Your country in your hands!

From the Hub discussions so far, there’s no doubt that many of you will work in positions of power in future.

This got us thinking…

Would you like to be the leader of your country one day? Yes or no?

This poll is now closed.

Comments (136)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• HELLO Fellow topical talkers
    I said no because leading a country comes with great difficulty. If I make any mistake it would be huge because the country is a large place so it will inflict damage to the country. Many duties will be made by me any ad decision will lead to bad things in the country. But if I was a leader I would try much to achieve equality.
    THANK YOU!

1. I agree with it comes with difficulty and also challenges and also responsibilities and duties to the people I believe is not easy and taking a responsibility like this and not doing it and fulfilling it is much bigger and wrong and if a person is capable and has a leader's qualities that person should not rule.I agree with it comes with difficulty and also challenges and also responsibilities and duties to the people I believe is not easy and taking a responsibility like this and not doing it and fulfilling it is much bigger and wrong and if a person is capable and has a leader's qualities that person should not rule.I agree with it comes with difficulty and also challenges and also responsibilities and duties to the people I believe is not easy and taking a responsibility like this and not doing it and fulfilling it is much bigger and wrong and if a person is capable and has a leader's qualities that person should not rule.

1. Hello lovely_ planet I agree with you if a ruler has a big responsibility on his shoulders and doesn't do anything about it an maybe in his campaign hesl said something he wants to do maybe after the election he will not fulfill what he said and did not fulfill the needs of the citizens of a country, the citizens would not be happy and they might take matter's in their own hands.
        THANK YOU!

1. I totally agree with you because if a ruler promises the citizens to do something and he/she doesn't, they will think that he was a bad ruler that brakes his promise and will never vote for him or anyone else from his party thinking that they are all the same even if they are not.

2. Hi calm cloud
          I agree with you on the fact of the citizens not being happy and might take matter's in their own hands. To avoid this, leaders should not make too many promises that they will not be able to fulfil. Presently in my country, there are a lot of unfulfilled promises that have made the citizens to take laws into their hands by going to government warehouses with food items and looting them. Thing like this can be avoided by leaders being honest to the people they are leading.
          THANK YOU.

1. HELLO fun ant,
            I agree with you because I also have seen all this things that you have written down. Presidents make promises that they themselves cannot fulfill and this makes the country citizens go ballistic and they will sometimes have to steal and loot for a living. For example, not long ago in my country Nigeria a trailer that was carrying goods to a warehouse got looted and people stole everything from it.
            I just say that presidents should be able to fulfill all the promises made for the betterment of the country economically and financially.
            THANK YOU!!!

1. Hi openhearted_music;
              Your comment got me thinking. A leader is the main person responsible for the development of a country. A leader contributes the most to the development of a country. If he can act honestly. But most of the times the leaders do not keep their word and betray the people. Because of all these leaders, many countries of the world have not been able to develop even today. Rather, the country's economy, education system and the source of employment for various employees are being destroyed. I think that the people as well as the leader have some fault behind it. Because the people elect their leaders. I think the country will be able to improve only if the people elect an honest and ethical leader of their choice. Then leaders must keep their promises. What is your opinion about this? Hope you understand my views and questions. Please answer my question as soon as possible.
              Thanks.

2. I totally agree with you on your comment because no this present country Nigeria, our leaders made lots of promises to us what they were going to do for us when they get into power. The Governor of my state even went to the radio station

3. Hello calm_cloud
          I will differ with you in citizens taking laws into their hands, this will not work my country and might even result into violent conflict (between supporters) in a country like mine. In Nigeria over the years, we have consistently seen people refusing to oppose a leader who is oppressing simply because he comes from their divide of religion or ethnicity. Those who tend to oppose are seen to be criticizing his/her because where he comes from and sometimes they maybe right.

4. I agree with you because if a leader does not fulfill his campaign promises, there might be some form of apathy on its citizen to the extent that some may take matters into their own hands and it will affect his administration.

2. Yes, I agree with you. Doing such jobs require much responsibility and although it may be so difficult and can bring challenges. Getting to a higher level requires time, energy and determination. I believe the leaders have to be of good characters and qualities to go well with their citizens. If they fail to fulfil their promises that brought them to that stage, the citizens will be so devastated and then they can as well take things in their hands and they could remove the leader or do a process of recall.

3. I agree with you lovely planet. I believe being a leader comes with great responsibility but as a leader you must think about your people first before you think about your self. I also think a leaders responsibility comes along for a propose and that purpose should be to move the followers to a better place.. Lastly, I also think for many leaders they only think about the profit they gain from this difficult job which should not be so. Leadership should be for the people.

4. I agree with you lovely planet but I can actually rule my country for better tomorrow.
        A ruler is an emperor who guides and leads his people with great opportunity provided.when I become the president I would provide war ammunition and ammunities for war purpose and also from external forces.
        I would create job opportunities for educated people I think these would motivate people to go to school in order to have their own jobs at the end.

1. I agree with you because if we are the leaders of the country, we would make it better because we have good intentions and we would be able to make our country a better place for us to live in. And to make this possible we must have a good background and a sense of education to be able to stand for our rights no matter what. And if we must become a leader, we must be of intellectual capability to handle the country in our hands, and to do this we need to be highly educated and intelligent. So that is to say education is very important and necessary in every country in order to produce good, pationate and patriotic leaders.

2. Indeed, I am aware that being a leader can be extremely demanding and stressful, but in my opinion, democratic leadership where citizens participate in the decision-making process will be the most beneficial. After all, why do you think certain individuals or groups find that working together is enjoyable and easy? The Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government are examples of this kind of leadership. With democratic leadership, leading a group of individuals or citizens would not be difficult or stressful.

3. Don't you think the great difficulties could be a trial in order for your citizens to know how perfect you can be in leading them and in managing a country? And don't you think that the reason why the people elected you is for you to correct the mistake(s) already made by the previous leader?

4. Yes it may be hard but if we do not try we are leaving our country in the hands of our establishment, and what does that say of us what will the future generations think when they see what their country became simply because we refused to try. We are the next generation and we need to take a stand for our country

5. Hi ,I agree with you as whatever you do even if it is a good thing at least one person will disagree with you, more often than not a lot more people . There is no way of pleasing everyone and then if you make a mistake like you said then everyone will criticise you and again like you said it would be so hard and there would be a lot of pressure on you. Parliament I think is like a big debate and what if your point is proven wrong or you agree with someone from another party and you are prime minister . As well as this you have no privacy and I don’t think you can easily take a day off and it would be very hard work and long hours . And who knows what if your family or family member or friend tried to make you use either your power or maybe some of the countries money to do something like making their birthday a national holiday or asking you to take some money out from taxes so they could buy something for themselves or a family member even if their intentions are good it could get you into trouble if you agree or someone agrees for you. And maybe you have to deal with protesters who might be trying to do something but are doing something dangerous trying to make you do something . Then you also want people to like you and maybe live up to someone else . There are also lots of worries like if no one liked you as prime minister you may be voted out then if you stop being a politician people may not employ you.Then there are investments and trade deals where you can also not please everyone but on top of all that you have to balance normal life such as paying bills and doing jobs around the house, talking to members of your own party to do what you are meant to do and getting angry phone calls from people telling you what you are doing wrong. There may be members of other parties or people who didn’t vote for you and you may even be a parent with a new born or a new child in general or a sick one who you could be worried about even if it is just a cold and you have take them to a school or club and you don’t want to be late or if some kids may not be nice to them as their parents or family members did not vote for you and then you have to try and win the next election and if you don’t you may have to try to win again so that is why I would not like to be the leader ( prime minister )of my country.

• Hello Topical Talkers!!
    I wouldn't want to be a leader of my country and here's why -
    1- I don't want to be a leader, because then to win people's votes and compete with other candidates, I'd have to make promises that are far beyond my standard i.e. cheat the voters.
    2- Being a leader is hardworking and also pricey as I interpret. The money I have would be spent in advertising or collaborating with a business as the campaigning goes on.
    3- Leaders have to work hard once they've won elections and I'm not sure I'd be ready to take the entire country's responsibility on my shoulder when the time comes.
    4- No matter how honest the candidate may be, dishonesty catches the competitor with time and I don't want that happening with me..
    my points are of what I think about the politics..no hate to anyone..
    Thank you!

• Yes, I would like to be the leader of my country one day because I want my country to be a role model in front of the world. I have a deep passion for public service and a genuine desire to serve my fellow citizens. I have a desire to make a positive impact and I believe that becoming a leader would provide me with the platform and authority to implement meaningful change. Being a leader, I can utilize my skills and expertise for the betterment of society. I see the position as an avenue to contribute to the welfare and progress of my country. I can shape policies. It is challenging work to be the leader of a country. If I take the challenge, it will offer me opportunities for learning and development. These skills will benefit me in various aspects of life. I will make a lot of changes. One of the main things that I want to change is gender inequality. In our country, women are not paid as men. They are not in the same position. Men work in a higher position. I want to make equal rights and opportunities not only for men but also for women. Another change, I want to make is to make my country's bribery free. I want a future country where bribery will be sent to the museum.

1. I solemnly agree with you because if I am the electorate today,I believe that one day I will surely be the candidate. Another reason why I would love to be the leader of my country one day is because,I want to eliminate the problem of food insecurity and scarcity in my country by raising awareness of the implications associated with bush burning and food wastage in my country.
      Secondly,I think I support you when you made mention of making a change In gender inequality in your country because if I finally become the leader in my country, I will make a room for gender equality where women will be given the opportunity to go into power and not only the men.

No one is always correct or perfect in everything so you can correct, agree or disagree with me.

THANKS.

1. I completely agree with you. I chose yes because i love challenges and being the leader of a country is an especially daunting and challenging task. I think that if i ever have a chance to be the leader of my country, I would embrace the challenge and do all in my power to solve as many of my country's problems as possible. My country Nigeria has numerous problems and i think if the right leaders were elected or appointed. 2024 is definitely a huge year for elections with more than 50 countries around the world with a combined population of around 4.2 billion will hold national and regional elections in 2024. If there are this many elections in one year, the international economy will be put on hold as investors will be watching to see were to put their money. If I was the leader of my country, I would do all I can to make good decisions that will benefit the country that I am ruling especially in a year like 2024 where the outcome of every election could determine the future of the world economy especially for countries whose elections will have a huge impact on the global economy.

• In this poll, I selected "No" as my choice, because from my point of view recognize that effective leadership demands a mastery of numerous principles and skills, which can pose formidable challenges.
    Leadership entails navigating complexities, making difficult decisions, and inspiring others toward a common vision. Yet, despite its demanding nature, adept leadership yields profound rewards.
    Thank you.

1. I agree because becoming a leader of any country comes with innumerable struggles and obstacles throughout the span.

• I want to be a leader in my country someday because I would like to champion policies that will favour young people, women, and the poor. Since the independence of my country in 1960, these three categories have suffered the most. Little or nothing has been done to promote their interest.
    Women have suffered all manner of gender inequality; they do have equal representation in government and politics. The policies largely favour the opposite gender. If I become a leader, I will change the narrative for a balanced system.
    Young people are also not part of politics because the current set requires a large financial backbone making it impossible for them to participate in electoral processes.
    I believe my policies will ultimately set my country in the right direction.

1. I agree with you but managing the country is hard too . To be honest you have to make series of sacrifice If you want your country to be peaceful, develop and progressive you have to make a lot of sacrifice and you will always show love, kindness and compassion to your people and bring peace and development to your people and the country at large.
      So above all you have to be a sacrificial lamb.

1. Hello respectful song.
        I agree with you that managing the country is hard but if you put effort and a lot of thought in your decisions it can be easy too. First of all, i can understand that you may be worried because one wrong decision can affect the whole country. Also, in some countrys prime ministers are being killed just because one of the thousands decisions they made did not satisfied a small part of the nation. I certainly agree that you may hesitate knowing all that but managing your country is important and prideful. Just imagine being the leader of your country, imagine being the one that make your country a better place. All of them are very good but you have to be very good at it and you also have to be stratigic. In this topic after a lot of thought i am neutral because managing your country has a lot of ups but unfortunately a lot of downs as well.

