Businesses v the environment

Festival2024_Expert-Topic-DiscussionBanners-1

In another discussion, enthusiastic_buffalo wondered whether businesses have a duty to address environmental issues.

What do you think?

• Icon-Enviroment-Hand

Option A

= Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses.

• Icon-Money

Option B

= No because businesses should prioritise making profits over environmental concerns.

• Icon-Unsure

Option C

= Sometimes, depending on the business.

This discussion was inspired by enthusiastic_buffalo of IB Arthur School in Ghana. Well done, enthusiastic_buffalo, you have won five stars for having your idea published!

Comments (133)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I pick A. You may be wondering why. I really want to ask a question. Do businesses run on this planet? or aren't business also a cause of environmental degradation and climate change? The answer is Yes, businesses are run on this very planet, earth and they are also a cause of climate change. So I believe they most definitely have a duty and role to play in protecting the environment. Another reason why I picked A is because the environment affects everyone including businesses. Even if maybe a business does not cause environmental issues(which is impossible), they still live and run on this planet and if they are to continue successfully, the environment must be helped. People need to understand that environmental issues is not just a personal problem, it is a global problem. This means that wherever you are, whatever you do, as long as it is on this planet, you are affected and thereby it is your responsibility to prevent and stop it.

1. I totally agree with you " the environmental issues is not just a personal problem, it's a global problem." Because we are human beings and we live in earth. So, without earth there is no planet for us to live. If we want to stay alive, then we should take care of the earth and our environment. We are the creatures who are responsible to reduce environmental issues, not increasing it.
      Thank you!

2. I totally agree with you articulate moment but have you ever asked yourself whether environment can lead to the rise or fall of every business as well as the reasons which could cause this?

1. Yes, I actually have asked myself if the environment can lead to either rise or fall of businesses. The truth is it can lead to both, depending on how you take care of it. If a business is one which always tries to save the environment, it will develop a good reputation which can increase customers and thereby increasing profit. Nowadays, there are some people who seek environment friendly goods and helping the environment is a pretty cool way attracting new customers, don't you think? On the other hand, when a business does not take care of the environment it can have pretty bad effects on them. One way to look at it is the fact that products the use of non eco friendly resources will most likely be more expensive and also harder to manufacture. The honest truth is that if a business can not adapt to an eco friendly environment, it will go extinct because it does not have the necessary resources to produce.

1. I agree with option A and disagree with option B and C. Why?
          Businesses are also humans, right? The only difference is that they're a group. If they are humans, it means they live on this planet and their actions, whether individually or not affect this planet positively or negatively. How? Human activities such as industrial activities cause climate change and yet, we can make effort to reduce its effects on life on earth. Businesses especially cause climate change through their industrial activities which cause air, land and sometimes water pollution [waste].
          Businesses can encourage activities to reduce the effects of climate change. How? Like I've suggested in other conversations, Businesses can make free or cheap products with motivating messages on climate change. For example, clothing lines can make shirts, face caps or hoodies with the caption, 'Keep Earth Green!' Making them free or cheaper than other products encourage customers to buy them and spread the against-climate-change spirit. Restaurants and other food-producing businesses can also put such captions, its advantages and how they can carry them out; by placing them on their labels and flyers, e.g. encouraging recycling. Businesses can also organize programs to enlighten their staff on climate change and the businesses' role in it.
          No matter your business type or purpose, it is everyone's responsibility to take care of Earth because we all live in it.
          Thank you.

1. Hi, I totally agree with you and option A since nowadays it is a well-known fact that environment is being menaced by a lot of factors such as the air pollution of the factories that emit carbon dioxide.Thus it is essential for today’s businesses to be able to preserve the environment. For example it could be a great idea for businesses to adopt an ecological behaviour to their production such as limiting and replacing machines that emit gas or using environmentally friendly materials and biodegradable packaging for their products

1. Hi,independent_reflection you are right. But, If the amount of black smoke producing machines in factories and companies is reduced then the output will decrease. It will cause loss to the company as well as people will not be able to buy their necessary goods. What is your opinion independent_reflection about this ?

2. I agree because... Since it is a common knowledge these days that a variety of variables, including air pollution from factories that release carbon dioxide, pose a threat to the environment.Because of this, it is imperative that businesses today can be able to protect their environment by investing into projects that stop the production of bad pollutants from factories and exetra.

1. I agree with you gentle_dragonfruit because,

Air pollution from factories is a big problem for our planet. It's not just about carbon dioxide; factories also release other harmful stuff into the air like smoke and chemicals. This pollution can make the air dirty and hard to breathe. But there's hope! Some factories are starting to make changes and produce things in a more eco-friendly way.

For example, instead of using machines that create a lot of pollution, some factories are using cleaner energy sources like wind or solar power. They're also finding ways to reuse materials and reduce waste. This not only helps the environment but also makes the air cleaner for everyone to breathe.

By making these changes, factories are doing their part to protect our planet and make it a healthier place for everyone. So, while air pollution is still a problem, it's good to know that there are people working to make things better.
                Thanks😁!

1. I agree with your comment strongly, many factories are responsible for many pollutions,here in Ghana timer factories are responsible for many deforestations in different region's, in 2022 Ghana lost about approximately 118,00 hectares of natural forests increasing CO2 emmisions in the county, this has caused intense heat 🔥 in the country causing droughts and saracity of food. Mining factories also cause severe water pollution in the country, dangerous chemicals such as mercury and DDT are used in mining, these chemicals are then carried into waterbodies' , polluting them people rely on these water bodies to survive and at end these same people die or get illness because of the negligence of these factories. Oil drillling factories also cause water pollution,by dumping crude oil into water bodies endangering many lives. Factoires in Ghana that burn plastics and trash produce large amounts od smokes causing air pollution, which could cause respiratory dieases , produce carbon emissions and endangeer the ozone layer at helps protects the world from intense heat. In my opinion I think these factories should fix the problems they have created ,for intance timbre factories can plant little seedilings to replace the trees they have cut after all there is a saying" after death comes life". Mining factories should ensure that every chemical used should not affect other waterbodies and find effective solutions to cleanse these waterbodies. Oil factories should used the leftover oil to restore roads to avoid furthur accidents. Instead of burn plastic and trash , reusing and recylcing these plastics is an effective ways to help the environment.
                  Thank You ☺!

1. I truly agree with your words of wisdom. Firstly, your mention of the significant deforestation caused by timber factories in Ghana, resulting in the loss of approximately 118,000 hectares of natural forests in 2022, is solely true. This deforestation not only worsens climate change by increasing CO2 emissions but also intensifies heatwaves, droughts, and food insecurity within the country. Moreover, just as you stated, the impacts of mining activities (also known as Galamsey), particularly the contamination of water bodies with hazardous chemicals like mercury and DDT, are endangering. When the waterbodies are polluted with these dangerous chemicals, like in most villages or small areas, people drink from them and get deadly diseases such as cholera and diarrhoea. Most animals also drink from polluted waterbodies and die. And if the animals keep on dying from this and we do not do something about it, where will we get most of our food from?

3. I side with you independent reflection, businesses need to utilize the machinery which they use to work like instead of using fuel powered machines, we can use electric machines instead, industries that dump sludge into oceans or seas should be handled and a new style of disposing industrial waste should be adopted to. And I tell you we will be fixing and preserving the environment for newer generations to enjoy and also for our own good.

2. Hi articulate moment,
          I solidly agree with you that the environment can either lead to the rise or fall of business if not taken care of.
          But here's a question for you, do you think customers can also lead to the rise or fall of business if not properly taken care of by the owner or company?

1. Hi
            I agree with you intelligent_nectarine. The environment can either lead to the rise or fall of business and customers can even make a business fall by giving bad reviews on the seller's products if it is bad and hurts the environment and a business can fall by polluting the environment with some industrial wast like plastics etc and industrial waste makes people sick because it is harmful to us and that is why the environment should be taken care of
            Thanks.

1. I totally agree with you inspiring sealion because customers can make a business fall by giving bad reviews on the seller's products.
              But here's a question for you here, do you think bad reviews could cause lots of damages to a company or brand if the company has a good reputation round the globe?

2. Hello Intelligent_nectarine
        Yes, the business environment can impact the success and failure of a business. It includes factors like economic conditions, market trends, competition, government regulations, and changes in any of these factors can create opportunities or threats for businesses.

1. Hi approachable_wolverine,
          I totally agree with you that business environment can impact the success and failure of a business. But do you think competition could greatly affect or lead to the downfall of a well known brand.

1. Hello intelligent nectarine
            Competition can significantly affect a well-known brand. Strong competition can result in a loss of market share, reduced profits, and a decline in brand reputation. If a brand does not adjust to changing market conditions, it may find it difficult to sustain its competitive advantage and could face potential failure. Brands must consistently analyze the competitive environment, comprehend consumer preferences, and adapt their strategies to remain pertinent and robust in the market.

1. I solemnly agree with you, but do you think competition helps to grow a brand?

3. I agree because i think that an environment can lead to either a rise or a downfall of a business. If a business tries to save it community it would increase more consumer which would be a profit to the environment do you think one should make their environment a better place for consumer? An environment should learn to develop it encolpia for a better environment thank you.

3. i agree but its a problem for everyone including animals,plants and more.there's many human beings living on this earth so if we want this to be a healthy enviroment for everyone we must care for the earth and keep it good.

4. I agree that when it comes to the planet, it is everybody's responsibility. I am well aware of the fact that businesses' main aim is to make money, but the use of greener appliances and energy will go a long way. Environmental concerns could lead to both the rise and fall of a business because people may support the company if it moves to more eco-friendly solutions. I also believe that when a company shows no concern for the environment, it might receive a lot of backlash.

1. I disagree because while environmental considerations are important, they may not always be the primary factor that determines the success and failure of a business. Other factors such as quality, pricing, marketing strategies, and customer service can also significantly impact a company's performance in the market. Moreover , some businesses may prioritize other aspects of their operations of their operations over environmental sustainability due to various reasons such as cost constraints, resource limitations e.t.c. While environmental concerns can persuade consumer awareness and the brands reputation, they may not be the main factor of a business' success or failure.

2. I agree with you reliable_lobster, because everyone is responsible for our planet from anything small to big with bigger company though some things may have a bigger effect such as company's but all of the things we do has a effect on the planet and we should try to help assist it.

5. I agree with you. Every business has it's duty towards the environment, because, the more power one has - socially as well as financially, the more that entity becomes obliged to contribute towards the environment. A business has a lot of compacted wealth, that can be channelled into various social prospects, environmental concern being a primary one.
      If a business decides to, it can turn the tide of environmental progress. Hence, it is morally obliged to do it. A businessman consumes nature's resources just as equally as the common folk. Hence, it is his duty as well to return to the environment everything he can in the form of his business!

6. I completely agree with you! The environment is something that we should all take care of because we only have one planet 🌍. It's great to see that you share the same thoughts as me.

I understand that businesses need to make money 💰, but it's important for them to prioritize environmentally-friendly practices. By using greener appliances and reducing electricity usage, they can help contribute towards sustainable development 🌿.

Isn't it amazing to see how small efforts can make a huge difference? Like in Ghana, where shop owners encourage customers to return glass bottles for recycling ♻️🍾. It's these little things that can help protect our planet and create a better future for everyone.

You know what? I've also thought about how the environment can impact businesses. It can either lead to success or failure 📈📉. If a business focuses on implementing eco-friendly practices, it can develop a great reputation that can attract more customers and increase profits 💰. On the other hand, if a business neglects the environment, it could result in a negative image and a decline in sales 🙁. So, it's always better to take care of our planet! 🌿🌎

7. HELLO
      I also agree with option A because it's everyone's duty to protect and to think of brilliant ideas to make our environment better to live in. Also I think that if everyone could give more attention to our community it can raise more awareness about global warming and I believe it can contribute a lot to our society.
      Business communities must lead this charge as they are ones directly imparting the environment.

