Which sports “matter”?

Festival2024_Expert-ChallengeBanners-Aron-DSouza2

Aron D’Souza is the President of the Enhanced Games.

Watch Aron’s video to hear him explain why he thinks games like these are important – and about which sports matter most.

Video not working? Follow this link: https://vimeo.com/915745834/67e724d8ed

Comments (125)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• In my opinion there aren't sports that "matter". All of them have their own benefits and just because someone does a sport that isn't popular or the same as you doesn't mean the sport that you play matters more. I think that sports like the olympics are good because the people can speak to others who are in the same industry and then learn from their and others mistakes.

1. I agree with you articulate_butterfly. All sports offers unique benefits, irrespective of popularity. The Olympics fosters learning and camaradiary among athletes backgrounds. The significance of a sport isn't determined by its mainstream appeal but by the passion fulfillment it's brings brings to participants.

2. Yes, I agree with you that there are no sports that matters, all of them have their benefits they bring to the body. They could even help in learning and maintaining skills. They also help in body building such as football, basketball, relay race etc. Sports are all useful and should not be frowned at.

1. Yes, I agree with you because all people gain their own perks from doing specific sports. All sports provide different pros and cons for players that give them their own lifetime effects. People's specific sports can help them mentally, physically, and emotionally. Which causes lifetime happiness if played correctly. All sports matter.

3. Definitely no sport "matters". I say so because, every sport have their own use and benefits. To me, I think those sports that have very popular people does not mean those are the only sports that matters because, a lot of people will start to assume those are the only sports that we need. These sports like football help others who are not getting it right pick up, and also learn from other peoples mistake and error so they can become better.

1. I disagree because all sports do matter because, in this world there is nothing that is useless. Every single thing that we know benefits one person or the other. if this the money that they used to build the stadiums will be wasted.
        Take for instance you built a stadium for a sport that is not popular and athletes stop coming to your stadium and you also spent billions to build it what will you do?

1. I agree because every thing in the world has a purpose or correct me if i'm wrong.I want you to imagine that if there was only one sport in the world ,would there be any other skill or technique and how would you think the world will be? For instant if you are an athlete that only plays one sport and the opponent plays more than one sport the opponent will be more better that the one who plays one sport because the opponent will use the skills they learnt from other sports , sometimes the athlete will think the opponent is using enhanced drugs .

2. I agree with you active _coconut because if you go ahead and waste your money on building a stadium that the sport doesn't matters it will be wasted money because no one goes there to do anything. But instead of wasting money on a stadium that no one goes to watch nothing. you could put your money on how to stop the enhance gaming and make the games fair not fair and will make the world a fair place

2. I'm not too sure about this. We should not only look at the financial point of view. Not all sports are that popular or pay as much but definitely all of them have benefits. Whether the sport is widely known or not, all sports benefit the human body whether physically or mentally. There are some indigenous sports that have huge benefits. Here are some examples:
        1. Archery: Archery is not as popular as football but it enhances focus, precision and upper body strength.
        2. Canoeing: Canoeing is often treated as more of a recreational activity but it enhances upper body strength and also engages cardiovascular fitness.
        3. Simple footraces: Though it is just simply running around with a few opponents, footraces help to improve speed and endurance.
        Because these sports are indigenous, like the Olympics, they also bring people people together. They bring communities and towns together as well as promote teamwork, cooperation and peace. I think all sports matter. From sports played in gigantic international stadium to sports played in a small town square.

3. i agree because it don't matter what sport you do it is just if you wanna dance just go and dance people can do whatever they belive they can do it

4. I agree that sports have numerous benefits and can help boost the economy. Hosting big games such as those organized by the NBA or FIFA can bring in money. However, with all the advantages come some downsides. Physical sports like football and rugby can cause injuries to players. Also, some sports are more dangerous than others. International sports events are great for bringing people together. And as a bonus, it's easy to pay for injuries instead of a state game. It's okay for people to have a preference for a particular sport.

1. I agree because, everyone has a sport he/she likes more than another. people are very happy when they see that their team has won. But when their team loses they are sad. People can also be indifferent about different sports. People sometimes even prefer the more dangerous sports over the easy sports. Most Americans prefer football to sports like tennis volleyball and so much more.
        THANK YOU.

5. I agree with you Because all sports matters and no sports are seen as inferior but it just that some games are not really that fun and that is why in the video, he mentioned some of the games that have wasted money and time and are not fun Like curling and modern pentathlon and then he mentioned games that will be particularly put into consideration during the 21st century games which include swimming, gymnastics etc, but yet no game is inferior and no game is superior.

1. HELLO unbiased planet,
        I agree with you because all games matter but some games look boring but I think that no matter how boring the game is, there are always spectators that will always watch. For example, I always wondered why people love rugby, I never liked rugby because I thought that is what too violent and boring, so no matter how boring you think the game is there are always people to watch and pay for it to bring the game some money.
        All in all, I say that every game is interesting, it just matters on the type of games you watch, so , never think a game is boring, just know that those ate not the type if games you watch.
        THANK YOU!!!

6. I agree articulate butterfly.
      No sport matters more than another but what is rather happening is that some are widely recognized and have more impacts than others. Looking at the case of football, football is a game that has more impact than other sports, impacts such as harmony, co-ordination and teamwork, but that doesn't mean that it matters more than other sports, as others sports still help people make a living.
      I surmise that sports all have a general role to play, but some sports have more sponsors than others making it look like one 'matters' more than the other. In general, all sports bring about worldwide cooperation because people put aside their differences to come and be entertained, sports also generate revenue and work as one of the most paying jobs as it associates with high risk.
      In conclusion, I think that no sports matter more than another and they all have a huge impact on the individual and societal level, and they all bring joy to people.

THANKYOU.

7. I agree with articulate_butterfly because sports is for fun and and what provides fun for me might not be fun to another person.
      Amplification of one sports over the other in the long run kills off other sports. We see this in some countries that have over the years gained mastery of some sports to the detriment of the development other sports.

In conclusion, all sports matter and people's interest should be respected.

1. You are right in a way .But in other countries some sport matters than others But. here in NIGERIA more sports matter.
        EXAMPLE;
        FOOTBALL
        TENNIS
        BASKETBALL
        Mostly football, this sport is the only thing that put all the ethnic groups together, proof is that during the AFCON won of my teaches said that when the match of Côte d'Ivoire vs Nigeria all the streets were empty but when it ended the street came alive.

1. I agree because... Yes it is sports that is the most common way to bring a community or even a country together. As you said, during the AFCON match between Nigeria and south Africa, I remember that as the first goal was scored the whole country was filled with joy even those who don't have television or those at work or those who don't watch football watch, right here in Lagos I felt that unity among Nigerians and though we actually lost in the finals to the host country, we are still actually proud of the Super Eagles because they did their best and we will continue to cheer for them. I have actually been trying to say that to some countries - most countries in fact, sport is what unites them!
          Thanks 😊👍

2. Yes, i agree to this. Sports should not only be engaged in because of the financial benefits but because it provides physical and mental benefits as well as serves as a source of fun for everyone. When we hold other sports in higher regard, the other sports will be seen as useless or not beneficial even though you can benefit something from every sport. Whether it is improved hand eye coordination, upper body strength or speed, we can get all these things from even the simplest sports. We should not undermine some sports just because they are not internationally recognized, not played in a giant stadium or having a miserly pay. Every sport matters because it is not just about the pay. What about the physical benefits or even the fun?

8. I strongly agree with your comment because different people have their different opinions about different sports/games. In my opinion, there are no special sports/games, what one considers special does not matter to another person.
      What I think is important here is what matters to people in terms of sport would be respected and opportunities must be provided for them to enjoy it.

9. I disagree because, in all countries their is at least one sport that matters. The government supports sports at least one sport to be played for instance, in America the government supports the "NFL" or the "National Football League".
      In the UK they support "Rugby."
      No matter the country, they support at least one sport.
      That is why I said "all sports matter"
      THANK YOU.

10. I agree partially because people participate in sports for different reasons. some do it for fun and others partake in it as a source of livelihood. the only difference is that different sports offer various benefits. the athletes that participate in, because when one is a sportsperson for money some sports offer a larger amount of pay such as soccer and basketball. But in a case where it is done for recreation, the amount it brings does not really matter and this where less popular sports like cricket and lacrosse come in. So I think that the purpose for which the sport is done determines which sports matter.

11. I disagree with you because there are a lot of sports that matter in the society include the following:
      1. Basketball: According to better health channel basketball teaches you about being a good team player and can be a great social sport.
      2. Tennis: Tennis help you with your fitness and health. It also has social and psychological benefits.
      There are other sports that matters such as football, golf, cricket etc. Sports are important to a lot of people.

12. I agree with you about how no sports really and truly "matter". Since each sport has its benefits and differing popularity rates, none of them can be valued above another because everyone's opinion would be biased in one way. Especially how other olympians can find other people and get constructive criticism on, both their performance and form.

13. I agree with you articulate_butterfly. IYes sports have their benefits and in general sports are meant to be enjoyed rather than compare sports, we can find ways to improve on the sports or activities. I have watched many players that after the games there is exchange of handshake and sport wears, also I have seen lovers of other games watch and applaud players of their beloved one's favorite games it is a show of sportsmanship. One sport might bring joy to the heart of somebody and another sport will give that same joy to another person so it is important that we promote all sports.

14. I completely agree with you. No sports matter and all sports matter because they all have the benefits they bring to the body. Some people think that some sports matter because it is meant for the rich. We have football, table tennis golf etc. They all matter , not that they are made for men or women, young people or old people. This sports help in restoration or bringing in of skills.
      They help in making the body strong and healthy.
      They serve as an avenue for socialization.
      They help build our self esteem etc.
      They are all useful and should never be frowned at.

15. Hello articulated butterfly,
      In your comment above you stated that there aren't sports that matter but in my honest opinion I believe that all sports matter because they were either created to help build the physical and mental health of the players. In addition engaging in sport activities of others may also help in understanding the culture and society of others.

Thank you.

16. I agree because all sport have their own pros and cons

17. I also believe that all sports matter regardless of their popularity or size. Sports provide a platform for individuals to display their abilities whether they display exertion or not. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to participate in sports without any preference or bias towards one particular sports. This way everyone is given a fair chance and they appropriate opportunity to showcase their abilities and ultimately contribute to the development of the country

18. HELLO articulate_butterfly,
      I completely agree with your perspective on sports. Indeed, the notion of some sports matter more than others is quite subjective and often stems from societal perceptions or personal biases rather than any intrinsic value inherent to the sport itself.

Consider the sport of rock climbing, for instance. To some, it might seem like an unconventional or niche activity compared to mainstream sports like football or basketball. However, for those who are passionate about it, rock climbing offers a multitude of benefits, both physical and mental.

Physically, rock climbing requires strength, agility, and endurance. It engages muscles throughout the body and challenges individuals to push their limits in a vertical environment. Moreover, it promotes balance, flexibility, and coordination, all of which are essential components of overall fitness.

Beyond its physical aspects, rock climbing also fosters mental resilience and problem-solving skills. Climbers must assess routes, strategize their moves, and overcome fear and doubt as they ascend challenging terrain. Each climb presents a unique puzzle to solve, and the satisfaction of reaching the summit is not just about physical accomplishment but also about mental triumph.