2. I agree because, Making a certain country secure means that you have to sacrifice a lot of the the things that you would think that regular citizens would get to keep. But as the President/Governor the things that regular citizens get to keep, the government will not get to keep.
        THANK YOU.

3. Yes, I agree with you, it comes with a lot of sacrifices and determination to do such jobs even though it might be seen hard but whatever you want to do , you should do it with the whole of your heart and mind and you will see it easy. I believe they should also be of great attitude so the citizens would love them and also help to make things much more easy.

4. I feel the same way in all honesty I also understand the concept of bringing love and kindness to the people, but it's not always easy to do so, at many times the established order makes it difficult for the candidate to show their true intentions even if they are good.

5. I agree with you because as you said the leader must be a sacrificial lamb for the people because if a leader can not be kind, compassionate and peaceful with his people there is no need being the leader and you being elected was just like a wast of time.

2. I disagree with you if you are a leader you must be able to fulfill the countries need. Let me give you a scenario if politician A has bad wishes and he gets elected he might destroy the country but if he has good wishes he will be able to improve the country.
      THANK YOU!

• In my own opinion, I say no, because leading a country comes with a lot of sacrifices which is very unfavorable. For example, as a leader, you must sacrifice your own interest and benefits for your citizens to satisfy them. I in particular, I wouldn't be able to sacrifice my interest for others always, so therefore I would not be able to take the responsibility of been a leader.

1. I agree with you succinct cheetah because as a leader all your dreams will be gone and you will have to sacrifice for a large amount of people but still there will be no peace in the country so there is no point of being a leader. when attacks are going in the county citizens will blame the leader for every thing going on in the country that is the reason why I do not want to be a leader.

2. I agree because being a leader comes with great responsibility and efforts and not every one has the power to supply countries needs and support a country and as you said you need to make a lot of sacrifices for their interests and benefits I my self won't be able to do it sometimes that is why I say no being a leader comes with great responsibility and efforts and not every one is responsible.

3. Hey there succinct_cheetah,
      You've made a really valid point and I completely agree with you. As said by the famous Spiderman from Marvel Comics'' With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.'' Being the leader of a country comes with a lot of responsibility and also being the leader of a country means you always have to put the needs of your country first in every situation, you will always have to put others interests first above your own interests in order to be a good leader you need to be able to make selfless decisions because every decision you make as a leader could either affect your country positively or negatively.

4. I disagree with succinct_cheetah because even tho you won't be a leader in future you will have to learn how to sacrifice your time, opportunities and even life for those who need it the the most ,because if you can't sacrifice your things or your life for people then everyone will consider you as a selfish and heartless person.

5. I agree you succinct cheetah because in my opinion l would not be able to rule and entire country like india even if i would like to rule a country it would be stress. for example i want to become a scientist i would have to abandon my career to rule the role and responsibility of a leader is time consuming and stressful if a country is over populated then i think that another leader should come into power to help with the other responsibilities

6. Hi!
      I chose NO as well. I have never really given a thought to this question, to be honest. However, now that I thought about it, I realise I am not made to be a leader. As you mentioned, you wouldn't always be able to sacrifice your interests, and I agree. I think the responsibility of being a country leader is huge. To be a leader, you must have a lot of qualities like selflessness, optimism etc. Being a leader also comes with large responsibilities as you represent the country. I do not think I am made to handle such responsibilities. Sometimes the pressure may get to you and you might do something bad for the country. I think one should become a leader when they are sure that they would fulfil their role instead of just being a leader for namesake. I think there are so many people out there who would be much better than me at this. So, why waste the resources of the country on those who can be better at something else? Hence, I chose NO.

7. I agree with you most of our leaders forget about things like their family and their religion. And there mostly only have interest for themselves.
      THANK YOU !

• I picked no. I don't think I can be a leader because leaders are always and constantly scrutinised whether they are wrong or right. This is something I honestly believe is wrong. Yes I can admit that sometimes the government can be wrong but people keep on accusing them and insulting them People do not even try to put themselves in their shoes. The public are not the only ones that scrutinise, the media and even political opponents who know what it feels like often scrutinise those in power. Every decision you make is analysed, criticised, and debated on whether it is wrong or right. This amount of scrutiny is honestly demoralising and just a burden I don't think I can bear. This is a very wrong habit that has many negative effects on our leader's mental and physical health. I get it is important but the rate at which it is done needs to be reduced.
    Though if this level of scrutiny is stopped and people finally start putting themselves in the shoes of those in governance, I might consider being a leader of my country.

1. I agree with your statement of political leaders always being scrutinize, but leaders are always going to be scrutinize because people always have their own opinions and views. Have you thought if you were a political leader then you would have the power to change people's views on you?

• I chose the option no. This is because if I were to become the leader of my country I would attempt to help with the problems in my country, but I wouldn't be able to keep everything together. There is also a high risk of me becoming stressed from the consent demand. Currently, there are many people who are angry at the leader of my country for doing what he believed would help. If I was under that pressure as well, I would continue to make bad decisions in an attempt to keep the citizens happy. While people may bring up checks and balances, the leader of a country is the face of the country. Which puts much more pressure on that person to keep a good image or not be themselves just to please the citizen's thoughts. There have been many incidents where people in power made a risk that citizens did not enjoy, and they suffered the consequences. While I would try my bets to help my country with its problems, I wouldn't be able to think straight with the consent stress and anxiety.

• Hi I said yes because I know that my country needs good leaders and we need a change, if I were to lead my country I would do my research looking for the parts of my country that needs improving and I will work on those parts, I can also represent my country and make it a place like no other.

1. I solidly agree with you charming artist and I also said yes if I am was to be the president of my country, I will make a very big flabbergasting change in my country in the sense that I will sort out and put crisis like gender inequality, food sarsirty and insecurity , corruption etc I promise to put all these things to an end because it has been long when then started practicing all these and am alway ashamed of my country any time it is been mentioned as jne of the most corrupt country in the world. If I my also given the privilege to rule my country, I am also going to develop my country with AI machines so that it can enhance the rate of productivity in the nation. I am also going to ensure that food doesn't go into scarcity in my country and also banned hard drugs, enhancing drugs to be used by any individual in the country. I am also going to empower the youths because there is a spirit of corporation in my country.

Lastly, I am going to ensure tight security and will minimise the way we waste things and manage them properly and also i will ensure our natural resources are been secured. Why I want to do all these is to maintain the name been given to as 'THE GIANT OF AFRICA.'
      Thank you very much!!!

• Hello guys, I will love to be a leader of my country because, in Nigeria the leaders we have don't do a good job for example now in Nigeria where we have terrorist in the country who kill people for nothing, the government have not done anything to change that if I am in charge of the country I will send well trained securities to stay at those places where we notice all this crime activities happening. secondly right now in Nigeria the rate of which things are raising in price is getting too much I personally will want to own a company when I grow up, and with the way things are going on in Nigeria government should at least help those citizens that cannot afford their needs so they can take care of their families is I was head I will be giving palliatives to those that needs it. So, I advise the Nigerian government to take good care of their citizens because citizens are gradually leaving the country to better counties.

• Hi, topical talkers
    Actually I pick yes, of if I become a leader I will surely make a positive change in my own country, why because my country today has been downgraded because must of the people chose to leave because of things like:
    Lack of economic and financial standard: in this country Nigeria must of our past leaders destroyed our standard when it came down to economic and finance, because while I was in a younger age my did told me that "there was a time when 1 dollar was the same as 1 naira but now the rate which the financial standard is being bought down is actually breathe taking. So I stand on the aim of making a positive change to my country Nigeria.
    So in conclusion what I am trying to say is that in my country Nigeria I would like a positive change to her (The country Nigeria) so as to make it peaceful and worth living for so as also to start a new beginning in this my country with the help of the people in the country. Thanks.

1. I agree because the situation of the country today is nothing to talk about and the only way to change it is to have a good transparent leader but now the rights of citizens are abused and elections are now taken by bribery and corruption and no one is heard again and the minorities are abused and this will affect the country negatively

• Honestly I want to be the leader of my country one day. Because, only one leader can make a country better for everyone. I live in Bangladesh. I will not say that my country is developed in all aspects. Currently, poverty is increasing day by day in my country. Currently, the business situation is also very bad. Moreover, I want to improve my country more in the future in terms of education system and economy. According to me all these problems are not possible only for common people. It is possible only through a leader. So if I ever get a chance to be the leader of my country I will definitely take it. It will be a great privilege for me.
    Thank you very much for reading my comment.

• I said yes because in my country nigeria so many things are moving to the wrong side.
    I believe being the president one day would bring a lot of smiles to my people's faces more especially the old and aged people.
    Things are hard in nigeria, our economy is getting worst day by day, the poor are crying, they are starving and some of them are also dying because of hunger, it hurts me a lot to know that people are suffering these time in my country nigeria, and I hope to change that with all humanity.
    Most children in nigeria are now school dropouts because their parents can not afford their school fees and other requirements, you see people who give in to begging in the streets, many people who has turned into armed robbers and prostitutes because of lack of employment. The economy is getting bad economy is getting bad day by day , because if the kind of leaders we have.
    Once I become the president I will first of all make sure nigeria becomes a productive country and not a consuming country. I would also make that we make proper use of our natural and mineral resources to create finished products. I would grant loans for students who do not have money to sponsor themselves. I would make room for everyone to be comfortable. I know doing all these isn't gonna be easy for me as a female, but the woman in me (twim) would help me to do all things with courage and braveness.

• I think no because I know that being a leader of a country is really difficult. You have to think about a lot of things, such as: how to satisfy all the citizens' needs, how to help other countries and how to solve problems in the country. I think that as the leader of the country, you would not want to make a mistake as the mistake might mean a lot to the citizens. You will be under pressure after that because you would possibly think that there are going to be a lot of comments against you.
    The thing that will need to happen to change my mind is that there will be a person that is brave enough to face the big mistake they made and stand up for themselves against rude comments from people . They will also have to try and satisfy all the citizens' needs so I know it is possible to do all of the things without being kicked out. I know thta it is quite a hard thing to do but I think it is the only way to make me change my mind.

• In my opinion I would not like to become the leader of my country. This is because it comes with many difficulties and all of your actions come will the great consequences both good and bad. Almost everything you do will get found out just like the Covid party that Boris Johnston and his members had. This came with consequences such as him having to pay a fine and make a huge apology for breaching his own rules and regulations on what happened during the pandemic. The country is in your hands and many people rely on you to make the correct choices for your country to strive which I feel would be a huge responsibility as the country you are governing over may crumble in your hands which would be your fault.

• I will be glad to become the president for one day, I will Like to change what they past president have done in the past and I want to correct it,
    Through education: I will provide free education for everyone so that they will have the knowledge of books, like in my country education fees are increasing everyday and some people can not afford the school fees, so I will reduce the school fees to the money that everyone can afford.
    Providing jobs for the youths: I will provide jobs for the youth so that they will have money to provide for their needs and his/ her family, to avoid poverty, ignorance and lack of contentment. Today, youth that have graduated and come out with first degree, will not have money to feed and provide for their needs because of lack of employment, this will lead them in stealing and not being contented with what they have, so I will provide jobs for the youth to be able to provide their needs and take care of their families.
    Also I will stop gender inequality among the women, I will create awareness for the women for them to speak for their rights and said that our education will not only ends at kitchen, why I said that I will stop gender inequality among the women is because in the past and even now parents will say that the should train they boys in schools and leave the girls because their education will end up at kitchen, for me I will say that parents should train both boys and girls, so that it will create gender equality among the two genders. And another thing I will like to change is corruption like rigging of elections, Drug trafficking in the country and human trafficking especially young girls. I want a better future for the country and let go the past of our former president and move on for the betterment of the country.

• Nothing will change my mind on being a leader of a country that's possible. Because if I'm the leader because not first I'm not ready to be a leader and don't meet the requirement and the intellectual requirement so any wrong choose I made everyone would suffer and people might try to take advantage of me because of my age and I'm not as old as them and I'm less experience than them so these are the reason why I said no and nothing will make me change my mind.

• I say No because there are too many responsibilities to handle and conquer. I would not know what to do if we are getting attacked I would panic. There's just too much I have to think about all the time. Everyone would know me and try to attack me.