• Hi, I agree with option C because how your business reacts to environmental problems depends on your consumers. You always want to make your company look good in the eyes of your consumers, so you have to make sure that a big part of your consumers agree with your opinions. If I have a vegan-friendly restaurant, my consumers are more likely to want to help with environmental issues. If I don't speak up about climate change or agree with something going against it, most of my consumers will probably boycott me. On the other hand, if I run a company that already does harmful things to the environment, my consumers are probably ignorant when it comes to the environment. So, voicing my honest opinion about climate change wouldn't be the best choice. Although you shouldn't be prejudiced against anyone, it's important to think about how your consumers will react to what you put out.

1. I totally and solely disagree with you on the point where you said, that cleaning the environment depends on the consumers of a business which is totally wrong from my own prepectly of reasoning why you might ask is because in the business wasn't built by the consumers but are sold to the consumers whereby the cleanliness of the environment where the business is located most especially should be neat and clean to attract more customers for the company can be made possible.
      So in conclusion what I am trying to say is that the cleanliness of the environment doesn't depend on the consumers but rather depends on the all the individuals including the business. Thanks.

2. I'm not sure about this, I want ask you question about what you have just said, should businesses give higher importance to something over other things, aligning with consumer opinions on environmental issues, even if it means adjusting their stance?"

3. Hi Charismatic Squid.
      You stated some great points, but I would like to disagree with you because businesses consist of people and even though their main aim is to make money, climate change is a global problem and if climate change hits us with full force will we say that businesses should be left out of it?
      So, in my opinion, every business is involved in the climate emergency.
      Even research states that by reducing their environmental impact and improving resource efficiency, businesses can lower operating costs and improve profitability.

4. yes i totally agree with you. Nowadays most business forget to check the safety of the environment in the run to make profits.Big companies must have a sector to check to the environmental damages caused by their company and should take up the responsibilty to minimise them.Cause this world is not only for our use.If our ancestors had not looked after the environment and only thought of their profits we way not be able to see the beauty of our earth which is gradually getting destroyed.The polluted rivers which were once a source of fresh water,the polluted atmosphere,etc are the aftermath of our current action.So I suggest that not only the businesses also each individuals should also take up the responsibility to clean up the environment.The environment is not for our greed but for the survial for our future generations and it is our responsibilty to ensure that our future generations also gets to enjoy the beauty of our natural environment.Thank you

• I choose option A. Businesses should try to do their best to address environmental issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean businesses are obligated to. If a business can afford ways to make their products "greener", then go for it! But if a business cannot afford to do that, they could still try their best to be "greener". Some examples for this could be, reusing leftover materials, recycling and reuse, donate materials that will not be used, water conservation, and even just choosing "green" suppliers!

1. I totally agree with you and hope that all business in the world will live up to the standers to solve more environmental problems in the world whereby making the world to become a GREEN CLEAN WORLD. Thanks .

2. I agree because I also believe that businesses should do their best to address environmental issues. I believe businesses should always lean towards the more eco-friendly option when making corporate decisions. Of course, if businesses have financial problems or they try their best to help but it really isn't much then they should be allowed some slack, but if a business is purposely leaning towards environmental hurting products then it would be problem. A few examples of ways that businesses could help to reduce climate change is by reducing its factory production or using less plastic items with their products. I disagree with option B because if a business has enough money they shouldn't continue harming the planet when they could easily switch or change their habits, as I said before. I also disagree with option C because no matter the business, you should always work to help the planet even if you may feel you don't have the time. Nothing should get in your way to working for a better planet.

3. I also chose option A. Businesses should try their best to address environmental issues. Some companies have taken it upon themselves to do just that, one such company is NIKE. NIKE has redesigned its boxes to reduce packaging, they are also helping designers to compare to footprint of different fabrics. I also believe that now that the prices of fuel are on the increase businesses can help promote a green environment. Businesses can encourage people to take walks rather than drive their cars, board public transportation and leave their cars at home, fewer cars on the roads keep the roads saner, and less honking will indicate a reduction in noise pollution. We all owe a duty to be responsible for our environment not just the business owner.

1. I agree with your comment strongly, businesses such as Lays , Ramen ,Starbucks, Adidas, Nestlé etc. use plastics in their products and this is not the enviroment. In my opinion I think these bussiness should
        create waterproof paper bags because it can easily be reused and can not be affected by water. This can help stop water 💦 pollution and land pollution. Businesses can also help the environment by donating these waterproof paper bags 🛍 to small stores in communities. Bussinesses can help by funding money into regrowign forests this can help reduce carbon in the environment. Businesses can help the environment by using eco-friendly equipments, using solar panels to charge employees gadgets , using solar energy for electricity and post posters in offices reminding employees to save water. Businesses are responsible for the environment so using eco-friendly equipment and product can help save the environment.

4. I firmly agree with your very compelling and convincing perspective which is being illustrated by valid and persuading points. Everyone without a single exception is obliged and entitled to mobilize against environmental problems in order to ensure a better and greener future. Businesses have to be good standards for the society by organizing movements and steps like converting materials to reusable ones, superseding plastic products and using renewable energy in order to urge people to adopt this way of living too.
      Even a small step can make an enormous difference although now we can't see it. All the procedure takes time and if all of us try collectively and individually, then undeniably our effort will pay off.

1. Flagging for AI use.

5. What about businesses of which their sole purpose in driven by non-renewable energies like fossil fuel, petroleum, etc. What would happen to them? Without them we wouldn’t have a means to power our vehicles, cook, or power some houses even. An it’s not like we can just stop using these things.
      What about plastic producers, we use plastic everyday, bottles, chairs, stationeries, the list is endless, so we just can’t stop producing them immediately. How do you suggest these companies care for the environnement when what they do is in opposition with it? That’s why I kinda go with option C

6. .Hello discreet_harmonica
      I also chose option A. Businesses should try their best to address environmental issues. I hope that every business will be able to have high knowledge to solve more environmental issues and as you stated in this planet green is better. So let's keep the planet CLEAN and GREEN!! We can do more than what we can imagine.

1. I solidly concur and agree with you engaging twilight on Option A that says protecting the environment is everyone's responsibilities including businesses. Yes I agree with that because, when we work together to keep our nation clean, it gives room for a high level of productivity in our country or nation rather. I think business companies should provide a very good enhanced packaging items so that people will not get to continue dropping trashes everywhere which will lead to keeping our environment unclean.
        Also, when we keep our environment, we minimize the level or sickness and diseases we have now in the sense people won't be contacting diseases as they do before.
        Furthermore, taking care of our environment is not only for some particular group of people rather, it is a global and general duties of everybody in the world so in that case, I think business tech companies and owners can be eco-friendly to creat an awareness to people and also provide some materials use in keeping the environment clean.
        Thank you!

7. I exceedingly agree with you discret_harmonica. The reason being is that I love that you stated that business should do their best to address environmental issues.
      Every business have actions that affects the world. For example: due to the excessive use of technology in a tech company, it can increase climate change. If business can try their best to address environmental issues, it will contribute to the well being of the earth.
      These business can even do this by educating their consumers about the environmental problems happening in the world and motivate them to help reduce it.
      Business don't necessarily have to hold a meeting with their consumers, but they can include catchy slogans to their products that persuade the consumer to help with environmental issues.

8. It's great to hear you agree on the importance of taking action on environmental issues. Businesses can make a significant impact by limiting plastic use and adopting sustainable practices. Many are already doing so by phasing out single-use plastics, investing in renewable energy, and reducing their carbon footprint. Although progress in my country may be slow, some businesses have started using paper instead of plastic. Let's work together to create a more sustainable world for all.

9. I agree with your comment , bussiness should try and find ways to help protect and evolved the environment, after all if businesses neglect the environment it will affect them. I believe busniesses should use eco-friendly devices, like using solar panels often and using wind mills to power systems in businesses. Businesses that plastic to package their item can start using paperbags. Here in Ghana KFC has started using paperbags to package their food , this is eco-friendly for the environment , and it can reused and recycled. Businesses that deal with metal can use recycle old metal and use the old metal to fix lose pipes and broken drans on the streets and factories, instead of dumping them on the street's. Businesses that deal with agriculture can use leftover fruits and vegetables to fertilize the soil and use organic fertilzers instead of using dangerous chemical. Chemical businesses should should use leftover chemicals to clean local parks, public restrooms/ washrooms, and clean streets instead of dumping them in waterbodies. Employees should stop carrying plastic bottles instead carrying bottles like Thermo Flasks, Akaline bottles can be effective to the environment and benefits them in their healthy. Businesses can donate money to fundraiser that are help ing to regrow forest and stop deforestation. Businesses should ensure that employees are using water in moderation and ensuring that water doesn't run abundantly. In my opinion I think bussinesses should ensure the safety and protecting of the environment at all times.

10. I agree because... some businesses are able to make their products Greener, but if they don't have the funds for it, they can simply practice activities that help the planet, like what has been listed in "Dicreet harmonica's" comment, these actions can make the world a fresher and healthier place to live on.

• I think Option A is the best choice. It's important because taking care of the environment is something everyone should do, including businesses. Big companies have a lot of power and can really help with saving nature and being sustainable in what they do. So, it's super important for businesses to focus on being eco-friendly and doing things that help the Earth and the future.

1. Hey @enthusiastic_buffalo - how do you think businesses can focus on being eco -friendly?

1. . I think can become more eco friendly by switching to renewable energy sources using materials which are better for the society because these things are better for the environment and cheaper which could size better example for other companies

2. In my opinion, I think that buisnesses can be more eco-friendly if they rely solely on solar energy and also reduce their use of non-eco friendly materials like:
        -polyesther etc.
        so I think if the company take all these measures I think the company will be more eco-friendly.
        Thank you.

1. I agree because if businesses use eco-friendly materials in running their company, they will indirectly protect the environment. Moreover, after using the eco-friendly materials for work, the company can also produce more eco-friendly materials based on their production needs. If the company cannot produce eco-friendly materials, they can focus on how they use them, which will still protect the environment.

3. Hey Eva,
        I think businesses can prioritise eco-friendliness by sourcing from sustainable suppliers, adopting energy-efficientt practices, minimising waste, opting for green packaging, and engaging in corporate social responsibility initiatives.

4. Business can also review their supply chain to include sourcing their materials from recycled materials and reducing single use materials, especially plastics for example instead of plastic spoons, we can use metal stainless spoons, and natural fibre cloth can replace plastic bags. These natural fibre cloths can also be used in making toys for children.
        I also believe that companies can focus on upholding the highest human standard possible and also initiate a wide range of social activities that centre around change. This can be done when companies provide a healthy workplace for their staff knowing that staff in most establishments spend about one third or more of their time in the workplace, they can also implement health and fitness programs for their staff.

5. Minimize Your Footprint: Increase energy efficiency, reduce energy consumption, and move toward zero waste. Set commitments for small goals or large-scale transformations.
        - Long-Term Investments: A sustainability strategy allows companies to make long-term investments. Ignoring sustainability can lead to bigger losses in the future.
        - Circular Economy: Many corporate leaders are moving toward the circular economy, which is a significant area for growth. The renewable energy market is expected to reach $2.15 trillion by 2025.

6. Hey!
        I think innovation would be an important part of this. Businesses are quite actively involved in Research and Development due to the heavy availability of funds. If each business decides to invest in researching upon Eco-Friendly solutions for not just manufacturing, but daily activities and waste disposal, they can be a heavy contributor to environmental sustainability.
        To take for example, the development of electrical vehicles, HYV seeds etc....

7. Hello Eva@ Topical Talk,
        In my opinion I think using solar energy to power businesses can effective to environment, little businesses can use scrap to make wind mills to power their systems. Planting trees around bussinesses can help increase oxygen and provide a perfect place for employees to be close to nature Construction bussinesses can be eco-friendly by creating street lights that can be poered by solar energy and at night powered my wind energy. Oil businesses can eco-friendly by using leftover oils to fix roads. Businesses can donate moveable recycle bins to parks. Car businesses should create more electric cars and giving the word that riding bicycles and walking to work can eco-friendly and can benefit humans health.
        Thank you.