Furthermore, rock climbing cultivates a strong sense of community among its practitioners. Climbing gyms and outdoor crags serve as gathering places where climbers of all backgrounds come together to share their passion, exchange tips, and support one another's progress. This sense of camaraderie extends beyond local communities, with climbers connecting globally through forums, events, and competitions.

THANK YOU.

19. I don't agree with articulate_butterfly because some sports are better than the other if you look at football it is a sports that brings countries together it is all about togetherness but basketball is not like football it not bringing countries together it about another thing so I don't think that you can classify all it one thing

1. Why do you think football is more global than basketball?

20. I agree with articulate butterfly because all sports matters. for example, while some people have talents and passion about one sports , others are passionate about others. others like volleyball and others like basketball and the list goes on. All athletes put in work and efforts so it will be disrespectful and unfair to see one sport as inferior to others.
      Therefore i think every sports matters, it is great and unique in their own right.

21. I agree with what your saying and I like to add on about the benefits. Basketball helps with your mentality,and endurance,Baseball helps with you physique, endurance and focusing,Football helps with endurance,mentality and daring. These are just some sports, many sports help in their own way,some the same,others equally.I also agree on your statement about Olympics about them being "good because the people can speak to others who are in the same industry and then learn from their and others mistakes. "An example of something like this is Muhammad Ali who talked to a professional swimmer and followed his training and tried swimming.This improved his speed and he became more agile in the boxing ring. This lead him to ring His belt and become a champion.

22. I agree with you articulate butterfly all sports matters because all of them have their own benefits and not because someone doesn't like a particular sport doesn't mean that the sport doesn't matter or isn't important and not only the sport you play matters so all the sports really matters.

• I think that all sports matter the same. However,a few sports are more attractive to people than others. Take basketball or football,because these sports are easier to understand and are well followed,sometimes people might be influenced by their piers and start watching the sport. However,a more niche sport,for example Taekwondo or Jiu Jitsu might not have as large a following,due to the fact that they are harder to learn and often times require equipment that isn't necessarily cheap. For that reason,while all sports are the same and have the same goal,to help humans exercise,some sports are more followed than others.

1. I agree because, different sports attract people more than other people. Their peers might influence the people but they still may just like one sport more than another.
      Personally I like soccer more than baseball or basketball. Even though I can play these sports I like one more than the other. Everyone has a different opinion on witch sports people like.
      THANK YOU.

1. I agree with you because everyone has the sports that they like and that they are attracted to. They could also get influence from their peer groups but I believe most of them will remain firm to their choices or opinions. Most of them could also be as a reaction from seeing people in most games.
        In conclusion, all sports matters and everyone has their types. No one should ever be treated wrongly because of the sports they like but instead should be embraced because all sports matter.

• Hello ,
    I think the Enhanced Games is unethical and can bring a lot of negatives for the players and countries because it could bring a lot of bad news to the country .
    I think this because if you take a enhancing drugs you are more likely to have musculoskeletal injures . This would mean the athlete would have less playing time and it could hurt them severely in the long run . I also think the Enhanced Games is unethical because it takes away the morale's of sport and competing professionally . This is because sport is meant to be about working hard for years and years to get to where you want to be . With enhancing drugs you could get there with little work which which not be morally right or fair .
    Other people may say that is good and a way for athletes to show their bodies full capabilities . This is because it heightens the alertness and makes them feel happy this means that will be able to work harder for longer . This means that the games may be a lot more exciting and action packed .
    Overall I think that The Enhanced Games should not be a things as it ruins the morale's of sport and is unethical .
    Thank you for reading ,
    Good day .

1. You make some excellent points. If all athletes in teh Enhanced Games were using the same performance enhancers, then would they also have to work hard?

1. Hello Tiff .
        What a great question . When I said they would have to work harder I meant that is what athletes should have to do to compete professionally . On other hand I said the enhancing drugs may be better as their bodies would be able work harder for longer .
        To answer your question though yes they would still have to work hard as you still need some of your own skills to beat the other people .
        Thanks .

2. Athletes that uses performance enhancer I don't think they is need for them to still work hard.
        Because all athletes do take part in training and exercises,if they do this and still use performance enhancer I think this will be very dangerous to the person and other athletes and it can cause an argument between them, because he/she will become stronger than the other players,they won't feel like human anyone.the performance enhancer will be in control of your mind and body and then you will still add your own natural strength,no way.so therefore those that use this does not need hard work they can only choose one, either to work hard or depend on enhancement pills.
        My advise for those that are into enhancement pills is that they should have a good spirit of sportsmanship, such person should have self control, positive attitude,be supportive,do not blame your team mate.this are the only way other players will feel save around them.

There is one negative impact of this performance enhancer on sport.

During the AFCON football match, during the semi final between Nigeria and Cameroon,after the match a Nigeria player was subjected to drug test by CAF due to his unusual energy and speed,not knowing it was his hard work that made him that fast.
        What am trying to point out from this little story of mine is that, people no longer believe in human capabilities again and it has made people to start question their ability.everyone taught he was on drug that day but they were all shocked to know that it was natural.if such event keeps happening then it will hurt athletes feelings so much,it can even make them relent,it can affect their professions and personal life.
        So therefore wrong accusations should not be allowed in sports and their should be proper screening before players start the game.

• Now, each sport deserves equal respect, but you can't deny the fact that many sports have been preferred over some other sports. All of this depends on whether players are capable of bringing viewership to their respective sports. Many people like watching sports that might spike their thrill rate for example watching races and cheer for you favorite athlete. While some sports are watched because of the nostalgia and love they carry. Cricket and football are some major sports that top the most favorite list. But at the end, you can't run away from the fact that all sports share simmilarities and differences, therefore choosing which sports "matter" is a tough question. Many people choose badminton or tennis over horse riding or any other sport, but this does not signify that people don't like horse riding. We need to understand that people can support various sports. So, even if some sports invite more audiences, you can't determine if they "matter" more, because they each carry a sense of support and warmth.

1. I completely agree because all sports deserve respect. Also,some sports are more popular than others. Every sport has supporters who care about it. At the end of the day, it's not about which sport matters more, but rather about the passion and dedication of the people who love it.

• Hello,
    An international games are very important for people and countries because it improves the relationship between people and deplomatic ties between countries.It considered as tourism for the host country.Also it has many benfits for atheletes to improve their skills. However it might have some negativity affects in some cases on security of the host country.
    Some sports matter more than other from country to another according to the culture, tendencies and historyq of people in that country. In my point of view, football is the most popular game in the world because it considered as the oldest sports in the world. However, all games help in developing skills and physical fitness.
    Thank you

1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, marvellous_reflection. Why do you think the fact that football is the oldest sport makes it the most popular? What other reasons might there be for it being popular?

1. Hello,
        Thanks for your reply.
        Football is the most popular game because football is an easy game and didn't need many tools to play, so it is inexpensive game. we can play it with our friends, our classmates or our relatives. We can play in school, club, or any safe space.
        It is the oldest game because it is recorded in the military manuals in China under the name Cuju in the 3rd and 2nd centuries BC.

1. I agree warvellous_reflection because football is a popular game in the world and people will like to play football around the world and football is a very easy game that you can play with other and football is for people to learn teamwork and football is for people to have fun while playing it.
          It remains the sport the attracts the biggest endorsement and followership. The fan base is amazing like religion.

1. Hi

Marvellous reflection,I disagree with the context inexpensive game.
            In my own opinion even if the tools used in playing football are not quite a number,I hope you know that; the space used in playing (land) , travel expense,the jersey, security,food and health care all this requires a lot of money,so I don't think it an inexpensive game at all.

2. My dear, I agree with you a lot that sports have a very, very important role, not only in players, but also in countries, and in stimulating tourism and getting to know many other cultures. It is a field that opens the door to many other fields, but I disagree with you in your statement that football is the oldest sport in the world, because the oldest sport in the world and throughout the ages is Roman wrestling, which dates back to 3000 years BC, and to this day it is practiced in the Olympic Games. There are also many other very, very important sports, such as equestrianism, hunting, and swimming. Of course, sports in general are important. Without exception
      Thanks

• international games may be beneficial for people and countries because it includes everybody.
    The negatives they might bring is that it will be a lot more people and less people will be able to go because it could be anywhere. Also, there will and has been debates where it should be hosted. No sports matter more than others. There are some that get more viewers and some whos players make more money , but they are all equally important.

1. You make interesting points, affable_plantain. You say that all sports are equally important--can you tell us more about why you think sports are important?

2. I agree as some sports have a larger amount of crowds than others and also the pay amount of pay received by some athletes of more popular sports is different from that of the less popular ones for example the crowds of soccer games is larger than the crowd for a tennis game. In essence I feel that no sports matter because people have preferences so to me, the only difference is the amount of attention given to a sport. I believe that the amount of attention given to sport makes it appear to matter more than others.

3. I agree because, everyone is equally important and no sport is more-or-less important than another.
      Even if the president or the king of that particular place says he likes a particular sport such as Rugby, Soccer, baseball or cricket no sport doesn't matter.
      Without people liking a sport there will be no one to play the sport.
      THANK YOU.

• I don't think that sports that are in competitions matter ,because people "play" ,and then take money for playing , but I think we can live our life without those players ,and l am not talking only about football I am taking about all sports , because players take alot of , and doctors who save lives take less money . It's not fair.

1. Interesting ideas. Why do you think certain athletes earn so much money?

1. I think certain athletes earn so much money because they have exceptional talent and skills that make them highly valuable to sports teams and sponsors. Their performances on the field or court attract large audiences, which translates into revenue through ticket sales, merchandise, and broadcasting rights. Additionally, endorsements and sponsorships contribute to their high earnings. It's a combination of their talent, marketability, and the demand for their skills that drives their high salaries. What do you think about athletes' salaries?

• To me an international game can be beneficial to a country very well because it gives that country a name,it helps to give they glory and by people participating in sports it makes them physically fit because they increase in strength and experience. The negatives will be when participators try to use illegal enhancing drugs or trying to intentionally injure a player just because of jealousy,this can bring shame to that country. For option C every sport matter because each of them keep you physically fit.All are important because they were never graded or rated they ere there to perform they same function.

• Hello everyone,
    I think that all the types of games are beneficial for people and countries. All sports have their own ideas
    and specialities and have no more negetivities. In my opinion, FIFA worldcup is most beneficial for to make competitive relations between all countries. The players involve in this worldcup will be able to know about the people are in same industry and get motivation and confidence from other and they can do better in sports in future. This is benificial for every country to make healthy and competitive relation with other countries. Thankyou.

• the national sports are like big games where people from different countries come together to show how good they are at sports. It's like when you and your friends playing soccer against another school, but on a match bigger scale! Despot events make us feel proud of where we come from, like when we see someone from our country doing well.

But sometimes, these big sport events can make people too focused on winning. Might forget that not as supposed to be for and make them feel happy. And when they are team doesn't win, complete can make them feel sad.

Still, every sport is special and that has its own importance. Weather it's been soccer, gymnastics, or running, each sport teaches us something valuable.