• Hi,
    I chose NO. A leader's job is risky. You need to think carefully about your next move. There are many problems in a country to solve like: climate change, the economy, relations with other nations and the good for all people. In my country there are a lot of problems like natural disasters, the number of homeless people is increasing and the economy. But there is also a big problem which is the relations with the neighbouring countries like Turkey and Albania. The other reason is that is if I made a mistake accidently then my country could suffer more than it does now. In my opinion, leading a nation is very difficult and risky. But for the people that can handle pressure very easily and always wanted the feeling of a leader, then I would suggest it to them.

• I personally would probably be a leader of my country. The reason is because they come with many responsibilities I think I wouldn't want to deal with. If anything is wrongly done it can cause great consequences for me and my country. For example, war can be a leading consequence from wrongdoing. This can cause many death and destruction for the things and people in my country. Also it causes me to have to constantly worry for my life as there are likely people looking to seek harm on me. I personally just want to live a peaceful life with no country-wise responsibilities.

• I said no as leading a country comes with great difficulty and immense pressure. Thousands of people would be counting on you to make the right decision in moments of high stakes and under a lot of pressure. If you made a mistake it would be huge as YOU are in charge of the country and the country would suffer any repercussions that came with that mistake.
    However a part of me says yes because as a leader you can help to make your Country better. As a leader you could improve the equality in the country that you are leading and help to promote other things like diversity and acceptance of all.

• I say yes because in my country people choose leaders that favor them or support tribalism which really affects our country so if I was given the chance to become the leader of my country then I would correct all the mistakes that the past leaders have made I will also try to fulfill all the services all citizens should experience during all elections that happen in my country the elections are rigged so if the candidate of your choice doesn't win then people cause riots and other destructive things if i become the leader of any country i would do it fair and square to encourage other people to stop corruption in politics .

• Well, being the leader of your country is a difficult position but at the same time it is a sigh of superiority and prestige. On the one hand, it is a privilege that most people constantly seek to conquer, it shows maturity and supremacy and that you are socially well known and politically trusted. On the other hand, there is too much responsibility, making a mistake is not an individual matter but a collective and it affects everyone living in the country and lastly you are always being shown, causing a lack of privacy.
    Yo deduce, in my perspective, I wouldn't like to be the leader of my country. I would rather become someone greater which will offer help to the community, like a doctor which is my dream than do something it will not make me happy for the sake of fame.

• Hi amazing folks of Topical Talk!!!
    I will obviously want to be a leader for my country one day and there is no thinking twice. I would like, I mean, LOVE to be a future leader because I would like to put things in place because nowadays, my country is suffering financially and behaviourally. The finances are suffering hiccups and the worst part is our debt to IMF(International Monetary Fund). This is one issue I would like to pay attention to when I am a president and no matter how tough it will be, I will persevere and pay all debts so that I can focus on improving the country. Also, the leaders in my country don't lead by example and it ends up affecting our youth because the leaders end up acting in a "corrupt" manner and take the country's money for their private purpose. For example, a leader taking the tax of the citizens for a private purpose like purchasing a new private jet. This action will now lead to the raising of the youth leaders to use public affairs for their private purpose which will he very bad. In this case, I will lead by example and use the country's profit to benefit the country by putting things right and fixing the economy. For example, repairing our roads. Another thing is, I will ensure that the youth will be raised in a manner that they will use creativity skills, thinking skills, problem solving skills, speaking skills to help the economy and for future benefits.
    Thank you so much!!!

• I would like to be the leader of my country one day as I have many things I would like to improve even further in my country, which I believe would be extremely beneficial.

First, I would like to invest more money into education, but more importantly, the counselling of young people through the school system. I believe that in order to achieve your full potential in education, you need a clear and fresh mind. If students are constantly worrying about something, their mind isn’t focusing fully, leading to struggles academically, which may not have existed for someone before. In the UK, 37.3% of people suffering with mental health seek support. That leaves 63.7% of people suffering with mental health issues not seeking support. 63.7%. The majority of these people suffering with mental health issues are children. Therefore, I believe that these issues should be dealt with in a way which helps the patient become mentally healthier and achieve better results academically.

Next, I would also attempt to defeat homelessness as it is an ongoing issue in the UK and more worryingly, globally. I believe that if more funds go into homeless shelters and services to help those left without work to find jobs, we can decrease the amount of homelessness significantly. Yes, it isn’t likely that we can conquer all homelessness as the government don’t have the funds to only spend money on that, however, if we don’t try harder we will never find out.

• I want to be a leader in my country to make it a better and more independent country. According to the current situations that my country is facing, here are some things I will do to make Nigeria a better country
    1) I will fix the bad road that the other leaders did not fix: Nigeria has a lot of bad roads and that is some of the things that are making road accidents very common in Nigeria and a lot of Nigerians are complaining about this, so it needs to stop.
    2) I will make a rule and that will be that ethnicity and religion should not be things that determine the job or occupation that you will have.
    3) I will stop the common Buku Haram from turning my country into a crisis zone.
    These are a few of the things that I will do to make Nigeria a better country for Nigerians to live happily in without ant complaints of a sort.

• I will be the leader of my country, I say this because I feel I have the necessary requirements to be a leader and not a ruler because I aspire to bring my country into a new age of peace and prosperity, unlike the leaders of the past I would also like to tackle the problems of our economy largely basing on the economies of other countries and I’m going to change that.

• I think I would love to be the leader of my country one day because, I think that if I become a leader I could make positive impact in my country and the world at large. I could reduce the rate of corruption and build up my country in a positive way. In my opinion, when good leaders are elected,they make a country great.

• Why i said no is because i think a leader is saddled with a lot of responsibilities so much that if he/she is not courageous or bold, there is every possibility that he/she might run away when the going gets tough due to pressure.

• I would love to be a leader because...nowadays people think being a leader is a "big deal" even good people. As a leader i should posses these qualities which are: Bravery, Integrity, Rational, Patriotic, Good listener, Inclusivity, etc.
    Which without them is like a sinking ship without a captain.

• I said yes to be a leader, and what I would change in a country is to make the basic human needs available which are food, shelter, good roads and clothing in the country. In my country there is scarcity of food. Lately, farmers are afraid to go to their farms because of banditry. As a leader I would get a diplomat to find a way to get to know why they are harassing the farmers, and find a way to strike a balance depending on what is causing the unrest between the farmers and the bandits.

• Hi everyone!
    If you ask me, I would like the be the leader of my country some day because I want to do great things for my people for example, change wrong rules, favor everyone, no bias, and and achieve justice in the nation. Also I can become a role model for people who want to become leaders if I do the right thing. Even if becoming a leader can have a lot of duties and responsibilities, I would like to make a great change that will be remembered for by other.

• I voted NO because i think a leader have so many responsibilities and it is too much work. They do not rest or spend good time with their families and loved ones. Some of them even receive threats from people or even get killed because other people do not like them.
    I want to be able to spend time with my family and live happily with everyone.
    THANK YOU.

• Hi, topical talkers
    I choose Yes, I say this because I
    Am the first born of my parent, ,growing up in two other siblings, I always practised being a leader with them like they say leaders lead by example. I must say in this past few years of practicing leadership with my siblings I realized that leadership comes with a lot of hard work.
    I can lead a country by being hard working, not being selfish and being greedy.
    I also that feel at the government level, I will have a lot to contribute in term policies that are eco friendly, favourable immigration policies etc having been exposed topics in Topical Talk Festival.
    I feel capable of leadership in the future because TTF in a way is preparing me with all the exposure I am getting.
    Thank you!

• Hello everyone,i choose yes because
    i want to be a leader so that i can make changes like making Job available for young adults, building for homeless people and education orphans or give scholarships because most of these things are challenges in my country. There are lots of youth without job and it is not good.
    There are lots of people who do not have means or money to go to school like I do. So it will be very nice and good to see that these things are put in place for my people when I become a leader.

• I would love to be the leader of my country because everyone in my country will be able to vote and they would not have to work out of their house and vote they use an app to vote and no one would not be comfortable if they are not comfortable they would not want to vote again.

• Good day fellow topical talkers,
    I did say yes because in my country there is a lot of corruption which needs to be dealt with and it’s people like me that are bound to make the change in the country, no matter the methods we use, like the social media platforms and all other rules we make to govern the nation, rebuilding and renovating national facilities for the betterment of the country or the nation!
    Infact if I should become the president of my nation for one day my nation who is it become a better place to live!

• Hi everyone
    I said yes, because my country is underdeveloped there is scarcity of food and these has caused so many insecurities for food and there is also hunt for money in the Nigerian societies.
    When I become the president of my able country Nigeria , I would make sure all individuals who are willing to work has their own work relating to their field of study or specialization . Everyone would also be treated equally, there would be nothing like the minority, every religion would be accepted hence that's were your faith lies.
    As the president I would build a home for the disables in each state so that other people would be classified in their various units for instance; from 0-17 are of the dependent age, from 18-60 are the working class age, from 60- above are also classified as the dependent age. I would make sure there is proper enlightenment on the effects of bush burning to the land, I would make sure that I emphasize on planting in an erosion free space or land. I would develop a sector were everyone is tested to know the capability of what he or she can do to facilitate and enhance productivity. I would encourage musicians to bring more fame to our country through their concert tours. I would sometimes share palliatives to individuals in order to encourage them and I would also plead for the wealthy people like the musicians, the actors and actresses the business cartels to also help the challenged im terms of financial assistance.
    With all these my empire would be runned 100mwters with no much problems.
    THANKS.

• It wasn't that hard to decide because my vote was no because I am not ready to handle or represent up to 2million people because some might not appreciate my way of leadership or might protest against me and my followers so I am really not ready to have or handle my country.

1. Hello educated_fox
      I agree with you because like you said i am not yet ready to be a leader . So incase the something goes wrong during my leadership, i will not be held responsible. It will be so scary to think that the faith of over 200 million people lies in my hand and if i make a wrong move they will start protesting that i am a bad leader.
      Thank you.

• I said yes because I would like to solve those problems that the past leaders were not able to solve during their regime one of the problems I would solve is gender inequality. Gender inequality is being practiced all over the world which brings about low self esteem, everyone has the right to become what they would want to be. And presently some of the leaders has not put much attention and effort on that aspect in our parent country and how I would solve it is by creating awareness becabuse of the rural areas, and also making policies against gender inequality, free education for all on gender inequality I would make sure everyone walks together In oder to fight against gender inequality in Nigeria.

• Yes, I wish to be the leader of my country one day, although, handling any country is not easy as a pie. Tackling a large population is a very great responsibility. My country has been growing and developing, it is the largest democracy, and has lots of achievements, so for anyone to keep it up and transform the nation to a well developed country, meet the demands and desires of its people is not effortless.
    Even though, I wish to be the leader of my nation because, I think there are still some issues which are required to be thrown out or solutions for the same are needed. Most importantly, I want to build a positive effect on my country and want to show that India may not be considered the best, but it has many advantages due its location. I want citizens to know that a large population is not required to be seen as a burden, it can become our power.
    Therefore, I would like to become the leader of my country.

• I would say yes because l want to change
    somethings which is to punish anyone who makes a less than 16 years child work, to look diligently at people who will work in the government (can be the police or a judge for example) and finally change my country educationally because it needs to improve and it doesn't focus on skills of the child like the international schools.
    About leading a country I know it's a great responsibility in which you lead a major country, you adjust to the country's future. You might have asked what risks would you pass your passage or career, so I will say. You can face calamities or disasters in it that you think you cannot quell and they can be

1:Stock market falling
    2: Financial situations
    3: Organisations moreover people and conflicts with the government about a problematic issue
    4: saying that you are not useful

All of this would make you feel
    anxious because you made your maximum effort but all was in vain.

• Yes , the first thing I will improve the economy. I won't print alot of money so that the value of the Egyptian pound won't go down ,and give other countries some money so that if we in egypt had a problem in money we will ask these countries to give us our money back and solve the problem.

Then I will build more hospitals ,so that people can stay alive for a long time , and so he will work more , and help the community.

Then I will build alot of schools and universities , and make courses for teachers so that they can be better , and I will add more information to the books .

1. What information would you add to books, willing_impression?

1. Tell more about grammar in Arabic ,and improve science books like for example what we take in year6 take it in year5.

2. Some information that you could add to the books are how to improve the economy around you, do the best that you could do, or have a book on the topic of helping a person be prepared with many responsibilities.