8. I strongly think businesses can focus on being eco-friendly by, planting trees in a specific area or country, and making sure that there less trees being cut, because the saying " The last tree dies, the last man dies" means that trees are what keeps some living organisms alive. This is possible because, a majority of living things exhale carbon dioxide and inhale oxygen, but trees exhale oxygen and inhale carbon dioxide.
        Businesses can also partner with other organizations that can help collect a lot of waste products and recycle them, to help decrease air pollution and increase in clean environments.

2. I agree and I would also like to add how these same businesses could be of help, for example a transport company they could resort to using more electric vehicles allowing for lower costs and less green-house gas production.

3. I agree with you. I went with option A because I believe that everyone has a responsibility to protect their environment including businesses. By working together, we can lower the crime rate by increasing employment. I say this because, when everyone participates in environmental conservation, nobody will be perceived as being lazy or unemployed. Instead, more people will be inspired to take up environmental issues, which will lead to increased innovation and the production of products that will aid in environmental protection.

4. I agree because, big companies do have a chance to help save the planet, since they can provide for the necessary equipment, and they also have link ups with other big companies, so I'm sure helping the planet would be a good idea if two or more big companies work together with other organizations willing to help too, this teamwork or collaboration can make the world cleaner and Greener within a short period of time.

• I agree with opinion a because environment is for everyone, and everyone is responsible to protect it. Well, the main purpose of business it to make profit but they cannot expect making profit without thinking about the environment. If the environment is damage, life of people will also come to threat along with the profit and production of the business. We are now seeing that people are becoming eco-conscious and are willing to buy eco-friendly products. But your business makes products hampering the environment and is harmful for the environment, then the people will not normally want to buy your products which will result you to make a loss in your business. Again, your business is also in many ways depend on the environment. Suppose your business make winter clothes but due to global warming we are facing excess summer instead of winter, then definitely you will do loss in the business. In this way, business is related to environment in many ways. So, the business also needs to be worried about environment, they should not do anything to harm the environment and need to protect it. Everyone needs to be work together to protect the environment from danger and also protect our own existents.

1. Hello joyous piano

I personally feel that businesses have a vital role to play in protecting the environment in many ways, they can do such by:

1.) Making environmental friendly products to reduce the earth being smother by some environmental harmful product. some of these environmental products are: Reusable bread bags, Cotton shopping bags etc. (reference to the Wikipedia). I feel most entrepreneurs should have the skill of being creative to help the environment.

2.) Businesses can protect the environment by making awareness to the public by making advertisements on how people should care and keep their environment clean.

Instead of only making only profit I feel that businesses can save the planet in many ways so in essence what I am trying to say is that businesses are not just designed for making money they are also used to protect the earth by creating awareness and making environmental friendly products.

Thank you!!!

2. Yes I accede to what you are saying for the reason that what ever we do affects our surroundings. If we are bad, our environment will be bad. And if the businesses are bad it will affect our environment in a negative way.We are a community and its our duty to protect our abode. We make up our environment. What ever we do will either make us move forward or backward. We can t move forward when our environment is bad. Like when there is conflict and etc.

3. I strongly believe that businesses are responsible for the care of the environment. Lots of bussineses cause pollutions around the world. Deforestation, Water pollution, Porducing large amounts of plastics causing harm to ecosystems and habitats, Producing fumes and carbon etc. Bussinesses should ensure that employees and customers work effectively to protect the environment afterall it will affect them at them at the end. Businesses should donate money to research facilities to ensure that new kinds of trees and seeds 🌱 are created to take in the carbon we produce,also funding money to project to stop the use of plastics rather using paper bags and regrow trees to help ecosystems. Bussinesses should ensure that the left over resources are used to create effecient inventions for communtions, solar panels, mills,waterpumps and drain can be created to allow some communities to have acess to electricity and water for farms. Bussiness should that projects created should not produce a large amount of cabon each year. Bussinesses ensure customers and employees should try an reduce the way they use water 💦 and try not to waste food , this farmers can have the support to plant crops 🌾 without using chemicals that can effect the environment. Bussinesses can make a huge change in saving planet 🌏 by being consistent and spreading awareness to save the environmet afterall "Consistency Leads To Success".

• Actually from my own point of view I sincerely think that the right opinion is option A, my reasons are because in business and sourceing for raw materials to build an industry where like perhaps a pencil industry making factory, while we all know that in making a pencil we need a tree so as to get wood to make or rather create a pencil for use.
    In conclusion we all know that the owners and workers in an industry are mostly humans apart from some AI powdered industry that manufactures . As we are the humans we all have a duty to take care of our environment where businesses and industries are being done that is why most governmental states have environment agencies to ensure that the business environment is safe and suitable for any business operation. So with this few points of my I hope I have been able to convince you that yes protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility including the business. Thanks.

• I agree with Option A: "Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses." This option recognises the cooperation between businesses and environmental caretaking. Protecting the environment is assured a collective responsibility, and businesses have a significant hand in this endeavour/action. Companies have a duty and commitment not only to their shareholders but also to society and the planet. Prioritizing environmental sustainability can result to long-term benefits, such as cost savings, improved brand reputation, and a healthier planet for future generations. Moreover, businesses have the ability to activate innovation and develop sustainable practices that benefit both the environment and the business.
    Option B, "No because businesses should prioritize making profits over environmental concerns," is not agreeable because it showcases a short-sighted and not well thought approach that disregards the long-term consequences of environmental degradation. While profits are beneficial for businesses, they should not come at the cost of environmental well-being.
    Option C, "Sometimes, depending on the business," is less desirable because it suggests a conditional approach to environmental responsibility, which may lead to inconsistency, procastination and uncertainty in facing environmental challenges. Consistent commitment to environmental responsibility, as mentioned in Option A, is significant for creating meaningful and lasting change.

• Hi everyone!
    I pick option A because even though one of the main reasons businesses were created was to make money climate change is everyone's responsibility because we all live on the same earth.
    Businesses have the power to influence people which can help motivate and make people do something to deal with climate change.
    Businesses also have the choice to use more eco-friendly materials.
    I think that Charismatic Squid gave some good points. Still, I do not completely agree with you because climate change is everyone's responsibility regardless of your business or work. After all, we all have one planet and need to take care of it.

• HI,
    I agree with opinion A because if businesses don't help to protect the environment, people may wonder why they're not helping. Especially the big companies, instead of being corrupt with greed and profits as the #1 priority, they could allocate some of their resources, even just to start an environmental department.

Instead of using synthetics like nylon and polyester, clothes can go back to being 100% cotton. Nylon and Polyester are not biodegradable, so they contribute to pollution.

If all of that is too much trouble, how hard is it to simply recycle? Just send your trash to a recycling center! All these actions can easily help to prevent further pollution.

Thank you for reading.

• I agree with options since it is absolutely not just normal citizens responsibility to contribute in environmental concerns. This world needs safety immediately, we are all concerned about this situation in all aspects . This world does not belong to us only, people who care about the environment, community and society should always have the urge to help make a change before it's to late. Essentially, businesses are 100% as in charge of this problem as we are. In my opinion, businesses should definitely donate a percentage of their profit to people who are capable of replanting, recycling ♻️ and other. Also, another way for businesses to support environmental development is to provide more of their products that can help in potential problems related with environmental change. In conclusion, we should all begin today, for a better tomorrow.

• I have chosen option A because it is crucial for everyone, including businesses, to play a role in keeping our environment clean and healthy. So when businesses don't take responsibilities for protecting the environment, it can have a bad impact on nature and people's health. This is a big deal because isunesses do things that affect people, and if they don't care about our environment, it might make other think it's not a big deal too.
    So really it's important to step up and do their parts in environmental efforts. When they take action, it sets a positive example for everyone else. It's like showing everyone the right way to do things, and that can inspire others to join in and make a difference. This way, we all work together to create a cleaner healthier world for everyone.
    Thanks👍.

• I choose option A because everyone is responsible for their environment we all need to minimize burning of refuge because it causes air pollution which makes the air unsafe to breath.
    And can also affect the ozone layer which is very harmful to the human body, companies and businesses could help in recycling their waste product instead of dumping it in the rivers or roads. We all need to try to manage our environment well.

1. "I completely agree with your points. It's true that some people don't think about the environment when they litter it. Besides, polluting the air, disposable food containers can also clog drainage channels. The companies that make these items should always remind their customers how to properly dispose of them to protect the environment."

2. Hi.
      I agree with with you that I choose option A , people are responsible for the climate change because we are the ones dumping wastes into the river, burning of product that can pollute the air that can affect our health.the people and business should really take care of the climate of the country for example planting of trees, properly take care of wastes.that why people and business are responsible for climate change.

• I choose A reasons because;
    1.Everybody has a role to play in protecting the environment including business organizations.
    2.Some businesses such as pulp and paper producing companies cause environmental pollution so I believe they have a bigger role to play in protecting the environment because they are the cause of it. In my opinion, I also believe that they should devise means that they can make products without causing any harm to the environment.

1. I agree because some companies play major roles in polluting the environment and this makes them part of the fight against polluting the environment. By adopting safe ways of properly disposing their waste, businesses could play major roles in the fight against pollution. Instead of carelessly dumping their waste in ways that are harmful to the environment and its habitants, companies can safely dispose of whatever harmful waste product. Companies could also adopt the use of recyclable materials as packaging for their products.

2. Hi straight forward King
      I agree with that I choose option A that people and business, everyone as a role in climate changes around the world, people should really be planting trees while businesses should be careful about their products. Sometimes, companies that makes toys with irons and plastic when not in use,then thrown into the river that can kill aquatic life. The people and businesses should really know how their throwing away stuff around the world.

• I pick A because, when you are producing a product in a dirty environment and dirt mistakenly enters the product you are making and a consumer sees it, there is high possibility that the product made can be condemned or when you are selling and item in a particular environment there can be this feeling you have about that item not being sold there. So, what I am simple trying to say is that an environment matters in a business. Thank you!

1. Yes, most companies tend to produce in an unhealthy environment which can be life threatening.they are cases where dangerous substances are found in consumable products due to negligence of the environmental sanitation.
      And also some business do pollute the environment themselves by releasing toxic substances to the air, emissions of gas, improper disposal of leftovers products.this alone can pollute the environment and it can cause less productivity and loss of costumer.
      Workers can even loss their job,if the company get reported to the government of their unhealthy production of goods and services.
      In Nigeria we have environmental officers that comes to inspect all business in the local area ,to see if their environment is clean.if it is not clean such business will be locked.

1. I'm not sure about this because...
        Why would a company sell their products in an unhealthy environment?
        Of course which they know that selling their products in an unhealthy environment would bring a huge loss and bad name to their company.

• Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses. If the business exempt themselves from taking care of the environment, they will be no more conducive environment for the business to even operate. If the business can go even an extra mile to make provisions for recycling of items, that will be a good way to show that they also care.
    If you actually think about this, You will discover that the environment is more polluted by business and less by individuals so exempting them from this role will not totally make sense.

• I think option c is the best choice for me. Yes it is true that everyone should care for the environment and make sure that it is safe but how can the people care for the environment if there's no people for it. Things like hospitals and police stations should be excused from this to some degree because without them who would make sure its the right people caring for the environment or it's enough people for the environment.For example a hospital will take care of people and make sure they get better.The better they get the more they can go out and help contribute to the world.That is why I think it should be sometimes depending on the business.

• I chose A because the safety of the environment because it is not only people as individuals that make a change everyone is included as well as businesses and organisations. For all we know those businesses can make the greater change. Popular businesses would have a larger impact on the environment because the business is known by a lot of people.

1. Hi. Thank you for sharing your views. So do you think that if renowned businesses take the initiative to protect the environment, this will incentivise smaller businesses and individuals to also act in a similar manner?

1. They probably would because, maybe they think they would become more popular or would be praised for their care for the environment. I know that when businesses are doing something they would look at how more popular businesses go about it and try to do it in the same way but in a way that seems completely original or changed to seem like their idea entirely.