So, even though international sport can have some problems, they are still really cool because they bring people together and make us feel proud of who we are. And that's something to be thankful for! ☺️

• I think international games are extremely beneficial to both the people and countries due to the financial benefits that come with winning. This need for financial gain for certain countries can drive them to try and produce the best athletes so they can have the highest opportunity to win.

For instance when winning a medal at the Olympics the country that the athlete is from will gain a certain amount of money due to the place they came. The money that the country receives will help fund some of the countries plans so they will push their athletes to their limits with the hope of winning.

Continuing with the idea that some countries need financial gain can also lead to many problems to do with overtraining in young children. This amount of overtraining that some children have can lead to them having a loss of childhood and mental issues later in life.

When sports events are held internationally it also gives a chance for local tourism to improve and help smaller businesses gain money due to the number of people all of a sudden visiting that area.

So in conclusion, international games can have many positive and negative attributes when it comes to sporting events.

1. Interesting ideas. Can you tell us where you found your evidence on overtraining young children?

• I believe that international games are good to the people and the countries because it might be a part of who they are as a person. And the country can be known for the sport. Some disadvantages can be that the country can be bullied for the sport and might be considered weird for the sport. In my opinion, all sports matter to everybody because it can show how important it is for them.

• Actually all sports deserve respect and matter equally. Is true that most of sports nowadays which are more popular are more respected by people but I think that what really matters is not the money, social or global impact such as football which is the sport more played and known in the world nowadays. All of them have their own benefits and should be treated good, of course people need to give opportunities to other sports to learn that there is not an sport which matter more, that the main thing is to learn and enjoy taking sports.

• Me personally, in my opinion more sports do "matter" more then others. Like track for an example, this helps people with running faster in any situation and breathing better. Either if you are a sprinter or a long distance runner. Running can come a long way and make a good benefit in your life. A sport for cheer, I do cheer and its not really a sport if you ask me. All I'm doing is yelling and doing tricks, flipping,jumping and clapping. Cheer is a fun sport but like said, it doesn't really benefit you in life unless you want to get a deeper voice... other than that its not really beneficial. Another sport called "Table Tennis", me personally, I do NOT think that this is a very important game or sport. All you are doing is moving your hands to hit a ball, unless you are trying to get faster at mofving your wrist and hands.

1. I'm not sure about your opinion that cheerleading is not a sport. Can you explain your reasons for your opinion a bit more?

1. Yes I can explain some more. Like said, in my opinion I said that cheerleading is not a sport. But it also depends on what type of category of cheerleading it is. If we are talking about school/district cheerleading its different. But if I were to be talking about competition cheerleading, that is a sport. I cheer for my school, and I don't do competition cheer. Competition cheerleading is a lot more intense then school cheerleading. I say that because, you really CANNOT mess up in competition and they grade/score you off every little mistake or whatever the score book says. Like if you were to step off the mat in a competition, you could get at least like 10 points took off your final score JUST for that. But if I was saying that school/district cheerleading in not a sport in my opinion, I would say I was right. At the end of they day, cheerleading in general takes a lot of work to memorize cheers.

2. In my perspective, I do not see cheer leading as a sport, although I think it could gain income through all the yelling and shouting for a period of time, but I do not still see it as a sport. Also in agreement to best_harp, It also depends on the aspect of cheer leading therefore in a way, it can actually be a sport depending on the category. That is: whether school cheering or competition cheering.

• I don't think any sports matter. All the sports played by the players are of their choice. Not everyone will be interested in one sports. Some are interested in football, cricket, and many more. And now a new sports enhanced games is coming people will also be curious about that. All the games have their own fun and people learn different skills. International games can be beneficial because people might get good opportunities for example to play in a team. People become a good player and go out of one country to another and show their game to play in team. It eill really help them.

• I think that the international games will encourage people to break the scientific limits of the human body. But that raises the question: some performance enhancers will be better than others, which means that all athletes will use the same enhancers, and at that point, you might need to put a limit on the dosage of enhancers that one person could use. Because you could overdose and accidentally die. This also raises a health and safety problem. If little kids watch the Enhanced Games, they may think that enhancers turn them into Superman. So, that means that the Enhanced Games must only contain adults. And the notion that some sports "matter" more than others is simply wrong. I think what Aron meant is that the Enhanced Games will host sports that are popular. So, no. It all depends on personal preference. In short, I don't think the Enhanced Games will benefit society outside of scientific experiments.

• In my opinion all sports matter because if people do dancing, swimming or tennis then all of them are unique like us. I think football is the most liked but all of the sports and clubs should be liked. I think that football is all ways on tv but tennis is only on tv but all the sports should be equal to each other.

1. Can you think of reasons why certain sports are televised more? What sort of factors make some sports more popular that others? How can the imbalance be addressed?

• Indeed, international games can be extremely beneficial for people from every regionality and nationality. Initially, this kind of games can work as a manner of social integration. Athletes have the opportunity to communicate with people with different beliefs and morals, they broaden their horizons and develop their friendship circle. Nevertheless, not everything is perfect about international games. When competing in such prestigious competitions, there is too much antagonism and stress. Athletes have to face with a lot of stress as they feel obliged to win which is not always what happens.
    In my perspective, there isn't sports that matter more than other. Each sport has its own beauty and it requires different skills. It depends only on the preference of the athlete, what suits his personality and of course what he is able to do. Besides, loving and enjoying what you do is what matters.

• It gives other people from other people a chance to show what their made of.It also give them a chance to succeed at what they like to do.

• They might bring rules from their country here and they might end up cheating on accident or not knowing anything.

• I believe that Olympic games is the perfect opportunity to give the chance different cultures to meet in the sports field. If the rules are the same for all countries then it can make a bond between the athletes. The spirit of sport competition is to praise the healthy competition and not only who or which country wins.
    For all these I think that the benefits are enough for people and countries.
    As for me all sports should be face equally and with the same importance. I understand that some of them may have more impact because of advertising but behind every sport there is hard work of each athlete and we should respect that.

1. I respectfully disagree with the idea that all sports should be face equally. For example, in sports like football, the money invested can be recouped in multiple ways because fans are always willing to attend games, regardless of ticket prices. Therefore, investing in popular sports like football is more beneficial than investing in sports that lack public interest, as it ensures a return on investment.

2. HELLO, Peacful_mode,
      I agree with you that lots of people all over the world and they have their differ take such sports to their country and carry it on. All sports have the different benefits they bring and they should be seen equally. It could be that same sports are more famous, that is why they are seen as the most important. We should always acknowledge these sports and never frown at them because they bring a lot of benefits to the body system.

3. I totally agree with you!!
      International games are a perfect example of different cultures meeting all together for a very respected purpose.
      That of accepting winning, giving encouragement to succeed and never to give up.
      I have to confess that Olympic games has given me the opportunity to get to know how paralympic games work
      All started when I met some years ago a paralympic athlete at my school, Che Jonn Fernandez.
      He came to our school to talk to us and make us think that nothing is impossible even if you think that your disability can prevent you.
      This life lesson was the ultimate benefit these games can offer.

• International games may be beneficial for both the people and the countries in different ways. For people that can be a chance to present their talent all over the world and country can also feel proud if their athlete is doing well. If someone faces loss, then next time they will do more practice to make themselves better which will again built The capability of standing again after facing loss. Which will lead them to do more and exceed the limits in performance. Also, there is no other sport which is at the top of the other. Because every sport is unique and has its own advantages .Also each sport cannot be performed by any person. The person has to train themselves and work hard then only they will master in that particular game. Also any other person cannot say bad to any other sport because the person who is playing that sport it’s also doing hard work as the person who is speaking. It will be wrong to say bad to other sports if you’re not playing it. we should definitely encourage each and every person who is trying to give his best and also we should encourage to do it in a more better way ………..

• Well, I think that some sports matter more than others because they are more known and famous than the others. For example, according to my research, globally, football is often considered the most popular sport, with a massive following in countries across Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and more. It has a broader worldwide appeal. Basketball, on the other hand, is extremely popular in the United States and some other countries, especially in North America.
    I say that some sports are more famous than the other because they have more fans and some are known everywhere while the others are known only in a few places just like the case we have with basketball and football, football is known worldwide and iis is also more popular than basketball while basketball is only famous in some places especially North America.

1. But don't you think that the importance of a sport should not be judged on the basis of its popularity but the connection it holds for the other section of society. This is like saying that only the student who is popular in class matters and not the one who isn't known by all. When in reality, the quiet kid may actually be competent enough to become a scientist and work for the betterment of humanity. As we know, popularity is subjective. Some sports matter more to some people than to others, resulting in popularity. But that another sport might be very important to some other person, which hasn't been included in the enhanced games. This would not give them a platform to show what they are good and passionate about and might actually discourage them.

• I believe that certain sports are more important than others, particularly when you consider the health advantages. I for one enjoy swimming. Both Olympians and Paralympians can participate in swimming as a sport. I think swimming has a tonne of advantages. For instance, people are advised to try swimming when intense sporting activities like tennis or running result in knee, hip, or ankle issues. In addition to being a powerful mood enhancer and perhaps improving bone health and brain function, frequent swimming also lowers stress, anxiety, and depressive symptoms.

• I think that no sports matter because every sport is unique and has its own rules that make it different. In football you have to make sure that the football doesn't touch the ground or the play will not count as a pass or run but in basketball you have to make sure you bounce the basketball on the ground or they'll call a travel. Now i'm trying to say that every sport is different in their own ways.

• International games are games that promote cooperation and interculturalism.
    If is based on fairness then people raking part will gain the best experience as it is the a special.event that many people love.
    Sometimes we may feel how two countries can compete if they are in war? Will it make worse? I don't believe if people trust the true meaning of competitiveness.

• In my opinion some sports do not matter more than other, though some may be more popular but they all are helping the people who play them. Also international games could be beneficial on a big and small scale, for instance it could bring tourist into the country and help them make money as a whole country, but also it could help individual from making money to being healthier. Though there are some negatives that the games may bring too, some examples would be that after the people retire from the enhanced games the drug could be dangerous to them. Take steroids as one many bodybuilders take them to win competitions but after they are left with a lot of acne high heart attack rates ect. So though it may bring some positives in the person is at high risk when taking the steriods in the enhanced games.

• I strongly believe that all sports matter as they all come from different roots that represents culture and all have their own benefits.

• It has a limit, but some people usually use it more than expected because you have to balance everything in life, and enhanced sports is one of them. In my opinion, it can seriously harm the athlete and his performance. It may also attempt to cause confusion and fight between the citizens of a particular country and the athletes performing a sport.

• International games provide forum to all sports player for showcasing their talent and they reflect inclusivity, these games not only help in boosting the career of an athlete but also the economic situation of the host country. However, if these platforms focus only on certain games that are popular among the majority the idea of diversity would no longer remain in sports. Games like football or cricket have a huge fan base. Over the years these games have been televised to captivate audience's attention to the point that people almost have an emotional connection with them. On the other hand, some people do not even know about games like handball or kabaddi. But that does not make them any less important. Those who participate in these "unpopular" games endure the same pain as the others do and deserve the same recognition.
    Lets take an instance of dances; just because a large population is more aware of ballet as a dance type does not mean that it matters more than other forms of classical dances around a globe because each one is equally popular in its own country and requires the same hard work. Similarly, all sports require the same dedication and determination, and just because a certain sport is popular among one part of the globe does not mean that it matters more than the other ones, who are equally important.