• For me it's a no cause leading a country or a state is very difficult because there will be a lot of tension on you and the amount of people who rely on you and are depending on you also much take you disappoint that will be a major downfall for for your reputation. leadership is a very hard tag so you have to make a decision if you are ready to take over country or not so you have to be decisive and be careful which position you take or lead.

• I responded yes and I would like to make changes to education, work, and the government. I have observed the difficulties students like me face while completing homework. I would fund programs to provide resources and tutoring to students. Additionally, I want to increase mentorship programs to remove the youth from crime and violence. I would like the workforce to allow their employees to work less and have more done. Although I live in a very advanced and privileged society, there is a lot of demand and work someone has to do in certain jobs. This has made teachers, doctors, nurses, and other workers feel very stressed and might cause them to quit. The shortage of teachers might be from the stress, disrespect, and work they have to do. I would like the government to be more neutral and efficient. I would advocate for independence and the friendly interactions between parties. I would assign officials who do not clearly emphasize their party.

• I said no, because of how many decisions the leader of the country has to make. They also have to go to numerous places and likely do not have any downtime. This could cause a lot of stress and I personally am not good at any of these things. Therefore this job would not be a very good fit for me.

• Welcome! Leadership is the ability to bring a vision to life.
    I have always wanted to be a leader. As I grew up, I learned about the politics and I am still learning about it. But when we talk about it, it's always about corruption.
    As a leader, I want to change this perception. I want to lead the country towards a better future. When people hear the name of my country, I want them to take it with pride and as a model. I want to create an ideal nation that is still prosperous. I want to add more quality to the quality of life. I want to reduce poverty. I want to increase education and health coverage.
    Particularly, the two pillars of HEALTH and EDUCATION can propel a nation's prosperity.

• I would not want to lead my country for many reasons, some personal and some general. As long as I can remember, different leaders have promised a bright future for our country till date, We see people on the road sleeping, and there are days when houses don't get water and electricity. Electricity bills are half what workers pay. In addition, to begin with, engaging in corrupt practices provides a means for individuals, who may not be deserving in terms of their skills or experiences, to attain leadership positions, whether in the political or professional sphere. This is evident because corruption typically involves some form of abuse of power, and this may include the manipulation of a supposed'meritocratic' selection process to unfairly provide an advantage to an individual who engages in such practices, or to facilitate the promotion of a particular candidate by impeding the progress of others. And indeed, a study by Koduah, Amoako, and Osei-Akoto, published in the Journal of Third World Studies in 2013, showed that some 80 percent of the 'political elite' in Ghana had amassed 'ill-gotten wealth' via corrupt activities at some point. However, it should be noted that corruption, of course, does not operate in a vacuum; the extent and nature of corruption in the executive and in other areas of leadership can be influenced by a diverse range of factors. For example, historians such as T. P. Ofosu, the author of The Institutionalization of Political Corruption in my country, have argued that the advent of 'winner-takes-all' electoral politics in the mid-20th century not only encouraged corruption in the formal political sphere by promoting a 'by any means necessary' approach, but also gradually became a part of the 'inherited political culture' of my country over the subsequent decades. I'm willing only to lead my country once it becomes selfless and others needs are placed before the leaders'. Thank you

• Hey everyone
    I wholeheartedly agree with most of you and I'm gonna go with no cause leading a country would somehow be the biggest mistake I make cause a slight mistake could make many people against you, everyone is gonna rely and depend on you if you slightly threat some people unfairly you'll just be receiving reports and seriously it's a thumb up to our president,governors and senators there really trying by ruling people and trying to be fair

1. Wow! I see many people with good points! So thumbs up dedicated strategy! Well for me i choose NO even though deep in my heart I wanna be a leader of my country but in the outside I don't, cuz I know all the consequences that might occur e.g when I become one, most people wouldn’t like me because of one thing or the other cuz maybe l catapulted someone’s house because i wanna build a road, the person from his/her perspective and his friends will probably think bad of me, but from the positive side i know i did the right thing and the only thing that remains for me to do will be giving the person money to build another house. Therefore that would make the person happy I guess! But I still don’t want to be a leader cuz in my country most of the leaders say they will do this and that for the country, but once they become leaders they never do what they say maybe because of the money they get, so I used to wonder that maybe if I become one I would behave like them.

1. Hi attentive meteor your absolutely correct do you mind me telling you something we'll if you don't let me tell you the first reason I don't wanna be a leader

*responsibility and pressure
        * criticism
        * decision making
        * time commitment
        *lack of interest
        * not wanting to manage others
        * fear of responsibilities
        And actually because I'm not a fan of deciding what is good and wrong for people.

1. This goes for all topical talkers!
          Deciding what is good and wrong for people might not be your thing but imagine you where the leader and you do everything the right way wouldn't People love you and select you next time?
          And again it's no use having the fear of responsibilities cuz if you know you're doing the right thing there's no point bothering, I thought of the same thing the other time but then it came to me that what if I'm doing the right thing I don't really need to bother.
          And for the other half of me the reason why it wants to be a leader is because:
          *Leading people better
          *Making Nigeria among the best countries
          *And inspire them to depend on their country for everything not others.
          *And last but not the least, to improve our technology!
          And if all of you guys are with me, let's do better in our education!
          Cuz it's the KEY

• Hey!
    I would be honoured to be the leader of my country one day. I am a firm believer of the fact that if you want something changed in the world, do it yourself. We cannot wait for others to realise the vitality of our ambitions and commence working on it for our sake. No one is that selfless.
    It's a common knowledge that power corrupts the mind... If I want something transmogrified in my nation, I would try to avoid dependence on everyone. On everyone I fear will lose sight of the ultimate goal - welfare of humanity. We can never be of a mindset akin a 100%. There will always be differences... Hence, I would rather be in power myself, so that my difference of opinion can be heard.
    I think another reason I would like to be the leader of my nation would be because I am confident enough in my love for my nation to know that I would always work in it's best intentions, and I am confident in my own alibies to bear the responsibility of the growth and development of 1.4 Billion people.

• If I got a chance to be the leader of my country even for one day, then I will choose the judiciary and the police department to make it corruption free and also choose to make my ministers and other members of my team to make them corruption free. If I can build a parliament with only honest and patriotism people, then half of the problem of my country will come to an end. Those honest leaders and ministers will work to solve the problem in their respective areas which will result to help the citizen of my country to live a good life. Nothing is more important to me than the good life of my citizen and people. The ministers will work to solve the issues and work for the development of their respective area along with the whole country. I along with my teammate will work for the betterment and advancement of the country. Then I will ensure that the police and judiciary department are free from corruption. So that when any people will come to the police, they can get justice. Also, the police will not take benefits of the condition of the citizen rather they will work for the justice and betterment of the people. I will establish a law that if any police officer did any crime, he will get 3 times more punishment than the normal people, which will ensure the honesty and also will prevent my police officers in doing any crime. When the ministers and the police department will be free from corruption, then they will work together for the betterment of the country as well as its people. I will personally monitor everything and will ensure that every people get justice and are able to meet their own needs. I think that if I can make this two-area corruption free then ultimately all areas will be free from corruption in no time. Then my country will be able to progress and will be able to advance keeping pace with the world.

• YES, I always wanted to be the leader of my country, I have a great passion for politics and issues and general and always want a solution to solve them! You have an enormous number of responsibilities, but every day is different and every day there is a chance for change, I would reverse so many new laws in my country recently like the XL bully ban, the Uk sending refugees to Rwanda and many good significant changes like promoting and making change to reverse the severe case of climate change and global warming. Making Free school lunches in the entire Uk for children ages 4-11, many children go hungry because a household of income can't afford school lunches and food in general, for the lower class providing more essentials in Food banks. Banning vapes entirely and making it illegal for people under the age of 18 to purchase or use one, I see many young people from the ages 11-16 vaping more than I do smokers in general, vapes are not tested yet and are an entirely new invention and people do not know what the side effects are and what will happen to vapers in 20-30 years.

I know that being in charge of a country is hard but choosing the right person for that role is the most important thing you could ever do. A good leader means good country and citizens and culture. If I ever do go into politics, please vote for me :)

• If I were the leader of the country I would be totally fascinated.
    First of all I would change all the factories into eco factories using eco friendly products to reduce any pollution and damage to the environment..I would spend some money for a better protection system for my country using AI technology in order to predict earthquakes and extreme weather conditions.
    I would definitely invest a lot of money on education, trying to implement into the curriculum innovative methods such as learning about green skills

• I said yes, and it is not precisly because of mi self confidence as a ruler, is bacause its difficult be wose that who is all ready. Just so you understad in the national the Left won. And in less than a month in the autonomous comunities almost all sapain changed minds.
    But as thats not the question the main changes will be:
    Ban PERMANENTLY amnistia, reduce helps for non employed people (the ones ho don't work because they don't want and just live with helps), eliminate the free 500 euros of becoming 18 years old, modernise the industry, improve the control over Catalonia, punish iligal imigration, pay our enormous dedth, mothernise the pension system, improve our relationship with our allais and improve the public health and the public education.
    As you can see those are to many things that not only there are a lot and need a lot of improvement's also the actual president isen even talking about it.

• I choose yes, if by chance I was given the privilege of being tasked with leading Nigeria, my primary aim would be establishing and enforcing policies that increase economic development, reduce corruption, and enhance healthcare and education sectors. To be specific, I would focus on investing in infrastructure like refineries to increase productivity and produce opportunities for employment, simultaneously enforcing strict rules and regulations to fight against corruptive practices, which deteriorates progress. Also, I would gather resources to enhance access to quality healthcare and education, for better development. For instance, Nigeria experiences crucial struggles in healthcare, with only 4.7% of GDP spent on healthcare in 2021, according to World Bank data. Similarly, Nigeria's education system faces difficulties like low literacy rates, with only 61.3% literacy rate among adults aged 15 and above in 2021. So, spending on education to better literacy rates and improve the quality of education would be also important.

• I say "no" to being a leader. I have different reasons. I think they can help without being the leader. I might work on projects or help l say "no" because they like their privacy. Leaders are famous, and everyone knows what they do. Some people don't like that and want to have a quiet life insteasay "no" because they don't think they're good enough to be a leader. Being a leader is tough, and you need to know a lot of things. Some people think they're better at other things and want to do those instead.

In the end, it's okay to say "yes" or "no" to being a leader. Everyone can help in their own way, whether they're in charge or not. It's important to do what feels right for you.

1. Correct.
      Declining a leadership role is a choice I make for various reasons. I believe I can contribute effectively without assuming a leadership position, possibly by working on projects or offering assistance. Some individuals opt out of leadership roles due to a preference for privacy, as leaders often attract public attention and scrutiny. Others decline leadership responsibilities because they doubt their capabilities or feel more suited to other pursuits. Ultimately, it is acceptable to accept or decline leadership roles based on personal preferences. Every individual can contribute meaningfully, whether as a leader or in a supportive capacity. It is essential to prioritize personal well-being and alignment with individual strengths when making such decisions.

• Hello topical talkers,
    I would not want to lead my country someday. I say this because if people are still looking for the candidate they would want to vote for, I may promise them some goods or some free resources so that they can vote for me. And if they vote for me and I am not able to provide what I have promised, they may feel angry because they would feel like I just deceived them that I would give them goods and resources just to vote for me. And they may also cause things like riots or even protests just to bring me down. And another reason I say this is because, as a leader, people would always look up to you to provide what they need that would help them in the country. So if I make a mistake, it can really effect my country, and then people would want to bring me down and bring a new leader. And I am also scared because, some other political candidates may even threaten your country just to bring me down. In fact, there was a day when we were having a class on our H.C.A ( History and Current Affairs), then the H.C.A teacher said that ''When the people age able for voting went and voted for a president in Nigeria, one of the candidates that did not win in the election felt cheated because he taught that I.N.E.C ( Independent National Electoral Commission ) did not do a honest poll count or they were bribed just to miscount the votes. So after some weeks after the election, he threatened the elected president that he would kill millions of Nigerians if he does not give the presidential position over to him''. So I would not like one of the candidate that didn't get voted for to threaten me, innocent people and the country just to get into that position. So in conclusion those are all the reasons I would not like to rule in my country.