• I agree with option A because even if the company or business is donating a lot of money to protect the environment and the citizens are not interested in helping, I am afraid it is a waste of time because if the company keeps fixing an issue and it occurs again due to the citizen's behaviour, then what is the point. So, I feel that everyone has a say to helping the environment. No contribution is little because what you think is little, can do a lot for the environment. For example: if you burn rubbish everyday, and you recycle it now, people will now follow your steps because they feel it will be much effective because they who even burn the trash go through a lot of challenges. EVERYONE HAS A VOICE IN CONTRIBUTING TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT.
    #Savetheenvironment
    #ShowsomelovetomotherEarth
    THANK YOU FRIENDS FOR SPENDING YOUR LUXURIOUS TIME TO READ MY COMMENT!!!!😊😊👍👍😃😃

• I think that it depends. If a business is a big company like for example, McDonalds, they should try to protect the environment since they are a multi-million dollar company. But a small business should just try and do simple things like recycling and using sustainable materials.

1. I believe that the size of a business, whether large or small, is irrelevant when it comes to environmental responsibility. What truly matters is their genuine commitment to sustaining the planet, prioritizing ecological well-being over selfish desires. Whether it's a global corporation like McDonald's or a local café, the imperative remains the same: to act in the planet's best interest.

• I chose option A that protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility including businesses because we are the main reason behind environmental pollution. We pollute our environment for many reason. So, it is our responsibility to protect the environment including businesses. Many businesses pollute environment because of their profit. Businesses heavily rely on nature resources and ecosystems for their operations. By taking responsibility of protecting the environment, they can contribute to sustainability, mitigate environmental damage and economic stability.
    Also, studies have shown that a major portion of consumers prefer products which are environment friendly. By addressing environmental issues, they can increase their brand value. They can build customer loyality. They will have a good reputation. Their brand market will grow. Thus, people will buy products of them and they can make profit from this. Also, they can protect the environment. For example : Your business is dependent on tourism. If the environment is polluted like this then there will be many tourists place which will become tourists less. Then, Your business will lose money and will suffer because of it . That's why I think it is everyone's responsibility to protect the environment including businesses.

• I disagree with option B because if businesses do not consider the safety of the environment and only prioritize only profit, it can lead to the loss of other businesses. For example, rivers are habitats for marine animals, and fishermen rely on fishing for their livelihood. If the fishes lose their habitat, life will become difficult for them, and fishermen may struggle to find other jobs.

• I confidently agree to option C.

"Indeed! Not all businesses harm the environment. Take disposal agencies, for example. They play a crucial role in keeping the environment clean, and that's their business. Additionally, there are industries dedicated to recycling waste materials such as plastic and drink cans. When these efforts clean up our drainage systems and surroundings, it can help reduce illnesses like malaria. Stagnant water can attract mosquitoes, but by clearing water channels, we can promote better health for everyone."

• HELLO!
    I agree with opinion A, taking care of the environment is something that everyone, even businesses, should totally do. It's like, our planet is super important, and we all need to do our part and keep it clean and healthy. Businesses can, like, use eco-friendly materials, recycle, and reduce waste to help protect the environment. We can all work together to make our world a better place for everyone, including plants, animals, and future generations. Let's do it!🌍💚

• I pick option A. The businesses are located on the earth, aren't they? They have a responsibility to take care of the environment as much as all of us. They might even have a bigger responsibility depending on the business. Some businesses emit waste or fumes that are toxic so they need to clean up their mess when they are done. The fact that the main purpose of a business is to prioritize profit does not mean they should do it at the expense of the planet. I don't even think it depends on the business. Whether an oil and gas company, fashion business or even a chain of restaurants, everyone has a role to play. It will benefit us at the end of the day after all. I don't think businesses should be exempted at all. There are simple ways to take care of the environment while making profit. Since the businesses are situated on earth, if the earth is destroyed where are they going to go? Just like a factory owner maintains his factory, we should also maintain the earth.

• I choose Option C "Sometimes, depending on the business.":
    Let's take a look at this. I have chosen this option because firstly we need to see the financial position of a business. They say the main purpose of a business is to make profit and if they contribute and go at a loss the business could be at a risk. If these businesses have enough money, they can help to sponsor projects which help the planet but the businesses which are just starting out should prioritize profit first. Secondly, some businesses are solely channeled to helping the environment e.g. Patagonia can cover up for other businesses which lack the capability to do such.

Option B "No because businesses should prioritize making profits over environmental concerns.":
    Analysis: If the businesses don't prioritize making profit it could be at risk to itself. What I suggest is that businesses should become more financially stable before they begin to help the environment more.

Option A " Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses."
    Analysis: Yes, protecting the environment is everyone's duty but, if a business focuses its aim on environmental issues rather than making profit in due time the business could die out. I rather suggest that the businesses could encourage individuals working there to promote eco-friendly activities.

All in all, the businesses can do little things to help the environment such as Composting and Planting trees.

THANKYOU.

• I choose option a because it's not only people that run businesses that should be taking care of the environment, businesses should also take care of the environment too because there are some things that the businesses can do for the environment like: the businesses can contribute large amount if money to those that are helping make the environment a better place. They can give to the stopping of pollution, erosion, contamination of water etc. In some cases human beings can not do it alone because some do them can not contribute money that can be needed to stop this habits that are hating our world.That's why say that businesses should also be helping the environment n ot only people should be helping it thank you

1. I agree with you because in my country Nigeria, there is a certain climate activist that is trying to stop the current climate problem in Nigeria and Africa. Young climate activists like 22-year old Azeez Abubakar is leading climate action locally in Nigeria and across Africa to challenge the status quo. Abubakar is a Global Citizen x BeyGOOD Fellow, UN Environment Programme (UNEP) roundtable member, and Youth for Climate Action Nigeria representative. This young man is trying his best to stop climate change from happening in both his country and in the whole of Africa also.
      I just think that we humans should contribute to the society so that the environment will be a better place and we will do this not individually but together as one just like Azeez Abubakar.

• In my opinion i think that Option A is the best choice. It's important because taking care of the environment is something everyone should do even businesses. Most companies have a lot of power and i think coming up with solutions to preserve our environment shouldn't impact these businesses at all as most businesses have enough revenue to spare for the greater good. Also if a company supports the environment a lot of people will support it which in return will net them more customers and less pollution which is a win win for everyone.

• I agree with option A. Protecting environment is everyone's responsibility whether it is businesses or normal people. Protecting the environment is everyone's duty living on earth. If we keep our surrounding clean then only we will have fresh air and we can save ourselves from diseases. Keeping your environment and surrounding clean will save you from many diseases. Trees should be grown as trees give us oxygen so every person living on earth needs oxygen to survive we should not cut trees so its everyone's responsibility to protect the environment.

• I strongly agree with option b because even if it is important for businesses to gain profits and be successful it is also important for businesses to consider their impact on the environment because neglecting this issue can lead to long-term consequences such as damaged to the ecosystem, as well as depletion of natural resources many consumers and stakeholders are increasingly concerned about environmental issues, and businesses that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility can gain a competitive advantage and build a positive reputation. Ultimately, businesses should strive to balance profitability with environmental stewardship in order to ensure long-term success and sustainability.

• I strongly agree with option B because businesses will care about what they do to the environment

1. I disagree because option B recommends that businesses do not need to worry about the environment if they get profit either way. Businesses should not think like this, mainly because it's their products that are ruining the earth at the moment. If business disregards this fact then the population in the world would keep going on and go until business stops worrying only about profit or until the earth isn't safe to live in anymore. This would cause business the most harm because most of their products are from animals or made from trees. If the world becomes unfit for life, there would be no trees, no animals, and most definitely no way for making products! This would cause a downfall for business if they don't attempt to help out with the environment.

• Hi ,
    I personally think businesses should address environmental issues such as climate change . This is because it will show people how it affecting everyone . It will also show that everyone needs to pitch in and help fight climate change and not just some people .
    The businesses advertising fight against climate change would be good for younger kids as well as they may the businesses as something to listen to and make them realise what big impact it is having on everyone .
    Thanks for listening
    Good day .

• Hii ,
    I agree with Option A ( Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses. ) I agree with this option because every citizens living in their respective country is responsible for protecting the environment from pollution amd other harmful impacts . And also ensure to protect buiseness . Now question must be arising why buiseness should be protected ? Wait ! I have a answer for that . Every citizens living in the country needs to protect the buiseness of their country as well . Because many buiseness have a responsibility to protect the environment alongside other stakeholders, and prioritizing environmental concerns can lead to long-term benefits for both businesses and the planet. I want to end up with the quote of Edward Abbey, "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders." Similarly, businesses need defenders who prioritize environmental responsibility for the greater good.

• Like in my perspective everybody likes to want take somewhat a small step towards protecting the planet whenever they buy something so the companies should follow the statement A as if their their company has an aim towards protecting the planet their sales would boost up

• I firmly believe in Option A, protecting the environment is a responsibility that falls on everyone, including businesses. To me, prioritizing profit at the expense of our planet's health is a short-sighted approach that neglects the urgent need for sustainability. I see economic success and environmental stewardship as complementary, not conflicting goals. By adopting sustainable practices, businesses can not only help safeguard our environment but also unlock new opportunities for growth and innovation. I believe environmental responsibility is not just a duty but a smart strategy for long-term prosperity, marrying the pursuit of profit with the imperative to protect our mother Earth for future generations.

• I strongly agree with option A because I feel everyone has a part to play in fixing a problem we all caused not excluding businesses, I also feel supporting the climate by using more eco-friendly production and service methods could also promote the business among it's stakeholders.

• I think it is option B because if a company is not making profit it not helpful to the company. Money made will also go to the government and this will be used to improve the countries fortune. If the government does not have money to meet the citizens need it will cause a lot of riot. The government will not be able to be able to rest. It can lead to
    1. Massive protest
    2. Strike action
    3. Riots
    4. Military reigns(coups)
    5. Loss of lives
    6. War
    We have some businesses that help in environmental issues. If the companies are causing too much climate change the government can reduce what they use or what they take out.

• I choose option A, because the business owners also live on this planet. I know that a business's priority is to make profit, but I strongly believe that caring for other things matters too. Although they are all always making great efforts for things to work out, at the end of the day business man are people too. They do the same activities as many others. So, if everyone else is doing something for the environment, then why shouldn't they? Personally, I think that since they get the chance to make a difference, they should. Many businesses have large numbers of employees and so more opportunities of spreading awareness about climate issues. Also, if businesses would all be polluting, without limits, then I don't think that otherses efforts would cause any major change. For example, what help would it be if people would be reducing pollution, but businesses all around the world would be polluting as much as to cover what they wouldn't be polluting? I doubt it could turn out alright.
    Overall, In my opinion, as long as we all live in the same world, we share problems. We can't pull it through if we aren't all implied. If people are doing something for the environment, then busnises should be onto it too. It only seems fair to me that they do that, because some matters matter more than just profit.

1. I agree because that is a good opinion but could that also take away their opportunities for more money by using their time helping our planet?

• I would recommend option A for businesses as a customer would rather choose a business that will take their time to help out planet aswell as help other people by giving their products which can help them financially and help our planet

• In my Option A is the way to go! We all have a responsibility to protect our planet, and that includes businesses too. It's amazing when businesses step up and produce eco-friendly products like reusable bags, water bottles, and LED light bulbs that won't harm the environment. And, if they put up positive ads on their billboards that say 'Join Us In Saving The Earth', it can inspire people to take action in the fight against climate change! Can you imagine the impact we could make if everyone did their part? Let's do this!"

1. I agree because... The Battle of Climate Change is upon us, and it's time for everyone to step up and do their part! Climate change is a massive threat looming over us, and we need to come together to combat it. Even businesses have a crucial role to play in this effort. With their vast resources and reach, businesses can help raise awareness and promote change through the products they create. Let's join hands and work towards a better, greener future!