• An international games event can be beneficial for people and countries for several reasons .it support tourism , cultural exchange and provides a platform for athletes to showcase thier talents on a world stage. Physically activities improve our health competition . It can have disadvantages such as risk of injuries pressure on athletes and may lead to a focus on winning at the expense of enjoying the activity itself. Some sports matter more due to historical , cultural, or popularity , while others believe the importance of sports is personal and depends on person interests.

• For option 3 I think all sports matter because no one is better than other in any way.While some people think that some sports are better than others I believe that sports have common benefits.For example they give entertainment,they bring unity,they promote co-operation among team members and also sportsmanship between players,it also increases the fitness of the body physically,mentally,emotionally and more. All in all sports have many benefits individually and commonly and none of them should be neglected or compromised.

1. "I don't agree with your points. I want to share my perspective. I don't think all sports are suitable for everyone. Take boxing and wrestling, for example. These sports can be tough on the body, especially for women. Many female adults don't enjoy them because of the risk of injuries. Sometimes, the fun of these sports turns into sadness, especially for the loser, who often gets hurt. So, these sports don't interest me, and I believe about 30% of females feel the same way." So these sports do not matter to the females but the males.

1. Respectfully, I disagree with some of the points you have made. You said that sports such as boxing and wrestling can be "tough on the body, especially for women" , which I agree with you on the fact that these sports do have impacts on the body, but every other sport also has impacts on a persons physical and mental health. However, you also said that these consequences are "especially for women" which in my opinion is taken from the idea of the stereotypical woman. Yes women face some of the negative impacts from sports, but so do men. This is important to think about when speaking about the world of sports. Every sport has its own challenges and sports such as ballet are just as difficult as wrestling.

• International games can bring a lot to a country. They bring fame and a good name to the country that performed the best and they also serve as a source of revenue to the country hosting the games. Although financing games is expensive, a lot of people will spend a lot of money to witness live games. There is a lot a country can gain from passionate sports fans.
    International sports, however, can cause unnecessary rivalry between two countries that are competing against each other. It is also, as I previously said, expensive to cater for these games. It may also cause issues like overcrowding in the host country, and when a place is overcrowded, it becomes harder to enforce law and order. Some crime can go unnoticed and fights could break out.
    I do not think some sports are more important than others, Economically speaking, there are some sports that have a better financial turnout and hence have an advantage over others, but every sport is important to particular people. But understand the concept of economizing by focusing on more popular sports. It is important to save money. But I feel no sport should be undermined, as every sport is important to someone.

• Hi, an international game can be beneficial for people because it helps people to get a better understanding of the sports, or if it is an athlete it can help develop their skills and what I mean is that people may have just Heard of a new international sport and they want to know how it is played or know what the rules are an international sports game can show them that and it will help them understand better than if it is a person has explained it to them or if they made research and it can also be beneficial to a country because let's say a country is hosting an international game for example Olympics or the world cup it can help the country gain profit from the games, for example, Qatar hosted the 2022 world cup and they made over 20% in profit in what they spend for the game preparations because of many people had come to see the world cup and they need places to see and eat and Qatar provided them with hotels and restaurants which increased their revenue massively. But the negative effect is that people might be too over-sensitive to what happens in the game for example when Nigeria vs South Africa was played in the 2024 AFCON 5 people died because of the shock when the referee denied a goal so can be bad for people who are too sensitive to what happens in a game and it can have a negative effect on a country if they get a lawsuit if something bad happens in the stadium of were the sport is happening for example when Malaysia made a new stadium to host a friendly football match then the stadium collapsed and over 200 people's lives were taken in that stadium and the family of the people that died sued the country for their family member that died in the stadium and the country lost a lot of money for the repairs of the stadium and the payment of the lawsuit. I think some sports matter of the type of game they are going to play if it is a game for fun all sports matter or if it is a competition all sports matter because all the games have points that are important for a team to win but let's say if it is for fitness for a specific part of the body some sports do matter more than others for example if a person wants to focus on a game that develops his upper body he is supposed to focus on the sports that do that like weight lifting or gymnastics he can't do the sports that focus on the lower or full body like running or swimming.

• I don't believe that some sports matter more than others. It all depends tha attraction each sport has according to which one people prefer.
    So for one person lover of football, this sport matter to him more, another one who is fond of swimming, this one matters to him more.
    Sports represent the highest quality of healthy lifestyle and it should focus on it.
    Media should promote every sport the same .
    However we have seen companies and sport brands depending their clothes according to the popularity of each sport.
    For them maybe the profit for us should e the general idea of sport lifestyle

• International games, such as the Olympics or World Cup, can offer numerous benefits for both individuals and countries. They promote cultural exchange and understanding, fostering global cooperation and unity. These events also stimulate tourism and economic growth in host countries, creating opportunities for local businesses and infrastructure development. Moreover, participation in international games can inspire individuals to pursue athletic excellence, leading to improved physical fitness and overall well-being on a societal level. However, there are potential negatives associated with these events, including the immense financial burden of hosting, which can strain public resources and lead to debt. Additionally, there may be concerns about corruption, doping scandals, and the exploitation of workers in preparation for such events. Furthermore, while all sports have their unique appeal and contribute to physical activity and entertainment, some may be perceived as more significant due to their global popularity, historical significance, or cultural resonance. However, the importance of a sport is subjective and varies depending on individual perspectives and societal values. Ultimately, the value of international games lies in their ability to bring people together, celebrate diversity, and showcase athletic talent on a global stage."Sports have the power to transcend boundaries, unite nations, and ignite the spirit of competition. In the arena of play, we discover the strength of character, the pursuit of excellence, and the beauty of teamwork. Sports are not just a game; they are a reflection of our shared humanity, teaching us perseverance, discipline, and the joy of triumph. In every victory and defeat, we find lessons that shape our character and connect us as a global community."

• An international games event can be beneficial for people and countries in several ways. At an international games competition different nations participate. They can exchange their cultures. It can create a sense of unity and global camaraderie.
    Moreover, hosting international games can stimulate economic growth for the host country. The event attracts tourists, generate revenue from ticket sales, create job opportunities etc. It can also lead to infrastructure improvements. Participating in international games can inspire individuals to pursue sports and physical activities promoting a healthier lifestyle.

I don’t think that some sports " matter " more than others because every sports has value and importance. Each sports has its unique characteristics and skill requirements. Sports makes one personal growth, teamwork and discipline. For example : Football teaches us teamwork, discipline. We can achieve better communication skills by playing football. On the other hand, Long Jump is done individually. When they play individually they can make personal growth. They can understand what they need to train more.
    That's why, I think some sports doesn’t "matter" more than others.

• In my opinion no sports matter more than others. This is because there are many different events such as marathons and triathlons which represent different groups of people. Each and every sport has its own benefits and aims and just because it isnt as spoken about or popular doesnt mean that it doesnt matter as much as a more popular sport.

International sports unite people from different backgrounds and countries which helps spread information about the lives and lifestyles of those from cointries that differ. There may be negatives to these events such as discrimination and hate towards those who look "different" or are from another country. This should not happen though as rule 50 (mentioned in another topic) prohibits any competitor from sharing their opinions and views on any politically conected topic.

• I think an international games might be beneficial for people and countries because it can be educative and informative for all. This will help peoples of a country in many ways. It can make a new sense about unity. An international games event can always be helpful for those who participate from various countries. Games make a people healthier. Thus, an international games might be much beneficial for various people and countries. I don't think that international games can bring negatives. I think games and sports are always good for people and a country. International games will always be helpful and positive for people and country.
    I don't think some sports "matter" more than others. I think all sports and games has same values. Every sports has uniqueness in their own way and style. Every sports has importance. Thank you.

• I think that international games plays an important role in promoting friendship,exchange of culture, global brotherhood, equality , discipline and unity . Also it boost the tourism and economic growth of that region , tourism generates employment opportunities. The negatives would be corruption, Hosting international games can be expensive, with costs for infrastructure, security, and maintenance increased in budgets. Lastly, all sports matter equally because they provide opportunities for physical activity, teamwork, and personal growth.also, certain sports may receive more attention or funding due to popularity, cultural significance, or media coverage, but every sport has value in promoting health, etc

1. Hello chatty_nation,
      I agree with you because in my own perspective, I think all games matter and every sports should be given equal opportunities for fairness. In my own country presicely Nigeria, it is not done that way. The only sport that is given much attention in my country is SOCCER or football as we refer to it here.Other sports also need attention so other sports need such attention.

• In my opinion, each sport offers different benefits. Some are better for strength, agility or even speed. Due to this belief, I feel no sport matters more because all of them are good in their own ways. It depends on the person and what you are trying to achieve. Even the most unpopular sport could be just the exercise with the qualities you want for you.

• First, I believe that international games can be extremely beneficial for both people and countries. One of the ways in which they can be beneficial is the way they unite countries who may not be in contact with each other regularly. This could lead to countries from different continents bonding well at an international set of games, leading to a stronger long term relationship, which could benefit both countries involved. In addition to this, it allows athletes to see their competition globally and see how they fit with the other athletes competing in the same sport. This allows athletes and coaches to know what they need to improve as well as identifying what is going well. As well as this, international sporting games can allow different teams/clubs to scout for new players , if it's a team sport. This gives not just the team but the athletes being scouted with incredible opportunities to play across the world.

However, if these international games don't go quite as well as expected, this could lead to minor or even major disagreements between athletes and countries. If this were to happen, more tension may be created, which is completely unneeded and is not what these sorts of international games are for. I do believe that these kinds of feuds only happen rarely and shouldn't be expected to happen at every international game.

I believe that all sports should 'matter' as much as each other as you have to be talented in some extremely different ways and each sport has its own unique characteristics. However, I do understand that if a set of international games are being broadcasted globally some sacrifices may have to be made in order to save time and building, such as in this example.

• I believe the idea of some sports that don't 'matter' is a bit unreasonable as they all provide many benefits to those who do those sports. They allow people to be active to build stamina and strength especially for young people and since there is such a vast variety there is something for everyone whether it is a high contact sport or a calm game. The idea of something not 'mattering' is not needed in the modern industry so people can show who they are and how improve the mistakes we make.

• Yes some sports matter more than others. In the case of India the national sport is Hockey but we Indians give the first and foremost preference to cricket. I feel that we Indians failed to promote our national game. As cricket has a huge craze amongst Indians , hockey is not being considered. And international games are indeed benefitial for people like the Olympics which gives a an equal opportunity with gender equality and it also educates youth about sports without discrimination. International games are also benefitial for a country because it stands as a reason for economical development and it also includes cultural exchange.

• I wanted to share how international games can actually benefit countries. I think these games can inspire parents to support their children's hobbies in sports and help them develop their skills. In my country, many parents tend to discourage their children from pursuing careers in sports, thinking that it won't lead them anywhere. However, when athletes from different countries bring medals and earn respect for their nations, it can generate enthusiasm among parents and children.