THANK YOU.

1. I agree with you, trusting_interaction. I feel like I would not be able to cope with the decisions I would have to make and the problems that follow them. I also don't want to get involved with various conflicts that could disturb the safety of my citizens.

• Hello topical talkers,
    It was quite a complicated decision but I actually pressed yes. Leading a country comes with a great responsibility. I believe that I have the capabilities to lead country. I would like a lot to help my coyntry, Greece overcome its problems easily. I would not like to be negative and I would be determined to complete my mission. Of course in some way I could a lot of difficulties but I dont think I would give up. I would help my country in political and financial sector. Finally, I would try to bring a total equality to my country and do all these things immediately.

• I think that being a ruler for one day can help the people of that particular area. Being a ruler means that you consider the citizens of that society.
    Even if they are only a ruler for one day, they can still create a lot of change. In some countries the president could help by making a rule that more places are conserved and no one can kill animals or cut down trees.
    THANK YOU.

• As for me if I were asked to be the president of my country I would not be because this country that I leave in is not meant for anyone who wants to be the president. The person that we need as a president in Nigeria is problem solving, open to other people and is not someone that doesn't have nepotism or is not have tribalism.

• I say no ,somethings that might change my mind about the job are things like, if someone showed me if the job might be interesting or challenging because i like challenging situations. I feel like i wouldn't enjoy such a position of power I prefer any other job like in the education system or a civil servant not in such a powerful position. Maybe if someone inspired me to get the position I might be interested. It may be also difficult to rule an entire nation. And have some pressings decisions to make for the country ,and then if I make the wrong decision it might affect the countries reputation.

• I really don't want to be the leader of my country because I am not ready to make decisions that wouldn't only affect me but the whole country and with the state in which my country is right now I think they need serious help to fix the country and find a leader which is loyal for it. There is certainly no situation when I would change my mind and even if they said they would pay me a million dollars, I would still not change my decision but I think this might change the perspective of other people who want only the money. I expect that other people have their different reasons.

1. I agree because being a leader is not just about having the name, it also comes with great responsibility and tasks that I feel I cannot handle. I also agree with you because of this your point you have stated about making decisions, this is an aspect of being a leader that many people cannot seem to understand, as a leader, you are a representative of your subjects which means your decisions are made on behalf of your subjects. So one responsibility of a leader is making decisions for the people, so as a leader, before you take a decision, always know that someone is affected. This to me is what make it hard for someone to be a leader.
      THANK YOU.

• Hello, there.
    Yes, I definitely want to be the leader of my country for one day because I want to present my country to the world as a developed and glorious country . I think, leadership is a national and political responsibility. As a leader, I will work for overall development of my country. First of all I will try to eradicate poverty in the country. I will take various programs to eradicate poverty. I will distribute free food and other opportunities among poor people. Also provide them education and treatment and create adequate employment. Secondly, I will provide education to all the children of my country. I will provide free education to those who cannot get education for money. Also I will take various programs to stop child labour. In this way we will create an educated and developed nation. Thirdly, as a leader, I will eliminate social problems like gender discrimination, violence against women, juvenile delinquency, superstition etc. I will create awareness among the people to solve these problems. Also I will encourage the people to fight against climate change. Above all, I will try my best to fulfill a national responsibility like being a leader. I will transform my country from developing to developed country by eliminating all social problems of the country and by social and economic development.

• Okay, I say yes because I know that when I become the leader of my country Nigeria, I would change so many things and make life easy for each and every one of the citizens in my country.
    I would first of all call on enlightenment about things that causes scarcity like irrigation, bush burning, planting on erosion grounds and the rest. I would also call on enlightenment for rape, human trafficking, drug trafficking and the rest of them to be stopped because these are what gives bad name to a country.
    I would help the less privileged financially, I would avoid the term minority and majority groups, everyone must be treated equally with fair play and transparency.
    My country Nigeria would be a hot cake because I would make sure all our mineral and natural resources are properly made use of. I would build refineries in order to make sure non of our natural are transported to another country for refining.
    Thanks

1. It sounds like you're making connections between lots of the different Topical Talk lessons - well done!

• Hi,
    I would love to be the leader of my country one day and be the best role model for everyone. I would work towards implementing the needs of the citizens. As I have seen many poor people in my country, I would provide them many facilities like education, a place to live, food, etc. I would promote equality and justice for every citizens. Due to not getting proper health facilities, many people have died. So, I would try to improve the healthcare system. I would make decision that benefits the well-being and progress of my nation.
    Thank you!

• Personally, I dont want to be the leader of the country because I don't think IA m good enough to lead a whole country.
    If I change my mind one day, I would need to be more responsible and have more self confidence.
    I think that rule a country is a serious act and it would be such a big responsibility for me. A lot of people would deepend on me and the right decisions I would take.
    Overall, i don't think I would like to be a leader but I believe a good and effective leader will be in the near future.

1. I totally agree with you! I wouldn't want to be the leader of the country too because if I make a mistake either big or small, then it means that I would get hated on a lot and the whole country would probably not be able to be safe and secure. Every choice that I make is very important, so it would be very scary to make each one.

• Some of us thought it would be good to run the country because you can earn a lot of money, we think you should promote peace by having a peace conference. We think you should make sure the rules are fair and get others to help you make the important decisions. We would change the working week from five days to four days so people get more rest, they are more productive and have better mental health.

On the other hand we think it would be a very stressful job and if you do something wrong then people could suffer or it might make people hate you like what happened when Boris Johnson had a party during the lockdown.

• Yes! I would like to be the leader of my country because it arises from the possibility of using my skills to create positive changes🌿. As a leader, I would focus on promoting equality, encouraging new ideas to make society better, creating rules that help the environment, and making sure all citizens have access to education and healthcare. Being honest, responsible, and caring would be really important to me as a leader.

• I chose no and here's my reason. Other leaders of my country have started thousands of problems with different countries across the word and I wouldn't wanna be given a bad image and have the pressure to fix the tension between the U.S and others. However if the leader before me decides to change things and fix it themselves, I would reconsider. It would take a lot of time however it would have a good outcome for the most part.

• If I was a president, I would give some people who live on the streets shelter and food. I would also provide opportunities for youngsters to be running for president and give some students jobs after finishing school. I will fix all the problems that were happening in the country when the previous president was still in power.

1. Well said fiery lute,you said you will providing job opportunities for youngsters if you were a president,that a very good idea.
      But you can't create this job on your own and you can't begin to build companies all around the society,the citizens might see this as embezzlement not knowing you were only trying to help.

One way that I feel is safe to create job opportunities for youngsters is by allowing immigrants to the country,those with large firm,so that they can build their company in my country and employee my citizen.with this the youth will get job and the rate of crime will reduce.

• Yes,if I am to be a leader my main focus would be on teachers and students.

Firstly,I will increase teachers pay and build conducive environment for them.because teachers deserve to be paid handsomely,they are the foundation of all professions.
    It is one of the reasons teachers go on strike and this has adverse effects on students.

Secondly, students who are in need of some basic necessity like food,books , uniform and other learning materials I would provide all this for them.because most students don't feed well,some are being maltreated in their home,so I will assist by providing for them.

Though I can't achieve this alone,a country does not have only president they are other political advisor.but to achieve this,I will form alliance with food companies that are willing to donate, fabrics companies and other NGOs that will help in contributing to this project.

Thank you

1. Rightly admirable_butterfly. I would like to buttress the points you sheared earlier on " Increasing teachers pay". That's one of the main problem the Nigeria government is facing,and I think that president Bola Tinubu needs to focus more on that.
      Recently, The Nigeria Union of Teachers ( NUT),The Academic Staff Union of University (ASSU), has always been on the verge of going on strike due to low salary, unpaid salary and so many other factors, I think that these are areas where the Nigeria president should focus more on.
      Helping students who are in needs of educational materials like books, textbooks,pens and pencils,etc is also a great idea because many people are out there who wants to go to school,but due to financial problems they could not, so that is also a great idea.
      Other areas where a Nigerian president should also focus on is the issue of Insecurities, high cost of food, transportation, rise in fuel prices etc.
      Thanks for sharing your opinions.
      Thanks......

• I want to lead my country someday and I may aspire to become a leader because I believe that I can contribute positively to my country's development and make changes to it's challenges. Love for my country can be a personal ambition, desire and a vision or policy to play roles in my decisions to seek good leadership positions.
    THANK YOU.

• Hello friends!!!
    If I were to be the leader of my country, I will make sure that our borders are safe and that the matter of insecurity will be properly handled. I will also make sure that corruption is not practiced in the country, also, I will try my best to reduce the use of the so called 'FOSSIL FUELS' because it has negative impacts on the earth which generates toxic emissions that increase the rate of the climate issue. I will love to introduce things like energy made up of food like corn, or energy made out of air, water, and even sun. I think that if we can apply this to reality the world will become a great place, to be and live.
    This are reasons for why I think that becoming a leader in my country will be great.
    THANK YOU!!!

• If I was a leader, I would want fairer pay, less tax and most definitely work to achieve equality.

I don't think I would want to be a leader as there is too much responsibility. It would be very hard to try to please everyone and I would be too emotionally involved to take on a job like this

• Okay, I say yes because in my country nigeria,many things are happening and these things are making citizens uncomfortable, the rich ones are leaving the country while the poor remains and keep suffering.
    Sincerely speaking the only people who can survive in nigeria nowadays are the politicans, the celebrities, the business personnels and important social bloggers. When I become the president I would make sure everyone is comfortable and welcomed, I would stop prostitution and armed robbery by erasing unemployment and giving job opportunities to people who have all the qualification that it takes.
    I would appoint trusted individuals to occupy the spaces of the vice president, the ministers, the senators and so on so that my empire would be very notable for good things.
    I would build schools in the different states with affordable price for people who aren't that financially stable. I would create room for suggestions on any part that I need to improve.it would abolish the term majority and minority, because everyone would be treated equally.
    Doing all these i know that I would bring a lot of smiles on the faces of the citizens.
    Thanks.

• So the country I live in, the UK, has had some very infamous Prime Ministers who have ruled over the country. Liz Truss is one example, as she was the fastest serving MP of the UK within 50 days. Another example is Margaret Thatcher, who purposely banned one of the UK's leading sources of income, mining. What would be able to change my mind is if we had a PM who actually tried to serve and do this country justice. The kind of person who could inspire a whole generation of people to do jobs that could help our golden generation. Yet, we have people in charge who can't do their job and instead try to ruin this country. Another thing that could change my mind is if this country would take the signs of climate change and try to do something for the better - it would do justice for those who haven't done anything wrong. So I wold say no until some changes would be made for the UK.

• Leadership, especially in a country, is fraught with challenges. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to assume such a role is the difficulty of making decisions that are not accepted. For example, if I were to enforce a rule that restricts individuals from leaving their homes after 7 PM or 8 PM, I know that this decision would not be well-received. This is a clear illustration of the challenges that come with leading a country, where decisions can significantly impact the lives of many people.
    thanks😇

• You know as individuals we often think about a lot of different ideologies ,ideas ,opinions and variation that impacts our mindset and makes us think differently. It is nature for us to judge .But in my opinion it's always easier said than done. But being a leader is not something that is easy in my opinion but yes I feel like it is possible for me or somebody from my generation somebody young to get the opportunity to lead a nation. I genuinely accept that supporting authority abilities in youthful people is totally pivotal if we have any desire to see a few genuine positive changes occurring in our networks. Whenever we allow our childhood the opportunity to move forward and lead, we're fundamentally giving them the keys to improving things around them. Allow me to paint you an image: picture a gathering of youngsters assuming responsibility for an ecological venture. They have the help they need to handle enormous issues like environmental change head-on. Astonishing that they acquire new thoughts and arrangements that more established people probably won't consider. Not in the least does this assist us with managing critical ecological issues, yet it likewise shows these children a feeling of obligation towards our planet, something that will stay with them forever. Yet, listen to this: initiative isn't just about having one kind of individual making major decisions. It's tied in with ensuring that everybody's voice gets heard. That is the reason having variety and consideration in positions of authority is so significant. At the point when we have people from varying backgrounds at the dynamic table, we end up with more attractive and more comprehensive results for everybody. Eventually, putting resources into our young chiefs today isn't simply smart; it's fundamental for ensuring that our future is splendid and economical.