1. I agree because... Fighting climate change is not something that can be fought in a few days because we didn't start destroying it in a few days. So, since what we did took quite a long time, fixing it will be a longer time and that means that there is a a long battle that has to be fought just to resolve the climate issue that is happening currently.
        I just think that with businesses cooperating, resolving the climate issue will be easier than without them because with their resources and money, it will be easier for us to resolve our current climate issue. They can contribute to stop pollution, erosion and deal with the problems that are happening with deforestation.
        That is a good reason for businesses to join in stopping the climate issue that we are having.

2. I agree with you. I chose A because, I think it is everyone's responsibility including businesses to address environmental issues because looking at the word environmental issues, environmental could mean things in our surroundings, that is things that have to do with the earth and issues can mean harmful effects now if it is put together it would be harmful effects to the earth. It is expected that people work together and proffer opinions and solutions that could help solve this big problem. Imagine a scenario where individuals remain in their homes day in and day out without caring for the environment, no sweeping, no cleaning, no clearing trash and people just dump things wherever they feel if businesses do the same thing as well, I wonder the kind of environment we will have. So if we want a good environment devoid of destruction of any form I think that it is time we all stand up and address the environmental challenges and issues, I say YES it is everyone's responsibility to address environmental issues.

• Greetings!
    Option A: "Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses."

I agree because businesses should care about the environment because it's everyone's responsibility. It's crucial because we all share the same planet and it's our duty to keep it healthy.However, how much they need to do depends on their impact.
    Some businesses have a bigger effect, so they should do more to protect the environment,for example some businesses like factories and oil companies might have a bigger impact on the environment,so they need to be extra careful and take significant steps to minimize their negative effects,while others should still contribute by being mindful of waste and resources,for example businesses like software companies might not have much impact but they should still do their part by reducing waste, conserving resources, and supporting sustainable practices whenever possible. So, while all businesses should care about the environment, how much they need to focus on it depends on what they do and how they operate.

Thank you!

• I strongly believe that statement A is the most correct one. First of all, if a business wants to be profitable , it should keep in mind that it should follow the people"s opinions and what our planet needs in order to survive. They have so responsibility to use environmentally friendly products whenever is possible to set good.examples to the society. When they use harmful products this can lead to the problems growing bigger and eventually even the business could be blamed resulting in its own shut down.

1. Yes, you are right educated_thought. It's everyone's responsibility to protect the environment let alone companies that we all know some of them are to blame. I mean they used in the past so many harmful ways in their factories to produce their products that is now their responsibility to reverse their actions.
      This does not mean that each of us should not fo anything , we have to continue involving us in daily environmental acts.

• I partly agree with Option B in respects to businesses not being responsible to protect the environment, but I disagree with the fact that businesses should prioritise making profits over environmental concerns. This is because profit is one of the main aims of a business and without it they would not be able to expand and become better. However, this doesn't just mean they can forget about the environment and do whatever they wish.

It is no one's duty to address environmental issues, we all have a small part to play in saving our environment, but we can't force a business to use their platform to address our concerns towards the environment. This should be at the choice of the business not the consumers.

If we decide that it is at the responsibility of the business to address environmental issues because they had a part in destroying our planet, then shouldn't we also have the same duty to address these problems as we have also impacted the environment negatively.

• In my opinion I agree with Option A because, as humans it our responsibility to care for the environment , whether running a business or not. Most businesses, such as oil business, hotel businesses, constructions, mining businesses etc. cause harm environments. Oil businesses produce large amount fumes which cause air bone diseases and affect the air the humans breathe, the leftovers of the oil is then spilled into water bodies cause harm to people and marine creature. Hotel businesses cause harm to environments by using large amounts of plastics and waste large amount of water. The plastics causes land pollution and increases the amount of rubbish used. Construction businesses cause harm to forests and ecosystems, they cut down trees and burn them to produce charcoals for trains and factories. This causes severe heat waves and drought in some environments, there will be not shade for humans to relax and oxygen levels will decrease. In my opinion I think businesses should protect environments because it the responsibility of these businesses to ensure that the environment around them is clean. Businesses can help save environments by funding their money in project that help regrow forest and build ecosystem's. The leftovers of oils can be used for road projects , hotel businesses should ensure that guest recycles ♻ plastics and ensure they don't leave water running. Businesses are responsible for the environment because if they take care the environment around them it will affect in a positive way.

• A business is not just a money-making machine. It is also a part of the society and the ecosystem. A business has a responsibility to take care of the environment, because it depends on the natural resources and the well-being of its customers and employees. A business that ignores the environment is like a fish that pollutes its own water. It will eventually suffocate and die. A business that cares for the environment is like a gardener who plants flowers and trees. It will beautify its surroundings and attract more customers and partners. Taking care of the environment is not only good for the planet, but also good for the business.

1. HI, straightforward_beaver
      I agree because... a business is not just something that is made for making money in large amounts and investments, it is something that is also made for supporting and helping the environment. You can not run a business and be closing all the environmental doors that are opening for you, this act will not be good for a business to portray.
      Disney is one of the companies in the world that have environmental initiatives. Protecting
      For over a decade, Disney has invested in nature-based climate solutions. These natural places provide habitats for animals and resources for local communities, including food, shelter, and income, all while helping reduce the impact of climate change.
      In conclusion I think that companies like Disney should be acknowledged in the world and that they should be able to follow them to stop and resolve the climate issue that we are having worldwide today.
      THAN YOU.

2. I agree with your comment strongly , there is a qoute that says" Better environment, Better tommorow", means evryone is responsible for the safety of the environment,including businesses. Businesses are one major reasons why environments are being polluted. Plastic Businesses are producing large amount of plastics every yearand 60% of these plastics are not bieng recycled or reused instead they are thrown into waterbodies affect communities that rely on these waterbodies to survive. In my opinion I think businesses should come up with effective ways to make their plastics, instead of plastics, waterproof paperbags should used more often in big cities and small local communities. Oil businesses alos cause major harm to the environmet by disposinf leftover oil into waterbodies, instead of polluting these waterbodies oil is a good way of alloy metals , so old metal can be reused again. Oils can help fix roads and potholes , help in avoid destructions on roads. Here in Ghana many mining businesses have destored many farms , waterbodies and roads, leading to a lot of pollutions and deaths. In my opinion I think these businesses should stop using dangerous chemicals for their illegal mining businesses' instead use eco-friendly equipment can help save our environments and avoid more destructions. In my opinion I think businesses should help improve the environment around them because at the end it will have a positive impact on their businesses.

• As we all know saving environment's beauty is everyone's duty that's why I pick option A as it's responsibility of everyone including business to save environment and business should not harm our mother nature . business should also contribute to decrease pollution in world and plant more and more trees but do the business do so well many large business in world are about newspapers , notebooks and furniture and many plant based products and due to this many forests are being cleared but against to this many businesses protect nature ,grow more and more trees ,inspire people to save nature and protest again deforestation so in conclusion businesses should be much involved in saving environment.

• I chose to pick option A because if everyone just did what it is that they wanted nothing is going to change and there will be know opportunity to move on progress it is the responsibility of everybody to help the environment even if one person still chooses to default at least hundreds will still be trying to help. I also feel that businesses should be trying the hardest to change the situation of the environment, businesses own a lot of production industries which cause all the mishaps in society like dumping waste in the ocean which leads to death of sea creatures and as quoted from spiderman "with great power comes great responsibility".

1. I totally agree with comment charming_artist, with great power comes great responsibility, bussinesses should be take actions to take care the planet 🌏, it home to humans humans and many creatures, it is our soul responsibility as the care takers of this planet to care and protect. Many bussinesses around the world are responsible for many pollutions', such are rubber bussinesses, plastic bussinesses, oil bussiness etc. These businesses produce large amount of fumes and smokes, left over oil is spilled into waterbodies causing harm to fishing industries, humans and marine creatures. Plastics wastes are increasing, causing land pollution, large amount of food and water being wasted which causes hunger to some parts of the world. But I believe these businesses can also be the solution to save the planet, bussinesses should fund money help recyle used plastics and help regrow forests, left over oil can be used to rebuild roads and selling these left over oils can help other countries, for instances here in Western Africa these left over oil can provide fuel making fuel prices decrease. Bussinesses should that employees and customers should avoid wating food or water, rahter these businesses can donate food and water to communities and donate rcycle bins to local park's. Bussinesses should plant trees around their companies this way the can help reduce carbon dioxide level and increase oxygen levels. I believe that Bussinesses are responsible for the planet because everything that humans do whether good or bad will affect the planet.

• I choose option A. The topic connects with the topic on whether or not everybody should be responsible for climate change, or just wealthy people. Everybody should be protecting the environment. Everybody is living on the planet, Earth, so why shouldn't they be protecting the environment? People must take care of the environment and Earth as everybody is relying on Earth as their home. If everybody should be protecting the environment, businesses are not going to be excluded. Businesses should not be harming the environment and should be environment friendly.

• I choose option (A), because people shouldn't be relying on businesses to protect the environment, but everyone has to help save the environment since not all businesses can protect the environment and they can't protect the environment at once all over the world, so people around the world should help save the environment and make the world healthier place to live in. businesses should still help to protect the environment even if other businesses are also helping to save the our natural land. I think companies can come together to make a big team which can improve the progress of protecting the environments.

1. I agree with you. Everyone is responsible for protecting the Environment but for me a lot more businesses. They are the ones after all that played an importance role on harming our Planet by dumping the waste on seas, cutting tress, misbehaving to animals for their products and much more. I think the government should put an environmental fine when they produce more pollution to our planet and suggest them alternative methods.

• I choose A because it’s everyone’s responsibility to take care of the environment including businesses. Imagine two hotels sitting side by side, one very clean and appealing the other not looking great with a pile of dirt in front of the hotel. Which one do you think will attract more customers? Individuals, small and big corporations hold it a duty to take care of the environment as most businesses are set with the intent of making profits, we must take care of our environment, clean up our drainage system, and reduce the effects of floods during the rainy periods, avoid deforestation, plants more trees to tackle erosions etc. For roadside traders especially those selling fruits, it is required that the environment is clean enough, dirt shouldn't be dumped close to the place where they sell their goods and those who buy from them should make sure the fruits are properly washed before they eat them, the health of all citizens should be preserved. Anything that makes us spend more on healthcare should be reduced to the barest minimum and it starts with every one of us taking care of our environment.

• I agree with option A. Environmental issues affect everyone causing us problems daily. Therefore, businessess should do their best to be eco friendly. There are several ways in which a business or a big company can help the environment. For example, they could use reusable resources, causing minimal damage to the environment, reducing waste or even use eco-friendly materials to make the packages . As this is a global issue i am of the opinion that both the businesses and the costumers should be fully environmentally aware and educated and help the environment in any way possible to create a better future for the next generations.

• In my perspective opinion A is totally right. It includes not only individual act but businesses as well.
    Businesses can contribute to a healthy environment and lifestyle. They can reduce harmful manufacturing process and reduce waste.
    They can implement more eco friendly practices using renewable resources, recycling programs.
    With this way they can even attract customers and improve their reputation.
    In conclusion protecting the environment is a collective effort that requires the participation of all.

• I agree with A because everyone is responsible for the world and we have a part to play in this world that needs to taken care of. All people that work in a business are people- not aliens -so if we as people are being told that we need to protect the environment, then that includes those that are in a businesses. It is also helpful if they produce products that are eco-friendly and world friendly, no using plastic and other stuff like that. Businesses have that pressure that we
    do to also change the world for the better. It is really important that we -not only businesses- do something small and that will still make a change that will gradually get bigger.

• I agree with option C because the world is ours to live in and take care of, just like we need to shower each day, and our environment needs to be taken care of similarly. If we don't take care of our environment, who will? The protection of the environment is inclusive; it needs to be done by humans, animals, etc. when animals do their part of their job by protecting the environment. For example, a beaver chopping tree chunks to prevent flooding , why don't we, as humans, do our part of protecting the environment also. Some people argue that there is no reward or money that comes with it, but I think they are just shallow. Think about this: which tourist would want to visit a dirty country? which type of countries would tourists want to advertise and invest in. You guessed it: neat, inclusive, and developing. Even leaving the beneficial aspect aside, the pride that comes with knowing that your home country is being advertised or the feeling of using your home as a vacation because it is so appealing. On the other hand, humans have done more damage to their environments than other creatures, and they tend to start in their home country. Examples include spillage of waste from factories into water bodies, illegal mining, and littering, amongst others. This makes me even wonder: do companies affect the environment negatively with their work more than the average human, and can they change it by affecting the environment in a positive way? I even feel that with a lot of businesses being advertised, they can include these simple precautions worldwide, so it becomes a must. In conclusion, in protecting the environment, there is no job bigger than another's, but it is a collective work ⚒.