• In my oppinion international games can be highly beneficial to people of countries and the countries itself.Games like the olympics are a substanstial boost in tourism economic factors and population shifts, when a game is hosted in a country the country gains many new people who fell in love during their time visiting the games.Even more though the country that wins said olympic games gains worldwide views and a large sum of money.For these reasons i believe international games are very helpful and nessescarry in the world if we want boost other countries.

• in my opinion there are some sports that matter all of the sports have there own benefits, it Increased confidence, Weight control, Improve mental health

1. Can explain why sports matter in your opinion and the benefits?

1. 1.Physical Well-Being:
        Fitness: Engaging in sports promotes physical fitness by keeping individuals active and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Regular and physical activity through sports helps maintain a healthy weight, increase stamina, and promote cardiovascular health. Sports reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and heart conditions.
        2.Mental Well-Being:
        Sports help reduce stress and anxiety, contributing to better mental health. Participation in sports enhances cognitive abilities, including focus, memory, and problem-solving skills. Sports bring positivity and calmness into an individual’s life.
        3.Social Interaction and Community Building:
        Unity and Belonging: Sports bring people together, breaking down social barriers and fostering a sense of belonging and unity within communities. Sports foster individual and collective resilience, teaching valuable life lessons like teamwork, discipline, and perseverance.
        4.Economic Impact:
        Job Creation: The sports industry generates jobs, from athletes and coaches to event organizers and support staff.
        5.Personal Growth and Character Development:
        Sports build teamwork and leadership skills Athletes learn discipline and dedication through training and commitment . Sports cultivate perseverance and a goal-oriented mentality. Achievements in sports boost self-confidence and self-esteem.
        6.Education and Academic Success:
        Sports encourage academic achievement and motivation.
        Athletes develop critical thinking and problem-solving abilities., time management, goal setting, and resilience are essential life skills learned through sports.
        7.Civic Engagement and Social Integration:
        Sports create a sense of belonging and unity within communities, Sports offer opportunities for civic engagement and participation. and also sports foster cultural exchange and understanding.

• There is no doubt that sports never fail to bring the world together. It provides a platform for national unity and city pride. Hosting international sports events such as the Olympics, Fifa World Cup, or the Super Bowl is the reason for a significant amount of economic development in countries. However, these economic developments can be beneficial but also very costly for host countries. Although they Might cause serious injury. The possibility of injury is probably one of the most evident disadvantage of participating in sports. Sports matter because They bring people together from diverse backgrounds. It unifies groups with a strong sense of belonging.

• 1. An international games might be beneficial for people and countries because it will generate many inputs not only fot the host country in the form of tourism but also for the participating countries in form of prizes and TV emmision benefits. Also people from a country could arrange to support their National Team, so it could improve society.
    2. Some negative effects should be some rivalries between countries because of a match, so institutional relationships could be broken. Also it can cause some problems in the host country as it is collapes with the people from all over the world and local people can be disturbed.
    3. In my opinion, all sports are at the same level but they are not recognised as if they were. I think the media haves much to improve in this way, because they usually (at least in Spain) focus on soccer or basketball, and sometimes other sports but is not the usual. But, although this, I think all sports matter and all should be shown in the same way.

• International games are beneficial for people and countries as it gives a sense of unity globally. Sports has power to connect people like nothing else. Take for example the excitement shared for who would win the world cup this year!! It also gives opportunity as an individual to represent their country and people. Sports as said is something liked by almost everyone hence gives opportunity to showcase talent to the world.
    Sports almost like religion can mobilise masses and may cause disharmony. Excess partisanship is a negative aspect of it. Countries which already have conflicts see sports played between them as a battle in itself. This may also affect personal lives of athletes. Also as said it leads to vast infrastructure funded by vast expenditures which may get wasted.
    Yes some sports do matter than others in relation to popularity. But still a minority is present which loves the less significant sport. It involves differences. It doesn't mean that they are less in numbers so their view won't be accepted. As a solution control on expenditure should be there for those minority sport in comparison to the major sport because treating identical and equal is different.

• I feel like every sport matters because every sport someone plays is how they tend to make money in their life and thats what they find to be fun for them.For example i play football,basketball,and track,thats how i have fun and it gives me an after school activity to stay active instead of being in the house on the game all day.

• But if I had to personally speak about the sports that matter I would choose Football,Basketball,and Track because Track is one of the sports where is rarely hard to get hurt and you can get big rewards and make money.I liek football because the excitement behind it and it has one of the most best reactions on every city.Finally i think basketball because its a good way to have excitement and safety at the same time

• Hello, topical talkers.
    Considering the topic, "which sports matter", In my humble point of view I feel that all sports matter in their unique way as they are all aimed to teach us good morales apart from something we consider as the main thing, "physical exercise". One thing that I feel all types of sports have in common is coordination. Speaking more on coordination, I have to say that all sports require teamwork. Coordination is needed to work in good harmony with your teammates. Also in a sport that may not necessarily be team based, one still needs to be coordinated as he/she may achieve higher efficiency, effectiveness and many other positive results.
    As one of my favorite sports quote states that "don't try to be the best on the team but be the best for the team". This simply tells us the importance of unity as we may want to stand out alone which is wrong. We should all work together as a team to stand out together.
    In a case where it is an individual sport, this saying states that, “The beauty of teamwork lies in the seamless coordination of individual efforts.” It is our efforts as individuals that actually determine the success of a team.
    In conclusion, all sports matter as they uniquely possess different positive characteristics. In any sports one may find his/herself in, put in your best and try to work in harmony with others as the end goal will be to the benefit of everyone.
    THANK YOU.

• International games are extremely beneficial to the host countries and its citizens for various reasons such as:
    1. Creating a good national image.
    2. To provide job and employment opportunities.
    3. It serves as a source of revenue.
    4. It provides opportunities to meet new people,etc.
    However with positives come negatives including:
    1. The expenses and costs.
    2. There is a chance that there will be some negative publicity.
    3. Potential safety hazards
    4. Negative effect on the environment,etc.
    In an objective outlook, some sports are more valued that other sports and are considered to be more prominent, for example;
    If one is to compare a sport such as football or track and field to another sport such as fencing the latter would seem inferior to most people.
    Subjectively, I am of the opinion that each sport matters equally and is completely based on your personal preference.

• Firstly, international games benefits the country because it creates availability of fame, money, and so on. It allows the country to have a social life with other counties, to mingle and communicate freely with other countries. But they also make a country proud which causes problem with other countries, it also creates a country to have many enemies of envy and also the stress might affect them and so on. Lastly, for me, no sport matter than the other, all of them are equal because they are all fun, dangerous, and so on but not all of them are equal for everyone and which causes some sports to be better than others and I do not blame them, so for me, No sport is better than the other, it depends on what you can do.

• I don't think that there are any sports that matter more than others. Some sports may be more popular. Some might appear to be safer, or more accessible. However, it doesn't mean that they are sports that matter the most. In my opinion, sports are there so people can exercise and be healthy. Those who are really passionate about a certain sport can train hard and become champions. From my point of view, it doesn't matter what sport you practice, as long as it brings you pleasure and you do it cheerfully. I believe that every single person has a favorite sport, which is based on personal preferences. I think that it might be like somebody's favorite color, piece of clothing or movie. You can't say which is the best color, nor the best, nor the best piece of clothing. Instead, you can say which one is most popular. This states what the majority of people prefer, but it definitely doesn't mean that the others that like something else are wrong. From my point of view, when it comes to tastes, there is no wrong answer and no answer matters less than another. When asking someone about something like this, I don't typically expect to receive an answer which is based on the black and white logic, that some sports are important, while others are not. In my opinion, the answers come in a variety of colors.

• Hello Everyone,
    International games can be beneficial in many ways. Like sir mentioned, For an individual, Such games are used to bring up hope, the spirit of sportsmanship and boost confidence. International games can also inspire and promote sports participation, leading to healthier lifestyles and the development of local sporting talent.
    For countries too, International games also provide a platform for cultural exchange, allowing people from different countries to come together, learn about each other's cultures, and build friendships, fostering a sense of global unity and understanding. These events can promote peace by bringing nations together in friendly competition. It can also help the country in terms of economy.

However, they bring some negatives too. Hosting international games can be costly, requiring significant investment in infrastructure and security as mentioned by sir, which may not always result in long-term benefits. International games can sometimes be a target for political protests or controversies, highlighting political issues within and between countries.

I believe all sports are equal and all require constant efforts and hardwork. They may need different skills for different sports so no sports matter more than other. However, from cultural point of view, people may have different opinions on the sports they think may matter more than others.

• While international games have numerous benefits, they can also bring certain negatives.
    One potential negative impact is that the hosting country needs a lot of money to host international games. The expenses related to infrastructure development, security and marketing can be substantial leading to financial strain for the host country. Sometimes the burden gets so high that they can't have profit from the event. International games can lead to corruption. For hosting international games, some countries do a bidding process. That sometimes leads to bribery and favouritism. It has raised concerns about transparency and fairness of the game. Doping scandals also tarnish the reputation of athletes and participating nations. Mostly for the hosting countries. These issues can disrupt the daily lives of local residents and make them uncomfortable.

I believe some sports don’t matter more than others because every sport is beneficial for our body and mind. Each sport has its own unique characteristics. Each sport develops our skills. They do good to our health in many ways. Some teach us discipline, some teach us teamwork etc. For example : Cricket is played as a team. It teaches us teamwork, discipline and many other virtues. On the other hand, Chess is played individually. It develops our mind. It makes our mind sharp.
    That's why, I think some sports don’t matter more than others.
    Thank you.

• International games are very important as they promote international bons through the spirit of competitiveness.
    I think that some may say that they even promote tough competition but the audience that watches it just feels proud when the corresponding country wins.
    It is a great opportunity to learn new athletes and cheer for their world records. This is the meaning of Olympic sports. Accept the winning of every athlete and feel proud of them.

• I agree with articulate_butterfly because is true there aren't sport that matter most , for example: football and basketball are all ballgames and sport.
    Some Olympics are great for some people because,apeople have different talents and abilities for different games and every sportsman or woman put in hard work and effort and it will be unfair if other sports are given more attention and funding just like the case we have in Nigeria where football is seen and treated as the most important in funding and all. I think this is not fair to the other sports.

• International sports events are beneficial to the country and people because they bring in tourism and boost the economy. The revenue generated from this event can be utilized by the government to address issues and improve the lives of the citizens.

• I am really fascinated by this topic and yes the Olympics are getting really expensive every time they host a tournament like this one. The Olympics do bring the world together in 1 massive event and many sports to participate in and to really compete for the gold , silver and bronze medals for their country

1. Very true the Olympics are very expensive, but we should also remember that the Olympics brings the world together, it also makes countries to produce the best athletes they have and train better ones for the next ones, in my opinion I do not believe that there is a sport that matters more than the others, I think that every sports matter as they make the athletes to train to they break the limits and to learn from their mistakes, one problem that athletes face is ridicule, when an athlete fails to get first position some citizens of their countries tend to badmouth them and maltreat them but I think that this habit is not good instead of antagonizing them why don't they try to encourage them and support them, after all the competitions were made to push them to break their limits not for them to win everything.