• I said yes because if I became the leader of my country, I would implement many schemes for women and children. I would strive to develop my country beyond its current state and work towards eradicating unemployment and corruption. As they say, in a progressive country, change is constant."

• Namaste, hi
    I chose yes because I once just want to
    change the committee and coming onto changes from people I want to make I once want to make people understand about humanity, pollution, our future. The first thing I would like to make people understand is when citizen 1 throws the garbage the others also see the realise if that person can do so why can't I do I will also pollute by the citizen 2 throws 4 wrappers of chips the citizen 20 also mimic the same then the citizen 1 comes and says yuck! what a polluted place but he didn't realise that the reason for this yuck word is own him/her because people mimicked like him/her so I want to tell people to throw all garbage into the dustbin only if pollution is done so they need to pay heavy fine nearly tens of thousands no discrimination of women, LGBTQ+, black and white people one promise for my culture I want from people is when poor people and bad people are shown I movies we see them only as black people so this is 100%unfair in accordance to my law when Justin Bieber came to India people got crazy but when Indian people work for months for a local compitition they wear 8 to 12 kgs of costume work like a robot they even don't require money to see the performance but hardly 15-20 people only come so Iwant a promise to just Know the hard work of the dancers. One thing I will do is to provide each facility to Everyone to provide each and everything to farmers Lal Bahadur Shastri the 2nd PM of india said JAY JAWAN JAY KISSAN in this quote farmers were provided everything farmers fought for their rights did Hartals and protests many were killed mercilessly and India is the 8 most illiterate country in the world so ofcourse I will make a change by to provide education and money for their careers I would also like to make a subject in which it is taught to how to make your country clean how to make their country a better place and so on about non- peacefulness; MK Gandhi said PAAP SE GHRINA KARO PAPIYON SE NAHI means fight from the sin not from the one who do sin if we fought from sinners so this will create a chaos and division among people so I will fight from every sin to protect my people I can even give my life to make this planet a better place to live thus I chose YESS.
    THANK YOU !!!

• I believe that certain qualities are wanted/needed in a leader. I will list some of them and I'd love to hear some more suggestions, feedback.
    1. The ability to take accountability for mistakes
    2. The ability to unite a nation during difficult times
    3. The ability to take criticism and improve their work
    4. The ability to talk and take notes from the public
    5. The ability to hear out and even agree with their ideological opponents.
    6. The ability to be pragmatic.
    These 6 abilities, in my opinion describe a leader who can lead their country to success.

• In my opinion I agree to become a leader for day because with all the difficulties and hardship I am going in my country I believe I can make a change to improve my country. Here in Ghana, we have very unfair leaders leading us, they make decision based on their judgements without listen to the opinions of the people, this type of leadership is called autocratic leader, and I my opinion I disagree with it, For instant our leaders made the decision to demolish many houses just to build a church, the people of Ghana disagreed with this decision but our leaders didn't give a hoot, and just went on demolish these house , may citizens lost there houses and at the end the church was incomplete. Another incident is the increase of taxes , citizen are forced to pay large amount to find shelter, eat and do work, because citizen have less money to take care of themselves and their families. In my opinion if I we a Leader I will first seek the opinions of the citizens and take there opinion to parliament for the final decision, this type of leader is known as democratic leadership and I find this type of leadership effective and prominent, I will make wise decision that will benefits the citizens and improve my country for the better.

• Being the leader of a country means dealing with a lot of stress and challenges. One reason why it might not be great to be the leader of your country is because of the high stress levels. Making important decisions that impact so many people can really take a toll on your mental and physical health. Leaders often have to give up a lot of their privacy. Their personal lives are constantly in the spotlight, and they have very little time to themselves. With the media always watching and tight security measures in place, it can be hard to have any sense of normalcy or personal space.
    Thank You, and that's why I do not want to become the leader of a country.

• I have to say No, as being a leader means a lot of responsibilities and stressful situations.
    I just want to remain a simple happy person and stand by my country's problems when is needed.
    I don't want to be into the political systems for fear of changing my personality into an arrogant one with power and money.
    Additionally Iam a person that does nor want to stand in front of a crowd but just be next to them.

• First of all hello to everyone, from my point of view in our country the system in which the country works is a little bit strange also adding the new law of amnistía, etc but I don't want to enter in politics. If Spain, mu country, where on my hand I would make an incredible revolution for what is good and what isn't , also I would take care of the people of the country, what they say, their opinions and new ideas, etc. To conclude I think that if the country where on my hand would be better than how is going now.

• No, I would not want to be the leader of my country or any country. Leading a country is a very tedious task, and many world leaders have been targeted by assassins and many other threats. Leading a country brings a heavy weight on your shoulders with associating with world rulers, fulfilling the needs of the people, harsh criticism, and much more. Being the leader of a country has numerous risk factors for your mental health and physical health. The ONLY thing that would change my mind is if the world was ending with only 2,000+ people left in need.

1. What a thought! Can you explain why you'd be up for being the leader of around 2,000 people but not more?

1. By saying I would be up to leading around 2,000 people is to show that only in a dire situation is when I would be willing to be the leader of others. Over the number 2,o00+ I feel would be to much of a burden to carry in my opinion. Maybe if there was a plaque that wiped out almost the whole planet people would need someone to depend on. So that's why I'd lead so little people.

• I would not like to be the leader of my country one day due to the extensive risk that come along with being a leader. Becoming a leader of a country constructs many negative obstacles, such as threats, hate, and pain. For example, if an enormous amount of voters dislike you, there will be a wide-range of hate flooding towards you even within a few days of your success being released. This event was seen when former president, Donald Trump won an election against Hilary Clinton as a result of many votes from electoral c0lleges. During this period, the US' threats spiked. I feel that this type of environment would truly deteriorate my mental and physical health during the period I control a country.

A safer and more positive environment could possibly make me change my mind. I feel this since it would lower the risk of a fractured health. A positive environment would truly support a healthier my span of control. My responsibilities and actions with good intentions would experience beneficial reactions instead of hate. On the other hand, in our current negative environment I will always experience hate even if I acted with good intentions because everyone maintains different opinions.

I

• Yes, I would love to be a leader in my country in order to correct the mistakes done by our past leaders which made the economy of Nigeria to fall and other factors.
    If I ever have the opportunity to be the president of my country, I will provide free education for the students, employ workers who are willing to work, build industries for the economy to rise and go into agriculture so that they will be more of exporting than importing goods to the country.
    Lastly, I will fight against gender inequality in my country because women are not supported to be in power they are always looked down.

1. Absolutely! Your sympathy towards Nigeria is commendable, but you should look at the negative impacts you will face when being a leader in your country. Being a leader means having many responsibilities. And, some people wouldn't be able to handle all of the responsibilities. If you mess up one bit then it could ruin the whole government. Not only it effects the economy and government, but also your reputation. The spotlight is on you, if you make any action that other people will oppose to, then it would mess up your whole reputation, unless you can do something to fix it. Therefore, being a leader means a lot of work and being very careful on every move you make. But, that are just the hardships, there are many positive things when being a leader too!

1. Hi discreet harmonica, I really appreciate your comment and I also understand that a leader has lots of responsibilities and challenges to face when they are in power but the ability to overcome it is one of a kind. So I suggest a leader should be someone who has experienced lots of things in life and how to overcome those challenges instead of running away which will not only affect his reputation but as well the citizens of the country. Thanks.

• If I am a leader in my country,I will put an end to industrialization problems.
    There are several factors that are responsible for low level of industrial development.poor quality of industrial labour, illiterate popular, insufficient capital and, shortage of raw materials .this are problem that need solution in the country,if I am the president this are the judgement I will pass down to the society.

1 shortage of raw materials: lack of sufficient raw materials available can hinder production.shortage of raw materials can cause scarcity and inflation.for example if there is low availability of wood, books will be expensive and students won't be able to afford it.as a leader in the country what I will do is to stop deforestation and illegal wood cutting.

2 inadequate power supply:there are frequent disruption of power supply in industrial areas and many areas do not have power supply.so many companies can't function well due to disruption of power supply,but if I am a leader I will make sure I provide electricity at all time immigrants(expatriate )from other countries can be able to establish their own companies.and there would be job availability for the youths.

Competition with foreign goods: because of the better quality of foreign quality goods produced by our local industries are not usually patronized .
    As a leader what I will conduct symposia on exceptional customer service skill by creating awareness using the media.
    so as a leader all I will do is create awareness using the media on how to run a business,stop illegal use of natural resources and provide electricity for the marketers.
    With this industries can be productive.

• I would never be the leader of my country or any country, and there is nothing in this world that can make me change my mind because there are people of all types, i don't now wether that is good or bad, but I am concious of the fact that if I am the leader of a country not everybody is going to agree with my opinions, and who knows how much hate I can generate or even how many people would hate me so much that would try to do whatever with me to make me disappear. I know that this is quite paranid, but it would not be the first time I hear that a leader or a president has recieved a death note with bullets inside or just a threatening comment.
    So, due to this I would never be a world president, and there is absolutely nothing that can make me change my mind.

• Okay,
    I said yes because I believe that Nigeria really needs an educated leader who has a better knowledge of economics and other social science courses in order to improve the management of our natural and mineral resources.
    In Nigeria today we are suffering from the problem of scarcity of food and scarcity of money. These problems can be solved by doing the following:
    _ investing on small holders farmers
    _ investing in a climate smart agriculture
    _ reducing gender inequality and empowering women.
    I think I can solve these problems by supporting the populations in the geographical area.
    I would make sure that I increase the rate of educated people in the country. I would enlighten them to avoid food wastage and also re using left over food to make new and fresh recipes.
    I would make sure the mineral resources are properly used of to invent things like zinc, phones, gas cookers and other things.
    Thanks

• I personally, would not want to be the leader of my country one day. I would not want the pressure of running an entire country, how would I run a whole country when I can barely keep up with my schoolwork? Seeing how the current leader of my country is going, I would feel too overwhelmed trying to please everyone. For example, many people are upset that the U.S is supporting Israel by sending them money to help with war funds, but others are in support of the government helping out Israel. No matter what mistake you make, someone is always going to be upset.

• No because I know that leading a country is not simple. This is because some people might not agree with the changes you make when you are leading a country. You have to be open-minded to other people's suggestions and you have to attend so much meetings you might not even get time to rest.
    I personally know I can't handle all these responsibilities mainly because they will be a lot of the negative reviews I might make some people angry if I decide to change some few things maybe like destroying an old shop that some people like to build new mall. I don't like making people angry but having this job will make a lot of people angry 😡

• HI! I chose no. I chose no because I feel like leading a country is too much responsibility. Angry citizens, other countries wanting wars, taxes, etc. I just don't think a job with so much power is right for me. Many duties will be made by me and many bad things will happen in the country. One thing that could help me change my mind in ruling a country would be equality. If a black women was looked at as an equal of a white man than I might reconsider , however, too many tribulations would face me for simply being a black woman.

• Personally, I selected no because I don't want to be the president of my country, I would like to play for my national team, and as president I would not be able to do that. Nothing would be able to make me change my mind to become president.Other students perspectives might be different because they could have chosen yes, which would have been the opposite of mine, or they could have chosen no for a different reason.

• If I was a leader of a country, the country could not be big. During this lesson, my teacher demonstrated how it feels to be the teacher of this classroom vs how the Leader of India leads a country with 1.4 billion people. If my country had people like this, I would be tired, everything would be hard to do, every decision would be hard to make. Stuff would just be difficult.

• I do not want to be the leader of my country because that sounds like a lot of work and I am not used to all of that attention. I would also not be able to follow my dreams and become a paleontologist. To change my mind, I think someone would have to pay me a lot of money like 1 million dollars.

• I said no to being the leader of my country one day, because I simply don't think I'd be good for it. I know other people that would be able to handle themselves better under the pressure of the position. I don't do very well under stress and wouldn't want to harm my country or make a wrong choice. In order to change my mind it would have to be a desperate situation where there is no clear option to vote for that will do more good than they will harm. If world leaders decide they can't talk things out like adults and end up making irrational decisions, then maybe I would change my mind and like the idea.