• Option C: I believe all businesses should spread awareness about environmental issues. Everyone in the world is living in the same environment. It is important for everyone to know what is going on so everyone can be safe. Plus, different people like different things. So if someone loves Bath & Body Works, and Bath & Body works were to give out a speech about environmental issues, then the person would most likely listen to Bath & Body works and follow what the company is doing.

• I personally think that the best option would be A. Because if we protect environment it looks like beautiful and we can do it in a more natural way but we can’t be in the wrong place and I think it’s just the same as a good way of saying it but we can be the best thing to be around people that we love to be a beauty environment. I think we should be a good person and we should be a good people to save the environment because the money is not the only one we need. Education, health and there are many things which are valuable than money.
    Thanks for{ ^_^ }.

• I chose A, yes because protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility, including businesses. Since we depend on the environment for various things such as food, clean water, air and lots more, I believe it is important that we protect these resources for the unborn child. When human activities negatively affect the environment for example pollution, the resultant effect is climate change and other environmental issues. Since resources are necessary for all living things on Earth to survive, I believe it is everyone’s duty to save the Earth including businesses. Businesses should be at the forefront of advocating for the responsible use of the earth's resources, responsible disposal of waste from industries and homes and advocating for a reuse, recycle and reduce lifestyle. Yes, every person, business, and organisation must take action to keep the environment safe.

• I chose Option A, because I think that all businesses should have the duty of helping with environmental issues, and making sure that their company and products aren't making any environmental issues worse. For example, if a company manufactures a car or truck that gives off a lot of gas and air pollution, they could make climate change much worse. Climate change is an environmental issue, and everybody, including businesses should work together to help solve these issues. If a big business promotes, for instance, an organization to help stop climate change, more people would probably follow because it's a big business, and it has a lot of influence.

• I think option A is the best option out of all of them and overall the one that makes the most sense. No matter what your profession is or what you do in life, it is everyone's responsibility to make sure we are doing the best we can to save the environment and help it. For example: you're a business owner and you use your company to promote saving the planet. That is a really good thing because you could potentially persuade more people into saving the environment. This is my say on the matter and i hope you agree.

• I strongly disagree with option B therefore i agree with option A because of the following:
    1. if you're running a business you won't be able to run it if the planet is dead.
    For example, if you are at a publishing business, your main product is books and books are made from paper; paper comes from trees so if we keep on allowing uncontrolled deforestation and droughts, it won't allow trees to grow, your entire business will not be able to work anymore and will collapse.
    2.businesses are made of people so it's in their interests and even their duty to care for our future.
    so i think that we should prioritise surviving over money.
    yes the planet isn't dead YET but it will be could be Soon if we don't change.

• I pick A. I chose A because climate change is everyone's responsibility, including business. It could be a change from gas-fueled cars to electric cars. This improves the air quality by reducing the amount of car emissions that pollute the air. There are many ways that businesses can come up with solutions when it comes to climate change.

1. Can you give me some examples of effective solutions you would consider to help with climate change?

• I am agree with opinion A. I think that protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility. We all live in this planet. So, we all should work for save our planet. Business is also important in protecting our planet from various natural disasters. Nowadays business has almost merged with us. All countries are building various factories and mails, factories to improve their financial condition. As a result, a large amount of air pollution is occurring. Also various timber trades such as; Various forests are being destroyed due to the business of making various furniture with work. As a result, the amount of carbon dioxide is increasing and the environment is under threat. If different big companies work to protect our customers and protect the environment and make different organizations then maybe we can be successful. Finally, I would like to say that we all have a responsibility to protect the environment, including businesses. Thank you.

• Personally, I agree with the third option (C) Because of the environments pollution,people, volunteers are trying to stop it .We have a lot of opportunities to stop the pollution. Sometimes ,depending on the business. What l mean? I mean that there are really evilpeople who want to destroy the environment. We can't trust everyone.But in the business the measures are very strict so we can trust the people there. But on my other hand,there are businesses which destroy the environment like the plastics business.

• I believe that businesses have also the responsibility to protect the environment. That's because they have enough money to produce things which can benefit our planet, such as electric cars and wind powers.
    What's more, if they give money to surveys and research may find new ways to stop climate change. They can improve technology , fund organizations that are working towards to the protection of the environment.

1. I agree because with businesses helping the environment with helping hands it can cause a big help, it can do this because they have the resources to help the environment at hand. According to https://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrist/2023/08/21/businesses-will-help-us-tackle-our-climate-challenge/#:~:text=Some%20companies%20like%20Kaiser%20Permanente,energy%2C%20and%20many%20others%20are there are some companies like Kaiser Permanente, which has pledged to have net zero carbon emissions by 2050, Patagonia, that transformed their business model to respond the climate crisis, and Apple AAPL +1% , which has committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2030 and making every product with clean energy, and many other businesses that are aware of the climate problem and they also want to help the environment. Another cooperation, like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is a U.S. government agency responsible for protecting human and environmental health. In 1970, Richard Nixon established the EPA by executive order in response to the rising environmental concerns of the 1950s and 1960s.
      In conclusion, I say that all businesses should try to stop climate change no matter their size just for the protection of the environment.

• In an ideal world, option A; in the real world of political lobbying and political party donations, shareholders and almost none existent punishments where the fines are barely a days profits, it will always be option B. The promotion of capitalism and lack of any real government objections and therefore regulation of these industries has lead to a laissez-faire approach of believing it is better to ask for forgiveness after polluting the environment, than for permission to do so.
    Businesses and politicians see pollution as tomorrows problem even though it is now yesterdays tomorrow and while the same polluting companies are donating o political funds, who will bite the hand that feeds it? Shouldn't political parties and their politicians be totally independent and then maybe they will force these companies to become more dutiful in their actions, voluntarily or not!

• I picked C. I think this because some business are already made to help the environment so the business doesn't have to help if that's what they already do at their job.Other businesses that are not being ran to help the environment should help because it's not just the other businesses job to help the earth.The businesses that do help the earth should be recognised for how much they value the earth and its healthiness.People who believe that only some people should help the earth and how healthy it is are just flat out rude and they don't care about the earth and believe that other people should only take care of it.Honestly who even thinks that their not supposed to help the earth?!it's your home too you should help the earth be healthy.Like if you see some trash go pick it up and throw it away it's that easy.You probably wouldn't even need to spend any money to pick up trash.there are people all around the world who dedicate their life to helping the earth and then the people who just say"oh well somebody else will help the earth eventually".People like that probably will just tell themselves that everytime they have to do something. they'll just say "oh somebody else will do this" while knowing that nobody else is going to do it. So no not everybody has to help if they are already dedicated to helping the earth then no because they are already helping but if they aren't they should start at least trying to help some people don't even try to help.That's why I chose option C

• I agree with option C because not every business needs to address climate change/environmental issues. Companies like Nike can talk about it, but they don't have to. Since their main thing is selling shoes, they are not required to talk about it.(However, Nike is environmentally friendly). Companies like Alphabet have to talk about stopping climate change because that's what they said they would do and it's the foundation of their company. Businesses that set out to fight climate change should be the ones talking about it. Businesses that aren't initially set for climate change have a choice to talk about it. To talk about or not, that is the question.

1. Do you think businesses like Nike contribute to climate change?

1. No, I don't think they contribute to climate change.(that much)

• Hello
    I agree that it is more important to care for the environment more than caring for business ,because if we cared for business more than the environment many species will extinct including our food ,and we will die ,so we will extinct .

If we are friendly with the environment no species will extinct ,because of us ,and we won't extinct , business will stay as our environment . We all must help Tesla for our environment.

• In my opinion I strongly agree with option A , businesses are responsible for polluting our environment. Businesses such Lays, Starbuck's, Adidas, McDonald's use plastics in to package their products, and does has a huge impact on the environment. Plastics choke drains and pumps, pollute waterbodies , destroys ecosystems and causes serious destruction to homes. In my opinion I think businesses should find an effective to package their products without damaging environment. I think businesses should use water proof paper bags to package their products, this way people can recycle and it can not be affected by water or any beverages so it can used over and over again. Oil businesses are affecting our waterbodies because the drains they used are licking, in my opinion I think using scraps to fix new drains can help waterbodies and also help reduce land pollution. The left over oil from the oil businesses can be used to construct new roads and help fill potholes on roads. Businesses can help by funding money in projects that can help the environment, planting more trees to regrow forests helping reduce fumes and smokes in the atmosphere. using eco-equipment's such as solar panels to power their businesses and making sure employees don't leave water running. Businesses are responsible for the environment because taking care of the environment them will affect them and their businesses in a positive way.

• I agree with option c. I agree with this option, because I feel that it ins't required of operations to spread awareness on what is going on in the enviorment. However, they could sometimes say something and speak out, but I honestly feel that it ins't their responsibility. Businesses have other responsibilities, duties, and other positions that assist operating the facility. Also, I don't agree with option a. I don't agree with this, because as I stated before firms has other things to do. Spreading awareness should be something that is the least of their concerns. If the enterprise decides to do it on the side then my opinion would probably change, but being forced to do it? I also agree with option b. Businesses should prioritise more vital things, I am not saying that the enviorment is not imperative, but that shouldn't be the main priority.

• I agree with Option A. This is due to the fact that most of the harm done to the environment is made from business or corporations. Business are the main scores of air, land, and water population. When buying these from business, the bag that is normally used to wrap goods or to just store products, are plastic. This causes someone wo throw out the plastic which is end up ruining the environment, whether it be the land or the water that the plastic is thrown into. Another example of why business is the main reason for population is the business that use factories, these factories release chemicals within the air. While trees can clean these chemicals, Companies are also cutting down many threes, which causes deforestation.

• I chose option A because everyone is supposed to take care of the environment not some people will do it and others will be busy. Everyone has to take care of the environment because it's healthy for the plants and for humans

• I choose option A because I think businesses support the protection of the environment to prevent global emergencies and also develop a comprehensive strategy that includes various sustainability initiatives.

• I choose option A because I think businesses support the protection of the environment to prevent global emergencies and also develop a comprehensive strategy that includes various sustainability initiatives.

• I really agree with A, that's because protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility, including businesses.
    Everyone has to take care of the environment.

• This would affect the business because if one country starts a war with another country and if you have a really successful business in that country you will be forced to relocate so that would affect a business badly.

• Hi,

I strongly agree with option A , businesses play a very important role in molding our world and the impact they have on this environment we have is w

Businesses that do not give importance to their environmental impact unfortunately face challenges that deal with their continuity and existence. During my research I found out according to The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)" emphasizes that businesses must dramatically reduce their environmental footprints to ensure long-term survival." And honestly it is the truth because businesses are not supposed to be solely made only for profit but also for the sustenance of the world of which they build their businesses in.
    Businesses that don't rely on only present happenings and facts and think about the future instead take hold of opportunities to remodel their businesses to fit the possible conditions for the future and that mainly includes embracing a nature friendly purpose. By coinciding businesses with environmental service businesses will not only thrive but they will also provide a wide range of benefits to our world.
    All business platforms we know all exist on this earth we call home. All their activities along with their actions affect our ecosystem, environment/surrounding and also our climate. So it should surely be their responsibility to engage in activities that doesn't only prioritize their interests, but also that of our earth.
    Thank you!

• Personally, I agree with opinion A which states "Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses". I say this because I believe that if we want a clean environment we all should make a change. even if it's as little as picking up a little water cap from the ground or walking more to try to avoid air pollution. We should all contribute to a clean and healthy earth.

