fly!

I get where you're coming from, but I have a slightly different perspective. See, when someone turns to drugs to boost their workout, it kind of creates an uneven playing field. Picture this: I'm up against an athlete who's doping, and suddenly, it's like I'm running a race with an ostrich. It can mess with my confidence and make me feel like I'm not measuring up. So, instead of just enjoying the game, I'm pushing myself to the brink just to keep pace.
    This is not what sports is about , so I believe that people should be told if they are competing against someone who is doping.

• I think that they athletes should reveal they are using performance-enhancing drugs because it is better to let most people know you take the drugs to help you be more alert. And also to let the spectators know you aren't doing it With effort.

• I think they should revel if they have drugs or not because no one wants to be beaten by someone who cheated so it would not be fair and doping won't make you dope it would make you a cheater and I don't like cheaters so they should state if thar doping or not.

• we should tell people because some people are aware of the situation and some are not and it is nice if loads people know about the sport because some sport can be very dangerous also the medication.

• I believe that players should disclose if they are using drugs or not because if they do take drugs, it might make it unfair for others who are not taking drugs. Also, it might be dangerous for the player taking it and if they have a really bad reaction to it, other people will know what's causing the problem and get immediant help.

• I believe that you should tell at least a few people if you are using enhancing drugs as if you don't and your health was to take a turn for the worst and you didn't know the problem there could be a serious problem. A doctor could diagnose you with something that only made your health situation worse, possibly life-threatening.

• In my opinion athletes should not have to tell other people that they are using performance enhanced drugs.I say this because that is their business, and even I don't like people in my business so imagine what world famous athletes go through.Also because if the were to tell about their performance enhancing drugs they would lose followers, and people who look up to them so when the Olympics come around people won't even like that athlete anymore because of them using performance enhancing drugs.