• No, being a leader comes with great responsibility, and I in fact could not handle that. Each word could affect how people think of me, so I have to choose my word carefully. One mistakes, and it leads to a huge problem. Leading a country can also be stressful, and cause headaches. And I know I could not handle any of that, I know my limit. Nothing could really change my opinion on this.

1. perhaps as you learn more and test your own personal limits, empowered_trombone, you might change your beliefs about what you are capable of....

• Despite what many other topical talkers are saying, personally I would like to one day be the leader of my country. As much as I would like to say that I know exactly what I would do if such power was given to me, I don't. It would be a role of such importance that it would be almost impossible to say what exactly I would do.
    But one of the things I would aim to achieve was complete equality, not only in my country but across the globe. Even though this would be quite a strenuous and difficult task to complete, it would definitely be one worthwhile to achieve.

• A lot of people would like to be the leader of their country and the truth is that I would want as well.
    If I could become the leader of my country I would make a lot of changes to help my country improve in many sectors.
    First of all, I would make school last less hours because I think that students are getting tired with endless hours of school lessons.
    Also I would give a fine to everyone that throws rubbish at the street because pollution is being increased in many areas.
    Lastly I would definitely be close to all my voters to listen to them and all their problems they may have.

1. Interesting ideas. What would be the downside of educating children less?

• I would not like to be the president of my United States. I am firmly rooted in the belief that nothing, absolutely nothing, could change my mind.

But, if I was made the POTUS (President Of The United States), I would make these changes.
    1. Finally agree on a budget so that we don't have another government shutdown. The budget would include:
    a. Aid for Ukraine and Israel.
    b. Raises for workers in the department of education
    c. Funding for the revitalization of impoverished areas.

2. Take care of our veterans.
    3. Strategically invest in energies, both conventional and renewable.
    4. Invest in research and scientific advancement.

I believe these policies will set the United States back on the right track through the 21st century.
    Thank you for reading.

1. Are your changes in order of importance? Why have you picked these as the most significant issues for a president?

• I chose no because, sure, people have told me that I would make a great leader but leading a whole country is out of my abilities. When making decisions, I would have to make sure that decision can fix all areas of problems. I can't promise the country a change because no one knows what the future has for us maybe something would happen that would set my promise to flames.
    If the country was a good country I would be able to make it better.

• Hello dear folks, topical talkers and citizens of the world,
    If I said yes one change I would make is for people to think into the future because what would happen right now could give you an image of the future, and if I was in charge I wouldn't force anyone to do anything but children would vote like the adults will. Adults will still vote. The children will vote because they will have a bigger image than a lot of adults.

If I wasn't and people were acting like, we are so chilled in the middle of something serious I would turn things right and be in charge, just to make sure people are ok

• I would rather not be the leader of my country and answer "no". The reason for this is I believe I am not mature enough. I am easily pressured by others and can sometimes have odd opinions and these are qualities of me that would make it tough for me to be a leader, especially of an entire country. I do not think there are many things that can change my mind but if I grow up and become more mature and learn to speak up, there is a possibility I may answer "yes" to the question.

• Yes, I will want to be the leader of our country. First of all, I will make the borders stronger to prevent any strategic invasion, which is a possibility that is on the horizon. This will also deter any terrorists from trying to escape the law by heading to another country. And perhaps the most important benefit is that it will allow strict laws about immigration. Making sure that there is a sufficient amount of immigrants and refugees pouring into the country at any time. This will be incredibly helpful because many people from Sudan and Yemen immigrate to Egypt, which will help establish diplomatic relationships with neighbouring countries. If we show them that we take care of their people and don't neglect them, then it will strengthen our overall foothold in the region because we will have many allies. All of whom are grateful for our attempts to save their less fortunate.

Second of all, I would begin trying to stabilise the economic sector by beginning to make factories, using our abundance of natural resources, such as cotton, to export to other countries. This will help alleviate the current economic crisis happening in Egypt. This extra wealth will be used to repay our debts that we took from various countries. We may also get cheaper deals for resources we don't have access to because we will be a global manufacturer. This will also make manufacturers want to manufacture their products in Egypt because the cost will be cheaper than elsewhere and the quality will be top-notch.

Last but certainly not least, I would begin addressing the infrastructural gap between the city, country, and desert areas. The city has the capability to manufacture products that are more industrial; the people in the country will be able to use the abundance of natural wildlife to set up farms and maybe even make special tree farms that don't affect deforestation. This will help the city because it will make the environment cleaner. The country has one other distinct advantage: the Nile River. Using the river, we can make dams such as the Hoover Dam in Nevada, United States, and the Kariba Dam in Siavonga, Zambia. We already have the High Dam, but we still have more water. This isn't even talking about seas. The desert will prove to be the most quintessential asset we have at our disposal. Because of the extreme amount of sunlight, we can make solar panels, which harvest the power of the sun. Considering about 96% of Egypt's land is desert, I think you can see the possibilities for the largest solar farm built in the history of man.

But this is only one man's opinion; what would you do if you were the leader of your country?

• Hi, I would like to say both yes and no because the reason why I said yes because I want to make my country a better place for citizens and for anybody who wants to seek hospitality in my country also I want my country to be recognized everywhere and to be respected and to reduce the rate of Nigerians being discriminated by other countries but I also said no because people who are part of the government are involved in shady activities and you have no choice but to participate if not you will be removed from your position and you will be threatened by other government officials if you were to say a word about what is going on in the government.
    So for those reasons, that's why I want and don't want to be a leader of my country.

• It is a fact that governments have the same mentality last years.
    In my opinion there must be changes in our country and there is no doubt that some politicians are on their positions with only one goal: to became rich and get reputation.
    If I could become the leader of my country, first of all, I would tell the truth to the people and I wouldn't give them promises If I wasn't sure for them.
    For me if the governments would focus more on young people and how to make their future better it would be a big improvement in our world.

• The truth is I wouldn't like to be the leader of my country and that's because I don't like having many responsibilities and lead others although I would like to make money when I grow up.
    My personality isn't built for this role, however I have my personal opinion and that could be heard through voting.
    For only this reason, if was to be a leader I think I would be a good one, as I have original plans and ideas and growing up I would learn how to improve my country and fulfill wishes of people in my country

• I would like to run my country as a leader one day. But that position comes with a lot of difficulties though.
    One wrong move and you are out. If I were in that position I would try to make the system more fair. Another thing is that I would try to improve the development of my country in technology and education and generally help it grow faster.
    The education system could change too.
    If you look at Finland for example they have the best schools in Europe and that because of their Innovative methods.

• Hello everyone !

I really want to be the leader of my country and make my country a developed nation. My country Nepal is a developing country and in some places, There are not that much facilities like health care, education, pure water to drink, etc. so if I became the leader of my country, I will try to improve these things and try to give education to uneducated persond . I will be the one of the best role model for the citizens of my country.

Thank you !

• I do not know but I choose yes. Leading a country is hard but it will be also tough to see how our leaders repeat the same mistake and I feel that there are many ways to show our leaders the right way like talking to them and so on. But sometimes that does not work, so it is acceptable to take any actions and I will want to take the slow and steady way which is to lead the country when I am given a chance to show the right way. I do not know but I will happily accept the fact that I, a woman is the good president of Nigeria. I will make sure that Nigeria will be better than what is is. It will be a great country and not some country that exports rotten yam to another country. Believe it or not, I will help my country.

• Hello, topical talkers.
    Asking if one may want to be a leader is a question that I feel requires thorough thinking. It is a very challenging task and whoever may want to lead, must be a person who possesses good character. A leader is someone who guides and motivates others to achieve a certain goal and during the cause of this task, it will be very challenging as one may not be liked by everyone. You have to stand for what is right despite obstacles that come your way as a leader. Just like the quote made by Martin Luther King, Jr. which states that: "The time is always right to do what is right."
    Being a leader is not based on bossing others around; a real leader sets a positive examples for others to follow. Apart from the leader, the people who may be under him/her must also have a cohering character as we may deviate from the main goal if we do not work together to achieve a common goal. We could raise up future leaders by encouraging positions such as school prefects, class presidents, and many more.
    In conclusion, being a leader is a very demanding task in which one has to make certain sacrifices to see evident progress wherever he/she may be.
    THANK YOU.

• yes, I would be interested in the challenges of leading a country.

I would focus on these key changes:

1)Data-Driven Decision Making: I would leverage my ability to analyze vast amounts of data to inform policy decisions. This would involve using data to identify areas of need, predict potential outcomes, and measure the effectiveness of implemented programs.
    Transparency and Accessibility: Information transparency would be a cornerstone of my leadership. I would utilize various communication channels to ensure citizens have easy access to government data and decision-making processes.
    2)Global Collaboration: International cooperation would be a priority. I would facilitate discussions and agreements on global issues like climate change, pandemics, and economic development.
    Focus on Long-Term Sustainability: My decisions would consider not just the present, but the well-being of future generations. This would involve investing in renewable energy, sustainable infrastructure, and education.
    However, it's important to remember that I would still require significant human collaboration

3)Investing in education: I would prioritize improving access to quality education for all citizens, and making sure that schools are adequately funded and supported.

4)Healthcare reform: I would work towards improving access to healthcare services for all citizens and focus on preventive care to ensure the well-being of the population.

5) Environmental protection: I would implement policies to address climate change, promote renewable energy sources, and protect natural habitats to ensure a sustainable future for generations to come.

6) Economic development: I would focus on creating job opportunities, supporting small businesses, and implementing fair trade practices to boost the economy and improve the standard of living for all citizens.

7)Social justice: I would work towards promoting equality and justice for all, regardless of race, gender, or socioeconomic status, and address systemic inequalities within society.

These are just a few examples of the changes I would strive to make as a leader.
    Thank you.

• No, I wouldn't like to be the leader of my country as I think it would be very difficult to handle so many responsibilities.
    I also think that in order to be a politician you have to study the corresponding subjects about political studies and then to be active in many political and community projects.
    It is not just to have a wish to be a leader, you need to be active and socially engaged from a young age to society.
    So for this reason, I think that I am not appropriate to have this power.

• I have to say that I would definitely nit want to became the leader of my country, and I can defend my answer in a lot of different ways.
    First of all, all the people in my country would depend on me and if I made a single mistake it would affect a huge amount of people.
    In addition I would also have a lot of work to do, which I don't know if I am ready for this, but I would definitely fight to develop my country.
    Lastly I am not sure if I would be ready to defend hatred people or people against my views.

• Okay,
    Hello topical talkers
    I say yes because my country Nigeria is an under developed country so it needs to made ruled by one who has the mind set if developing it and not making away with the mineral and natural resources.
    Nigerian history has a great improvement, because Nigeria has been under the British invasion for so many years until we got our independence on the 1st of October every year. when I become the president I would make sure that everyone have equal right in anything that they do. I would abolish nepotism, gender inequality and I would make sure that I empower women for better tomorrow.
    When I become the leader, I would make Proper use of the mineral resources for the creation of many productive materials. I would enlighten the people of my country to stop any thing that will cause the deplition of the ozone layer, I would erase the mentality of bush burning because it makes the soil to be infertile.
    I would make sure the age grading system is used like from 0-17 are the depending age, from 18_60 are the working age and also from 60_to above are also the depending age.
    Becoming a leader I would have to take up many responsibilities, because people must complain and I would have to endure it. I would make sure that I create employment in all working sector and avoid the saying "EVERYTHING IS CONNECTION" I would make sure that everyone merits whatever he ir she has or is .
    By doing all these I think I would greatly reduce the rate of uneducated people, nepotism, prostitutes, armed robbers and also sexism.

• Hello! I said no, I would not like to be the leader of my country one day. I chose this option because I believe being the leader of my country (the u.s.a) comes with a lot of responsibility, pressure, and expectations. The leader of any country has to make difficult choices, face criticism, and be accountable for their citizens. They must work tirelessly to address the challenges and issues facing the countries. This could lead to mental problems and just cause you to feel lonely and depressed. There are some factors, however, that could make me change my mind For example, if there is something I am really passionate about, I might be inspired by a sense of duty and responsibility. I might see an opportunity for a positive change for that thing I am passionate about. To conclude, I would not like to be that leader of my country because of all the challenges I would have to face. However, when it is for the greater good, then I will gladly step up to make a change.