• I totally agree with option A, everyone within a business is a human and lives on this planet Earth and protecting it is their responsibility. Climate change occurs due to emission of dangerous gases into the atmosphere which is mostly done by businesses. If businesses decide to adopt eco-friendly ways of producing and packaging goods it will go a long way in reducing climate change and it will also lead to a good reputation for that business thereby increasing their sales as consumers are looking for eco-friendly goods to use. All in all, a business is a huge family of humans and they are supposed to be responsible towards the environment.

• I totally agree with option A.
    The reason behind this is that the statement "it's responsibility of everyone to protect environment including businesses " is absolutely right and it's necessary for every business that their products should be save for environment and their products should not disturb our ecosystem. Even business should run campaigns to save nature as lot of people follow these startups they can be convened to do so and these business can be proven really very effective in saving environment but instead of that these businesses are continuously harming environment the smokes from factories are creating pollution which hence is leading to environmental damage and due to being a big brands our government is not taking any action on them .As we all know that green resolution is the best solution to arrest pollution these companies should grow more and more trees, avoid the use of paper and instead of making harmful chemical products they can make herbal products which are safe to environment and thus can be involved in saving environment as this duty should be performed by everyone including businesses
    THANK YOU

• In my opinion I agree with option A, Businesses are responsible for the care of the environment. I think businesses can help the environment by using eco-efficient devices and using AI to use solar and wind energy to power systems in these businesses, this can help reduce carbon emissions. Metal businesses can help prevent pollution in waterbodies, some drains under water have been linking hence causing oil and other dangerous chemicals to spill in these waterbodies, metal businesses can use leftover scarps to fix these drains and pipes. Oil Businesses can help rebuild roads and prevents accidents from happening. Plastics businesses can help save environments by creating more water proof paper Bags , this way people can recycle ♻ and reuse helping to stop water and land pollution. Businesses can help create more electric vehicles, like buses, cars, airplanes and vans , these vehicles can be powered by the suns energy , wind energy or water energy , this can help prevents fumes and smokes from destroying our atmosphere and the air we breathe. Businesses can help fund money into projects that can increase Afforestation and donate movable recycle bins to local communities. In my opinion Businesses cannot only help environments around them but also help environment's around the world 🌏, by donating seeds, recycle bins, metal scraps, food, water proof paper bags .

• Imagine the Earth is like a big home that we all share. Just like we take care of our rooms and clean up after ourselves, it's important for businesses to take care of the environment too. When businesses do things that harm the environment, like polluting the air or water, it affects all of us.
    Think of it like this: If you make a mess in your room, it might not seem like a big deal at first. But over time, the mess can get bigger and make it hard to find things or even make you sick. It's similar with the environment. When businesses don't take care of it, it can lead to big problems like climate change or pollution that can make people and animals sick and hurt the places we live.
    But when businesses make an effort to protect the environment, it's like they're helping to keep our big home clean and safe for everyone. Plus, they can find cool new ways to do things that don't hurt the environment as much. It's a win-win! And when businesses do good things for the environment, people like to support them more because they know they're making a positive difference. So, it's really important for businesses to do their part in taking care of our planet, just like we do in our own homes. THANK YOU 🙂💝

• Businesses should feel responsible on protecting the environment. They are the ones that have a major impact on our planet.
    Some of them function by using natural resources such as land, water. By using a more environmentally sustainable way they can support healthier air seas and products used in our daily life.
    They are part of our society and they should not be excluded from environmental projects.

1. I'm not sure about this because... I think both businesses and people should be responsible for protecting their environment though I will give the business 80% because they are the ones responsible for creating the products we use and controlling the companies that make the products we use. If the businesses would find sustainable ways of making this product using renewable forms of energy and things that will help protect the employment it will be a good thing and then the remaining 20% people could help by disposing of reference creating more awareness and also help save energy.

• I agree with opinion A because.......

Yes, businesses also have a duty to take care of the environment. 🌍🌿 This is the duty that companies, associations, and people have to protect the environment. This means acting to lessen human effect on the environment (which is also referred to as protection or preservation) and even reversing damage that has already been done (also known to as repair).  No single group holds sole responsibility for sustainability. It has a wide range of effects on life on Earth, so everyone is involved. Achieving a sustainable environment involves both enhancing society for all of us and recognizing keeping and protecting the natural world.

• I would go with option A, I totally agree that protecting environment is everyone's duty, including that of businesses. Some businesses understand environment and work for it and, on the other hand some destroy it by unrolling pollution, but they are already popular or people are really liking their products, which is not really leading to their downfall.
    Although, now days people have understood the need to save the environment, so start-ups and businesses work accordingly, and these attract people worldwide. People contribute to such start-ups or businesses that think about environment, raising their popularity.
    Therefore, people play a dominant part in determining large businesses with good products polluting environment, or small businesses with a greater target.

• I agree with option A. Personally, I think businesses should contribute to protecting the environment because the play arguably the biggest role in climate change today. According to my research, over 71 percent of global emissions are from businesses. If all buisnesses decide to act against their harmfull deeds, 71 percent of the world's global emissions would be stopped.

• I agree with option A “ yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including business “. Because environmental problem isn’t just a person’s problem, it is every person that is living on this world’s problem. Everyone is responsible for what is happening in this world which means business is also responsible.
    There are many things that a business can do to reduce climate change. Like making their packaging eco-friendly, reusing the non-biodegradable wastes in the packaging of the products which is done by many brands these days, and many more.
    By these things, business can provide some help to reduce the climate change.
    Thank you!

• I would pick option A because we all live in a certain environment and if we do not protect it ,it will be damaged and about businesses well many industries are making our atomosphere polluted and causing global warming ,i think businesses should also care about the enviroment and should care for it (i am talking about the industrial business which throw their wastes into air,water,and soil)

• I pick A because many businesses work on using planes to transport things. The average uk small businesses makes a 6% carbon footprint which affects the planet lots and is a big affect to global warming. Companies should worry about how much of an effect they give to the environment. They should try to reduce there carbon emissions by a little bit so using electric cars for transport etc. We can never go back after we go to far with climate change. Protecting the environment is important and it is best for the future of generations to come.

• I agree with option C. Businesses should help the environment, but they shouldn't always clean. They focus on other things and shouldn't always be relied on to fix everything!

• Hello
    I totally agree with option A because it really is everyone's priority to save the environment . And I think that some businesses that effect badly on the environment should be shut because our planet doesn't rely on businesses indeed it is the exact opposite which clarifies that businesses rely on our planet
    Thank you.

• Personally, I aggree with option C, as unfortunately non-energy efficient methods of production and transport are cheaper and with the money crisis many countries are experiencing around the world it's no surprise that some businesses' are suffering. Yet, large companies that do have large profits should be doing everything they can to be as sustanable as possible.

• I agree with Option C that whether businesses should act on the environment and climate change is depending on the kind of business. This is because different businesses due to their types and what they produce can have and make different impacts on the environment that can either be positive or negative. Some food and drink companies can produce and introduce more fibre and oat drinks .Business brands that produce perfumes, clothes, shoes can make their products more recyclable, bio and nature related . This will encourage their customers to equally think more of their surroundings and their effect on it, while other businesses can't or don't have the money to do so. Helping climate and the environment came as a huge financial loss to many businesses as the idea might not be welcomed by some people which may lead to big losses. On the other hand, there are businesses that make little or no positive environmental impact such as robot and electrical parts manufacturing industries. These companies can create massive environmental pollutants that will cause a massive amount of money to fix and or improve as there is only so little one can do about it. So as you can see it is really a question of " depending on the business " as it determines what they can impact on the environment.

• I agree with peaceful city because businesses should also look out for the environment. if they not focused on the environment it can lead to erosion, flooding and other problems associated with the climate.
    Therefore, it is best to focus on both the environment and business for proper balance.

• "I agree with option A. Businesses also have a role to play in protecting the environment since they use natural resources. It's their responsibility, just like it is ours, to take care of the environment. To contribute to environmental protection, businesses can implement green programs, reduce electricity consumption, minimize the use of natural resources, and decrease plastic usage, among other measures. If we all work together, we can save the environment."

• I choose option A. I think option A is more reasonable because businesses are responsible for 71% of industrial emissions, which is very bad for the environment. If you cause something you fix it. There's no reason why businesses shouldn't respond to pollution when they're responsible for most of it.

• I agree with option A because it is all of our responsiblity to keep our planet and environment healthy but with factories they let of gas which is bad for the environment so if factories could limit the amount of gas the are producing then that may lead to a better for the future for us and the planet.

• Well, really I think that option c is the best, because businesses shouldn't be expected to focus on other issues, unless they are already committed to something. So I mainly think option A, because just because you're running something, it doesn't make it an excuse to avoid problems that probably also involve you. My other thought was, if businesses can't actively do something about this huge over arcing problem, than they can at least promote change.

• Yes, I agree with the statement that protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses. Businesses play a significant role in creating products and services, which can have an impact on the environment. By adopting eco-friendly practices and sustainable measures, businesses can contribute to reducing pollution and conserving natural resources. This not only benefits the environment but also promotes a healthier and more sustainable future for all. Therefore, it is essential for businesses to prioritize environmental protection as part of their responsibilities to society.

• I disagree with the statement that businesses should prioritize making profits over environmental concerns. By prioritizing the environment, businesses can contribute to a healthier planet for future generations. It is important for companies to consider the impact of their operations on the environment and take steps to minimize harm. Ultimately, a sustainable business model that considers both profit and environmental responsibility can lead to long-term success and benefits for society as a whole.

1. I agree because businesses make their profits from consumers, if the environment is not in good condition the business cannot be able to thrive. Besides, a business is created to help tackle environmental issues creatively with the aim of making profit. If the business will not care about the environment, the consumers will also not care about the business because the business cannot even take care of the environment not to even talk about taking care of fellow humans.
      THANK YOU.

• I strongly believe that the environment is a collective responsibility and everyone is involved in taking care of it. Our planet is the only one we have, and it's crucial that we do our part to preserve it.

Businesses can play a significant role in promoting sustainable practices. They can contribute to environmental conservation by encouraging their customers to recycle and planting trees to offset their carbon footprint. In my country, I've noticed that most beverage sellers take back used glass bottles from customers to recycle them, which is a great initiative.

It's heartening to see that people are becoming more aware of the importance of environmental responsibility, and I hope we can continue to work together to create a better and more sustainable future for our planet.
    So I believe that buisnesses have to be involved in protecting the environment.

• I chose Option C because although caring for the environment is everyone's responsibility, it takes a lot of time and effort to do it. However caring for the environment not only helps our planet, but it also improves a businesses' public reputation. When the general population knows a business is protecting or doing something for the environment more people consume that business' products. If a business does not rely much on reputation they generally don't have to be involved in environmental issues.

• I think that choice A is the best choice because the environment is a global discussion so it needs the responsibility of everyone. Although we have great power (Recycling) no one takes care of the environment as well as no one remembers the sentence "With great power, comes great responsibility," Usually you hear about enormous amounts of money that companies have but they use it inexpertly and it's incorrect no way it can be right consequently with their large amounts of money they can be more friendly with the environment as some companies Tesla is an example.

• I agree with option A because we should prioritise people lives over our businesses in a bad environment you will not be able to sell because the environment will be of a mess and no one will come to buy your products because the will obviously be contaminated.We should care for our environment because it is our responsibility and our society.I disagree with option B because it is impossible that you will make profit in a dirty place the reason why I say this is because people will not want to buy food from a dirty environment and the seller will not make any profit.I agree with option C to some point because some businesses do not mess up the environment or the do not bring contaminants to the environment for example,selling bread will not bring contaminants but businesses like selling fruits,meat and more will bring many insects.

• I agree with point A
    Because preserving the environment is truly everyone’s responsibility, and there are many factors that affect the environment, making it threatened and affected by many violations produced by factories and companies, and the exhausts emanating from factories negatively affect the environment and the air, which affects the lives of all living organisms. Exposed to dangers and threatened with extinction, factories must preserve the environment and reuse water. Using environmentally friendly products by using products that do not contain harmful substances, disposing of waste in a safe manner, working to intensify tree planting, raising awareness and paying attention to landscaping in front of homes and on all roads.