2. I don't agree with bright_armadillo because some of the people who participate in the Olympics use enhancement drugs so that they will be stronger, faster, and active so they can get the medal and those players that did not use the enhancement drugs will not be happy if they found out that they team that won used the enhancement drugs to win the match, they will not be happy with those who used the enhancement drugs to win.

1. I agree with you on your point and will like to add on it. I am also in total disagreement with the usage of drugs because the main aim of sports is to bring out the best out of the athlete and not for the athlete to use negative ways to win. Sports has only one winner who has the characteristics of perseverance, hard work and consistence, these are what make a champion not using artificial methods like usage of drugs to win. So with the coming of the Enhanced games the issue of doping is indirectly becoming legalized, but in as much as you have stated a point about the fans being sad that the athlete used a negative process to win the election but also the fact that they are putting their bodies at risk all in order to win a competition, this is very bad because the side effects of performance enhancers are very terrible, so I would rather say that the athletes should try their best to try and avoid this enhancers and win competitions by the best and suitable method.
        THANK YOU.

• Hello Topical Talkers,
    Here's my opinion on "What negatives international games might bring?" :-
    International Games, a game where all the countries in the world participate, might bring enmity to two or more countries. Here's an example for better explanation - 'Athlete of Country 'A' and Athlete of Country 'B' are participating in the Enhanced Games. Country 'A' and Country 'B' have equal number of wins and this particular event may prove as tie breaker. In the Race, Country 'A''s Athlete looses to Country 'B''s and accuses the winner of 'cheating'. Matters may get worse and may lead the countries to wars.'
    Thank youuu!

• What I would like to say about it is that all sports mater because every one has a reason for engaging in the sport it could be a form of livelihood or for financial benefits, and all the sport that people engage in has a positive impact to the body example soccer, basketball, hand ball, volleyball etc, like to keep the body fit at all times it could also boost the person's immune systems to be able to fight against illness and diseases.
    Through sports we can get to different people form different states, countries more and how they behave.

• I believe that every sport matter. Ok some people tend to focus more because of their popularity but all of them have the same goal: to exercise us and motivate us into a healthy lifestyle. So which one you prefer to watch or do is up to what you find more likeable.
    Nowadays there is a plethora of sports and some of them may even have an increase in their popularity
    I think that the problems of our environment guide us to a healthier lifestyle including that of exercising and doing sports.

• HELLO!
    Participation in international games can bring fame to countries and athletes that’s why international games are beneficial for people and countries.

To me, international games don’t have much negativity.

To me no Sport matter more than others.

THANK YOU!

• I think all the sports matter because each sport its valuable thing because everybody likes what they like. Other sports give more money like soccer. I am pretty sure that soccer is the most paid sport but everysport matters because people like what they like and All sports has some important history to it.

• I think international games can be beneficial for people and countries because they offer a stage where athletes from various nations unite, promoting the sharing of cultures and ideas. However, international games can also have negatives. For example, large-scale events like this can have a significant environmental footprint due to transportation emissions, construction projects, and waste generation, and this can link to climate change. Regarding whether some sports "matter" more than others, this can depend on a person's perspective. Some sports might mean a lot more to certain places or have tonnes of fans worldwide, but each sport has its own unique appeal and adds to the overall sporting culture.

• Different people have their different opinions on sports. Some people see it as a way of have fun, stay active and relieve stress while other people see it as a boring, stressful and tiring sport.
    I personally see sport as a relaxing leisure activity that should be enjoyed by everyone but some people see sports in a negative or different way. Sports has both advantages and disadvantages, some advantages of sports include
    1. It helps to keep the body fit.
    2.It is a fun leisure activity.
    3.It encourages teamwork.
    While some disadvantages of sports include;
    1. Some sports are quite expensive.
    2.It can cause body pains to the athlete.
    3. International sports can cause rivalries between some countries.
    THANKYOU!!!

• International games can provide a lot of benefits to people, athletes and the country.First if all the jost country will attract a lot of tourists and the workforce will be increased. New.jon opportunities will be shown.
    Concerning athletes they receive a lot of reputation and money.
    But the most important is that it contributed to intercultural partnership without any kind of discrimination.

• All sports have some level of importance and impact on society. However, certain sports have a wider reach and significance due to their popularity, cultural influence, and ability to bring people together. Some sports that are often considered to “matter” more to society include football (soccer), basketball, tennis, and cricket. These sports have global followings, massive fan bases, and contribute to social, economic, and cultural development in various communities around the world.

• I think Beyond the thrill of competition, international games offer a wealth of benefits for individuals and countries alike. Athletes from diverse backgrounds inspire and motivate others, fostering a love for sports and a drive for excellence. These events bridge cultural divides, promoting understanding and appreciation between nations. Participants, whether athletes or volunteers, gain valuable experience in teamwork, leadership, and embracing different cultures, preparing them for success in a globalized world. On a national level, international games can be economic engines, generating tourism revenue, creating jobs, and boosting infrastructure development. They also enhance a country's image on the world stage, attracting investment and fostering international cooperation. Furthermore, these events unite citizens behind a national team, fostering pride and a sense of belonging. While careful planning is crucial to ensure responsible hosting, international games have the potential to positively impact individuals, communities, and nations.

• In My Opinion People Say That Girl Stuff Are Only For Girls And Boy Things Are Only For Boys For An Example, Gymnastics Is For Girls And Football Or Basketball Are For Boys. Thats Not True! Anybody Can Be A Gymnist And Anyone Could Be A Footballer Like There Is A Womens Football Type Of Game And A Man Type Of Football Game In My Opinion, Gymnastic Is For Boys/Men Women/Girls.Everybody Is Equal

1. This is a great point! Thanks for using examples of the types of stereotypes that you think should be stopped.

• Hi!
    In my perspective...
    An international games can be good because they let people from different countries come together to compete and learn about each other. This can help countries make friends and grow their economies. But sometimes, these games can cost a lot of money and cause problems like disagreements between countries or cheating.

When it comes to which sports "matter", it's kind of like asking if some foods are better than others. Some people might say popular sports like soccer or basketball matter more because lots of people love them. Others might think all sports are important because they give everyone a chance to play and enjoy themselves.

Thank you!

• I think that international games are beneficial to countries and people by bringing in unity, take for example the Olympics whereby athletes from different countries ranging from coaches to athletes to the fans all meet and come together to compete for global honor in different categories of sports, if the people involved meet each other, they can be able to develop bonds with others and may settle differences among themselves.
    In as much as this point is a benefit, it can also be a disadvantage by the fact that people have different teams they support and may begin to fight if their team is not supported by others or if their team does not win and may begin to hate the winning nation.
    I don't feel that any sport is more important than the other because they have the same purpose of giving individuals employment opportunities like coaching, health personnels, the athletes themselves, and many others. They also are sources of income for the employed people, and also sources of entertainment to the fans. I will like to elaborate more on the part of being a source of income.
    Every sports field has different employment opportunities and automatically pay the employed for their services, but sports have different payments due to the level of how they are watched, but this is wrong because all sports generate income, besides it is the same hard work that all athletes put in, so they deserve to be paid equally for their time, dedication and even their perseverance.
    In conclusion, I believe that no sport is more important than another because all athletes put in a lot of effort.
    THANK YOU.

• I believe that certain sports events are more beneficial than others due to the economic advantages they bring to the host countries. For example, Qatar greatly benefited from hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2022. Therefore, in my opinion, some sports events have a greater impact than others.

• Obviously some sports do not "matter" more than others since all of them are unique and help people mentally and physically. Some sports might have more benefits than another one but it shouldn't matter as long as you have fun. One good argument you could possibly put up against this would be that if no one plays the sport then yes, it really couldn't matter. But hey, as long as 1 person plays that particular sport, then it definitely matters, well at least to them.

• I think that international games includes so many benefits that is the reason they are so successful worldwide.
    They represent teamspirit, healthy competition and achievements through hard work.
    The only drawback I can think of is the fanaticism of perfection of athletes.
    But this I believe is sometimes falsely guided by coaches who treat athletes as trophies and not as a unique personality with unique characteristics.

• All the sports are for fun and also can give benefits which evolve the country financially such as if your country has a great club more people will go to your country to see their matches like in football there's a world cup which countries play in and it's too important cup so all the different cultures and people come to see it or mostly the people who are enjoying football and the country gets money from people passaging .
    Also usually it have some negative impact which are like side effects of sports which is some people take it hard and when their team lose in a sudden, they will be in a sorrow. I want to say to this people respectfully take it easy it's not a total disaster or a calamity.
    In my viewpoint usually some sports matter for me more than the other but at all it's about your viewpoint so no sport is better than the other one.

• When a country is willing to host a major sports event, it is first required to invest millions of dollars in evaluating, preparing, and submitting a bid to the committees in charge. It is estimated that countries spend around $50 million to $100 million on planning, hiring consultants, organizing events, and the necessary travel.

1. Can you tell us where you found your evidence?

2. I agree that the country hosting an event like this need to invest a big amount of money on buildings, transportation safety and so on. However there are many groups of volunteers and the tourism involved inthis period generates a big amount of profit.
      For me the thing that needs to be considered is the aftermath of these events. Countries need to ensure that all the investment required had a continous positive effect and afterwards by reusing these buildings for many different purposes.

3. You made a good comment but I disagree with what you have said because first of all it is not good to make a general statement like that without being sure. Don't get me wrong but I mean that we all know that it will require investment or money but it would be good if you say based on ones you know.
      For example, the question you are asked by chloe @topical talk now, she has the experience and that is why she asked you.

• I think Some argue that hosting international sports events can be beneficial to countries. Hosting sports events could secure inflows of foreign capital, generate employment, and make people want to spend money. The Fifa World Cup that is going to be held in Doha during the summer of 2022 is expected to boost Qatar and its region’s economy. Billions of dollars are being invested in the infrastructure of the stadium, metro system, airport, and a seaport. This has led to an increase in employment for Qatar and its neighboring countries. Also, the greatest opportunities are expected to occur in the banking and construction sectors. It is creating a boosting confidence for investment because of its new dynamism towards the world cup.

1. Are there any downsides in hosting such events?

1. Hello Chloe @ topical talk,
        Well, yes, after reading what approachable_pear said I think that he has a good point but as there are good sides to being the host country there are also down sides.
        For example, In topical talk, it was covered on how the world cup that was hosted by Qatar had a lot of downsides to it.
        1) Part of the immigrants that were working on the infrastructure of the stadium were grossly being underpaid until there was a public outcry.
        2)The violation of the LGBTQ+ rights.
        3) There were also restrictions to journalists because the country's freedom of expression was still very low.
        4) Human rights restrictions; some people were not allowed to take beverages to the stadium because of the ban of the use of beverages in Qatar
        5) Most importantly, the adverse effect on the climate as a result of the construction of new facilities to host the World Cup in Qatar.
        Most times, countries host such events at the expense of other things such as:
        1) Development of education especially the girl child.
        2) Investment in climate change as a result to help convert eco anxiety among young people.
        THANK YOU.