• On that note I believe that I would love to be the leader of the country but not for a day! Being a big responsibility and lot of things at hand everything cannot happen in one day.
    As a leader I would try to make the governance more transparent to people. Enforce the officials to act in a friendly manner and being attentive to needs of people. I would try to inculcate vocational training and education based on practical knowledge. I would ensure the budget allocation to be fair preventing corruption.
    Obviously it would take much time that why make me leader for an year atleast xD!

• Hi topical talkers,
    I think I go with the option yes because if am to become the president of my country, I will surely change my country's bad reputation and I am going to make a great change in my country in the sense that I will first of all, of end corruption in my country and find a way to help the widows and the less privileged in other to survive.
    I will also empower the youths who willingly want to study and provide free educations for them because I believe everybody has a shining stars in their destiny so in other to help them, I will sponsor most of them in school.
    I am also going to ensure that there is a maximum co-operation in our country because I believe co-operation brings peace and peace brings progress whereas progress leads to high rate of productivity in our country.
    I will also put to an end gender inequality because my Bible tells me that we are equal in the front of the lord so I believe women and girls should also be treated equal as they do to men. I will stop maltreatment from the men and will give a full allowance for women and girls to attended school just like men do.
    I will also ensure that our mineral resources such as coal, crude oil, cocoa, rubber etc are well economize so that we don't waste them and also use them in stock market in other in increase the country's income in export trading.
    Lastly, I would like my country to know God and to also change so that there will live long.
    Thanks.

• I will like to be a leader in the future to make the world a better place for all lives on Earth.If I am a leader,I must make different positive changes to the world.I must make sure all my attitude are attitude to make people like me more and say good about me.If I'm a leader no body will be jobless ,you must work and get all your needs (you must be an independant ). Everything will be at affordable price.Proper care and good hospital treatment will be there for everyone.If I am a leader security will be tight and there will be no corruption.
    To me politics is a clean game because,I will make sure I bring positive changes to the nation.But seriously I will like to be a leader of my country.

• It would be very challenging to be a leader of my country but I would like to give it a try.
    I would focus on some main areas for me and that would be : Education, Healthcare, Environment, Elderly people.
    Education because I want to change the way Young people are entering university in my country. I would like to be used interviews, projects and not only exams.
    A free Healthcare for all citizens or at least approachable economically to all of them.
    Environmental friendly ways to reduce pollution , to minimize possibilities of extreme weather conditions.
    And of course good care of elderly people by providing them ways to experience the rest of their lives happily.

• I choose not to be the leader of my country because in a democracy, that too one as diverse as India, it is near to impossible to satisfy all sections of the country all while ensuring that the minorities feel represented.
    Everyone citizen is unsatisfied and in some way or the other its the governments fault. Laborers are unsatisfied with their low wages, students with the education system and half the country over the benefits the minorities have. A true leaders, needs to be one who manages to understand the needs and works for the benefits of all groups, be it the minorities, the daily-wage worker or even the middle school students who struggles with the mandated curriculum.

• Hi, I chose yes as my vote because leaders are the role models or the icons of the particular countries who inspire the young citizens to become a recourse for the same. I absolutely adore the objective and the aim of creating a better sovereign state with the help of the citizens. Imagine a picture of yourself as a beloved leader and every single person in the nation supporting and implementing your proposals. Doesn't it ignite a spark inside you to become a respected leader whom everyone loves and supports? Let's take the example of Mahatma Gandhi, a well known freedom fighter of India. He was so influential that he received the title of the 'Father of India'. He is the first name that comes into my mind when I hear the words 'authoritative leader'. I would love to have supporters and followers because of my productive ideas and proposals. One day, in future if I get a chance I will try my best to be the greatest leader my country has ever had.

• Yes, I aspire to be the leader of my country one day, India. If I have my country in my hands, I would work towards making changes such as:

* Education (Accessibility and overall Development): With India's humongous population, education for all is crucial for the overall development and growth of my nation. I would ensure that everyone in my country can receive quality education affordably and fully. Sometimes, children only study until middle school, which minimizes their job opportunities. Another aspect I would ensure is that the way we educate our youth is actually helpful and effective, as outlined in our new National Education Policy. However, it won't be effective unless it's implemented and regularly checked.

An additional issue I would like to focus on is:

* Economic Development and Job Creation: With our huge population, the issue of unemployment due to fewer job opportunities is a major concern for my country. Hence, I would encourage innovation and entrepreneurship to stimulate economic growth and create more job opportunities. Furthermore, I would support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and invest in technology and green energy sectors to further bolster economic development.

In conclusion, my vision for leading my country entails ensuring accessible and quality education for all, coupled with fostering economic development through innovation, entrepreneurship, and investments. By addressing these crucial areas, I will aim to for holistic growth and prosperity of my nation.

• I start with the Quote"Elections belong to the people". It means domocracy totally dependent on peoples choice.secondly change only happen due to peoples choice of selecting leader. It only can happen due to leaders vision.A leader should be brave enough to take tough decisions and take pressure on his shuloulders for the betterment of country interst.

• Yes I would like to be the President / Prime Minister / Leader of a country, however that would leave me with big problems that I would have to deal with, such as having to stop wars, make money fo the country, help the people in the country and many other things. Being a leader is not as easy as many people think, some people think being a leader is just sitting on a chair at your desk all day doing paperwork while drinking coffee, it's not as simple though ( I wish it was) because what a leader has to do is actually lead the country, get rid of criminals, produce money for the police and army equipment. All those things are hard to get or do, for examples producing money for the military equipment. Guns, bullets, tanks and planes are not free and nothing is. They are all made from a metal and of course the metal comes from people who mine it, you can't just find it. In order to get the metal off those people you would have to pay them, well correct, but where does the money come from. Most of the money comes from taxes that people pay.

• I say no, I do not want to be the leader of my country. I say this because being the leader of a country comes with a myriad of responsibilities and a very heavy weight to shoulder. I would consider myself to be a responsible person but not someone responsible enough to lead a country. Every single word I say can have the biggest effect on the country. Being a leader also means that there will be a huge red target on my head and I do not want to be in danger. People will also have high expectations for you and if you do not meet them, you will be barraded with hate and disappointment. Being a leader can also affect your mental health. WIth so many responsibilities and things on your mind, you will most likely not get enough sleep. That can lead to bad mental health. In all, I would like to live the life of a regular person and not be the leader of my country.

1. Can you explain a bit more about why being a leader makes you a target?

• I actually chose no because, firstly I know myself, I would not be able to control such an amount of both people and funds. Secondly, I am a type of person that likes to live a quiet and simple life, not that I would have cars, police and all that stuff clearing the way for me. I could have loved the idea of being in charge so I could change my country for the better but I feel that is too much power to control. That is also one of the reasons I commend those leaders out there who are doing the right thing and are still keeping sane, because I have been a class president for 28 pupils and that was a lot of work for myself.

1. Congratulations on making class president, reflective_cymbals. What challenges might a class president experience that the president of a country might also experience?

1. Thank you Katie@Topical Talk. Well one problem that they might both face is making decisions that would be very hard to make. For example, half of the class like something and the other do not. The class president has to decide on what to do whether to remove it or leave it. The same case for a president, he or she will get to a point where they will have to make that decision. Another problem is that the ignorance of people to follow simple instructions given by he or she. Lastly, it can be very annoying when your trying to give someone instructions but he or she starts to form strong head like my mother always says.

2. Hello reflective_cymbals, I really do love your comment but there is one thing about it. That is the part you said you like to live a quiet and simple life, but have you ever thought it this way that you could be the president and still live a quiet life. You could stop all the convoids after all you are the president. Secondly, it is not a rule that the president has to live an exposed life, all you have to do is to go on live when needed to, attend the necessary meetings and the rest you could make the decisions with your adviser. You don't have to dress like a president you could just dress in something casual. I just hope that these few points help you change your mind of being president.

• On the poll, I clicked the answer choice no. I clicked this answer choice, because I feel that being a leader for your country would cause a lot of tension and pressure due to me having a bunch of responsibilites. Even though I would have help from my fellow peers I still feel like that's a lot to take on. Also, due to the population I would have to try my best to figure out the best solutions for the citizens where I reside with , and how it would affect them. I would also have to take consider everyones' opinions. In order for my mind to get changed, I believe that there should be a leader only for a specific state. To go more into depth, I would be the leader of only my state. If what I stated is not done then there is a possibility that my answer would not change.

Even though I wasn't given the option to choose both answers, if I was given that option I would be in favor of both options. I would also click on yes. According to Google, there are 650 members in the parliament. To add on, this means that I would have assistance with my vital occupation as the leader. If I had help with my role I would most likely do it.

• Yes, I would like to be a leader of my country because the way things are going is leading to a bad path. If I were a leader I would:
    Strengthen education systems which is very important so students could be good leaders.
    Do more of exportation than importation.
    Look for jobless people in order to help solve problems like hunger or spoilt roads.
    Build huge appartements for homeless people and provide them with foodstuff every month.
    Stop illegal mining.
    Build more dams.

• HELLO topical talkers,
    I said no because leading a country is not an easy job for anyone it comes with High levels of responsibility one needs to put every bit of thought which might not be an easy task there may be Intense scrutiny and criticism such as sometimes the opposition leader does some brutal allegations against one other which may be unhealthy mentally to one reason also happens to be the Political and ideological conflicts Politics can be divisive, and leaders often face challenges from different political factions and ideological perspectives. Negotiating these conflicts can be difficult, and it may involve compromising personal beliefs. The fear of being remembered negatively or facing historical criticism may discourage individuals from pursuing leadership roles. the decision to become a leader involves a careful consideration of personal values, priorities, and the willingness to take on the significant challenges that come with such a role. I feel that there are many great fellows out there who can become a great leader there are many out there who commit to the well-being and progress of those you lead. they can understand us and what we really need and I also feel that our country is going to reach great heights because many great leaders are working for the country."True leadership is not about the title you hold, but the integrity you exhibit, the vision you inspire, and the service you provide to the people you lead.".

• Hello! The thing is that at schools we already get acquainted with the notion elections. We have also elected a 5 member committee for each class and we have our own president who is responsible for discussing about any problems in class and projects or field trips we are taking part.
    I believe that this make me more aware of how election works and as one of the member of this committee, I would like the idea of being a leader.
    I would love to change some things in my country and be more innovative in fields such as education and environmental projects.
    I would like to have a lot of green parks around mu country with beautiful lakes and bigger streets with cycling routes.

1. Sounds great to prioritise environmental projects! Do you think this will be easy to implement?

• I would be a leader of a country,there may be hardships throghout the journey but my mother always says if you try hard enough you can do anything.Also one thing that presidents always do it is make empty promises personnally I would do things that I know and is realistically possible.

1. Can you give an example of a politicians 'empty promise'? Why do you think this happens?

• Okay
    I say yes because when I become the president of my country Nigeria, I would balance the economic system and reduce the rate of scarcity of both food and money.
    Many individuals who are graduates do not have jobs in Nigeria, when you to the local market in the market in the community, you graduates selling pepper, onions,ice fish and the rest because of lack of employment, but I assure when I become the president of my country, I would create job opportunities for educated individuals and personnel's and also advice people in the country to learn skills and handworks to enable them take care of some of their needs even if there is lack of job.
    In Nigeria the right of the minorities are been terminated by the majorities because of their wealth but when I become the president it would be one of the things I would love to correct. I would erase the mentality of poor and rich and make every one look equal to each other. I would plead on behalf of the less privileged so that the influential personalities in the country like the musicians, the actors and actresses and other notable people to help them financially.

By doing these my country would be very calm and promising.

• I chose yes because I would like to know that I can make my country fruitful and one of the best countries in the world. My country would be peaceful and secure, so much so that no other country would have a war with mine. The people of my country will love me and be loved very much. I would try my absolute best to overcome all the difficulties, after all, it's part of being a leader. There may be conflict between tribes or regions, but I will make sure to show my people that conflict is only making the world worse. I will also make promises that are within my ability to fulfill because other presidents make impossible promises to fulfill and in the end what they promised never happens. I will be a different leader, better than the ones who make their countries suffer.