• I totally disagree with option B as the major causes of air,water,soil pollution are businesses and if they only prioritise profit for present then they might put our future tommorow in danger..while making profits these businesses are neglecting thier own duty toward environment and are polluting mother Earth...so I agree with option A as with providing services these businesses in form of industries pollute atmosphere resulting global warming and should protect environment...I partially agree with option C as not always pollution depends on type of business as in most cases these release enormous gases in atmosphere so even they do not release much gases they should protect the environment as it's said"prevention is better than cure in future"...

• I can relate and choose the option A without any hesitation because in today's world globalization is caused by the environmental decline and already has great negative impacts on our environment even when the government has made many prohibition and if the business leaders would also not take the responsibility then it would be playing a key role in damaging our environment which can directly effect living beings and beside it, the raw materials for every business is obtained by the nature it self so indirectly it is their personal responsibility to take care of environment and it's issues

• Hello everyone,
    I agree with option A because it is truly a bussiness duty to control the environmental issues as it is not only ethical but also necessary for the development of todays world. There are many reasons why this answer can be right. As in todays world everybody knows about the condition of the environment as potentialy in 10 people 2 or 3 people have eco-anxiety thus caring about the environment can help to maintain their reputation and brand image. Following this point, it can also help in the long term sustainability of the bussiness. Regardless of this bussiness are a part of our community it is there responsibility to contribute to the management of the environment. Thus I would like to ask a question to those who think that environment is not our responsibility " what factors made you believe that environment is not our responsibility even though most of the companies depend on the resources of environment for their work".

• I agree with option A , yes because protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility, including businesses. The reason for this is the overall area may not be inviting due to surrounding full of non eco friendly rubbish. This could result in a loss of retention of customers.

• I agree with option A "Yes because protecting the environment is evryone´s responsibility, including businesses" because, from my point of view, everyone needs to be conscious of taking care of the environment by changing their some ways of their lives like recycling more, being more concern about the waste of resources like water and all that, but i also think that sometimes businesses forget that they can also do something for stopping this, that it is not only responsability of people. Some of the environmental problems came from businesses like factories and all that, so maybe, they can do something for stopping it like changing the energy resources, or things like that, which can help our environment a lot.

• I agree with option A.
    Because all of us are responsible about what is happening in the enviroment, because sometimes, businesses also make some products that can polluted the enviroment or could contribute to global warming, but they can try stop it, for example they can reuse or recycle some materials and use them in another moment or they can try to use other techniques.
    Finally I think everyone we need to stop polluting, because if not the world is going to be very bad in some years and it can make animals desapeared or directly the world can desapeared

• I pick A as well . as it isn't just up to people who care about the environment it is up to people to the people who live in the environment.our world doesn't belong to us , we belong to the earth and it is up to everyone to protect it because the more we help the more it will reflect on global warming ( climate change) and if all the businesses help it will be more sustainable for everyone and even the countries who commit less of climate change they are still the ones who are getting most of the danger across the world Kiribati, the first country rising sea levels will swallow up as a result of climate change. Global warming is causing glaciers and ice sheets to melt. The average sea level has risen 3.2 mm/year since 1993.

• I agree with Option A because it is up to everyone to save our climate crisis - even if it means that they don't make so much profit. A little while ago the head of the eco parliament was secretly working with a major oil company ,which was already really bad, and she even tried to deny that it was her!

• I pick c . Some businesses affect the environment so it is good that they give back and help what they may have caused. Some businesses are even the cause of climate change and environmental issues which is why they should address the problems

• I agree with option A because protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility including bussiness . Bussiness should try their best to adress environmental issues because most of the companies use raw materials present in our environment. Bussiness should avoid deforstation to make furniture, conserve the environment. they should use renewable sources of energy , solar panels, electric vehicles , planting trees.
    Bussiness is also depends upon our environment and environment is very important to run bussiness.

• I strongly agree with opinion C. It depends on the type of business because, there is no reason why a business such as a finance business is going to help the environment, finance businesses were made for one thing and one thing only, and that is to help people with financial problems, decisions, and cash flow. Meanwhile businesses such as, green cleaning really benefit the environment the environment. Green house cleaning is the act of cleaning, using products that are safe to the environment. This is why I agree with opinion C.

• I agree with option A most because businesses have an important role in addressing environmental issues. It's not just about making money; it's about being responsible members of our global community. The environment affects us all, and businesses, being significant players in our society, should actively contribute to its protection. By adopting sustainable practices, businesses not only fulfill their duty but also set a positive example for others. They must understand and act on the fact that protecting the environment is a shared responsibility, and they can make a real impact by incorporating eco-friendly policies into their operations.

• Option A is the right choice in my opinion. For starters, the environment is our responsibility as humans and we should be looking after it. Businesses should be aiming to tackle things that they produce by a certain date. They are run by humans too, so they should be actively trying to save the planet. Another reason why it is important for businesses to help the environment is because, there is not another planet that we can live on, other than Earth. It could help the children of the workers and even the CEO to live perfectly in a world full of loads of nature. One final reason is that some of their buyers might want people to do stuff for the environment, but they don't do anything themselves. So businesses should be taking the role of helping the environment too. So that is why I think that Option A is the right choice.

• Each individual conveys an obligation towards the climate, and organizations, given their scale and impact, assume a vital part in this liability. They're not simply detached elements; they're essential for a bigger local area interconnected with society and the climate. Thus, when organizations focus on eco-accommodating practices, they're satisfying their commitment to the planet as well as setting a model for others to follow. About remembering all of us are in the same boat and that every one of us, whether as people or as a feature of a business, plays a part to play in saving our current circumstance for people in the future. In my view, organizations consolidating eco-accommodating practices play a major part to play in aiding the climate. At the point when organizations focus on utilizing reasonable materials and strategies, they can truly have an effect in diminishing their effect in the world. Take, for instance, those that change to environmentally friendly power sources like sun based or wind power in their tasks. This drop helps cut down on unsafe discharges, which is significant for handling environmental change. In addition, deciding on reused materials or biodegradable choices doesn't simply eliminate squander; it likewise assists save significant assets with preferring woods and water. By pursuing these decisions, organizations are not exclusively being kinder to the planet yet in addition setting a model for others to follow. Everything without question revolves around making a culture of maintainability where everybody contributes to make the world a greener, better spot for us all.

• Depending on the type of business, it can be necessary to make changes. Some businesses may benefit from adapting to new trends. Others may find success by sticking to traditional methods. Adapting to the changing environment can help a business thrive in today's competitive market. It is important to assess the situation before deciding whether change is needed.

• Hello
    I agree with option A, because I think that we should all take care of the planet, since we all live together on Earth.
    If only certain people took care of the environment, it would take more effort than if everyone, including businesses, took care of it. There is no excuse for businesses not to protect the planet, since they also pollute with factories, buildings, transport, etc.
    Everyone should empathize with others and with the world, understanding that we must all take care of the environment, because it is our home and the one of future generations.

• In my opinion, I agreed with C the most, since some businesses play a major role in addressing environmental changes, and some other businesses play very little role in addressing environmental changes depending on the type of the business. For example, companies like Beyond Meat play a major role, since they make plant-based products like burger patties, nuggets, and much more which is better for the environment compared to actual meats from animals. And a company like Nestle plays a tiny role in addressing environmental concerns, since they produced over 27 thousand pieces of plastic in popular products like KitKat, Nescafe, and Nestea. However, Nestle are planning to make 100% of their packaging recyclable/reusable by 2025.

• I would like to go with option A.Since business is possible only with good environment around.Bussiness can contribute to sustainability and we'll being by addressing environmental issues.I believe it is the responsibility of business to protect environment. Business can use eco friendly practices,minimize waste by recycling, collaborating with environment brands.

• In a "just world" everyone should care about our shared enviorment. But unfortunatley we have a system, capitalism, that tries to extract infinite value from a finite amount resources. Even today, we see projects like Willow that could cause literal permafrost melting but the short sightedness of directors and CEOs is just unbeatable when it comes to our world. We should fight against businesses that pollute, boycott them, even sabotage is better than the alternative of total climate catastrophe.

• I choose option A which says " Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses". I say this because protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility by reducing , reusing and recycling waste. Businesses can help to protect the planet by reducing chemicals, cleaning the air, reusing bottles etc. The importance to protect the environment such as to preserve our planet for future generations and prevent climate change and its effects, To conserve resources like water, oil, and forests and reduce pollution and the amount of waste we produce, To protect endangered species and habitats and maintain the genetic diversity of plants and animals, To promote sustainable living practices and improve our health and well-being, To prevent the destruction of the global food supply and the economic damage caused by climate change. That is why all human that are living on earth can help to save the planet.

• I agree with A option because protecting the environment is everyone's responsibility. I believe that a small step can make a big difference and save the world as it is a part of sustainable living. Also, companies can make a difference by thinking about their impact on the environment. Many companies start to be eco-friendly. They can minimize waste, save energy, and use materials reduce carbon footprint.

• In my opinion, I agree with option A because everyone is living on this planet so we should all look after it. And also, the world is damage because of businesses as when you have a business, you are probably going to built a building for your brand and for shelter. So what construction workers do is they take a place where there is beautiful, ravishing nature and greenery, and replace it with buildings. We all need to take responsibility! Remember, small things can turn into gigantic changes! Additionally, some businesses are eco-friendly and they can make their business about helping the world. They could also give advice and sell equipment, that will help the world.

• I agree with A because everyone has an environment and has to take good care of the environment and if if you fill not to take very good of it the environment will look dirty and many disgusting things will come out inside the environment so if you have a business you will have to use the money from the business to arrange your houses so you won't have any issue consinig your environment .

• I agree with option C because it depends on the what the business is because some businesses are not eco friendly but some are. I also agree with option A because businesses are supposed to protect our environment to make sure everyone feels safe and make our world better by being eco friendly. I strongly disagree with option B because profits will not help our environment , what would help the environment is people working together to keep our planet safe e.g: picking up litter, re-using plastic water bottles and recycling paper or plastic. Some businesses use the slogan, there is only one planet earth not a second one . Others might disagree with me that option B is a good idea because if you have profits you can help the environment and the environment is not important to them because profits are .

• I pick option A. This is because all businesses should care and help the environment.

1. Why should businesses care, articulate_significance?

1. They should care because it's our planet that we live on,we need to have a safe and healthy planet.

• My opinion is A as the world is everyone's home, not just certain people's home. Every human lives here on Earth and must take care of it. People who run a business still live on this planet and their business is on this planet. Everyone needs to take action and start helping the environment because this is our world. Everything that has been born on Earth has a duty to take care of Earth if you want to live on it. We can't just tell everyone to do it but not do it yourself. Don't just use your words, use your actions. Helping the world is everyone's responsibility.

• I agree with option A. In my humble opinion, environment is the basic for businesses, sufficient resources or an appropriate environment are vital for the companies to trade or produce goods. We shouldn’t enable some companies to profit, if their businesses are going to harm environment, there will be a long-term damage to ecosystems and will lead to the crucial consequences for human as well. Consequently, the businesses ought to take the responsibility to protect the environment.

• The option I agree with the most is option A because it is our planet and we are all one. We should work together because if only one country helps the environment it won't be enough to save the world. The world is a mighty fist if we work together, so we all have to help save the environment. Also if businesses do an action to save the environment, then the whole world will copy because businesses are seen worldwide. It is the whole world who should help because it is our world.

• Hello topical talkers !!

In my opinion , I agree with option A that states - "Yes because protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility, including businesses."because protecting our environment is not only the responsibility of normal people but also the businesses. It's very important for businesses to understand their environment effect and they should give sustainability efforts. Giving importance to environment can lead to a very long time benefit for both plant and the businesses , also it will create positive relationships with the shareholders and customers.
    Thank you !