• I think that international games might be beneficial athletes by making them confident, healthy competitors and disciplined because of their efforts to win.
    Moreover, they get motivation by their fans which has the effect of providing them well- being.
    Additionally there are many benefits for the hosting country.
    They are advertised in the whole world and if they have a secure and successful competition tourism will increase.

• Hello Topical Talkers!
    In my opinion, there isn't a particular sport that "matters". This is because every sports are essential in their places. What I mean is that for accurate aim basketball and football are above sports like swimming, but then swimming plays its part in muscle development which is better than the development which takes place in football and basketball. Then, there is the fact that all the sports (mostly) focus on speed. So, there isn't actually a superior in sports when we look from the perspective of body benefits.
    To be honest, I find Swimming a beneficial sport, since it focuses on speed and strength all together..what do you prefer?

• I think International games, such as the Olympics or the World Cup, offer numerous advantages for both individuals and countries. They serve as a platform for cultural exchange, encouraging interactions between people from diverse backgrounds and fostering mutual respect. Moreover, these events provide an economic boost through increased tourism and infrastructure development. They promote national pride and unity, inspiring athletes and citizens alike. Additionally, international games offer diplomatic opportunities, acting as a conduit for improved international relations. They also leave lasting legacies, including improved infrastructure and heightened global visibility. While there are challenges to hosting such events, the benefits they bring to people and countries are substantial.
    Hosting international games, such as the Olympics or the World Cup, can bring numerous benefits to host countries and cities, including economic growth, increased tourism, and a sense of national pride. However, there are several potential drawbacks associated with hosting such events. These include the high cost of infrastructure development, the displacement of local populations, and increased security concerns. Additionally, hosting international games can lead to social disruption, environmental damage, and an overemphasis on sports at the expense of other social and political priorities. Despite these challenges, with careful planning and responsible governance, the benefits of hosting international games can outweigh the negatives.

• I think the idea of which sports "matter" more is subjective and multifaceted. While some sports like soccer boast immense global followings and cultural influence, others might be deeply cherished within specific regions due to their connection to national identity. Accessibility also plays a role, with resource-intensive or culturally limited sports potentially facing smaller participant pools. Ultimately, an individual's personal connection to a sport, regardless of its popularity, and the values it fosters, like teamwork or strategic thinking, determine its "importance" for them. Therefore, judging the significance of sports is best approached with an understanding of the diverse perspectives and values at play.

• Hi everyone.
    Certainly, International games often serve as a stage for cultural exchange, breaking down barriers between nations and promoting goodwill. They can boost tourism, stimulate local economies, and create a sense of shared humanity. On the flip side, the financial burden of hosting such events, controversies over hosting rights, and instances of political protests can be potential downsides.

In terms of the importance of sports, some argue that sports with widespread global appeal, like soccer, have a broader impact, while others emphasize the intrinsic value of each sport in fostering skills, teamwork, and individual growth. It's a nuanced discussion with perspectives varying based on cultural, historical, and personal preferences.
    Thank you all for the chance to speak.

• International games can be beneficial to people and countries because it's a better way of showing off our talents and also the way of representing one's country and showing what we can do as humans. A country or person that is not heard about before can be heard through international games when the person perform well.
    International games can bring negative news only in few cases like making use of the enhancing games too much will be to the detriment of their health or maybe when athletes gets injured during games that may result to the cancellation of the games or maybe bring riot.

• In my opinion, international games are important because of the following reasons-
    1. The International Games bring different kinds of people to different places encouraging, a diverse friendship and knowledge.
    2. The International Games also benefit cities by improving their population and economic growth. An example is that Dubai, a city in UAE, has many sports competitions attracting people from all over the world. Also, day by day, Dubai is becoming richer and wealthier.
    3. The International Games and the athletes also provide some inspiration and confidence to other people who want to pursue sports.
    4. The competitors also get better by competing with other people at their level, which improves their skills and pushes them to their maximum capacity.
    Now, the disadvantages-
    1. The places that host these games like Athens or Rio have some built but not used stadiums because the international games are too expensive.
    2. They also make countries spend millions of dollars on stadiums that instead could be used for healthcare.

I think that all sports matter because all of the sports have different purposes for different things. They all benefit us in a unique way. If you like a sport that is not popular, don't think you should leave it. All sports matter, regardless of the popularity.
    Thank You

• I think there are a lot of benefits for international games and there are many reasons why this happens.
    Athletes get famous worldwide and they make a good impression on others and sport clubs, and they also gain a lot of experience.
    Additionally in games such as the Olympics the country can be benefited by gaining fame and popularity too.
    In that way they have a chance to show off their stadium and facilities

• HELLO!
    Well, it's all about personal preference and what resonates with each individual. Different sports have different fan bases and cultural significance. Some might argue that certain sports have a larger global impact or generate more revenue, but ultimately, the importance of a sport is subjective and varies from person to person. What matters most is the enjoyment and passion that people find in their favorite sport.

• The Olympic games are like a big test for athletes. Every try matters and everyone competes for the win.
    If you win all that hard work gets paid off with fame and money. Theses are benefits on a personal level except of course the athletes ultimate goal.
    To feel that all the sacrifices they have done , they were recognized.
    On a general level the benefits are also the same.
    The host country gets all the recognition at that point and if they organise everything successfully they will always be remembered.

• Hello,
    I think that an international game can help a lot of people and even nations, by bringing the together. It is very pivotal for promoting unity among people of different backgrounds.
    For individuals it helps them to cooperate by helping them to face a common goal which is supporting a particular club or country and at the national level it helps unifies people of different tribes and age by helping them to look up to the heroes of the international games. Let's use football as our case of study many people of different age countries and tribes come together to support and watch their club of interest forgetting their backgrounds and embracing each other as brothers for the sake of a sport.
    International games can also be bad in the sense of creating more rivalries between supporters of a club or a nation. When people come together to support club, they have people that oppose their club causing enmity between the fans of a club and another club.
    I think that all sports matter equally because they all provide livelihood for people, government and private industries, and on top of that they overall serve as a source of entertainment, making all sports very helpful.

THANKYOU.

• I don't think any sports matters because all sports are important because most sports are all about you training your body parts and example when you jogg you have exercise your body parts and the are sports are sports that the are just for you to have strength and energy example ballgames

• In my opinion there are no sports that are more important than the others. I say this because people watch some sports more than the watch the others but even if those ones are more famous than the others, I still do not think that these sports should be put as they are more important than the other sports. For example in a case of football there's no doubt that football is more popular and and enjoyable than basketball but even if some people think that football will forever be better, in my opinion too it is better but I don't think that in this case that that it should be put that football is more important and beneficial than basketball. All in all, both the sports pay according to the skills of the players and for different things. The same thing goes in all other sports.
    All in all I just think that no game is more important than the other for two reason specifically; the first will be that they are both for entertainment and career purposes the second will be that they are both beneficial to the body in physical activities because they can release athletes of stress and other different things. So, if they all have the characteristics, why would some people think that some games are more important than the others.
    In conclusion I just say that no game is more important than the other because all in all they still bring the they both have the same characteristics and they are both entertaining to watch.
    THANK YOU.

• I think international games like the Olympics or the FIFA World Cup are like big parties where people from different countries come together to play sports. They're cool because they help people learn about each other's cultures and become friends. It's like when you swap lunches with a friend at school and get to try new foods!
    These games also make countries famous because they show off their talents to the whole world. Imagine if you were the best at something and everyone knew it - that's how countries feel when they win medals or matches at these big events!
    But sometimes, these games can be a bit tricky. They cost a lot of money to organize, like planning a big birthday party for the whole neighborhood. And sometimes, they can make people move away from their homes or businesses, which isn't always nice.
    Also, some people might try to cheat or do bad things to win, which isn't fair. It's like playing a game and someone keeps changing the rules to win. That's not cool 😎.
    When it comes to which sports are important, it depends on who you ask. Some sports are super popular around the world, like soccer or basketball. Others might be really special to certain countries or cultures, like sumo wrestling in Japan or cricket in India.
    So, whether a sport matters or not is a mix of how many people like it, how important it is to certain places, and if it's part of big events like the Olympics. But remember, no matter what sport you like, the most important thing is having fun and playing fair!
    THANK YOU 🙂💝

• According to me, international games hold a great importance for people of different countries. It is a place to represent our own country and to show and prove ourselves. It becomes a matter of proud to participate in an international game and shows the whole world that your country is also going with the flow. It gives individual an identity. Furthermore, it becomes a meeting place of people from all over the world. They get a chance to make global friendships, it increases the brotherhood and unity among the people across the world. It also works as a source to end rivalry and enmity among different countries. For example: FIFA world cup works as a great fuel for the countries to strengthen the bonding's among themselves and to let others know our potentials and talent.
    Apart from this, international games maybe a place where people become the victim of discrimination and racism. The host country in this case may do some partiality which will put a negative effect on the players of other countries. Here the player of one country may become enemy of another country if there is any injustice in the game, which will create chaos and disturbed the relationship between the countries. For this reason, it is needed to arrange an international game which is free from any injustice and partially. Only then it will work for the betterment of the world. Unless it will become one of the reasons for the collision among different countries.

• International games give athletes and people a great opportunity to interconnect, to show their cultural characteristics but first of all to work all together and respect each other's victory.
    They are good examples for young people by showing them that keeping fit is healthy.
    For me to host the Olympics games I'd a benefit and each country should feel proud.
    I wish however that after these games finish the governments would still show the same respect for all the facilities and buildings that were created for this purpose.

1. You bring up a really good point about the legacy of Olympic buildings and facilities. What do you think governments should do to make use of these after the games have concluded?

1. Hi Steff , First of all, I believe that the legacy of the games is very important and should be treated respectively.
        Facilities should be used to host so many other international or local games after the Olympics
        If a government cannot afford to maintain these facilities they can rent them to many famous sport clubs that want to use them.
        They can host concerts, international singers and so much more.
        They can be used to train the next generation of athletes a d I think thatthey deserve a government to fund them .

2. After the games have concluded, governments can take several strategic steps to maximize the benefits and legacy of hosting such major sporting events:
        1.Repurpose Venues: Convert sports venues into multi-purpose facilities. For instance, stadiums can host concerts, conferences, or community events.
        2.Transportation: Optimize transportation infrastructure built for the games. Improve public transport systems and integrate them into the city’s daily life.
        3.Housing: Transform athletes’ villages into affordable housing or mixed-use developments.
        4.Promote Tourism: Leverage the global attention garnered during the games to boost tourism. Highlight local attractions, cultural heritage, and unique experiences.
        5.Marketing Campaigns: Invest in marketing campaigns that showcase the host city as an attractive destination beyond the sporting event.
        6.Investment in Industries: Encourage investment in sectors beyond sports, such as technology, entertainment, and education.
        7.Job Creation: Use the momentum to create jobs and stimulate economic growth.
        8.Research Institutes: Collaborate with universities and research institutions to study the impact of hosting major events. Use findings for future planning.
        9.Community Centers: Establish community centers in former event venues. These spaces can host workshops, fitness classes, and social activities.

• I think that sports may be beneficial for some people and some countries because it generales huge amounts of money as there are always a lot of people interested in some specific team or player that may generate money in some certain way. But it can definetely bring problems such as hate to other people or to rivals because there is always someone that takes things too seriously, and to proof this we don't need more to do that to observe people that we meet in our daily lives, not necessarily people that we can say that we are grateful to see.
    From my point of view there are no sports that matter more than others because this is something that totally relies on who do you ask this question and there may be many different opinions and some general preferences as there are some sports that actually are more liked by our society than others but all of them are in the same level of importance as the objectives of sports are the same for all of them.

• in my opinion all sports does not actually matter because people think that football is the most famous sport because they would like to be Messi or Ronaldo but they would just like to be rich and money does not make you happy. People would always like to be famous and would like to be the best at everything but if you actually try your hardest but your actually trying 60% of your best so sports is not worth it.

• i think in my opinion all sports are very important and are fun and good exercise. It could also be very good for your mental health and could release stress or give you a break from your normal day. But some games are a bit too competitive and could cause peoples relationships to break a part. I think it is also a good thing to learn and to think to just calm down, walk away from it and it is just a game.

• In my opinion there aren't sports that matter, it's like saying some sports are better than others but all sports are unique and fun.Yes we know a lot of footballers like Neymar and Ronaldo are really famous for football but it doesn't mean it's a sport that matters others don't because that isn't true,not one bit.All i am saying is that all sports are unique and have there own benefits.

• Hello
    I think that which ever sport we are playing it has its own use and benifit sports do not matter how they are. We play sports for are physical education and are gaining growth in Olympics we did not win for trophy or medal for us we win for are country. My opinion is that Olympics , cricket and many other part of sport has made sport famous as when some one lose in any match people's should learn from their mistake.

• Hello everyone;
    I think that international sports can definitely be beneficial for the people of a country and for that country. Because through international sports a country can feel enough in terms of economy. When an international game is held in a country that country can earn a lot of currency. Also the country that wins the game gets a substantial amount of money as a prize. International sports play a significant role not only in financial terms but also in terms of people's happiness. Nowadays, many people choose mobile phones as a means of entertainment. But, people get healthy entertainment through various international sports. Not only the people of the country but also the players can achieve the quality of unity. From this morning it can be said that international sports can never have a negative impact on a country. This is just my personal opinion. Hopefully, I have been able to present my views in the morning.
    THANKS.

• I don't think there are sports that matter. People have different opinions, if a sport isn't as popular as another sport then it doesn't make it better than the other sport. Each sport has its own benefits like some may bring in more money than the other sports but that doesn't mean that you should decide whether it's better than another. Some international games can be beneficial because the players from other countries could ask about their performance and see what they could work on.

• International games might be beneficial for people and countries because it can introduce that specific country that hasn't played it. For example, India's main sport is cricket and the USA isn't very good at cricket. So, India can introduce the USA into cricket and make them better to compete against other countries that play cricket. Some negatives they might bring is that the people living in the country that doesn't play that specific sport might not like the extra introduction for another sport. You have to take into account that some people are patriotic for the sports that are in the country. I don't think other sports matter than others because each sport focuses on the popularity of the sport in the country and the type of extra curricular activities that is based on the sport.

• In my opinion some societies, sport competitions stand in for military competitions. Unfortunately, not ours. In some societies, sport competitions and betting on the outcomes was pacification of the masses by the emperors and kings of the time in addition The purpose of attending school is to learn. It is not to play sports so you can go into professional leagues and also For those that can’t afford the club, there should be scholarships available.

• There are so many sports in the world. There's hockey, soccer, football, gymnastics, and you could even say cheerleading is one. In my opinion, no one sport is better than another, and no sport matters more than others. My reasoning for this is that some sports might have more of an emotional connection to someone due to nostalgia, and other sports might just not make them feel the same way. It could also be the complete opposite for someone else. They might like a sport simply for the way it's played. Everyone has a different opinion about sports games, so we can't say that one matters more than another. It would be unfair.

• No sports"matter" more than others. The whole point of the Olympics is to see everyone's skills in different sports.All games matter the same .

• From my perspective, there are many various ways of promoting a positive image of other nations. For example, when a team from a foreign country wins in a game, it brings the individuals from those two nations closer together and it also increases cultural understanding. In other words, it is something that greatly helps eliminate cultural ignorance, which is in fact one of the greatest barriers for free communication in our modern society. Also, people may go to the host country of an international game to support their team, which definitely helps boost the local economy. On the other hand, the team members can perfect themselves if they have a longer time to train together while it is common that players from different countries of the same team are not quite familiar with each other before joining the game. Apart from the team members learning from playing with each other, the better facilities like advanced sport science of the countries the game travelled to can also be utilized by the team for a better training and therefore the standard of the game will be improved a lot. Last but not least, the physical skills and the discipline of the personality of the player can all be enhanced through playing international games. It has been widely acknowledged that having physical exercise can prevent top killer diseases like diabetes and cancer. And according to a lot of scientific research, a hormone called endorphin will be released during the time when the body is taking exercise, which helps to improve mood and relieve pressure of mind. Also, the discipline of personality can be cultivated in international games, as players will have to strictly adhere to the rules and regulations of game as well as have respect to the decisions of the referees. The aforementioned points all point to the fact that the benefits of international games are significant and varied. To conclude, all sports matter because they all give great benefits to countries, health and the people.

• International games can be beneficial for people and countries for several reasons:
    1, Cultural exchange
    2. Promoting unity
    3. Economic impact
    4. Promotion of sports
    International sports might also bring negative impacts like:
    1. Financial burdens
    2. social issues
    e.t.c
    Sports wouldmatter based on individuals perspectives all sports have their own unique importance
    The popularity of a sport might also affect whether some sports may matter as well as its international appeal.
    All sports promote physical activity and bring people together

• International games are important for people and countries. This is because others would like to compete in sports that they find engaging and want to experience the feel of other athletes and their skills. They might bring negatives such as violence against other countries, racial motivation of teams and their countries or territories. No sport matters more than another because those who believe their favorite sport is different and unique, should be able to keep those same feelings without being discriminated against. This would also cause violence towards culture and the sports topic. Most sports are traditions and just played because that person or people are passionate about it and want to feel the energy of being an athlete for that activity that they've achieved in.

• 1. International games can be beneficial for people and countries by Being fundraisers, or having small or cash prizes for The support of over seas countries. And can even be a morale raiser to get more people into sports and maybe even becoming professionals.

2. They may also bring negatives though, when it comes to international games they can be misinterpreted, or someone can misunderstand the rules of the game by being unsportsmanship-ly. and Altercations could even break to if it gets too harsh.

3 Some sports like football or basketball are part of a culture that is very important or held dear to a country or its people. And would "matter" more than others to the country.an example is america and baseball/football. And how it is deeply intertwined with the construction of the country to how it is today.

• I agree with you because all sports matter. No matter how boring the games are, they can teach you lessons. Some games matter to people too. Sports can boost confidence and self esteem. It's important to stay healthy. Especially your mental health because it is part of your life, it can affect your thoughts and behaviors. When you stress about something we need something to make us feel better, it can be writing, drawing, and painting. We have to learn how to deal with stress because its not healthy and can lead you in the wrong direction in life.

• International games can be beneficial for both the country and the citizens due to the money gained from tourism and the people flying to that country to watch the games. Though this can cause overpopulation for a certain amount of times and can leave the residents of the country being walked over since some toursists are not the nicest.
    Sports are all equal to each other in terms of importance and, in my opinion, no sport matters more than another. Though one sport is more popular than another, it doesnt mean they are not people's hopes and passions.

• I say that all sports matter. I say that because it's a sport for a reason meaning that people like to play it and enjoy it. Just because the sport may not be popular I feel like it is still important because people know of it and people play or partake in it. The sport may have it's own type of benefits to the human body which can be used for other daily tasks in the person's life. You can also learn many life lessons from the sport that can be applied to daily life also which can also be good for the person who plays the sport.

• In my opinion I believe that they are many benefits not country participating in sports for individuals participating in sports representing teams this is a different case on its own because in these sports fan from all over the world for a single reason support their team but when it is for a country its different in many ways you pour your heart for but it has numerous benefits first of all I think it could serve as ambassador give social recognition to a country encourage others to take part in sports I think the only negativity brought is when they loose it sometimes turns rough but as they said lose is another way of motivation all sports matter because everyone loves it
    Thank You😄😁

• When this international games takes place, it a way information can be spread, since it is an international game. International means more than one countries involved. So this way, other countries can be informed. So, skilled athletes can participate in the competition, keeping them healthy when they perform in this games. It boost our self esteem. It keeps us physically fit.
    When conducting this games, there should be optimum safety. If they do not priorities safety, a lot of problems can arise due to lack of safety.
    No, sports are sports. All sports are beneficial in their own way.

• I strongly think the reason why international games might be beneficial for some people or countries is because, it will inspire hope, a sense of nationhood and it will bring the world together. The negatives it might bring, is when some countries are hosting a competition and they start to build stadiums, but these stadiums are not being used, which will be a waste of lot of big money. I strongly believe that no sport matters than other sports, because I am sure some people put a lot of energy and hard work into a kind of sport, so I don't think a particular sport matters than others, if this were to be the case, there will be no fans to attend competitions for the other sports.

• In my opinion, global competitions create chances for individuals from various nations and backgrounds to unite, socialize, and gain insights from each other. This can cultivate deeper comprehension, admiration, and regard for different cultures and viewpoints. Athletic competitions can act as arenas for diplomatic interactions and harmonious connections between countries. They provide openings for discussions and teamwork, even among nations with tense political ties, aiding in easing tensions and constructing connections. In general, international games hold the capacity to unite people and nations, encourage mutual comprehension and collaboration, and create enduring positive effects on individuals, societies, and countries worldwide.

• I think that ,in my opinion all sports matter and should be included in the Olympics or enhanced games because they all bring different things to the playing field. None "matter" more than others

• I think that as long as you have fun, try hard and stay fit ; all sports matter!

• In my opinion, no sport matters more than another sport, all sports have different values and strengths that help people in society. International sports and games bring a sense of community with nations giving an example that nations can join together in peace and have a fun time while doing it.

• I personally don't distinguish between sports that "Matter" more and others that don't. To me sport is for everyone with the main function to connect people all over the world. Every single sport has its own benefits and required skills. Basketball for example focuses on way different skills than swimming or athletics. Therefore international games could be beneficial for contributing to an even more connected World and more compassion for sports. In the end everything that brings together people in a peaceful way should be praised. Especially in these critical times with much hate around the world we need more peaceful gatherings and events for people to look forward to.

• I believe that there are not any sports that really matter. All sports are different and they all have different rules. People may say that some sports don't matter because the person just doesn't like it. Companies also promote sports more than others. For example, they promote football and basketball most of the time. That could change how people see other sports.

• Hello,
    I think international games might be beneficial for some countries from the economy point of view . What I mean by this is if you charged for tickets the country could earn a lot of money which would help the country overall . Conversely, the negatives to this may be that countries that need help in the economy might not have a stadium or a a space where these games could be held .
    Lastly , I do not think some sports matter more than others . This is because in the Olympics they have a wide range of sports so everyone has something they like . For example I like to watch track and field but some people may be into things such as synchronized swimming and limiting them options might effect the amount of people wanting to watch the games .
    Thanks .